ROCK N ROLL PROPHET

Rick Wakeman Rock N Roll Prophet album cover

Poor. Only for completionists

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. I'm so straight I'm a weirdo (3:54)
2. The dragon (3:34)
3. Dark (5:07)
4. Maybe '80 (5:27)
5. Early warning (3:34)
6. Spy of '55 (5:07)
7. Do you believe in fairies? (4:29)
8. Rock'n'roll prophet (4:40)

Bonus tracks on cd release:
1. Return of the prophet (6:03)
Lp tracks 1-2-3
5. Alpha sleep (6:00)
Lp track 4
7. March of the child soldiers (6:05)
Lp tracks 5-6
10. Stalemate (5:55)
Lp tracks 7-8

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards, synthesizers, vocals
+ Gaston Balmer / percussion
- Lilianne Lauber / backing vocals

Lp. Moon Records LUNA LP 1 / Cd. President RW 12 (1991)

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
WRITE NOTES 2014
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
A&M Records 1990
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Rick Wakeman in ConcertKing Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Rick Wakeman in Concert
King Biscuit Flower Hour Records 1996
White RockWhite Rock
Real Gone Music 2014
Live at the Maltings 1976Live at the Maltings 1976
CD+DVD
United States Dist 2014
RICK WAKEMAN from YES USA DJ 7" 45 WHITE ROCK on A&M US $6.30 Buy It Now 56m 17s
LISZTOMANIA SOUNDTRACK 1975 LP RICK WAKEMAN / ROGER DALTREY **FACTORY SEALED** US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
RICK WAKEMAN "KING ARTHUR" 1975 12" VINYL ALBUM GATEFOLD SLEEVE WITH BOOKLET US $3.23 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman : The Seven Wonders of the World CD (2006) US $17.49 Buy It Now 1h 17m
RICK WAKEMAN - LIVE AT THE MALTINGS 1976 NEW CD US $23.37 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Rick Wakeman: Journey To The Centre Of The Earth LP NM USA A&M SP-3621 Gatefold US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 26m
RICK WAKEMAN - I'm So Straight Im A Weirdo - UK 7 inch vinyl single. US $9.73 Buy It Now 1h 26m
? Yes - Classic Yes (Atlantic 19320) (Rick Wakeman) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
? Rick Wakeman - Journey to Centre (booklet) (of Yes) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
? Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (of Yes) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
RICK WAKEMAN - Classic Trucks (CD 2008 The Store For Music Ltd) NEW SEALED US $3.48 Buy It Now 2h 7m
RICK WAKEMAN YES WHITE ROCK SOUNDTRACK EXYUGOSLAV LP US $28.69 Buy It Now 2h 17m
YES - GOING FOR THE ONE- WONDEROUS STORIES - RICK WAKEMAN - FOLDOUT SLEEVE US $4.86 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "BOOKLET" Journey to The Center of The Earth GP-226 OBI LP AD0902 US $7.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives of Henry VIII / Rick Wakeman GP-255 OBI LP AD0903 US $7.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "NM WAX" Lisztomania GP-260 OBI LP z2696 US $7.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "NM WAX" Criminal Record GP-2060 OBI LP z2700 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Six Wives of Henry VIII (2003) US $3.25 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Centre of The Earth - Audio Cassette Tape US $6.42 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Rick Wakeman : Country Airs CD (2007) US $14.58 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Rick Wakeman 'Swedish Television Special 1980' 58 minute CD. Rare item US $7.99 [0 bids]
1972 PROG SYNTH ROCK Rick Wakeman Debut / Six Wives Of Henry VIII LP % US $1.70 [3 bids]
AL STEWART ORANGE 1992 UK BGO CD 154 RICK WAKEMAN/ BOB DYLAN: I DONT BELIEVE YOU US $14.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives Of Henry VIII LP Yes Strawbs US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Rick Wakeman-Myths and Legends Of King Arthur And Knights-LP-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Soundtrack White Rock 8 Track Vinyl LP US $13.38 Buy It Now 5h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN (former YES member) THEMES British Import CD / NEW / SEALED US $6.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Fragile - Rick Wakeman - Vinyl LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
GORDON GILTRAP / RICK WAKEMAN - FROM BRUSH & STONE NEW CD US $21.58 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Bundle of 5 BEACH BOYS/GLEN CAMPBELL/LETTERMEN/HOLIDAY/RICK WAKEMAN Record LP'S US $13.77 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Cost of Living CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 8h 20m
RICK WAKEMAN LP-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH VG+ US $9.98 Buy It Now 9h 11m
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives of Henry VIII A&M LP '73 OG Yes US $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 28m
The Myths and Legends of King Arthur LP Rick Wakeman US $2.99 [0 bids]
Fusion Syndicate feat. Rick Wakeman, Billy Sherwood, Billy Cobham, Steve Morse, US $14.45 Buy It Now 11h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF EARTH CD *NEW* US $20.00 Buy It Now 13h 7m
RICK WAKEMAN - RETURN TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH (GATE) NEW VINYL US $37.50 Buy It Now 13h 18m
The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Rick Wakeman *New CD* US $2.57 Buy It Now 13h 37m
RICK WAKEMAN - RETURN TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH (REISSUE) CD ALBUM NEW/ MINT US $18.66 Buy It Now 14h 12m
RICK WAKEMAN - Return To The Centre Of The Earth - Magazine Advertisment US $7.31 Buy It Now 14h 12m
RICK WAKEMAN. THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII. GATEFOLD. A&M. 1973. PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $3.00 Buy It Now 14h 34m
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH NEW VINYL US $37.50 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Center of The Earth album LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h
Rick Wakeman - Six Wives of Henry VIII (1992) US $11.06 Buy It Now 15h 15m
Rick Wakeman 1984 LP (1981) NEAR MINT + original inner US $10.56 Buy It Now 15h 51m
RICK WAKEMAN- NO EARTHLY CONNECTION VINYL ALBUM US $4.04 Buy It Now 16h 13m
Rick Wakeman - Recollections (The Very Best of (1973-1979), 2001) CD Prog Rock US $12.98 Buy It Now 16h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN -'In The Nick Of Time - Live 2003 ''(25 AUGUST) CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $18.34 Buy It Now 16h 56m
RICK WAKEMAN -'Fields Of Green ''(25 AUGUST) CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $18.34 Buy It Now 16h 56m
RICK WAKEMAN~NO EARTHLY CONNECTION [A1/B1] 1976 US $4.87 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN The Classic Tracks CD FIRST ED NEW sealed US $16.49 Buy It Now 17h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF RARE ISRAELI PRESS LP YES US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN - KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS... CD *NEW* US $30.31 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Myths & Legends Of King Arthur -- Rick Wakeman -- Brand New Rock Music CD US $11.49 Buy It Now 18h
RICK WAKEMAN rhapsodies AMLX 68508 uk a&m 1979 DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX gatefold US $14.60 Buy It Now 18h 3m
RICK WAKEMAN. ANIMAL SHOWDOWN. RARE 7" PICTURE DISC US $9.73 Buy It Now 18h 4m
Rick Wakeman Bootleg Box Vol. 2 Live 5-CD Box Set NEW SEALED US $21.10 Buy It Now 18h 9m
Rick Wakeman - 'White Rock' UK A&M LP. Ex! US $9.73 Buy It Now 18h 22m
RICK WAKEMAN- 1984 VINYL ALBUM US $4.04 Buy It Now 18h 31m
RICK WAKEMAN- CRIMINAL RECORD VINYL ALBUM US $4.04 Buy It Now 18h 31m
RICK WAKEMAN- WHITE ROCK VINYL ALBUM US $4.04 Buy It Now 18h 43m
Rick Wakeman(Vinyl LP)White Rock Soundtrack-UK-AMLH 64614-A & M-Ex/Ex US $13.99 Buy It Now 18h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur LP w/ booklet Yes US $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 47m
1970'S Newspaper Clipping : Rick Wakeman, next stop the Gods US $11.37 Buy It Now 18h 48m
RICK WAKEMAN cd PATRICK STEWART return to centre of the earth RARE Radio Edits US $39.99 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Rick Wakeman(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Journey to The Center-A & M-VG/VG US $8.79 Buy It Now 19h 6m
Poster Size Advert 15x12 Rick Wakeman : The Myths & Legends of King Arthur Album US $19.49 Buy It Now 19h 9m
Poster Size Advert 15x12 The Myths & Legends of King Arthur by Rick Wakeman Albu US $19.49 Buy It Now 19h 12m
RICK WAKEMAN: The Six Wives of Henry VIII..1973..NM..Original US $21.00 Buy It Now 19h 22m
ALEXANDER MEZEK CLIFF RICHARD RICK WAKEMAN 1991 GERMANY CD single US $17.85 Buy It Now 20h 24m
RICK WAKEMAN GOLE CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 20h 27m
Rick Wakeman 'Live' 2000 8-track CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman (plus others) 'Collage II' 1992 8-track CD US $3.49 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Pantom Power 2001 president records RWCD35 US $14.62 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Rick Wakeman ?- Rhapsodies Double LP A&M 6501 Jazz VG++ Art Rock Pop Rock US $14.95 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Rick Wakeman - Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record LP A&M 4660 VG++ Symph Rock US $6.95 Buy It Now 21h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN BAND - ROBOT MAN 7" 45 NR MINT VINYL UK 1ST PRESS Chaka Khan US $8.10 Buy It Now 21h 7m
Rick Wakeman Six Wives of Henry Eighth and Seawind Light the Light 2 LPs US $15.99 Buy It Now 21h 17m
Rick Wakeman-Journey To The Center Of The Earth US $3.00 Buy It Now 21h 18m
Rick Wakeman Journey to the Center of the Earth sealed MFSL 200g mint numbered US $149.99 Buy It Now 21h 48m
King Biscuit Flower Hour by Rick Wakeman (CD, Feb-1996, King Biscuit... US $7.00 [0 bids]
rick wakeman live cd 2000 EMI Capiol music US $6.00 [0 bids]
Zodiaque by Rick Wakeman (CD, 1988, Relativity (Label)) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Can You Hear Me? by Rick Wakeman (CD, Nov-2003, Hope Entertainment) US $15.00 [0 bids]
2014 Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 2 LP 180 Gram Vinyl NEW US $35.00 Buy It Now 22h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN Myths Legends King Arthur NEAR MINT ORIG 1975 US Press US $3.96 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - 6 WIVES OF HENRY VIII - 33 RPM LP RECORD - 1973 US $1.64 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN : JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (GATEFOLD) (SP3621) - RARITIES US $4.49 Buy It Now 22h 34m
RICK WAKEMAN - LIVE AT THE MALTINGS 1976 (CD+DVD) - RICK002CD US $23.84 Buy It Now 23h 2m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP RECORD 33 RPM 1972 VERY GOOD US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Ultimate Rick Wakeman Experience [CD New] US $14.78 Buy It Now 23h 13m
ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA PERFORMS THE BEST KNOWN WORKS OF RICK WAKEMAN US $9.73 Buy It Now 23h 15m
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of Earth Rock RECORD Album LP Vinyl FREE SHIP US $8.00 Buy It Now 23h 20m
Giltrap,Gordon & Rick Wakeman - From Brush & Stone [CD New] US $13.63 Buy It Now 23h 22m
Original Members Of Yes by Rick Wakeman - CD / 9 Tracks US $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
NETHERLANDS press RICK WAKEMAN Gole 1982 World Cup Soundtrack LP Charisma INNER US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF EARTH CD MFSL SILVER DISC RARE OOP US $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Family Album by Rick Wakeman (CD, Relativity (Label)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Classic Performance Live (Warner Music 2564-69405-4) CD US $16.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman.The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur.RARE White Label Promo LP. US $48.64 [0 bids]

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Profits of doom

As someone who loves much of what Rick Wakeman does, it pains me to listen to albums such as this which bear his good name.

Several of the tracks, including "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo", and "Do you believe in Fairies" see Wakeman actually attempting to sing(!), backed by Lilianne Lauber. Now Wakeman is a unquestionably a master of the keyboards, but a singer, never. It doesn't help that these two tracks are poor to start with. The latter is nothing more than a simple children's' song.

The "Prophet" reference in the title is presumably a play on words with the type of synthesiser Wakeman uses. Most of the other tracks find him noodling away on it on his own, occasional adding more vocals such as on the semi-spoken "Maybe '80". This track, which has pretty dumb lyrics, has echoes of themes from his "1984" album which was recorded around the same time.

Overall, there's a distinct lack of effort here. There are plenty of fine Rick Wakeman albums to chose from. "Rock'n'roll prophet" is not one of them.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#27506) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2004

Review by ghost_of_morphy
1 stars God help us all.

This has to be one of the worst albums ever released. We could sum up the spirit of the album by saying that it's a joke.

I mean that literally. I imagine that Rick honestly thought tracks like "I'm so straight I'm a wierdo," "Do you believe in fairies," and "Rock and Roll Prophet" were hilarious when he recorded them. By the time they get pressed onto the vinyl, however, all of the fun has been sucked out of them and they sound pathetically offbeat, even for novelty songs.

The rest of the album has all the hallmarks of being rushed, with Rick drifting planlessly up and down the keyboard.

Rick sings his own vocals on this album. It's hard to believe, but this album actually made me miss Ashley Holt.

If you are collecting everything that Rick has ever released (quite a formidable task) then this is probably the album that you want to buy last. If you can stand not having a complete collection of Wakeman's works, skip this embarrassing album.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#40020) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 22, 2005

Review by Zitro
1 stars This is Wakeman's worst album I have ever heard! I never heard an album this silly, uninspired, and talentless from a talented artist such as Wakeman.

This is Wakeman's hole, after this album he will try to climb back up, but takes a long while to do that. Thankfully, he did not make material this weak in the 80s.

While some songs show Wakeman playing mildly interesting themes like dark or Dragon, the album is horrible and seems like a joke! However, the single is slightly amusing and catchy, if in a bad way.

DO NOT BUY

My Grade: Worst Album Ever

The CD version of this album has a few added instrumental tracks that are superior to the songs featured here. They are not bad, but I still cannot give this album 2 stars.

Send comments to Zitro (BETA) | Report this review (#41586) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 04, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars There seems to a pretty strong consensus regarding the (lack of) merits of this album and I have no intention to depart from this common wisdom - this album is indeed pretty awful! However, I think it is worth a listen as a piece of highly comic entertainment. I'm sure that Rick himself would laugh at this album just as the rest of us do, several of the songs are clearly meant as jokes. I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo, Maybe '80 and Do You Believe In Fairies are typical in this category. As far as I know this is the only album on which Rick sings himself! However, his voice fits these comic and tremendously silly lyrics pretty well! The extremely cheesy cover art reinforces my interpretation of this album as a joke. After all Rick is a comedian, often telling jokes on his tours, radio shows, etc.

This album exists in two different versions, the original version and a plus version. The plus version opens with an instrumental called Return Of The Prophet which is actually quite good. It reminds me of Statue Of Justice from Criminal Record and is clearly the best track from this otherwise weak album. Alpha Sleep, March Of The Child Soldiers and Stalemate are also not that bad, even if not particularly memorable.

I have this album on vinyl as well as on mp3. The mp3 version of the original album has awful sound, probably a transfer from vinyl. But the extra tracks on the plus version had much better sound.

I give this one star referring to the original album, I could maybe give two stars to the plus version.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#209045) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars Break or not to break ? I mean ratings, so far, 5 collab reviews and all of them with 1-star. Should I do the same or make change to 2, or even 3 ? It all depends on how good this music is.

Fortunately, I have CD version, which starts with quite good. Not just quite, but very good. But after this song, I started to worry a little bit. OK, I'll lay my cards on the table. Not just little bit, but (you know), a lot. At first seconds of first "original" track, this I'm So Straight I'm a Weirdo I was stunned and thought what the hell this can be. Then brain functions returned and I started to think again. There is actually something enjoyable in these tracks. Not much, but it's here (some twists, even drums are terrible.

These songs are terribly flawed by various factors, but when I try to dig some good out of them, like golden nuggets for goldminer, it is possible. Let's be fair here, it is bad, but not that bad. Bonus tracks are good and even these original ones are worth of something. Actually higher than you would thought.

3(-) and I'm damned, but I feel it that way.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#290460) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review by Gatot
1 stars With an excellent rating of previous album 1984 this one was really a huge drop in the musical quality of Rick Wakeman, even though he said that this album was actually crafted before 1984 was released and should be released under the band name of Kudos. But finally he released it under his name. It's a mistake, as he admitted. I was lucky when it was released I could sense from the cover that did not seem quite prog if I compared with 1984, King Arthur, Journey or Six Wives. Finally, I could only say that only the opening track "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo" (3:54) that's worth listening to because it's quirky and funny. The rest is just an instrumental piece with no soul and they don't represent the kind of music Rick had been playing.

I thought the album was about Rick's virtuosity in rock music but actually, as he said it, that this is an album about the women around his life. Whatever the story is, the music does not sell, really. This album is for completionists. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#448268) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

3 stars If you want pathetic sympho-art-prog rock in style of "King Arthur" - leave this album and take something else from immence discography of Rick. If you want good music from Rick - listen to it. Music was written in the end of 70s after Rick left Yes. Rick tried to parody style of Buggles and ... (read more)

Report this review (#443563) | Posted by Sergey Lenkov | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Being one who has actually listened to this entire catastrophe, I feel qualified to give my opinion. That being said, my review does not cover the added bonus tracks, which is a shame, since they are far superior to what is on the original album. All that really needs to be said is that this c ... (read more)

Report this review (#443554) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Rock N Roll Prophet"