A FOREST OF FEY

Gandalf's Fist

Gandalf's Fist A Forest of Fey album cover

Buy GANDALF'S FIST Music
Studio Album, released in 2014

1. Childhood Ghosts (2:23)
2. Gardens of the Lost (6:03)
3. A Forest of Fey (Including Wisdom of the Reptile and the Lament for a Silent Verse) (8:34)
4. The Figure Speaks (0:44)
5. The World We Created (5:43)
6. The Circus in the Clearing (Including the Fanfare for the King's Tournament) (4:44)
7. Blood for a Royal Pardon (1:37)
8. Drifter on the Edge of Time (6:38)
9. Forest Rose (Coming Home) (4:36)
10. Return from the Tournament (2:05)
11. Stories Old and Stories Told (Of Children Brave and Children Bold) (6:05)
12. A Poison Tree (2:38)

- Chris Ewen / Bass
- Stefan Hepe / Drums

With:
- John Mitchell (It Bites/Arena) / Vocals on 11
- Troy Donockley (Nightwish) / Cumbrian Bouzouki, Whistles, Low Whistle on 2, 3, 6, 7, 10
- Dave Oberlé (Gryphon) / Vocals, Bodhran on 10
- Clive Nolan (Pendragon/Arena) / Keys on 8
- Matt Stevens (The Fierce and the Dead) / Ambient Guitar on 8, 11
- Melissa Hollick / Female Vocals
- Dying Seed & Jennifer Pederson / Additional Backing Vocals

CD (2014)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

GANDALF'S FIST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GANDALF'S FIST A Forest of Fey Music

A Forest of FeyA Forest of Fey
Gandalf's Fist 2014

More places to buy GANDALF'S FIST music online Buy GANDALF'S FIST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GANDALF'S FIST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GANDALF'S FIST A Forest of Fey ratings distribution

GANDALF'S FIST A Forest of Fey reviews

No collaborator/experts review or rating for the moment | Submit a review

5 stars Gandalf's Fist are fast becoming my favourite band, their new album is quite different from the last, but equally great. This one opens with a mother shouting for her child to stay with her and the voice drifts off into the background as the child wanders from the path. The album flows with inte ... (read more)

Report this review (#1319930) | Posted by Rushfan47 | Thursday, December 04, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well what a surprise! Gandalf's Fist did it again! A Forest of Fey - I've had it on iTunes for about a week now and there's a lot of different sounding tracks here, each of which I have a different opinion but with a 100 words limit I highlight the three which I like best. Forest of fey: ... (read more)

Report this review (#1315778) | Posted by Calzino | Wednesday, November 26, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Despite a cast of prog all-stars as guests, this album is formulaic "prog-by-the-numbers." There is nothing new hear, despite an admirable blending of styles (folk, metal, symphonic). The electric guitar chord playing is especially disturbing as it plays out in almost every song as if a studio music ... (read more)

Report this review (#1314532) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, November 23, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Don´t be misled because other reviews: this is a good CD to have around if You are in the mood of some neo prog. I didn´t know this guys before this recording but now I feel I have to get the other ones. The second half is waaaaay better than the first one and if You like Ayreon (specially ¿his? ... (read more)

Report this review (#1312080) | Posted by steelyhead | Tuesday, November 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Appearances by members of heavy neo-prog and prog folk powerhouses Arena and Gryphon serve as a kind of a stamp of approval from the larger prog community to Gandalf Fist's combination of olde englishe folke, folk-influenced metal (think the likes Iron Maiden and Thin Lizzy) and pshychedelic h ... (read more)

Report this review (#1301876) | Posted by Progrussia | Saturday, November 08, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Having listened to 'A Forest of Fey' numerous times now, I can honestly say that I rate this as one of the top rock releases of 2014. Whist the intro, interludes and outro sections help to wonderfully weave the tale of a young child becoming lost in a mystical forest, it is the songs themselves ... (read more)

Report this review (#1300330) | Posted by herschelchristophsky | Monday, November 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars A Forest of Fey - translated into something like "a cursed forest" or "a magic forest" - something in between. The Album starts with some kind of a radioplay where we witness a mother (or a nanny?) with her child, and the child running off, getting lost. Seamlessly, we're sucked into the story, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1299883) | Posted by LittleLotti | Sunday, November 02, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Listening to this album for the last two days has been an absolute pleasure for me and with good reason. Let the music take you into a magical realm of a lost child and magical creatures and you have entered "The Forest of a Fey". Every song on this album is unique in its own way and I can see ... (read more)

Report this review (#1298780) | Posted by Gotrek1966 | Thursday, October 30, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars English- Ayreon-Meets-Pastoral-Genesis? As a subscriber to both Classic Rock and Prog Magazine I was instantly aware that this album has divided opinion between the reviewers in each mag, with Prog giving it a Mixed review and Classic Rock's Geoff Barton singing its praises and awarding 8/10. After ... (read more)

Report this review (#1297615) | Posted by Ironfist | Sunday, October 26, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Now I am back with a review of a new record and it's time for a band that's totally new for me, the north English "Gandalf's Fist" which this year, has released their fifth studio record "A forest of Fey". Their last one(which I haven't heard) "A day in the life of a universal wanderer"(what a l ... (read more)

Report this review (#1295039) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, October 22, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I pre-ordered this ages ago after listening to the excellent "day in the life of a universal wander". Originally I was intrigued to have this as part of my collection, being the completest that I am I was especially interested in the contributions by Clive Nolan and Gryphon's Dave Oberle (huge ... (read more)

Report this review (#1294413) | Posted by franklogan1956 | Monday, October 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Well, here it is: the newest release from Gandalf's Fist. I discovered them between their "Road to Darkness" and "From a Point of Existence" phase, and was hooked immidiately by their enormous Pink Floyd influenced sound (see "Emerald Eyes" and compare it with "Echoes" or "Breathe in the Air"). Anyw ... (read more)

Report this review (#1292202) | Posted by Miss Anthropia | Wednesday, October 15, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GANDALF'S FIST "A Forest of Fey"