AFTER EVERYTHING NOW THIS

The Church After Everything Now This  album cover

Buy THE CHURCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Numbers (4:29)
2. After Everything (6:01)
3. The Awful Ache (5:17)
4. Song For The Asking (5:08)
5. Chromium (3:44)

- Peter Koppes / guitar, keyboards, bass
- Marty Willson-Piper / guitar
- Tim Powles / drums, percussion

CD Thirsty Ear

THE CHURCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CHURCH After Everything Now This Music

24-Hour Church Of Beer - Sacrelicious CD US $16.63 Buy It Now 34m 14s
Bernstein Byrd - Festival Of Psalms: Temple Church Choir CD US $21.20 Buy It Now 34m 52s
Dr. Bonnie & The Friendship Church Outreach Hunter - Worshipful Praise CD US $20.65 Buy It Now 35m 32s
Willow Creek Church - For Your Glory CD US $17.45 Buy It Now 35m 45s
Tallis Scholars & Peter Phillips - Tudor Church Music Vol.1 CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 36m 10s
THE CHURCH - HINDSIGHT 1980-1987 on 2 CD's - NEW - US $15.78 Buy It Now 48m 52s
THE OBSESSED - The Church Within LTD BLACK COLLECTORS BOX / 1994 Black Sabbath US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
charlotte church, crazy chick, 2005 2 track cd single, pop/vocal NEW US $3.30 Buy It Now 1h 10m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH - BACK TO SCRATCH _ CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Greatest Praise Songs Of The Church Come Just As You Are Christian Religious US $9.50 [0 bids]
Church Mouth US $15.62 Buy It Now 1h 19m
ERIC CHURCH - THE OUTSIDERS: CD ALBUM (February 24th, 2014) US $17.44 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Charlotte Church Crazy Chick CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 1h 23m
JOYCE BEASLEY - Let's Go Back to Church! LP Rare private press Gospel Funk HE... US $5.61 [2 bids]
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH Moorestown, New Jersey CD Super Rare Christian Gospel US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
J Church, Storm the Tower,NEW CD,Split US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Eurfryn John Church Organ Favourites 7" EP Single Columbia Label SEG8479 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 34m
THE CHURCH "METROPOLIS" RARE AUSSIE CASSINGLE NM US $13.09 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE CHURCH Gold Afternoon Fix CD 1990 US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE BEST OF CHARLOTTE CHURCH US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
METAL CHURCH - Blessing In Disguise (reissue) - LP US $32.97 Buy It Now 1h 49m
THE CHURCH - STARFISH CD ALBUM 1992 US $2.80 [2 bids]
Mt ZION CHURCH CHOIR,LOVE, SO AMAZING, ALBUM US $6.63 [0 bids]
Bishop G.E. Patterson - Having Church With The Saints [CD New] US $9.77 Buy It Now 2h 2m
7" Lords Of The New Church - Open Your Eyes P/S 1982 Illegal Recs EX US $4.97 [0 bids]
CHARLOTTE CHURCH - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $24.89 Buy It Now 2h 13m
BLOODY BEETROOTS, The feat DENNIS LYXZEN - Church Of Noise - 12" US $50.80 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Northland Church Dr. Joel Hunter CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE COWBOY CHURCH SUNDAY SCHOOL THE LORD IS COUNTING ON YOU/OPEN UP YOUR HEART US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
CHURCH CHOIRS, VOCAL GROUPS AND PREACHERS - NEW CD US $10.88 Buy It Now 2h 45m
John Foxx : The Garden : Vinyl Album + Church Book : Virgin : V2194 US $11.28 Buy It Now 2h 49m
ROCK ON - ENDLESS SUMMER NIGHTS 1988 the church ziggy marley eric carmen US $2.70 Buy It Now 2h 58m
refreshing springs church - black gospel vinyl 45 fathers house / lead me on US $12.95 [0 bids]
Christmas at St. Thomas Church NYC 1974 vinyl LP record in shrink US $14.95 [0 bids]
National Baptist Convention Mass Choir - Let's Go To Church (Cassette) SEALED US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
DAVID CROWDER BAND - CHURCH MUSIC [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.04 Buy It Now 3h 27m
UNBLESSED Unblessed LP Judas Priest Queensryche Metal Church US $0.99 [1 bids]
OLIVET BAPTIST CHURCH,KANSAS CITY,KC BLACK GOSPEL ,CHOIR,CHORUS ,SEALED,SCARCE? US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
ROACHPOWDER - ATOMIC CHURCH * - NEW CD US $13.33 Buy It Now 3h 38m
JERIS ROSS VG++ Pictures On Paper 45 Won't You Meet Me At The Church ABC 12064 US $19.95 Buy It Now 3h 43m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH VOICE OF AN ANGEL CASSETTE TAPE ALBUM E11 US $2.81 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Choir St Marks Church North Audley Street - Sing & Rejoice - Decca - LK4543 (LP) US $6.63 Buy It Now 3h 48m
THOMAS TALLIS Tudor church music Record 1 LP +INSERT Classical choral US $6.63 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Choir Temple Church, London - E.Lough - Mendelssohn - Hear My Prayer - C1329(78) US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Choir Temple Church, Thalben Ball - Heavens Are Telling - Haydn - Creation (78) US $3.30 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Christmas At Leeds Parish Church - Donald Hunt, Anthony Langford - MVP756 (LP) US $19.91 Buy It Now 4h
Back To Church, Various Artists Disc 1 Only Malaco MCD 2007 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Remy Stroomer-The Great Church Trilogy CD NEW US $19.83 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Charlotte Church - Voice of an Angel (1998) (CD) VGC US $2.97 Buy It Now 4h 3m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH ~'Tissues & Issues'~RARE UK 6 Track 'PROMO ONLY' CD Sampler~NEW US $13.27 Buy It Now 4h 7m
JOYNER JACKIEM - CHURCH BOY - ART7033 US $21.16 Buy It Now 4h 9m
MACLELLAN CATHERINE - CHURCH BELL BLUES - TND502 US $18.80 Buy It Now 4h 10m
BLACKWOOD BROTHERS old time singing GOSPEL old country church NEW rare TAPE US $5.88 [0 bids]
MERCURY SRI 75113 RESPIGHI FESTE ROMANE / CHURCH WINDOWS MSO ANTAL DORATI NM US $4.97 [0 bids]
CHARLOTTE CHURCH Prelude - The Best Of Charlotte Church UK CD LP 2002 US $6.63 Buy It Now 4h 21m
VIRGINIA SQUIRES I'm working my way LITTLE WHITE CHURCH cabin on hill NEW TAPE US $6.88 [0 bids]
KURT CARR - ONE CHURCH - NEW CD US $5.39 Buy It Now 4h 30m
CHURCH-FORGET YOURSELF (ASIA) CD NEW US $18.10 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Charlotte Church - Charlotte Church (CD 1999) - 24HR POST!! US $7.89 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Jesus First Thomas Road Baptist Church Jerry Falwell Celebrating 25 Years NEW LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
Church Of Rhythm Not Perfect 11 Trk CD Album US $11.61 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Kriek - The Church CD Black Metal US $4.98 [0 bids]
Foxy Shazam The Church of Rock and Roll 12" LP US $20.00 [0 bids]
5h
The Treasury Of English Church Music - Various (NEW 5CD) US $39.84 Buy It Now 5h 4m
BILL MONROE I'LL MEET YOU IN CHURCH ON SUNDAY ORIGINAL ISSUE 1963 VG+ HEAR IT US $24.00 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Charlotte Church Voice of an Angel CD (Dec-1998, Sony Classical) US $2.00 [0 bids]
CULTURE CLUB - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HURT ME / CHURCH OF THE POISON MIND NMint US $3.49 Buy It Now 5h 16m
THE CHURCH SEANCE LP US $16.61 [0 bids]
STEVE KILBEY EARTHED THE CHURCH LP US $19.93 [0 bids]
Charlotte Church Music Cassette Sony Label US $3.65 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Church Anthems - The Cadet Chapel Choir West Point LP 12" (VG) US $11.96 Buy It Now 5h 23m
COSMOPOLITAN CHURCH OF PRAYER-SHADY GREEN PASTURES /WE'VE COME A LONG WAY-BLACK US $8.00 [0 bids]
TREASURES OF CHRIST CHURCH.. - NEW CD US $11.90 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Eric Church CMA Voter Request With Outsiders CD & Patch & Slipcase US $7.49 [3 bids]
Culture Club(7" Vinyl P/S)Church Of The Poison Mind-Virgin-VS 571-UK-VG/VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
SMITH, GREGG - GREGG SMITH: MUSIC FOR AN URBAN CHURCH (034061146322) - NEW CD US $16.24 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Charlotte Church, , Good US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Metal Church Badlands 12" Single Promo Vinyl LP Elektra ED 5377 US 1989 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
ERIC CHURCH - THE OUTSIDERS * (602537577446) - NEW CD US $8.33 Buy It Now 5h 55m
78 rpm 12" HEAR MY PRAYER Choir of the Temple Church US $24.91 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Let My Prayer Arise: Orthodox Church Music - Paul Hillier (3 discs Box) US $26.99 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Lords Of The New Church Killer Lords - US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Lords Of The New Church Stories At Dusk - US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
The Byrd Edition Vol. 1 Early Latin Church Music & Propers for Lady CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
We Speak to Nations by Lakewood Church (CD, May-2002, Epic (USA)) US $17.50 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Charlotte Church (CD, Nov-1999, Sony Classical) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Parrott, Andrew - Tallis:Latin Church Music (NEW 2 x CD) US $15.35 Buy It Now 6h 28m
NEW 2 DISC LOT LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH STEVEN MARQUE HEAVEN STEPPED DOWN j5 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Big Snoop Dogg "Welcome to the Church" SEALED CD Parental Advisory US $4.95 Buy It Now 6h 32m
SEALED THE COUNTRY CHURCH SINGERS WITH HEALING HANDS LP PRIVATE PRESS RELIGIOUS US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 33m
Bantu Church of Christ - Bantu Church of Christ - South African CD *New* CDMAGIC US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 41m
HALF MILE HOME - CHURCH MUZIK & INSPIRATION (820103439428) - NEW CD US $12.81 Buy It Now 6h 41m
CHURCH Metropolis 7" Ps, Australian Issue, B/W Much Too Much, K 1070 US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Live: Having Good Old Fashioned Church by Bishop Ronald E. Brown (CD,... US $11.97 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Metal Church - Human Factor (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $34.86 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Bluebell of Sweden Bell 133 Goran Blomberg organ of Leufsta Bruks Church NM US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Enchantment by Charlotte Church (Cassette, Oct-2001, Columbia (USA)) NEW Sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Bell Ringers Of Kiev-Pechersk Lavra Monastery - Church Chimes Of Kiev-P [CD New] US $16.78 Buy It Now 7h 5m
CHURCH CHOIR At Even Ere The Sun Was Set / Eternal Father 78 ARIEL NO860 US $21.57 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Enchantment by Charlotte Church (CD, Oct-2001, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE CHURCH music online Buy THE CHURCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CHURCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CHURCH After Everything Now This ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(25%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

THE CHURCH After Everything Now This reviews

Review by maani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Founding Moderator
4 stars [Twelfth in a series] "Hologram of Baal" set a new standard for The Church and, for the second time (but not the last), I was sure they couldn't top themselves. And again I was wrong. "After Everything Now This" contains more of the extreme textured atmospheres featured on "Hologram" - which have now become a "signature" sound for them - while adding new dimensions of sound and texture to their songwriting. / "Numbers" has another glorious Kilbey lyric, supported by a comparatively "laid back" arrangement of great guitar figures, solid bass and drums, and increasingly present atmosphere. "After Everything" opens with a simple textured acoustic guitar and bass line, moving into a beautiful, quiet arrangement with a neat bridge figure on guitar and bass. "The Awful Ache" is another beautiful Kilbey ballad, underpinned by a "space-"filled atmosphere of echo-guitars and keyboards, moving into a three-quarter-time break, and returning to the original arrangement. "Song For the Asking" is a uniquely Church composition, with another nice Kilbey song-poem supported by a deceptively simple arrangement of textured guitar, tambourine, piano and synth. "Chromium," another Church original, is a sound-filled arrangement of crazily textured instruments and vocals, and a neat rhyming lyric. "Radiance" - my favorite track, and one the band's best ever - is one of Kilbey's most poignant song-poems, and another fabulous original Church arrangement with a great bass line, nicely textured guitars, subtle keyboard, and the now-"trademark" Church atmosphere. A true gem. "Reprieve" - with another great Kilbey lyric - has one of the band's most amazing arrangements, including a truly "psychedelic" chord progression, plus great textured tremolo guitar, and a crazy guitar solo toward the end. "Night Friends" is another quasi-paranoid Floydian composition, this time centered around piano, "floating" synth, cabasa, simple drums, and a defining guitar figure. "Seen It Coming" is a nice, almost retro-60s light rocker, with a bird-like guitar figure, a nice keyboard figure, and a Byrd-like chorus and break. "Invisible" is an extended, ultra-hypnotic arrangement including a "scratch" guitar, textured keyboards, sound effects, and yet another neat Kilbey song-poem. / Although slightly "lighter" in texture overall than "Hologram", "After Everything Now This" shows that the band is comfortably maintaining, if not adding to, its unique amalgam of prog-rock sensibilities, keeping them among the most creative, interesting and compelling prog-rock bands currently writing and performing.

Send comments to maani (BETA) | Report this review (#25) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 29, 2004

Review by Trotsky
2 stars This 2001 album is the first proper listen I've accorded the Church and I'm afraid it was not a religious experience (do forgive the obvious joke ... but somebody had to do it!). After Everything Now This is not a bad album, but of the 56 plus minutes that this album runs for, I felt I was listening to truly creative rock for less than five minutes (some passages in Song For The Asking, Reprieve and Night Friends come to mind). In general what I heard was more akin to the melodic, semi-psychedelic Britpop bands of the 90s and this decade.

I'll defy anyone to show me moments in Numbers, Chromium, After Everything, Seen It Coming and even the opening portions of Song For The Asking that aren't reminiscent of Suede, Blur, Keane, Snow Patrol and a dozen other bands of that ilk (there are even shades of U2 and Coldplay, fer chrissake!). My other half is a huge fan of most of those bands, and she took to this record more readily than I did, while concurring that The Church fitted more naturally alongside "her" music, rather than occupying the slot between Caravan and Circus in my progressive rock section.

Having said all that, I really quite liked this album. The Church have a melodic gift and despite not being that innovative, are rarely boring. My favourite songs include The Awful Ache (with violin and viola contributions by one Jane Seymour) and Radiance, both of which make the most of layered synths and strings to build a powerful atmosphere, Reprive, a strange melange of influences with the Lou Reed nod being the most prominent, and the spacey Night Friends, which is probably the most creative tune of all here. Lyrically too, the band is far from weak, so I really can't claim that this record was a total waste of time. In fact, if this was a general music site, I would have given After Everything Now This a solid three stars.

Not having heard the rest of The Church's vast catalogue, I'm not prepared to comment on just how I would categorise this band, but I think I can safely say that fans of classic symphonic rock aren't exactly going to be tickled pink by this lot. ... 20% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#45340) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 03, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Sixteenth album from "The Church", this one is not to be categorized into their top ones, I'm afraid.

There is nothing too wrong here, but the melancholic music, passionless and uniform vocals, same sort of music through this almost an hour of music are ingredients which I can't find too exciting.

There is even one track recorded live. I have always wonder why the band who has been active for about twenty years by the release of "After Everything Now This" never recorded a live album. Still, they are touring. But when I see the type of events they organize (dinner + show at around 100 AUD $ for a seat) I wonder what are going through their minds. Some sort of "Night Of The Proms" affair maybe; for rich and famous?

To cut a long story short, I prefer to listen to this album (and some other ones from "The Church",) when I don't need to concentrate on their music (while reading, driving?). It is really too much of the same even if their new wave link is again very much present here ("The Cure" and the inevitable Bunnymen).

There are some nice vocal harmonies ("Chromium") but there are hardly any great song featured on this work nor delectable instrumental sections. A long, dark, languishing and soft implication. To listen to one ("Reprieve" is one of my faves) or two pieces is OK, but to have the whole bunch of tracks in a row is quite an exercise.

IMHHO, the best track from this offering is the longer "Night Friends": the melody is catchier and there is somewhat more feeling in here. The mood remains on the soft side (nice piano and ambient passages). The proggiest song of this whole for sure. Some "Lou Reed" tonality for "Seen It Coming" is not too bad either.

This album is average. Five out of ten. I could have rounded up to three stars, would the closing track be some more attractive which is not the case, unfortunately.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#245104) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009

3 stars Most THE CHURCH fans rate this one highly. It took 2 years to make and was recorded on 3 different continents.There is a real flow to this one as we get that same laid back, relaxing and dreamy sound throughout. And that's part of the problem for me as there is very little in the way of dynamics or contrasts. It does make for a long listen if your not digging the music.There is some guest violin / viola on here which suits that melancholic mood well.The biggest positive for me is the album cover which reminds me of where I live. It's tough to go track by track because i'll be repeating myself constantly.

Highlights include the start of "After Everything" which sounds amazing, very dreamy, but then the vocals come in and change that mood. Still this is a top three track for me. Some great lyrics on this one too. "Chronium" is my favourite because it is fuller and more urgent sounding.They come to life on this one. "Radiance" is a beautiful track. "Reprieve" has some rare energy around 2 minutes but it's brief. I like the guitar before 5 minutes. A top three. The longest track "Invisible" has these mono-toned vocals and an electronic vibe. Not a fan.

I'll stick with "Starfish" and "Priest = Aura" for my THE CHURCH fix.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#458464) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 09, 2011

5 stars At the top of their game and under alot of pressure from me to come up with something as compelling as "Hologram of Baal", this release finds The Church not only equalling, but surpassing what they did on "Baal". The textures and moods set in this set are so compelling as to transport the liste ... (read more)

Report this review (#130721) | Posted by beebs | Sunday, July 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars "Hologram of Baal" meant a change in direction for the music of this band. For anyone who has listened to the three previous albums and also this last one, the change is obvious, the production seems to be darker and the maturity has increased notably. "After everything now this" is more of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#52574) | Posted by shyman | Friday, October 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CHURCH "After Everything Now This "