SOMETIME ANYWHERE

The Church Sometime Anywhere  album cover

Buy THE CHURCH Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

CD 1: 76:56
1. Day Of The Dead (6:46)
2. Lost My Touch (6:31)
3. Loveblind (6:24)
4. My Little Problem (7:18)
5. The Maven (6:48)
6. Angelica (5:08)
7. Lullaby (2:59)
8. Eastern (3:47)
9. Two Places At Once (7:54)
10. Business Woman (4:30)
11. Authority (5:09)
12. Fly Home (8:43)
13. The Dead Man's Dream (4:59)

CD 2: Somewhere Else (29:57)
1. Drought (3:17)
2. The Time Being (4:34)
3. Leave Your Clothes On (4:49)
4. Cut In Two (4:56)
5. The Myths You Made (4:33)
6. Freeze To Burn (3:55)

- Carol Broca-Wander / French female voice
- Boris Goudenov / drum loops
- Martin Rossell** / drums, organ

CD Arista 07822-18729-2

THE CHURCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CHURCH Sometime Anywhere Music

Sometime AnywhereSometime Anywhere
Arista 1994
Sometime AnywhereSometime Anywhere
Eastworld Records 2013
Sometime Anywhere by Church [Music CD]Sometime Anywhere by Church [Music CD]
Arista
THE CHURCH sealed 2LP Sometime Anywhere ORIGINAL arista 18727 USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Sometime Anywhere by The Church (CD, 1994, Arista) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Sometime Anywhere by Church USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Church CD Sometime Anywhere Steve Kilbey Marty Wilson-Piper USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
THE CHURCH - Sometime Anywhere (CD/1994) Arista Records (13 Tracks) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE CHURCH SOMETIME ANYWHERE 2XLP FIRST U.S PRESS ARISTA HARD TO FIND NEAR MINT! USD $44.99 [0 bids]
The Church - Sometime Anywhere cd album USD $4.68 [0 bids]
The Church-Sometime Anywhere CD-Brand New-Still Sealed USD $12.21 Buy It Now 6 days
Church - Sometime Anywhere - CDLEM85 USD $13.33 Buy It Now 7 days
CHURCH - SOMETIME ANYWHERE NEW CD USD $14.84 Buy It Now 7 days
Sometime Anywhere - Church (2006, CD New) USD $9.69 Buy It Now 7 days
Church - Sometime Anywhere [CD New] USD $11.45 Buy It Now 8 days
THE CHURCH - SOMETIME ANYWHERE-CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Sometime Anywhere [US Double Disc] [Limited] by The Church (CD,1994) NEW SEALED USD $27.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE CHURCH - SOMETIME ANYWHERE (New Sealed) CD Rock 2013 Re-issue #0803341372283 USD $4.68 Buy It Now 9 days
The Church - Sometime Anywhere 1994 Original - NM/NM Brand New Case USD $16.33 Buy It Now 9 days
THE CHURCH - SOMETIME ANYWHERE [5013929768529] - NEW CD USD $11.28 Buy It Now 11 days
The Church Sometime Anywhere CD NEW SEALED 2013 USD $7.81 Buy It Now 11 days
Church, The - Sometime Anywhere (CD 1994) new U.K. USD $11.29 Buy It Now 12 days
Sometime Anywhere by The Church (CD, Jun-1994) {FREE SHIPPING} USD $8.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Sometime Anywhere [US Double Disc] [Limited] by The Church (CD, May-1994, 2 CD) USD $3.84 Buy It Now 15 days
Sometime Anywhere [US Double Disc] [Limited] by The Church (CD, May-1994) USD $1.29 Buy It Now 15 days
CHURCH THE - SOMETIME ANYWHERE - EW0121CD USD $5.52 Buy It Now 16 days
CD . Church . Sometime Anywhere . USD $4.99 Buy It Now 16 days
The Church - Sometime Anywhere (2006) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $9.95 Buy It Now 17 days
CHURCH Sometime Anywhere 13 track CD SEALED USD $6.54 Buy It Now 17 days
THE CHURCH - SOMETIME ANYWHERE [803341372283] - NEW CD USD $4.08 Buy It Now 17 days
Church - Sometime Anywhere CD LEMON RECO USD $15.59 Buy It Now 18 days
Sometime Anywhere - The Church (Cassette 1994, Arista) in VGC+++ USD $5.39 Buy It Now 20 days
THE ALBUM NETWORK TUNEUP #28/THE CHURCH SOMETIME ANYWHERE (3CD'S-6/1994) VARIOUS USD $19.99 Buy It Now 23 days
The Church - Sometime Anywhere ( CD ) NEW / SEALED USD $4.30 Buy It Now 25 days
Sometime Anywhere - Church NEW SEALED (CD 2006) USD $8.98 Buy It Now 25 days
Sometime Anywhere (Limited Edition) [Doppel-CD] [Audio CD] Church USD $5.14 Buy It Now 26 days
Church - Sometime Anywhere (1994) - Used - Compact Disc USD $0.99 Buy It Now 26 days
THE CHURCH - CD - SOMETIME ANYWHERE USD $20.41 Buy It Now 26 days
The Church ?- Sometime Anywhere LP Arista Vinyl alternative rock psychedelic USD $52.99 Buy It Now 28 days
The Church-Sometime Anywhere CD NEW USD $14.88 Buy It Now 28 days
Church, The - Sometime Anywhere NEW CD USD $2.63 Buy It Now 29 days
THE CHURCH SOMETIME ANYWHERE CD 1994 ARISTA BMG PRESS USD $4.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THE CHURCH music online Buy THE CHURCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CHURCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CHURCH Sometime Anywhere ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(57%)

THE CHURCH Sometime Anywhere reviews

Review by maani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Founding Moderator
4 stars [Ninth in a series] After the unexpectedly amazing quality of "Priest=Aura," I was certain that The Church could not possibly top themselves. Boy, was I wrong (and would be again...). Though it was not so much a matter of "topping" as of continuing to extend their rapidly-growing range, and using their unique blend of songwriting, arrangement and texture to create equally great (or better) music. "Sometime Anywhere" provides ample evidence that the band accomplished exactly that. / "Day of the Dead" - another lyrical masterpiece from Kilbey, and another true Church "original" - starts in Floydian mode, quickly developing into a bass riff-propelled arrangement with minimalist guitar work, a simple but effective beat that builds and fades, and an increasingly present atmosphere. "Lost My Touch" is among the weirdest pieces the band has ever done, with an off-time beat and bass figure and scratchy guitar undergirding a fuzzed-out vocal on the verses, giving way to a truly haunting chorus, with a strange, "psychedelic" instrumental section in the middle. "Loveblind" remains my favorite Church song ever. (It is on my list of "desert island songs.") It is among the most deceptively simple, masterful, hypnotic and flat-out beautiful arrangements ever written by the band, and supports one of Kilbey's most haunting stories. (If you hear this on headphones, I guarantee you will listen to it twice before listening to the rest of the album.) "My Little Problem" is a humorous ditty built around some pretty guitars, a McCartney-esque bass line, and "peek-a-boo" drum and keyboard (string) figures. "The Maven" calls to mind "The Illusionist" (from "Priest=Aura"), having a similar theme and arrangement - a brilliant rhyming lyric about a phony mendicant, supported by a simple arrangement (sort of Dylan-meets-Floyd). If "Lost My Touch" is weird, then "Angelica" is downright bizarre. Almost Belew-era Crimzoid in its approach, it includes a Fripp-ish guitar figure, a hypnotic, repetitive arrangement, a simple, almost paranoid lyric, a crazy vocal delivery, and strange sound effects (including a well-used violin). "Lullaby" is a short but beautiful ballad about the baby Jesus, undergirded almost entirely by two tremolo guitars. "Eastern" is without question my favorite Church instrumental. Using a quasi-Arabic beat, violin, and some authentic Arabic percussion and guitar-like instruments, the overall effect is both strange and truly beautiful. "Two Places At Once" is another truly original, masterful arrangement from the band, moving between soft, violin-laced sections and harder, drum-propelled sections, and pits the voices of Kilbey and Willson-Piper against each other in a neat way. "Business Woman" and "Authority" both have great lyrics on odd subjects, and a more straightforward musical approach, harking back to the best of the band in its "Heyday" period, showing that they can still "rock" when they want to, but with a decidedly more "mature" flair. "Fly Home" brings us back to the present with a nicely textured, bass riff-propelled arrangement including a subtle arpeggiated guitar, occasional keyboard figure, and some nice sound effects, giving way to a heavy Floydian chorus (ending with a reprise of the "Loveblind" theme). "The Dead Man's Dream" is a truly dreamy, hypnotic arrangement with a repetitive guitar riff, textured keyboards, and overlapping vocal lines. / By itself, this disc provides enough proof that the band is still very much on track in its exciting new approach, if not growing even more. However...

The band must have been having an exceptionally creative moment, and apparently could not help themselves from providing even more great music. In fact, the seven songs on disc two actually comprise something of a separate "mini-album," with a slightly more "playful" tone. "Drought" starts us off in high style, with a great beat, and a neat arrangement of cool congas, minimalist guitars, and subtle textures. "The Time Being" is propelled by a solid beat, a "sawing" electric guitar, and nice keyboard figures. "Leave Your Clothes On" has a wonderfully sardonic lyric underpinned by nice fuzz guitar work, heavy drums and a nice bass figure, along with an increasingly driving instrumental section at the end. "Cut In Two" is a heavy, driving, multi-layered composition full of interesting ideas and textures, including vocally. I have always felt that "The Myths You Made" (another fave of mine) would have fit very comfortably on Revolver, with its wonderfully Beatle-esque arrangement, including a slightly "off-key" guitar figure, Ringo-like drumming, and a chorus that sounds very reminiscent of "the boys." "Freeze To Burn" (another fave) has a wildly infectious beat (I dare you not to smile - and bop - when you hear it...), a fuzz-driven vocal, some wild guitar work, and a seriously crazy atmosphere. "Macabre Tavern" is a quasi-instrumental based around a repetitive bass figure, minimalist guitar and keyboards, and hallucinatory "lyrics." / Although it is really only six songs (the seventh one being hard to listen to too often), this is actually among my favorite Church discs.

Taken together, the sheer volume of great music on these discs makes "Sometime Anywhere" among The Church's greatest albums, and certainly among their most creative and listenable.

Send comments to maani (BETA) | Report this review (#20) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 22, 2004

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars If you would except some very, very rare releases: I have never been exhilarating about ultra long albums. Even magical items as "The Lamb" or "Tales" shown some limits (and I'm not even writing about countless efforts) in terms of consistency throughout their lengths.

I'm afraid that this "Sometime Anywhere" doesn't fulfil its purpose. "The Church" has been moderately moving in terms of music as far as I'm concerned: a very fresh debut and some good albums, but really nothing to write home about.

This one isn't any major improvement to tell the truth. On the contrary, it sounds repetitive, bargained to (again) The Bunnymen, and little expressive. Languishing and basic rock tunes for about eighty minutes: that's quite a (boring) ride for sure.

This album conveys quite a dull feel ("Loveblind") and it is quite an effort to listen to this album from A to Z here. If I ever live up to eighty, I will have spent almost 1/270.000 of my lifetime to have listened to this work (I did it twice). I'm not sure that it was the most effective minutes of my life!

This is a rather average record to remain polite. The ability of the band to bring some fantasy into their music seems all gone. What's left is just repeated stuff which is far from being exciting. Where are those glorious new wave days (even if not popular on this site)?

Most of the songs are too long and offer very little to grab. Monotonous, little inspired, passionless: in a word somewhat useless unfortunately. Most of them do need the "press next" exercise to tell the truth. "The Maven" is only existing thanks to the great guitar break which closes the song.

I'm not telling that this album is absolute crap because there are still good moments available, but gosh! While "Angelica" is being performed the next thing you want to do is the definite "press next" thing for sure. The nadir of this album and probably of their whole career.

It is amazing how prolific one can write about such an average album. It is often more difficult to express your love for a dear and fabulous album, which is absolutely not the case here. As far as I'm concerned, this is the weakest "Church" album so far (and I have reviewed most of them in the chronological order as usual).

You can better skip this album from your concern. Not only won't you spend your money in a useless item but as I have said, it is also quite time consuming. Only "Eastern" is worth, thanks to a great violin paly.

If you would like to discover some great new wave bands who played violins, I just can recommend the fabulous "Doctor Of Madness". But this album is just shy of this great band. Some sort of sub-par "Lou Reed" or "Cockney Rebel" (some other great bands by the way), can be discovered during "Two Place At Once".

I will be quite generous with this album from "The Church": two stars. Which means: below average. Not any song that is kicking, not any song that is performing. Nothing really interesting to be honest.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#241669) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 26, 2009

4 stars Shortly after buying this CD, I learned there was a limited edition double CD release and sought it out. It was well worth the shopping. This release took me quite by surprise after I had owned nothing but "Priest=Aura" for nearly two years. The range and scope of the songs on this CD (and its ... (read more)

Report this review (#130715) | Posted by beebs | Sunday, July 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It was clear that after the overwhelming artistical sucess that The Church achieved with "Priest=Aura", repeating the story would be indeed a difficult task. However, they managed to make a worthy and solid continuation to their previous work. "Sometime Anywhere" was an exploration of the e ... (read more)

Report this review (#53703) | Posted by shyman | Friday, October 28, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CHURCH "Sometime Anywhere "