MIDNIGHT WIRE

Curved Air Midnight Wire album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy CURVED AIR Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Woman On a One Night Stand (5:06)
2. Day Breaks My Heart (4:38)
3. The Fool (4:27)
4. Pipe of Dreams (3:58)
5. Orange Street Blues (5:01)
6. Dance of Love (4:36)

- John Perry / bass
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Derek Damain / backing vocals
- Norma Tager / lyrics

1975 - BTM Records (LP) / 1995 - Repertoire Records (CD) Barcode: 4009910449929 . Cat. Nr. REP 4499-WY

CURVED AIR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURVED AIR Midnight Wire Music

Second AlbumSecond Album
Wea Int'l 2008
Best of Curved AirBest of Curved Air
Repertoire 2008
North StarNorth Star
Imports 2014
AirWaves - Live At The BBC Remastered / Live At The Paris TheatreAirWaves - Live At The BBC Remastered / Live At The Paris Theatre
Cleopatra 2012
Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2006
Alive 1990Alive 1990
Import [Generic] 2000
CURVED AIR PHANTASMAGORIZ LP WHITE LABEL PROMO SHRINK NMINT plus PROMO INSERT US $16.99 Buy It Now 33m 42s
CURVED AIR - PHANTASMAGORIA [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $9.59 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Curved Air Lovechild Cassette Brand New Sealed british rock US $8.95 Buy It Now 4h 12m
CURVED AIR - AIR CUT - WARNER BROS RECORDS LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 17m
1972 Curved Air LP " Phantasmagoria " orig. New Zealand Warner Brothers pressing US $13.20 Buy It Now 5h 17m
CURVED AIR Phantasmagoria LP 1972 Warner Bros. VG+ promo US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h
JAPAN MINI LP CD CURVED AIR PHANTASMAGORIA US $44.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
CURVED AIR - "Live" LP 1975 1st US PROMO PRESS - BTM 5001 -- RARE!! US $19.88 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Curved Air JAPAN 3 titles Mini LP CD SS + PROMO Airconditioning BOX SET US $114.99 Buy It Now 11h 5m
Curved Air - Live CD US $16.81 Buy It Now 12h 51m
Curved Air(Vinyl LP 1st Issue)The Best Of-Warner-K 36015-UK-NM/NM US $24.11 Buy It Now 14h 30m
CURVED AIR - Air Cut LP Miniature CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $21.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Curved Air - Air Conditioning 2012 (NEW CD) US $12.45 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Curved Air - Air Conditioning (Replica (NEW CD) US $14.86 Buy It Now 17h 37m
TERRY RILEY - RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR / POPPY NOGOOD NEW CD US $12.39 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Darryl Way's Wolf:2 CD+Canis Lupus Promo Box Japan Mini-LP New (curved air Z US $145.00 Buy It Now 18h 11m
CURVED AIR - AIR CONDITIONING - CCM01482 US $87.16 Buy It Now 18h 51m
CURVED AIR ~ LIVE ** 1975 UK 1st DERAM LP US $1.99 [2 bids]
Curved Air Poster 1971 US $8.85 [0 bids]
PIANO ONE EDDIE JOBSON JOACHIM KUHN ERIC WATSON 1985 LP EX US PROG UK CURVED AIR US $4.99 [0 bids]
Jethro Tull on Magazine Cover King Crimson Soft Machine Curved Air Henry Cow US $12.06 Buy It Now 21h 45m
TERRY RILEY A Rainbow In Curved Air 1969 Vinyl LP NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
VG++ Air Conditioning Curved Air WB WS 1903 Green Label LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 40m
CURVED AIR "PHANTASMAGORIA" ALBUM & TOUR DATES ADVERT 15X12" US $19.30 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR "Best Of" LP 1976 Warner Bros UK K 36015 Progr Rock NM Vinyl US $10.50 Buy It Now 1 day
1975 - CURVED AIR & CLIMAX BLUES BAND - UK Tour Dates - Press Advert Poster Size US $14.46 Buy It Now 1 day
1975 - CURVED AIR - Midnight Wire - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.46 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR-Air Conditioning CD Very Good US $7.20 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR Second Album CD NEW US $9.57 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR Live LP 7 Track Red/white Label Design Matrix 1w/1w (sml1119) UK Dera US $20.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - SUPER RARE - DELETED Nude Sleeve + Hebrew Israeli Israel Made LP US $1,199.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TERRY RILEY A Rainbow In Curved Air LP 2 Track/sides Solid Orange Label Stereo M US $45.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air/Airconditioning (West Germany) PSYCH/PROG US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR-LIVE AT THE BBC-UK CD 1995-MINT US $11.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air / Vivaldi /1971 Warner Bros 7" single / EX+ US $11.24 Buy It Now 1 day
BUXTON POP FESTIVAL ADVERT 15X7" STEPPENWOLF, CURVED AIR US $11.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air / Phantasmagoria / LP / Signed US $6.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air-Second Album UK prog psych cd US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR LIVE UK STEREO FIRST PRESSING 1W/1W DERAM PROG PSYCH ROCK US $22.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR Live CD & DVD Set ATMOSPHERE Concert Performance Show - QJ G13 US $8.35 [2 bids]
CURVED AIR- Air Conditioning - Vinyl LP 1970 US $6.42 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR Curved Air Live GP-146 LP Ah5177 US $7.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR "NM WAX" Curved Air Live GP-146 OBI LP Ah7068 US $7.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR " BACK STREET LUV " Or.UK DERAM EX+ COND.IN Or. SL. US $3.14 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO WHITE LABEL CURVED AIR JAPAN OBI LIVE US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - PHANTASMAGORIA - MINT - CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Live 1975 LP vinyl record BTM Prog Psych Promo Sonja Kristina US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - LIVE [CURVED AIR] [CD] [1 DISC] [5013929716728] - NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Airborne Germany CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Air Conditioning CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR"THE BEST OF"UK LP ORIG;EX COND;76;FEM VOCALS US $16.08 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR-AIR CUT-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI iii US $69.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR-PHANTASMAGORIA-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI iii US $74.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria RARE DIFFERENT Mispressed ! Israeli Israel 1972 LP US $52.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air / Live / Darryl Way / Sonja Kristina / Monkman / UK 1st LP / EX+ US $24.11 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR BACK STREET LOVE warner bros 71 uk 45 US $3.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Airwaves: Live at the BBC by Curved Air CD Nov-2012 Cleopatra Stewart Copeland US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Air Cut K46224 LP AH0249 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Darryl Way-Concerto for Electric Violin UK Island prog lp Curved Air solo US $4.99 [0 bids]
Terry Riley - A Rainbow In Curved Air 1971 UK LP CBS US $9.63 [1 bids]
CURVED AIR, Air Cut (UK) LP US $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - LIVE NEW CD US $19.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Live (Live Recording, 2002) US $9.63 Buy It Now 2 days
TERRY RILEY-A RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR-CBS Masterworks MS 7315 Near Mint US $9.50 [0 bids]
DARRYL WAY'S WOLF Canis Lupus RARE JAPANESE IMP Darryl Way CURVED AIR US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR AIRBORNE BTM UK 1976 orig lp sonja kristina terry riley prog psych US $29.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Stretch - Why Did You Do It? 5" cd ep 1985 Elmer Gantry Velvet Opera Curved Air US $29.90 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR-LIVE LP Printed in Korea US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR Air Conditioning JAPAN CD PROMO WPCR-12548 OBI / Special Package US $31.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Midnight Wire [CD New] US $12.78 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Airconditioning CD US $14.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air single from 1971, "Back Street Luv", Warner Bros K 16092 US $2.41 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Live [CD New] US $12.67 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - North Star (NEW CD) US $19.68 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR - BACK STREET LUV 7" 71 VG US $1.58 [0 bids]
Airconditioning~"Curved Air"~lp vinyl record Warner Brothers Records WS 1903 US $55.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Airconditioning~"Curved Air"~lp record Warner Brothers Records WS 1903 Sealed US $50.00 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Second Album US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR-LOVECHILD-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR "BABY PLEASE DON'T GO c/w BROKEN LADY" CLASSIC ROCK SOUND LISTEN! US $11.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Sky-Self Titled-1979 Ariola Records-Prog Rock-Francis Monkman,Curved Air-EX Cond US $5.99 [0 bids]
Vintage vinyl Phantasmagoria by Curved Air 1972 hookah experimental synth LP US $40.00 [0 bids]
Eternal vows / No way back / Curved air 12" 12inch vinyl record single 9e US $10.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Epilogue Featuring members of Yes, Dream Theater, Gong, Curved Air, Porcupine Tr US $15.80 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR -Second Album -original U.S. prog/psych LP -Warner Bros GATEFOLD US $10.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR -Air Cut -original Germany LP -Warner Bros -UK prog/hard rock- US $10.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR Phantasmagoria original 1972 U.K. prog lp WB US $6.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR Live original 1975 U.K. prog lp Deram US $21.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR Best Of LP Warner Bros UK '76 nm k36015 rare prog rock WOW!! US $34.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria CD Warner Japan Release 1972 album 9-tracks prog US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR 'THE BEST OF CURVED AIR' UK LP US $14.46 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR 'CURVED AIR LIVE' UK LP US $12.85 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - LIVE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $18.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air Air Conditioning LP US $40.21 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR ON TOUR MIDNIGHT WIRE ADVERT 8 NOV 1975 FULL PAGE US $16.07 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - The Best of Curved Air. LP. 1976. VG+ US $7.96 [0 bids]
Curved Air-Air Cut Wire UK prog cd US $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
STRETCH Elastique Original UK LP - Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera Curved Air Prog US $19.30 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria (Mini Lp Sleeve) [CD New] US $44.26 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy CURVED AIR music online Buy CURVED AIR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CURVED AIR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire ratings distribution

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
2 stars My first encounter with this album was in the LP (vinyl) era, early '80's. At the time the only way of finding out about new progressive music, new to me anyway, was browsing at record stores or word of mouth. I had already picked up the first two albums and maybe Phantasmagoria at the time and liked them a lot. As far as I knew, those were the only albums in the discography. I get this one home and what a major disappointment!

The only track I really cared for, and still the best one on here, was the instrumental Pipe of Dreams. As was my habit at the time, I'd record LPs I liked to 90-minute cassettes. If there was any space left over on a side, I'd add a filler track from an album I didn't want to waste a whole cassette side for. So that was the fate of this album in my collection for a quite a while.

Come 2002, I had started to convert some of my LPs to CD, stuff that hadn't been released on CD yet and didn't seem likely to. Usually when I do this, particularly if I go to the trouble to scan in the album cover art and make my own CD booklet, the thing gets released and I have to buy it, arrgh! So, I was making a copy of Air Cut and I gave Midnight Wire another spin to select tracks to fill up my CD. Turned out that to my current tastes this album wasn't quite as bad as when I first heard it.

Still, if you're going to explore Curved Air, put this one at the bottom of your list. I recently got an official copy, it was released in '95. Air Cut was just re-released last year (2006) and is much, much better.

Woman on a One Night Stand is utterly unimpressive. I do like Day Breaks My Heart's jazzy style, not something you'll not hear much from CA. The title track, Midnight Wire, isn't too bad either. The rest of the songs here are pretty good as pop tunes, but rather poor as prog.

Personnel wise, this album is interesting for having Stewart Copeland on drums, pre Police. Also, Darryl Way is back after his one album hiatus (Air Cut).

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#119541) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I was really surprised with the low ratings this album got. I had Midnight Wire at the time it was released and I remember liking it very much. Sure, it was not as good as the first four, but still they were able to deliver a more than average work. In fact I believe some people here were mistaken to label this Lp as commercial pop rock. It is not. it's softer than all previous ones, but still too sophisticated and progressive enough to prevent that (and, besides, it did not sell well).

Darryl Way was back on fold, but unfortunatly Francis Monkman didn't and his presence is sorely missing. The songs selection was not their best either, with some fine moments on the title track and the instrumental Pipe Of Drems. There are no real bad tunes, but neither are too memorable ones. For the second time around the band had changed their style dramatically and I guess their fans did fogave them for that (the previous album, Air Cut was also badly received for the change of style).

Still I have a soft spot for this CD. It is different, not so much progressive (like the three first), nor hard rocking (like Air Cut), but still delivering some fine light stuff. Besides, Kristina voice is wonderful and the musicians are skilled (including a young, pre Police, Stewart Copeland). So I think it is savory, but not for everyone. My personal rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album is obviously the weakest effort of the band so far. I wouldn't necessarily say that this album sound pop; it is just weak.

Song writing is below average, melodies are absent, songs sounds flat and uninspired. Darryl is more than ever on the command and Sonja has apparently recovered from her ''vocal disease'' which was noticeable on their live album.

The global mood is more bluesy (''Orange Street Blues'') or even soulish (''Dance Of Love''), needless to say that none of these genre is able to attract my attention. This album is not a good one to be honest. Some pleasant violin play is probably the best you can expect out of this work, but we are far from the brilliance of the early days of course (''Vivaldi'').

Needless to say that this album is not an essential one. The band released better works in their early days, although I was never thrilled: good music but not great music. With this ''Midnight Wire'', they just went one step below. Not one single good song available. And the attraction of Steward Copeland on percussions in really not enough to make this album interesting.

Two stars: weak to poor.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#192576) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by b_olariu
2 stars 2.5 really

With this album from 1975 named Midnight wire Curved Air lost identity, this release is mediocre, but at least has some ok moments here and there. Sonya voice is ok, but in some parts is irritating like on opening track, a totaly forgetable track for sure. Copeland on drums appears here, later on The Police or Oysterhead among others. The best pieces of the album is an instrumental one named Pipe of dreams, is a nice little tune , very atmospheric with violin making some good moves. The rest of the tracks are forgetable and uninspired at best, this release sounds kinda far from what they had on first 2-3 albums, is mainly comercial with not many prog arrangements. I was never a fan of this band, I like some of their albums but nothing special to my ears.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#862637) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 stars I really didn't know what to expect when I bought this album. The only song I had ever heard of their's was Vivaldi and I loved it. Fortunately, it was a good investment. This has become one of my favorite albums to listen to. I don't really like the first track though. I don't know, I ju ... (read more)

Report this review (#66158) | Posted by jalas | Sunday, January 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sonja Kristina is really a bad singer, and her voice sounds irritating. In this record her presence breaks the band that sounds better than the other albuns. Well, i really donīt like this band and pass ahead this record in a trade store. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28120) | Posted by | Thursday, April 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Average album. Sonja Kristina's appeal to the male audience always overshadowed her vocal shortcomings. I still remember the blue hot pants from the gig at Bournemouth Winter Gardens in the late 70's! Pipe of Dreams is a nice instrumental, though. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28119) | Posted by | Friday, March 05, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CURVED AIR "Midnight Wire"