MIDNIGHT WIRE

Curved Air Midnight Wire album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy CURVED AIR Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Woman On a One Night Stand (5:06)
2. Day Breaks My Heart (4:38)
3. The Fool (4:27)
4. Pipe of Dreams (3:58)
5. Orange Street Blues (5:01)
6. Dance of Love (4:36)

- John Perry / bass
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Derek Damain / backing vocals
- Norma Tager / lyrics

1975 - BTM Records (LP) / 1995 - Repertoire Records (CD) Barcode: 4009910449929 . Cat. Nr. REP 4499-WY

CURVED AIR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURVED AIR Midnight Wire Music

PhantasmagoriaPhantasmagoria
REPERTOIRE 2011
Best of Curved AirBest of Curved Air
Repertoire 2008
AirWaves - Live At The BBC Remastered / Live At The Paris TheatreAirWaves - Live At The BBC Remastered / Live At The Paris Theatre
Cleopatra 2012
Air CutAir Cut
Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2006
Second AlbumSecond Album
REPERTOIRE 2011
CURVED AIR AIRBORNE BTM UK 1976 orig lp sonja kristina terry riley prog psych US $32.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Curved Air - Live at the BBC cd 1970-76 Sonja Krisitina Darryl Way Colosseum OOP US $34.90 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Stretch - Why Did You Do It? 5" cd ep 1985 Elmer Gantry Velvet Opera Curved Air US $29.90 Buy It Now 6h 54m
CURVED AIR-LIVE LP Printed in Korea US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 18m
CURVED AIR Air Conditioning JAPAN CD PROMO WPCR-12548 OBI / Special Package US $31.50 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Curved Air - Midnight Wire [CD New] US $10.92 Buy It Now 9h 11m
Curved Air ?Airconditioning lp vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 5m
Curved Air ? Phantasmagoria lp vinyl US $22.99 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Curved Air - Airconditioning CD US $14.91 Buy It Now 13h 16m
CURVED AIR - CURVED AIR LIVE / Japan LP / OBI / 1975 / Record / Rare US $47.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Curved Air - Live [CD New] US $10.01 Buy It Now 15h 7m
CURVED AIR - NORTH STAR - CRVE002 US $19.00 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Curved Air - North Star (NEW CD) US $20.30 Buy It Now 15h 15m
CURVED AIR-LOVECHILD-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria CD Warner Japan Release 1972 album 9-tracks prog US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 54m
CURVED AIR "BABY PLEASE DON'T GO c/w BROKEN LADY" CLASSIC ROCK SOUND LISTEN! US $11.59 Buy It Now 21h 2m
TERRY RILEY A Rainbow In Curved Air MINT LP in open shrink wrap US $20.00 Buy It Now 22h 59m
PIANO ONE EDDIE JOBSON JOACHIM KUHN ERIC WATSON 1985 LP EX US PROG UK CURVED AIR US $5.99 [0 bids]
PHANTASMAGORIA CURVED AIR WARNER BROS. RECORDS BS-2628 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Eternal vows / No way back / Curved air 12" 12inch vinyl record single 9e US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Air Conditioning [CD New] US $14.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air Tony Reeves magazine MM Musician Autumn 1977 US $24.85 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - AIRCONDITIONING LP RECORD 1970 US $33.15 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR Best Of LP Warner Bros UK '76 nm k36015 rare prog rock WOW!! US $34.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - The Best of Curved Air. LP. 1976. VG+ US $8.21 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR 'THE BEST OF CURVED AIR' UK LP US $14.91 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR 'CURVED AIR LIVE' UK LP US $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - LIVE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $20.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Epilogue Featuring members of Yes, Dream Theater, Gong, Curved Air, Porcupine Tr US $30.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air Air Conditioning LP US $41.45 Buy It Now 1 day
TERRY RILEY.A RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR. US $6.62 [0 bids]
TERRY RILEY A RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR LP COLUMBIA STEREO MASTERWORKS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Air Conditioning - Stunning Prog debut - CD in Ex condition US $8.27 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Second Album (NEW CD) US $16.15 Buy It Now 1 day
DARRYL WAY LITTLE PLUM PS 45 1982 CURVED AIR US $1.99 [2 bids]
CURVED AIR ON TOUR MIDNIGHT WIRE ADVERT 8 NOV 1975 FULL PAGE US $14.08 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR AIR CONDITIONING US $14.84 [0 bids]
Curved Air-Air Cut Wire UK prog cd US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE PSYCH / PROG ROCK - CURVED AIR - AIR CUT - 1973 WARNER BROS - EXCELLENT US $31.50 [0 bids]
Original "Curved Air " Poster- Royal Festival Hall 1971 US $33.16 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria (Mini Lp Sleeve) [CD New] US $44.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air single from 1971, "Back Street Luv", Warner Bros K 16092 US $2.49 [0 bids]
Curved Air: Air Cut (Cardboard Sleeve - Mini-LP) (Japan Import) US $108.43 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - AIRBORNE NEW CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Sky: s/t Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd francis monkman curved air Q US $52.25 Buy It Now 2 days
A Rainbow in Curved Air / Terry Riley by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley... US $11.55 Buy It Now 2 days
A Rainbow in Curved Air / Terry Riley by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley... US $4.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Back Street Luv 1971 7" Warner Bros K 16092 US $5.80 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR it happened today 3 track ep WB 8023 uk warner 1971 7" WS EX/ US $18.69 Buy It Now 2 days
AIRBORNE CURVED AIR TOUR DATES ADVERT 10 JULY 1976 US $11.26 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - LIVE - DERAM - SML 1119 - ZAL-13569.P-1W - 1975 US $11.52 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Back Street Luv - UK Warner Bros 1971 45 US $3.23 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR-BACK STREET LUV 4 TRACK 7" SINGLE US $6.62 Buy It Now 2 days
1F WB PROMO CURVED AIR BACK STREEY LUV EVERDANCE MONKMAN GARAGE PSYCHO FUNK US $19.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Airborne [CD New] US $13.54 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR-AIRBORNE-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI rrr US $69.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - The Best Of Curved Air - WB - K 36015 A1/B1 incl Back Street Luv US $8.21 [0 bids]
CAMEL the single factor JAPAN mini lp SHM CD PETER BARDENS GENESIS CURVED AIR SS US $27.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - NORTH STAR (UK) NEW CD US $36.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air-Midnight Wire UK prog cd US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR "NM WAX" Air Cut 1973 Japan Press OBI LP E3554 US $379.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Sonja Kristina Escape Curved Air live London 8 August 1978 poster print A5 bw US $24.85 Buy It Now 2 days
AIR CUT CURVED AIR LP Original UK PROG ROCK US $28.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air Back street luv 7" K16092 VG/EX UK US $12.29 Buy It Now 3 days
KIRBY Gregory / COMPOSITION MINI LP CD NEW Curved Air US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1976 - CURVED AIR - Airborne + UK Tour Dates - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.91 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR-AIRCONDITIONING-RARE ORIGINAL PICTURE DISC 1970 3012 U.K. US $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air SONJA KRISTINA MINI LP JAPAN Press CD 3 BONUS TRX SEALED USA seller US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR LOVE CHILD RARE OOP CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR-AIR CUT-JAPAN Ltd.Ed ISSUE MINI LP CD Gi50 US $42.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TERRY RILEY A Rainbow In Curved Air Original UK CBS 64564 US $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan- cunning stunts (SHM-CD) Japanese mini Lp (camel- curved air) US $47.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR-SECOND ALBUM-JAPAN MINI LP CD F50 US $29.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan- s/t (SHM-CD) Japanese mini Lp (camel- curved air) US $47.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air Live Female Vocals Violin different Prog HTF 400 great records listed US $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR "Second Album" LP - Warner Bros. 1971 - White Label Promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR SECOND ALBUM DELETED COVER MEGA RARE ISRAELI ISRAEL LP PROG PSYCH US $500.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air Air Conditioning ORIGINAL LP rare psych prog US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR - MIDNIGHT WIRE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $7.91 Buy It Now 3 days
Sealed NON-DAIRY CREAMER ZEPHER Curved Air PETER GREEN Warner Reprise Sampler US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sky-Self Titled-1979 Ariola Records-Prog Rock-Francis Monkman,Curved Air-EX Cond US $5.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR PHANTASMAGORIA 1991 JAPAN CD SEALED +OBI WPCP-4224 RARE OUT OF PRINT US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Phantasmagoria GERMANY Warner CD NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - AIR CONDITIONING [CURVED AIR] - NEW CD US $11.43 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Live CD 1ST PRESS 1995 Repertoire Records, REP 4514-WY US $11.90 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - BACK STREET LUV - WB 45 - U.K. PRESSING US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR AIR CONDITIONING UK PSYCH PROG LP 1970 US $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air Airborne CD album (CDLP) German REP4493-WY REPERTOIRE 1994 US $14.91 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air Second Album German CD album (CDLP) 7599-26434-2 WARNER 1996 US $20.71 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Lovechild 2000 German 8-track CD album picture sleeve SMMCD609 US $14.91 Buy It Now 4 days
Terry Riley A Rainbow In Curved Air UK vinyl LP album record S64564 CBS 1971 US $48.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air It Happened Today 7" vinyl single record UK WB8023 WARNER BROTHERS US $18.16 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR SONJA KRISTINA cover Vintage Music Press Poster Size cutting 1971 US $19.81 Buy It Now 4 days
HAWKWIND JIMMY CLIFF CURVED AIR Gig page Music Press Adverts/Cutting 1972 US $19.81 Buy It Now 4 days
ELTON JOHN CURVED AIR HUMBLE PIE Vintage Music Press article/cutting 1972 US $19.81 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air vinyl LP album record The Best Of Curved Air UK K36015 US $23.13 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Live LP 1975 US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Air Cut US $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR "NM WAX" Curved Air Live GP-146 LP Ae6096 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Second Album by Curved Air LP Record 33 RPM 1971 US $7.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CURVED AIR music online Buy CURVED AIR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CURVED AIR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire ratings distribution

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
2 stars My first encounter with this album was in the LP (vinyl) era, early '80's. At the time the only way of finding out about new progressive music, new to me anyway, was browsing at record stores or word of mouth. I had already picked up the first two albums and maybe Phantasmagoria at the time and liked them a lot. As far as I knew, those were the only albums in the discography. I get this one home and what a major disappointment!

The only track I really cared for, and still the best one on here, was the instrumental Pipe of Dreams. As was my habit at the time, I'd record LPs I liked to 90-minute cassettes. If there was any space left over on a side, I'd add a filler track from an album I didn't want to waste a whole cassette side for. So that was the fate of this album in my collection for a quite a while.

Come 2002, I had started to convert some of my LPs to CD, stuff that hadn't been released on CD yet and didn't seem likely to. Usually when I do this, particularly if I go to the trouble to scan in the album cover art and make my own CD booklet, the thing gets released and I have to buy it, arrgh! So, I was making a copy of Air Cut and I gave Midnight Wire another spin to select tracks to fill up my CD. Turned out that to my current tastes this album wasn't quite as bad as when I first heard it.

Still, if you're going to explore Curved Air, put this one at the bottom of your list. I recently got an official copy, it was released in '95. Air Cut was just re-released last year (2006) and is much, much better.

Woman on a One Night Stand is utterly unimpressive. I do like Day Breaks My Heart's jazzy style, not something you'll not hear much from CA. The title track, Midnight Wire, isn't too bad either. The rest of the songs here are pretty good as pop tunes, but rather poor as prog.

Personnel wise, this album is interesting for having Stewart Copeland on drums, pre Police. Also, Darryl Way is back after his one album hiatus (Air Cut).

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#119541) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I was really surprised with the low ratings this album got. I had Midnight Wire at the time it was released and I remember liking it very much. Sure, it was not as good as the first four, but still they were able to deliver a more than average work. In fact I believe some people here were mistaken to label this Lp as commercial pop rock. It is not. it's softer than all previous ones, but still too sophisticated and progressive enough to prevent that (and, besides, it did not sell well).

Darryl Way was back on fold, but unfortunatly Francis Monkman didn't and his presence is sorely missing. The songs selection was not their best either, with some fine moments on the title track and the instrumental Pipe Of Drems. There are no real bad tunes, but neither are too memorable ones. For the second time around the band had changed their style dramatically and I guess their fans did fogave them for that (the previous album, Air Cut was also badly received for the change of style).

Still I have a soft spot for this CD. It is different, not so much progressive (like the three first), nor hard rocking (like Air Cut), but still delivering some fine light stuff. Besides, Kristina voice is wonderful and the musicians are skilled (including a young, pre Police, Stewart Copeland). So I think it is savory, but not for everyone. My personal rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album is obviously the weakest effort of the band so far. I wouldn't necessarily say that this album sound pop; it is just weak.

Song writing is below average, melodies are absent, songs sounds flat and uninspired. Darryl is more than ever on the command and Sonja has apparently recovered from her ''vocal disease'' which was noticeable on their live album.

The global mood is more bluesy (''Orange Street Blues'') or even soulish (''Dance Of Love''), needless to say that none of these genre is able to attract my attention. This album is not a good one to be honest. Some pleasant violin play is probably the best you can expect out of this work, but we are far from the brilliance of the early days of course (''Vivaldi'').

Needless to say that this album is not an essential one. The band released better works in their early days, although I was never thrilled: good music but not great music. With this ''Midnight Wire'', they just went one step below. Not one single good song available. And the attraction of Steward Copeland on percussions in really not enough to make this album interesting.

Two stars: weak to poor.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#192576) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by b_olariu
2 stars 2.5 really

With this album from 1975 named Midnight wire Curved Air lost identity, this release is mediocre, but at least has some ok moments here and there. Sonya voice is ok, but in some parts is irritating like on opening track, a totaly forgetable track for sure. Copeland on drums appears here, later on The Police or Oysterhead among others. The best pieces of the album is an instrumental one named Pipe of dreams, is a nice little tune , very atmospheric with violin making some good moves. The rest of the tracks are forgetable and uninspired at best, this release sounds kinda far from what they had on first 2-3 albums, is mainly comercial with not many prog arrangements. I was never a fan of this band, I like some of their albums but nothing special to my ears.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#862637) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 stars I really didn't know what to expect when I bought this album. The only song I had ever heard of their's was Vivaldi and I loved it. Fortunately, it was a good investment. This has become one of my favorite albums to listen to. I don't really like the first track though. I don't know, I ju ... (read more)

Report this review (#66158) | Posted by jalas | Sunday, January 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sonja Kristina is really a bad singer, and her voice sounds irritating. In this record her presence breaks the band that sounds better than the other albuns. Well, i really donīt like this band and pass ahead this record in a trade store. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28120) | Posted by | Thursday, April 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Average album. Sonja Kristina's appeal to the male audience always overshadowed her vocal shortcomings. I still remember the blue hot pants from the gig at Bournemouth Winter Gardens in the late 70's! Pipe of Dreams is a nice instrumental, though. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28119) | Posted by | Friday, March 05, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CURVED AIR "Midnight Wire"