LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH

- Rick Fenn / guitar, backing vocals
- Tony Fernandez / drums
- Gordon Neville / lead vocals, percussion

Lp. President RW 2
Lp. Pronit PLP 0089 (Poland) / Cd. President RW 02 (1987)

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Live at the Hammersmith Music

1984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 19811984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981
United States Dist 2014
Live at HammersmithLive at Hammersmith
President Records 1993
1984 - Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981(Cd+dvd) by Rick Wakeman [Music CD]1984 - Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981(Cd+dvd) by Rick Wakeman [Music CD]
Gonzo
Live At HammersmithLive At Hammersmith
Tbg
Vinyl$11.98 (used)
Live At Hammersmith - Rick Wakeman (2001, CD New) USD $12.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - 1984-Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981 [CD New] USD $16.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Rick Wakeman - Live At Hammersmith [CD New] USD $16.19 Buy It Now 2 days
RICK WAKEMAN-LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH-4 TRACK CD-RECORDED LIVE IN 1985-AUSTRALIA USD $8.10 Buy It Now 3 days
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984: LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON [REGION FREE] NEW DVD BOXSET USD $13.41 Buy It Now 3 days
Wakeman Rick - Live At Hammersmith CD USD $20.29 Buy It Now 3 days
1984: Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2014, 2... USD $14.12 Buy It Now 4 days
RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith LP 4 Track Recorded Live At Hamm USD $8.15 Buy It Now 4 days
RICK WAKEMAN LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH 1990 JAPAN CD OBI 2800yen JIM USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rick Wakeman - Live At Hammersmith 1985 Ex/Ex TBG RW2 USD $10.09 Buy It Now 5 days
Rick Wakeman - Live At Hammersmith 1985 Ex/Ex TBG RW2 USD $10.87 Buy It Now 5 days
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) - "Live At Hammersmith" CD 1985 1st UK - SEALED ORIG TBG USD $19.88 Buy It Now 7 days
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984-LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON 1981 NEW CD USD $21.72 Buy It Now 8 days
1984: Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2014, 2 USD $18.64 Buy It Now 9 days
Live at Hammersmith by Rick Wakeman (CD, Griffin) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith LP nMINT UK 1985 President Records USD $15.53 Buy It Now 12 days
Rick Wakeman - Live At Hammersmith - Near Mint USD $8.10 Buy It Now 15 days
RICK WAKEMAN LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH JAPAN CD OBI 2800yen USD $49.99 Buy It Now 15 days
RICK WAKEMAN - Live at Hammersmith (1 CD) [TBG/President Records] USD $4.01 Buy It Now 17 days
RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith 1986 HOLLAND / JAPAN CD issue USD $22.40 Buy It Now 19 days
Rick Wakeman - 1984 - Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981 (NEW CD+DVD) USD $23.31 Buy It Now 20 days
RICK WAKEMAN - LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH (UK) NEW CD USD $20.05 Buy It Now 20 days
1984-live At the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 - Wakeman,Rick New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CAS USD $23.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Live At Hammersmith - Rick Wakeman New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $23.89 Buy It Now 22 days
Live At Hammersmith/Rick Wakeman/YES/new cd USD $24.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Rick Wakeman vinyl LP album record Live At Hammersmith UK RW2 TBG/ PRESIDENT USD $31.16 Buy It Now 26 days
Rick Wakeman: LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH LP sealed USD $21.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Live At Hammersmith Rick Wakeman UK vinyl LP album record RW2 TBG/ PRESIDENT USD $24.80 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN Live at the Hammersmith ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Live at the Hammersmith reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This live performance was recorded on 9th May 1985 and it delivered Rick's masterpiece works from his previous ground-breaking albums: Journey To The Center of The Earth, Six Wives of Henry VIII, and The Myths & Legends of King Arthur. To "fully" enjoy this live set, you should have two prerequisites (I don't impose on you; but this is a kind of suggestion if you wish): 1. You have been familiar with that three albums; 2. You enjoy live recording. If only one of these prerequisites is fulfilled you might drop this live set from your listening pleasure and if you don't have both, you should skip this CD (after all, it's an expensive price - especially for me). As for my case, I have fulfilled those two so I really enjoy this live set.

If in original studio version Rick brought in orchestra musicians, not with this live performance; all orchestral arrangements are replaced with Rick's multi-layered keyboard sounds. For me, it's a treat that I can enjoy another version of them. All tracks are medley of its respective album like Arthur that comprises three original songs Arthur - Sir Galahad - Sir Lancelot as a medley and also three tracks from The Six Wives album. I fully enjoy this live set as the Wakeman music style in electronic fashion is delivered dynamically. Song like Arthur is performed in a faster tempo with Gordon Neville looks after vocal department replacing Ashley Holt (my favorite Wakeman's vocalist). The guitar solo parts are also performed wonderfully. Tony Fernandez has always been an excellent wakeman's drummer. Basically, all musicians who contributed for this album was the ones who contributed at Silent Nights album. With Gordon on vocals, it's for me like having an alternative vocalist than regular Ashley Holt. And I enjoy his voice. My ultimate satisfaction is reached when the band play Journey and Merlin (oh man . I love the keyboard interplay!).

There was a memorable backstage problem that Rick himself said it clearly: "There was a power failure during the show and so I walked to the front and told jokes for 45 minutes. At the end of the show I was told that I had to pay a penalty for going into overtime. I protested that it was not my fault because of the power failure and in fact I had done pretty well by telling gags for almost an hour. I was then politely told that the power was actually put back on after 3 minutes but I had carried on doing a stand up act regardless. I paid the fine.". Despite this problem, Rick and his band still performed the job excellently!

Overall, I'm tempted to give this album as an excellent live performance and it's probably one of the finest live set by Rick Wakeman. It's true with me. But as far as wider audience with the possibility of not fulfilling what I put as the prerequisites (mentioned at above paragraph) I would give this a three stars plus. Keep on proggin' ..!

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39394) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2005

4 stars This live recording is among the finest in Progressive Rock History. Presenting Journey To The Centre Of The Earth, Arthur & Merlin (From The Myths And Legends...album). The Rick Wakeman Band puts together the fine craftmanship of a prog rock band playing these songs without the orchestral arr ... (read more)

Report this review (#27511) | Posted by | Monday, January 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Live at the Hammersmith"