THE PIANO ALBUM - LIVE

Rick Wakeman The Piano Album - Live album cover

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Live, released in 1995

1. A wish (1:15)
2. A glimpse of Heaven (4:04)
3. Catherine Howard (7:35)
4. Morning has broken (3:18)
5. Wondrous stories (4:06)
6. Chapel hill (3:39)
7. St. Michael's isle (3:40)
8. Space oddity (4:04)
9. Life on Mars (3:14)
10. The meeting (2:10)
11. And you and I (5:50)
12. Merlin the magician (5:48)
13. Gone but not forgotten (7:05)

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live tabs

- Rick Wakeman / piano

Cd. Castle Communication ESSCD 322

and to 996r for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
Fontana a&M 1990
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
Live at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on IceLive at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on Ice
United States Dist 2014
Real LisztomaniaReal Lisztomania
Voiceprint 2011
Rick Wakeman - Six Wives of Henry VIII (1992) US $11.31 Buy It Now 33m 50s
Rick Wakeman 1984 LP (1981) NEAR MINT + original inner US $10.79 Buy It Now 1h 9m
RICK WAKEMAN -'Fields Of Green ''(25 AUGUST) CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $18.75 Buy It Now 2h 11m
RICK WAKEMAN -'In The Nick Of Time - Live 2003 ''(25 AUGUST) CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $18.75 Buy It Now 2h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN The Classic Tracks CD FIRST ED NEW sealed US $16.49 Buy It Now 2h 32m
RICK WAKEMAN rhapsodies AMLX 68508 uk a&m 1979 DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX gatefold US $14.93 Buy It Now 2h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF RARE ISRAELI PRESS LP YES US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
RICK WAKEMAN - KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS... CD *NEW* US $32.50 Buy It Now 2h 59m
RICK WAKEMAN. ANIMAL SHOWDOWN. RARE 7" PICTURE DISC US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 22m
RICK WAKEMAN: The Six Wives of Henry VIII..1973..NM..Original US $21.00 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Rick Wakeman Bootleg Box Vol. 2 Live 5-CD Box Set NEW SEALED US $21.57 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Rick Wakeman - 'White Rock' UK A&M LP. Ex! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Rick Wakeman(Vinyl LP)White Rock Soundtrack-UK-AMLH 64614-A & M-Ex/Ex US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
RICK WAKEMAN LAS SEIS ESPOSAS DE ENRIQUE VIII - LP RECORD - URUGUAY US $8.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN CHARISMA LABEL LP RECORD Argentinien!! 1984 US $7.50 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN SIN CONECCION TERRENAL - LP RECORD - URUGUAY US $7.50 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Journey to The Center-A & M-VG/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Rick Wakeman 'Return To The Centre Of The Earth' 1999 CD (2014 re-issue) US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALEXANDER MEZEK CLIFF RICHARD RICK WAKEMAN 1991 GERMANY CD single US $17.85 Buy It Now 5h 42m
RICK WAKEMAN GOLE CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 5h 46m
RICK WAKEMAN - 2 x CONCERT FLYERS US $4.97 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Six Wives of Henry Eighth and Seawind Light the Light 2 LPs US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Rick Wakeman-Journey To The Center Of The Earth US $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Rick Wakeman Journey to the Center of the Earth sealed MFSL 200g mint numbered US $149.99 Buy It Now 7h 6m
2014 Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 2 LP 180 Gram Vinyl NEW US $35.00 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Rick Wakeman-The Six Wives of Henry VIII (86 560 IT) Made in Germany US $12.95 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Rick Wakeman-Journey to the Centre of the Earth (SP-3621) Gatefold with Booklet US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN birdman of alcatraz 7" WS EX/- uk a&m records AMS 7435 US $11.61 Buy It Now 8h
RICK WAKEMAN - LIVE AT THE MALTINGS 1976 (CD+DVD) - RICK002CD US $24.38 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Rick Wakeman - Ultimate Rick Wakeman Experience [CD New] US $14.71 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of Earth Rock RECORD Album LP Vinyl FREE SHIP US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Giltrap,Gordon & Rick Wakeman - From Brush & Stone [CD New] US $14.89 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Original Members Of Yes by Rick Wakeman - CD / 9 Tracks US $7.50 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Rick Wakeman - CD - No Earthly Connection US $11.03 [7 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Softsword - ESOTERIC ISSUE (REMASTERED CD NEW SEALED) 2014 ISSUE US $6.74 [3 bids]
NETHERLANDS press RICK WAKEMAN Gole 1982 World Cup Soundtrack LP Charisma INNER US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 44m
RICK WAKEMAN : JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (GATEFOLD) (SP3621) - RARITIES US $4.49 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Journey to the Centre of the Earth LP OOP US $2.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
ROGER DALTREY~RICK WAKEMAN USA DJ 7" 45 ORPHEUS SONG~LOBE'S DREAM on A US $7.20 Buy It Now 10h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN, JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH, LP US $9.96 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Rick Wakeman - The Myths And Legends of King Arthur - A & M Vinyl LP VG+/VG+ US $3.74 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Out Of The Blue (CD 2014) NEW US $13.29 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Softsword (CD 2014) NEW US $13.29 [0 bids]
11h
Lisztomania - ROGER DALTREY & RICK WAKEMAN - German 1975 UK A&M Vinyl LP US $41.50 Buy It Now 11h 12m
QUADRAPHONIC RICK WAKEMAN "THE MYTHS & LEGENDS OF" QUAD 8 TRACK TAPE US $31.85 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Rick Wakeman The 6 Wives Of Henry VIII 1973 LP Vinyl NM- W/ Biography SP-4361 US $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN criminal record A&M SP 4660 VG+++ PS 12" US $9.00 Buy It Now 12h 28m
RICK WAKEMAN "KING ARTHUR" 1975 12" VINYL ALBUM GATEFOLD SLEEVE WITH BOOKLET US $3.30 [0 bids]
STRAWBS-ORIGINAL FULL PAGE ADVERT TOUR DATES N DEADLINES -11.3.1978-RICK WAKEMAN US $3.65 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - 6 WIVES OF HENRY VIII - 33 RPM LP RECORD - 1973 US $1.68 [0 bids]
2014 Rick Wakeman Return To The Centre Of The Earth 2 LP 180 Gram Vinyl NEW US $35.00 Buy It Now 12h 50m
JON ANDERSON~RICK WAKEMAN~LIVE IN CONCERT THE LIVING TREE~PART 1~ CD~UK IMPORT US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 58m
2012 Rick Wakeman The Six Wives Of Henry The VIII 2 LP 180 gram Vinyl NEW SEALED US $37.50 Buy It Now 13h
RICK WAKEMAN No Earthly Connection Vinyl LP A&M SP-4583 1978 US $16.59 Buy It Now 13h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH QUADRAPHONIC US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - AFRICAN BACH - NEW CD US $10.90 Buy It Now 13h 50m
SLOGANS MUSIC FANZINE NO 15 - YES - RICK WAKEMAN - RUSH - HAZE - IQ US $33.20 Buy It Now 14h
RICK WAKEMAN & THE NEW ENGLISH ROCK ENSEMBLE - OUT THERE CD (USA SHIPPING 8$) US $8.00 Buy It Now 14h 21m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII 1973 SP 4361 LP US $4.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Rhapsodies 12" Dble LP Record 1979 Copy PROMO UK Import AMLX 68508 US $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 50m
YES LP - TORMATO - W/STEVE HOWE, RICK WAKEMAN! "RELEASE, RELEASE" -FREE DOM. S US $6.25 Buy It Now 17h 20m
Live [CEMA] by Rick Wakeman (CD, Apr-2000, EMI-Capitol Special Markets) US $1.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN VINYL journey to the center of the Earth LP booklet ExEx 1974 US $18.99 [0 bids]
Return to the Centre of the Earth - Rick Wakeman - LIKE NEW (CD, 1999, EMI... US $8.89 Buy It Now 19h
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth US $6.99 Buy It Now 19h 14m
SEALED RICK WAKEMAN: The Six Wives Of Henry VIII LP A&M RECORDS SP4361 US 1973 US $71.99 Buy It Now 20h 39m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH, YUGOSLAV LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 21h 5m
Rick Wakeman/Journey To The Center Of The Earth US $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 20m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII RARE LP! VG++ COVER/VG+ VINYL 1ST PRESS US $5.99 Buy It Now 23h 15m
RICK WAKEMAN "THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY V111" AUST LP US $9.34 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN 12" VINYL LP THE COST OF LIVING CHARISMA CAS 1163 1983 A1U / B1U US $18.19 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN-GREATEST HITS-2 CD SET-MADE IN FRANCE-1996-KEYBOARD PLAYER WITH YES US $14.96 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH 1990 JAPAN CD OBI 2800yen JIM US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN The Myths&Legends of King Arthur JAPAN LP w/Obi+12p BOOKLET GP-230 US $39.99 [0 bids]
Promo! RICK WAKEMAN No Earthly Connection JAPAN LP w/Obi+Mirror Cylinder GP2002 US $49.99 [0 bids]
1974 A&M LP Record SP-3621 Rick Wakeman Journey to the Center of the Earth G X6 US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN TIME MACHINE 1990 JAPAN CD OBI 2800yen JIM 1ST PRESS US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - White Rock Soundtrack ~ Vinyl LP US $6.63 Buy It Now 1 day
1977 - RICK WAKEMAN - Criminal Record - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN (OF YES) white rock AMLH 64614 A1/B1 uk a&m 1st press LP PS VG+/EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN IN CONCERT SAN FRANCISCO 1975 JAPAN CD OBI 2000yen SRCS 1ST PRESS US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII: LIVE AT HAMPTON COURT - NEW CD US $12.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Out There - Official Remastered Edition (NEW CD) US $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN_myths legends king arthur the_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $11.22 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH LP*US US $18.71 Buy It Now 1 day
listomania OST 1975 LP-rick wakeman , roger daltrey- made in israel- mint vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN ~ 1984,UK vinyl LP Charisma records 1981 US $10.78 Buy It Now 1 day
8 TRACK TAPES - RICK WAKEMAN - THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII US $2.91 [0 bids]
YES GOING FOR THE ONE W/STICKER RICK WAKEMAN ORIGINAL RARE EXYUGO LP US $81.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY [RICK WAKEMAN] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $4.47 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN gospels LP 16 track double (smr729) uk stylus 1987 US $14.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman No Earthly Connection Japan Promo White Label LP w OBI Yes Strawbs US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare RICK WAKEMAN Yes LIVE ON STAGE In Concert THAI Thailand 7"45 EP single PS#5 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN No Earthly Connection CLIFF RICHARD Thailand THAI 7" EP single PS#6 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Rick Wakeman - Live In Nottingham (Ultra Rare Brazil Edition - Hard To Find) US $17.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - GOLE!-JAPAN Ltd Ed ISSUE MINI LP CD Fi83 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - TORMATO D/Rem CD w/BONUS Trx ~ RICK WAKEMAN *NEW* US $11.93 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - MY INSPIRATION [RICK WAKEMAN] [CD BOXSET] [2 - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.10 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN -THE BURNING-JAPAN MINI LP CD Fi83 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) - JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 40TH ANNIVERSARY NEW 2LP US $56.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Hmm .. actually, I'm sick (physically - not mentally man! Coz I still have prog mind! How can you say someone is sick if he still got prog mind?!) right now but .. I can not stop writing my thoughts / views about prog music. So I gab my laptop, plug in the output jack to my amps and enjoy the writing. Hope that right after writing this review I will get better (I am sure man!). So . prog heals the world! It happened that before I got sick, I plan to review this solo performance by my keyboard hero Rick Wakeman. And I remember that Rick wrote the concept of "King Arthur" album when he was hospitalized and the doctor advised him to stop making music. What a coincidence with my situation right now! But of course I'm not a great musician like Rick, but I have a strong passion for prog music!

This CD is not mine (of course I will buy it later), it's a property of my prog mate Agung Surjoatmodjo whom just sent me a short message on how he was so damn satisfied enjoying "Fallen Idol" by Arena while he was driving to his office. [Hey, we exchange emotions and feelings down here whenever we are satisfied enjoying certain prog music, through cell phone short messages. Thanks to digital technology!] And now, I'm enjoying his CD collection featuring Rick Wakeman's piano solo performance. What do you expect from this album? First off, it's recommended that you have been familiar with old songs of Yes and ABWH or Rick's solo plus some other oldies by other musicians as well. That will give you full satisfaction with this album. But, if you can enjoy solo piano work, it's okay also, you still can enjoy this album and later you buy the original song version. Either way is okay. Through this album Rick demonstrates his virtuosities with his rapid finger punch on the piano. It's really a rewarding experience enjoying this album especially if you do it during night time.

Opened with a church choral section through "A wish" (1:15) Rick continues his first performance with "A glimpse of Heaven" (4:04) followed with a break. "This is Chaterine Howard" says Rick followed with applaud from the crowd. Rick plays this song from "Six Wives" wonderfully. Oh my God . what a great joy listening how he plays the piano notes skillfully even replacing the keyboard sounds he used in original version. I bet you, if you are familiar with Six Wives album, you will definitely agree with me that this track is fabulous! He then continues the play with an oldie written by Cat Stevens (who changed name to Muhammad Jusuf after he convverted to moslem) . Well, if you were there during the glory days of rock music in the seventies, you must know this song really well, even though it's not rock.

"Wondrous stories" (4:06) from Yes "Going For The One" performed with a single piano work? Great! The sounds produced from piano notes and chords are really stunning. Definitely, if you love the original version, you can appreciate this track. Wonderful performance. What I also like about this piano album is that the inclusion of David Bowie's legendary tune "Space Oddity". I'm not a fan of Bowie, but Space Oddity has special meaning for me. The song has colored my childhood when I first in love with rock music. It was categorized under Top Oldies compilation altogether with "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" (Hollies), "The House of The Rising Sun" (The Animals), "It's Me That You Need" (Elton John), "A Certain of Kind" (Bloodrock), "Singing Song" (Frumpy) .. oh what a wonderful childhood that I cannot remember the rest of my life.! And this time Rick plays "This is major Tom to ground control ." and "Tell my wife I love her very much she knows .." through his finger punch over the piano! What memorable and melodic notes! Mbrebes mili man .!

Oh I'm writing the fifth paragraph now, I'd better stop it now before you get mad with me writing a novel-long review. Sorry - this album deserves long review, actually. Ok ok ok . "The Meeting" by ABWH is a great performance. I remember when Rick met the IPS (Indonesian Progressive Society) members personally at his Hilton Hotel with Tony Fernandez in 2002, he played this song with piano while all members of IPS sung together "Surely I could tell ." What a memorable event! And Rick is a humble person because he was OK meeting with all of us and we had fun together at that time. Other tracks that I'm sure you will love them are: "And you and I" (5:50) , "Merlin the magician" (5:48) and "Gone but not forgotten" (7:05).

It's a highly recommended live album! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#47370) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A live album made of piano only can exist only in classical, jazz and prog worlds, and there aren't many players able to make something so good other than the dinosaur Rick Wakeman.

Looking at the tracks one may struggle in finding a connection if he doesn't know that Wakeman other than a very huge solo discography and all the things done with the YES, has worked also for David Bowie and Cat Stevens, so ALL the tracks in the list have been originally played and arranged by him.

Just think to three hits like "Space Oddity", "Life On Mars" and "Morning Has Broken", three songs in the history of the 20th century's music, and it's amazing how this piano performance can make us forget the missing singers. Can anybody imagine "And You And I" or "Wonderous Stories" without Jon Anderson's voice? Well, Rick Wakeman is able with his piano to make us forget it.

Nothing to say about the songs from his solo works, if not that Cathrine Howard sounds very good even without synths. We probably prefer listening to the original versions, but let this album go and you'll better appreciate the composing skill other than the impressive technique...we are speaking of one of the best keyboardists ever. I remember to have seen him live in the 80s, very close to the stage just in front of him and being unable to count out how many fingers he has in his hands.

Exactly the countrary of pompous albums full of orchestra, intrumentists and choirs like Journey and Myths and Legends, this album reveals better the greatness of this composer, arranger and performer.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#952617) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 02, 2013

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "The Piano Album - Live"