TRISKAÏDÉKAPHOBIE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Present Triskaïdékaphobie album cover

Buy PRESENT Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Promenade Au Fond D'un Canal (19:15)
2. Quatre-vingt Douze (15:36)
3. Repulsion (3:27)

Search PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie lyrics

Search PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie tabs

- Roger Trigaux / guitars, pianos
- Alain Rochette / pianos, synths
- Daniel Denis / drums, percussion
- Christian Genet / bass

Lp. Atem 7008 (1981) / Cd. Cuneiform RUNE 17 (1989)

and to Cesar Inca for the last updates

PRESENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie Music

World I SeeWorld I See
Loaf 2008
PETER & GORDON - I Don't Want To See You Again / I Would Buy You Presents - 45 US $1.50 [0 bids]
Bay Area Rap G Funk DJ Fresh and the Whole Shabang Present Khali I Be VERY RARE! US $40.00 Buy It Now 5h 8m
US Air Force Presents record Peggy Lee Hallelujah I Love Him So US $5.50 Buy It Now 5h 27m
US Air Force Presents record Four Preps I A'int Never US $5.50 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Damizza Presents Where I Wanna Be *Bone Thugs Krayzie Layzie,Nate Dogg,Ja Rule US $2.00 [0 bids]
History Past, Present and Future Book I by Michael Jackson New US $2.70 [9 bids]
DUKEDAGOD presents The D.I.P. Agenda (PA) Cam'ron, Jadakiss, J.R,. Writer NEW US $0.99 [0 bids]
Michael Jackson History Past, Present, Future Book I Mexican 2CD Mexico US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 14m
DIMO & LYS presents PROJECT 789 - I'm Addicted - 12" US $13.27 Buy It Now 15h 11m
DON CORNELL ~ MEMORY LANE PRESENTS NEW CD FOR YOU,S'POSIN,I'M YOURS + MORE US $6.63 Buy It Now 17h 14m
PIP & PEN presents TONNIC - I Love What U Do - 12" US $13.27 Buy It Now 18h 43m
DJ DELICIOUS/ERIC SMAX present LANE CRYSPO - All I Gave 2 U - 12" US $16.27 Buy It Now 19h 31m
FAMILY LIFE PRESENTS cd I Still Do 2000 Worship For Couples MARANATHA NEW US $6.30 Buy It Now 20h 50m
SEALED 2005 Rap 12" T.I. Presents The P$C Set It Out / Do Ya Thing Grand Hustle US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 56m
History: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, May-1995, 2... US $3.99 [0 bids]
S.I.N. presents USHER Burn promo CD US $19.95 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - Maybach Music Presents I Run Rap - unmixed CD US $21.50 Buy It Now 1 day
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (2 Disc, 1995 Epic) US $18.19 Buy It Now 1 day
CD VARIOUS ARTISTS - MOJO PRESENTS I LOVE NY PUNK BLONDIE BAD BRAINS TELEVISION US $10.00 [0 bids]
Michael Jackson - HIStory (Past, Present & Future, Book I) (1995) 2CD FAT BOX US $11.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter and Gordon..I Don't Want To See / I Would By You Presents...1964 PS Only US $4.50 [0 bids]
De John Sisters D'Ja Hear What I Say? / A Present For Bob 5-9097 VG+ Pop 45 US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter & Gordon: I Don't Want To See You Again/I Would Buy You Presents 45 Reco US $2.99 [0 bids]
FIEND PRESENTS CAN I BURN NEW SEALED CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Longines Symphonette Society presents "Lord, I'm Coming Home" Volume 2 Two US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Royce Da 5'9" Rare Vinyl Lp Record Presents The M.I.C. Official Mixtape Rap NEW US $64.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dr Seuss Presents If I Ran The Zoo LP CAS1078 VG US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Damizzo Presents Where I Want to Be - CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Bobby Miller Presents: I Dug Acappella [CD New] US $19.08 Buy It Now 1 day
OGRONC Presents AFTER DA KAPPA 2K4 Hosted by PITBULL Explicit M.I.A.M.I. NEW CD US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MARIO + PRESENTS MORE all i need cassette uk media 1998 radio and massive mixes US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT * 1965 SHAWNEE MISSION WEST presents * CAMELOT * MY FAIR LADY * KING AND I * US $9.99 [0 bids]
MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY PAST. PRESENT FUTURE BOOK I 1ST PRESS JAPAN 2CD WITH OBI US $59.99 [0 bids]
JAMES CLEVELAND PRESENTS VOICES OF CHRIST LP SAVOY 14269 SOMEHOW I CAN SING US $9.99 [0 bids]
CHARLESTON SOUND PRESENTS: I GOT MUSIC - NEW CD US $41.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Putumayo Presents: Sahara Lounge (Card Sleeve) by Various Artists CD 2004i US $2.00 [0 bids]
FULL INTENTION PRESENTS SHENA - I'LL BE WAITING 12" INCH SINGLE VINYL RECORD US $1.64 [0 bids]
L.I.E.S. PRESENTS MUSIC FOR SHUT -INS / VARIOUS NEW CD US $29.24 Buy It Now 2 days
PETER & GORDON "I WOULD BUY YOU PRESENTS" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Di US $10.00 [0 bids]
I of the Storm * by John Kline (CD, 2010, Wet Present) US $1.49 [0 bids]
Mayback Music Presents: I Run Rap (CD 2009) Rick Ross, Fat Joe, The Game, TI US $2.99 [0 bids]
Cajmere Presents Walter Phillips ?- Sometimes I Do US $6.95 [0 bids]
Peter And Gordon I Would Buy You Presents / I Don't Want To See You 45 rpm VG+ US $3.48 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID MERRICK PRESENTS I CAN GET IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST LP US $9.95 [0 bids]
F**k Me I'm Famous International: David Guetta Presents... US $6.78 Buy It Now 2 days
T.I. PRESENTS HUSTLE GANG - G.D.O.D. (GET DOUGH OR DIE) - BEM126 US $20.78 Buy It Now 2 days
HIStory Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson US $10.00 [0 bids]
Damizza Presents: Where I Wanna Be [PA] by Various Artists (Album CD,2000,Sire) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MOJO PRESENTS ~ I LOVE NY PUNK! - 15 TRACK PROMO CD ALBUM US $4.14 [0 bids]
Record Album Vinyl Ed Sullivan presents Songs & Music of "King and I" Musicals US $5.99 [0 bids]
L.I.E.S. Presents Music For Shut-Ins [CD New] US $23.98 Buy It Now 2 days
PETER GORDON I WOULD BUY YOU PRESENTS VEE 43 ACL OFFERS? US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CD Damizza Presents: Where I Wanna Be Various Artists Clean US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Perpetual - Roger Sanchez Presents Twilight - I Want Your Love (CD Single) US $6.63 Buy It Now 3 days
DANMARK import REDD FOXX Deep Note Presents: I Ain't Lied Yet CD 2004 NEW sealed US $29.98 Buy It Now 3 days
"NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CHRISTMAS" 36 CLASSIC SONGS, PAST & PRESENT - 2-CD SET US $9.95 [0 bids]
(DJ510) The Present, World I See - 2008 DJ CD US $10.13 Buy It Now 3 days
CD I'm from Further North Than You Wedding Present Single, Import US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Bill Gaither presents - I'm Something Special with The Homecoming Kids US $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Bill & Gloria Gaither present I'm Something Special (CD, 1994, Gaither Music). US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2... US $14.00 [0 bids]
Don Ho Vol. 2 Singer Presents Lp Music Vinyl Record Album i1 Reprise #RS 310 US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DJ Soul Presents Notorious B.I.G. & Lil Jon "Pary and Bullshit 2006" 12" Single US $2.99 [0 bids]
Group Home Presents - Lil Dap: I-A-Dap CD US $10.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Defected Presents Nick Curly I - Defected Presents Nick Curly I NEW CD US $18.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Muggs Presents the Soul Assassins, Chapter I [PA] by Muggs (CD, Mar-1997,... US $3.99 [0 bids]
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2... US $15.99 [0 bids]
YAHOWA 13 Present I'm Gonna Take You Home Reissue vinyl LP 500 copies only US $83.06 Buy It Now 3 days
The Wedding Present - I'm From Further North Than You 7" Scopitones 2005 US $6.74 Buy It Now 3 days
RHODES SISTERS your birthday present's birthday 7" promo b/w i can't believe (45 US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Outlawz & DJ Fatal Presents: Stormey & Lloyd "H.I.M." US $7.99 [0 bids]
Definitive Jux Presents: The Juk(i)e Box - Version 1.0 (Definitive Jux, 2003) CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
SVEK presents DJ I.N.C. The Afterset Sessions CD album 2000 records US $4.15 Buy It Now 3 days
K-TEL PRESENTS I LOVE POP MUSIC: 18 FANTASTIC FEEL GOOD MEMORIES (2003) 131B US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LP* Rasco Presents: 20,000 Leagues Under the Street VI - VA * SAAFIR * ZION I * US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Mtv Presents-Hip Hop Back I - Mtv Presents-Hip Hop Back In T [CD New] US $9.61 Buy It Now 4 days
MICHAEL JACKSON-HISTORY PAST,PRESENT AND FUTURE BOOK I-2 GOLD CDS SET-USA-MINT- US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MICHAEL JACKSON-HISTORY PAST,PRESENT AND FUTURE BOOK I-2CDS SET-AUSTRIA-MINT- US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
M.JACKSON-HISTORY,PAST,PRESENT&FUTURE BOOK I-1995-SPECIAL EDIT.CD-SLIP CASE-MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CNBLUE-KOREA BEST PRESENT-JAPAN 2 CD+DVD Ltd/Ed I98 zd US $44.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Peter and Gordon - Knight in Rusty Armour (Mono) ("I Would Buy You Presents") US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
1966 ATOM ANT PRESENTS HANNA-BARBERA SINGERS When I Grow Up Railroad C107 US $38.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY DORSEY GOLDEN HOUR PRESENTS I`M GETTING SENTIMENTAL OVER YOU VINYL LP US $5.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Bill Traylor Presents I Call It Love CD Love Inspired US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
(79G) Svek Presents DJ I.N.C. - Tha Afterset Sessions US $10.13 Buy It Now 4 days
HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Di US $2.99 [0 bids]
DJ Muggs Presents the Soul Assassins, Chapter I Cassette rza dr. dre wyclef US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Dr Seuss Presents If I Ran The Zoo Sleep Book LP CAS 1078 US $6.40 Buy It Now 4 days
Mood II Swing Presents Bumforhire - I Need A B--ch / Saturday / Club 2000 HOUSE US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Various - D.I.T.C Presents Wild Life HIP HOP 12" Single Vinyl 2001 Wild Life US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Full Intention Presents Shena - I'll Be Waiting HOUSE 12" Single Vinyl 2001 Popu US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
T.I. Presents The P$C - Do Ya Thing HIP HOP 12" Single Vinyl 2005 Atlantic US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DJ Sama Presents The Cuban Connection - I Got Watcha' Want / Throw It Up HIP HOP US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Scarface Presents The Product - Gotta Get Out / I'm A HIP HOP 12" Single Vinyl 2 US $3.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Squeak E. Clean Presents Bald Head Slick / 2Mex - I Win, U Lose / Once Again HI US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
T.I. Presents The P$C - 25 To Life (Amended Promo Album) HIP HOP 2XLP Double Vin US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ZONNYA-MRS. BOB HARRINGTON-PRESENTS-I FEEL GOOD-CHAPLAIN RECORDS Z-1-LIKE NEW US $6.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy PRESENT music online Buy PRESENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PRESENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie ratings distribution

PRESENT Triskaïdékaphobie reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars Review edited in 2014 in the light of the then-recent reissues Or The Fear Of Number 13, most likely a reference to Trigaux's old group Univers Zero's debut album called 1313. Actually Present started as an offshoot project of Univers Zero with both Roger Trigaux and Daniel Denis, but Trigaux was not to return to back to the mother group. The vast majority of the album is written by Roger Trigaux (who oscillates constantly between the piano to a searing guitar) and therefore one should not really expect the same kind of music than on a UZ album, despite the same kind of sombre ambiance.

Just three tracks on this album, one of which is simply the most representative track of Present's Oeuvre: the side-long 19 min+ Promenade Au Fond D'Un Canal. With an incredibly ever changing rhythm pattern but constantly sinister and metronomic-quality (almost repetitive to be minimalist, but this would be misleading) groove and helped out tremendously by Rochette's piano, this track is riveting, tense from beginning to end. The 15 min+ Quatre-vingt Douze is based much on the same pattern but reminds you of John Cale and Terry Riley's superb album Church Of Anthrax. Last but not least is a short Repulsion (a collaboration between Trigaux, Denis and bassist Genet) that has problems finding its place next to the other two "epics", but is highly atmospheric.

The recent reissues of Present's first two albums boast bonus tracks and in this case, it is two live tracks from the mythic Halles De Schaerbeek back in 81. The first track is a shorter version of UZ's Dense (from the then-upcoming Ceux Du Dehors) with a much more electric feel. A very interesting bonus track that could've fitted on an early UZ album as well. The 10-mins Vous Le Saurez En Temps Voulu reflects well the paranoiac feel induced by the title (you'll know when it suits US) with its sinister pedestrian pace that goes crescendo. Both tracks are essential and high-valued additions to the original album. AAMOF, if you didn't know of the original album's initial form, you'd swear the bonus tracks are part of it. The expanded booklet provides a few pictures and the first-part history of the band's first era, courtesy of Aymeric Leroy. The remastering of the album and bonus tracks was handled by the great Udi Kooran.

Certainly one of the darkest Oeuvre written back then, there are not that many albums that have topped it in that regard, since. I cannot easily recommend this album to everybody, because this dark sinister music is not easily approachable (and not suited to getting romantic with the girlfriend unless she enjoys doing it in a coffin ;-) and is at best an acquired taste. But if you are reading this review, one can say that ¼ of the way is done.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#27664) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 04, 2004

5 stars 4.5 stars. Quite appropriate that PRESENT's first album would be called "Triskaidekaphobie" (fear of the number 13). As Sean Trane points out it's sort of a nod to UNIVERS ZERO who's debut was called "1313". Three of the four members of PRESENT are from UNIVERS ZERO including UNIVERS ZERO's leader, drummer and percussionist Daniel Denis. While Daniel and bass player Christian Genet would go back to UNIVERS ZERO after this recording to create "Ceux Du Hors", Roger Trigaux wouldn't, their former guitarist would continue with PRESENT as it's leader. In fact this project was his vehicle all along as a way to express his musical dreams or should I say nightmares. The music here is similar in style to UNIVERS ZERO without the classical instruments and with more of a focus on the guitar and piano. By the way Daniel Denis would return to play on PRESENT's second album after UNIVERS ZERO recorded "Uzed".

We begin with my favourite song on the album "Promenade Au Fond D'Un Canal" a 19 minute classic. It opens with piano and percussion and is dark and reserved. It kicks in at the 2 minute mark with piano, drums, guitar, bass and percussion. It sounds great ! So much intensity ! It slows back down 4 minutes in but still has that incredible sound. Scorching guitar 7 minutes in, and the bass that comes and goes is prominant. It all stops before 10 minutes except for the piano. Percussion and guitar join in before a heavy beat arrives.The piano becomes very prominant again. 15 minutes in the guitar starts to slowly rip it up until that's all you hear right to the end of the song. Nice.

"Quatre-Vingt Douze" is another long track at over 15 minutes. A fairly energetic intro is replaced by gentle piano. It becomes uptempo again 2 1/2 minutes in with percussion and piano leadng the way. It calms down again 6 1/2 minutes in with gentle piano as this theme is repeated. The song stops 10 1/2 minutes in and returns slower and darker with eerie piano melodies. The pace picks up 14 minutes with some great bass as the mood brightens. "Repulsion" is the final track and is very repetitive with a piano note being methodically pressed every 3 seconds while percussion is used in the same way. The sound slowly increases.

Like with the music of UNIVERS ZERO this album is not for everyone. If you like that style though you have to check this one out.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#149791) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 09, 2007

Review by Bj-1
5 stars Present was the brainchild of Univers Zero guitarist Roger Trigaux, showing his compositional skills outside that band teamed up with UZ drummer Daniel Denis, bassist Christian Genet and the relatively unknown Alain Rochette on the keyboards. Trigaux's ideas for Present notably shows the differences from his work with UZ with a more repetitive and hypnotic approach to the music, but while still being dark and gloomy - sometimes even scary. Triskaidekaphobie was their debut album and proves these facts spot on, and remains one of my most favoured RIO recordings to be released at that time. The music is dark and atmospheric, hypnotic and repetitive, but never boring to the listener. Another difference between UZ and Present is that this album moves away from the chamber influences and uses electric instruments instead, but the material here is no less interesting and it is in fact very reminiscent of UZ's 80's albums stylistically. The opening cut, "Promenade au fond D'un Canal", is the best piece here and sets the album mood perfectly with it's gloomy opening before turning into frantic and challenging Avant-Prog delights until it finally slips into darkness and goes through a multiple of sections before returning to it's opening theme promoted with a blistering and intense guitar solo by Trigaux. It's a composition that has to be heard to appreciate properly but it's definitely one of the genres finest songs. The next cut, titled Quatre-Vingt Douze, is more varied and goes through even more sections, although it's more on the minimalist side of the album at times. Again, it displays blistering complexity both in terms of musicianship and compositionally seen, although it's not as strong as the opening cut. Not easy listening by any means, but along with the previous cut it have a lot to offer and stands out as perhaps the most interesting part of the album.

The final piece is a very gloomy and dark closer that gives the listener a chance to chill, but with goosebumps and a chance to think what the hell he just went through the last 35 minutes. Again a very odd track, but still it might be the most normal piece here. Throughout the album, the musicians provide some excellent playing. Daniel Denis in particular does some really creative drumming on all tracks and spices the arrangements up even further. His unique style displayed with both Present and UZ definitely makes him one of my most preferred drummers in rock. Christian Genet's bass playing isn't as notable but he backs up the music very well and provides excellent techniques when required. As with his bandmates, he is a very unique player that suits this band perfectly. Alain Rochette takes the main role in most of the songs with his sharp and precise playing on the keyboards and he easily manages to boost Trigaux's arrangements up a few notches, making the songs more clear and understandable. Trigaux himself textures the music with long, soaring guitar notes for most of the time, but backs up the rest of the band excellently when needed. All in all, the playing from the band and compositions featured here is nothing but admirable, and it all works extremely well. This is not easy listening by any means, but surely a must have if you like this kind of music. You might look on it as a masterpiece, or maybe not, but I think this album is the best in Present's discography. Their next album is no worse so check out that one as well, in fact Cuneiform Records released both of them on one CD in the late 80's so pick it up if you are interested. A complete meltdown of wonderful insane, beyond brilliant stuff! 5/5

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#162352) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 22, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
4 stars TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIE is the birth of a band called Present that sounds a lot like (and shares members with) RIO legends Univers Zero. Yet, it is fairly obvious that Present has its own sound that distinguishes it from UZ. An interesting paradox, yet it's so hard to explain exactly why the two bands differ. You almost have to have heard both groups to get the idea in your head, and it's still hard to explain.

Whatever dark, macabre horrorifics that UZ employed (speaking from their debut, they got more electric later on), Present sound much less acoustic. The main strengths of the band are the pianos, the drums (Daniel Denis; no surprises there) and just the intensity of the music. Both big epics have that last quality in spades; if you're a fan of avant-prog, that hair-tickling feeling of the sharpness of the music will rub off on you in the best way. That's how best to really describe why Present and TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIE work within the avant-prog scene. It's well worth putting an ear to if you can find it.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#751171) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Review by chamberry
4 stars Present's debut is such a well rounded album. Granted it has only two songs and an outro, the songs themselves are intense from start to finish, leaving very little to complain about. I find myself shifting between this album and Univers Zero's Heresie depending on my mood, but at the moment I'll take Present's debut simply because Trigaux' guitar make this a rockier affair (and I mean 'rockier' in that it sounds more like a band than just an ensemble, as oppose to U.Z.'s first three albums.) Genet's bass is unrelenting too; it's as pummeling as anything found on Magma's discography.

Fans of those aforementioned bands should check these guys out.

Send comments to chamberry (BETA) | Report this review (#921487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 02, 2013

3 stars Let me first of all add that I am not an avant-garde expert. I have never heard anything by Univers Zero either. But most importantly, I am not even a nuclear fission engineer. This is a review written by a humble IT guru and an open minded soul. For the experts, see the other reviews. Thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#296406) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Triskaidekaphobie - a brief search on the internet gave the answer to the question about the meaning of the album name: fear from the number 13. Well, fear is one of the emotions that pass through the music, but not the only one. Here there are three compositions, two of them written by Roger ... (read more)

Report this review (#135669) | Posted by ShW1 | Saturday, September 01, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This CD is very well done. I was very impressed. This leans more towards "Orchestrated" prog than it does "Band" prog. It sounds like there should be a mad conductor standing at the front of the studio, flailing his arms in the air while dressed in satanic garb. Much like Tool asks us to do in Sc ... (read more)

Report this review (#27665) | Posted by Pale Fire | Tuesday, May 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PRESENT "Triskaïdékaphobie"