ROCK N ROLL PROPHET

Rick Wakeman Rock N Roll Prophet album cover

Poor. Only for completionists

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. I'm so straight I'm a weirdo (3:54)
2. The dragon (3:34)
3. Dark (5:07)
4. Maybe '80 (5:27)
5. Early warning (3:34)
6. Spy of '55 (5:07)
7. Do you believe in fairies? (4:29)
8. Rock'n'roll prophet (4:40)

Bonus tracks on cd release:
1. Return of the prophet (6:03)
Lp tracks 1-2-3
5. Alpha sleep (6:00)
Lp track 4
7. March of the child soldiers (6:05)
Lp tracks 5-6
10. Stalemate (5:55)
Lp tracks 7-8

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards, synthesizers, vocals
+ Gaston Balmer / percussion
- Lilianne Lauber / backing vocals

Lp. Moon Records LUNA LP 1 / Cd. President RW 12 (1991)

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
Fontana a&M 1990
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
President Records 1993
Ultimate Rick Wakeman ExperienceUltimate Rick Wakeman Experience
Box set
Cleopatra 2005
Rick Wakeman 4xLP RARE DIFFERENT Israel Israeli Albums US $59.99 Buy It Now 49m 57s
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry VIII: Li (NEW CD) US $18.05 Buy It Now 51m 54s
RICK WAKEMAN - SILENT NIGHTS [RICK WAKEMAN] - NEW CD US $12.22 Buy It Now 59m 47s
RICK WAKEMAN master series A&M CD 540 8942! US $16.79 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Rick Wakeman Birdman Of Alcatraz DJ 45 Mono/ Stereo A US $2.50 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman ?- The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knightl Lp Colombia US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
RICK WAKEMAN white rock soundtrack AMLH 64614 uk a&m LP PS EX/EX US $15.11 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Rick Wakeman White Rock Soundtrack of Innsbruck Winter Games LP EX+-NM CRC US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH NEW CD US $9.32 Buy It Now 3h 57m
RICK WAKEMAN - IRISH PRESSED VINYL LP - 1984 - UNIQUE CHARISMA LABELS 1981 US $16.00 [0 bids]
JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH RICK WAKEMAN SOUNDTRACK LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN Animal showdown RARE 7" PIC DISC ROCK POP PROG YES US $5.03 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth A&M 1974 Gatefold Excellent US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Centre of the Earth (CD, May-2005, A&M (USA) US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 14m
KEITH EMERSON Off the Shelf CD Out of Print PROG ELP, Rick Wakeman, NEW SEALED US $9.87 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Rock & Roll Prophet Plus Rick Wakeman CD US $12.39 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Rick Wakeman 2000 A.D. Into the Future Cd Import Yes US $56.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
RICK WAKEMAN - AFRICAN BACH (UK) NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 8h 41m
CRIMES OF PASSION (score by Rick Wakeman for the Ken Russell film) US $13.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN criminal record AMLK64660 uk a&m 1977 LP PS EX/EX with inner sleeve US $15.11 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Christmas Variations by Rick Wakeman (CD, Nov-2006, United States of Distribu... US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Six Wives of Henry VIII Rick Wakeman Vinyl LP US $28.49 Buy It Now 11h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII GATE FOLD COVER LP 585 US $8.99 Buy It Now 12h 2m
RICK WAKEMAN "Six Wives Of Henry VIII" orig A&M vintage LP STILL SEALED Yes US $9.99 [0 bids]
rick wakeman LP magic keyboards '80s rare vinyl compilation brazil only US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry VIII - 1973 LP US $9.34 Buy It Now 14h 49m
YES(KOREA LP 12")FRAGILE BLUE SLEEVE RARE jon anderson/steve howe/rick wakeman US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 21m
RICK WAKEMAN 'THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII' UK LP US $12.09 Buy It Now 17h 57m
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur LP A&M AMLH 64515 US $10.07 Buy It Now 18h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN 8 TRACK TAPE No Earthly Connection TESTED nw pad & splice ~ CLEAN! US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 22m
RICK WAKEMAN 8 TRACK TAPE Criminal Record TESTED nw pad & splice ~ CLEAN! US $6.39 Buy It Now 18h 26m
Wonderous - A Tribute To Yes Steve Overland / Rick Wakeman US $6.71 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - No Earthly Connection CD US $18.15 Buy It Now 19h 25m
rare Rick Wakeman Out There CD (2003) US $27.98 Buy It Now 19h 42m
RICK WAKEMAN RHAPSODIES promo JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 52m
LISZTOMANIA OST THE WHO ROGER DALTREY RICK WAKEMAN ISRAEL ISRAELI LP US $80.00 Buy It Now 19h 53m
Rick Wakeman(CD Album)The Six Wives Of Henry VIII-Eagle-ER201642-New US $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
RICK WAKEMAN meets MOOG Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1972 US $20.17 Buy It Now 20h 42m
RICK WAKEMAN - WAKEMAN WITH WAKEMAN - NEW CD US $13.39 Buy It Now 21h 38m
Medium Rare Rick Wakeman CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 21h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN Six wives Vintage Music Press poster size LP Advert/Cutting 1973 US $20.17 Buy It Now 21h 55m
Rick Wakeman Journey to The Centre of The Earth LP NM "Picture/Lyric Booklet Yes US $12.99 Buy It Now 22h 8m
RICK WAKEMAN - CLASSICAL VARIATIONS - NEW CD US $11.73 Buy It Now 22h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN (Yes) - Rhapsodies - Original 1979 2xLP US $11.77 Buy It Now 23h 33m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY THE EIGHTH '73 GATEFOLD VINYL CLASSIC*EXPLUS US $16.56 Buy It Now 23h 45m
RICK WAKEMAN THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR (LP) US $16.79 Buy It Now 1 day
YES Going For The One LP OOP late-70's prog-rock Rick Wakeman Chris Squire US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES promo CD SAVING MY HEART Trevor Rabin Rick Wakeman Chris Squire Bill Bruford US $19.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN vinyl LP record WHITE ROCK US $13.45 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry viii LP VG+ SP 4361 Vinyl 1973 Record US $7.20 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - THE MYTHS & LEGENDS OF... (AMLH 64515) UK 1975 PROG LP W/BOOKLET US $1.60 [1 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN : JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (GATEFOLD) (SP3621) - RARITIES US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN'S CRIMINAL RECORD (A&M AMLK 64660) UK 1977 PROG LP WITH INNER US $1.60 [1 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - WHITE ROCK SOUNDTRACK (A&M AMLH 64614) UK 1977 PROG ROCK LP EX US $1.60 [1 bids]
Rick Wakeman - THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII - Original A&M SP-4361 Gatefold US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH" LP WITH BOOKLET US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - We Can Fly - Italy PR0M0 CD without Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman US $9.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends Of King Arthur w INSERT US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LIVE AT HAMPTON COURT PALACE SEALED CD US $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - 8 Mini LP SHM CD Japan 2009 + Promo-Box +3 bonus CD VERY RARE OOP US $750.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EX:EX !! Rick Wakeman/1984/1981 Charisma LP US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE - Hunky Dory - Rare Ryko Au20 GOLD Disc CD Rick Wakeman Mick Ronson US $112.65 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 LP CHARISMA cds4022 US $10.07 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth, ORIG 1974 UK LP/book... EX+ US $10.07 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman The Legend Live In Concert 2000 (CD + DVD 2000) 5060018702018 US $26.88 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith 1986 HOLLAND / JAPAN CD issue US $22.40 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII (SP4361) Great gatefold album! US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman KING ARTHUR & THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE A&M SP-4515 W/Bklet NM US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - NO EARTHLY CONNECTION (SP4583) VG/VG+ cond. US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN No Earthly Connection 1975 A&M CLASSIC ROCK LP US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN White Rock 1977 A&M SOUNDTRACK Innsbruck Olympic Winter Games US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JIM GILMOUR Great Escape NEW CD Reissue OOP PROG (Saga Max Webster Rick Wakeman) US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Rhapsodies 1979 A&M CLASSIC ROCK DOUBLE LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY..CENTRE OF EARTH (SP3621) VG cond. some poster damage! US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur 1975 A&M CLASSIC ROCK w INSERT US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Criminal Record 1977 A&M CLASSIC ROCK LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Criminal Record Lp Colombia US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman- Criminal Record- 1977- new/sealed cassette tape US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
RECORD: RICK WAKEMAN- WHITE ROCK- A&M -LP-1976 NM/VG INNSBRUCK GAMES US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RECORD: RICK WAKEMAN- COUNTRY AIRS- JEM -LP- NM/G PIANO SOLOS US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RECORD: RICK WAKEMAN- JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH- A&M -LP-NM/VG+ POSTER US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH" LP US $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Out There, Rick Wakeman, Good US $10.16 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH- QUAD US $9.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman White Rock Soundtrack LP A&M SP-4614 1977 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman Myths & Legends LP A&M SP 4515 1975 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY THE THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 PROMO US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII PROMO A&M 1973 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Jorney To The Centre Of The Earth - LP Record EX EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - KING ARTHUR NEW CD US $9.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Six Wives Of Henry Viiith NEW 2 x LP US $26.14 Buy It Now 1 day
CD's: Emerson Greg Lake Palmer ELP John Wetton Rick Wakeman King Biscuit MORE! US $5.00 [0 bids]
Aspirant Sunrise Rick Wakeman CD US $12.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Aspirant Sunset Rick Wakeman CD US $13.05 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Myths and Legends of King Arthur CD Mini LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) - "Catherine"/"Anne" - 7" Single 1973 1st US WL PROMO - RARE US $26.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Seven Wonders of the World Rick Wakeman CD US $10.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Zodiaque Rick Wakeman CD US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY V111 VINYL LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN-RECOLLECTIONS THE VERY BEST OF-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Profits of doom

As someone who loves much of what Rick Wakeman does, it pains me to listen to albums such as this which bear his good name.

Several of the tracks, including "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo", and "Do you believe in Fairies" see Wakeman actually attempting to sing(!), backed by Lilianne Lauber. Now Wakeman is a unquestionably a master of the keyboards, but a singer, never. It doesn't help that these two tracks are poor to start with. The latter is nothing more than a simple children's' song.

The "Prophet" reference in the title is presumably a play on words with the type of synthesiser Wakeman uses. Most of the other tracks find him noodling away on it on his own, occasional adding more vocals such as on the semi-spoken "Maybe '80". This track, which has pretty dumb lyrics, has echoes of themes from his "1984" album which was recorded around the same time.

Overall, there's a distinct lack of effort here. There are plenty of fine Rick Wakeman albums to chose from. "Rock'n'roll prophet" is not one of them.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#27506) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2004

Review by ghost_of_morphy
1 stars God help us all.

This has to be one of the worst albums ever released. We could sum up the spirit of the album by saying that it's a joke.

I mean that literally. I imagine that Rick honestly thought tracks like "I'm so straight I'm a wierdo," "Do you believe in fairies," and "Rock and Roll Prophet" were hilarious when he recorded them. By the time they get pressed onto the vinyl, however, all of the fun has been sucked out of them and they sound pathetically offbeat, even for novelty songs.

The rest of the album has all the hallmarks of being rushed, with Rick drifting planlessly up and down the keyboard.

Rick sings his own vocals on this album. It's hard to believe, but this album actually made me miss Ashley Holt.

If you are collecting everything that Rick has ever released (quite a formidable task) then this is probably the album that you want to buy last. If you can stand not having a complete collection of Wakeman's works, skip this embarrassing album.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#40020) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 22, 2005

Review by Zitro
1 stars This is Wakeman's worst album I have ever heard! I never heard an album this silly, uninspired, and talentless from a talented artist such as Wakeman.

This is Wakeman's hole, after this album he will try to climb back up, but takes a long while to do that. Thankfully, he did not make material this weak in the 80s.

While some songs show Wakeman playing mildly interesting themes like dark or Dragon, the album is horrible and seems like a joke! However, the single is slightly amusing and catchy, if in a bad way.

DO NOT BUY

My Grade: Worst Album Ever

The CD version of this album has a few added instrumental tracks that are superior to the songs featured here. They are not bad, but I still cannot give this album 2 stars.

Send comments to Zitro (BETA) | Report this review (#41586) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 04, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars There seems to a pretty strong consensus regarding the (lack of) merits of this album and I have no intention to depart from this common wisdom - this album is indeed pretty awful! However, I think it is worth a listen as a piece of highly comic entertainment. I'm sure that Rick himself would laugh at this album just as the rest of us do, several of the songs are clearly meant as jokes. I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo, Maybe '80 and Do You Believe In Fairies are typical in this category. As far as I know this is the only album on which Rick sings himself! However, his voice fits these comic and tremendously silly lyrics pretty well! The extremely cheesy cover art reinforces my interpretation of this album as a joke. After all Rick is a comedian, often telling jokes on his tours, radio shows, etc.

This album exists in two different versions, the original version and a plus version. The plus version opens with an instrumental called Return Of The Prophet which is actually quite good. It reminds me of Statue Of Justice from Criminal Record and is clearly the best track from this otherwise weak album. Alpha Sleep, March Of The Child Soldiers and Stalemate are also not that bad, even if not particularly memorable.

I have this album on vinyl as well as on mp3. The mp3 version of the original album has awful sound, probably a transfer from vinyl. But the extra tracks on the plus version had much better sound.

I give this one star referring to the original album, I could maybe give two stars to the plus version.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#209045) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover and E&O Teams
2 stars Break or not to break ? I mean ratings, so far, 5 collab reviews and all of them with 1-star. Should I do the same or make change to 2, or even 3 ? It all depends on how good this music is.

Fortunately, I have CD version, which starts with quite good. Not just quite, but very good. But after this song, I started to worry a little bit. OK, I'll lay my cards on the table. Not just little bit, but (you know), a lot. At first seconds of first "original" track, this I'm So Straight I'm a Weirdo I was stunned and thought what the hell this can be. Then brain functions returned and I started to think again. There is actually something enjoyable in these tracks. Not much, but it's here (some twists, even drums are terrible.

These songs are terribly flawed by various factors, but when I try to dig some good out of them, like golden nuggets for goldminer, it is possible. Let's be fair here, it is bad, but not that bad. Bonus tracks are good and even these original ones are worth of something. Actually higher than you would thought.

3(-) and I'm damned, but I feel it that way.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#290460) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review by Gatot
1 stars With an excellent rating of previous album 1984 this one was really a huge drop in the musical quality of Rick Wakeman, even though he said that this album was actually crafted before 1984 was released and should be released under the band name of Kudos. But finally he released it under his name. It's a mistake, as he admitted. I was lucky when it was released I could sense from the cover that did not seem quite prog if I compared with 1984, King Arthur, Journey or Six Wives. Finally, I could only say that only the opening track "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo" (3:54) that's worth listening to because it's quirky and funny. The rest is just an instrumental piece with no soul and they don't represent the kind of music Rick had been playing.

I thought the album was about Rick's virtuosity in rock music but actually, as he said it, that this is an album about the women around his life. Whatever the story is, the music does not sell, really. This album is for completionists. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#448268) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

3 stars If you want pathetic sympho-art-prog rock in style of "King Arthur" - leave this album and take something else from immence discography of Rick. If you want good music from Rick - listen to it. Music was written in the end of 70s after Rick left Yes. Rick tried to parody style of Buggles and ... (read more)

Report this review (#443563) | Posted by Sergey Lenkov | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Being one who has actually listened to this entire catastrophe, I feel qualified to give my opinion. That being said, my review does not cover the added bonus tracks, which is a shame, since they are far superior to what is on the original album. All that really needs to be said is that this c ... (read more)

Report this review (#443554) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Rock N Roll Prophet"