TRISKAÏDÉKAPHOBIE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Present Triskaïdékaphobie album cover

Buy PRESENT Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Promenade Au Fond D'un Canal (19:15)
2. Quatre-vingt Douze (15:36)
3. Repulsion (3:27)

Search PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie lyrics

Search PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie tabs

- Roger Trigaux / guitars, pianos
- Alain Rochette / pianos, synths
- Daniel Denis / drums, percussion
- Christian Genet / bass

Lp. Atem 7008 (1981) / Cd. Cuneiform RUNE 17 (1989)

and to Cesar Inca for the last updates

PRESENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie Music

World I SeeWorld I See
Loaf 2008
TIME LIFE-BOBBY JONES PRESENTS ULTIMATE GOSPEL-I NEED YOU NOW-NEW/SEALED 2008 CD US $2.96 [0 bids]
2000 Fiend Presents Can I Burn? Soundtracks 12" SEALED US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
25 to Life [PA] by T.I. Presents The P$C (CD, Sep-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.89 Buy It Now 6h 10m
PETER & GORDON - I Don't Want To See You Again / I Would Buy You Presents - 45 US $1.50 [0 bids]
(888I) NME Presents: The Best New Bands ... - 2006 CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 7h 53m
ANGEL-ENO Presents ANGELMOON He's All I Want 12" VINYL US $10.18 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Craig Nelson Presents I Want U 12" US $13.58 Buy It Now 9h 2m
CD* Fiend Presents: Can I Burn? - OST * BIG ED * DAVID BANNER * BLAK WATER * US $8.99 Buy It Now 11h 25m
History Past, Present and Future Book I by Michael Jackson New US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE SOURCE PRESENTS HIP HOP HITS VOL1 CD PROMO WU-TANG MASTER P B.I.G. BONE THUG US $0.99 [0 bids]
MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY PAST PRESENT & FUTURE BOOK I USA VERSION 2 MD BOX US $169.99 Buy It Now 14h 19m
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson 2 CD GREATEST BEST US $5.99 [0 bids]
CUT TV PRESENTS: JAY-Z - I AM LEGEND (DVD) US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 17m
Ed Sullivan Presents Songs & Music of The King and I vinyl record vintage retro US $0.99 [0 bids]
Damizza Presents Where : Damizza Presents Where I W CD (2000) US $3.73 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Jim Morris - I Like Presents CD US $25.10 Buy It Now 17h 33m
T.I. Presents Hustle Gang - G.D.O.D. Get Dough Or Die UK CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 17h 33m
D.I.T.C. Presents-Rare & Unreleased Vol. 2-D.I.T.C. Presents-Rare & Unreleased US $15.57 Buy It Now 17h 36m
SONIC SOUNDS PRESENTS I LOVE REGGAE VOL.2 CD JAPAN RARE #38 US $12.58 Buy It Now 22h 5m
VARIOUS ARTISTS/MUGG - MUGGS PRESENTS THE SOUL ASSASSINS, CHAPTER I - NEW CD US $11.87 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Stretch And Vern Present "Maddog" - I'm Alive - music cd EP US $6.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Stretch And Vern Present "Maddog" - I'm Alive - music cd EP US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
T.I. PRESENTS THE P$C (PIMP SQUAD CLICK) "25 TO LIFE" 2005 *MINT* P/C 2XLP US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Damizzo Presents Where I Want to Be - CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAN MADE SOUL PRESENTS I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY JAPAN CD OBI Y2633 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DJL! presents I Cant Belive Its Not Butta EP! VINYL Hey mama MagicalMattShake US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, 1995, 2 Discs) US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE FRIENDSHIP GIRLS CHORUS- MAY I PRESENT JESUS TO YOU - PRIVATE XIAN LP SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
Michael Jackson HIStory Past Present & Future Book I CD June-1995 Banned Lyrics US $249.50 Buy It Now 1 day
T.I. PRESENTS: HUSTLE GANG- G.O.O.D. MIXTAPE US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Walt Disney Presents I Love a Parade EXCELENT 12" LP 1974 1st.EDITION DISNEY REC US $2.49 [0 bids]
Muggs presents... The Soul Assassins, Chapter I, 2LP Vinyl, Columbia 1997 US $15.00 [0 bids]
Fiend Presents Can I Burn? [PA] (CD, Sep-2000, Fiend... US $3.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Muggs Presents the Soul Assassins, Chapter I [PA] by Muggs (CD) SELED BRAND NEW US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Disco Tex Presents Cloudburst: I Can Cast A Spell CD Single 0188V US $3.38 Buy It Now 1 day
SHOW/D.I.T.C. Presents-Street Talk [PA] *-(CD 2005) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Past Present Future (P.P.F) 45 Bones To Bones / I Don't ~ Mecca VG+ (soul) US $19.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Ed Montgomery Presents ALC: I Still Believe by ALC (CD, Nov-2000, Ab-Life... US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
James Cleveland presents JOHN SPRINGER & BREAD: I'll Tell the World His Name US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD FIRST DISC ONLY US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson US $10.00 [0 bids]
Outlawz & DJ Fatal Presents: Stormey & Lloyd "H.I.M." US $7.99 [0 bids]
Full Intention Presents Shena I'll Be Waiting 12" Vinyl Single 2001 US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (Cassette,... US $0.99 [0 bids]
SINCLAR, Bob presents FIREBALL - What I Want - CD single US $12.31 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2... US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Peter And Gordon I Would Buy You Presents / I Don't Want To See You 45 rpm VG+ US $2.20 Buy It Now 2 days
COLLARO$$I PRESENTS: THE CALI CONNCETION PRODUCED BY TONE SAUCY US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROGER SANCHEZ Presents TWILIGHT - I Want Your Love - CD Single 1999 US $5.02 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Di US $9.56 Buy It Now 2 days
WEDDING PRESENT Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now 7" Ps, B/W Not From Where I US $10.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Afflicted Man - Presents I'm Off Me EAD - Pemanent - New US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Various Artists Charleston Sound Presents: I Got Music CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Various Moses Presents Zoomers Choice: But I Sti CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB CLIBBON I Present To You Jesus LP Cornerstone Records CRS-4012 Stereo US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Various Artists Janksy Presents: I Need a Deal Before I Get Killed, Vol. 1 CD US $7.62 Buy It Now 2 days
MICHAEL JACKSON : History Past, Present and Future, Book I 2 Cassette New Sealed US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Various Artists The Dewars Collective Presents Players I CD US $4.03 Buy It Now 2 days
T.I. PRESENTS THE PSC 25 TO LIFE (CLEAN ALBUM) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Killa Cal-Wayne Seven13music Presents: Take Me As I Am CD US $5.35 Buy It Now 2 days
SVEK presents DJ I.N.C. THA AFTERSET SESSIONS US $1.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Record Album Vinyl Ed Sullivan presents Songs & Music of "King and I" Musicals US $5.99 [0 bids]
STRETCH VERN present MADDOG "I'M ALIVE" OZ CD SINGLE NM US $5.64 Buy It Now 3 days
I.G.A. PRESENTS CAUTION!!! WATCHYOSELFHOLIDAYSMASHES NEW 33 1/3 LP ALBUM L140 US $19.60 Buy It Now 3 days
Damizza Presents Where I Wanna Be *Bone Thugs Krayzie Layzie,Nate Dogg,Ja Rule US $2.00 [0 bids]
CD Damizza Presents: Where I Wanna Be Various Artists Clean US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Disco Tex Presents Cloudburst- I Can Cast A Spell 12" W/LBL US $10.63 Buy It Now 3 days
MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY PAST. PRESENT FUTURE BOOK I 1ST PRESS JAPAN 2CD WITH OBI US $59.99 [0 bids]
Peter & Gordon: I Don't Want To See You Again/I Would Buy You Presents 45 Reco US $2.99 [0 bids]
FIEND PRESENTS CAN I BURN NEW SEALED CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
michael jackson History Past Present I 2 cds promo banned rare oop reduced! rip US $100.00 [0 bids]
STRETCH & VERN present "MADDOG" - I'm Alive (UK 4 Tk CD Single) US $8.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Mayback Music Presents: I Run Rap (CD 2009) Rick Ross, Fat Joe, The Game, TI US $2.99 [0 bids]
US Air Force Presents record Four Preps I A'int Never US $5.50 Buy It Now 3 days
US Air Force Presents record Peggy Lee Hallelujah I Love Him So US $5.50 Buy It Now 3 days
1960's Vintage Dr. Suess Presents-If I Ran the Zoo & Sleep Book US $10.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Dr. Ed Montgomery Presents ALC - I Still Believe US $3.00 [0 bids]
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Di US $5.49 [0 bids]
DANMARK import REDD FOXX Deep Note Presents: I Ain't Lied Yet CD 2004 NEW sealed US $29.98 Buy It Now 4 days
All Natural Inc 1997-Present Anthology Vol I ANI-41 Hip Hop 2006 Sealed LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Definitive Jux Presents: The Juk(i)e Box - Version 1.0 (Definitive Jux, 2003) CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Peter and Gordon..I Don't Want To See / I Would By You Presents...1964 PS Only US $4.50 [0 bids]
DEFECTED PRESENTS NICK CURLY I - DEFECTED PRESENTS NICK CURLY I - ITH54CD US $23.17 Buy It Now 4 days
Dr. Seuss Presents "If I Ran The Zoo" "Sleep Book" Record Album Fair Condition US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Bobby Jones Presents Ultimate Gospel: I Need You Now Various US $1.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DJ OJI presents CAROLYN VICTORIAN - I'm Feelin U - 12" US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jim Morris - I Like Presents [CD New] US $21.40 Buy It Now 4 days
Walt Disney Presents I Love a Parade on LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
FONTANA, Lenny presents BYRON STINGILY - I'll Give You - 12" US $16.30 Buy It Now 4 days
LOT * 1965 SHAWNEE MISSION WEST presents * CAMELOT * MY FAIR LADY * KING AND I * US $9.99 [0 bids]
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, 1995, 2 disks) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BOBBY DARIN Presents 18 Yellow Roses/You're the Reason I'm Living 6 track 7" EP US $18.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Joey Negro Presents Akabu - I'm Not Afraid of the Future UK Import Promo 12" US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
I ROBOTS/JORDAN FIELDS/FEDERICO GANDIN - I Robots Presents - 12" US $20.15 Buy It Now 5 days
Jason Nevins Presents U.K.N.Y. ft. Holly James - I'm In Heaven (ECD Single) US $5.93 Buy It Now 5 days
HIStory Past Present and Future Book I by Michael Jackson May-1995 Disc Two Only US $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
1962 ILLINOIS SUMMER YOUTH MUSIC U OF I PRESENTS KELL SEXTON - DANNIEL PERRINA US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy PRESENT music online Buy PRESENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PRESENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie ratings distribution

PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars Review edited in 2014 in the light of the then-recent reissues Or The Fear Of Number 13, most likely a reference to Trigaux's old group Univers Zero's debut album called 1313. Actually Present started as an offshoot project of Univers Zero with both Roger Trigaux and Daniel Denis, but Trigaux was not to return to back to the mother group. The vast majority of the album is written by Roger Trigaux (who oscillates constantly between the piano to a searing guitar) and therefore one should not really expect the same kind of music than on a UZ album, despite the same kind of sombre ambiance.

Just three tracks on this album, one of which is simply the most representative track of Present's Oeuvre: the side-long 19 min+ Promenade Au Fond D'Un Canal. With an incredibly ever changing rhythm pattern but constantly sinister and metronomic-quality (almost repetitive to be minimalist, but this would be misleading) groove and helped out tremendously by Rochette's piano, this track is riveting, tense from beginning to end. The 15 min+ Quatre-vingt Douze is based much on the same pattern but reminds you of John Cale and Terry Riley's superb album Church Of Anthrax. Last but not least is a short Repulsion (a collaboration between Trigaux, Denis and bassist Genet) that has problems finding its place next to the other two "epics", but is highly atmospheric.

The recent reissues of Present's first two albums boast bonus tracks and in this case, it is two live tracks from the mythic Halles De Schaerbeek back in 81. The first track is a shorter version of UZ's Dense (from the then-upcoming Ceux Du Dehors) with a much more electric feel. A very interesting bonus track that could've fitted on an early UZ album as well. The 10-mins Vous Le Saurez En Temps Voulu reflects well the paranoiac feel induced by the title (you'll know when it suits US) with its sinister pedestrian pace that goes crescendo. Both tracks are essential and high-valued additions to the original album. AAMOF, if you didn't know of the original album's initial form, you'd swear the bonus tracks are part of it. The expanded booklet provides a few pictures and the first-part history of the band's first era, courtesy of Aymeric Leroy. The remastering of the album and bonus tracks was handled by the great Udi Kooran.

Certainly one of the darkest Oeuvre written back then, there are not that many albums that have topped it in that regard, since. I cannot easily recommend this album to everybody, because this dark sinister music is not easily approachable (and not suited to getting romantic with the girlfriend unless she enjoys doing it in a coffin ;-) and is at best an acquired taste. But if you are reading this review, one can say that ¼ of the way is done.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#27664) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 04, 2004

5 stars 4.5 stars. Quite appropriate that PRESENT's first album would be called "Triskaidekaphobie" (fear of the number 13). As Sean Trane points out it's sort of a nod to UNIVERS ZERO who's debut was called "1313". Three of the four members of PRESENT are from UNIVERS ZERO including UNIVERS ZERO's leader, drummer and percussionist Daniel Denis. While Daniel and bass player Christian Genet would go back to UNIVERS ZERO after this recording to create "Ceux Du Hors", Roger Trigaux wouldn't, their former guitarist would continue with PRESENT as it's leader. In fact this project was his vehicle all along as a way to express his musical dreams or should I say nightmares. The music here is similar in style to UNIVERS ZERO without the classical instruments and with more of a focus on the guitar and piano. By the way Daniel Denis would return to play on PRESENT's second album after UNIVERS ZERO recorded "Uzed".

We begin with my favourite song on the album "Promenade Au Fond D'Un Canal" a 19 minute classic. It opens with piano and percussion and is dark and reserved. It kicks in at the 2 minute mark with piano, drums, guitar, bass and percussion. It sounds great ! So much intensity ! It slows back down 4 minutes in but still has that incredible sound. Scorching guitar 7 minutes in, and the bass that comes and goes is prominant. It all stops before 10 minutes except for the piano. Percussion and guitar join in before a heavy beat arrives.The piano becomes very prominant again. 15 minutes in the guitar starts to slowly rip it up until that's all you hear right to the end of the song. Nice.

"Quatre-Vingt Douze" is another long track at over 15 minutes. A fairly energetic intro is replaced by gentle piano. It becomes uptempo again 2 1/2 minutes in with percussion and piano leadng the way. It calms down again 6 1/2 minutes in with gentle piano as this theme is repeated. The song stops 10 1/2 minutes in and returns slower and darker with eerie piano melodies. The pace picks up 14 minutes with some great bass as the mood brightens. "Repulsion" is the final track and is very repetitive with a piano note being methodically pressed every 3 seconds while percussion is used in the same way. The sound slowly increases.

Like with the music of UNIVERS ZERO this album is not for everyone. If you like that style though you have to check this one out.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#149791) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 09, 2007

Review by Bj-1
5 stars Present was the brainchild of Univers Zero guitarist Roger Trigaux, showing his compositional skills outside that band teamed up with UZ drummer Daniel Denis, bassist Christian Genet and the relatively unknown Alain Rochette on the keyboards. Trigaux's ideas for Present notably shows the differences from his work with UZ with a more repetitive and hypnotic approach to the music, but while still being dark and gloomy - sometimes even scary. Triskaidekaphobie was their debut album and proves these facts spot on, and remains one of my most favoured RIO recordings to be released at that time. The music is dark and atmospheric, hypnotic and repetitive, but never boring to the listener. Another difference between UZ and Present is that this album moves away from the chamber influences and uses electric instruments instead, but the material here is no less interesting and it is in fact very reminiscent of UZ's 80's albums stylistically. The opening cut, "Promenade au fond D'un Canal", is the best piece here and sets the album mood perfectly with it's gloomy opening before turning into frantic and challenging Avant-Prog delights until it finally slips into darkness and goes through a multiple of sections before returning to it's opening theme promoted with a blistering and intense guitar solo by Trigaux. It's a composition that has to be heard to appreciate properly but it's definitely one of the genres finest songs. The next cut, titled Quatre-Vingt Douze, is more varied and goes through even more sections, although it's more on the minimalist side of the album at times. Again, it displays blistering complexity both in terms of musicianship and compositionally seen, although it's not as strong as the opening cut. Not easy listening by any means, but along with the previous cut it have a lot to offer and stands out as perhaps the most interesting part of the album.

The final piece is a very gloomy and dark closer that gives the listener a chance to chill, but with goosebumps and a chance to think what the hell he just went through the last 35 minutes. Again a very odd track, but still it might be the most normal piece here. Throughout the album, the musicians provide some excellent playing. Daniel Denis in particular does some really creative drumming on all tracks and spices the arrangements up even further. His unique style displayed with both Present and UZ definitely makes him one of my most preferred drummers in rock. Christian Genet's bass playing isn't as notable but he backs up the music very well and provides excellent techniques when required. As with his bandmates, he is a very unique player that suits this band perfectly. Alain Rochette takes the main role in most of the songs with his sharp and precise playing on the keyboards and he easily manages to boost Trigaux's arrangements up a few notches, making the songs more clear and understandable. Trigaux himself textures the music with long, soaring guitar notes for most of the time, but backs up the rest of the band excellently when needed. All in all, the playing from the band and compositions featured here is nothing but admirable, and it all works extremely well. This is not easy listening by any means, but surely a must have if you like this kind of music. You might look on it as a masterpiece, or maybe not, but I think this album is the best in Present's discography. Their next album is no worse so check out that one as well, in fact Cuneiform Records released both of them on one CD in the late 80's so pick it up if you are interested. A complete meltdown of wonderful insane, beyond brilliant stuff! 5/5

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#162352) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 22, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
4 stars TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIE is the birth of a band called Present that sounds a lot like (and shares members with) RIO legends Univers Zero. Yet, it is fairly obvious that Present has its own sound that distinguishes it from UZ. An interesting paradox, yet it's so hard to explain exactly why the two bands differ. You almost have to have heard both groups to get the idea in your head, and it's still hard to explain.

Whatever dark, macabre horrorifics that UZ employed (speaking from their debut, they got more electric later on), Present sound much less acoustic. The main strengths of the band are the pianos, the drums (Daniel Denis; no surprises there) and just the intensity of the music. Both big epics have that last quality in spades; if you're a fan of avant-prog, that hair-tickling feeling of the sharpness of the music will rub off on you in the best way. That's how best to really describe why Present and TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIE work within the avant-prog scene. It's well worth putting an ear to if you can find it.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#751171) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Review by chamberry
4 stars Present's debut is such a well rounded album. Granted it has only two songs and an outro, the songs themselves are intense from start to finish, leaving very little to complain about. I find myself shifting between this album and Univers Zero's Heresie depending on my mood, but at the moment I'll take Present's debut simply because Trigaux' guitar make this a rockier affair (and I mean 'rockier' in that it sounds more like a band than just an ensemble, as oppose to U.Z.'s first three albums.) Genet's bass is unrelenting too; it's as pummeling as anything found on Magma's discography.

Fans of those aforementioned bands should check these guys out.

Send comments to chamberry (BETA) | Report this review (#921487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 02, 2013

3 stars Let me first of all add that I am not an avant-garde expert. I have never heard anything by Univers Zero either. But most importantly, I am not even a nuclear fission engineer. This is a review written by a humble IT guru and an open minded soul. For the experts, see the other reviews. Thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#296406) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Triskaidekaphobie - a brief search on the internet gave the answer to the question about the meaning of the album name: fear from the number 13. Well, fear is one of the emotions that pass through the music, but not the only one. Here there are three compositions, two of them written by Roger ... (read more)

Report this review (#135669) | Posted by ShW1 | Saturday, September 01, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This CD is very well done. I was very impressed. This leans more towards "Orchestrated" prog than it does "Band" prog. It sounds like there should be a mad conductor standing at the front of the studio, flailing his arms in the air while dressed in satanic garb. Much like Tool asks us to do in Sc ... (read more)

Report this review (#27665) | Posted by Pale Fire | Tuesday, May 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PRESENT "Triskaïdékaphobie"