ROCK N ROLL PROPHET

Rick Wakeman Rock N Roll Prophet album cover

Poor. Only for completionists

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. I'm so straight I'm a weirdo (3:54)
2. The dragon (3:34)
3. Dark (5:07)
4. Maybe '80 (5:27)
5. Early warning (3:34)
6. Spy of '55 (5:07)
7. Do you believe in fairies? (4:29)
8. Rock'n'roll prophet (4:40)

Bonus tracks on cd release:
1. Return of the prophet (6:03)
Lp tracks 1-2-3
5. Alpha sleep (6:00)
Lp track 4
7. March of the child soldiers (6:05)
Lp tracks 5-6
10. Stalemate (5:55)
Lp tracks 7-8

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards, synthesizers, vocals
+ Gaston Balmer / percussion
- Lilianne Lauber / backing vocals

Lp. Moon Records LUNA LP 1 / Cd. President RW 12 (1991)

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
Fontana a&M 1990
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
White RockWhite Rock
Real Gone Music 2014
Return to the Centre of the EarthReturn to the Centre of the Earth
Write Notes 2014
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
YES + RICK WAKEMAN 2014 UK Tour Flyer Sheffield Events Programme ticket US $4.88 Buy It Now 32m 23s
Yes Rick Wakeman - White Rock Japan LP Mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN LP JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH + booklet US $13.86 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Rick Wakeman - Out of the Blue (Live Recording, 2014) US $9.77 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - OUT THERE: OFFICIAL REMASTERED EDITION (UK) NEW CD US $32.38 Buy It Now 2h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN Rhapsodies DOUBLE LP1979 UK EXCELLENT CONDITION VINYL RECORD US $16.29 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Rick Wakeman Criminal Record 2014 release US $9.77 [1 bids]
CD Rick Wakeman 'Stella Bianca' w/ Mario Fasciano on Purple Pyramid 2000 SEALED US $0.99 [1 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN 7 REPLICA'S TO THE ORIGINAL LP IN A JAPAN OBI CD Sealed Box Set US $509.99 Buy It Now 3h
Rick Wakeman - King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Rick Wakeman In Concert US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 51m
RICK WAKEMAN ~ THE MYTHS AND LENGENDS OF KING ARTHUR... ~ PROMO LP ~ YES US $42.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives Of Henry VIII 6 Track Vinyl Album US $15.07 Buy It Now 4h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN Journey To The Centre Of The Earth LP with booklet US $19.57 Buy It Now 4h 8m
The Family Album by Rick Wakeman (CD, Relativity (Label)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Rhapsodies DOUBLE LP *EXCELLENT* Bombay Duck Rhapsody In Blue US $16.31 Buy It Now 4h 22m
RICK WAKEMAN LP RECORD *THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII* A&M SP 4361 EX US $3.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman : Voyage: The Very Best of Rick Wakeman (2CD) (2CDs) US $4.88 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Live in Nottingham - CD - New US $4.88 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN criminal record LP 6 track (amlk64660) uk a&m 1977 US $10.08 Buy It Now 5h 32m
LISZTOMANIA OST Orig 1975 LP Roger Daltrey RICK WAKEMAN Ringo Starr YES The Who US $12.95 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Rick Wakeman, "White Rock", The Original - Motion Picture Soundtrack US $5.19 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN White Rock A&M RECORDS LP AMLH 64614! US $9.77 Buy It Now 6h 23m
AL STEWART PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE RICK WAKEMAN 1974 JANUS STERLING LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR - A&M LP - WLP + 12 PG COLOR BKLET US $19.95 Buy It Now 6h 41m
CD ALBUM,FROST IN SPACE.RICK WAKEMAN.220785-205 US $17.84 Buy It Now 6h 46m
RICK WAKEMAN MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR & THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN, JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH - LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 7h 4m
ODYSSEY FROM ALTEC LP Lani HALL Rick WAKEMAN Larry LEVINE 1973 A US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur SP-4515 With Booklet US $6.97 Buy It Now 8h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN / YES + 4 LP LOT + RARE + US $14.98 [0 bids]
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2005, A US $4.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Myths & Legends of King Arthur - A&M - 1974 US $19.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Cost of Living CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Rock RICK WAKEMAN Journey To the Center Of The Earth NM SP-3156 EB862 US $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 25m
RICK WAKEMAN Myths Legends King Arthur NEAR MINT ORIG 1975 US Press US $3.96 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN SIX WIVES OF HENRY THE VIII SP-4361 VINYL LP '73 GREAT COND! VG++!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 12h 5m
2000 A.D. Into the Future by Rick Wakeman (CD, Dec-1991, Pres) US $1.52 [3 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry VIII SP4361 US ORIGINAL prog rock VG+++1 US $11.97 Buy It Now 12h 35m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth SP3621 + BOOKLET 1974 crc club  US $14.62 Buy It Now 12h 35m
The Myths and Legends of King Arthur LP Rick Wakeman US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman ?- The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur Japanese orig' A US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Rick Wakeman & Adam , Audio CD, Romance of the Victorian US $207.06 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives Of Henry VIII 12" LP Vinyl Record A&M SP-4361 VG US $4.99 [0 bids]
[LP] Rick Wakeman,Criminal Record (A&M) 1 St USA 1977 US $8.39 Buy It Now 15h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN THE CLASSIC TRACKS 1994 JAPAN CD OBI 1600yen COCY SEALED 1ST PRESS US $49.99 Buy It Now 15h 33m
RICK WAKEMAN Rock'n Roll Prophet JAPAN LP Promo White label NM w/OBI 35001-25 US $17.99 Buy It Now 15h 45m
RICK WAKEMAN - SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII: LIVE AT HAMPTON COURT NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 15h 49m
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 LP 10 track with inner sleeve (6302136) aussie charisma 1981 US $8.14 Buy It Now 16h 2m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth LP 4 track gatefold booklet slee US $8.14 Buy It Now 16h 3m
RICK WAKEMAN live at hammersmith LP 4 track recorded live at hammersmith odeon 1 US $8.14 Buy It Now 16h 3m
RICK WAKEMAN rhapsodies LP 18 track double album in gatefold sleeve but has wear US $8.14 Buy It Now 16h 3m
RICK WAKEMAN rhapsodies LP 18 track double in gatefold but has light edge wear t US $8.14 Buy It Now 16h 3m
RICK WAKEMAN - SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII NEW CD US $8.92 Buy It Now 16h 19m
Slip Double: Rick Wakeman : The Six Wives Live Hampton Court 01 05 09 US $24.45 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Slip Double: Strawbs : 40th Ann Celebration Vol 2 : Rick Wakeman US $24.45 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Rick Wakeman No Earthly Connection LP AMLK64583 US $8.16 Buy It Now 18h 6m
RICK WAKEMAN~NO EARTHLY CONNECTION [A1/B1] 1976 US $4.89 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Live - VP250CD US $9.85 Buy It Now 19h 15m
Cirque Surreal by Rick Wakeman Band/Rick Wakeman (CD, Aug-2010, Edsel (UK)) US $13.71 Buy It Now 19h 32m
Live At Hammersmith [IMPORT] by Rick Wakeman (Mar-1994, Cas) US $14.44 Buy It Now 19h 32m
Classical Variations by Rick Wakeman (CD, Feb-2002, President) US $14.44 Buy It Now 19h 32m
Zodiaque by Rick Wakeman (CD, Dec-1991, Emi/Virgin) US $14.22 Buy It Now 19h 33m
Wakeman with Wakeman by Adam Wakeman/Rick Wakeman (CD, President) US $14.44 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Chronicles of Man by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2011, President) US $14.44 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Silent Nights by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jan-1992, Pres) US $14.44 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Rick Wakeman - Rock N' Roll Prophet Plus US $14.83 Buy It Now 20h 17m
[LP] Rick Wakeman,The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (A&M Records) {EX} UK1973 Prog FOC US $7.20 Buy It Now 20h 18m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII ~ Gatefold LP 1973 A&M SP 4361 EX yes US $2.50 Buy It Now 20h 19m
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth - A & M Records SP-3621 US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN 'FIELDS OF GREEN' (Remastered) CD (2014) US $17.93 Buy It Now 21h 16m
AYREON THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING 2 CD IMPORT 2013 MINT PROG RICK WAKEMAN US $2.83 [3 bids]
Rick Wakeman ?- Journey To The Centre Of The Earth US $3.74 Buy It Now 22h 2m
THE STRAWBS FROM THE WITCHWOOD LP RICK WAKEMAN US $16.00 Buy It Now 22h 34m
RICK WAKEMAN-MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR 1975 A&M RECORDS LP SP-3230 EXC. VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 39m
Rick Wakeman six wives henry VIII VG+ vinyl LP "Budget" Free shipping over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1989 WITHOUT BARCODE YES US $49.99 Buy It Now 23h 17m
RICK WAKEMAN RETURN TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 23h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN UK 1982 VINYL LP Rock 'N' Roll Prophet LUNALP1 US $6.51 Buy It Now 23h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN UK VINYL LP 1984 with INNER SLEEVE US $8.14 Buy It Now 23h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN - THE CLASSIC TRACKS (CD) (REF E2) US $6.51 Buy It Now 23h 56m
SOUNDTRACK LP: WHITE ROCK Soundtrack INNSBRUCK Winter Games RICK WAKEMAN A US $9.95 Buy It Now 23h 57m
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives Of Henry VIII '73 Keyboards vs Wives LP VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Out There: Official Remastered Edition [CD New] US $20.51 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN- SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII VINYL ALBUM US $3.67 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN DO YOU BELIEVE IN FARIES / IM SO STRAIGHT IM A WIERDO 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Live - Polish Press US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE TAPE RICK WAKEMAN THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jackie Magazine 30 October 1971 No.408 David Cassidy The Faces Rick Wakeman US $48.93 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - RARE - URUGUAY (4 pics) US $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN "1984" 1981 LP ORIG NM CHARISMA w/ INSERT PROG YES JON ANDERSON US $4.99 [0 bids]
YES Yesterdays New CD Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman Prog Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jackie Magazine 9 August 1975 No.605 Rick Wakeman Kenny David Essex US $40.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Journey CD Classic Tracks Revisited US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH A & M 1974 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Journey to the Centre of the Earth / Criminal Records CD 2 in1 RUS US $11.99 [0 bids]
Joan Baez on Magazine Cover Pete Seeger The Kingston Trio Rick Wakeman US $12.23 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - NO EARTHLY CONNECTION (LP) 1976 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2005, A US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Rick Wakeman (CD, Mar-2003, A&M (USA)) US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN No Earthly Connection GP-2002 OBI LP Af5251 US $7.99 [1 bids]

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Profits of doom

As someone who loves much of what Rick Wakeman does, it pains me to listen to albums such as this which bear his good name.

Several of the tracks, including "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo", and "Do you believe in Fairies" see Wakeman actually attempting to sing(!), backed by Lilianne Lauber. Now Wakeman is a unquestionably a master of the keyboards, but a singer, never. It doesn't help that these two tracks are poor to start with. The latter is nothing more than a simple children's' song.

The "Prophet" reference in the title is presumably a play on words with the type of synthesiser Wakeman uses. Most of the other tracks find him noodling away on it on his own, occasional adding more vocals such as on the semi-spoken "Maybe '80". This track, which has pretty dumb lyrics, has echoes of themes from his "1984" album which was recorded around the same time.

Overall, there's a distinct lack of effort here. There are plenty of fine Rick Wakeman albums to chose from. "Rock'n'roll prophet" is not one of them.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#27506) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2004

Review by ghost_of_morphy
1 stars God help us all.

This has to be one of the worst albums ever released. We could sum up the spirit of the album by saying that it's a joke.

I mean that literally. I imagine that Rick honestly thought tracks like "I'm so straight I'm a wierdo," "Do you believe in fairies," and "Rock and Roll Prophet" were hilarious when he recorded them. By the time they get pressed onto the vinyl, however, all of the fun has been sucked out of them and they sound pathetically offbeat, even for novelty songs.

The rest of the album has all the hallmarks of being rushed, with Rick drifting planlessly up and down the keyboard.

Rick sings his own vocals on this album. It's hard to believe, but this album actually made me miss Ashley Holt.

If you are collecting everything that Rick has ever released (quite a formidable task) then this is probably the album that you want to buy last. If you can stand not having a complete collection of Wakeman's works, skip this embarrassing album.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#40020) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 22, 2005

Review by Zitro
1 stars This is Wakeman's worst album I have ever heard! I never heard an album this silly, uninspired, and talentless from a talented artist such as Wakeman.

This is Wakeman's hole, after this album he will try to climb back up, but takes a long while to do that. Thankfully, he did not make material this weak in the 80s.

While some songs show Wakeman playing mildly interesting themes like dark or Dragon, the album is horrible and seems like a joke! However, the single is slightly amusing and catchy, if in a bad way.

DO NOT BUY

My Grade: Worst Album Ever

The CD version of this album has a few added instrumental tracks that are superior to the songs featured here. They are not bad, but I still cannot give this album 2 stars.

Send comments to Zitro (BETA) | Report this review (#41586) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 04, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars There seems to a pretty strong consensus regarding the (lack of) merits of this album and I have no intention to depart from this common wisdom - this album is indeed pretty awful! However, I think it is worth a listen as a piece of highly comic entertainment. I'm sure that Rick himself would laugh at this album just as the rest of us do, several of the songs are clearly meant as jokes. I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo, Maybe '80 and Do You Believe In Fairies are typical in this category. As far as I know this is the only album on which Rick sings himself! However, his voice fits these comic and tremendously silly lyrics pretty well! The extremely cheesy cover art reinforces my interpretation of this album as a joke. After all Rick is a comedian, often telling jokes on his tours, radio shows, etc.

This album exists in two different versions, the original version and a plus version. The plus version opens with an instrumental called Return Of The Prophet which is actually quite good. It reminds me of Statue Of Justice from Criminal Record and is clearly the best track from this otherwise weak album. Alpha Sleep, March Of The Child Soldiers and Stalemate are also not that bad, even if not particularly memorable.

I have this album on vinyl as well as on mp3. The mp3 version of the original album has awful sound, probably a transfer from vinyl. But the extra tracks on the plus version had much better sound.

I give this one star referring to the original album, I could maybe give two stars to the plus version.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#209045) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars Break or not to break ? I mean ratings, so far, 5 collab reviews and all of them with 1-star. Should I do the same or make change to 2, or even 3 ? It all depends on how good this music is.

Fortunately, I have CD version, which starts with quite good. Not just quite, but very good. But after this song, I started to worry a little bit. OK, I'll lay my cards on the table. Not just little bit, but (you know), a lot. At first seconds of first "original" track, this I'm So Straight I'm a Weirdo I was stunned and thought what the hell this can be. Then brain functions returned and I started to think again. There is actually something enjoyable in these tracks. Not much, but it's here (some twists, even drums are terrible.

These songs are terribly flawed by various factors, but when I try to dig some good out of them, like golden nuggets for goldminer, it is possible. Let's be fair here, it is bad, but not that bad. Bonus tracks are good and even these original ones are worth of something. Actually higher than you would thought.

3(-) and I'm damned, but I feel it that way.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#290460) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review by Gatot
1 stars With an excellent rating of previous album 1984 this one was really a huge drop in the musical quality of Rick Wakeman, even though he said that this album was actually crafted before 1984 was released and should be released under the band name of Kudos. But finally he released it under his name. It's a mistake, as he admitted. I was lucky when it was released I could sense from the cover that did not seem quite prog if I compared with 1984, King Arthur, Journey or Six Wives. Finally, I could only say that only the opening track "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo" (3:54) that's worth listening to because it's quirky and funny. The rest is just an instrumental piece with no soul and they don't represent the kind of music Rick had been playing.

I thought the album was about Rick's virtuosity in rock music but actually, as he said it, that this is an album about the women around his life. Whatever the story is, the music does not sell, really. This album is for completionists. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#448268) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

3 stars If you want pathetic sympho-art-prog rock in style of "King Arthur" - leave this album and take something else from immence discography of Rick. If you want good music from Rick - listen to it. Music was written in the end of 70s after Rick left Yes. Rick tried to parody style of Buggles and ... (read more)

Report this review (#443563) | Posted by Sergey Lenkov | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Being one who has actually listened to this entire catastrophe, I feel qualified to give my opinion. That being said, my review does not cover the added bonus tracks, which is a shame, since they are far superior to what is on the original album. All that really needs to be said is that this c ... (read more)

Report this review (#443554) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Rock N Roll Prophet"