THE PIANO ALBUM - LIVE

Rick Wakeman The Piano Album - Live album cover

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Live, released in 1995

1. A wish (1:15)
2. A glimpse of Heaven (4:04)
3. Catherine Howard (7:35)
4. Morning has broken (3:18)
5. Wondrous stories (4:06)
6. Chapel hill (3:39)
7. St. Michael's isle (3:40)
8. Space oddity (4:04)
9. Life on Mars (3:14)
10. The meeting (2:10)
11. And you and I (5:50)
12. Merlin the magician (5:48)
13. Gone but not forgotten (7:05)

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live tabs

- Rick Wakeman / piano

Cd. Castle Communication ESSCD 322

and to 996r for the last updates

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live Music

Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
WRITE NOTES 2014
Rick Wakeman's Criminal RecordRick Wakeman's Criminal Record
Real Gone Music 2014
The Six Wives of Henry VIIIThe Six Wives of Henry VIII
A&M Records 1990
The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round TableThe Myths & Legends Of King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table
A&M 1990
Journey to the Centre of the EarthJourney to the Centre of the Earth
Fontana a&M 1990
Return to the Centre of the EarthReturn to the Centre of the Earth
Write Notes 2014
White RockWhite Rock
Real Gone Music 2014
Live at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on IceLive at the Empire Pool-King Arthur on Ice
United States Dist 2014
No Earthly ConnectionNo Earthly Connection
Remastered · Collector's Edition
Real Gone Music 2013
RICK WAKEMAN meets MOOG Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1972 US $19.48 Buy It Now 33m 55s
RICK WAKEMAN Six wives Vintage Music Press poster size LP Advert/Cutting 1973 US $19.48 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Rick Wakeman(Vinyl LP)1984-Charisma-Ex/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Rick Wakeman - Rhapsodies (2870) A&M Records (1979) AMLX 68 508 - 12" Double LP US $14.50 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Rick Wakeman The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur... (2871) A&M Records (1975) US $11.58 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Rick Wakeman Myths And Legends Of King Arthur...(2355) A&M (1975) AMLH 64515 LP US $11.58 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (2353) A&M (1974) AMLH63621 - LP US $11.58 Buy It Now 2h 26m
RICK WAKEMAN~THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII [A4/B3] 1973 US $4.87 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman Myths & Legends Of King Arthur...(2356) A&M (1975) AMLH 64515 LP US $12.06 Buy It Now 2h 28m
RICK WAKEMAN (Yes) - Rhapsodies - Original 1979 2xLP US $11.36 Buy It Now 3h 25m
RICK WAKEMAN Criminal Record 1977 OZ A&M EX/VG++ US $6.32 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Rick Wakeman Journey to The Centre of The Earth LP NM "Picture/Lyric Booklet Yes US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
RICK WAKEMAN THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR (LP) US $16.22 Buy It Now 4h 20m
CD Rick Wakeman - Live In Nottingham (Ultra Rare Brazil Edition - Hard To Find) US $17.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN 1984 LP WITH INNER SLEEVE UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 4h 34m
RICK WAKEMAN SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LP WITH G/FOLD COVER - BROWN LABEL UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 4h 35m
RICK WAKEMAN ROCK N ROLL PROPHET LP 1982 UK US $19.48 Buy It Now 4h 44m
RICK WAKEMAN cassette tape album JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH US $10.54 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Xue Wei and the Romance of Cremona by Rick Wakeman (CD, Nov-2000, President) US $4.95 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN WHITE ROCK LP 1976 OST MUSIC FOR WINTER OLYMPICS UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 5h 10m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH LP G/FOLD COVER AND BOOKLET UK US $19.48 Buy It Now 5h 12m
RICK WAKEMAN vinyl LP record WHITE ROCK US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
RICK WAKEMAN LISZTOMANIA LP SOUNDTRACK OF THE FILM ALSO FEATURING ROGER DALTREY US $16.23 Buy It Now 5h 21m
RICK WAKEMAN CRIMINAL RECORD LP 1977 WITH ALAN WHITE AND CHRIS SQUIRE UK US $19.48 Buy It Now 5h 22m
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry viii LP VG+ SP 4361 Vinyl 1973 Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 5h 28m
RICK WAKEMAN SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LP WITH G/FOLD COVER UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 5h 30m
RICK WAKEMAN MYTHS + LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR LP G/FOLD COVER WITH BOOKLET UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 5h 53m
RICK WAKEMAN "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH" LP WITH BOOKLET US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Rick Wakeman, Journey to the Centre of the Earth Audio CD US $9.29 Buy It Now 6h 9m
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur 1975 A&M GF LP SP-4515 NEAR MINT US $12.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Almost Live in Europe CD 1995 Griffin 1989-1991 Ashley Holt US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 14m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII LIVE AT HAMPTON COURT PALACE SEALED CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 7h 19m
RICK WAKEMAN white rock soundtrack AMLH 64614 uk a&m LP PS EX/EX US $14.59 Buy It Now 7h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN rhapsodies AMLX68508 uk a&m 1979 DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX gatefold sleeve US $14.59 Buy It Now 7h 41m
RICK WAKEMAN the myths and legends of king arthur AMLH 64515 uk a US $14.59 Buy It Now 7h 46m
RICK WAKEMAN the six wives of henry viii L 34804 aussie a&m 1973 LP PS EX+/EX US $27.83 Buy It Now 7h 47m
Rick Wakeman - 8 Mini LP SHM CD Japan 2009 + Promo-Box +3 bonus CD VERY RARE OOP US $750.00 Buy It Now 7h 57m
EX:EX !! Rick Wakeman/1984/1981 Charisma LP US $8.10 Buy It Now 8h 11m
DAVID BOWIE - Hunky Dory - Rare Ryko Au20 GOLD Disc CD Rick Wakeman Mick Ronson US $112.65 Buy It Now 8h 32m
LISZTOMANIA OST - ROGER DALTREY / RICK WAKEMAN - EXCELLENT CONDITION US $11.35 Buy It Now 8h 52m
Rick Wakeman Vinyl Record Album Great Condition US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Rick Wakeman 'Fields Of Green' 10-track 1997 CD, w/ extra track US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - King Arthur WHITE LABEL PROMO with Booklet A+M SP-4515 Stereo gf US $12.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman 'Criminal Record' 6-track 1977 CD. Japanese release. Rare item US $7.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Live At Hammersmith 1986 HOLLAND / JAPAN CD issue US $22.40 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Rick Wakeman - My Inspiration CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 11h 40m
RICK WAKEMAN - THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII (SP4361) Great gatefold album! US $7.00 Buy It Now 11h 53m
Rick Wakeman 'Swedish Television Special 1980' 58 minute CD. Rare item US $7.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" LP 1974 A&M SP-3621 (Vinyl) US $7.95 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Rick Wakeman (plus others) 'Collage II' 1992 8-track CD US $3.49 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman 'Live' 2000 8-track CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN nr mint vinyl lp 1984 US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 52m
RICK WAKEMAN VINYL journey to the center of the Earth LP booklet ExEx 1974 US $18.99 [0 bids]
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (MFSL Gold CD)NEW, SEALED US $99.00 Buy It Now 12h 57m
AL STEWART ORANGE 1992 UK BGO CD 154 RICK WAKEMAN/ BOB DYLAN: I DONT BELIEVE YOU US $14.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII LP RECORD 33 RPM US $6.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - NO EARTHLY CONNECTION (SP4583) VG/VG+ cond. US $7.00 Buy It Now 13h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN No Earthly Connection 1975 A&M CLASSIC ROCK LP US $13.00 Buy It Now 13h 52m
RICK WAKEMAN White Rock 1977 A&M SOUNDTRACK Innsbruck Olympic Winter Games US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN Rhapsodies 1979 A&M CLASSIC ROCK DOUBLE LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 13h 58m
RICK WAKEMAN Japan 1981 NM LP+Obi 1984 25S-41 US $49.99 Buy It Now 14h
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY..CENTRE OF EARTH (SP3621) VG cond. some poster damage! US $7.00 Buy It Now 14h 8m
RICK WAKEMAN The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur 1975 A&M CLASSIC ROCK w INSERT US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 23m
RICK WAKEMAN Criminal Record 1977 A&M CLASSIC ROCK LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 29m
CRIMES OF PASSION (score by Rick Wakeman for the Ken Russell film) US $10.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN (former YES member) THEMES British Import CD / NEW / SEALED US $6.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman KING ARTHUR & THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE A&M SP-4515 W/Bklet NM US $12.95 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII a Landmark Album Listen to a Track Here US $7.95 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman- Criminal Record- 1977- new/sealed cassette tape US $6.50 Buy It Now 14h 51m
QUADRAPHONIC RICK WAKEMAN "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH" QUAD 8 TRACK TAPE US $39.00 Buy It Now 15h
RICK WAKEMAN - TIME MACHINE [RICK WAKEMAN] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $10.26 Buy It Now 15h 7m
RICK WAKEMAN - 2 VINYL LP ALBUMS - GOOD CONDITION US $10.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN - "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH" LP US $9.74 Buy It Now 15h 30m
RICK WAKEMAN - WHITE ROCK - NEW CD US $9.45 Buy It Now 15h 42m
Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII 33 1/3 Lp A&M Records Opens sleeve US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman White Rock Soundtrack LP A&M SP-4614 1977 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Rick Wakeman Myths & Legends LP A&M SP 4515 1975 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 9m
RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY THE THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 PROMO US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 51m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII PROMO A&M 1973 US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 54m
Rick Wakeman - journey to the centre of the earth - 1974 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman - Jorney To The Centre Of The Earth - LP Record EX EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 26m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII VINYL LP RECORD First Press US $7.99 [0 bids]
Strawbs 40th Anniversary Celebration, Vol. 2: Rick Wakeman & Dave Cousins [19... US $17.59 Buy It Now 17h 44m
RICK WAKEMAN White Rock WHITE LABEL PROMO LP A&M SP-4614 (1977) Winter Games US $4.79 Buy It Now 18h 4m
Rick Wakeman "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" Vinyl LP Record G/G US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 6m
RICK WAKEMAN Vinyl Lp MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR 1975 W/Insert A&M Beauty! US $9.95 Buy It Now 18h 22m
RICK WAKEMAN Rare Vinyl Lp THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII 1973 A&M Lbl Beauty! US $13.95 Buy It Now 18h 22m
Rick Wakeman vinyl LP album record Journey To The Centre Of The Earth UK US $22.65 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Rick Wakeman 1984 - Nineteen Eighty Four UK vinyl LP album record CDS4022 US $22.65 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Rick Wakeman The Myths And Legends - 1st vinyl LP album record UK AMLH64515 US $30.76 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Rick Wakeman Lp- Six Wives Of Henry VIII US $5.41 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Rick Wakeman - Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981 (DVD/CD) - RICK004CD US $16.22 Buy It Now 22h 49m
RICK WAKEMAN THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY V111 VINYL LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN Myths and Legends of King Arthur CD Mini LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - ASPIRANT SUNRISE [5017447400176] - NEW CD US $11.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - 1984 - Live At The Hammersmith Odeon 1981 (NEW CD+DVD) US $24.34 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN - THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII CD US $5.16 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN~~JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE: RICK WAKEMAN King Arthur knights of round table ROCK POP PROG YES US $5.67 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives Of Henry The VIII SIS PROG US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN The Piano Album - Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Hmm .. actually, I'm sick (physically - not mentally man! Coz I still have prog mind! How can you say someone is sick if he still got prog mind?!) right now but .. I can not stop writing my thoughts / views about prog music. So I gab my laptop, plug in the output jack to my amps and enjoy the writing. Hope that right after writing this review I will get better (I am sure man!). So . prog heals the world! It happened that before I got sick, I plan to review this solo performance by my keyboard hero Rick Wakeman. And I remember that Rick wrote the concept of "King Arthur" album when he was hospitalized and the doctor advised him to stop making music. What a coincidence with my situation right now! But of course I'm not a great musician like Rick, but I have a strong passion for prog music!

This CD is not mine (of course I will buy it later), it's a property of my prog mate Agung Surjoatmodjo whom just sent me a short message on how he was so damn satisfied enjoying "Fallen Idol" by Arena while he was driving to his office. [Hey, we exchange emotions and feelings down here whenever we are satisfied enjoying certain prog music, through cell phone short messages. Thanks to digital technology!] And now, I'm enjoying his CD collection featuring Rick Wakeman's piano solo performance. What do you expect from this album? First off, it's recommended that you have been familiar with old songs of Yes and ABWH or Rick's solo plus some other oldies by other musicians as well. That will give you full satisfaction with this album. But, if you can enjoy solo piano work, it's okay also, you still can enjoy this album and later you buy the original song version. Either way is okay. Through this album Rick demonstrates his virtuosities with his rapid finger punch on the piano. It's really a rewarding experience enjoying this album especially if you do it during night time.

Opened with a church choral section through "A wish" (1:15) Rick continues his first performance with "A glimpse of Heaven" (4:04) followed with a break. "This is Chaterine Howard" says Rick followed with applaud from the crowd. Rick plays this song from "Six Wives" wonderfully. Oh my God . what a great joy listening how he plays the piano notes skillfully even replacing the keyboard sounds he used in original version. I bet you, if you are familiar with Six Wives album, you will definitely agree with me that this track is fabulous! He then continues the play with an oldie written by Cat Stevens (who changed name to Muhammad Jusuf after he convverted to moslem) . Well, if you were there during the glory days of rock music in the seventies, you must know this song really well, even though it's not rock.

"Wondrous stories" (4:06) from Yes "Going For The One" performed with a single piano work? Great! The sounds produced from piano notes and chords are really stunning. Definitely, if you love the original version, you can appreciate this track. Wonderful performance. What I also like about this piano album is that the inclusion of David Bowie's legendary tune "Space Oddity". I'm not a fan of Bowie, but Space Oddity has special meaning for me. The song has colored my childhood when I first in love with rock music. It was categorized under Top Oldies compilation altogether with "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" (Hollies), "The House of The Rising Sun" (The Animals), "It's Me That You Need" (Elton John), "A Certain of Kind" (Bloodrock), "Singing Song" (Frumpy) .. oh what a wonderful childhood that I cannot remember the rest of my life.! And this time Rick plays "This is major Tom to ground control ." and "Tell my wife I love her very much she knows .." through his finger punch over the piano! What memorable and melodic notes! Mbrebes mili man .!

Oh I'm writing the fifth paragraph now, I'd better stop it now before you get mad with me writing a novel-long review. Sorry - this album deserves long review, actually. Ok ok ok . "The Meeting" by ABWH is a great performance. I remember when Rick met the IPS (Indonesian Progressive Society) members personally at his Hilton Hotel with Tony Fernandez in 2002, he played this song with piano while all members of IPS sung together "Surely I could tell ." What a memorable event! And Rick is a humble person because he was OK meeting with all of us and we had fun together at that time. Other tracks that I'm sure you will love them are: "And you and I" (5:50) , "Merlin the magician" (5:48) and "Gone but not forgotten" (7:05).

It's a highly recommended live album! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#47370) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A live album made of piano only can exist only in classical, jazz and prog worlds, and there aren't many players able to make something so good other than the dinosaur Rick Wakeman.

Looking at the tracks one may struggle in finding a connection if he doesn't know that Wakeman other than a very huge solo discography and all the things done with the YES, has worked also for David Bowie and Cat Stevens, so ALL the tracks in the list have been originally played and arranged by him.

Just think to three hits like "Space Oddity", "Life On Mars" and "Morning Has Broken", three songs in the history of the 20th century's music, and it's amazing how this piano performance can make us forget the missing singers. Can anybody imagine "And You And I" or "Wonderous Stories" without Jon Anderson's voice? Well, Rick Wakeman is able with his piano to make us forget it.

Nothing to say about the songs from his solo works, if not that Cathrine Howard sounds very good even without synths. We probably prefer listening to the original versions, but let this album go and you'll better appreciate the composing skill other than the impressive technique...we are speaking of one of the best keyboardists ever. I remember to have seen him live in the 80s, very close to the stage just in front of him and being unable to count out how many fingers he has in his hands.

Exactly the countrary of pompous albums full of orchestra, intrumentists and choirs like Journey and Myths and Legends, this album reveals better the greatness of this composer, arranger and performer.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#952617) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 02, 2013

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "The Piano Album - Live"