CLOSER TO DOOM

4. Salvation (3:20)
5. In The Void (4:16)
6. Closer To Doom (4:57)
Bonus Tracks:
7. Theme One (2:42) (From "An Instrumental Thing")
8. I, the Jury (3:13) (Previously released single '94)
9. Fight (3:19) ('92 demo)
10. Baron Saturday (3:44) (Recorded live at the Viper Room February 1996)

Search BIGELF Closer To Doom lyrics

Search BIGELF Closer To Doom tabs

- Damon Fox / keyboards, guitar, vocals
- Andrew H.M. Jones / guitar, piano, vocals
- Richard Anton / bass guitar, vocals
- Steve Frothingham / drums

RECORD HEAVEN (RHCD6)

and to Snow Dog for the last updates

BIGELF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BIGELF Closer To Doom Music

Into the MaelstromInto the Maelstrom
Inside Out U.S. 2014
Cheat the GallowsCheat the Gallows
Custard 2008
Closer To DoomCloser To Doom
Third Hole Records 1997
Cheat the Gallows 2LP (180g Vinyl)Cheat the Gallows 2LP (180g Vinyl)
Limited Edition
Into the MaelstromInto the Maelstrom
Imports 2014
CHEAT THE GALLOWSCHEAT THE GALLOWS
EMIMUSIC JAPAN
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP & CD) US $38.21 Buy It Now 5h 22m
BIGELF closer to doom 1997 cd US $3.10 [0 bids]
BIGELF money machine 2000 cd US $3.10 [0 bids]
BIGELF INTO THE MAELSTROM 2 X LP QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE LP MINT SEALED US $64.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Cheat the Gallows [Digipak] by Bigelf (CD, Aug-2008, Custard) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Bigelf - Closer to Doom ( CD ) NEW / SEALED US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
BIGELF-Into The Maelstrom-2014 2LP/CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BIGELF - CLOSER TO DOOM [BIGELF] - NEW CD US $29.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom (Double Black Vinyl + CD) US $17.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CMJ Player 2007 17 Song Promo CD Sealed Aux Raus Bigelf Eldar MORE US $4.99 [0 bids]
Bigelf - Money, It's Pure Evil - 2 Track U.S. Promo CD Single 2008 US $1.99 [0 bids]
BIGELF *rare* large vintage promo sticker dream theater wolfmother queen big elf US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CD - Bigelf - (Another) Nervous Breakdown - 2 Tracks US $8.31 Buy It Now 7 days
CMJ Player 2007 17 Song Promo CD Sealed Aux Raus Bigelf Eldar MORE US $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BIGELF**INTO THE MAELSTROM**2 CD SET US $14.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom CD Pop Rock US $18.14 Buy It Now 8 days
Bigelf - Cheat The Gallows Ltd Ogv LP Vinyl Record US $33.24 Buy It Now 8 days
Bigelf Into The Maelstrom SUPERB SEALED BRAND NEW HQ 180gm VINYL 2LP + CD 2014 US $34.88 Buy It Now 9 days
BIGELF into the maelstrom LP 12 track 180 gram double album in gatefold sleeve w US $33.22 Buy It Now 11 days
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom US $12.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom - Limited Edition (NEW 2CD) US $24.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom [CD New] US $26.97 Buy It Now 12 days
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom [Vinyl New] US $44.19 Buy It Now 12 days
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Bigelf - Cheat the Gallows (SEALED NEW 2009) BIG ELF US $19.93 Buy It Now 13 days
BIGELF The Evils of Rock & roll w/ RARE RADIO EDIT PROMO DJ CD single Big Elf US $39.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Bigelf - Cheat The Gallows - Sealed Gatefold 2 x 180g Vinyl LP g US $33.15 Buy It Now 15 days
BIGELF - INTO THE MAELSTROM, ORG 2014 GERMAN 180G vinyl 2LP + CD, NEW - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 15 days
BIGELF CD - INTO THE MAELSTROM [2 DISCS](2014) - NEW UNOPENED US $18.99 Buy It Now 18 days
BIGELF - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS (REF T2) US $8.29 Buy It Now 19 days
BIGELF closer to doom 1997 cd US $3.80 Buy It Now 20 days
BIGELF money machine 2000 cd US $3.80 Buy It Now 20 days
Into the Maelstrom by Bigelf (CD, Mar-2014, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $24.05 Buy It Now 20 days
BIGELF - INTO THE MAELSTROM (UK) NEW CD US $45.94 Buy It Now 21 days
Bigelf - Closer to Doom (SEALED NEW CD 2010) US $11.62 Buy It Now 21 days
Cheat the Gallows - Bigelf New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $34.02 Buy It Now 23 days
Bigelf Cheat the Gallows [Digipak] (CD, Aug-2008, Custard) US $29.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Bigelf Gallows T-shirt NEW OFFICIAL sizes Small & Large US $6.98 Buy It Now 23 days
Bigelf - Cheat The Gallows [Vinyl New] US $29.81 Buy It Now 25 days
(OA5) CD Bigelf Closer To Doom THR70001 6 Tracks US $16.62 Buy It Now 25 days
Into The Maelstrom - Bigelf US $12.98 Buy It Now 25 days
BIGELF - CLOSER TO DOOM (NEW & SEALED) Big Elf Classic Rock Metal 803341325128 US $8.29 Buy It Now 25 days
Into the Maelstrom - Bigelf New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $51.99 Buy It Now 27 days
BIGELF - INTO THE MAELSTROM [885417067620] - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.01 Buy It Now 28 days
BIGELF - CHEAT THE GALLOWS (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $39.19 Buy It Now 28 days
Into the Maelstrom - Bigelf New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.24 Buy It Now 29 days
Heavy Metal Rock Voodoo Six Bigelf Hell City Glamours Pearl Import Sampler CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BIGELF music online Buy BIGELF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BIGELF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BIGELF Closer To Doom ratings distribution

BIGELF Closer To Doom reviews

Review by Greger
4 stars BIGELF are a group of four guys from Los Angeles. In 1997 they released a 6 track CD on the new label Third Hole Records in USA. Pretty soon they were picked up by the Swedish label Record Heaven where they released "Closer to Doom" with 4 bonus tracks. The music is built up by heavy Toni Iommi riffs, KING CRIMSON Mellotron, a domestic Jon Lord Hammond B3 and melodies that could have been arranged by Lennon/McCartney. The 6 tracks that were on the Third Hole release are of course the best tracks on this album, but the 4 bonus tracks makes this release even more worth it's price. The first bonus track are "Theme One (from "An Instrumental Thing")", and as you can see on the title, it's instrumental. The second bonus track is "I, The Jury". It's previously released as a single in 1994, and in my opinion it should have been included on the Third Hole Release, as it's almost as good as my favorite track "In the Void". The third bonus track is "Fight", a demo from 1992. It reminds a bit of the title track "Closer to Doom". The last bonus track is "Baron Saturday", and it's recorded live at the Viper Room in February 1996. This is a very good song with a super cool riff that ends the album. "Closer To Doom" are one of my favorite albums from 1997. Buy and enjoy!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#27606) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 01, 2004

3 stars This is a good record, but there something about a band with vocals that sound like THE BEATLES fronting a band that sounds like a BLACK SABBATH / DEEP PURPLE hybrid that just doesn't work for me.

Some tracks like "Crazy", "Closer To Doom" and "Theme One" do sound great though. On the first song "Change", the vocalist sounds just like LENNY KRAVITZ, I swear if I didn't know it was BIGELF I would say I was listening to a LENNY KRAVITZ record ! On the plus side, I love the Hammond organ, mellotron and guitar riffs. I can see why this band would be a favourite of a lot of people, they have a hard edged sound with good vocals.

It just doesn't do much for me.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#89738) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 15, 2006

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Oh boy, this is weird. And nice at once. And melody, it's one of the strongest I've ever heard in prog. Maybe over empathized. Really nice thing is that is sounds this way since second second (not first one, of course, there is calm 1st one), everything resembles 70s, or at least it sounds like it to me. Mostly synths. So maybe not 70s we're talking about, but more like emulated Seventies. Voice modulator sometimes. First track, Change defines how will the entire album look like, but rather by style. This is really (from what I know from 70s music) depth probe into past times. You can either love it, or condemn this idea. I think that this affects whole rating of this record, because it's not bad, of course. Just different.

3(+) for better first part of album, worse second one (Closer to the Doom for example). Despite being nice, I can't help myself, but feel this is kinda cheesy. I had difficult times writing this review, but also having myself listen to this again. Not that it's not my cup of tea, I though I would hapilly embrace all melodies I'll be able to find and to be honest, these tracks are actually entirely made of them. But it doesn't work, even if it should. Or lack working function just for me. More research needed, this seemed like easy catch, so I threw the bait. Let's see what future will bring. And other albums though.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#238978) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 13, 2009

4 stars It sounds "dirty" and groovy, and it sounds so 70's. Consentrated around the B3 organ it give us memories of the happy days some 35 years ago. Together with heavy guitar riffs it sets you back in time to remember how things was made in those days. Arrangements could very well be done by the B ... (read more)

Report this review (#66816) | Posted by | Thursday, January 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars As my good colleague Greger mentions, this is one of the better proggroups in recent years....and their Beatles,Crimson & otherwise seventies inspiration is apparent. I have to say that is by far...SO MUCH seventies without being from the seventies than youŽll ever hear!! They hail from US but th ... (read more)

Report this review (#27607) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Friday, March 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BIGELF "Closer To Doom "