THE PIANO ALBUM - LIVE

Rick Wakeman The Piano Album - Live album cover

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Live, released in 1995

1. A wish (1:15)
2. A glimpse of Heaven (4:04)
3. Catherine Howard (7:35)
4. Morning has broken (3:18)
5. Wondrous stories (4:06)
6. Chapel hill (3:39)
7. St. Michael's isle (3:40)
8. Space oddity (4:04)
9. Life on Mars (3:14)
10. The meeting (2:10)
11. And you and I (5:50)
12. Merlin the magician (5:48)
13. Gone but not forgotten (7:05)

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live tabs

- Rick Wakeman / piano

Cd. Castle Communication ESSCD 322

and to 996r for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live Music

White RockWhite Rock
Real Gone Music 2014
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
Rick Wakeman's Criminal RecordRick Wakeman's Criminal Record
Real Gone Music 2014
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
Live at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on IceLive at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on Ice
United States Dist 2014
Softsword: King John & The Magna CartaSoftsword: King John & The Magna Carta
Imports 2014
RICK WAKEMAN six wives of henry VIII Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $50.01 [4 bids]
33m 53s
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - RARE - URUGUAY (4 pics) US $28.00 Buy It Now 34m 12s
Stella Bianca by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jul-2000, Purple Pyramid) US $5.99 [0 bids]
36m 35s
Rick Wakeman, Lisztomania record US $1.69 [0 bids]
40m 24s
RICK WAKEMAN-The Six Wives Of Henry VIII Live CD 3cd's AUTOGRAPHED ,YES US $79.99 Buy It Now 45m 34s
Rick Wakeman ~ Records ~ 3 Lot Lps ~ 12" ~ Includes Import US $20.00 [0 bids]
50m 48s
YES Yesterdays New CD Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman Prog Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h
Rick Wakeman 'Journey To The Centre Of The Earth' Limited Ed-Pre Order CD/Vinyl US $324.09 Buy It Now 1h 12m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH A & M 1974 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Two (2) Yes Albums ~Fragile 1972 & Tormato 1978 Rick Wakeman Steve Howe Nice! US $7.99 [0 bids]
YES 5xLP Vinyl FRAGILE Close/Edge RELAYER Rick Wakeman PIROS MASTERED 1971-1974 US $38.20 Buy It Now 1h 28m
RICK WAKEMAN'S JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH LP NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2005, A US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 54m
The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Rick Wakeman (CD, Mar-2003, A&M (USA)) US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Rick Wakeman Journey to Center of Earth SEALED 8 Track tape Yes Roc US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
RICK WAKEMAN "NM WAX" Journey to The Center of The Earth GP-226 LP AD3451 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman White Rock CANADA SEALED 8 Track tape RARE! Rock 70s' Free Shipping US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry VII lp VG++/VG++ gatefold US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN SINGLE MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 - I┤M SO STRAIGHT I┤M A WEIRDO - US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN~The Six Wives Of Henry VIII [1973 A&M Gatefold] US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Classic Tracks [Hot] by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jan-2008, Fabric Records) US $7.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives Of Henry VIII QUADRAPHONIC Quad Near Mint YES! US $99.95 Buy It Now 2h 55m
STRAWBS/Rick Wakeman +from the witchwood+RARE+1971+ US $9.98 [0 bids]
Hummingbird by Rick Wakeman (CD, Apr-2003, Witchwood Co US $60.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Legends of Rock, Progressive: Rick Wakeman,Gentle Giant, Dixie Dregs,Renaissance US $6.09 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2005, A US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Rick Wakeman Journey To Centre Of Earth Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Japan LP+Obi JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
1979 White Label Promo LP Hudson Ford Nickelodeon A&M SP-3616 Rick Wakeman US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
RICK WAKEMAN - MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR Symph Prog Yes Near Mint Plus US $6.55 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman -- The Myths and Legends of King Arthur - LP-- NEAR MINT W/ Booklet US $12.00 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Myths legends King Arthur RECORD ALBUM 33 Lp Knights round table R US $2.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN ~ Criminal Record - 1977 LP - Prog US $2.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN ~ Journey To The Center Of The Earth - LP with Booklet US $2.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN ~ Six Wives Of Henry VIII - LP - Prog US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman; Journey To the Centre of the Earth on LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
FREE SHIPPING Rick Wakeman "Journey to the Center of the Earth" Excellent US $10.07 Buy It Now 6h 9m
AL STEWART PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE RICK WAKEMAN 1974 JANUS STERLING LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Innsbruck Winter Games LP WHITE ROCK A&M Records 1976 Electronica US $9.00 Buy It Now 6h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN Country airs lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 41m
FABIO ZUFFANTI Merlin The Rock Opera 2CD Reissue PROG (Finisterre, Rick Wakeman) US $29.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - AFRICAN BACH (UK) NEW CD US $22.46 Buy It Now 7h 41m
African Bach by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jul-1993, Pres) US $8.87 Buy It Now 8h
YES Tormato 1978 SEALED IN SHRINK Atlantic US LP RICK WAKEMAN Jon Andersoná US $19.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - CIRQUE SURREAL [604388671823] - NEW CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN - YES -NO EARTHLY CONNECTION TURKISH PRESS US $60.00 Buy It Now 11h 15m
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE WORLD TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $70.00 Buy It Now 11h 28m
RICK WAKEMAN COUNTRY AIRS ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! US $14.27 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (CD) Original Master Recording US $35.81 Buy It Now 14h 5m
RICK WAKEMAN - THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII (UK 12" VINYL ALBUM) EXCELLENT COND US $10.22 Buy It Now 15h 11m
RICK WAKEMAN - RICK WAKEMAN'S CRIMINAL RECORD (UK 12" VINYL ALBUM) EXCELLENT CON US $8.51 Buy It Now 15h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN - NO EARTHLY CONNECTION (UK 12" VINYL ALBUM) EXCELLENT CONDITION US $10.22 Buy It Now 15h 24m
RICK WAKEMAN - WHITE ROCK SOUNDTRACK (UK 12" VINYL ALBUM) EXCELLENT CONDITION US $8.51 Buy It Now 15h 28m
RICK WAKEMAN -1 PAGE ADVERT/POSTER FROM UK MUSIC MAGAZINE. PATRICK STEWART US $8.51 Buy It Now 16h 23m
VINTAGE USED 8 TRACK TAPE JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH RICK WAKEMAN US $1.11 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives Of Henry VIII Live At Hampton Court CD NEW/SEALED US $8.51 Buy It Now 16h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN: THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII, EX, A&M SP-4361, 1973 PROG. LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
RICK WAKEMAN -THE BURNING-JAPAN MINI LP CD Fi83 US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 52m
RICK WAKEMAN - GOLE!-JAPAN Ltd Ed ISSUE MINI LP CD Fi83 US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 52m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 USA QUADROPHONIC LP+INSERT* US $66.44 Buy It Now 18h 59m
RICK WAKEMAN-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 A&M REC. SP-3621 VG+ YES US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 24m
RICK WAKEMAN-THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR-1975-A&M-64515-EXCELLENT US $15.34 Buy It Now 19h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN WHITE ROCK SOUNDTRACK a&m 77 A2B3 UK orig Lp nr MINT US $10.22 Buy It Now 20h 34m
Classic Tracks [Hot] by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jan-2008, Fabric (London)) US $5.19 Buy It Now 20h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth LP Record A&M SP-3156 VG+ US $2.78 Buy It Now 20h 53m
Progressive Rock Epics - New CD! Various Artists inc Rick Wakeman, Brand X! US $3.99 Buy It Now 21h 11m
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 US $17.04 Buy It Now 21h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN myths and legends of KING Arthur US $17.04 Buy It Now 21h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 A1B1 1st LP PS VG+/EX US $15.34 Buy It Now 21h 57m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LP GATEFOLD MADE IN BRAZIL 1973 US $21.00 Buy It Now 22h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN TRIBUTE TO THE BEATLES CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1998 US $49.99 Buy It Now 22h 4m
Rick Wakeman : In Concert CD (1999) US $10.00 Buy It Now 22h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN the 6 wives of henry viii AMLH 64361 translucent red LP PS EX+/EX US $17.52 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Rick Wakeman,Rick Wakeman,Adam Wakeman : Romance of the Victorian Age CD (1994) US $10.00 Buy It Now 22h 15m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 A1B1 1st LP PS EX+/EX US $15.34 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Rick Wakeman ?- Journey To The Centre Of The Earth LP Vinyl SP3621 US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Rick Wakeman - The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 6m
Rick Wakeman Journey to the center of the earth LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 23h 24m
Rick Wakeman GOLE prog lp Uk YES US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 32m
RICK WAKEMAN glory boys 12" 3 trk b/w ghosts of a rock & roll star and elgin man US $8.51 Buy It Now 23h 34m
RICK WAKEMAN CRIMINAL RECORD VINYL LP. US $8.99 Buy It Now 23h 56m
RICK WAKEMAN THE MYTHS AND LEGEND OF KING ARTHUR VINYL LP. US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 56m
RICK WAKEMAN "JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH" COMES WITH BOOKLET.GREAT ALBUM US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN- GOLE!- (YES) (Air mail records) Mini Lp US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN "JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH" A&M SP 3621 RECORD ALBUM LP US $4.25 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN- THE BURNING- (YES)- Air mail records (Mini Lp) US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1975 UK Orig RICK WAKEMAN LP "MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR" Etc. EX+ US $6.81 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 12" Booklet A&M 1974 Excellent US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman : The Private Collection CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN:: THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) The Six Wives of Henry VIII EX/EX- GATEFOLD!! US $7.99 [0 bids]
Classic Tracks [Hot] by Rick Wakeman (NEW SEALED CD) ROCK US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - Journey to the Centre of the Earth | Audiophile Master Edition LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN 3 LOT NO EARTHLY UK PRESS KING ARTHUR NM CRIMINAL PROMO YES CLEANED US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WHITE ROCK Soundtrack LP - Rick Wakeman A&M Orig. US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 LP PS EX/EX gatefold US $15.34 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN myths and legends of king arthur PPSP 4515 portuguese LP PS EX/VG+ US $18.01 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry viii AMLH 64361 uk a&m LP PS EX/EX US $15.34 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Retro 2. Ace CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Hmm .. actually, I'm sick (physically - not mentally man! Coz I still have prog mind! How can you say someone is sick if he still got prog mind?!) right now but .. I can not stop writing my thoughts / views about prog music. So I gab my laptop, plug in the output jack to my amps and enjoy the writing. Hope that right after writing this review I will get better (I am sure man!). So . prog heals the world! It happened that before I got sick, I plan to review this solo performance by my keyboard hero Rick Wakeman. And I remember that Rick wrote the concept of "King Arthur" album when he was hospitalized and the doctor advised him to stop making music. What a coincidence with my situation right now! But of course I'm not a great musician like Rick, but I have a strong passion for prog music!

This CD is not mine (of course I will buy it later), it's a property of my prog mate Agung Surjoatmodjo whom just sent me a short message on how he was so damn satisfied enjoying "Fallen Idol" by Arena while he was driving to his office. [Hey, we exchange emotions and feelings down here whenever we are satisfied enjoying certain prog music, through cell phone short messages. Thanks to digital technology!] And now, I'm enjoying his CD collection featuring Rick Wakeman's piano solo performance. What do you expect from this album? First off, it's recommended that you have been familiar with old songs of Yes and ABWH or Rick's solo plus some other oldies by other musicians as well. That will give you full satisfaction with this album. But, if you can enjoy solo piano work, it's okay also, you still can enjoy this album and later you buy the original song version. Either way is okay. Through this album Rick demonstrates his virtuosities with his rapid finger punch on the piano. It's really a rewarding experience enjoying this album especially if you do it during night time.

Opened with a church choral section through "A wish" (1:15) Rick continues his first performance with "A glimpse of Heaven" (4:04) followed with a break. "This is Chaterine Howard" says Rick followed with applaud from the crowd. Rick plays this song from "Six Wives" wonderfully. Oh my God . what a great joy listening how he plays the piano notes skillfully even replacing the keyboard sounds he used in original version. I bet you, if you are familiar with Six Wives album, you will definitely agree with me that this track is fabulous! He then continues the play with an oldie written by Cat Stevens (who changed name to Muhammad Jusuf after he convverted to moslem) . Well, if you were there during the glory days of rock music in the seventies, you must know this song really well, even though it's not rock.

"Wondrous stories" (4:06) from Yes "Going For The One" performed with a single piano work? Great! The sounds produced from piano notes and chords are really stunning. Definitely, if you love the original version, you can appreciate this track. Wonderful performance. What I also like about this piano album is that the inclusion of David Bowie's legendary tune "Space Oddity". I'm not a fan of Bowie, but Space Oddity has special meaning for me. The song has colored my childhood when I first in love with rock music. It was categorized under Top Oldies compilation altogether with "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" (Hollies), "The House of The Rising Sun" (The Animals), "It's Me That You Need" (Elton John), "A Certain of Kind" (Bloodrock), "Singing Song" (Frumpy) .. oh what a wonderful childhood that I cannot remember the rest of my life.! And this time Rick plays "This is major Tom to ground control ." and "Tell my wife I love her very much she knows .." through his finger punch over the piano! What memorable and melodic notes! Mbrebes mili man .!

Oh I'm writing the fifth paragraph now, I'd better stop it now before you get mad with me writing a novel-long review. Sorry - this album deserves long review, actually. Ok ok ok . "The Meeting" by ABWH is a great performance. I remember when Rick met the IPS (Indonesian Progressive Society) members personally at his Hilton Hotel with Tony Fernandez in 2002, he played this song with piano while all members of IPS sung together "Surely I could tell ." What a memorable event! And Rick is a humble person because he was OK meeting with all of us and we had fun together at that time. Other tracks that I'm sure you will love them are: "And you and I" (5:50) , "Merlin the magician" (5:48) and "Gone but not forgotten" (7:05).

It's a highly recommended live album! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#47370) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A live album made of piano only can exist only in classical, jazz and prog worlds, and there aren't many players able to make something so good other than the dinosaur Rick Wakeman.

Looking at the tracks one may struggle in finding a connection if he doesn't know that Wakeman other than a very huge solo discography and all the things done with the YES, has worked also for David Bowie and Cat Stevens, so ALL the tracks in the list have been originally played and arranged by him.

Just think to three hits like "Space Oddity", "Life On Mars" and "Morning Has Broken", three songs in the history of the 20th century's music, and it's amazing how this piano performance can make us forget the missing singers. Can anybody imagine "And You And I" or "Wonderous Stories" without Jon Anderson's voice? Well, Rick Wakeman is able with his piano to make us forget it.

Nothing to say about the songs from his solo works, if not that Cathrine Howard sounds very good even without synths. We probably prefer listening to the original versions, but let this album go and you'll better appreciate the composing skill other than the impressive technique...we are speaking of one of the best keyboardists ever. I remember to have seen him live in the 80s, very close to the stage just in front of him and being unable to count out how many fingers he has in his hands.

Exactly the countrary of pompous albums full of orchestra, intrumentists and choirs like Journey and Myths and Legends, this album reveals better the greatness of this composer, arranger and performer.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#952617) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 02, 2013

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "The Piano Album - Live"