AFTER EVERYTHING NOW THIS

The Church After Everything Now This  album cover

Buy THE CHURCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Numbers (4:29)
2. After Everything (6:01)
3. The Awful Ache (5:17)
4. Song For The Asking (5:08)
5. Chromium (3:44)

- Peter Koppes / guitar, keyboards, bass
- Marty Willson-Piper / guitar
- Tim Powles / drums, percussion

CD Thirsty Ear

THE CHURCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CHURCH After Everything Now This Music

YARDLEY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH Gracenotes Pennsylvania US $40.00 Buy It Now 31m 22s
The Church Brothers - Early Days of Bluegrass - Near Mint US $8.08 [3 bids]
35m 40s
Songs that Changed the Church Worship - [2008] Christian Audio Music CD @ US $9.44 Buy It Now 45m 47s
(EB810) Cobra Starship, The Church Of Hot Addiction - 2007 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 47m 54s
Caught in the Act: Live by Eric Church (CD, Apr-2013, EMI) US $7.77 Buy It Now 52m 27s
All Saints Church Youth Choirs: Sing! Children Of God- RARE Vinyl LP Record US $50.00 Buy It Now 56m 24s
First Lutheran Church Messiah Cedar Rapids, Iowa: By Handel Century SEALED LP US $50.00 Buy It Now 56m 24s
Christian Tabernacle Church: Swing Hallelujah Elektra EKS-7270 Gospel LP Record US $150.00 Buy It Now 56m 31s
Choir of the Abbey of Mount Angel: Chants of the Church RCA LSC-2786 LP SEALED US $40.00 Buy It Now 56m 32s
Philip Gehring: Hymns Of The Church Year - Delta DRS82-226 SEALED Xian LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 56m 33s
Rev. Clay Evans: Immorality in the Church - Homosexuality Rare Strange LP Vinyl US $95.00 Buy It Now 56m 36s
Zion Tabernacle Apostolic Church Cathedral Mass Choir: It's in the Bible! LP US $50.00 Buy It Now 56m 40s
(BR888) When Saints Go Machine, Church And Law - DJ CD US $3.80 Buy It Now 1h
LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH Open Your Eyes 7" Ps, B/W Girls Girls Girls, Ils 0030 ( US $10.12 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Rock Promo 45 CULTURE CLUB Church Of The Poison Mind on Epic (Promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
VASANT RAI - LIVE AT WASHINGTON SQUARE CHURCH 1981 NEW CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 1h 20m
ROCK ON - ENDLESS SUMMER NIGHTS 1988 the church ziggy marley eric carmen US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH - SELF TITLED - MINT CD - 1999 SONY US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Marty Wilson Piper spirit level CD the Church US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
ERIC CHURCH - CAROLINA [ERIC CHURCH] - NEW CD US $7.51 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Annihilator CD 2000 Refresh The Demon exodus metal church savatage overkill US $4.89 [0 bids]
Christ Church Cathedral Choir Christmas Nimbus Cassette Tape - TESTED US $9.30 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Obsessed - The Church Within - CD - Out Of Print 1994 Columbia US $9.99 [0 bids]
Chamaeleon Church ex original LP same self title US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
ROXETTE Church Of Your Heart 7" Shiny Photo Ps US $18.58 Buy It Now 1h 45m
CHARLOTTE CHURCH DREAM A DREAM (CD) MUSIC 2000 US $3.48 Buy It Now 1h 45m
THE WEDDING Williams Baptist Church (Detroit) LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Metal Church Masters Of Metal CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH psycho sex 12" Record Belgium US $22.50 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Christian Death - Church Of No Return - Normal - 71 JUNG 40T Germany 45 RPM US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Christ Church Cathedral Choir Make We Joy: Christmas Music by Holst an CD US $4.01 Buy It Now 1h 57m
SEALED 15th Annual Church Music Seminar LP US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Albertina Walker : Hymns Of The Church:live In Memphis CD (1995) US $4.18 Buy It Now 2h 7m
ERIC CHURCH CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE CD PROMO CMA SLIPCOVER NEW SEALED RARE US $9.99 [0 bids]
second baptist church mass choir rest in me live from santa ana CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
45 RECORD CULTURE CLUB: CHURCH OF THE POISON MIND B/W MYSTERY BOY P/S US $2.98 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Church of the Apostles Church of the Apostles. Ordo CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Christ Fellowship Church In Your Love CD US $6.11 Buy It Now 2h 30m
JARVIS CHURCH - LONG WAY HOME * [JARVIS CHURCH] - NEW CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 2h 33m
METAL CHURCH Metal Church CD JPN 2013 Remaster OOP Omen Agent Steel Sanctuary US $32.00 [3 bids]
1970 john cale/terry riley-church of anthrax lp-c-30131-vinyl-n.mint-cover vg+ US $13.49 Buy It Now 2h 41m
THE CHURCH - GREATEST HITS ACOUSTIC [NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALASIA, LIBERATION] *NEW* US $11.90 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Eric Church Guys Like Me Promo Dvd Music Video Rare US $4.99 [1 bids]
Eric Church Homeboy Promo CD single Rare US $4.99 [0 bids]
Eric Church Drink In My Hand Promo CD Single Rare US $4.99 [0 bids]
Caught in the Act: Live by Eric Church CMA Promo Slip Cover Mailer Rare CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Metal Church : This Present Wasteland CD (2010) US $8.97 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Jimmie's Question United Church Of Christ~ULTRA-RARE RED VINYL Xian~FAST SHIP!!! US $37.95 Buy It Now 2h 50m
NEW I WAS GLAD CD Grace Episcopal church~Illinois Christian Music Inspirational US $7.99 [0 bids]
45 rpm Juke Box RE-Diamonds-Little Darlin/ Church Bells May Ring US $2.50 [0 bids]
3h
LISTEN!-Radio Chorus N. BroadwAy Church-I'M A PILGRIM/...ON A HILL-7"Gospel VG++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
33 RPM record Inspirational religious gospel hymns songs Morton Il Ill Church US $7.00 [0 bids]
The Council Of Nicaea~RARE 1964 Xian Educational~United Church Curriculum US $23.95 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Charlotte Church : Charlotte Church CD (1999) US $3.47 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Religious CD Kids Sing Praise Split Track Worship Bible Church Sunday VBS US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Religious CD Veggie Tales Sing Alongs Worship Bible Church Sunday VBS Songs US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Diplomats Presents Jim Jones : On My Way to Church [Us Import] CD (2004) US $12.83 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Claudia Church by Claudia Church (CD, Mar-1999, Warner Bros.) US $4.00 [0 bids]
RARE! Jim & Jesse - The Old Country Church - Epic BN 26107 - 1964 Vinyl LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Hymnstyles Vocal Hymnstyles Vocal: Country Church Contemp CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Droo Church In a Pasture Built for Lovers CD US $3.96 Buy It Now 3h 27m
His Robes For Mine Gospel Centered Hymns For Christ's Church CD! Sealed! US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Charlotte Church - Charlotte Church (Self Titled) CD 17 trks US $5.99 [0 bids]
THERE IS A GOD FIRST WESLEYAN CHURCH CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
The Church 3 CD Lot (Heyday/Starfish/Gold Afternoon Fix) US $3.99 [1 bids]
Caught in the Act: Live by Eric Church (CD, Apr-2013, EMI) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Metal Church Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE Bonuses US $8.46 Buy It Now 3h 48m
WILLOWS RARE DOO WOP 45 1ST PRESS ~ 1ST TITLE CHURCH BELL ARE RINGING MELBA HERE US $10.51 [2 bids]
DEVILDRIVER - Church:T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $27.97 Buy It Now 3h 58m
George Jones Country Church Time EP Mercury EP 1-4036 (D-1027) US $9.95 [0 bids]
CHURCH BELLS RINGERS OF KIEV PECHERSK MONASTERY - CHURCH BELLS KIEV NEW CD US $24.60 Buy It Now 4h 10m
METAL CHURCH - BLESSING IN DISGUISE lp * HOT METAL** US $4.98 [1 bids]
Puffball Solid State Eight Track 10" the peepshows millencolin j church NEW! US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Times Square Church : Vol. 1-Newsongs CD (2002) US $6.89 Buy It Now 4h 19m
NEW - Charlotte Church by Church, Charlotte US $3.48 Buy It Now 4h 20m
JOE CHURCH "I CAN'T WAIT TOO LONG" 12" TEST PRESSING RECORD (DEEP HOUSE MUSIC) US $2.39 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Various Artists I Love to Tell the Story: The Church Goe CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Church It Up: 30 Church Choir Classics by Urban Nation (CD, Dec-2005, Madacy... US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHURCH - SEANCE (DIGIPAK) (MINI LP SLEEVE) NEW CD US $22.31 Buy It Now 4h 31m
The Lords Of The New Church Killer Lords rare LP great condition Stiv Bator US $14.99 [0 bids]
Church, Andy Sleeping in the Van CD US $4.01 Buy It Now 4h 34m
PRECIOUS MEMORIES various gospel CHURCH IN WILDWOOD hem of His garment NEW CD US $8.89 Buy It Now 4h 38m
BRYARS / MR MCFALL'S CHAMBER - CHURCH CLOSEST TO THE SEA NEW CD US $27.66 Buy It Now 4h 40m
COOKIN WITH FATS LIVE AT THE OLD CHURCH CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Church of Sky by Shantala (CD, Sep-2012, Ancient Future) US $8.75 Buy It Now 4h 45m
EASTER MUSIC - ST. LORENZ LUTHERAN CHURCH CHOIRS - FRANKENMUTH, MICHIGAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
Church,Charlotte Dream a Dream (Target Version) CD US $99.00 Buy It Now 4h 47m
NO 14.CD SINGLE..FESTIVALS GREAT LEAP FORWARD 1998.FAITHLESS.THE CHURCH.ETC ETC US $11.14 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Seance by The Church (CD, Nov-2010, Second Motion Records) US $11.13 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Rockwell Church Aware Compilation 3 CD US $4.01 Buy It Now 5h
78 rpm Record 1099 White Church Leroy Abernathy Sacred Gospel Singing US $3.99 [0 bids]
78 rpm Record 1084 White Church Leroy Abernathy Quartet Gospel Singing US $3.99 [0 bids]
JIMMY SWAGGART SINGS THE GREAT HYMNS OF THE CHURCH - 1980 Jim Records US $4.99 [0 bids]
I'll Meet You in Church Sunday Morning by Stanley Brothers (The) (CD, King) US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 12m
THE CHURCH Deep In The Shallows / The Classic Singles Collection [2 disc] CD NEW US $18.60 Buy It Now 5h 13m
METAL CHURCH Generation Nothing +1 JAPAN CD Produced by K.Vanderhoof 10th album US $24.50 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Eternal Elysium Sardonis Split EP Red Vinyl Ltd. 400 Church of Misery Nebula US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Vintage Music To God Be The Glory, Church of God of SC, Vinyl Record LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 36m
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH, ROSELLE, ILLINOIS - TO GOD BE THE GLORY - Private label US $9.99 [0 bids]
METAL CHURCH LP PROMO STAMPED S 016177 1985 PRESSING VINYL RECORD US $19.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE CHURCH music online Buy THE CHURCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CHURCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CHURCH After Everything Now This ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(25%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

THE CHURCH After Everything Now This reviews

Review by maani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Founding Moderator
4 stars [Twelfth in a series] "Hologram of Baal" set a new standard for The Church and, for the second time (but not the last), I was sure they couldn't top themselves. And again I was wrong. "After Everything Now This" contains more of the extreme textured atmospheres featured on "Hologram" - which have now become a "signature" sound for them - while adding new dimensions of sound and texture to their songwriting. / "Numbers" has another glorious Kilbey lyric, supported by a comparatively "laid back" arrangement of great guitar figures, solid bass and drums, and increasingly present atmosphere. "After Everything" opens with a simple textured acoustic guitar and bass line, moving into a beautiful, quiet arrangement with a neat bridge figure on guitar and bass. "The Awful Ache" is another beautiful Kilbey ballad, underpinned by a "space-"filled atmosphere of echo-guitars and keyboards, moving into a three-quarter-time break, and returning to the original arrangement. "Song For the Asking" is a uniquely Church composition, with another nice Kilbey song-poem supported by a deceptively simple arrangement of textured guitar, tambourine, piano and synth. "Chromium," another Church original, is a sound-filled arrangement of crazily textured instruments and vocals, and a neat rhyming lyric. "Radiance" - my favorite track, and one the band's best ever - is one of Kilbey's most poignant song-poems, and another fabulous original Church arrangement with a great bass line, nicely textured guitars, subtle keyboard, and the now-"trademark" Church atmosphere. A true gem. "Reprieve" - with another great Kilbey lyric - has one of the band's most amazing arrangements, including a truly "psychedelic" chord progression, plus great textured tremolo guitar, and a crazy guitar solo toward the end. "Night Friends" is another quasi-paranoid Floydian composition, this time centered around piano, "floating" synth, cabasa, simple drums, and a defining guitar figure. "Seen It Coming" is a nice, almost retro-60s light rocker, with a bird-like guitar figure, a nice keyboard figure, and a Byrd-like chorus and break. "Invisible" is an extended, ultra-hypnotic arrangement including a "scratch" guitar, textured keyboards, sound effects, and yet another neat Kilbey song-poem. / Although slightly "lighter" in texture overall than "Hologram", "After Everything Now This" shows that the band is comfortably maintaining, if not adding to, its unique amalgam of prog-rock sensibilities, keeping them among the most creative, interesting and compelling prog-rock bands currently writing and performing.

Send comments to maani (BETA) | Report this review (#25) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 29, 2004

Review by Trotsky
2 stars This 2001 album is the first proper listen I've accorded the Church and I'm afraid it was not a religious experience (do forgive the obvious joke ... but somebody had to do it!). After Everything Now This is not a bad album, but of the 56 plus minutes that this album runs for, I felt I was listening to truly creative rock for less than five minutes (some passages in Song For The Asking, Reprieve and Night Friends come to mind). In general what I heard was more akin to the melodic, semi-psychedelic Britpop bands of the 90s and this decade.

I'll defy anyone to show me moments in Numbers, Chromium, After Everything, Seen It Coming and even the opening portions of Song For The Asking that aren't reminiscent of Suede, Blur, Keane, Snow Patrol and a dozen other bands of that ilk (there are even shades of U2 and Coldplay, fer chrissake!). My other half is a huge fan of most of those bands, and she took to this record more readily than I did, while concurring that The Church fitted more naturally alongside "her" music, rather than occupying the slot between Caravan and Circus in my progressive rock section.

Having said all that, I really quite liked this album. The Church have a melodic gift and despite not being that innovative, are rarely boring. My favourite songs include The Awful Ache (with violin and viola contributions by one Jane Seymour) and Radiance, both of which make the most of layered synths and strings to build a powerful atmosphere, Reprive, a strange melange of influences with the Lou Reed nod being the most prominent, and the spacey Night Friends, which is probably the most creative tune of all here. Lyrically too, the band is far from weak, so I really can't claim that this record was a total waste of time. In fact, if this was a general music site, I would have given After Everything Now This a solid three stars.

Not having heard the rest of The Church's vast catalogue, I'm not prepared to comment on just how I would categorise this band, but I think I can safely say that fans of classic symphonic rock aren't exactly going to be tickled pink by this lot. ... 20% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#45340) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 03, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Sixteenth album from "The Church", this one is not to be categorized into their top ones, I'm afraid.

There is nothing too wrong here, but the melancholic music, passionless and uniform vocals, same sort of music through this almost an hour of music are ingredients which I can't find too exciting.

There is even one track recorded live. I have always wonder why the band who has been active for about twenty years by the release of "After Everything Now This" never recorded a live album. Still, they are touring. But when I see the type of events they organize (dinner + show at around 100 AUD $ for a seat) I wonder what are going through their minds. Some sort of "Night Of The Proms" affair maybe; for rich and famous?

To cut a long story short, I prefer to listen to this album (and some other ones from "The Church",) when I don't need to concentrate on their music (while reading, driving?). It is really too much of the same even if their new wave link is again very much present here ("The Cure" and the inevitable Bunnymen).

There are some nice vocal harmonies ("Chromium") but there are hardly any great song featured on this work nor delectable instrumental sections. A long, dark, languishing and soft implication. To listen to one ("Reprieve" is one of my faves) or two pieces is OK, but to have the whole bunch of tracks in a row is quite an exercise.

IMHHO, the best track from this offering is the longer "Night Friends": the melody is catchier and there is somewhat more feeling in here. The mood remains on the soft side (nice piano and ambient passages). The proggiest song of this whole for sure. Some "Lou Reed" tonality for "Seen It Coming" is not too bad either.

This album is average. Five out of ten. I could have rounded up to three stars, would the closing track be some more attractive which is not the case, unfortunately.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#245104) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009

3 stars Most THE CHURCH fans rate this one highly. It took 2 years to make and was recorded on 3 different continents.There is a real flow to this one as we get that same laid back, relaxing and dreamy sound throughout. And that's part of the problem for me as there is very little in the way of dynamics or contrasts. It does make for a long listen if your not digging the music.There is some guest violin / viola on here which suits that melancholic mood well.The biggest positive for me is the album cover which reminds me of where I live. It's tough to go track by track because i'll be repeating myself constantly.

Highlights include the start of "After Everything" which sounds amazing, very dreamy, but then the vocals come in and change that mood. Still this is a top three track for me. Some great lyrics on this one too. "Chronium" is my favourite because it is fuller and more urgent sounding.They come to life on this one. "Radiance" is a beautiful track. "Reprieve" has some rare energy around 2 minutes but it's brief. I like the guitar before 5 minutes. A top three. The longest track "Invisible" has these mono-toned vocals and an electronic vibe. Not a fan.

I'll stick with "Starfish" and "Priest = Aura" for my THE CHURCH fix.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#458464) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 09, 2011

5 stars At the top of their game and under alot of pressure from me to come up with something as compelling as "Hologram of Baal", this release finds The Church not only equalling, but surpassing what they did on "Baal". The textures and moods set in this set are so compelling as to transport the liste ... (read more)

Report this review (#130721) | Posted by beebs | Sunday, July 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars "Hologram of Baal" meant a change in direction for the music of this band. For anyone who has listened to the three previous albums and also this last one, the change is obvious, the production seems to be darker and the maturity has increased notably. "After everything now this" is more of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#52574) | Posted by shyman | Friday, October 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CHURCH "After Everything Now This "