ROCK N ROLL PROPHET

Rick Wakeman Rock N Roll Prophet album cover

Poor. Only for completionists

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. I'm so straight I'm a weirdo (3:54)
2. The dragon (3:34)
3. Dark (5:07)
4. Maybe '80 (5:27)
5. Early warning (3:34)
6. Spy of '55 (5:07)
7. Do you believe in fairies? (4:29)
8. Rock'n'roll prophet (4:40)

Bonus tracks on cd release:
1. Return of the prophet (6:03)
Lp tracks 1-2-3
5. Alpha sleep (6:00)
Lp track 4
7. March of the child soldiers (6:05)
Lp tracks 5-6
10. Stalemate (5:55)
Lp tracks 7-8

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards, synthesizers, vocals
+ Gaston Balmer / percussion
- Lilianne Lauber / backing vocals

Lp. Moon Records LUNA LP 1 / Cd. President RW 12 (1991)

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet Music

White RockWhite Rock
Real Gone Music 2014
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
Live at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on IceLive at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on Ice
United States Dist 2014
Rick Wakeman's Criminal RecordRick Wakeman's Criminal Record
Real Gone Music 2014
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
19841984
Music Fusion 2011
RICK WAKEMAN Journey To The Centre Of The Earth "Live" 1974 LP A1 cond! US $9.78 Buy It Now 47m 57s
Rick Wakeman - Criminal Record SHM CD mini LP 2009 Japan VERY RARE OOP! US $50.00 Buy It Now 49m 43s
Rick Wakeman - Rhapsodies SHM CD mini LP 2009 Japan UICY-94248 VERY RARE OOP!!!! US $70.00 Buy It Now 50m 22s
Rick Wakeman & Adam Wakeman - Tapestries CD V&A President US $12.99 Buy It Now 52m 42s
THE RICK WAKEMAN BAND ft CHAKA KHAN, ROBOT MAN / 1984 OVERTURE PART ONE. (1981) US $1.68 [0 bids]
54m 24s
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth LP A&M Records 1974 US $3.74 Buy It Now 1h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN Lisztomania OST LP Ken Russell Roger Daltrey US $20.40 Buy It Now 2h 35m
RICK WAKEMAN - GLORY BOYS 7" VINYL PS US $9.33 Buy It Now 3h 32m
RICK WAKEMAN - GLORY BOYS 7" VINYL PS US $9.33 Buy It Now 3h 32m
RICK WAKEMAN - I'M SO STRAIGHT I'M A WEIRDO 7" VINYL PS US $7.63 Buy It Now 3h 32m
STRAWBS Just a Collection of Antiques & Curios Live LP Dave Cousins Rick Wakeman US $24.97 Buy It Now 3h 48m
RICK WAKEMAN / ADAM WAKEMAN - NO EXPENSE SPARED NEW CD US $22.50 Buy It Now 5h 2m
LISZTOMANIA SOUNDTRACK 1975 LP RICK WAKEMAN / ROGER DALTREY **FACTORY SEALED** US $14.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, LP, EX/EX Condition US $5.95 Buy It Now 5h 36m
RICK WAKEMAN "NM WAX" Journey to The Center of The Earth GP-226 LP AD3451 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman 'Ambitions - Journey To The Center Of The Earth' 2005 13-track 2CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman : Cost of Living CD (1995) US $8.98 Buy It Now 6h 24m
? Strawbs - Strawbs by Choice (A&M) (UK) (Dave Cousins) (Rick Wakeman on 2 cuts) US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
CD: No Earthly Connection - Rick Wakeman - Sealed US $20.93 Buy It Now 7h 8m
CRIMES OF PASSION Original Soundtrack by Rick Wakeman (CD,1984, Cinerama, Edel) US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Rick Wakeman - Six Wives of Henry VIII - 1973 - LP - NM US $18.00 Buy It Now 7h 39m
THE STRAWBS - JUST A COLLECTION OF ANTIQUES & CURIOS LIVE w/ RICK WAKEMAN CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 7h 53m
Rick Wakeman - No Earthly Connection 1976 Canada 8 Track Tape EXC prog rock YES US $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Rick Wakeman - White Rock 1977 A&M Canada 8 Track Tape NM prog rock YES US $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 7m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LP RECORD ALBUM! (1973) US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN The Myths and Legends of King Arthur A&M Records LP GATEFOLD US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN THE MYTHS LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM! (1975) US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH LP RECORD ALBUM! (1974) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Tribute To The Beatles JAPAN CD OBI 1997 VICP-60086 RARE US $48.99 Buy It Now 11h 52m
RICK WAKEMAN Rhapsodies 2xLP NM/EX++ UK 1st 1979 A&M AMLX 68508 Gatefold US $11.90 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Rick Wakeman Live, Wakeman, Rick, New Live US $9.96 Buy It Now 12h 50m
RICK WAKEMAN-THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII-JAPAN ISSUE GF 4CH STEREO +OBI iii US $99.99 Buy It Now 13h 18m
Six Wives of Henry Viiith, Rick Wakeman, New Import US $23.39 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Six Wives Of Henry VIII Rick Wakeman LP SP4361 EX US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth - A & M Records SP-3621 US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - 2000 A.D. INTO THE FUTURE - NEW CD US $11.02 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Rick Wakeman - Rick Wakeman (2004) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 17h 38m
Rick Wakeman-Journey to the Centre of the Earth RARE CD Prog Rock Yes ELO ELP US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h
Rick Wakeman-Aspirant Sunrise RARE CD Prog Rock Yes ELO ELP US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h
Yes-Union RARE CD Prog Rock Jon Anderson Steve Howe Tony Kaye Rick Wakeman Alan US $8.99 Buy It Now 18h 3m
UK import RICK WAKEMAN Classic Tracks CD YES STRAWBS Store For Music NEW Sealed US $7.80 Buy It Now 18h 7m
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Center Of The Earth LP Quadraphonic W/ Poster A US $39.95 Buy It Now 18h 10m
YES (2 CD) TOPOGRAPHY : THE YES ANTHOLOGY ~ 70's PSYCHEDELIC RICK WAKEMAN *NEW* US $19.79 Buy It Now 18h 51m
RICK WAKEMAN SILENT NIGHTS JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP A&M Records QU 54361 US $3.50 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - CRIMES OF PASSION - UK OST 33T LP NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
YES (Two GATEFOLD albums) The Yes Album AND Close To The Edge (Rick Wakeman) US $34.00 [0 bids]
YES promo CD SAVING MY HEART Trevor Rabin Rick Wakeman Chris Squire Bill Bruford US $14.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives Of Henry VIII 12" LP Vinyl Record A&M SP-4361 VG US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
YES LP Tormato 1978 Atlantic rick wakeman jon anderson steve howe SD 19202 US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h
RICK WAKEMAN-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 A&M REC. SP-3621 VG+ YES US $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN - SONGS OF MIDDLE EARTH (INSPIRED BY LORD OF THE RINGS) CD NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 51m
RICK WAKEMAN - TIME MACHINE [RICK WAKEMAN] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $8.93 Buy It Now 21h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN glory boys 12" 3 track b/w ghosts of a rock & roll star and elgin m US $8.48 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Rick Wakeman(Vinyl LP)White Rock Soundtrack-UK-AMLH 64614-A & M-Ex/Ex US $15.28 Buy It Now 22h 52m
JON ANDERSON BILL BRUFORD RICK WAKEMAN STEVE HOWE 1989 JAPAN CD A32D-83 NO OBI US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN-Into Orbit-Strawbs/YES/Keyboards/Synthesizer/PIANO/Beatles/STONES US $10.29 Buy It Now 22h 55m
Rock Music Closeout, Rick Wakeman, King Arthur, A&M US $1.29 [0 bids]
Rock Music Closeout, Rick Wakeman, Rhapsodies, A&M US $1.29 [0 bids]
Rock Music Closeout, Rick Wakeman, Six Wives of Henry VIII, A&M US $0.79 [0 bids]
23h
Rock Music Closeout, Rick Wakeman, White Rock, A&M US $0.79 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman, Journey To The Centre of the Earth, LP. US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Rick Wakeman cost of living 1983 cd US $6.15 Buy It Now 23h 52m
Rick Wakeman Live CD NEW SEALED Journey To The Centre Of The Earth/Anne Boleyn+ US $10.18 Buy It Now 23h 56m
Rick Wakeman , white rock ,pressed ex yugo lp US $8.00 Buy It Now 23h 58m
Rick Wakeman's Greatest Hits by Rick Wakeman (CD,1994, 2 Discs, Herald/Caroline) US $14.00 [0 bids]
1974 RECORD ALBUM LP RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH VINYL VG+ US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman "Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record" LP Canada Import in Stereo US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry Vlll Lp Colombia US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur LP A&M EX++ US $7.23 Buy It Now 1 day
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH RICK WAKEMAN US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes GREATEST HITS CD RICK WAKEMAN ALAN WHITE US $5.20 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Journey to the Centre of Earth LP + POSTER US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN: Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN "PROMO / NM WAX / POSTER" No Earthly GP-2002 OBI LP AB3852 US $7.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN'S JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH LP NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Rhapsodies 2lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAWBS/Rick Wakeman +from the witchwood+RARE+1971+ US $9.98 [0 bids]
Journey to the Center of the Earth/Rick Wakeman Vintage Vinyl LP Album US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN THE MYTHS&LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR&THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" LP vinyl record gatefold 1972 A US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES '90125"steve howe solo album "tormato gtr record rick wakeman (8) records US $8.50 [0 bids]
FABIO ZUFFANTI Merlin The Rock Opera 2CD Reissue PROG (Finisterre, Rick Wakeman) US $29.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman-Criminal Record-LP-A&M-SP 4660-Promo-OG Sleeve-Near Mint-Vinyl US $3.69 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN LP 4515 MYTH & LEGENDS of KING ARTHUR 0830 C VG+ (LP-6471) US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN LP SP 4515 ARTHUR GUINEVERE GALAHAD 0827 R VG/EX C VG (LP-6390) US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman-Myths And Legens Of King Arthur Knights Of Round Table-LP-Gatefold US $5.29 [0 bids]
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (MFSL Gold CD)NEW, SEALED US $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Myths Legends King Arthur NEAR MINT ORIG 1975 US Press US $5.98 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII EXCELLENT ORIGINAL VINYL LP US $5.98 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - QUADRAPHONIC THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII - A&M RECORDS LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Evening of Yes Music Plus - Anderson Bruford RICK Wakeman STEVE Howe 2 CD OOP US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN-Out Of The Blue CD-Brand New US $14.06 Buy It Now 1 day
YES "NM WAX" 1972 JP Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman LP E0876 US $149.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN DAILY ERROR PROGRAMME 1980 + TICKET TAPED INSIDE - US $26.35 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry viii AMLH 64361 A2/B2 uk a&m LP PS EX/EX US $15.28 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - PHANTOM OF THE OPERA [RICK WAKEMAN] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $9.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Cirque Surreal (CD)- MFVP115CD US $13.58 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN-RECOLLCTIONS-THE VERY BEST OF RICK WAKEMAN-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B43 US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - WHITE ROCK NEW CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Rock N Roll Prophet reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Profits of doom

As someone who loves much of what Rick Wakeman does, it pains me to listen to albums such as this which bear his good name.

Several of the tracks, including "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo", and "Do you believe in Fairies" see Wakeman actually attempting to sing(!), backed by Lilianne Lauber. Now Wakeman is a unquestionably a master of the keyboards, but a singer, never. It doesn't help that these two tracks are poor to start with. The latter is nothing more than a simple children's' song.

The "Prophet" reference in the title is presumably a play on words with the type of synthesiser Wakeman uses. Most of the other tracks find him noodling away on it on his own, occasional adding more vocals such as on the semi-spoken "Maybe '80". This track, which has pretty dumb lyrics, has echoes of themes from his "1984" album which was recorded around the same time.

Overall, there's a distinct lack of effort here. There are plenty of fine Rick Wakeman albums to chose from. "Rock'n'roll prophet" is not one of them.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#27506) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2004

Review by ghost_of_morphy
1 stars God help us all.

This has to be one of the worst albums ever released. We could sum up the spirit of the album by saying that it's a joke.

I mean that literally. I imagine that Rick honestly thought tracks like "I'm so straight I'm a wierdo," "Do you believe in fairies," and "Rock and Roll Prophet" were hilarious when he recorded them. By the time they get pressed onto the vinyl, however, all of the fun has been sucked out of them and they sound pathetically offbeat, even for novelty songs.

The rest of the album has all the hallmarks of being rushed, with Rick drifting planlessly up and down the keyboard.

Rick sings his own vocals on this album. It's hard to believe, but this album actually made me miss Ashley Holt.

If you are collecting everything that Rick has ever released (quite a formidable task) then this is probably the album that you want to buy last. If you can stand not having a complete collection of Wakeman's works, skip this embarrassing album.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#40020) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 22, 2005

Review by Zitro
1 stars This is Wakeman's worst album I have ever heard! I never heard an album this silly, uninspired, and talentless from a talented artist such as Wakeman.

This is Wakeman's hole, after this album he will try to climb back up, but takes a long while to do that. Thankfully, he did not make material this weak in the 80s.

While some songs show Wakeman playing mildly interesting themes like dark or Dragon, the album is horrible and seems like a joke! However, the single is slightly amusing and catchy, if in a bad way.

DO NOT BUY

My Grade: Worst Album Ever

The CD version of this album has a few added instrumental tracks that are superior to the songs featured here. They are not bad, but I still cannot give this album 2 stars.

Send comments to Zitro (BETA) | Report this review (#41586) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 04, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars There seems to a pretty strong consensus regarding the (lack of) merits of this album and I have no intention to depart from this common wisdom - this album is indeed pretty awful! However, I think it is worth a listen as a piece of highly comic entertainment. I'm sure that Rick himself would laugh at this album just as the rest of us do, several of the songs are clearly meant as jokes. I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo, Maybe '80 and Do You Believe In Fairies are typical in this category. As far as I know this is the only album on which Rick sings himself! However, his voice fits these comic and tremendously silly lyrics pretty well! The extremely cheesy cover art reinforces my interpretation of this album as a joke. After all Rick is a comedian, often telling jokes on his tours, radio shows, etc.

This album exists in two different versions, the original version and a plus version. The plus version opens with an instrumental called Return Of The Prophet which is actually quite good. It reminds me of Statue Of Justice from Criminal Record and is clearly the best track from this otherwise weak album. Alpha Sleep, March Of The Child Soldiers and Stalemate are also not that bad, even if not particularly memorable.

I have this album on vinyl as well as on mp3. The mp3 version of the original album has awful sound, probably a transfer from vinyl. But the extra tracks on the plus version had much better sound.

I give this one star referring to the original album, I could maybe give two stars to the plus version.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#209045) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars Break or not to break ? I mean ratings, so far, 5 collab reviews and all of them with 1-star. Should I do the same or make change to 2, or even 3 ? It all depends on how good this music is.

Fortunately, I have CD version, which starts with quite good. Not just quite, but very good. But after this song, I started to worry a little bit. OK, I'll lay my cards on the table. Not just little bit, but (you know), a lot. At first seconds of first "original" track, this I'm So Straight I'm a Weirdo I was stunned and thought what the hell this can be. Then brain functions returned and I started to think again. There is actually something enjoyable in these tracks. Not much, but it's here (some twists, even drums are terrible.

These songs are terribly flawed by various factors, but when I try to dig some good out of them, like golden nuggets for goldminer, it is possible. Let's be fair here, it is bad, but not that bad. Bonus tracks are good and even these original ones are worth of something. Actually higher than you would thought.

3(-) and I'm damned, but I feel it that way.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#290460) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review by Gatot
1 stars With an excellent rating of previous album 1984 this one was really a huge drop in the musical quality of Rick Wakeman, even though he said that this album was actually crafted before 1984 was released and should be released under the band name of Kudos. But finally he released it under his name. It's a mistake, as he admitted. I was lucky when it was released I could sense from the cover that did not seem quite prog if I compared with 1984, King Arthur, Journey or Six Wives. Finally, I could only say that only the opening track "I'm so straight I'm a weirdo" (3:54) that's worth listening to because it's quirky and funny. The rest is just an instrumental piece with no soul and they don't represent the kind of music Rick had been playing.

I thought the album was about Rick's virtuosity in rock music but actually, as he said it, that this is an album about the women around his life. Whatever the story is, the music does not sell, really. This album is for completionists. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#448268) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011

3 stars If you want pathetic sympho-art-prog rock in style of "King Arthur" - leave this album and take something else from immence discography of Rick. If you want good music from Rick - listen to it. Music was written in the end of 70s after Rick left Yes. Rick tried to parody style of Buggles and ... (read more)

Report this review (#443563) | Posted by Sergey Lenkov | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Being one who has actually listened to this entire catastrophe, I feel qualified to give my opinion. That being said, my review does not cover the added bonus tracks, which is a shame, since they are far superior to what is on the original album. All that really needs to be said is that this c ... (read more)

Report this review (#443554) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, May 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Rock N Roll Prophet"