TAKE MY HEAD

Archive Take My Head album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 1999

1. You make me feel (4:06)
2. The Way you love me (3:33)
3. Brother (3:44)
4. Well known Sinner (4:23)
5. The Pain gets worse (4:34)
6. Woman (3:38)
7. Cloud in the Sky (4:41)
8. Take my Head (4:39)
9. Love in Summer (4:57)
10. Rest my Head on you (6:54)

Total time 45:15

- Suzanne Wooder / vocals
- Matt Martin / drums, percussion

©1999 Independiente Ltd.

and to Tristan Mulders for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

Buy ARCHIVE Take My Head Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
AxiomAxiom
Imports 2014
Vinyl$28.99
LondiniumLondinium
Universal I.S. 1997
Controlling Crowds: The Complete Edition Part I-IVControlling Crowds: The Complete Edition Part I-IV
Imports 2009
With Us Until You're DeadWith Us Until You're Dead
Imports 2012
Part IVPart IV
Warner Music 2009
You All Look the Same to MeYou All Look the Same to Me
Imports 2009

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Take My Head ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Take My Head reviews

Review by Tristan Mulders
3 stars Archive - Take my Head

"Take my Head" shows Archive entering lesser electronic grounds. Whereas debut album "Londinium" definitely has similarities with Massive Attack, this album is more based on rock composition, without the rock though, but just to give you a bit of an impression. The hip-hop vocals have completely vanished and this is. well. simply excellent!

Although most of the songs are nothing but progressive, there's still a few excellent soundscapes included here. First of all the opening track You make me feel with its eerie sounding instrumentation and beautiful vocals (all vocals are female on this record). What's a nice thing to notice is that the recurring melody in the song You make me feel is reprised at the end of the album during the titletrack of the album Take my Head. Coincidentally this is also perhaps the most experimental and dark song on the album.

Although most of the songs still have their origins in the trip-hop scene, there's already a sign for Archive's future more successful blend of electronic soundscapes and rock music.

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#83827) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The first "Archive" album was a total hip-hop disaster that shared absolutely nothing with the prog music we all love.

I am not going to say say that their sophomore work is more proggy, but at least the female vocals, a more rocking angle at times, the melodies of some songs ("You Make Feel") and some fine ballads ("Brother" or "Pain Gets Worse" although the latter sounds childish and mellowish) are much more pleasant than what was available on their debut.

At times, the sound is a bit "garage oriented like during the weak ("Way You Love Me"). There are also some similarities with the band "Garbage" (which I liked very much) during "Well Known Sinner". Their characteristic heavy sound combined with lighter passages is quite well imitated.

Some cold melancholic mood with "Cloud In The Sky". The mellotron provides some Scandinavian flavour which I like very much. But so far, most of the songs are ballad-oriented and a bit more dynamism would have been welcome.

The last three numbers of this album are quite average (especially the instrumental "Love In Summer"). Globally I rate this album with two stars. But this is a serious improvement in comparison with their debut. If you like a softer version of "Garbage", you might well give a try.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#267171) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 20, 2010

3 stars Not prog as we know it, really. You'd have to wait for their 'You all Look the Same to me' for that. But the proggy influences are heard in the textures here, in music that has more in common with Massive Attack and the trip-hop scene. Some of the Pink Floydy elements that were apparent on teh keybo ... (read more)

Report this review (#27326) | Posted by | Wednesday, April 28, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Take My Head"