LIVE IN EUROPE

- Casey McPherson / vocals, guitar
- Steve Morse guitar
- Dave LaRue / bass
- Neal Morse / vocals, keyboards

2CD Mascot Label Group (2013)

Thanks to Evolver for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

FLYING COLORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FLYING COLORS Live In Europe Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Second Flight: Live At The Z7 (2CD + DVD)Second Flight: Live At The Z7 (2CD + DVD)
Music Theories 2015
Live in EuropeLive in Europe
Mascot Records 2013
Other SideOther Side
CD Baby 2012
Second Flight: Live At The Z7 (2CD + DVD) by Flying ColorsSecond Flight: Live At The Z7 (2CD + DVD) by Flying Colors
Music Theories
Second Nature by Flying Colors (2014-10-21)Second Nature by Flying Colors (2014-10-21)
Mascot Label Group
Flying Colors by Flying Colors (2012-08-03)Flying Colors by Flying Colors (2012-08-03)
Mascot Label Group

More places to buy FLYING COLORS music online Buy FLYING COLORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

FLYING COLORS Live In Europe ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(30%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(52%)

FLYING COLORS Live In Europe reviews

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars By now everyone know about Flying Colors, another side project by the Prog hard workers and creators of Transatlantic Neal Morse and Mike Portnoy.

If you don't know yet allow me to explain that this band is not Transatlantic! Although the band is indeed another super group with Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater, Neal Morse, Transatlantic and Winery Dogs), Neal Morse (ex-Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, solo), Steve Morse (Dixie Dreggs, Deep Purple), Dave LaRue (Steve Morse Band) and the little known Casey McPherson (Alpha Rev, Endochine). Thing is, FLying Colors is not a Prog band, at least not in their first album. The band is a very good example of Crossover Prog with a Rock/Pop formula but with chops, real clever moments and parts and great melodies.

I heard their first album Flying Colors (2012) and thought it was a great album, but it didn't really knock my feet off the ground. When they announced a live album the next year I was thinking to myself "Why a live album now?!?"

Live In Europe (2013) is a double album with little less than 2 hours recorded in the Netherlands and where they play the whole first album. To pull it off a full concert they also played a song from each solo careers, so here you go with a Dream Theater song, a Spock's Beard song, a Dixie Dreggs song and a Alpha Rev song.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great concert in all means and I would be really glad to be there at the concert. The band is flawless and the songs are very strong live. But it keeps popping out in my head that doesn't make any sense for a band with one studio album to release a live one as a following. But it became quite normal for Neal Morse's career.

Now the band's second album is out and you can bet there'll be another live album next year! But it's ok, you can go for it because it's high quality material!

4 stars Up until I first watched this disc, I liked Flying Colors, but I would not say that I regarded them as one of my favourite bands. Since they have put out only two albums (both of which I own), it is probably way too soon to really form a lasting opinion about this, anyway. However, after watching ... (read more)

Report this review (#1635239) | Posted by Progprophet | Monday, October 24, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FLYING COLORS "Live In Europe"