MASTER

1. Leder (0:37)
2. Reaper (6:46)
3. The Servant (4:22)
4. Black Strategy (7:18)
5. Pleiades Underground / Inexorable Master (5:03)
6. Siren Spectre (8:20)
7. Put Me On Your Shoulders So I Can See The Rats (2:32)
8. All Human Is Error (4:43)
9. Responder (10:43)

Total time 50:24

Search TEETH OF THE SEA Master lyrics

Search TEETH OF THE SEA Master tabs

- Sam Barton
- Mike Bourne
- Mat Colegate
- Jimmy Martin

CD Rocket Recordings LAUNCH059CD (October 7, 2013)
LP Rocket Recordings LAUNCH059LP (October 7, 2013)

Thanks to Floyd Steely for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

TEETH OF THE SEA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TEETH OF THE SEA Master Music

More places to buy TEETH OF THE SEA music online Buy TEETH OF THE SEA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TEETH OF THE SEA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TEETH OF THE SEA Master ratings distribution

TEETH OF THE SEA Master reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
5 stars Sometimes my affinity for terrific album art leads me to some really strange places. Sometimes these strange places are disappointing or downright terrible. Then, however, there are the times when I discover not only a new band, but a whole new style that I really enjoy. Teeth of the Sea are one such band. Their new album "Master" has had me transfixed for a little while now, as they embed stunning, raw elements into their electronic style.

You read that correctly. Teeth of the Sea are labeled as psychedelic rock, but in reality they are more like an electronic post rock or post metal. There certainly is a psychedelic element here as lots of spacey keyboard atmospheres appear. On the other hand, we also get some really high-tuned guitar work that is so emotional and so hypnotizing. It always comes in at the right moment to hit that emotional trigger in your brain. Most of the soundscape here is electronic, however. But, this band also makes excellent use of horns. They are used in a way I've never heard, and I just love it. The horns become a foundational aspect of the music quite often, as they form grooves and melodies with ease.

As I mentioned, Teeth of the Sea have much in common with post rock. This means that many of the song structures are long, slow, arcing affairs that climax near the end with breath-taking results. This plodding pace can certainly be a weakness at times, or so I thought. What I've really discovered here is that Teeth of the Sea knows what they are doing. Everything on this album is perfectly placed, and superbly crafted. This band performs this climactic structural style with a finesse and a grace that I'm not sure I've heard elsewhere. Layers upon layers of sound converge, ebbing and flowing to the rhythm. And that's what "Master" is really all about, isn't it? It's about rhythm, melody, and vibe all set to a soundscape describing the uselessness of humanity. Touching, right?

So, with the sci-fi themes, the amazing cover art, and the sweeping auras of sound; Teeth of the Sea have created a masterpiece that is all their own. Their electronic style is part of a genre that rarely agrees with me, but this band has managed to create an album that appeals to me in every way.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1075612) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 11, 2013

5 stars I have been dying for this one to hit the site. I picked it up on Bandcamp last week and have been listening to it almost nonstop. I even made my first dabble into the world of vinyl. I liked it so much; I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity. I, probably like most people, had never heard of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1064856) | Posted by R-A-N-M-A | Wednesday, October 23, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TEETH OF THE SEA "Master"