THE PIANO ALBUM - LIVE

Rick Wakeman The Piano Album - Live album cover

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Live, released in 1995

1. A wish (1:15)
2. A glimpse of Heaven (4:04)
3. Catherine Howard (7:35)
4. Morning has broken (3:18)
5. Wondrous stories (4:06)
6. Chapel hill (3:39)
7. St. Michael's isle (3:40)
8. Space oddity (4:04)
9. Life on Mars (3:14)
10. The meeting (2:10)
11. And you and I (5:50)
12. Merlin the magician (5:48)
13. Gone but not forgotten (7:05)

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live tabs

- Rick Wakeman / piano

Cd. Castle Communication ESSCD 322

and to 996r for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live Music

White RockWhite Rock
Real Gone Music 2014
Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
Fontana a&M 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
Live at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on IceLive at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on Ice
United States Dist 2014
19841984
Import · Remastered
Alliance 2006
RICK WAKEMAN "FIELDS OF GREEN" 1999 ORIGINAL ISSUE-OOP-STILL SEALED RARE CD US $17.99 [0 bids]
41m 6s
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1973 Japan Press Yes OBI LP E7093 US $0.99 [1 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "Booklet" The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur JP Yes OBI LP B1562 US $11.50 [2 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "NM Wax" Lisztomania 1975 Japan Press Yes OBI LP e7090 US $0.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "BOOKLET" Journey To The Center Of The Earth JP Yes OBI LP D7744 US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES "NM Disc" Greatest Video Hits 1991 JP Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman OBI LD E6657 US $0.99 [2 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "NM WAX" The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1973 JAPAN Yes OBI LP B1779 US $0.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "NM WAX" Journey To The Center Of The Earth 1974 JP Yes OBI D4189 US $15.85 [4 bids]
YES "NM Disc" Yesyears 1991 Japan Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman OBI 2LD E6660 US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES "NM WAX" 1972 JP Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman LP E0876 US $5.50 [3 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "POSTER" No Earthly Connection English Rock JP Yes OBI LP E7094 US $11.50 [3 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "PROMO / NM WAX" Lisztomania 1975 Japan Press Yes OBI LP h9620 US $6.50 [4 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "PROMO / NM WAX" LISZTOMANIA Japan Yes LP h4846 US $3.25 [4 bids]
Rock RICK WAKEMAN Journey To the Center Of The Earth NM SP-3156 EB862 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
OZZY OSBOURNE - Ozzmosis CEK-67091 1995 Canada Rick Wakeman Geezer Butler CRC US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
RICK WAKEMAN VINYL journey to the center of the Earth LP booklet ExEx 1974 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman & Tony Fernandez Zodiaque CD 1989 Relativity US $8.79 Buy It Now 3h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry VIII SP4361 US ORIGINAL prog rock VG+++1 US $10.71 Buy It Now 4h 10m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth SP3621 + BOOKLET 1974 crc club  US $13.08 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Rick Wakeman ?- The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur Japanese orig' A US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h
Rick Wakeman & Adam , Audio CD, Romance of the Victorian US $207.06 Buy It Now 5h 14m
RICK WAKEMAN - SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII: LIVE AT HAMPTON COURT NEW CD US $19.22 Buy It Now 7h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN THE CLASSIC TRACKS 1994 JAPAN CD OBI 1600yen COCY SEALED 1ST PRESS US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 LP 10 track with inner sleeve (6302136) aussie charisma 1981 US $8.31 Buy It Now 7h 37m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth LP 4 track gatefold booklet slee US $8.31 Buy It Now 7h 37m
RICK WAKEMAN live at hammersmith LP 4 track recorded live at hammersmith odeon 1 US $8.31 Buy It Now 7h 37m
RICK WAKEMAN rhapsodies LP 18 track double album in gatefold sleeve but has wear US $8.59 Buy It Now 7h 37m
RICK WAKEMAN rhapsodies LP 18 track double in gatefold but has light edge wear t US $8.31 Buy It Now 7h 37m
RICK WAKEMAN - SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII NEW CD US $9.29 Buy It Now 7h 43m
RICK WAKEMAN Return To The Centre Of The Earth KOREA EMI CD 1999 Near Mint !! US $16.25 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Slip Double: Rick Wakeman : The Six Wives Live Hampton Court 01 05 09 US $24.95 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Slip Double: Strawbs : 40th Ann Celebration Vol 2 : Rick Wakeman US $24.95 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Rick Wakeman No Earthly Connection LP AMLK64583 US $8.32 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Rick Wakeman - Live - VP250CD US $9.67 Buy It Now 10h 49m
The Best of Rick Wakeman 1998 [Wise Buy] US $10.00 [0 bids]
Cirque Surreal by Rick Wakeman Band/Rick Wakeman (CD, Aug-2010, Edsel (UK)) US $13.71 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Live At Hammersmith [IMPORT] by Rick Wakeman (Mar-1994, Cas) US $14.53 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Classical Variations by Rick Wakeman (CD, Feb-2002, President) US $14.53 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Zodiaque by Rick Wakeman (CD, Dec-1991, Emi/Virgin) US $14.36 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Wakeman with Wakeman by Adam Wakeman/Rick Wakeman (CD, President) US $14.53 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Chronicles of Man by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2011, President) US $14.53 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Silent Nights by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jan-1992, Pres) US $14.53 Buy It Now 11h 9m
Rick Wakeman - Rock N' Roll Prophet Plus US $15.45 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Rick Wakeman, 1984/LP CDS 4022 Charisma/UK Vinyl NM/Chaka Khan/Yes US $4.00 [0 bids]
Into Orbit by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jan-2005, Direct Source) US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE STRAWBS FROM THE WITCHWOOD LP RICK WAKEMAN US $16.00 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Stella Bianca by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jul-2000, Purple Pyramid) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman ?- Journey To The Centre Of The Earth US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Rick Wakeman -Journey to the Center of the Earth - Yes [ 33 rpm vinyl ] US $9.99 [0 bids]
Cirque Surreal - Rick Wakeman CD (UK Import) NEW US $10.94 Buy It Now 14h 19m
RICK WAKEMAN RETURN TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 14h 53m
RICK WAKEMAN - THE CLASSIC TRACKS (CD) (REF E2) US $6.64 Buy It Now 15h 30m
SOUNDTRACK LP: WHITE ROCK Soundtrack INNSBRUCK Winter Games RICK WAKEMAN A US $9.95 Buy It Now 15h 31m
RICK WAKEMAN - OUT OF THE BLUE (REMASTERED EDITION) CD SEALED - 2014 US $9.16 [4 bids]
CRIMES OF PASSION (score by Rick Wakeman for the Ken Russell film) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Softsword - ESOTERIC ISSUE (REMASTERED CD NEW SEALED) 2014 ISSUE US $8.32 [4 bids]
"Heaven & Earth" YES new CD * Genesis * Rick Wakeman * Prog Rock * Pink Floyd US $5.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Criminal Record USA PROMO LP Black & White Label Yes Related US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN LP 1984 US $8.32 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Rick Wakeman - Live - Polish Press US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 50m
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - RARE - URUGUAY (4 pics) US $28.00 Buy It Now 18h 6m
YES Yesterdays New CD Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman Prog Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h 32m
Rick Wakeman 'Journey To The Centre Of The Earth' Limited Edition (New CD/Vinyl) US $174.77 Buy It Now 18h 44m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH A & M 1974 US $8.99 Buy It Now 18h 46m
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2005, A US $4.95 Buy It Now 19h 26m
The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Rick Wakeman (CD, Mar-2003, A&M (USA)) US $4.95 Buy It Now 19h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur LP w/ booklet Yes US $10.00 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry VII lp VG++/VG++ gatefold US $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 59m
RICK WAKEMAN~The Six Wives Of Henry VIII [1973 A&M Gatefold] US $9.00 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (MFSL Gold CD)NEW, SEALED US $99.00 Buy It Now 20h 19m
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives Of Henry VIII QUADRAPHONIC Quad Near Mint YES! US $99.95 Buy It Now 20h 28m
Hummingbird by Rick Wakeman (CD, Apr-2003, Witchwood Co US $60.00 Buy It Now 20h 58m
RICK WAKEMAN - Quadraphonic LP- Journey To The Centre ~ GATEFOLD VINYL US $39.99 [0 bids]
Legends of Rock, Progressive: Rick Wakeman,Gentle Giant, Dixie Dregs,Renaissance US $6.77 Buy It Now 21h 38m
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2005, A US $5.95 Buy It Now 21h 50m
RICK WAKEMAN Japan LP+Obi JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE US $16.99 Buy It Now 22h 7m
1979 White Label Promo LP Hudson Ford Nickelodeon A&M SP-3616 Rick Wakeman US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 10m
RICK WAKEMAN MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR & THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
rick wakeman . US $1.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record AMP-7046 LP Ae6065 US $4.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN LOT OF 2LP'S KING ARTHUR AND JOURNEY A&M VINYL WITH BOOKLETS VG+ US $6.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur 1975 A&M GF LP SP-4515 NEAR MINT US $19.95 [0 bids]
FREE SHIPPING Rick Wakeman "Journey to the Center of the Earth" Excellent US $10.07 Buy It Now 23h 42m
RICK WAKEMAN Innsbruck Winter Games LP WHITE ROCK A&M Records 1976 Electronica US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Country airs lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FABIO ZUFFANTI Merlin The Rock Opera 2CD Reissue PROG (Finisterre, Rick Wakeman) US $26.99 [0 bids]
rick wakeman the myths and legends of king arthur record US $2.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - 2 VINYL LP ALBUMS - GOOD CONDITION US $10.00 [0 bids]
jon ANDERSON bill BRUFORD rick WAKEMAN steve HOWE yes CASSETTE EX US $0.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - CIRQUE SURREAL [604388671823] - NEW CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 12" Booklet A&M 1974 Excellent US $2.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN-The Six Wives Of Henry VIII Live CD 3cd's AUTOGRAPHED ,YES US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN COUNTRY AIRS ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Myths & Legends Of King Arthur. 1975 UK LP US $6.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Myths & Legends Of King Arthur. 1975 UK LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - 7"Single - Swan Lager/Wooly Willy Tango, EX+ US $11.64 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - RICK WAKEMAN'S CRIMINAL RECORD (UK 12" VINYL ALBUM) EXCELLENT CON US $8.31 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - NO EARTHLY CONNECTION (UK 12" VINYL ALBUM) EXCELLENT CONDITION US $9.97 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - WHITE ROCK SOUNDTRACK (UK 12" VINYL ALBUM) EXCELLENT CONDITION US $8.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman; Journey To the Centre of the Earth on LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Hmm .. actually, I'm sick (physically - not mentally man! Coz I still have prog mind! How can you say someone is sick if he still got prog mind?!) right now but .. I can not stop writing my thoughts / views about prog music. So I gab my laptop, plug in the output jack to my amps and enjoy the writing. Hope that right after writing this review I will get better (I am sure man!). So . prog heals the world! It happened that before I got sick, I plan to review this solo performance by my keyboard hero Rick Wakeman. And I remember that Rick wrote the concept of "King Arthur" album when he was hospitalized and the doctor advised him to stop making music. What a coincidence with my situation right now! But of course I'm not a great musician like Rick, but I have a strong passion for prog music!

This CD is not mine (of course I will buy it later), it's a property of my prog mate Agung Surjoatmodjo whom just sent me a short message on how he was so damn satisfied enjoying "Fallen Idol" by Arena while he was driving to his office. [Hey, we exchange emotions and feelings down here whenever we are satisfied enjoying certain prog music, through cell phone short messages. Thanks to digital technology!] And now, I'm enjoying his CD collection featuring Rick Wakeman's piano solo performance. What do you expect from this album? First off, it's recommended that you have been familiar with old songs of Yes and ABWH or Rick's solo plus some other oldies by other musicians as well. That will give you full satisfaction with this album. But, if you can enjoy solo piano work, it's okay also, you still can enjoy this album and later you buy the original song version. Either way is okay. Through this album Rick demonstrates his virtuosities with his rapid finger punch on the piano. It's really a rewarding experience enjoying this album especially if you do it during night time.

Opened with a church choral section through "A wish" (1:15) Rick continues his first performance with "A glimpse of Heaven" (4:04) followed with a break. "This is Chaterine Howard" says Rick followed with applaud from the crowd. Rick plays this song from "Six Wives" wonderfully. Oh my God . what a great joy listening how he plays the piano notes skillfully even replacing the keyboard sounds he used in original version. I bet you, if you are familiar with Six Wives album, you will definitely agree with me that this track is fabulous! He then continues the play with an oldie written by Cat Stevens (who changed name to Muhammad Jusuf after he convverted to moslem) . Well, if you were there during the glory days of rock music in the seventies, you must know this song really well, even though it's not rock.

"Wondrous stories" (4:06) from Yes "Going For The One" performed with a single piano work? Great! The sounds produced from piano notes and chords are really stunning. Definitely, if you love the original version, you can appreciate this track. Wonderful performance. What I also like about this piano album is that the inclusion of David Bowie's legendary tune "Space Oddity". I'm not a fan of Bowie, but Space Oddity has special meaning for me. The song has colored my childhood when I first in love with rock music. It was categorized under Top Oldies compilation altogether with "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" (Hollies), "The House of The Rising Sun" (The Animals), "It's Me That You Need" (Elton John), "A Certain of Kind" (Bloodrock), "Singing Song" (Frumpy) .. oh what a wonderful childhood that I cannot remember the rest of my life.! And this time Rick plays "This is major Tom to ground control ." and "Tell my wife I love her very much she knows .." through his finger punch over the piano! What memorable and melodic notes! Mbrebes mili man .!

Oh I'm writing the fifth paragraph now, I'd better stop it now before you get mad with me writing a novel-long review. Sorry - this album deserves long review, actually. Ok ok ok . "The Meeting" by ABWH is a great performance. I remember when Rick met the IPS (Indonesian Progressive Society) members personally at his Hilton Hotel with Tony Fernandez in 2002, he played this song with piano while all members of IPS sung together "Surely I could tell ." What a memorable event! And Rick is a humble person because he was OK meeting with all of us and we had fun together at that time. Other tracks that I'm sure you will love them are: "And you and I" (5:50) , "Merlin the magician" (5:48) and "Gone but not forgotten" (7:05).

It's a highly recommended live album! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#47370) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A live album made of piano only can exist only in classical, jazz and prog worlds, and there aren't many players able to make something so good other than the dinosaur Rick Wakeman.

Looking at the tracks one may struggle in finding a connection if he doesn't know that Wakeman other than a very huge solo discography and all the things done with the YES, has worked also for David Bowie and Cat Stevens, so ALL the tracks in the list have been originally played and arranged by him.

Just think to three hits like "Space Oddity", "Life On Mars" and "Morning Has Broken", three songs in the history of the 20th century's music, and it's amazing how this piano performance can make us forget the missing singers. Can anybody imagine "And You And I" or "Wonderous Stories" without Jon Anderson's voice? Well, Rick Wakeman is able with his piano to make us forget it.

Nothing to say about the songs from his solo works, if not that Cathrine Howard sounds very good even without synths. We probably prefer listening to the original versions, but let this album go and you'll better appreciate the composing skill other than the impressive technique...we are speaking of one of the best keyboardists ever. I remember to have seen him live in the 80s, very close to the stage just in front of him and being unable to count out how many fingers he has in his hands.

Exactly the countrary of pompous albums full of orchestra, intrumentists and choirs like Journey and Myths and Legends, this album reveals better the greatness of this composer, arranger and performer.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#952617) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 02, 2013

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "The Piano Album - Live"