SOMETIME ANYWHERE

The Church Sometime Anywhere  album cover

Buy THE CHURCH Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

CD 1: 76:56
1. Day Of The Dead (6:46)
2. Lost My Touch (6:31)
3. Loveblind (6:24)
4. My Little Problem (7:18)
5. The Maven (6:48)
6. Angelica (5:08)
7. Lullaby (2:59)
8. Eastern (3:47)
9. Two Places At Once (7:54)
10. Business Woman (4:30)
11. Authority (5:09)
12. Fly Home (8:43)
13. The Dead Man's Dream (4:59)

CD 2: Somewhere Else (29:57)
1. Drought (3:17)
2. The Time Being (4:34)
3. Leave Your Clothes On (4:49)
4. Cut In Two (4:56)
5. The Myths You Made (4:33)
6. Freeze To Burn (3:55)

- Carol Broca-Wander / French female voice
- Boris Goudenov / drum loops
- Martin Rossell** / drums, organ

CD Arista 07822-18729-2

THE CHURCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CHURCH Sometime Anywhere Music

GREAT HYMNS OF THE CHURCH LP W-M OLD RUGGED CROSS 1008 R VG/EX C VG+ (LP-7081) US $5.49 Buy It Now 31m 7s
Lot 2 CDs CHARLOTTE CHURCH Voice of an Angel & Dream a Dream AVE MARIA Pie Jesu US $4.49 [0 bids]
32m 39s
Vintage 80s The Lords Of The New Church Live For Today 12" Single Vinyl Record US $5.00 Buy It Now 38m
5.6.7.8's / CHURCH KEYS NEW 45! Norton Rolling Stones Covers Series US $7.99 Buy It Now 41m 45s
"Northern Soul" "Eugene Church" "LISTEN" "For The Rest Of My Life" "Rare 45" US $9.99 Buy It Now 42m 31s
CHESTNUT GROVE QUARTET: The Little Old Church By The Road LP (foxing stains oc US $20.00 Buy It Now 42m 57s
"R&B Soul " "The Diamonds" "The Church Bells May Ring" "Rare 78" US $9.99 Buy It Now 49m 21s
burzum coming to a church near you tour '92 t shirt black metal emperor beherit US $13.00 Buy It Now 53m 14s
burzum coming to a church near you tour '92 t shirt black metal emperor beherit US $18.00 Buy It Now 53m 14s
Saint Andrews Singers Mesa Arizona. Saint Andrews Methodist Church US $24.99 Buy It Now 58m 13s
CHRIS CHURCH - AURALOLLOPOP US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h
WOOD, CHARLES - OXFORD CHURCH ANTHEMS - NEW CD US $11.04 Buy It Now 1h 15m
CHURCH OF THE HOLY GHOST CHOIR - LATIN CHORAL TRADITION NEW CD US $26.30 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Dream a Dream by Charlotte Church (CD, Oct-2000, Sony Classical) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Starfish by The Church (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MAURICE DURUFLE REQUIEM; ST PETER'S UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST CHOIR LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
METAL CHURCH - THE DARK [METAL CHURCH] - NEW CD US $6.05 Buy It Now 1h 49m
St. Paul Baptist Church Didn't It Rain Rare Capitol 78 57-70002 Mono VG+ US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
St. Paul Baptish Church He's A Friend Of Mine Rare Capitol 78-1658 Mono NM US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Dusk/ I Cannot See t See You-I hear those Church Bells ringing B-990 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
ZION HILL BAPTIST CHURCH ATLANTA JESUS KNOWS LP VG+ US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
NEW - Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping US $3.74 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Eugene Chadbourne: Baptist Church CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Charlotte Church , Audio CD, Prelude: The Best of Charlotte Church US $7.09 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Charlotte Church, Church, Charlotte, Good US $5.10 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Bethany Congregational Church Vinyl LP "Bethany Sings" New Sealed US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 58m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH "S/T" CD 1999 just wave hello sony US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Hawkwind - Church Of Hawkwind IECP-10232 QR CD Mini LP Japan +OBI US $34.80 Buy It Now 3h 37m
NEW - Church Classics, Vol. 3 by Steven Anderson US $3.74 Buy It Now 3h 39m
LILLIE JENKINS 45 SOUL GET RIGHT CHURCH JEWEL US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
TRAMONTANE - Tramontane Manilla Road, Metal Church US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Metal Church: The Dark - 1986 Elektra Records - OOP 1ST PRESSING US $4.99 [0 bids]
Metal Church - Metal Church (CD) US $9.00 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Virgil Fox Plays The Classics~Aeolian-Skinner Organ~Riverside Church~FAST SHIP! US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Portugal The Man The Pines The Devil 7" Vinyl /1500 Waiter Church Evil Friends US $20.00 [0 bids]
RAPIDFIRE - Settle the Score VICIOUS RUMORS, LEATHERWOLF, METAL CHURCH US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Russian Church Music, , Import US $4.97 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Church : Of Skins & Hearts CD (1990) US $4.46 Buy It Now 5h 33m
METAL CHURCH - Human Factor -cd ( ltd DIJIPACK ) US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Various Artists,Nerf Herder,The Church,LFO,NEW CD,Rockin' 90's US $2.49 Buy It Now 5h 46m
The Church - S/T cd 1982 1st W German CARRERE Steve Kilbey Peter Koppes RARE US $49.90 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Stephen Cummings - Falling Swinger Live in Lovetown 2 cd Steve Kilbey Church LTD US $45.90 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Isidore Life Somewhere Else lp new vinyl the church steve kilbey US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Ernest Lough / Temple Church Choir London - Hear My Prayer 7" 1950s HMV 7EG8293 US $5.93 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Prelude - The Best of Charlotte Church US $4.17 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Church Classics Volume 3 The Festival Choir and Hosanna Chorus Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Decca : LK 4543 Sing & Rejoice : The Choir of St. Mark's Church.North Audley St US $11.51 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Church In The Wildwood ~ The Michaelsens - Very Scarce Private Xian Gospel LP US $5.95 Buy It Now 7h 25m
ALAIN/REGER - OSCAR CHURCH ORGAN [CD NEW] US $18.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
The Church - Hindsight 1980-1987 2x LP Vinyl US $69.99 Buy It Now 8h
NORTHWEST CHURCH hail to the lamb SFR116 uk songs of fellowship LP PS VG/EX US $35.82 Buy It Now 8h
IKO 14 RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH MUSIC 12 liturgy st john fortounatto LP PS EX/EX US $15.23 Buy It Now 8h
IKO 1 RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH MUSIC 1 matveev/archimandrite matthew LP PS EX/EX US $15.23 Buy It Now 8h
Charlotte Church US $4.17 Buy It Now 8h 12m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH - THE BEST OF on CD - NEW - US $15.16 Buy It Now 8h 12m
"The Church of Hawkwind" HAWKWIND 1982 RCA Vinyl LP EXCELLENT US $42.35 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Virgil Fox Organ of Riverside Church New York 1950s EP Vinyl Record (VG+) Gospel US $18.00 [0 bids]
THE CHURCH - THE CHURCH - FORGET YOURSELF - NEW CD/DVD(DUALDISC) US $9.98 Buy It Now 8h 25m
The Cowboy Church Sunday School The Lord Is Counting On You 78rpm Disc US $16.93 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Eric Church - The Outsiders ( CD 2014) US $5.93 [0 bids]
Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise Japan Limited Out of Print CD New Remastered US $75.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
ORGANS OF THE NETHERLANDS VOL 4 CD J S BACH ORGAN OF THE CHURCH NIJKERK US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 58m
AMOS-CHURCH OF FREEDOM-OLDSKOOL HOUSE/RETRO/95 @LISTEN US $8.12 Buy It Now 9h
Mozart: Church Sonatas for Organ Daniel Chorzempa 2 LP US $10.00 [0 bids]
MANUELA I HEAR THOSE CHURCH BELLS RINGING GER-7" PS1972 US $17.49 Buy It Now 9h 20m
CHRISTMAS CAROLS with ST MARY CHURCH WARWICK - Ex Con LP Record Abbey XMS 666 US $15.23 Buy It Now 9h 22m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH - CRAZY CHICK (CD1) - CD SINGLE EXCELLENT US $3.37 Buy It Now 9h 26m
DEUS OTIOSUS-GODLESS-CD-death-hideous invasion-church bizarre-grave-maim US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 28m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH - CRAZY CHICK (CD2) - CD SINGLE EXCELLENT US $3.37 Buy It Now 9h 28m
David Crowder Band - Church Music (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.10 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Songs Of Praise Church Hymns Music CDs US $8.47 Buy It Now 9h 35m
CHURCH almost with you 7" b/w life speeds up (car247) writing on label uk carrer US $10.88 Buy It Now 9h 37m
WILLOWS church bells may ring 7" split reissue (col3025) us collectables 0 US $8.46 Buy It Now 9h 44m
the Church: Terra Nova Cain 12 inch single Arista 1990 US $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Charlotte Church (CD, Nov-1999, Sony Classical) US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE CHURCH Greatest Hits Acoustic CD BRAND NEW Liberation Steve Kilbey US $12.05 Buy It Now 9h 52m
THE CHURCH El Momento Descuidado CD BRAND NEW Liberation Acoustic US $12.09 Buy It Now 9h 53m
THE CHURCH - Heyday CASSETTE TAPE / New Wave / PHILIPPINES US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 58m
United Presbyterian Church - Division of Radio and Television Lp Record US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE BOX TOPS-I MET HER IN CHURCH-ORIGINAL DIFFERENT INDIAN PRESSIN PS 45rpm 1968 US $14.00 Buy It Now 10h 6m
AIM IN AIM (Just You And Me) - Vintage Sheet Music - Jim Church US $16.95 Buy It Now 10h 10m
LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH rockers LP 10 track limited to 300 copies only (djb 6661 US $20.32 Buy It Now 10h 14m
RONNIE MCDOWELL - AT CHURCH STREET STATION - NEW CD US $9.31 Buy It Now 10h 17m
METAL CHURCH - DYNAMO CLASSIC CONCERTS 1991 - FDDL0041 US $21.76 Buy It Now 10h 31m
THE MEN_Church Of Logic_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA_r5 US $9.39 Buy It Now 10h 49m
Charlotte Church - Charlotte Church (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.80 Buy It Now 10h 52m
The Church: Heyday LP NM Canada Warner Bros. 92 53701 lyric sleeve US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
The Church- Forget Yourself CD- 2003 Autographed US $19.00 Buy It Now 11h 13m
Now Thank We All Our God King Of Glory Lutheran Church Scottsdale AZ 2 CD Set US $9.96 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Eric Church - Outsiders (2014) - New - Long Play Record US $13.51 Buy It Now 11h 29m
CHURCH WHIP Psychedelic Nightmare LP blackened hardcore punk horrid cross NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Christmas Acetate Will & Baumer Candle Co. w/ Choir of Blessed Sacrament Church US $20.00 [0 bids]
Church of Sky US $5.15 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Church of Noise US $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 54m
Church of Noise US $4.17 Buy It Now 11h 55m
THE CHURCH - Sing-Songs (IMPORT) 12" Vinyl EP 1982 EMI Records US $25.99 [0 bids]
Lanz - Incinerator The New Church CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 6m

More places to buy THE CHURCH music online Buy THE CHURCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CHURCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CHURCH Sometime Anywhere ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(60%)

THE CHURCH Sometime Anywhere reviews

Review by maani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Founding Moderator
4 stars [Ninth in a series] After the unexpectedly amazing quality of "Priest=Aura," I was certain that The Church could not possibly top themselves. Boy, was I wrong (and would be again...). Though it was not so much a matter of "topping" as of continuing to extend their rapidly-growing range, and using their unique blend of songwriting, arrangement and texture to create equally great (or better) music. "Sometime Anywhere" provides ample evidence that the band accomplished exactly that. / "Day of the Dead" - another lyrical masterpiece from Kilbey, and another true Church "original" - starts in Floydian mode, quickly developing into a bass riff-propelled arrangement with minimalist guitar work, a simple but effective beat that builds and fades, and an increasingly present atmosphere. "Lost My Touch" is among the weirdest pieces the band has ever done, with an off-time beat and bass figure and scratchy guitar undergirding a fuzzed-out vocal on the verses, giving way to a truly haunting chorus, with a strange, "psychedelic" instrumental section in the middle. "Loveblind" remains my favorite Church song ever. (It is on my list of "desert island songs.") It is among the most deceptively simple, masterful, hypnotic and flat-out beautiful arrangements ever written by the band, and supports one of Kilbey's most haunting stories. (If you hear this on headphones, I guarantee you will listen to it twice before listening to the rest of the album.) "My Little Problem" is a humorous ditty built around some pretty guitars, a McCartney-esque bass line, and "peek-a-boo" drum and keyboard (string) figures. "The Maven" calls to mind "The Illusionist" (from "Priest=Aura"), having a similar theme and arrangement - a brilliant rhyming lyric about a phony mendicant, supported by a simple arrangement (sort of Dylan-meets-Floyd). If "Lost My Touch" is weird, then "Angelica" is downright bizarre. Almost Belew-era Crimzoid in its approach, it includes a Fripp-ish guitar figure, a hypnotic, repetitive arrangement, a simple, almost paranoid lyric, a crazy vocal delivery, and strange sound effects (including a well-used violin). "Lullaby" is a short but beautiful ballad about the baby Jesus, undergirded almost entirely by two tremolo guitars. "Eastern" is without question my favorite Church instrumental. Using a quasi-Arabic beat, violin, and some authentic Arabic percussion and guitar-like instruments, the overall effect is both strange and truly beautiful. "Two Places At Once" is another truly original, masterful arrangement from the band, moving between soft, violin-laced sections and harder, drum-propelled sections, and pits the voices of Kilbey and Willson-Piper against each other in a neat way. "Business Woman" and "Authority" both have great lyrics on odd subjects, and a more straightforward musical approach, harking back to the best of the band in its "Heyday" period, showing that they can still "rock" when they want to, but with a decidedly more "mature" flair. "Fly Home" brings us back to the present with a nicely textured, bass riff-propelled arrangement including a subtle arpeggiated guitar, occasional keyboard figure, and some nice sound effects, giving way to a heavy Floydian chorus (ending with a reprise of the "Loveblind" theme). "The Dead Man's Dream" is a truly dreamy, hypnotic arrangement with a repetitive guitar riff, textured keyboards, and overlapping vocal lines. / By itself, this disc provides enough proof that the band is still very much on track in its exciting new approach, if not growing even more. However...

The band must have been having an exceptionally creative moment, and apparently could not help themselves from providing even more great music. In fact, the seven songs on disc two actually comprise something of a separate "mini-album," with a slightly more "playful" tone. "Drought" starts us off in high style, with a great beat, and a neat arrangement of cool congas, minimalist guitars, and subtle textures. "The Time Being" is propelled by a solid beat, a "sawing" electric guitar, and nice keyboard figures. "Leave Your Clothes On" has a wonderfully sardonic lyric underpinned by nice fuzz guitar work, heavy drums and a nice bass figure, along with an increasingly driving instrumental section at the end. "Cut In Two" is a heavy, driving, multi-layered composition full of interesting ideas and textures, including vocally. I have always felt that "The Myths You Made" (another fave of mine) would have fit very comfortably on Revolver, with its wonderfully Beatle-esque arrangement, including a slightly "off-key" guitar figure, Ringo-like drumming, and a chorus that sounds very reminiscent of "the boys." "Freeze To Burn" (another fave) has a wildly infectious beat (I dare you not to smile - and bop - when you hear it...), a fuzz-driven vocal, some wild guitar work, and a seriously crazy atmosphere. "Macabre Tavern" is a quasi-instrumental based around a repetitive bass figure, minimalist guitar and keyboards, and hallucinatory "lyrics." / Although it is really only six songs (the seventh one being hard to listen to too often), this is actually among my favorite Church discs.

Taken together, the sheer volume of great music on these discs makes "Sometime Anywhere" among The Church's greatest albums, and certainly among their most creative and listenable.

Send comments to maani (BETA) | Report this review (#20) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 22, 2004

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars If you would except some very, very rare releases: I have never been exhilarating about ultra long albums. Even magical items as "The Lamb" or "Tales" shown some limits (and I'm not even writing about countless efforts) in terms of consistency throughout their lengths.

I'm afraid that this "Sometime Anywhere" doesn't fulfil its purpose. "The Church" has been moderately moving in terms of music as far as I'm concerned: a very fresh debut and some good albums, but really nothing to write home about.

This one isn't any major improvement to tell the truth. On the contrary, it sounds repetitive, bargained to (again) The Bunnymen, and little expressive. Languishing and basic rock tunes for about eighty minutes: that's quite a (boring) ride for sure.

This album conveys quite a dull feel ("Loveblind") and it is quite an effort to listen to this album from A to Z here. If I ever live up to eighty, I will have spent almost 1/270.000 of my lifetime to have listened to this work (I did it twice). I'm not sure that it was the most effective minutes of my life!

This is a rather average record to remain polite. The ability of the band to bring some fantasy into their music seems all gone. What's left is just repeated stuff which is far from being exciting. Where are those glorious new wave days (even if not popular on this site)?

Most of the songs are too long and offer very little to grab. Monotonous, little inspired, passionless: in a word somewhat useless unfortunately. Most of them do need the "press next" exercise to tell the truth. "The Maven" is only existing thanks to the great guitar break which closes the song.

I'm not telling that this album is absolute crap because there are still good moments available, but gosh! While "Angelica" is being performed the next thing you want to do is the definite "press next" thing for sure. The nadir of this album and probably of their whole career.

It is amazing how prolific one can write about such an average album. It is often more difficult to express your love for a dear and fabulous album, which is absolutely not the case here. As far as I'm concerned, this is the weakest "Church" album so far (and I have reviewed most of them in the chronological order as usual).

You can better skip this album from your concern. Not only won't you spend your money in a useless item but as I have said, it is also quite time consuming. Only "Eastern" is worth, thanks to a great violin paly.

If you would like to discover some great new wave bands who played violins, I just can recommend the fabulous "Doctor Of Madness". But this album is just shy of this great band. Some sort of sub-par "Lou Reed" or "Cockney Rebel" (some other great bands by the way), can be discovered during "Two Place At Once".

I will be quite generous with this album from "The Church": two stars. Which means: below average. Not any song that is kicking, not any song that is performing. Nothing really interesting to be honest.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#241669) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 26, 2009

4 stars Shortly after buying this CD, I learned there was a limited edition double CD release and sought it out. It was well worth the shopping. This release took me quite by surprise after I had owned nothing but "Priest=Aura" for nearly two years. The range and scope of the songs on this CD (and its ... (read more)

Report this review (#130715) | Posted by beebs | Sunday, July 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It was clear that after the overwhelming artistical sucess that The Church achieved with "Priest=Aura", repeating the story would be indeed a difficult task. However, they managed to make a worthy and solid continuation to their previous work. "Sometime Anywhere" was an exploration of the e ... (read more)

Report this review (#53703) | Posted by shyman | Friday, October 28, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CHURCH "Sometime Anywhere "