AFTER EVERYTHING NOW THIS

The Church After Everything Now This  album cover

Buy THE CHURCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Numbers (4:29)
2. After Everything (6:01)
3. The Awful Ache (5:17)
4. Song For The Asking (5:08)
5. Chromium (3:44)

- Peter Koppes / guitar, keyboards, bass
- Marty Willson-Piper / guitar
- Tim Powles / drums, percussion

CD Thirsty Ear

THE CHURCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CHURCH After Everything Now This Music

Under the Milky WayUnder the Milky Way
Sbme Special Mkts. 1999
Clingan Ridge Baptist Church Youth Choir Gospel LP Album Cleveland TN US $1.49 Buy It Now 29m 35s
Greatest Praise Songs Of The Church Instrumental by US $5.98 Buy It Now 31m 4s
CD SOUTHERN GOSPEL WE WILL BELIEVE CRESTWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH CHOIR US $0.99 [0 bids]
31m 28s
Church Mouth - Portugal The Man New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $25.71 Buy It Now 33m 25s
THE CHURCH Untitled #23 CD NEW SEALED AUSTRALIA US $16.99 Buy It Now 34m 28s
Under the Milky Way: The Best of the Church by The Church (CD, Sep-1999, Buddha US $1.99 [0 bids]
37m 32s
Under the Milky Way, Church, New US $7.34 Buy It Now 37m 44s
CHURCH - HOLOGRAM OF BAAL NEW CD US $21.03 Buy It Now 38m 6s
Life Is A Church, PHELPS, DAVID, New US $15.39 Buy It Now 38m 34s
UNGER / BUXTEHUDE / TUNDER / DANDRIEU - ORGAN OF ST. MARY'S CHURCH US $26.52 Buy It Now 39m
Hope For Life Geoff Blankenship Branch Hill Church of Christ Cassettes Box Set US $0.99 Buy It Now 46m 44s
TONY BORDERS: WHAT KIND OF SPELL & I MET HER IN CHURCH 1969 REVUE 11040 MINT- 45 US $11.00 Buy It Now 47m 29s
Televist For Christ vinyl LP Inter-Church [Chicago] Records EX US $12.00 Buy It Now 52m 16s
Tequila Sunrise OST Duran Duran Crowded House The Church + Cassette Tape TESTED US $5.71 Buy It Now 52m 25s
NEW REVELATION BAPTIST CHURCH CHOIR: A Mighty Good Thin US $18.00 Buy It Now 56m 17s
Organ Music from St. Mary's Church, Berlin / Christoph Albrecht US $10.59 Buy It Now 57m 47s
Azaghal "Teraphim" CD Ildjarn Horna Behexen Satanic Warmaster Cosmic Church MGLA US $5.99 [0 bids]
Astarium "Wyrm Of Melancholy" CD Ride For Revenge Dodsengel Cosmic Church Horna US $2.99 [0 bids]
TUDOR CHURCH MUSIC US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Community Baptist Church Choir: Give God A Try LP private black gospel Las Vegas US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
UNDER THE MILKY WAY - THE BEST OF THE CHURCH US $10.95 [0 bids]
TONY RICE - CHURCH STREET BLUES NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 1h 18m
INSTITUTIONAL CHURCH OF GOD & CHRIST 45 One More Day / Talk It Over With Jesus US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
HELLA - CHURCH GONE WILD / CHIRPIN HARD (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.76 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Sometime Anywhere The Church MUSIC CD US $8.78 Buy It Now 1h 22m
"You Alone" by Exousia Faith Heights Church 2003 still in the wrapper US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
RESPIGHI / LOPEZ-COBOS / CSO -COBOS / CSO - CHURCH WINDOWS / BRAZILIAN NEW CD US $14.79 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Perplexer - Church of House - CDs - Mint/New - 4 Tracks Fast Postage - Very Rare US $6.51 Buy It Now 1h 40m
The Church An Intimate Space American Tour 2010 Program US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Nicolai Gedda - Leonard Mroz - Orthodox Church Music US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
JIM HENDRICKS - LITTLE CHURCH ON THE PRAIRIE: HYMNS FROM OPEN RANG NEW CD US $15.17 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Church Twice On sunday - Whatever Lola wants Dinah Shore RCA VICTOR 47-6077 US $2.97 [0 bids]
HAVOC "The grip" ORG cd Steamhammer 86,Attacker,Metal Church,Purgatory US $179.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Dream a Dream by Charlotte Church (CD, Oct-2000, Sony Classical) US $5.15 [0 bids]
Box Tops People Gonna Talk/I Met Her In Church 45 RPM US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h
Eric Church "The Outsiders" NEW Sealed Vinyl 2xLP Limited Edition *RSD 2014* US $18.99 [0 bids]
2h
THE CHURCH El Momento Siguiente CD LIKE NEW STEVE KILBEY MARTY WILLSON-PIPER US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
METAL CHURCH interview LP limited edition pic disc in backing card (mm1255) uk t US $15.38 Buy It Now 2h 4m
The Church of God [Cleveland,Tn] "Forward In Faith" Radio Choir Southern Gospel US $1.00 [1 bids]
THE CHURCH - Gold Afternoon Fix - 1990 - CD - ARCD-8579 US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Church of skins and heart Vinyl LP original 1981 Arista 8563 great shape US $29.99 [0 bids]
CHARLOTTE CHURCH - PRELUDE: THE BEST OF - 18 SONGS -CD-MINT US $3.00 [0 bids]
MILTON SINGERS there sis a church LP 13 track (ecr007) uk echo 1975 US $8.14 Buy It Now 2h 23m
The Church of God [Cleveland,Tn] "The Best of Forward In Faith" Southern Gospel US $1.00 [0 bids]
Eugene Church "Mind Your Own Business" "You Got The Right Idea" King Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Back to Scratch by Charlotte Church (Vocals) (CD, Oct-2010, Dooby) US $5.99 [0 bids]
ERIC CHURCH Roller Coaster Ride Rare 1 Track UK CD! US $4.08 [0 bids]
Charlotte Church CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
áMETAL CHURCH - "BLESSING IN DISGUISE" - GREEK LP US $27.99 [0 bids]
Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise - Promo LP US $10.00 [1 bids]
"Connie Church Crystal Clear" (1987 Cassette) US $0.25 [0 bids]
Church Choirs Gospel Singers & Pre:v2 - CHURCH CHOIRS GOSPEL SINGER New & Sealed US $19.60 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise US $22.84 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Charlotte Church Dream A Dream 20 Trk CD Album US $6.51 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Charlotte Church Self Titled 17 Track CD Album US $6.51 Buy It Now 2h 58m
FIRST CENTRAL CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OMAHA Adoramus Vol 3 60's PRIVATE PRESS LP US $18.74 Buy It Now 3h
MASTERS OF METAL Strikeforce Volume 2 CD KISS Alice Cooper METAL CHURCH Shy OOP US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Church - Starfish LP with rare limited edition 12" EP US $3.59 [3 bids]
THE ALLELUIA RINGERS - ADULT CHOIR - TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH MERRILL WIS - EX US $5.49 [0 bids]
The Church - Magician Among the Spirits - Australia Import NEW CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Choir Festival Trinity Methodist Church 33 12" Red Vinyl N/M El Paso Tex. 1962 US $7.95 [0 bids]
VINYL LP - RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH MUSIC Vol 7 - VESPERS OF GOOD FRIDAY - IKO 9 US $14.66 Buy It Now 3h 14m
NEW - Voice of an Angel by Charlotte Church US $3.97 Buy It Now 3h 15m
"Hymns" The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 2 CD Pack US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Voice of an Angel by Charlotte Church (CD, Word (Label)) US $5.90 [0 bids]
GORGOROTH church 2013 - GIANT BACK PATCH 36 x 29 cms US $9.71 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Hella - Church Gone Wild/Chirpin Hard [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 3h 20m
4891030505124 MOZART CHURCH SONATAS NAXOS FREEPOST CD US $5.69 Buy It Now 3h 22m
BOB WELCH CHURCH UK 1979 CAPITOL 7 INCH US $3.25 [0 bids]
Chancel Choir-First Unitarian Church Of Oakland - Bring Many Names [CD New] US $19.28 Buy It Now 3h 23m
LIVE RADIO Concert ERIC CHURCH Justin Moore 2 CD Promo Eric Paslay 2014 US $14.99 [0 bids]
Rare LIVE RADIO Concert ERIC CHURCH Craig Morgan 2 CD Promo US $14.99 [0 bids]
SINGING FRAUENKNECHT FAMILY Record Album Gospel " Country Church " New Sealed US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
PATTI SMITH ST MARKS CHURCH 1975 NYC 2 RECORD SET ORIGINAL PRESS NMINT VERY RARE US $99.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Sam Black Church Self Titled CD SIGNED by Whole Band harcore boston autographedS US $5.00 [1 bids]
NEW a Worship House NEW FRONTIERS LIVE at Church of Christ UK Christian Music CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Charlotte Church by London Symphony Orchestra, London Promenade Orchestra,... US $1.25 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Antony and Current 93 "Live at St. Olave's Church" Rare OOP - PanDurtro007 US $125.00 Buy It Now 3h 43m
J CHURCH Analysis, Yes Very Nice CD 1995 US $2.39 Buy It Now 3h 46m
John Cale & Terry Riley - Church of Anthrax remastered CD Deluxe Vinyl Replica US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Mac Wiseman - When I Get The Money Made / The Little Old Church In The Valley US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 52m
CHURCH, ERIC-CAUGHT IN THE ACT LI CD NEW US $13.00 Buy It Now 3h 57m
1992 CD LYLE LOVETT JOSHUA JUDGES RUTH # MCAD-10475 COUNTRY JAZZ incl CHURCH US $3.99 [0 bids]
LP BUDDY MILES EXPRESS Electric Church JIMI HENDRIX VG+ US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
In Joyful Song Sanctuary Choir First Baptist Church Jackson MS SEALED NEW LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
ERIK CHARELL'S White Church Inn - Selection 78 ARIEL Z4727 US $21.19 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Christian City Church,CD,The Turning US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church Senior Choir - This Is Ou US $12.62 Buy It Now 4h 11m
MUSIC FROM EMMERDALE FARM CHURCH various artists LP 12 track sleeve has sticker US $11.92 Buy It Now 4h 12m
FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH CHOIR lp Livonia gospel Xian US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Church Basement Songs - The Rev. Mariner performs songs US $26.48 Buy It Now 4h 12m
THE LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH LIVE FOR TODAY 12" SINGLE LP VINYL US $6.39 Buy It Now 4h 12m
ERNEST FRANKLIN live at mt eagle baptist church LP VG Vinyl 1976 US $24.00 [0 bids]
Byzantine Church Music Liturgy Of St. Basil M. Makris US $25.50 Buy It Now 4h 30m
BRITISH CHURCH COMPOSER SERIES NO 7 - NOEL RAWSTHORNE - NEW CD US $21.45 Buy It Now 4h 33m
TIAMAT the church live dvd all areas NTSC US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Life Action Singers Church Triumphant, Call Me Old Fashioned, Self-Titled "3" LP US $7.50 [0 bids]
Warner Mack and His Sister Dean - Songs We Sang in Church and Home (stereo) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Steve Kilbey (of The Church) CD The Slow Crack 1989 Rough Trade FANS MUST-HAVE US $5.99 [0 bids]
Russian Church Music US $4.98 Buy It Now 4h 59m

More places to buy THE CHURCH music online Buy THE CHURCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CHURCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CHURCH After Everything Now This ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(27%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(36%)

THE CHURCH After Everything Now This reviews

Review by maani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Founding Moderator
4 stars [Twelfth in a series] "Hologram of Baal" set a new standard for The Church and, for the second time (but not the last), I was sure they couldn't top themselves. And again I was wrong. "After Everything Now This" contains more of the extreme textured atmospheres featured on "Hologram" - which have now become a "signature" sound for them - while adding new dimensions of sound and texture to their songwriting. / "Numbers" has another glorious Kilbey lyric, supported by a comparatively "laid back" arrangement of great guitar figures, solid bass and drums, and increasingly present atmosphere. "After Everything" opens with a simple textured acoustic guitar and bass line, moving into a beautiful, quiet arrangement with a neat bridge figure on guitar and bass. "The Awful Ache" is another beautiful Kilbey ballad, underpinned by a "space-"filled atmosphere of echo-guitars and keyboards, moving into a three-quarter-time break, and returning to the original arrangement. "Song For the Asking" is a uniquely Church composition, with another nice Kilbey song-poem supported by a deceptively simple arrangement of textured guitar, tambourine, piano and synth. "Chromium," another Church original, is a sound-filled arrangement of crazily textured instruments and vocals, and a neat rhyming lyric. "Radiance" - my favorite track, and one the band's best ever - is one of Kilbey's most poignant song-poems, and another fabulous original Church arrangement with a great bass line, nicely textured guitars, subtle keyboard, and the now-"trademark" Church atmosphere. A true gem. "Reprieve" - with another great Kilbey lyric - has one of the band's most amazing arrangements, including a truly "psychedelic" chord progression, plus great textured tremolo guitar, and a crazy guitar solo toward the end. "Night Friends" is another quasi-paranoid Floydian composition, this time centered around piano, "floating" synth, cabasa, simple drums, and a defining guitar figure. "Seen It Coming" is a nice, almost retro-60s light rocker, with a bird-like guitar figure, a nice keyboard figure, and a Byrd-like chorus and break. "Invisible" is an extended, ultra-hypnotic arrangement including a "scratch" guitar, textured keyboards, sound effects, and yet another neat Kilbey song-poem. / Although slightly "lighter" in texture overall than "Hologram", "After Everything Now This" shows that the band is comfortably maintaining, if not adding to, its unique amalgam of prog-rock sensibilities, keeping them among the most creative, interesting and compelling prog-rock bands currently writing and performing.

Send comments to maani (BETA) | Report this review (#25) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 29, 2004

Review by Trotsky
2 stars This 2001 album is the first proper listen I've accorded the Church and I'm afraid it was not a religious experience (do forgive the obvious joke ... but somebody had to do it!). After Everything Now This is not a bad album, but of the 56 plus minutes that this album runs for, I felt I was listening to truly creative rock for less than five minutes (some passages in Song For The Asking, Reprieve and Night Friends come to mind). In general what I heard was more akin to the melodic, semi-psychedelic Britpop bands of the 90s and this decade.

I'll defy anyone to show me moments in Numbers, Chromium, After Everything, Seen It Coming and even the opening portions of Song For The Asking that aren't reminiscent of Suede, Blur, Keane, Snow Patrol and a dozen other bands of that ilk (there are even shades of U2 and Coldplay, fer chrissake!). My other half is a huge fan of most of those bands, and she took to this record more readily than I did, while concurring that The Church fitted more naturally alongside "her" music, rather than occupying the slot between Caravan and Circus in my progressive rock section.

Having said all that, I really quite liked this album. The Church have a melodic gift and despite not being that innovative, are rarely boring. My favourite songs include The Awful Ache (with violin and viola contributions by one Jane Seymour) and Radiance, both of which make the most of layered synths and strings to build a powerful atmosphere, Reprive, a strange melange of influences with the Lou Reed nod being the most prominent, and the spacey Night Friends, which is probably the most creative tune of all here. Lyrically too, the band is far from weak, so I really can't claim that this record was a total waste of time. In fact, if this was a general music site, I would have given After Everything Now This a solid three stars.

Not having heard the rest of The Church's vast catalogue, I'm not prepared to comment on just how I would categorise this band, but I think I can safely say that fans of classic symphonic rock aren't exactly going to be tickled pink by this lot. ... 20% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#45340) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 03, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Sixteenth album from "The Church", this one is not to be categorized into their top ones, I'm afraid.

There is nothing too wrong here, but the melancholic music, passionless and uniform vocals, same sort of music through this almost an hour of music are ingredients which I can't find too exciting.

There is even one track recorded live. I have always wonder why the band who has been active for about twenty years by the release of "After Everything Now This" never recorded a live album. Still, they are touring. But when I see the type of events they organize (dinner + show at around 100 AUD $ for a seat) I wonder what are going through their minds. Some sort of "Night Of The Proms" affair maybe; for rich and famous?

To cut a long story short, I prefer to listen to this album (and some other ones from "The Church",) when I don't need to concentrate on their music (while reading, driving?). It is really too much of the same even if their new wave link is again very much present here ("The Cure" and the inevitable Bunnymen).

There are some nice vocal harmonies ("Chromium") but there are hardly any great song featured on this work nor delectable instrumental sections. A long, dark, languishing and soft implication. To listen to one ("Reprieve" is one of my faves) or two pieces is OK, but to have the whole bunch of tracks in a row is quite an exercise.

IMHHO, the best track from this offering is the longer "Night Friends": the melody is catchier and there is somewhat more feeling in here. The mood remains on the soft side (nice piano and ambient passages). The proggiest song of this whole for sure. Some "Lou Reed" tonality for "Seen It Coming" is not too bad either.

This album is average. Five out of ten. I could have rounded up to three stars, would the closing track be some more attractive which is not the case, unfortunately.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#245104) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009

3 stars Most THE CHURCH fans rate this one highly. It took 2 years to make and was recorded on 3 different continents.There is a real flow to this one as we get that same laid back, relaxing and dreamy sound throughout. And that's part of the problem for me as there is very little in the way of dynamics or contrasts. It does make for a long listen if your not digging the music.There is some guest violin / viola on here which suits that melancholic mood well.The biggest positive for me is the album cover which reminds me of where I live. It's tough to go track by track because i'll be repeating myself constantly.

Highlights include the start of "After Everything" which sounds amazing, very dreamy, but then the vocals come in and change that mood. Still this is a top three track for me. Some great lyrics on this one too. "Chronium" is my favourite because it is fuller and more urgent sounding.They come to life on this one. "Radiance" is a beautiful track. "Reprieve" has some rare energy around 2 minutes but it's brief. I like the guitar before 5 minutes. A top three. The longest track "Invisible" has these mono-toned vocals and an electronic vibe. Not a fan.

I'll stick with "Starfish" and "Priest = Aura" for my THE CHURCH fix.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#458464) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 09, 2011

5 stars At the top of their game and under alot of pressure from me to come up with something as compelling as "Hologram of Baal", this release finds The Church not only equalling, but surpassing what they did on "Baal". The textures and moods set in this set are so compelling as to transport the liste ... (read more)

Report this review (#130721) | Posted by beebs | Sunday, July 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars "Hologram of Baal" meant a change in direction for the music of this band. For anyone who has listened to the three previous albums and also this last one, the change is obvious, the production seems to be darker and the maturity has increased notably. "After everything now this" is more of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#52574) | Posted by shyman | Friday, October 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CHURCH "After Everything Now This "