THE PIANO ALBUM - LIVE

Rick Wakeman The Piano Album - Live album cover

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Live, released in 1995

1. A wish (1:15)
2. A glimpse of Heaven (4:04)
3. Catherine Howard (7:35)
4. Morning has broken (3:18)
5. Wondrous stories (4:06)
6. Chapel hill (3:39)
7. St. Michael's isle (3:40)
8. Space oddity (4:04)
9. Life on Mars (3:14)
10. The meeting (2:10)
11. And you and I (5:50)
12. Merlin the magician (5:48)
13. Gone but not forgotten (7:05)

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live tabs

- Rick Wakeman / piano

Cd. Castle Communication ESSCD 322

and to 996r for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
WRITE NOTES 2014
Journey to the Centre of the Earth [Silver CD]Journey to the Centre of the Earth [Silver CD]
Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab 1990
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
White RockWhite Rock
Real Gone Music 2014
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
Cleopatra 2005
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
Rick Wakeman-MythsLegends KingArthur & Knights Round Table RARE Korean 11.75" LP US $18.75 [0 bids]
YES - Acoustic Radio Sessions 2002 (mini LP/CD) Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman ABWH US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
RICK WAKEMAN:LIVE US $8.01 Buy It Now 1h 48m
RICK WAKEMAN - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE ADVERT) (REF MD) US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Forever Gold by Rick Wakeman (2CD) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN Criminal Record 1977 UKvinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $12.02 Buy It Now 2h 23m
RICK WAKEMAN SEALED ORIGINAL GATEFOLD 1974 US VINYL LP A&M SP 3621 JOURNEY TO... US $29.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman: LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH LP sealed US $21.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Rick Wakeman: THE FAMILY ALBUM LP Sealed UK Gatefold US $21.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
RICK WAKEMAN Country Airs LP new age prog Yes piano solos VG++/VG++ US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
The Six Wives Of Henry VIII / Silent Nights Rick Wakeman CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Can You Hear Me? by Rick Wakeman (CD, Nov-2003, Hope Entertainment) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Aspirant Sunrise [CD New] US $12.35 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Rick Wakeman/Criminal Record/1977 A&M LP/EX US $8.01 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Rick Wakeman-1984.LP US $11.24 Buy It Now 3h 39m
RICK WAKEMAN "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth" LP US $8.01 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "Myths And Legends Of King Arthur" LP US $8.01 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "No Earthly Connection" LP US $9.62 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "White Rock" LP US $9.62 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "1984" LP US $9.62 [0 bids]
YES YEARS PROMO SAMPLER CD 8HITS JON ANDERSON RICK WAKEMAN STEVE HOWE ALAN WHITE US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
RICK WAKEMAN / ROGER DALTRY "Liztomania" LP US $9.62 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur 1975 A&M GF LP SP-4515 NEAR MINT US $12.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman ?Crimes Of Passion Original Motion Picture Soundtrack lp vinyl US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Rick Wakeman . The Six Wives Of Henry VIII Live At Hampton Court 180 Gram Vinyl US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 29m
RICK WAKEMAN myths and legends of king arthur PPSP 4515 portuguese LP PS EX/VG+ US $16.04 Buy It Now 5h 9m
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry viii AMLH 64361 uk a&m LP PS EX/EX US $14.43 Buy It Now 5h 9m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 LP PS EX/EX gatefold US $14.43 Buy It Now 5h 9m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 A1B1 1st LP PS VG+/EX US $14.43 Buy It Now 5h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 A1B1 1st LP PS EX+/EX US $14.43 Buy It Now 5h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN the 6 wives of henry viii AMLH 64361 translucent red LP PS EX+/EX US $16.04 Buy It Now 5h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN: White Rock LP (punch hole, sl cw) Rock & Pop US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Rick Wakeman 'Swedish Television Special 1980' 58 minute CD. Rare item US $5.99 [0 bids]
Classic Tracks [Hot] by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jan-2008, Fabric Records) US $7.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN LP NO EARTHLY CONNECTION uk a&m 64583 1st press EX+ US $16.05 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Rick Wakeman Rare Collectible box set Journey & Return double LP's & More MIB! US $119.95 [0 bids]
LISZTOMANIA OST LP A&M SP 4546 US Rick Wakeman WHO 1975 SEALED M US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
JIM GILMOUR Great Escape NEW CD Reissue OOP PROG (Saga Max Webster Rick Wakeman) US $12.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - The Myths and Legends Of King Arthur - 1975 gatefold LP US $7.04 Buy It Now 10h 50m
Rick Wakeman six wives henry VIII VG+ vinyl LP "Budget" Free shipping over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Ozzy Osbourne Rick Wakeman Buried Alive Numbered cd single US $39.99 Buy It Now 11h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN I'm So Straight / Do You Believe 45 Pop A&M #535 US $16.00 Buy It Now 11h 39m
RICK WAKEMAN -JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF EARTH LP- BOOKLET US $4.00 Buy It Now 12h
The Mixture by Rick Wakeman (CD, Sep-2003, Voiceprint Records (UK)) US $8.99 Buy It Now 12h 19m
RICK WAKEMAN- THE BURNING (Mini Lp) Air mail (Yes) US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 38m
GOLE Soundtrack LP - 1983 Dutch Pressing CHARISMA Rick Wakeman US $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH W/BOOKLET 1974 A US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN- GOLE! (Mini Lp) Air mail (Yes) US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN / Yes ( 6 WIVES of HENRY VIII ) gatefold PROG vinyl LP w/ bonus tix US $15.95 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Rick Wakeman "Journet to the Centre of the Earth" US $1.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives Of Henry VIII Live At Hampton Court CD NEW/SEALED US $8.03 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Rick Wakeman, Myths & Legends of King Arthur, LP 1975 A&M Records, Gatefold US $3.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman~Original OZ LP Myths and legends EX 1975 Art Rock Prog Rock Yes US $17.56 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Rick Wakeman~Original OZ LP Journey to the centre EX 1974 Art Rock Prog Rock Yes US $15.80 Buy It Now 13h 56m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP Vinyl A & M Records US $16.99 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Yes~Original US LP Close to the edge NM Prog Art Rock Rick Wakeman   US $26.36 Buy It Now 14h 43m
Yes~Original US LP Yesterdays EX 1974 Art Rock Rick Wakeman Steve Howe   US $14.92 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Yes~Original US LP Going for the one NM '77 Art Rock Rick Wakeman Steve Howe     US $16.68 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Yes~Original JAP 2XLP Yesshows NM 1980 Prog Rock Rick Wakeman Steve Howe US $23.72 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Rick Wakeman The Myths And Legends - 1st vinyl LP album record UK AMLH64515 US $36.84 Buy It Now 15h 43m
Rick Wakeman The Very Best Of Chronicles YES JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH US $48.14 Buy It Now 16h 10m
Rick Wakeman - Live At The Empire Pool NEW CD US $22.60 Buy It Now 17h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN VINYL journey to the center of the Earth LP booklet ExEx 1974 US $19.00 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Rick Wakeman : King John And The Magna Charter CD US $6.77 Buy It Now 17h 34m
RICK WAKEMAN -Ltd Edition 24 Carat CD Gold Disc-MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR US $176.57 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Rick Wakeman: Classic Tracks CD 2008 Yes Solo Best Of Greatest Hits SFMCD003 NEW US $4.95 Buy It Now 18h 26m
TONY FERNANDEZ & RICK WAKEMAN ZODIAQUE JAPAN CD OBI 2800yen JIM 1ST PRESS US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN & HIS BAND - CIRQUE SURREAL CD Album ( YES / THE STRAWBS ) *NEW* US $29.75 Buy It Now 21h 7m
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (NEW CD) US $16.44 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Rick Wakeman - Return To The Centre Of The Earth (NEW CD) US $16.44 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Rick Wakeman: "The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Rick Wakeman-" Catherine/Anne" US $3.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN. "THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII" A&M UK 1973 LP. G/F. US $11.22 Buy It Now 22h 9m
7" Vinyl - Rick Wakeman - My Son My Son US $8.01 Buy It Now 22h 10m
Rick Wakeman - White rock UK VINYL LP SOUNDTRACK US $12.83 Buy It Now 22h 58m
RICK WAKEMAN ex YES - Rhapsodies - 2 Lp set - A&M SP 6501 - 2 Lps US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 6m
Into Orbit by Rick Wakeman (CD, Jan-2005, Direct Source) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Journey by Rick Wakeman NEW US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman(Gatefold)The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur-VG/NM US $13.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman 2000 A.D. Into the Future Japan CD JICK-89028 Yes US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives of Henry VIII CD NEW & SEALED US $11.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman / Six Wives of Henry VIII / UK A&M Green Label 1st LP / EX+ US $22.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman Rhapsodies Yes Very Nice Over 500 Fairly priced LP's US $2.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Myths and Legends of King Arthur vinyl LP US $9.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman **Journey to the Centre of the Earth **Brand New CD!! US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LP SP-4361 US $5.85 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - 1984 - LIVE AT THE HAMMERSMITH ODEON 1981(CD+DVD) - RICK004CD US $23.56 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Return To The Centre Of The Earth 2x Vinyl LP 2014 NEW US $37.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Out There by Rick Wakeman *New CD* US $15.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Wakeman with Wakeman by Adam Wakeman/Rick Wakeman *New CD* US $9.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman White Rock Japan Lp Obi Orig Yes Innsbruck Audiophile Prog Yes US $21.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - 1984 [CD New] US $15.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Softsword [CD New] US $12.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Rock'N Roll Prophet Plus [CD New] US $12.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Vol. 1-Bootleg Box [CD New] US $20.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Private Collection [CD New] US $13.68 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives of Henry VIII LP OOP early-70's prog-rock Yes US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OST THE BURNING LP w/OBI Insert Rick Wakeman JAPAN ISSUE US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP Record Album Condition Very Good US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Country airs US $14.43 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Hmm .. actually, I'm sick (physically - not mentally man! Coz I still have prog mind! How can you say someone is sick if he still got prog mind?!) right now but .. I can not stop writing my thoughts / views about prog music. So I gab my laptop, plug in the output jack to my amps and enjoy the writing. Hope that right after writing this review I will get better (I am sure man!). So . prog heals the world! It happened that before I got sick, I plan to review this solo performance by my keyboard hero Rick Wakeman. And I remember that Rick wrote the concept of "King Arthur" album when he was hospitalized and the doctor advised him to stop making music. What a coincidence with my situation right now! But of course I'm not a great musician like Rick, but I have a strong passion for prog music!

This CD is not mine (of course I will buy it later), it's a property of my prog mate Agung Surjoatmodjo whom just sent me a short message on how he was so damn satisfied enjoying "Fallen Idol" by Arena while he was driving to his office. [Hey, we exchange emotions and feelings down here whenever we are satisfied enjoying certain prog music, through cell phone short messages. Thanks to digital technology!] And now, I'm enjoying his CD collection featuring Rick Wakeman's piano solo performance. What do you expect from this album? First off, it's recommended that you have been familiar with old songs of Yes and ABWH or Rick's solo plus some other oldies by other musicians as well. That will give you full satisfaction with this album. But, if you can enjoy solo piano work, it's okay also, you still can enjoy this album and later you buy the original song version. Either way is okay. Through this album Rick demonstrates his virtuosities with his rapid finger punch on the piano. It's really a rewarding experience enjoying this album especially if you do it during night time.

Opened with a church choral section through "A wish" (1:15) Rick continues his first performance with "A glimpse of Heaven" (4:04) followed with a break. "This is Chaterine Howard" says Rick followed with applaud from the crowd. Rick plays this song from "Six Wives" wonderfully. Oh my God . what a great joy listening how he plays the piano notes skillfully even replacing the keyboard sounds he used in original version. I bet you, if you are familiar with Six Wives album, you will definitely agree with me that this track is fabulous! He then continues the play with an oldie written by Cat Stevens (who changed name to Muhammad Jusuf after he convverted to moslem) . Well, if you were there during the glory days of rock music in the seventies, you must know this song really well, even though it's not rock.

"Wondrous stories" (4:06) from Yes "Going For The One" performed with a single piano work? Great! The sounds produced from piano notes and chords are really stunning. Definitely, if you love the original version, you can appreciate this track. Wonderful performance. What I also like about this piano album is that the inclusion of David Bowie's legendary tune "Space Oddity". I'm not a fan of Bowie, but Space Oddity has special meaning for me. The song has colored my childhood when I first in love with rock music. It was categorized under Top Oldies compilation altogether with "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" (Hollies), "The House of The Rising Sun" (The Animals), "It's Me That You Need" (Elton John), "A Certain of Kind" (Bloodrock), "Singing Song" (Frumpy) .. oh what a wonderful childhood that I cannot remember the rest of my life.! And this time Rick plays "This is major Tom to ground control ." and "Tell my wife I love her very much she knows .." through his finger punch over the piano! What memorable and melodic notes! Mbrebes mili man .!

Oh I'm writing the fifth paragraph now, I'd better stop it now before you get mad with me writing a novel-long review. Sorry - this album deserves long review, actually. Ok ok ok . "The Meeting" by ABWH is a great performance. I remember when Rick met the IPS (Indonesian Progressive Society) members personally at his Hilton Hotel with Tony Fernandez in 2002, he played this song with piano while all members of IPS sung together "Surely I could tell ." What a memorable event! And Rick is a humble person because he was OK meeting with all of us and we had fun together at that time. Other tracks that I'm sure you will love them are: "And you and I" (5:50) , "Merlin the magician" (5:48) and "Gone but not forgotten" (7:05).

It's a highly recommended live album! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#47370) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A live album made of piano only can exist only in classical, jazz and prog worlds, and there aren't many players able to make something so good other than the dinosaur Rick Wakeman.

Looking at the tracks one may struggle in finding a connection if he doesn't know that Wakeman other than a very huge solo discography and all the things done with the YES, has worked also for David Bowie and Cat Stevens, so ALL the tracks in the list have been originally played and arranged by him.

Just think to three hits like "Space Oddity", "Life On Mars" and "Morning Has Broken", three songs in the history of the 20th century's music, and it's amazing how this piano performance can make us forget the missing singers. Can anybody imagine "And You And I" or "Wonderous Stories" without Jon Anderson's voice? Well, Rick Wakeman is able with his piano to make us forget it.

Nothing to say about the songs from his solo works, if not that Cathrine Howard sounds very good even without synths. We probably prefer listening to the original versions, but let this album go and you'll better appreciate the composing skill other than the impressive technique...we are speaking of one of the best keyboardists ever. I remember to have seen him live in the 80s, very close to the stage just in front of him and being unable to count out how many fingers he has in his hands.

Exactly the countrary of pompous albums full of orchestra, intrumentists and choirs like Journey and Myths and Legends, this album reveals better the greatness of this composer, arranger and performer.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#952617) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 02, 2013

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "The Piano Album - Live"