AT THE END OF MYSELF

1. Overture (2:30)
2. Stay In Line (6:59)
3. Interlude One (1:39)
4. Shadows (2:17)
5. Pushing Forward (4:11)
6. Interlude Two (1:20)
7. Finale (3:00)
8. Walls I Build (8:39)
9. Alone (4:54)
10. Pushing You (4:35)
11. Let It Go (5:44)
12. My First Step (5:40)
13. Wash Away (4:43)
14. My First Breath (5:01)
15. Epilogue (3:40)

Guest musicians:
- Joey Myers / vocals

Digital download (2013)
CD (2013)

Available for streaming and paid downloads via http://echoesofgiants.bandcamp.com/

Thanks to Evolver for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

ECHOES OF GIANTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ECHOES OF GIANTS At The End Of Myself Music

At the End of MyselfAt the End of Myself
CD Baby 2013
At the End of Myself by Echoes of Giants [Music CD]At the End of Myself by Echoes of Giants [Music CD]
CD Baby

More places to buy ECHOES OF GIANTS music online Buy ECHOES OF GIANTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ECHOES OF GIANTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ECHOES OF GIANTS At The End Of Myself ratings distribution

ECHOES OF GIANTS At The End Of Myself reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
5 stars I don't know, where do I start on this album? Sometimes you'll listen to an album and be crushed by the weight of its musical awesomeness. Other times, however, you will connect on a very personal level with both the music and the lyrics. Echoes of Giants' debut album "At the End of Myself" is one such album. I admit that it caught my eye mainly because of the Riverside-esque title, but this band is nothing like Riverside musically.

Echoes of Giants is a band from Missouri, USA, which isn't exactly the hotspot for prog in the US. But these guys have something that many bands completely lack: soul. This music has spirit, soul, and intelligence that are beyond so many others. There is an emotion within this album that feels so alive and palpable, so undeniable and engaging. So human. I found a connection with it that is so intensely personal that I feel that this album will be one of my favorites for many, many years to come.

But what is that connection? The general theme of this album is found in its title: learning to let go of one's self. This album addresses personal feelings of wretchedness, thoughts of depravity, and hope in a cure. It's a journey of sorts, a spiritual one. "Can a filthy rag be made clean?' Yes, it strikes me deeply. It addresses groanings too deep for words. And it does so without an iota of cheesiness.

The lyrics, however, would be nothing without great music, and Echoes of Giants gives us that in spades. This band has a keen ear for beautiful melodies, and also gives attention to time signature changes that really mean something. Sometimes, I find bands trying to be so technical that any amount of technique begins to mean nothing. This band is mature enough already to understand what technique is really meant to do: to supplement the music. They do quite a good job with structuring this album, as the first seven tracks are all part of the title song. There is also another three track song called "My First Breath" later in the album that I find to be both lyrically and musically compelling. The band just has a way of making nostalgic guitar lines that are further bolstered by the excellent keyboard work. Their musical and vocals hooks really grab you.

Therefore, this album is not a technical feat. It contains excellent performances, still. The band is made up of three individuals, while the vocalist is a guest singer named Joey Myers. I think they need to get him on board, though, as his vocal style is simple, melodic, and quaint. It fits the music perfectly. As for the instruments, the band provides a great mix of fantastic acoustic guitar lines that seem to transition into electric without a hitch. The drums are also appropriate, but still more than proficient. Also, the keys on this album are a real treat. They often drive the melodies, and there is a good variety of tone. I also find the bass to be very foundational to the rest of the music and excellently performed. Lastly. there are some other more novel instruments used, such as the Malletkat and other percussion instruments. These add an even proggier feel to the music.

I cannot recommend this album enough for those that like thoughtful, lyrically-rich music. The music itself lends itself to the introspective mood, and I believe that's how it should be. This album explores the soul of the writer, and I find that to be far more interesting than any amount of showboating. This album is a work of art, pure and simple.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1080718) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 23, 2013

2 stars Elton John is Prog? Mainstream Rock, with some "Prog" keyboard's touch. No "masterpiece", not even close. If PA takes these kind of bands as Proggers, well, we are in for trouble. I have tried to find the "prog" side in ECHOES OF GIANTS's, first release "At The End Of Myself", and well it "cros ... (read more)

Report this review (#1096970) | Posted by admireArt | Sunday, December 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I've listened through the album a couple of times now and I feel I can give some of my thoughts. Initially, I wanted to give a blow-by-blow but then realized I was writing like five or six comments per song. If I had done that this already overly long review would have been much longer. So, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1092272) | Posted by DavidA | Thursday, December 19, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I've waited for a long time to hear Echoes first album. I am slightly biased, as I know some of the band members, who reside in the Columbia, Missouri music scene. I remember hitting play, taking in each song, realizing early into that first listen that it's an album of depth and layers. I love th ... (read more)

Report this review (#1090768) | Posted by troyrickertsen | Monday, December 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars ECHOES OF GIANTS hail from Columbia, MO (USA). This new outfit consists of Wes Bolton (guitars, programming), Tracy Thomas (keyboards, percussion, drums, malletkat, programming) and Rick Kaufmann (bass guitar), who are augmented by guest vocalist Joey Myers. Their debut CD 'At The End Of Myself' pre ... (read more)

Report this review (#1076235) | Posted by PH | Wednesday, November 13, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ECHOES OF GIANTS "At The End Of Myself"