MIDNIGHT WIRE

Curved Air Midnight Wire album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy CURVED AIR Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Woman On a One Night Stand (5:06)
2. Day Breaks My Heart (4:38)
3. The Fool (4:27)
4. Pipe of Dreams (3:58)
5. Orange Street Blues (5:01)
6. Dance of Love (4:36)

- John Perry / bass
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Derek Damain / backing vocals
- Norma Tager / lyrics

1975 - BTM Records (LP) / 1995 - Repertoire Records (CD) Barcode: 4009910449929 . Cat. Nr. REP 4499-WY

CURVED AIR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CURVED AIR Midnight Wire Music

CURVED AIR-AIRBORNE-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI rrr US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
CURVED AIR 'It Happened Today' 7" single / 3 tracks US $12.36 Buy It Now 7h 14m
TERRY RILEY (COMPOSE - A RAINBOW IN CURVED AIR - NEW CD US $14.26 Buy It Now 9h 48m
CURVED AIR MIDNIGHT WIRE JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 45m
CURVED AIR-PHANTASMAGORIA CD NEW US $17.36 Buy It Now 14h 29m
CURVED AIR-SECOND ALBUM CD NEW US $17.36 Buy It Now 14h 29m
CURVED AIR - NORTH STAR - CRVE002 US $17.67 Buy It Now 14h 52m
CURVED AIR-AIR CUT-JAPAN Ltd.Ed ISSUE MINI LP CD Gi50 US $42.99 Buy It Now 15h 26m
CURVED AIR MIDNIGHT WIRE btm 75 A-1E B-2E lp EX US $28.18 Buy It Now 15h 33m
CURVED AIR AIR CUT warner bros 73 A1 B1 uk 1st pr EX vinyl US $23.48 Buy It Now 15h 41m
CURVED AIR Best Of LP Warner Bros UK 1976 US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 54m
CURVED AIR: Air Cut LP (Canada, gatefold cover sl cw) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 50m
Curved Air: Air Cut LP Canada Warner Bros. WS 4507 Flipback sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h
Curved Air - Second Album (1996) cd US $3.92 [0 bids]
Curved Air-Phantasmagoria-Warner Bros 2628-WLP PROG US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Curved Air: Air Cut LP - Germany US $14.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR Air Cut Uk pressing lp US $15.99 Buy It Now 22h 26m
TERRY RILEY "A Rainbow Of Curved Air" CD 1988 VG US $0.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - Airborne BTM 1008 Kraut Rock UK 1976 M- Vinyl Stewart Copeland Prog US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR-Airborne CD NEW US $11.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Back Street Luv 7" Single 1971 US $12.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air Back Street Luv (Live) UK 1975 7" Deram Recs US $7.82 Buy It Now 1 day
BACK STREET LUV Curved Air 7'' Vinyl SINGLE Record 1971 WB 8029 US $4.68 [0 bids]
Curved Air-BTM-Live US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EX/EX !! Francis Monkman/Dweller On The Threshold/1981 Maya LP/Curved Air/Sky US $34.46 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVES & TIMES Waiting For The Parade - Prog Rock / Curved Air / All About Eve US $2.62 [2 bids]
Second Album by Curved Air LP Record 33 RPM 1971 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Back street luv - Curved Air - 1971 US $4.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Airborne [CD New] US $13.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air North Star CD US $17.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Stewart Copeland-The Rhythmatist CD, rare Original A&M release,Police curved air US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air : Live CD (2000) US $9.37 Buy It Now 1 day
CURVED AIR - North Star - gatefold 2xLP US $41.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Live (Live Recording, 2002) US $12.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Best of (Retrospective Anthology 1970-2009, 2010) US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
A Rainbow In Curved Air US $17.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Love Child (2011) US $12.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air - Midnight Wire (CD 2011) US $12.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air Promo Warner Brothers 45 It Happened Today US $9.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR "Second Album" LP - Warner Bros. 1971 - White Label Promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - AIRBORNE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $24.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Curved Air Phantasmagoria Promo White Japan US $88.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR BABY PLEASE DON'T GO PROG PROMO 1976 UK 7" US $119.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - AIR CONDITIONING LP US $10.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Mick Abrahams Jethro Tull Marc Ellington 1971 Programme US $24.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Skid Row Nick Pickett 1971 Programme US $31.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Skid Row Nick Pickett 1971 Programme US $24.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Status Quo Budgie Curved Air Hawkwind Strawbs Jackie Lynton 1976 Programme US $109.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air Tickets Rare US $39.16 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Phantasmagoria WARNER BROS LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR "Air Cut" RARE! OOP MINI LP 70's UK melodic prog symphonic psych US $9.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air - North Star NEW CD US $16.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Air Conditioning (encore Series) NEW CD US $6.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - Air Conditioning - Stunning Prog debut - CD in Ex condition US $7.82 [0 bids]
Curved Air - Air Conditioning (encore Series) NEW CD US $8.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - North Star NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air: Second Album ~ VG CD (Feb-2002, Collectors' Choice (USA) #CCM-159-2) US $11.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air, Air Conditioning, Orig UK Warner Bros WSX3012 LP, EX/V US $15.27 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR-AIR CONDITIONING ENCORE SERIES CD NEW US $9.02 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Live PROG PSYCHE ROCK LP 1975 US $20.35 [0 bids]
Curved Air Back Street Love and it Happened today vinyl 45 single US $3.12 [0 bids]
Curved Air ?Phantasmagoria LP Warner Bros K46158 1972 Original UK w/ Insert EX US $12.52 [0 bids]
Curved Air: Best Of Curved Air (NM/NM LP) US $14.02 [0 bids]
CAMEL the single factor JAPAN mini lp SHM CD PETER BARDENS GENESIS CURVED AIR SS US $27.49 [0 bids]
Curved Air Live on BTM Records VG+ Jacket VG+ US $12.84 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR Live LP 12" vinyl BTM 5001 pysch prog VG+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PIANO ONE EDDIE JOBSON JOACHIM KUHN ERIC WATSON 1985 LP EX US PROG UK CURVED AIR US $4.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air Live orig.1975 BTM 5001 US $7.00 [0 bids]
DARRYL WAY`S WOLF-Anthology JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI Japan Only Released Curved Air US $49.99 [0 bids]
PROG ROCK/ Curved Air - Phantasmagoria (LP) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR "NM WAX" Curved Air Live LAX-1039 LP Ah5599 US $4.99 [0 bids]
A Rainbow in Curved Air / Terry Riley by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley... US $0.99 [1 bids]
SOUNDS 1972 NOV 4 ELTON JOHN SLADE FACES CURVED AIR US $23.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air 7 It Happened Today /What Happens When You B US $7.49 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR - AIRCUT "SEALED" 8 TRACK TAPE US $17.63 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR Live LP 7 Track Red/white Label Design Matrix 1w/1w (sml1119) UK Dera US $18.55 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR Jim Russell Interview Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1973 US $15.67 Buy It Now 3 days
TERRY RILEY A Rainbow In Curved Air LP 2 Track/sides Solid Orange Label Stereo M US $42.30 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Live 2011 (NEW CD) US $12.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Midnight Wire (NEW CD) US $12.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air SECOND ALBUM Back Street Luv REPERTOIRE New Sealed CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CURVED AIR 7" SINGLE - BACK STREET LUV/EVERDANCE US $1.57 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR Air Conditioning P-4520W OBI LP Am1034 US $7.99 [1 bids]
Curved Air - Desiree / Kids Too Blame UK SBT 103 stock / Police Stewart Copeland US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Baby Please dont Go / Broken Lady stock / Police Stewart Copeland US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - Air Cut US $5.00 [0 bids]
STEWART COPELAND Orchestralli CD/DVD EU Digipak The Police Klark Kent Curved Air US $14.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air Second Album Gatefold LP WS 1951 US $10.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - AIR CUT - WARNER BROS RECORDS LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
1972 Curved Air LP " Phantasmagoria " orig. New Zealand Warner Brothers pressing US $12.94 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR Live original 1975 U.K. prog lp Deram US $19.99 [0 bids]
JAPAN MINI LP CD CURVED AIR PHANTASMAGORIA US $44.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - "Live" LP 1975 1st US PROMO PRESS - BTM 5001 -- RARE!! US $19.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Live CD US $17.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air(Vinyl LP 1st Issue)The Best Of-Warner-K 36015-UK-NM/NM US $23.48 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - Air Cut LP Miniature CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR North Star DOUBLE LP 14 Track Double On Blue Vinyl Released 27/10/14 US $45.10 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - BABY PLEASE DON'T GO 7" VINYL US $10.17 Buy It Now 4 days
CURVED AIR - BACK STREET LUV 7" DERAM VINYL US $7.03 Buy It Now 4 days
Curved Air - Air Conditioning 2012 (NEW CD) US $12.13 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy CURVED AIR music online Buy CURVED AIR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CURVED AIR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire ratings distribution

CURVED AIR Midnight Wire reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
2 stars My first encounter with this album was in the LP (vinyl) era, early '80's. At the time the only way of finding out about new progressive music, new to me anyway, was browsing at record stores or word of mouth. I had already picked up the first two albums and maybe Phantasmagoria at the time and liked them a lot. As far as I knew, those were the only albums in the discography. I get this one home and what a major disappointment!

The only track I really cared for, and still the best one on here, was the instrumental Pipe of Dreams. As was my habit at the time, I'd record LPs I liked to 90-minute cassettes. If there was any space left over on a side, I'd add a filler track from an album I didn't want to waste a whole cassette side for. So that was the fate of this album in my collection for a quite a while.

Come 2002, I had started to convert some of my LPs to CD, stuff that hadn't been released on CD yet and didn't seem likely to. Usually when I do this, particularly if I go to the trouble to scan in the album cover art and make my own CD booklet, the thing gets released and I have to buy it, arrgh! So, I was making a copy of Air Cut and I gave Midnight Wire another spin to select tracks to fill up my CD. Turned out that to my current tastes this album wasn't quite as bad as when I first heard it.

Still, if you're going to explore Curved Air, put this one at the bottom of your list. I recently got an official copy, it was released in '95. Air Cut was just re-released last year (2006) and is much, much better.

Woman on a One Night Stand is utterly unimpressive. I do like Day Breaks My Heart's jazzy style, not something you'll not hear much from CA. The title track, Midnight Wire, isn't too bad either. The rest of the songs here are pretty good as pop tunes, but rather poor as prog.

Personnel wise, this album is interesting for having Stewart Copeland on drums, pre Police. Also, Darryl Way is back after his one album hiatus (Air Cut).

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#119541) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I was really surprised with the low ratings this album got. I had Midnight Wire at the time it was released and I remember liking it very much. Sure, it was not as good as the first four, but still they were able to deliver a more than average work. In fact I believe some people here were mistaken to label this Lp as commercial pop rock. It is not. it's softer than all previous ones, but still too sophisticated and progressive enough to prevent that (and, besides, it did not sell well).

Darryl Way was back on fold, but unfortunatly Francis Monkman didn't and his presence is sorely missing. The songs selection was not their best either, with some fine moments on the title track and the instrumental Pipe Of Drems. There are no real bad tunes, but neither are too memorable ones. For the second time around the band had changed their style dramatically and I guess their fans did fogave them for that (the previous album, Air Cut was also badly received for the change of style).

Still I have a soft spot for this CD. It is different, not so much progressive (like the three first), nor hard rocking (like Air Cut), but still delivering some fine light stuff. Besides, Kristina voice is wonderful and the musicians are skilled (including a young, pre Police, Stewart Copeland). So I think it is savory, but not for everyone. My personal rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album is obviously the weakest effort of the band so far. I wouldn't necessarily say that this album sound pop; it is just weak.

Song writing is below average, melodies are absent, songs sounds flat and uninspired. Darryl is more than ever on the command and Sonja has apparently recovered from her ''vocal disease'' which was noticeable on their live album.

The global mood is more bluesy (''Orange Street Blues'') or even soulish (''Dance Of Love''), needless to say that none of these genre is able to attract my attention. This album is not a good one to be honest. Some pleasant violin play is probably the best you can expect out of this work, but we are far from the brilliance of the early days of course (''Vivaldi'').

Needless to say that this album is not an essential one. The band released better works in their early days, although I was never thrilled: good music but not great music. With this ''Midnight Wire'', they just went one step below. Not one single good song available. And the attraction of Steward Copeland on percussions in really not enough to make this album interesting.

Two stars: weak to poor.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#192576) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by b_olariu
2 stars 2.5 really

With this album from 1975 named Midnight wire Curved Air lost identity, this release is mediocre, but at least has some ok moments here and there. Sonya voice is ok, but in some parts is irritating like on opening track, a totaly forgetable track for sure. Copeland on drums appears here, later on The Police or Oysterhead among others. The best pieces of the album is an instrumental one named Pipe of dreams, is a nice little tune , very atmospheric with violin making some good moves. The rest of the tracks are forgetable and uninspired at best, this release sounds kinda far from what they had on first 2-3 albums, is mainly comercial with not many prog arrangements. I was never a fan of this band, I like some of their albums but nothing special to my ears.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#862637) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 stars I really didn't know what to expect when I bought this album. The only song I had ever heard of their's was Vivaldi and I loved it. Fortunately, it was a good investment. This has become one of my favorite albums to listen to. I don't really like the first track though. I don't know, I ju ... (read more)

Report this review (#66158) | Posted by jalas | Sunday, January 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sonja Kristina is really a bad singer, and her voice sounds irritating. In this record her presence breaks the band that sounds better than the other albuns. Well, i really donīt like this band and pass ahead this record in a trade store. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28120) | Posted by | Thursday, April 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Average album. Sonja Kristina's appeal to the male audience always overshadowed her vocal shortcomings. I still remember the blue hot pants from the gig at Bournemouth Winter Gardens in the late 70's! Pipe of Dreams is a nice instrumental, though. ... (read more)

Report this review (#28119) | Posted by | Friday, March 05, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CURVED AIR "Midnight Wire"