MIDNIGHT WIRE

Curved Air Midnight Wire album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy CURVED AIR Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Woman On a One Night Stand (5:06)
2. Day Breaks My Heart (4:38)
3. The Fool (4:27)
4. Pipe of Dreams (3:58)
5. Orange Street Blues (5:01)
6. Dance of Love (4:36)

- John Perry / bass
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Derek Damain / backing vocals
- Norma Tager / lyrics

1975 - BTM Records (LP) / 1995 - Repertoire Records (CD) Barcode: 4009910449929 . Cat. Nr. REP 4499-WY

CURVED AIR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURVED AIR Midnight Wire Music

Air ConditioningAir Conditioning
Live AtmosphereLive Atmosphere
Ais 2012
CURVED AIR-NORTH STAR-JAPAN CD G35 US $38.50 Buy It Now 1h 14m
CURVED AIR - "BACK STREET LUV" 1971 HEAVY PROG ROCK ORIG 71 DUTCH PS 7" M/M- US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Curved Air JAPAN 3 titles Mini LP CD SS + PROMO Airconditioning BOX SET US $114.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
CURVED AIR - CURVED AIR: THE LOST BROADCASTS [REGION 2] NEW DVD US $11.66 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Curved Air - Back Street Luv 7" 1975 Live Recording Deram DM 426 US $6.69 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Curved Air - Second Album [CD New] US $9.14 Buy It Now 10h 7m
CURVED AIR BACK STREET LOVE 7" SINGLE CHEAP US $6.68 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Curved Air - North Star CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $20.06 Buy It Now 11h 5m
Curved Air Airconditioning LP UK 1st Press Ex Wax Green Label WSX312 Darryl Way US $40.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - SECOND ALBUM NEW CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Curved Air-Midnight Wire-U.K. Import LP Excellent!! (Soft Machine) US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 2m
Curved Air-The Best Of-RARE IMPORT COLLECTION-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT(Soft Machine US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Midnight Wire Curved Air CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 17h 24m
CURVED AIR Live JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD New US $47.99 Buy It Now 17h 27m
TERRY RILEY A RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR CBS A1 B1 US $8.37 [1 bids]
Curved Air - Air Conditioning NEW CD US $19.46 Buy It Now 18h 15m
CURVED AIR Back Street Luv Ex+ Warner Brothers 1971 UK 7" US $6.66 Buy It Now 18h 16m
"Phantasmagoria" Curved Air / Japanese Import CD with OBI / Warner Music 1991 US $24.95 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Curved Air vg+ white label GF LP Second Album US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 39m
ANALOGY - THE SUITE 70s PROGRESSIVE ROCK CONCEPT similar CURVED AIR OHRWASCHL CD US $20.95 Buy It Now 21h 51m
SONJA KRISTINA LP uk chopE5 '80 curved air rare WOW synth prog orig scarce vinyl US $179.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR 2nd Album 1st UK Pressing Warner Bros Stereo K46092 Fold Out 6 Panels US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR "Vivaldi" RARE ITALIAN HOLECOVER 7"PROMO for JB EDITION US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Second Album CD REPERTOIRE US $19.93 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR Airconditioning LP UK WARNER K56004 US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR SELF LIVE UK DERAM SML 1119 1975 ORIGINAL LP NEAR MINT RARE US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR PHANTASMAGORIA 1972 JAPAN CD w/OBI 2400yen US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - AIRBORNE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $26.21 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - AIR CUT (IMPORT) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $18.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Phantasmagoria (WLP) LP EX/NM white Label Prpomo with Inserts prog US $19.80 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - PHANTASMAGORIA NEW CD US $14.34 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR AIR CUT JAPAN CD MINI LP SLEEVE BRAND ? NEW ? US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Live CD US $12.15 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Airborne CD (Near Mint) US $11.22 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Jim Russell Interview Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1973 US $20.08 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Aircut Music Press poster size Advert/Cutting 1973 vintage clipping US $20.08 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria CD US $11.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Airborne 2011 [CD New] US $11.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria 2012 [CD New] US $9.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Air Cut [CD New] US $10.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Live Atmosphere (NEW CD+DVD) US $24.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Air Cut CD US $8.59 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR CLIMAX BLUES BAND Poster size LP & Tour advert 1975 Cutting/Clipping US $20.08 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - AIRCONDITIONING NEW CD US $17.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air-WS-4702-best of sealed US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - LOVECHILD NEW CD US $24.68 Buy It Now 2 days
WOLF "Saturation Point" RM with bonus 3 tracks Top 70's UK prog Curved Air US $13.99 [0 bids]
WOLF "Canis Lupus" REMASTER with 2 bonus tracks Top 70's UK prog Curved Air US $13.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air "Best of" vinyl record, VG+, from 1976 US $2.95 [0 bids]
Curved Air / Phantasmagoria CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Airconditioning 1970 WL Promo Vinyl LP NM Conditioning US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Second Album Curved Air CD 4009910114124 US $10.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Air Conditioning 2012 [CD New] US $10.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Air Cut CD US $23.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria CD REPERTOIRE US $19.93 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air,Second Album,LP US $25.92 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR Phantasmagoria Trippy Prog Psych LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air/Live/1975 Deram LP/EX- US $21.73 Buy It Now 3 days
WOLF Canis Lupus JAPAN Mini Lp CD Darryl Way Curved Air Out Of Print US $14.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR 1975 Midnight Wire RARE Promotional CLOCK Stewart Copeland The Police US $16.71 [1 bids]
WOLF "Saturation Point " ORIGINAL Deram 70's UK prog psych LP Curved Air US $9.99 [0 bids]
WOLF "Canis Lupis" ORIGINAL M- Deram 70's UK prog psych LP Curved Air US $9.99 [0 bids]
Terry Riley Rainbow in Curved Air CD US $2.00 [0 bids]
? Curved Air - Air Conditioning (1 of the first Pic Discs!) (UK) (Darryl Way) US $74.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR Second Album Orig 1971 UK Vinyl LP Die-Cut Jacket NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Non-Dairy Creamer-1971 WB Green Label Promo LP-Curved Air, John Martyn, Zephyr US $5.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air / Air Conditioning CD US $11.96 Buy It Now 4 days
curved air phantasmagoria cd sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR-CURVED AIR LIVE-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI US $67.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR-AIR CUT-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL US $67.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Air Conditioning CD REPERTOIRE US $17.66 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - PHANTASMAGORIA - UK WARNER BROS - LISTEN US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - PHANTASMAGORIA [CURVED AIR] - NEW CD US $11.24 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Airborne Japan ONLY MINIaturized LP CD with OBI strip US $33.00 [0 bids]
Airconditioning~"Curved Air"~lp vinyl record Warner Brothers Records WS 1903 US $60.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air: The Lost Broadcasts [DVD New] US $11.07 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - LOST BROADCASTS NEW DVD US $19.31 Buy It Now 4 days
curved air-wb-with sticker and lyric sheet-phantasmagoria US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
curved air-btm records-live US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Phantasmagoria LP EX vinyl Terry Riley Prog Psych 1972 orig w/ insert US $6.99 [0 bids]
curved air - back street luv - 7" vinyl single US $13.37 Buy It Now 4 days
Airborne Curved Air CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Rainbow in Curved Air / Poppy Nogood, Riley, T., Good US $12.23 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - AIR CUT [CURVED AIR] - NEW CD US $15.58 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Live CD new U.K. US $15.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air 1972 Agency Press Release Sheet US $20.08 Buy It Now 5 days
Fruity LP 1972 UK Vinyl Ex/Ex Curved Air Van Morrison Alice Cooper Fleetwood Mac US $33.95 Buy It Now 5 days
CURVED AIR-LOVECHILD-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $47.50 Buy It Now 5 days
SKY+Francis Monkman(Curved Air) debut on Ariola Records US $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air - Air Conditioning 2000 (NEW CD) US $23.82 Buy It Now 5 days
CURVED AIR, LIVE VINYL LP, 1975 BTM 5001, SHIPS U.S. FREE! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SONJA KRISTINA of CURVED AIR New 2014 Previously Unreleased SONJA KRISTINA CD US $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air Ivor Cutler Elton John Strawbs Caravan Monty Python 1971 Programme US $418.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air Mick Abrahams Jethro Tull Marc Ellington 1971 Programme US $83.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air Skid Row Nick Pickett 1971 Programme US $83.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Faces Status Quo TYA Man Genesis Curved Air Vinegar Joe IF Stray 1972 Programme US $418.25 Buy It Now 5 days
CURVED AIR - SECOND ALBUM NEW CD US $18.54 Buy It Now 5 days
Second Album - Curved Air (2008, CD New) US $4.43 Buy It Now 5 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1976 CURVED AIR Airborne BTM 1008 Prog Kraut Rock UK US $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air: Air Cut LP - Germany US $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy CURVED AIR music online Buy CURVED AIR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CURVED AIR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire ratings distribution

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
2 stars My first encounter with this album was in the LP (vinyl) era, early '80's. At the time the only way of finding out about new progressive music, new to me anyway, was browsing at record stores or word of mouth. I had already picked up the first two albums and maybe Phantasmagoria at the time and liked them a lot. As far as I knew, those were the only albums in the discography. I get this one home and what a major disappointment!

The only track I really cared for, and still the best one on here, was the instrumental Pipe of Dreams. As was my habit at the time, I'd record LPs I liked to 90-minute cassettes. If there was any space left over on a side, I'd add a filler track from an album I didn't want to waste a whole cassette side for. So that was the fate of this album in my collection for a quite a while.

Come 2002, I had started to convert some of my LPs to CD, stuff that hadn't been released on CD yet and didn't seem likely to. Usually when I do this, particularly if I go to the trouble to scan in the album cover art and make my own CD booklet, the thing gets released and I have to buy it, arrgh! So, I was making a copy of Air Cut and I gave Midnight Wire another spin to select tracks to fill up my CD. Turned out that to my current tastes this album wasn't quite as bad as when I first heard it.

Still, if you're going to explore Curved Air, put this one at the bottom of your list. I recently got an official copy, it was released in '95. Air Cut was just re-released last year (2006) and is much, much better.

Woman on a One Night Stand is utterly unimpressive. I do like Day Breaks My Heart's jazzy style, not something you'll not hear much from CA. The title track, Midnight Wire, isn't too bad either. The rest of the songs here are pretty good as pop tunes, but rather poor as prog.

Personnel wise, this album is interesting for having Stewart Copeland on drums, pre Police. Also, Darryl Way is back after his one album hiatus (Air Cut).

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#119541) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I was really surprised with the low ratings this album got. I had Midnight Wire at the time it was released and I remember liking it very much. Sure, it was not as good as the first four, but still they were able to deliver a more than average work. In fact I believe some people here were mistaken to label this Lp as commercial pop rock. It is not. it's softer than all previous ones, but still too sophisticated and progressive enough to prevent that (and, besides, it did not sell well).

Darryl Way was back on fold, but unfortunatly Francis Monkman didn't and his presence is sorely missing. The songs selection was not their best either, with some fine moments on the title track and the instrumental Pipe Of Drems. There are no real bad tunes, but neither are too memorable ones. For the second time around the band had changed their style dramatically and I guess their fans did fogave them for that (the previous album, Air Cut was also badly received for the change of style).

Still I have a soft spot for this CD. It is different, not so much progressive (like the three first), nor hard rocking (like Air Cut), but still delivering some fine light stuff. Besides, Kristina voice is wonderful and the musicians are skilled (including a young, pre Police, Stewart Copeland). So I think it is savory, but not for everyone. My personal rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album is obviously the weakest effort of the band so far. I wouldn't necessarily say that this album sound pop; it is just weak.

Song writing is below average, melodies are absent, songs sounds flat and uninspired. Darryl is more than ever on the command and Sonja has apparently recovered from her ''vocal disease'' which was noticeable on their live album.

The global mood is more bluesy (''Orange Street Blues'') or even soulish (''Dance Of Love''), needless to say that none of these genre is able to attract my attention. This album is not a good one to be honest. Some pleasant violin play is probably the best you can expect out of this work, but we are far from the brilliance of the early days of course (''Vivaldi'').

Needless to say that this album is not an essential one. The band released better works in their early days, although I was never thrilled: good music but not great music. With this ''Midnight Wire'', they just went one step below. Not one single good song available. And the attraction of Steward Copeland on percussions in really not enough to make this album interesting.

Two stars: weak to poor.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#192576) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by b_olariu
2 stars 2.5 really

With this album from 1975 named Midnight wire Curved Air lost identity, this release is mediocre, but at least has some ok moments here and there. Sonya voice is ok, but in some parts is irritating like on opening track, a totaly forgetable track for sure. Copeland on drums appears here, later on The Police or Oysterhead among others. The best pieces of the album is an instrumental one named Pipe of dreams, is a nice little tune , very atmospheric with violin making some good moves. The rest of the tracks are forgetable and uninspired at best, this release sounds kinda far from what they had on first 2-3 albums, is mainly comercial with not many prog arrangements. I was never a fan of this band, I like some of their albums but nothing special to my ears.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#862637) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 stars I really didn't know what to expect when I bought this album. The only song I had ever heard of their's was Vivaldi and I loved it. Fortunately, it was a good investment. This has become one of my favorite albums to listen to. I don't really like the first track though. I don't know, I ju ... (read more)

Report this review (#66158) | Posted by jalas | Sunday, January 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sonja Kristina is really a bad singer, and her voice sounds irritating. In this record her presence breaks the band that sounds better than the other albuns. Well, i really donīt like this band and pass ahead this record in a trade store. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28120) | Posted by | Thursday, April 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Average album. Sonja Kristina's appeal to the male audience always overshadowed her vocal shortcomings. I still remember the blue hot pants from the gig at Bournemouth Winter Gardens in the late 70's! Pipe of Dreams is a nice instrumental, though. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28119) | Posted by | Friday, March 05, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CURVED AIR "Midnight Wire"