TRISKAÏDÉKAPHOBIE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Present Triskaïdékaphobie album cover

Buy PRESENT Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Promenade Au Fond D'un Canal (19:15)
2. Quatre-vingt Douze (15:36)
3. Repulsion (3:27)

Search PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie lyrics

Search PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie tabs

- Roger Trigaux / guitars, pianos
- Alain Rochette / pianos, synths
- Daniel Denis / drums, percussion
- Christian Genet / bass

Lp. Atem 7008 (1981) / Cd. Cuneiform RUNE 17 (1989)

and to Cesar Inca for the last updates

PRESENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie Music

CD . Muggs . Muggs Presents the Soul Assassins, Chapter I . Explicit Lyrics US $7.96 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Ed Sullivan Presents "The King and I" (1959 C&V VG+) N/A Record Club # ES-4 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tradisyon Ka - S.J. Records Presents Gwo Ka: Music Of Guadeloupe West I (NEW CD) US $21.38 Buy It Now 8h 21m
All Natural Inc 1997-Present Anthology Vol I ANI-41 Hip Hop 2006 Sealed LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 43m
MICHAEL JACKSON HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I 2-CD 30-Track Best Of US $6.99 [0 bids]
DON CORNELL ~ MEMORY LANE PRESENTS NEW CD FOR YOU,S'POSIN,I'M YOURS + MORE US $6.44 Buy It Now 10h 15m
History Past, Present and Future Book I by Jackson, Michael US $4.18 Buy It Now 11h 54m
DEFECTED PRESENTS NICK CURLY I - DEFECTED PRESENTS NICK CURLY I - ITH54CD US $21.38 Buy It Now 12h 4m
Dr. Seuss Presents "If I Ran The Zoo" "Sleep Book" Record Album Fair Condition US $10.19 Buy It Now 13h 20m
DJ OJI presents CAROLYN VICTORIAN - I'm Feelin U - 12" US $17.10 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Jim Morris - I Like Presents [CD New] US $21.05 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Ed Montgomery & ALC, Ed Montgomery Presents ALC: I Still Believe Audio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 13m
FONTANA, Lenny presents BYRON STINGILY - I'll Give You - 12" US $15.49 Buy It Now 19h 34m
I of the Storm * by John Kline (CD, 2010, Wet Present) US $2.29 [0 bids]
Charlton Heston presents The World Volume I & II US $9.99 [0 bids]
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Di US $0.99 [1 bids]
BOBBY DARIN Presents 18 Yellow Roses/You're the Reason I'm Living 6 track 7" EP US $17.80 Buy It Now 22h 20m
I Surrender Records Presents: Our Voices by Various Artists LP (Vinyl) US $13.00 Buy It Now 22h 41m
V.I.P. PRESENTS WESTSIDE CRUISIN' II - Japan CD - NEW US $12.30 Buy It Now 1 day
SHOW/D.I.T.C. Presents-Street Talk [PA] *-(CD 2005) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
I ROBOTS/JORDAN FIELDS/FEDERICO GANDIN - I Robots Presents - 12" US $19.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Jason Nevins Presents U.K.N.Y. ft. Holly James - I'm In Heaven (ECD Single) US $5.64 Buy It Now 1 day
HIStory Past Present and Future Book I by Michael Jackson May-1995 Disc Two Only US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
1962 ILLINOIS SUMMER YOUTH MUSIC U OF I PRESENTS KELL SEXTON - DANNIEL PERRINA US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LISSAT & VOLTAXX presents BETTY BIZARRE - I Teach You - 12" US $15.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Maybach Music Presents : I Run Rap CD (2009) US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Dr. Ed Montgomery Presents ALC - I Still Believe US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
I Love Disco presents Dance H1t2 Vol 1: The Best Sounds From The Disco Years US $19.38 Buy It Now 1 day
WEDDING PRESENT Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now 7" Ps, B/W Not From Where I US $9.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Fiend Presents Can I Burn? Cd 0G Oop Twista Big Ed David Banner Sealed US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Definitive Jux Presents: The Juk(i)e Box - Version 1.0 (Definitive Jux, 2003) CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dr. Dre, Muggs Presents... The Soul Assassins Chapter I Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dr Seuss Presents If I Ran The Zoo & Sleep Book Custom Album Art Notebook US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists R.U.I. Presents Dub Vaults CD US $22.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Ralph Emery Presents Country Roads I Will Always Love You US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Timbaland presents Shock Value CD PA Apologize Give It To Me The Way i Are Time US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Fragile Presents 'I Love Dubstep-Caspa and Trolley Snatcha Live @ the 02 Academy US $16.13 Buy It Now 2 days
DJ DELICIOUS/ERIC SMAX present LANE CRYSPO - All I Gave 2 U - 12" US $15.81 Buy It Now 2 days
STRETCH & VERN PRESENT MADDOG I'M ALIVE CD Single 1996 FCD 284 Electronic House US $2.83 Buy It Now 2 days
FAMILY LIFE PRESENTS cd I Still Do 2000 Worship For Couples MARANATHA NEW US $6.16 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2... US $14.00 [0 bids]
SEALED 2005 Rap 12" T.I. Presents The P$C Set It Out / Do Ya Thing Grand Hustle US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
michael jackson History Past Present I 2 cds promo banned rare oop reduced! rip US $100.00 [0 bids]
FIEND Presents Can I Burn? Soundtrack CD 2000 BIG ED, DAVID BANNER NEW RARE OOP US $0.99 [0 bids]
Outlawz & DJ Fatal Presents: Stormey & Lloyd "H.I.M." US $7.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - Maybach Music Presents I Run Rap - unmixed CD US $20.90 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael... US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (2 Disc, 1995 Epic) US $18.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Michael Jackson - HIStory (Past, Present & Future, Book I) (1995) 2CD FAT BOX US $7.86 Buy It Now 2 days
De John Sisters D'Ja Hear What I Say? / A Present For Bob 5-9097 VG+ Pop 45 US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (2CD BOX 1995, 2... US $5.99 [0 bids]
Royce Da 5'9" Rare Vinyl Lp Record Presents The M.I.C. Official Mixtape Rap NEW US $64.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dr Seuss Presents If I Ran The Zoo LP CAS1078 VG US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Bobby Miller Presents: I Dug Acappella [CD New] US $17.64 Buy It Now 3 days
OGRONC Presents AFTER DA KAPPA 2K4 Hosted by PITBULL Explicit M.I.A.M.I. NEW CD US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MARIO + PRESENTS MORE all i need cassette uk media 1998 radio and massive mixes US $8.46 Buy It Now 3 days
M.I.K.E Presents Fascinated Totally Fascinated #127297 US $6.44 Buy It Now 3 days
S.I.N. presents USHER Burn promo CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
CHARLESTON SOUND PRESENTS: I GOT MUSIC - NEW CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 3 days
PETER & GORDON "I WOULD BUY YOU PRESENTS" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
L.I.E.S. PRESENTS MUSIC FOR SHUT -INS / VARIOUS NEW CD US $27.86 Buy It Now 3 days
ADAM FREELAND PRESENTS COASTAL BREAKS VOL I & II 4 EXCELLENT CDS US $8.06 [1 bids]
Damizza Presents Where I W US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Al Stewart Past, Present & Future Over 150 Fair Priced LP's Available I Combine US $2.95 [0 bids]
Putumayo Presents: Sahara Lounge (Card Sleeve) by Various Artists CD 2004i US $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Putumayo Presents: Groove Sampler (Card Sleeve) by Various Artists CD 2004i US $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Joey Negro Presents Akabu - I'm Not Afraid of the Future UK Import Promo 12" US $2.99 [0 bids]
Peter And Gordon I Would Buy You Presents / I Don't Want To See You 45 rpm VG+ US $3.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Johan S Presents I Society - We Lift Our Voices #109419 US $4.83 Buy It Now 4 days
I LOVE R&B presents R&B Trance House I - Japan CD K-Ci&JoJo Dina Carroll Dru Hil US $11.39 Buy It Now 4 days
T.I. PRESENTS THE PSC FEAT. YOUNG DRO DO YA THANG PROMO VINYL 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Roger S Presents Twilight - I Want Your Love #24289 US $4.83 Buy It Now 4 days
T.I. PRESENTS HUSTLE GANG - G.D.O.D. (GET DOUGH OR DIE) - BEM126 US $20.20 Buy It Now 4 days
Damizza Presents: Where I Wanna Be [PA] by Various Artists (Album CD,2000,Sire) US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LOT * 1965 SHAWNEE MISSION WEST presents * CAMELOT * MY FAIR LADY * KING AND I * US $9.99 [0 bids]
DAVID MERRICK PRESENTS I CAN GET IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST LP US $9.67 [0 bids]
Mario + Presents More - All I Need - Nukleuz #19322 US $4.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Jason Falkner CD - I Live - from Presents Author Unknown - Rare CD! US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
L.I.E.S. Presents Music For Shut-Ins [CD New] US $23.98 Buy It Now 4 days
KID CAPRI PRESENTS RED I DON'T LIKE TO DANCE SEALED VINYL LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
HIStory Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson US $10.00 [0 bids]
CD . Various Artists . Damizza Presents: Where I Wanna Be . Clean US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
(DJ510) The Present, World I See - 2008 DJ CD US $9.85 Buy It Now 4 days
"NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CHRISTMAS" 36 CLASSIC SONGS, PAST & PRESENT - 2-CD SET US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Bill Gaither presents - I'm Something Special with The Homecoming Kids US $19.95 Buy It Now 4 days
CD . Wedding Present . I'm from Further North Than You . Single, Import US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Bill & Gloria Gaither present I'm Something Special (CD, 1994, Gaither Music). US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
T.I. Presents the P$C - 25 to Life USA Shipping Included US $3.89 Buy It Now 5 days
Defected Presents Nick Curly I - Defected Presents Nick Curly I NEW CD US $18.17 Buy It Now 5 days
YAHOWA 13 Present I'm Gonna Take You Home Reissue vinyl LP 500 copies only US $80.73 Buy It Now 5 days
DUKEDAGOD presents The D.I.P. Agenda (PA) Cam'ron, Jadakiss, J.R,. Writer US $0.99 Buy It Now 5 days
FIEND PRESENTS CAN I BURN NEW SEALED CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Wedding Present - I'm From Further North Than You 7" Scopitones 2005 US $6.74 Buy It Now 5 days
RHODES SISTERS your birthday present's birthday 7" promo b/w i can't believe (45 US $8.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Poussez Presents I Love Aja - Your Light - Po 3 #127857 US $4.83 Buy It Now 5 days
PETER GORDON I WOULD BUY YOU PRESENTS VEE 43 ACL OFFERS? US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SVEK presents DJ I.N.C. The Afterset Sessions CD album 2000 records US $4.04 Buy It Now 5 days
P.P.F. Past Present Future Bones To Bones / I Don't Want To Go On Without You US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE PATH OF LIFE PRESENTS HOW I KNOW THERE IS A GOD-BAPTIST-ST.JOHN,N.B.CAN-LPVG US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy PRESENT music online Buy PRESENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PRESENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie ratings distribution

PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars Review edited in 2014 in the light of the then-recent reissues Or The Fear Of Number 13, most likely a reference to Trigaux's old group Univers Zero's debut album called 1313. Actually Present started as an offshoot project of Univers Zero with both Roger Trigaux and Daniel Denis, but Trigaux was not to return to back to the mother group. The vast majority of the album is written by Roger Trigaux (who oscillates constantly between the piano to a searing guitar) and therefore one should not really expect the same kind of music than on a UZ album, despite the same kind of sombre ambiance.

Just three tracks on this album, one of which is simply the most representative track of Present's Oeuvre: the side-long 19 min+ Promenade Au Fond D'Un Canal. With an incredibly ever changing rhythm pattern but constantly sinister and metronomic-quality (almost repetitive to be minimalist, but this would be misleading) groove and helped out tremendously by Rochette's piano, this track is riveting, tense from beginning to end. The 15 min+ Quatre-vingt Douze is based much on the same pattern but reminds you of John Cale and Terry Riley's superb album Church Of Anthrax. Last but not least is a short Repulsion (a collaboration between Trigaux, Denis and bassist Genet) that has problems finding its place next to the other two "epics", but is highly atmospheric.

The recent reissues of Present's first two albums boast bonus tracks and in this case, it is two live tracks from the mythic Halles De Schaerbeek back in 81. The first track is a shorter version of UZ's Dense (from the then-upcoming Ceux Du Dehors) with a much more electric feel. A very interesting bonus track that could've fitted on an early UZ album as well. The 10-mins Vous Le Saurez En Temps Voulu reflects well the paranoiac feel induced by the title (you'll know when it suits US) with its sinister pedestrian pace that goes crescendo. Both tracks are essential and high-valued additions to the original album. AAMOF, if you didn't know of the original album's initial form, you'd swear the bonus tracks are part of it. The expanded booklet provides a few pictures and the first-part history of the band's first era, courtesy of Aymeric Leroy. The remastering of the album and bonus tracks was handled by the great Udi Kooran.

Certainly one of the darkest Oeuvre written back then, there are not that many albums that have topped it in that regard, since. I cannot easily recommend this album to everybody, because this dark sinister music is not easily approachable (and not suited to getting romantic with the girlfriend unless she enjoys doing it in a coffin ;-) and is at best an acquired taste. But if you are reading this review, one can say that ¼ of the way is done.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#27664) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 04, 2004

5 stars 4.5 stars. Quite appropriate that PRESENT's first album would be called "Triskaidekaphobie" (fear of the number 13). As Sean Trane points out it's sort of a nod to UNIVERS ZERO who's debut was called "1313". Three of the four members of PRESENT are from UNIVERS ZERO including UNIVERS ZERO's leader, drummer and percussionist Daniel Denis. While Daniel and bass player Christian Genet would go back to UNIVERS ZERO after this recording to create "Ceux Du Hors", Roger Trigaux wouldn't, their former guitarist would continue with PRESENT as it's leader. In fact this project was his vehicle all along as a way to express his musical dreams or should I say nightmares. The music here is similar in style to UNIVERS ZERO without the classical instruments and with more of a focus on the guitar and piano. By the way Daniel Denis would return to play on PRESENT's second album after UNIVERS ZERO recorded "Uzed".

We begin with my favourite song on the album "Promenade Au Fond D'Un Canal" a 19 minute classic. It opens with piano and percussion and is dark and reserved. It kicks in at the 2 minute mark with piano, drums, guitar, bass and percussion. It sounds great ! So much intensity ! It slows back down 4 minutes in but still has that incredible sound. Scorching guitar 7 minutes in, and the bass that comes and goes is prominant. It all stops before 10 minutes except for the piano. Percussion and guitar join in before a heavy beat arrives.The piano becomes very prominant again. 15 minutes in the guitar starts to slowly rip it up until that's all you hear right to the end of the song. Nice.

"Quatre-Vingt Douze" is another long track at over 15 minutes. A fairly energetic intro is replaced by gentle piano. It becomes uptempo again 2 1/2 minutes in with percussion and piano leadng the way. It calms down again 6 1/2 minutes in with gentle piano as this theme is repeated. The song stops 10 1/2 minutes in and returns slower and darker with eerie piano melodies. The pace picks up 14 minutes with some great bass as the mood brightens. "Repulsion" is the final track and is very repetitive with a piano note being methodically pressed every 3 seconds while percussion is used in the same way. The sound slowly increases.

Like with the music of UNIVERS ZERO this album is not for everyone. If you like that style though you have to check this one out.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#149791) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 09, 2007

Review by Bj-1
5 stars Present was the brainchild of Univers Zero guitarist Roger Trigaux, showing his compositional skills outside that band teamed up with UZ drummer Daniel Denis, bassist Christian Genet and the relatively unknown Alain Rochette on the keyboards. Trigaux's ideas for Present notably shows the differences from his work with UZ with a more repetitive and hypnotic approach to the music, but while still being dark and gloomy - sometimes even scary. Triskaidekaphobie was their debut album and proves these facts spot on, and remains one of my most favoured RIO recordings to be released at that time. The music is dark and atmospheric, hypnotic and repetitive, but never boring to the listener. Another difference between UZ and Present is that this album moves away from the chamber influences and uses electric instruments instead, but the material here is no less interesting and it is in fact very reminiscent of UZ's 80's albums stylistically. The opening cut, "Promenade au fond D'un Canal", is the best piece here and sets the album mood perfectly with it's gloomy opening before turning into frantic and challenging Avant-Prog delights until it finally slips into darkness and goes through a multiple of sections before returning to it's opening theme promoted with a blistering and intense guitar solo by Trigaux. It's a composition that has to be heard to appreciate properly but it's definitely one of the genres finest songs. The next cut, titled Quatre-Vingt Douze, is more varied and goes through even more sections, although it's more on the minimalist side of the album at times. Again, it displays blistering complexity both in terms of musicianship and compositionally seen, although it's not as strong as the opening cut. Not easy listening by any means, but along with the previous cut it have a lot to offer and stands out as perhaps the most interesting part of the album.

The final piece is a very gloomy and dark closer that gives the listener a chance to chill, but with goosebumps and a chance to think what the hell he just went through the last 35 minutes. Again a very odd track, but still it might be the most normal piece here. Throughout the album, the musicians provide some excellent playing. Daniel Denis in particular does some really creative drumming on all tracks and spices the arrangements up even further. His unique style displayed with both Present and UZ definitely makes him one of my most preferred drummers in rock. Christian Genet's bass playing isn't as notable but he backs up the music very well and provides excellent techniques when required. As with his bandmates, he is a very unique player that suits this band perfectly. Alain Rochette takes the main role in most of the songs with his sharp and precise playing on the keyboards and he easily manages to boost Trigaux's arrangements up a few notches, making the songs more clear and understandable. Trigaux himself textures the music with long, soaring guitar notes for most of the time, but backs up the rest of the band excellently when needed. All in all, the playing from the band and compositions featured here is nothing but admirable, and it all works extremely well. This is not easy listening by any means, but surely a must have if you like this kind of music. You might look on it as a masterpiece, or maybe not, but I think this album is the best in Present's discography. Their next album is no worse so check out that one as well, in fact Cuneiform Records released both of them on one CD in the late 80's so pick it up if you are interested. A complete meltdown of wonderful insane, beyond brilliant stuff! 5/5

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#162352) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 22, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
4 stars TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIE is the birth of a band called Present that sounds a lot like (and shares members with) RIO legends Univers Zero. Yet, it is fairly obvious that Present has its own sound that distinguishes it from UZ. An interesting paradox, yet it's so hard to explain exactly why the two bands differ. You almost have to have heard both groups to get the idea in your head, and it's still hard to explain.

Whatever dark, macabre horrorifics that UZ employed (speaking from their debut, they got more electric later on), Present sound much less acoustic. The main strengths of the band are the pianos, the drums (Daniel Denis; no surprises there) and just the intensity of the music. Both big epics have that last quality in spades; if you're a fan of avant-prog, that hair-tickling feeling of the sharpness of the music will rub off on you in the best way. That's how best to really describe why Present and TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIE work within the avant-prog scene. It's well worth putting an ear to if you can find it.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#751171) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Review by chamberry
4 stars Present's debut is such a well rounded album. Granted it has only two songs and an outro, the songs themselves are intense from start to finish, leaving very little to complain about. I find myself shifting between this album and Univers Zero's Heresie depending on my mood, but at the moment I'll take Present's debut simply because Trigaux' guitar make this a rockier affair (and I mean 'rockier' in that it sounds more like a band than just an ensemble, as oppose to U.Z.'s first three albums.) Genet's bass is unrelenting too; it's as pummeling as anything found on Magma's discography.

Fans of those aforementioned bands should check these guys out.

Send comments to chamberry (BETA) | Report this review (#921487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 02, 2013

3 stars Let me first of all add that I am not an avant-garde expert. I have never heard anything by Univers Zero either. But most importantly, I am not even a nuclear fission engineer. This is a review written by a humble IT guru and an open minded soul. For the experts, see the other reviews. Thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#296406) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Triskaidekaphobie - a brief search on the internet gave the answer to the question about the meaning of the album name: fear from the number 13. Well, fear is one of the emotions that pass through the music, but not the only one. Here there are three compositions, two of them written by Roger ... (read more)

Report this review (#135669) | Posted by ShW1 | Saturday, September 01, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This CD is very well done. I was very impressed. This leans more towards "Orchestrated" prog than it does "Band" prog. It sounds like there should be a mad conductor standing at the front of the studio, flailing his arms in the air while dressed in satanic garb. Much like Tool asks us to do in Sc ... (read more)

Report this review (#27665) | Posted by Pale Fire | Tuesday, May 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PRESENT "Triskaïdékaphobie"