MIDNIGHT WIRE

Curved Air Midnight Wire album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy CURVED AIR Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Woman On a One Night Stand (5:06)
2. Day Breaks My Heart (4:38)
3. The Fool (4:27)
4. Pipe of Dreams (3:58)
5. Orange Street Blues (5:01)
6. Dance of Love (4:36)

- John Perry / bass
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Derek Damain / backing vocals
- Norma Tager / lyrics

1975 - BTM Records (LP) / 1995 - Repertoire Records (CD) Barcode: 4009910449929 . Cat. Nr. REP 4499-WY

CURVED AIR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURVED AIR Midnight Wire Music

Live AtmosphereLive Atmosphere
Ais 2012
Curved Air - Live CD US $13.54 Buy It Now 36m 43s
CURVED AIR Airborne CD (Near Mint) US $12.63 Buy It Now 40m 25s
CURVED AIR Jim Russell Interview Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1973 US $19.48 Buy It Now 1h 9m
CURVED AIR Aircut Music Press poster size Advert/Cutting 1973 vintage clipping US $19.48 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Curved Air - Phantasmagoria CD US $12.63 Buy It Now 2h
CURVED AIR LIVE LP 1975 RED DERAM AND WHITE LABEL(LIGHT WEAR ON COVER) UK US $27.60 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Curved Air - Live Atmosphere (NEW CD+DVD) US $23.93 Buy It Now 4h 50m
CURVED AIR CLIMAX BLUES BAND Poster size LP & Tour advert 1975 Cutting/Clipping US $19.48 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Curved Air - Love Child [CD New] US $14.27 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Curved Air - Live Atmosphere [CD New] US $22.27 Buy It Now 7h 12m
CURVED AIR Air Conditioning Picture Disc UK lp US $89.99 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Curved Air - Live 1999 (NEW CD) US $13.38 Buy It Now 7h 39m
CURVED AIR Airconditioning ORIGINAL UK PICTURE DISC NEAR MINT US $13.50 [3 bids]
Curved Air - Airborne 1999 (NEW CD) US $13.38 Buy It Now 7h 57m
CURVED AIR air cut GATEFOLD LP - UK A1 B1 / CLASSIC ROCK / PROG US $1.69 [2 bids]
10h
CURVED AIR-SECOND ALBUM. 8TRK CD ALBUM US $6.48 Buy It Now 21h 40m
CURVED AIR-AIR CONDITIONING. 10TRK CD ALBUM US $6.48 Buy It Now 21h 40m
Curved Air - Live Atmosphere Bonus DVD CD US $35.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Airconditioning~"Curved Air"~lp vinyl record Warner Brothers Records WS 1903 US $55.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Air Conditioning 2000 (NEW CD) US $23.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Midnight Wire - Curved Air - (NEW CD) US $13.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Air Conditioning (Encore Series) (NEW CD) US $9.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Air Cut (NEW DIGIPAK CD) US $15.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - 2Nd Album (Encore Series) (NEW CD) US $9.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air/Live/1975 Deram LP/EX- US $21.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air LP - 2nd Album US $0.99 [1 bids]
TERRY RILEY RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR LP UK CBS PRESS A1 B1 US $8.93 [2 bids]
Curved Air - North Star ( CD 2014) US $5.20 [3 bids]
? Curved Air - Air Conditioning (1 of the first Pic Discs!) (UK) (Darryl Way) US $74.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Second Album by Curved Air LP Record 33 RPM 1971 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air-Curved Air - Live Atmosphere +7 Inch ... NEW US $28.54 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - LOVECHILD NEW CD US $23.82 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - SECOND ALBUM NEW CD US $16.42 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - LIVE ATMOSPHERE - BONUS DVD NEW CD US $41.58 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR AIRCONDITIONING LP 12" RECORD US $16.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air Air Conditioning WS 1903 LP US $9.00 [0 bids]
curved air phantasmagoria cd sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR-AIR CUT-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL US $67.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR-CURVED AIR LIVE-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI US $67.99 Buy It Now 1 day
curved air-wb-with sticker and lyric sheet-phantasmagoria US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
curved air-btm records-live US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
curved air - back street luv - 7" vinyl single US $12.97 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - Phantasmagoria ~ VINYL LP + INSERT US $45.44 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - AIR CUT [CURVED AIR] - NEW CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Second Album Die cut gatefold K 46092 US US $10.00 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Live CD new U.K. US $15.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air 1972 Agency Press Release Sheet US $19.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Epilogue Featuring members of Yes, Dream Theater, Gong, Curved Air, Porcupine Tr US $15.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Fruity LP 1972 UK Vinyl Ex/Ex Curved Air Van Morrison Alice Cooper Fleetwood Mac US $33.95 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR - AIRCONDITIONING 1970 LP ORIG US NM PROG Sonja Kristina US $9.99 [0 bids]
SKY+Francis Monkman(Curved Air) debut on Ariola Records US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR, LIVE VINYL LP, 1975 BTM 5001, SHIPS U.S. FREE! US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Air Cut US $7.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR-LOVECHILD-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR "Second Album" LP - Warner Bros. 1971 - White Label Promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR second album LP Mint- WS 1951 Vinyl 1971 Palm Tree Lable US $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR second album LP VG+ WS 1951 Vinyl 1971 1st Press USA Green Label US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
1980 Import 45 Sonja Kristina St. Tropez / Mr. Skin Chopper CHOP 101 Curved Air US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1F WB PROMO CURVED AIR BACK STREEY LUV EVERDANCE MONKMAN GARAGE PSYCHO FUNK US $19.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Second Album CD REPER US $21.18 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR IT HAPPENED TODAY warner bros 71 45 nr MINT US $11.35 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved air-1976 magazine advert US $8.10 Buy It Now 4 days
PROMO WHITE LABEL / CURVED AIR LIVE / 1975 US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Second Album 2008 [CD New] US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - Live Atmosphere LP + 7" New SEALED 2014 RSD US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR LP, Air Cut (WARNER-BROTHERS UK Issue EX/EX) US $25.81 Buy It Now 4 days
Flower Travellin' Band Curved Air Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Japan Promo Only US $9.99 [0 bids]
King Crimson Curved Air Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Japan Promo Only US $9.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR: Best Of Curved Air LP (UK, 'Jem' import stoc, disc like new!) Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SECOND ALBUM Curved Air 1971 Classic Album on New Prog Rock 2008 CD Collectable US $6.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air It Happened Today British Prog Promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
V/A LET IT ROCK FOR RELEASE CURVED AIR ZAPPA ZEPPLIN YES FAMILY PROMO GERMANY LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Airconditioning~"Curved Air"~lp vinyl record Warner Brothers Records WS 1903 US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Japan 1975 NM LP+Obi CURVED AIR LIVE US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Japan 1973 NM LP AIR CUT US $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Second Album [CD New] US $12.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Vintage vinyl Phantasmagoria by Curved Air 1972 hookah experimental synth LP US $45.00 [0 bids]
South Africa 45 Curved Air ^ Back Street Luv ^ Everdance ^ Cosmic Psych US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PIANO ONE EDDIE JOBSON JOACHIM KUHN ERIC WATSON 1985 LP EX US PROG UK CURVED AIR US $5.99 [0 bids]
TERRY RILEY - A Rainbow In Curved Air - Original MS 7315 LP in cellophane EX US $20.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - SECOND ALBUM NEW CD US $24.94 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - SECOND ALBUM NEW CD US $17.90 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR-Airconditioning-LP-1970 Warner Bros Australian issue-WS 1903 US $43.30 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Second Album CD WARNER US $15.79 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Midnight Wire CD (Near Mint) US $13.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air,Second Album,LP US $17.03 Buy It Now 5 days
[LP] Curved Air,The Best Of (Warner Bros) {NM} UK 1976 US $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of Curved Air: Retrospective Anthology 1970-2009 * by Curved Air... US $18.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Love Child by Curved Air (CD, May-2011, Repertoire) US $15.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Live by Curved Air (CD, Jun-1997, Repertoire) US $14.47 Buy It Now 5 days
Second Album [Digipak] by Curved Air (CD, May-2011, Repertoire) US $15.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Phantasmagoria [Digipak] by Curved Air (CD, May-2011, Repertoire) US $15.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Air Conditioning by Curved Air (CD, May-2011, Repertoire) US $15.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Midnight Wire [Digipak] by Curved Air (CD, May-2011, Repertoire) US $15.91 Buy It Now 5 days
FRANCIS MONKMAN (Curved Air) Germany KRAUTROCK ELECTRONIC prog synth symphonic US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
TERRY RILEY.A RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR. US $6.48 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Air Conditioning - Stunning Prog debut - CD in Ex condition US $8.10 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - CURVED AIR LIVE (DERAM 820522-2) CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
CURVED AIR - LIVE ATMOSPHERE [BONUS DVD] - NEW CD US $19.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air: Air Conditioning, RARE 1970 Pic Disc warner bros. US $11.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy CURVED AIR music online Buy CURVED AIR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CURVED AIR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire ratings distribution

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
2 stars My first encounter with this album was in the LP (vinyl) era, early '80's. At the time the only way of finding out about new progressive music, new to me anyway, was browsing at record stores or word of mouth. I had already picked up the first two albums and maybe Phantasmagoria at the time and liked them a lot. As far as I knew, those were the only albums in the discography. I get this one home and what a major disappointment!

The only track I really cared for, and still the best one on here, was the instrumental Pipe of Dreams. As was my habit at the time, I'd record LPs I liked to 90-minute cassettes. If there was any space left over on a side, I'd add a filler track from an album I didn't want to waste a whole cassette side for. So that was the fate of this album in my collection for a quite a while.

Come 2002, I had started to convert some of my LPs to CD, stuff that hadn't been released on CD yet and didn't seem likely to. Usually when I do this, particularly if I go to the trouble to scan in the album cover art and make my own CD booklet, the thing gets released and I have to buy it, arrgh! So, I was making a copy of Air Cut and I gave Midnight Wire another spin to select tracks to fill up my CD. Turned out that to my current tastes this album wasn't quite as bad as when I first heard it.

Still, if you're going to explore Curved Air, put this one at the bottom of your list. I recently got an official copy, it was released in '95. Air Cut was just re-released last year (2006) and is much, much better.

Woman on a One Night Stand is utterly unimpressive. I do like Day Breaks My Heart's jazzy style, not something you'll not hear much from CA. The title track, Midnight Wire, isn't too bad either. The rest of the songs here are pretty good as pop tunes, but rather poor as prog.

Personnel wise, this album is interesting for having Stewart Copeland on drums, pre Police. Also, Darryl Way is back after his one album hiatus (Air Cut).

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#119541) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I was really surprised with the low ratings this album got. I had Midnight Wire at the time it was released and I remember liking it very much. Sure, it was not as good as the first four, but still they were able to deliver a more than average work. In fact I believe some people here were mistaken to label this Lp as commercial pop rock. It is not. it's softer than all previous ones, but still too sophisticated and progressive enough to prevent that (and, besides, it did not sell well).

Darryl Way was back on fold, but unfortunatly Francis Monkman didn't and his presence is sorely missing. The songs selection was not their best either, with some fine moments on the title track and the instrumental Pipe Of Drems. There are no real bad tunes, but neither are too memorable ones. For the second time around the band had changed their style dramatically and I guess their fans did fogave them for that (the previous album, Air Cut was also badly received for the change of style).

Still I have a soft spot for this CD. It is different, not so much progressive (like the three first), nor hard rocking (like Air Cut), but still delivering some fine light stuff. Besides, Kristina voice is wonderful and the musicians are skilled (including a young, pre Police, Stewart Copeland). So I think it is savory, but not for everyone. My personal rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album is obviously the weakest effort of the band so far. I wouldn't necessarily say that this album sound pop; it is just weak.

Song writing is below average, melodies are absent, songs sounds flat and uninspired. Darryl is more than ever on the command and Sonja has apparently recovered from her ''vocal disease'' which was noticeable on their live album.

The global mood is more bluesy (''Orange Street Blues'') or even soulish (''Dance Of Love''), needless to say that none of these genre is able to attract my attention. This album is not a good one to be honest. Some pleasant violin play is probably the best you can expect out of this work, but we are far from the brilliance of the early days of course (''Vivaldi'').

Needless to say that this album is not an essential one. The band released better works in their early days, although I was never thrilled: good music but not great music. With this ''Midnight Wire'', they just went one step below. Not one single good song available. And the attraction of Steward Copeland on percussions in really not enough to make this album interesting.

Two stars: weak to poor.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#192576) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by b_olariu
2 stars 2.5 really

With this album from 1975 named Midnight wire Curved Air lost identity, this release is mediocre, but at least has some ok moments here and there. Sonya voice is ok, but in some parts is irritating like on opening track, a totaly forgetable track for sure. Copeland on drums appears here, later on The Police or Oysterhead among others. The best pieces of the album is an instrumental one named Pipe of dreams, is a nice little tune , very atmospheric with violin making some good moves. The rest of the tracks are forgetable and uninspired at best, this release sounds kinda far from what they had on first 2-3 albums, is mainly comercial with not many prog arrangements. I was never a fan of this band, I like some of their albums but nothing special to my ears.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#862637) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 stars I really didn't know what to expect when I bought this album. The only song I had ever heard of their's was Vivaldi and I loved it. Fortunately, it was a good investment. This has become one of my favorite albums to listen to. I don't really like the first track though. I don't know, I ju ... (read more)

Report this review (#66158) | Posted by jalas | Sunday, January 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sonja Kristina is really a bad singer, and her voice sounds irritating. In this record her presence breaks the band that sounds better than the other albuns. Well, i really don´t like this band and pass ahead this record in a trade store. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28120) | Posted by | Thursday, April 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Average album. Sonja Kristina's appeal to the male audience always overshadowed her vocal shortcomings. I still remember the blue hot pants from the gig at Bournemouth Winter Gardens in the late 70's! Pipe of Dreams is a nice instrumental, though. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28119) | Posted by | Friday, March 05, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CURVED AIR "Midnight Wire"