I AM THE LAST OF ALL THE FIELD THAT FELL: A CHANNEL

- Lisa Pizzighella
- Armen Ra

February 10, 2014

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition

CURRENT 93 MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURRENT 93 I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel Music

More places to buy CURRENT 93 music online Buy CURRENT 93 & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CURRENT 93 I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel ratings distribution

CURRENT 93 I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel reviews

Review by Warthur
4 stars Ever since Michael Cashmore left the nimbus of musicians around David Tibet we call Current 93, the project's sound has drifted in the most fascinating manner. The last major release featuring Cashmore, Black Ships Ate the Sky, was a summary and capstone to the particular neofolk sound which had come to dominate their work during the Cashmore era, but was then followed up by excursions into doomy psychedelic rock and a reconfiguration of their neofolk sound which took in more recent trends in indie folk.

Now, believe it or not, on I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell the project goes folk-jazz. Inviting none other than John Zorn to provide jazzy saxophone contributions which really take the album out into territory hitherto never visited under the Current 93 umbrella. Excellent choices are made in guest vocalists too, with Anohni providing an achingly beautiful lead vocal on Mourned Winter Then and Nick Cave bringing proceedings to a magnificent close on I Could Not Shift the Shadow. It is, in short, another successful experiment which proves that there's life in the old project yet.

Post a review of CURRENT 93 "I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel"