LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH

- Rick Fenn / guitar, backing vocals
- Tony Fernandez / drums
- Gordon Neville / lead vocals, percussion

1985 President Records

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith Music

1984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 19811984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981
Rraw 2014
Live at HammersmithLive at Hammersmith
President Records 1993
1984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by RICK WAKEMAN (2014-10-21)1984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by RICK WAKEMAN (2014-10-21)
United States Dist
Live at Hammersmith by Rick Wakeman (1993-10-25)Live at Hammersmith by Rick Wakeman (1993-10-25)
President
Live at Hammersmith by WAKEMAN,RICK (1993-10-25)Live at Hammersmith by WAKEMAN,RICK (1993-10-25)
President Records
1984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by Wakeman, Rick (2014-06-10)1984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by Wakeman, Rick (2014-06-10)
United States Dist
Live At HammersmithLive At Hammersmith
Tbg
Vinyl$10.29 (used)

RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith LP VINYL 4 Track Recorded Live At Hammersmith USD $6.34 Buy It Now 9h 12m
RICK WAKEMAN-1984 - LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON 1981 (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $18.91 Buy It Now 2 days
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 140g white vinyl 2 LP SEALED/NEW USD $19.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At Hammersmith - Rick Wakeman Compact Disc USD $16.74 Buy It Now 4 days
1984-Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by Rick Wakeman [Format: Audio CD] NEW USD $24.17 Buy It Now 4 days
Rick Wakeman - 1984: Live at Hammersmith Odeon (2015) Limited White Vinyl NEW USD $16.46 Buy It Now 8 days
Rick Wakeman: LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH LP sealed USD $21.00 Buy It Now 10 days
RICK WAKEMAN LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH 1990 JAPAN CD OBI 2800yen JIM USD $39.99 Buy It Now 13 days
1984: Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 by Rick Wakeman. USD $44.57 Buy It Now 14 days
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) - "Live At Hammersmith" CD - 1985 1st UK - SEALED - ORIG TBG USD $11.88 Buy It Now 15 days
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 140g white vinyl 2LP SEALED/NEW USD $25.41 Buy It Now 17 days
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 140g white vinyl 2LP SEALED/NEW USD $24.87 Buy It Now 18 days
Rick Wakeman - Live at Hammersmith 1985 CD NM Rare (W.GERMANY) 1986 RWCD2 Prog USD $10.05 Buy It Now 18 days
CASSETTE: RICK WAKEMAN Live at Hammersmith ROCK POP PROG YES USD $6.34 Buy It Now 19 days
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984: LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON 1981, WHITE vinyl 2LP, SEALED USD $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Live At the Hammersmith Odeon 1981 - Wakeman,Rick LP USD $41.10 Buy It Now 25 days
RICK WAKEMAN - LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH - 1985 LP EX/EX - BUY MORE COMBINE POSTAGE!! USD $10.17 Buy It Now 25 days
RICK WAKEMAN-1984 - LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON 1981(CD+DVD) CD NEW USD $19.79 Buy It Now 26 days
WAKEMAN, Rick - 1984: Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981 - Vinyl (LP) USD $19.31 Buy It Now 26 days
RICK WAKEMAN - 1981: LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON (GATEFOLD) - 2 VINYL SET USD $26.94 Buy It Now 26 days
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984-LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEO 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $42.01 Buy It Now 26 days
Rick Wakeman - 1984-Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981 [Vinyl New] USD $29.60 Buy It Now 27 days
RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith 1986 HOLLAND / JAPAN CD issue USD $21.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Rick Wakeman - 1984:Live at Hammersmith Odeon 1981 (Ltd 2 x White Vinyl) USD $22.87 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This live performance was recorded on 9th May 1985 and it delivered Rick's masterpiece works from his previous ground-breaking albums: Journey To The Center of The Earth, Six Wives of Henry VIII, and The Myths & Legends of King Arthur. To "fully" enjoy this live set, you should have two prerequisites (I don't impose on you; but this is a kind of suggestion if you wish): 1. You have been familiar with that three albums; 2. You enjoy live recording. If only one of these prerequisites is fulfilled you might drop this live set from your listening pleasure and if you don't have both, you should skip this CD (after all, it's an expensive price - especially for me). As for my case, I have fulfilled those two so I really enjoy this live set.

If in original studio version Rick brought in orchestra musicians, not with this live performance; all orchestral arrangements are replaced with Rick's multi-layered keyboard sounds. For me, it's a treat that I can enjoy another version of them. All tracks are medley of its respective album like Arthur that comprises three original songs Arthur - Sir Galahad - Sir Lancelot as a medley and also three tracks from The Six Wives album. I fully enjoy this live set as the Wakeman music style in electronic fashion is delivered dynamically. Song like Arthur is performed in a faster tempo with Gordon Neville looks after vocal department replacing Ashley Holt (my favorite Wakeman's vocalist). The guitar solo parts are also performed wonderfully. Tony Fernandez has always been an excellent wakeman's drummer. Basically, all musicians who contributed for this album was the ones who contributed at Silent Nights album. With Gordon on vocals, it's for me like having an alternative vocalist than regular Ashley Holt. And I enjoy his voice. My ultimate satisfaction is reached when the band play Journey and Merlin (oh man . I love the keyboard interplay!).

There was a memorable backstage problem that Rick himself said it clearly: "There was a power failure during the show and so I walked to the front and told jokes for 45 minutes. At the end of the show I was told that I had to pay a penalty for going into overtime. I protested that it was not my fault because of the power failure and in fact I had done pretty well by telling gags for almost an hour. I was then politely told that the power was actually put back on after 3 minutes but I had carried on doing a stand up act regardless. I paid the fine.". Despite this problem, Rick and his band still performed the job excellently!

Overall, I'm tempted to give this album as an excellent live performance and it's probably one of the finest live set by Rick Wakeman. It's true with me. But as far as wider audience with the possibility of not fulfilling what I put as the prerequisites (mentioned at above paragraph) I would give this a three stars plus. Keep on proggin' ..!

Progressively yours,

GW

4 stars This live recording is among the finest in Progressive Rock History. Presenting Journey To The Centre Of The Earth, Arthur & Merlin (From The Myths And Legends...album). The Rick Wakeman Band puts together the fine craftmanship of a prog rock band playing these songs without the orchestral arr ... (read more)

Report this review (#27511) | Posted by | Monday, January 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Live At Hammersmith"