THE PIANO ALBUM - LIVE

Rick Wakeman The Piano Album - Live album cover

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Live, released in 1995

1. A wish (1:15)
2. A glimpse of Heaven (4:04)
3. Catherine Howard (7:35)
4. Morning has broken (3:18)
5. Wondrous stories (4:06)
6. Chapel hill (3:39)
7. St. Michael's isle (3:40)
8. Space oddity (4:04)
9. Life on Mars (3:14)
10. The meeting (2:10)
11. And you and I (5:50)
12. Merlin the magician (5:48)
13. Gone but not forgotten (7:05)

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live tabs

- Rick Wakeman / piano

Cd. Castle Communication ESSCD 322

and to 996r for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
Fontana a&M 1990
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
Heritage SuiteHeritage Suite
President Records 1993
Rick Wakeman- Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record- new/sealed 8 Track tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 41s
Rick Wakeman No Earthly Connection Vinyl LP A&M Label AMLK64583 ( creased Foil) US $16.71 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Rick Wakeman 7" vinyl picture disc single Animal Showdown + PVC sleeve UK US $23.96 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth UK vinyl LP album record US $26.05 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Rick Wakeman 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) Rhapsodies UK AMLX68508 A US $39.83 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Rock N' Roll Prophet Rick Wakeman UK vinyl LP album record LUNALP1 MOON 1982 US $32.73 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Glory Boys Rick Wakeman UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 12WAKE1 TBG 1984 US $29.37 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Beyond The Planets - Jeff Wayne Rick Wakeman - 1984 UK Telstar Vinyl LP US $16.73 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Rick Wakeman VIAJE AL CENTRO Argentina Israel LP LISTEN US $9.74 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Rick Wakeman - Out of the Blue (Live Recording) (CD 2002) NEW & SEALED US $6.68 Buy It Now 3h 18m
1975 - RICK WAKEMAN - Myths & Legends Of King Arthur - Press Advert Poster Size US $15.04 Buy It Now 3h 49m
RICK WAKEMAN;Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record; 1977 LP US $9.62 Buy It Now 4h 17m
ROGER DALTREY & RICK WAKEMAN "LISZTOMANIA" SOUNDTRACK US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
RICK WAKEMAN Rock N' Roll Prophet 1982 U.K. pressing LP. A1 condition! US $10.87 Buy It Now 4h 35m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH 1974 A&M SP3621 RARE OOP US $2.00 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman 'Live' 2000 8-track CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman (plus others) 'Collage II' 1992 8-track CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman 'Live' 5-track CD (2002) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1972 A&M Records 33rpm LP SP-4361 US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Rick Wakeman & New English Rock Ensemble - Out There CD (2003) Prog Rock US $14.71 Buy It Now 7h 28m
SHOGUN Jus-Tus Rock 1985 Japanese Vinyl LP with Rick Wakeman Claire Hamill + Obi US $18.39 Buy It Now 7h 34m
YES -CLOSE TO THE EDGE -SIGNED COVER BY RICK WAKEMAN -ATLANTIC FRANCE -1972 PROG US $5.67 [3 bids]
SIGNED RICK WAKEMAN LP THE MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR....A&M -1975 PROG -Ex+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH*VG+*A&M 3156*YES US $1.99 [0 bids]
LISZTOMANIA Soundtrack LP NM US ROGER DALTERY Rick Wakeman 1975 THE WHO US $9.98 Buy It Now 9h 2m
Rick Wakeman: "The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 19m
Rick Wakeman - Swan Lager - UK Promo 7" Single - AMS7497 ex/m US $12.15 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Rick Wakeman - I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo - UK Promo 7" Single - AMS7510 ex/m US $8.52 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Rick Wakeman - Country Airs - Piano Solos - Audio Cassette Tape Album US $16.65 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Rick Wakeman Lp Journey to the Center of the Earth US $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN - ZODIAQUE - NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 9h 58m
BEYOND THE PLANETS LP JEFF WAYNE RICK WAKEMAN KEVIN PEEK GUSTAV HOLST US $8.01 Buy It Now 10h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN~LP KING ARTHUR/KNIGHTS ROUND TABLE W/ Booklet Insert Gatefold US $8.36 [0 bids]
Recollections the very best of Rick Wakeman (1973-1979) CD~ US $13.95 [0 bids]
Original Soundtrack Gole Feat Rick Wakeman 12 Track Vinyl LP US $12.53 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Rick Wakeman Journey to the Center of the Earth Record Album Condition Very Good US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Preludes To A Century - Rick Wakeman (2000, CD New) US $12.23 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Zodiaque - Rick Wakeman (2001, CD New) US $10.34 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Rick Wakeman-The Myths and Legends...-LP-A&M-SP4515-VG+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 30m
RICK WAKEMAN-NO EARTHLY CONNECTION 1976 A&M RECORDS LP SP-4583 EXC. VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN "SIX WIVES OF HENRY THE VIII" LP US $10.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
RICK WAKEMAN-MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR 1975 A&M RECORDS LP SP-3230 EXC. VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 52m
LP Record Rick Wakeman " White Rock " SP-4614 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman ?- The Legend (Live In Concert 2000) DVD+CD - All regions * SEALED US $32.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
Vintage 1976; Rick Wakeman No Earthly Connection; 8 track tape US $9.00 Buy It Now 13h 14m
STRAWBS/Rick Wakeman +from the witchwood+RARE+1971+ US $13.98 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Journey to the Center of the Earth GP-226 LP I2263 US $7.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN CAPED CRUSADER 5 CD COLLECTORS CLUB BOX VOL.1 LIVE BOSTON 1974 NEW US $14.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman-Live in Concert: +DVD CD New US $53.10 Buy It Now 14h 8m
RARE RICK WAKEMAN "MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHURS" QUADRADISCLP US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives Of Henry VII A&M Stereo US $5.95 Buy It Now 14h 48m
RICK WAKEMAN 1975 LP(A & M 54515 QUAD)MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR US $8.95 Buy It Now 14h 53m
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH , A&M 1974 , EX/M- ,LP US $7.45 Buy It Now 16h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN - THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR , A & M PORTUGAL 1975 , VG++ US $7.45 Buy It Now 16h 13m
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth VINYL rarest GERMANY IMPORT 1974 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Journey to the Centre of the Earth LP EX NICE TOP COPY US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 58m
AFTER FIVE ESCAPE (Rick Wakeman/Nine Invisibles/Chevy Martin/Phil Thornton) CD US $5.77 Buy It Now 17h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN - 2 VINYL LP ALBUMS - GOOD CONDITION US $12.00 [0 bids]
THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS. 1997 CD. Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson, Kitaro, Alquimia US $9.98 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman's, Criminal Record, WLP Promo Descriptive Notes Record Album Vinyl US $14.97 Buy It Now 20h 10m
Out There, Rick Wakeman, Good US $6.17 Buy It Now 21h 52m
A&M's PRE-RELEASE SAMPLER LP 1979 #20 LTD RICK WAKEMAN US $6.47 Buy It Now 22h 26m
LISZTOMANIA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RICK WAKEMAN / ROGER DALTRY VINYL L.P. ~ US $8.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - RockN Roll Prophet Plus CD US $19.93 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN "NO EARTHLY CONNECTION" UK A&M TAPE 1976 ex US $3.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman 1984 - Charisma LP 1981 12" US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN 2000 AD into the future RARE AMBIENT RECORDS CD AMB-6M/CD! US $41.83 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII 1973 A&M A1 B1 JANE SEYMOUR EX VINYL LP US $14.22 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN art in music trilogy 3CD box set MUSIC FUSION MFACD002! US $41.81 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth US $15.04 Buy It Now 1 day
rick wakeman-journey to the centre of the earth US $8.25 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Center of the Earth lp, A&M SP 3621, 1974, BOOKLET US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII a Landmark Album Listen to a Track Here US $7.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - ANIMAL SHOWDOWN - 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC 1979 A&M US $10.02 Buy It Now 1 day
rick wakeman king arthur advert 1975, original full page magazine advert US $8.35 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN FOUR VERY CLEAN OLD RECORDS PLEASE SEE THE DESCRIPTIONS US $3.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN the myths and legends of king arthur AMLH 64515 uk a US $15.04 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - SONGS OF MIDDLE EARTH (INSPIRED BY LORD OF THE RINGS) CD NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN White Rock 1977 UK vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $16.71 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - CVRIMINAL RECORD - A&M RECORDS-SP-4660 - "SEALED" - "SEALED" US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Vinyl LP "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN'S GREATEST HITS 1994 on two CD's Very Good Condition US $4.75 [0 bids]
Criminal Record by Rick Wakeman [Vinyl VG++ / VG++] US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
rick wakeman 7" (picture disc) animal showdown 1979 A&M AMLX68508 EX+ US $12.03 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - NO EARTHLY CONNECTION (REISSUE) NEW CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 1 day
No Earthly Connection - Rick Wakeman (2013, CD New) US $8.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman-Myths And Legends Of King Arthur-LP-Gate-Booklet-Vinyl Record-NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman Criminal Record LP A&M AMLK64660 EX/EX 1977 with inner, US record i US $16.73 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - ALMOST LIVE IN EUROPE [604388493524] - NEW CD US $6.73 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUNDTRACK THEATRE LP RICK WAKEMAN WHITE ROCK US $7.85 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN LISZTOMANIA CD MINI LP OBI US $15.67 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN THE BURNING CD MINI LP OBI US $15.67 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE USED 8 TRACK TAPE JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH RICK WAKEMAN US $1.50 [0 bids]
No Earthly Connection Rick Wakeman CD US $11.55 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Rick Wakeman 1998 [Wise Buy] US $10.00 [0 bids]
3 LP LOT - RICK WAKEMAN, Six Wives of Henry VIII, King Arthur, 1984 (all NM-) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman LP Journey To The Center Of The Earth Excel In & Out - Take A Look! US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry viii L 34804 aussie a&m 1973 LP PS EX+/EX US $41.81 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN: The Myths And Legends of King Arthur And The Knights NM/VG++ US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN vinyl lp THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Hmm .. actually, I'm sick (physically - not mentally man! Coz I still have prog mind! How can you say someone is sick if he still got prog mind?!) right now but .. I can not stop writing my thoughts / views about prog music. So I gab my laptop, plug in the output jack to my amps and enjoy the writing. Hope that right after writing this review I will get better (I am sure man!). So . prog heals the world! It happened that before I got sick, I plan to review this solo performance by my keyboard hero Rick Wakeman. And I remember that Rick wrote the concept of "King Arthur" album when he was hospitalized and the doctor advised him to stop making music. What a coincidence with my situation right now! But of course I'm not a great musician like Rick, but I have a strong passion for prog music!

This CD is not mine (of course I will buy it later), it's a property of my prog mate Agung Surjoatmodjo whom just sent me a short message on how he was so damn satisfied enjoying "Fallen Idol" by Arena while he was driving to his office. [Hey, we exchange emotions and feelings down here whenever we are satisfied enjoying certain prog music, through cell phone short messages. Thanks to digital technology!] And now, I'm enjoying his CD collection featuring Rick Wakeman's piano solo performance. What do you expect from this album? First off, it's recommended that you have been familiar with old songs of Yes and ABWH or Rick's solo plus some other oldies by other musicians as well. That will give you full satisfaction with this album. But, if you can enjoy solo piano work, it's okay also, you still can enjoy this album and later you buy the original song version. Either way is okay. Through this album Rick demonstrates his virtuosities with his rapid finger punch on the piano. It's really a rewarding experience enjoying this album especially if you do it during night time.

Opened with a church choral section through "A wish" (1:15) Rick continues his first performance with "A glimpse of Heaven" (4:04) followed with a break. "This is Chaterine Howard" says Rick followed with applaud from the crowd. Rick plays this song from "Six Wives" wonderfully. Oh my God . what a great joy listening how he plays the piano notes skillfully even replacing the keyboard sounds he used in original version. I bet you, if you are familiar with Six Wives album, you will definitely agree with me that this track is fabulous! He then continues the play with an oldie written by Cat Stevens (who changed name to Muhammad Jusuf after he convverted to moslem) . Well, if you were there during the glory days of rock music in the seventies, you must know this song really well, even though it's not rock.

"Wondrous stories" (4:06) from Yes "Going For The One" performed with a single piano work? Great! The sounds produced from piano notes and chords are really stunning. Definitely, if you love the original version, you can appreciate this track. Wonderful performance. What I also like about this piano album is that the inclusion of David Bowie's legendary tune "Space Oddity". I'm not a fan of Bowie, but Space Oddity has special meaning for me. The song has colored my childhood when I first in love with rock music. It was categorized under Top Oldies compilation altogether with "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" (Hollies), "The House of The Rising Sun" (The Animals), "It's Me That You Need" (Elton John), "A Certain of Kind" (Bloodrock), "Singing Song" (Frumpy) .. oh what a wonderful childhood that I cannot remember the rest of my life.! And this time Rick plays "This is major Tom to ground control ." and "Tell my wife I love her very much she knows .." through his finger punch over the piano! What memorable and melodic notes! Mbrebes mili man .!

Oh I'm writing the fifth paragraph now, I'd better stop it now before you get mad with me writing a novel-long review. Sorry - this album deserves long review, actually. Ok ok ok . "The Meeting" by ABWH is a great performance. I remember when Rick met the IPS (Indonesian Progressive Society) members personally at his Hilton Hotel with Tony Fernandez in 2002, he played this song with piano while all members of IPS sung together "Surely I could tell ." What a memorable event! And Rick is a humble person because he was OK meeting with all of us and we had fun together at that time. Other tracks that I'm sure you will love them are: "And you and I" (5:50) , "Merlin the magician" (5:48) and "Gone but not forgotten" (7:05).

It's a highly recommended live album! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#47370) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A live album made of piano only can exist only in classical, jazz and prog worlds, and there aren't many players able to make something so good other than the dinosaur Rick Wakeman.

Looking at the tracks one may struggle in finding a connection if he doesn't know that Wakeman other than a very huge solo discography and all the things done with the YES, has worked also for David Bowie and Cat Stevens, so ALL the tracks in the list have been originally played and arranged by him.

Just think to three hits like "Space Oddity", "Life On Mars" and "Morning Has Broken", three songs in the history of the 20th century's music, and it's amazing how this piano performance can make us forget the missing singers. Can anybody imagine "And You And I" or "Wonderous Stories" without Jon Anderson's voice? Well, Rick Wakeman is able with his piano to make us forget it.

Nothing to say about the songs from his solo works, if not that Cathrine Howard sounds very good even without synths. We probably prefer listening to the original versions, but let this album go and you'll better appreciate the composing skill other than the impressive technique...we are speaking of one of the best keyboardists ever. I remember to have seen him live in the 80s, very close to the stage just in front of him and being unable to count out how many fingers he has in his hands.

Exactly the countrary of pompous albums full of orchestra, intrumentists and choirs like Journey and Myths and Legends, this album reveals better the greatness of this composer, arranger and performer.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#952617) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 02, 2013

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "The Piano Album - Live"