MIDNIGHT WIRE

Curved Air Midnight Wire album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy CURVED AIR Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Woman On a One Night Stand (5:06)
2. Day Breaks My Heart (4:38)
3. The Fool (4:27)
4. Pipe of Dreams (3:58)
5. Orange Street Blues (5:01)
6. Dance of Love (4:36)

- John Perry / bass
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Derek Damain / backing vocals
- Norma Tager / lyrics

1975 - BTM Records (LP) / 1995 - Repertoire Records (CD) Barcode: 4009910449929 . Cat. Nr. REP 4499-WY

CURVED AIR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURVED AIR Midnight Wire Music

Midnight WireMidnight Wire
Repertoire 1999
Midnight Wire by Curved Air [Music CD]Midnight Wire by Curved Air [Music CD]
Repertoire
Curved Air - Midnight Wire [CD New] USD $11.91 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR ON TOUR MIDNIGHT WIRE ADVERT 8 NOV 1975 FULL PAGE USD $15.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air-Midnight Wire UK prog cd USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR - MIDNIGHT WIRE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD USD $8.93 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - MIDNIGHT WIRE NEW CD USD $19.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Poster Size Advert 15x12 Curved Air : Midnight Wire Album USD $18.87 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air - Midnight Wire [CD New] USD $12.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Midnight Wire - Curved Air (2003, CD New) USD $10.91 Buy It Now 6 days
Curved Air/ Midnight Wire/ BTM/ 1975/ UK Pressing/ Prog/ NM- USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Curved Air - Midnight Wire CD 4009910523926 USD $21.09 Buy It Now 9 days
CURVED AIR - MIDNIGHT WIRE - NEW CD USD $9.74 Buy It Now 9 days
CURVED AIR Midnight Wire. Repertoire CD, Sonja Kristina USD $12.49 Buy It Now 10 days
CURVED AIR Midnight Wire. Repertoire mini-LP sleeve CD, Sonja Kristina USD $17.29 Buy It Now 10 days
Curved Air - Midnight Wire CD 4009910449929 USD $18.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Curved Air Midnight Wire inc Orange Street Blues & The Fool + BTM1005 LP USD $9.44 Buy It Now 10 days
CURVED AIR Midnight Wire BTM UK Original LP  USD $22.02 Buy It Now 11 days
Curved Air - Midnight Wire - REP5239 USD $12.09 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW Midnight Wire [digipak] by Curved Air CD (CD) USD $14.32 Buy It Now 13 days
Midnight Wire by Curved Air (CD, Apr-1997, Repertoire) USD $9.96 Buy It Now 14 days
Midnight Wire - Air Curved New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $21.88 Buy It Now 14 days
CURVED AIR 1975 UK ALBUM ADVERT FOR "MIDNIGHT WIRE" USD $20.36 Buy It Now 15 days
CURVED AIR / Midnight Wire JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI ARC-7156 USD $44.50 Buy It Now 19 days
Midnight Wire - Curved Air - (NEW CD) USD $12.17 Buy It Now 19 days
CURVED AIR - MIDNIGHT WIRE NEW CD USD $22.52 Buy It Now 20 days
CURVED AIR-Midnight Wire JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI Pink Floyd Illusion Renaissance USD $49.99 Buy It Now 21 days
CURVED AIR-Midnight Wire - Curved Air CD NEW USD $11.49 Buy It Now 22 days
CURVED AIR-Midnight Wire (Replica Gat CD NEW USD $11.49 Buy It Now 22 days
CURVED AIR Midnight Wire CD (Near Mint) USD $12.80 Buy It Now 23 days
CURVED AIR MIDNIGHT WIRE JAPAN USD $19.99 Buy It Now 24 days
CURVED AIR MIDNIGHT WIRE btm 75 A-1E B-2E lp EX USD $28.29 Buy It Now 24 days
Midnight Wire - Air Curved New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $24.69 Buy It Now 24 days
CURVED AIR- MIDNIGHT WIRE RARE BTM LP EX USD $12.56 Buy It Now 27 days
Curved Air - Midnight Wire (NEW CD) USD $12.17 Buy It Now 27 days
1975 - CURVED AIR - Midnight Wire - Press Advertisment - Poster Size USD $14.14 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy CURVED AIR music online Buy CURVED AIR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CURVED AIR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire ratings distribution

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
2 stars My first encounter with this album was in the LP (vinyl) era, early '80's. At the time the only way of finding out about new progressive music, new to me anyway, was browsing at record stores or word of mouth. I had already picked up the first two albums and maybe Phantasmagoria at the time and liked them a lot. As far as I knew, those were the only albums in the discography. I get this one home and what a major disappointment!

The only track I really cared for, and still the best one on here, was the instrumental Pipe of Dreams. As was my habit at the time, I'd record LPs I liked to 90-minute cassettes. If there was any space left over on a side, I'd add a filler track from an album I didn't want to waste a whole cassette side for. So that was the fate of this album in my collection for a quite a while.

Come 2002, I had started to convert some of my LPs to CD, stuff that hadn't been released on CD yet and didn't seem likely to. Usually when I do this, particularly if I go to the trouble to scan in the album cover art and make my own CD booklet, the thing gets released and I have to buy it, arrgh! So, I was making a copy of Air Cut and I gave Midnight Wire another spin to select tracks to fill up my CD. Turned out that to my current tastes this album wasn't quite as bad as when I first heard it.

Still, if you're going to explore Curved Air, put this one at the bottom of your list. I recently got an official copy, it was released in '95. Air Cut was just re-released last year (2006) and is much, much better.

Woman on a One Night Stand is utterly unimpressive. I do like Day Breaks My Heart's jazzy style, not something you'll not hear much from CA. The title track, Midnight Wire, isn't too bad either. The rest of the songs here are pretty good as pop tunes, but rather poor as prog.

Personnel wise, this album is interesting for having Stewart Copeland on drums, pre Police. Also, Darryl Way is back after his one album hiatus (Air Cut).

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#119541) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I was really surprised with the low ratings this album got. I had Midnight Wire at the time it was released and I remember liking it very much. Sure, it was not as good as the first four, but still they were able to deliver a more than average work. In fact I believe some people here were mistaken to label this Lp as commercial pop rock. It is not. it's softer than all previous ones, but still too sophisticated and progressive enough to prevent that (and, besides, it did not sell well).

Darryl Way was back on fold, but unfortunatly Francis Monkman didn't and his presence is sorely missing. The songs selection was not their best either, with some fine moments on the title track and the instrumental Pipe Of Drems. There are no real bad tunes, but neither are too memorable ones. For the second time around the band had changed their style dramatically and I guess their fans did fogave them for that (the previous album, Air Cut was also badly received for the change of style).

Still I have a soft spot for this CD. It is different, not so much progressive (like the three first), nor hard rocking (like Air Cut), but still delivering some fine light stuff. Besides, Kristina voice is wonderful and the musicians are skilled (including a young, pre Police, Stewart Copeland). So I think it is savory, but not for everyone. My personal rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album is obviously the weakest effort of the band so far. I wouldn't necessarily say that this album sound pop; it is just weak.

Song writing is below average, melodies are absent, songs sounds flat and uninspired. Darryl is more than ever on the command and Sonja has apparently recovered from her ''vocal disease'' which was noticeable on their live album.

The global mood is more bluesy (''Orange Street Blues'') or even soulish (''Dance Of Love''), needless to say that none of these genre is able to attract my attention. This album is not a good one to be honest. Some pleasant violin play is probably the best you can expect out of this work, but we are far from the brilliance of the early days of course (''Vivaldi'').

Needless to say that this album is not an essential one. The band released better works in their early days, although I was never thrilled: good music but not great music. With this ''Midnight Wire'', they just went one step below. Not one single good song available. And the attraction of Steward Copeland on percussions in really not enough to make this album interesting.

Two stars: weak to poor.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#192576) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by b_olariu
2 stars 2.5 really

With this album from 1975 named Midnight wire Curved Air lost identity, this release is mediocre, but at least has some ok moments here and there. Sonya voice is ok, but in some parts is irritating like on opening track, a totaly forgetable track for sure. Copeland on drums appears here, later on The Police or Oysterhead among others. The best pieces of the album is an instrumental one named Pipe of dreams, is a nice little tune , very atmospheric with violin making some good moves. The rest of the tracks are forgetable and uninspired at best, this release sounds kinda far from what they had on first 2-3 albums, is mainly comercial with not many prog arrangements. I was never a fan of this band, I like some of their albums but nothing special to my ears.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#862637) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 stars I really didn't know what to expect when I bought this album. The only song I had ever heard of their's was Vivaldi and I loved it. Fortunately, it was a good investment. This has become one of my favorite albums to listen to. I don't really like the first track though. I don't know, I ju ... (read more)

Report this review (#66158) | Posted by jalas | Sunday, January 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sonja Kristina is really a bad singer, and her voice sounds irritating. In this record her presence breaks the band that sounds better than the other albuns. Well, i really don´t like this band and pass ahead this record in a trade store. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28120) | Posted by | Thursday, April 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Average album. Sonja Kristina's appeal to the male audience always overshadowed her vocal shortcomings. I still remember the blue hot pants from the gig at Bournemouth Winter Gardens in the late 70's! Pipe of Dreams is a nice instrumental, though. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28119) | Posted by | Friday, March 05, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CURVED AIR "Midnight Wire"