ROCK N ROLL PROPHET

Rick Wakeman Rock N Roll Prophet album cover

Poor. Only for completionists

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. I'm so straight I'm a weirdo (3:54)
2. The dragon (3:34)
3. Dark (5:07)
4. Maybe '80 (5:27)
5. Early warning (3:34)
6. Spy of '55 (5:07)
7. Do you believe in fairies? (4:29)
8. Rock'n'roll prophet (4:40)

Bonus tracks on cd release:
1. Return of the prophet (6:03)
Lp tracks 1-2-3
5. Alpha sleep (6:00)
Lp track 4
7. March of the child soldiers (6:05)
Lp tracks 5-6
10. Stalemate (5:55)
Lp tracks 7-8

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards, synthesizers, vocals
+ Gaston Balmer / percussion
- Lilianne Lauber / backing vocals

Lp. Moon Records LUNA LP 1 / Cd. President RW 12 (1991)

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
WRITE NOTES 2014
Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
Fontana a&M 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
Rick Wakeman's Criminal RecordRick Wakeman's Criminal Record
Real Gone Music 2014
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
Live at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on IceLive at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on Ice
United States Dist 2014
Christmas VariationsChristmas Variations
Music Fusion 2011
Rick Wakeman(Gatefold)The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur-VG/NM US $13.29 Buy It Now 44m 29s
Rick Wakeman 2000 A.D. Into the Future Japan CD JICK-89028 Yes US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives of Henry VIII CD NEW & SEALED US $11.14 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Rick Wakeman / Six Wives of Henry VIII / UK A&M Green Label 1st LP / EX+ US $22.43 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Rick Wakeman Rhapsodies Yes Very Nice Over 500 Fairly priced LP's US $2.95 [0 bids]
2h
RICK WAKEMAN Myths and Legends of King Arthur vinyl LP US $9.62 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Rick Wakeman **Journey to the Centre of the Earth **Brand New CD!! US $12.97 Buy It Now 2h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LP SP-4361 US $5.85 Buy It Now 2h 35m
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984 - LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON 1981(CD+DVD) - RICK004CD US $23.54 Buy It Now 2h 50m
RICK WAKEMAN Return To The Centre Of The Earth 2x Vinyl LP 2014 NEW US $37.60 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Out There by Rick Wakeman *New CD* US $15.78 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Wakeman with Wakeman by Adam Wakeman/Rick Wakeman *New CD* US $9.48 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Rick Wakeman White Rock Japan Lp Obi Orig Yes Innsbruck Audiophile Prog Yes US $21.12 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Rick Wakeman - 1984 [CD New] US $15.56 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Rick Wakeman - Softsword [CD New] US $12.39 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Rick Wakeman - Rock'N Roll Prophet Plus [CD New] US $12.29 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Rick Wakeman - Vol. 1-Bootleg Box [CD New] US $20.70 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Rick Wakeman - Private Collection [CD New] US $13.65 Buy It Now 3h 29m
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives of Henry VIII LP OOP early-70's prog-rock Yes US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
OST THE BURNING LP w/OBI Insert Rick Wakeman JAPAN ISSUE US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP Record Album Condition Very Good US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 59m
RICK WAKEMAN Country airs US $14.41 Buy It Now 5h 21m
1 CENT CD Return To The Centre Of The Earth - Rick Wakeman US $1.25 [4 bids]
Rick Wakeman - I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo 7" Sgl 1980 US $15.39 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Rick Wakeman The Myths and Legends of King Arthur/ Japan LP Booklet Sheet YES US $13.49 Buy It Now 5h 35m
OST Rick Wakeman ~ Lisztomania/ Japan LP/ Sheet YES Roger Daltrey US $13.49 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Rick Wakeman ~ The Six Wives of Henry VIII/ Japan LP/ Sheet YES Gatefold US $10.49 Buy It Now 5h 37m
RICK WAKEMAN - Criminal Record - ORIG 1978 YUGOSLAV RARE PRESSING LP US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Rick Wakeman - The Classic Tracks (CD 1996) - 24HR POST!! US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Rick Wakeman Myths&Legends Of King Arthur &The Knights Of The Round Table 1975LP US $2.50 [0 bids]
Yes Fragile 4 autographs Rick Wakeman Jon Anderson Chris Squire Steve Howe US $99.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH CD ALBUM 2002 YES US $10.89 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Al Stewart - The Early Years - Double LP Vinyl - Jimmy Page, Rick Wakeman US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
*PROMO* Rick Wakeman - White Rock (mono-stereo), A&M 1937 45 rpm single US $5.75 [0 bids]
YES keys to ascension 2 CD BOX STEVE HOWE RICK WAKEMAN US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes Lp Fragile w Booklet Roger Dean w Rick Wakeman US $3.99 [1 bids]
LP Record Album - Rick Wakeman, Journey to the Centre of the Earth - in concert US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman ~ The Six Wives of Henry VIII ~ Quad Quadraphonic 8 Track Tape US $29.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman ~ Myths and Legends of King Arthur ~ Quad Quadraphonic 8 Track Tape US $19.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman 'Fields Of Green' 10-track 1997 CD, w/ extra track US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman : Medium Rare CD (2003) US $22.45 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry VIII LP Gatefold SP4361 A US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Center Of The Earth LP SP3621 A&M US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH BRAZIL PRESSING CD ALBUM EXC US $4.79 Buy It Now 7h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN *The Six Wives Of Henry VIII* 1973 Stereo Vinyl A&M LP US $3.49 [0 bids]
NME 1974 JAN 26 RICK WAKEMAN MICK RONSON DAVID BOWIE US $24.03 Buy It Now 7h 55m
NME 1974 JAN 26 RICK WAKEMAN RONSON BOB DYLAN BOWIE US $24.03 Buy It Now 7h 55m
NME 1975 APR 5 RICK WAKEMAN ELTON JOHN STEVIE WONDER US $24.03 Buy It Now 7h 58m
NME 1976 JAN 31 FACES RE-UNITE RONTADT RICK WAKEMAN US $24.03 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives Of Henry VIII A&M SP-4361 Stereo Vinyl Record LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
RICK WAKEMAN / FASCIANO MARIO - BLACK KNIGHTS AT THE COURT OF FERDINAND NEW CD US $34.61 Buy It Now 9h 2m
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984 NEW CD US $25.27 Buy It Now 9h 6m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth Lp RECORD GATEFOLD CENTER 1974 US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 30m
RICK WAKEMAN King Arthur & Knights Of The... LP Booklet US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
RICK WAKEMAN Journey to the Centre of the Earth LP VG+ WITH POSTER INSERT!! US $11.21 Buy It Now 10h 20m
Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives Of Henry VIII Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Rick Wakeman Rhapsodies Vinyl LP Record Album Set US $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Rick Wakeman The Myths And Legends Of King Authur Vinyl LP Record Album US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Rick Wakeman White Rock: The Soundtrack of Innsbruck Winter Games Vinyl Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
RICK WAKEMAN - Journey to the Center of the Earth QUADRAPHONIC 8 TRACK TAPE Q8 US $14.95 [1 bids]
Rick Wakeman (Yes) Journey To The Centre Of The Earth US $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 32m
RICK WAKEMAN "BOOKLET" The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and GP-2 LP AG0566 US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Journey to thee Center of the Earth GP-226 LP AG0565 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Six Wives Of Henry VIII - LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
12h
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII VINYL LP RECORD First Press US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman "The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur" LP Record Album US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD ALBUM,RICK WAKEMAN,CD 3230.KING ARTHUR LEGENDS US $17.48 Buy It Now 13h 17m
Rick Wakeman: The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (LP) A&M Records SP-4361 Stereo 1973 US $3.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN, RHAPSODY, SP-6501 A&M 2 LP SET; NEAR MINT/EXCELLENT US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - WHITE ROCK / 8 TRACK TAPE US $4.00 Buy It Now 14h 56m
RICK WAKEMAN - The Six Wives Of Henry VIII LP Vinyl Record VG+/VG++ A US $7.19 Buy It Now 15h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN NO EARTHLY CONNECTION 1976 A&M SP4902 VINYL RECORD LP 'MR' VG++ US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 35m
YES re: RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur 1975 UK A&M LP NM w/insert US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 44m
RICK WAKEMAN**WHITE ROCK (SOUNDTRACK)**CD US $17.50 Buy It Now 16h 7m
RICK WAKEMAN RETURN TO THE CENTRE OF EARTH DIGIPAK CD NEW US $20.93 Buy It Now 18h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF EARTH DIGIPAK CD NEW US $20.93 Buy It Now 18h 28m
Job Lot Rick Wakeman (Vinyl Album) US $11.21 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN " GLORY BOYS " EX+ COND.IN Or.PIC SL. US $2.55 Buy It Now 20h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984 LP rare israeli press YES prog rock US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN - LIVE WITH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - NEW CD US $13.87 Buy It Now 20h 28m
Rick Wakeman, No Earthly Connection US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 10m
RICK WAKEMAN - SILENT NIGHTS, ORG 1985 JAPAN vilyl LP + OBI, STRAWBS / YES US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 40m
Rick Wakeman,Tribute,Japan CD,Obi,The Beatles Songs US $20.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - CRIMINAL RECORD - NEW CD US $9.86 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Rick Wakeman . Journey To The Centre of The Earth . Near Mint US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 32m
RICK WAKEMAN:: THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII US $5.99 Buy It Now 22h 33m
RICK WAKEMAN- No Earthly Connection Vinyl LP 1976 US $6.40 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman-magazine advert US $8.00 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Rick Wakeman -- The Myths and Legends of King Arthur - LP-- NEAR MINT W/ Booklet US $12.00 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth - Vinyl LP Gatefold UK 1974 US $8.02 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Time Machine Japan CD JIM-0006 Yes US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives Of Henry VIII prog gatefold mint Lp US $9.26 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman's Greatest Hits Rick Wakeman Roger Dean CD 1994, 2 Discs,... US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman 3 CDs - Six Wives, Journey to the Centre, Myths and Legends US $19.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry The VIII - LP Record NM VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN LP IMPORT Six Wives of Henry VIII - UK Press A&M AMLH-64361 US $24.75 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN CRIMINAL RECORD RECORD ALBUM US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES (Two GATEFOLD albums) The Yes Album AND Close To The Edge (Rick Wakeman) US $34.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Profits of doom

As someone who loves much of what Rick Wakeman does, it pains me to listen to albums such as this which bear his good name.

Several of the tracks, including "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo", and "Do you believe in Fairies" see Wakeman actually attempting to sing(!), backed by Lilianne Lauber. Now Wakeman is a unquestionably a master of the keyboards, but a singer, never. It doesn't help that these two tracks are poor to start with. The latter is nothing more than a simple children's' song.

The "Prophet" reference in the title is presumably a play on words with the type of synthesiser Wakeman uses. Most of the other tracks find him noodling away on it on his own, occasional adding more vocals such as on the semi-spoken "Maybe '80". This track, which has pretty dumb lyrics, has echoes of themes from his "1984" album which was recorded around the same time.

Overall, there's a distinct lack of effort here. There are plenty of fine Rick Wakeman albums to chose from. "Rock'n'roll prophet" is not one of them.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#27506) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2004

Review by ghost_of_morphy
1 stars God help us all.

This has to be one of the worst albums ever released. We could sum up the spirit of the album by saying that it's a joke.

I mean that literally. I imagine that Rick honestly thought tracks like "I'm so straight I'm a wierdo," "Do you believe in fairies," and "Rock and Roll Prophet" were hilarious when he recorded them. By the time they get pressed onto the vinyl, however, all of the fun has been sucked out of them and they sound pathetically offbeat, even for novelty songs.

The rest of the album has all the hallmarks of being rushed, with Rick drifting planlessly up and down the keyboard.

Rick sings his own vocals on this album. It's hard to believe, but this album actually made me miss Ashley Holt.

If you are collecting everything that Rick has ever released (quite a formidable task) then this is probably the album that you want to buy last. If you can stand not having a complete collection of Wakeman's works, skip this embarrassing album.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#40020) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 22, 2005

Review by Zitro
1 stars This is Wakeman's worst album I have ever heard! I never heard an album this silly, uninspired, and talentless from a talented artist such as Wakeman.

This is Wakeman's hole, after this album he will try to climb back up, but takes a long while to do that. Thankfully, he did not make material this weak in the 80s.

While some songs show Wakeman playing mildly interesting themes like dark or Dragon, the album is horrible and seems like a joke! However, the single is slightly amusing and catchy, if in a bad way.

DO NOT BUY

My Grade: Worst Album Ever

The CD version of this album has a few added instrumental tracks that are superior to the songs featured here. They are not bad, but I still cannot give this album 2 stars.

Send comments to Zitro (BETA) | Report this review (#41586) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 04, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars There seems to a pretty strong consensus regarding the (lack of) merits of this album and I have no intention to depart from this common wisdom - this album is indeed pretty awful! However, I think it is worth a listen as a piece of highly comic entertainment. I'm sure that Rick himself would laugh at this album just as the rest of us do, several of the songs are clearly meant as jokes. I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo, Maybe '80 and Do You Believe In Fairies are typical in this category. As far as I know this is the only album on which Rick sings himself! However, his voice fits these comic and tremendously silly lyrics pretty well! The extremely cheesy cover art reinforces my interpretation of this album as a joke. After all Rick is a comedian, often telling jokes on his tours, radio shows, etc.

This album exists in two different versions, the original version and a plus version. The plus version opens with an instrumental called Return Of The Prophet which is actually quite good. It reminds me of Statue Of Justice from Criminal Record and is clearly the best track from this otherwise weak album. Alpha Sleep, March Of The Child Soldiers and Stalemate are also not that bad, even if not particularly memorable.

I have this album on vinyl as well as on mp3. The mp3 version of the original album has awful sound, probably a transfer from vinyl. But the extra tracks on the plus version had much better sound.

I give this one star referring to the original album, I could maybe give two stars to the plus version.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#209045) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars Break or not to break ? I mean ratings, so far, 5 collab reviews and all of them with 1-star. Should I do the same or make change to 2, or even 3 ? It all depends on how good this music is.

Fortunately, I have CD version, which starts with quite good. Not just quite, but very good. But after this song, I started to worry a little bit. OK, I'll lay my cards on the table. Not just little bit, but (you know), a lot. At first seconds of first "original" track, this I'm So Straight I'm a Weirdo I was stunned and thought what the hell this can be. Then brain functions returned and I started to think again. There is actually something enjoyable in these tracks. Not much, but it's here (some twists, even drums are terrible.

These songs are terribly flawed by various factors, but when I try to dig some good out of them, like golden nuggets for goldminer, it is possible. Let's be fair here, it is bad, but not that bad. Bonus tracks are good and even these original ones are worth of something. Actually higher than you would thought.

3(-) and I'm damned, but I feel it that way.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#290460) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review by Gatot
1 stars With an excellent rating of previous album 1984 this one was really a huge drop in the musical quality of Rick Wakeman, even though he said that this album was actually crafted before 1984 was released and should be released under the band name of Kudos. But finally he released it under his name. It's a mistake, as he admitted. I was lucky when it was released I could sense from the cover that did not seem quite prog if I compared with 1984, King Arthur, Journey or Six Wives. Finally, I could only say that only the opening track "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo" (3:54) that's worth listening to because it's quirky and funny. The rest is just an instrumental piece with no soul and they don't represent the kind of music Rick had been playing.

I thought the album was about Rick's virtuosity in rock music but actually, as he said it, that this is an album about the women around his life. Whatever the story is, the music does not sell, really. This album is for completionists. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#448268) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

3 stars If you want pathetic sympho-art-prog rock in style of "King Arthur" - leave this album and take something else from immence discography of Rick. If you want good music from Rick - listen to it. Music was written in the end of 70s after Rick left Yes. Rick tried to parody style of Buggles and ... (read more)

Report this review (#443563) | Posted by Sergey Lenkov | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Being one who has actually listened to this entire catastrophe, I feel qualified to give my opinion. That being said, my review does not cover the added bonus tracks, which is a shame, since they are far superior to what is on the original album. All that really needs to be said is that this c ... (read more)

Report this review (#443554) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Rock N Roll Prophet"