DRONES

Good, but non-essential

Buy MUSE Music
Studio Album, released in 2015

1. Dead Inside (4:23)
2. [Drill Sergeant] (0:21)
3. Psycho (5:17)
4. Mercy (3:52)
5. Reapers (6:00)
6. The Handler (4:34)
7. [JFK] (0:55)
8. Defector (4:33)
9. Revolt (4:06)
10. Aftermath (5:48)
11. The Globalist (10:07)
12. Drones (2:50)

Total time: 52:46

- Matthew Bellamy / guitars, vocals, keyboards, synthesizer, string arrangements
- Christopher Wolstenholme / bass, keyboards, backing vocals
- Dominic James Howard / drums, percussion

With:
- Robert John Lange / backing vocals (10), co-producer
- Will Leon Thompson / voice actor (2,3)
- Michael Shildah / voice actor (2,3)
- John F. Kennedy / recorded April 1961 speech (7)
- Audrey Riley / string arrangements, conductor
- Edodea Ensemble / strings
- Edoardo De Angelis / violin, concertmaster
- Olle Romö / programming

Artwork: Matt Mahurin

CD Warner Bros. Records ‎- 0825646121250 (2015, Europe)

2xLP Warner Bros. Records ‎- 0825646121229 (2015, Europe)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy MUSE Drones Music

DronesDrones
Warner Bros. 2015
$7.71
MUSE - DRONES : STANDARD JEWEL CASEMUSE - DRONES : STANDARD JEWEL CASE
Explicit Lyrics
Import 2016
$17.62
Muse GLASTONBURY 2016 LIVE 2CD set Drones World TourMuse GLASTONBURY 2016 LIVE 2CD set Drones World Tour
Muse
$66.78
R ? ? ? ? R S w/ Fold-Your-Own paper drone instructions [7R ? ? ? ? R S w/ Fold-Your-Own paper drone instructions [7" Picture Disc Vinyl single]
MUSE, WARNER MUSIC UK LIMITED
$36.99

MUSE Drones cd 2015 release unopened, sealed USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 55m
MUSE Drones [Slipcase] CD Queen U2 Foo Fighters SEALED USD $2.99 [0 bids]
MUSE [ DRONES ] ORIGINAL CD THAI EDITION STILL SEALED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Muse "Drones" Vinyl LP Record (New & Sealed) USD $25.46 Buy It Now 6h 2m
Muse - Drones (2015) USD $2.55 [0 bids]
Drones, Muse, CD album card sleeve 2015 USD $1.27 [0 bids]
Drones [CD/DVD] [6/8] * by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 27m
MUSE Drones JAPAN CD + DVD (SPECIAL EDITION) U.K. Alternative Rock ! USD $32.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
CD MUSE "DRONES". New and sealed USD $15.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Muse - Drones [CD] USD $20.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Drones [Slipcase] by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) Brand New Sealed USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Drones USD $1.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Drones USD $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Drones, Muse, Audio CD, New, FREE & Fast Delivery USD $13.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Drones [Slipcase] by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.). Sealed USD $7.00 [0 bids]
MUSE - DRONES VINYL LP NEW+ USD $41.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Drones - Muse CD - Digipak Free Shipping! USD $21.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Muse - Drones (NEW CD) USD $16.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Muse * Drones [Slipcase] (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) USD $5.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Muse Keyring from Drones Tour USD $26.74 [0 bids]
MUSE - Drones [Import/Explicit Lyrics/Alternative Rock/Hard Rock] CD USD $14.88 Buy It Now 2 days
MUSE - DRONES [SLIPCASE] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $8.63 Buy It Now 2 days
MUSE DRONES SEALED CD NEW 2015 USD $2.47 Buy It Now 3 days
CD + DVD SET MUSE DRONES SEALED NEW 2015 USD $2.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Muse - Drones (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $31.82 Buy It Now 3 days
Drones * by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) [Slipcase] USD $5.94 Buy It Now 3 days
MUSE - DRONES [SLIPCASE] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Muse - Drones SEALED CD single 2015 Warner Bros. Dead Inside / Psycho D USD $1.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Muse - Drones (2 Disc, CD + DVD, Deluxe Edition) BRAND NEW USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Drones [Slipcase] by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) USD $5.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Vinyl 7": Muse : Reapers : Double Sided Picture Disc & Fold Your Own Paper Drone USD $30.61 Buy It Now 4 days
Muse - Drones (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Drones [LP] by Muse (Vinyl, Jun-2015, 2 Discs, Warner Bros.) USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Muse - Drones [Cassette] USD $11.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Muse - Drones (2015) Digipack CD USD $4.70 [0 bids]
Muse Drones Digipack CASE New Sealed USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MUSE Drones JAPAN CD (LIMITED EDITION) U.K. Alternative Hard Rock ! USD $26.76 Buy It Now 4 days
Muse Drones Taiwan CD DVD OBI Digipak Matthew Bellamy 2015 NEW USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Muse Drones Taiwan CD OBI Digipak Matthew Bellamy 2015 NEW USD $21.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Muse- Drones CD, NEW, SEALED USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Muse Drones Plus DVD 2disc Album Music CDs Japan Used USD $30.22 Buy It Now 5 days
MUSE Reapers 7" Picture Disc single 45rpm LP + fold your own drone RSD 2016 New USD $8.99 [0 bids]
Muse Drones Cassette Tape - New Sealed (Warner Bros. 549337-4) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Drones [6/8] * by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Muse-Drones (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.51 Buy It Now 6 days
Muse-Drones (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Muse DRONES 2015 Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD w/OBI (digipak) USD $26.18 Buy It Now 6 days
Muse - Drones - Muse CD NOVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $7.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Muse-Drones CD with DVD NEW USD $19.95 Buy It Now 8 days
MUSE DRONES U.K PROMO CD EXCELLENT CONDITION! VERY RARE! USD $25.46 Buy It Now 8 days
Drones USD $9.61 Buy It Now 8 days
MUSE-DRONES-JAPAN CD w/Tracking# form JAPAN Free shipping NEW USD $27.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MUSE DRONES CD - BRAND NEW & SEALED USD $6.30 Buy It Now 9 days
Muse: Drones (2LPs: 180GV) USD $30.78 Buy It Now 9 days
Muse - Drones NEW LP USD $25.90 Buy It Now 9 days
Muse - Drones LP Viny Brand New USD $21.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MUSE-DRONES - 2 VINILO NEW VINYL RECORD USD $26.84 Buy It Now 9 days
Muse DRONES 2015 Taiwan CD w/OBI (digipak) USD $22.67 Buy It Now 10 days
Muse - Drones [CD] USD $15.84 Buy It Now 10 days
Drones - Muse LP Free Shipping! USD $32.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Drones [Slipcase] by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Muse - Drones [Latest Pressing] 180-gram New Sealed LP Vinyl Record Album 180g USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Muse - Drones [Latest Pressing] 180-gram (in-shrink) LP Vinyl Record Album 180g USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MUSE - DRONES : STANDARD DIGIPAK USD $5.38 Buy It Now 11 days
Brand New Drones Digipak CD Muse 2015 Warner Bros Dead Inside Psycho Mercy USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Drones Digipak CD by Muse Used 2015 Warner Bros Dead Inside Psycho Mercy Revolt USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MUSE Reapers 7" Picture Disc single 45rpm LP + fold your own drone RSD 2016 New USD $9.98 Buy It Now 11 days
MUSE Live at Mainsquare Festival Arras France 4Jul2015 Bonus Drones Tour 2CD Box USD $22.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MUSE Live Glastonbury Festival England 24Jun2016 Drones World Tour Bonus 2CD Box USD $22.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MUSE Drones at Pop Bercy Live Paris France 27Feb2016 Bonus Tour 2CD Box USD $22.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MUSE DRONES CASSETTE AMERICAN IMPORT MINT CONDITION & SEALED VERY RARE! USD $31.82 Buy It Now 11 days
Muse - Drones - 2LP VINYL - New USD $30.55 Buy It Now 12 days
MUSE Drones LTD CLASSIC CD Album GALLERY QUALITY FRAMED+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP USD $57.24 Buy It Now 12 days
MUSE - DRONES - VINYL 2LP LP - NEW USD $52.23 Buy It Now 12 days
MUSE - DRONES - CD + DVD - NEW USD $24.89 Buy It Now 12 days
Drones [Slipcase] by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
MUSE DRONES AMERICAN CD WITH ABSOLUTION STICKER ON THE FRONT! MISPRINTED! SEALED USD $12.72 Buy It Now 12 days
Muse : Drones CD (2015) USD $4.91 Buy It Now 12 days
MUSE-DRONES- CD w/Tracking form Free shipping NEW w/Tracking USD $23.56 Buy It Now 13 days
Muse - Drones - Cassette - Limited Edition Cassette Store Day - Rare! Sealed! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Drones by Muse USD $2.46 Buy It Now 13 days
Muse-Drones : With A Bonus Dvd (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $27.41 Buy It Now 13 days
MUSE 'Drones' Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED USD $30.94 Buy It Now 13 days
Muse-Drones : With A Bonus Dvd (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $29.77 Buy It Now 13 days
Muse - Drones [Limited Edition] [CD/DVD] [New CD] Ltd Ed, With DVD USD $15.80 Buy It Now 13 days
MUSE Drones 2x LP NEW 180g vinyl + digital download USD $29.95 Buy It Now 14 days
Muse - Drones - UK CD album 2015 USD $8.90 Buy It Now 14 days
Muse-Drones CD with DVD NEW USD $22.52 Buy It Now 15 days
Drones [Slipcase] by Muse (CD, Jun-2015, Warner Bros.) USD $9.97 Buy It Now 15 days
Muse - Drones - LP Vinyl - New USD $26.56 Buy It Now 15 days
Muse - Drones - CD - New USD $16.38 Buy It Now 15 days
MUSE - DRONES - VINYL 2LP LP - NEW USD $50.74 Buy It Now 15 days
MUSE Dead Inside / Psycho CD Single from the album Drones NEW USD $2.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Muse - Drones (6.3oz 2LP Vinyl, gatefold cover) 2015 Warner Bros, Helium 3 USD $31.55 Buy It Now 16 days
Drones by Muse (CD, Jun-2015) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 16 days
MUSE - DRONES Record Store Day Cassete Tape - SEALED new copy CSD RSD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 16 days
New: MUSE - Drones (CD) Sealed USD $2.85 Buy It Now 16 days
Used Muse Drones Plus DVD 2disc Album Music CDs Japan USD $30.50 Buy It Now 16 days
Muse - Drones [Limited Edition] [CD/DVD] [New CD] Ltd Ed, With DVD USD $17.64 Buy It Now 16 days
Drones - Muse - CD New Sealed USD $19.34 Buy It Now 17 days

More places to buy MUSE music online Buy MUSE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MUSE Drones ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(9%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(35%)

MUSE Drones reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars I haven't been actively listening to Muse since 2009 due to complete disinterest in the material on The Resistance and The 2nd Law. Even though I've been a fan of their sound since Origin Of Symmetry, Muse made a turn for the simpler and commercially oriented sound on Black Holes And Revelations and expanded in the same direction with The Resistance and especially The 2nd Law. So why did I suddenly decided to return to Muse? Well, the answer is that I actually enjoyed Drones a lot more than their previous two releases and thus decided to write a few words about it.

First off, let's be clear on the fact that Drones is by no means a return to the band's old sound. What we get here is a mix between the old and the new, some tracks are completely omittable while others are among the best that Muse has ever recorded. If you've heard a couple of the singles from Drones and thought that they were weak, then you're definitely not alone; my reaction was completely the same. Dead Inside and Psycho are riff-driven anthems that completely leave me cold while Reapers is slightly more enjoyable even though the song drags a bit too long.

The first really great song here is Mercy, this track is a mix of Starlight and Bliss featuring a strong melodic chorus that transitions well between the verse-chorus sections. The Handler and Defector and Revolt are strong album tracks that manage to move the album along while adding layers to the concept of drones warfare. My favorite part of the album are the three final tracks that begin with the ballad Aftermath, progresses with the 10 minutes of bliss with The Globalist and finishes off with an a cappella outro on the title track. The Globalist is probably the biggest reason for my return to Muse since this is easily their best multi-part epic that manages to completely overshadow both Exogenesis and The 2nd Law.

I really hope that the band will continue in a more conceptual direction on their next releases while moving away from the dispensable singles that have filled their last couple of albums. Drones is a slight return to form thanks to the marvelous second part of the album that focuses on the beauty of the band's sound and reduces the filler. Recommended to fans of Absolution and Black Holes And Revelations!

***** star songs: The Globalist (10:07)

**** star songs: Mercy (3:52) The Handler (4:34) Defector (4:33) Revolt (4:06) Aftermath (5:48) Drones (2:50)

*** star songs: Dead Inside (4:23) Psycho (5:17) Reapers (6:00)

** star songs: [Drill Sergeant] (0:21) [JFK] (0:55)

Review by Kempokid
COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Despite finding Muse's attempts to branch out and experiment admirable, I still preferred the rock sound implemented on earlier albums compared to the predominantly pop projects of their later work. This made me quite hopeful when getting around to listening to Drones, as I heard it was to be a return to form. Honestly, if this is a return to form, please just stick to the pop music. While yes, it's clear that an effort was made to return to the sound of Origin of Symmetry and Absolution in sections, it's also clear that this sounds nothing like those, with a lot more cheese than I know what to do with, weaker, more simplistic songwriting with far less of the emotional rawness that made early Muse so great, and much less enjoyment all around.

The album quickly makes it clear how this will not be a complete return to form, with the high pitched vocal harmonies and the extremely danceable beat. To be fair, I do quite enjoy this song, as the vocal melody is excellent, and I do love the beat. The next song, Psycho demonstrates a massive problem I have with a lot of the album, lyrics, which while I normally don't care too much about them, they just get so stupid in places that it becomes embarrassing to listen to. No matter how much I enjoy the riffs in the song, I just can't get over lyrics like "I'll turn you into a superdrone" and "your ass belongs to me now". The song may be simplistic, but I could see myself loving it if not for constantly wanting to laugh at the lyrics. Mercy can be summed up in a simple phrase, Starlight but worse. Reapers is a massive improvement from anything else on the album, with a lot of incredible riffs, switching between a Van Halen inspired mini solo, and a simple, hard hitting riff, combined with some of the classic Muse dramatic flair, making for a uniquely amazing song on a mostly subpar album. The next stretch is where a lot of issues arise, with all of the songs dragging on while also having the same issue with lyrics and general lack of interesting hooks , solos or anything of the sort. By far the worst offender of this is Revolt, which has one of the most painfully forgettable hooks I've heard in recent memory. The Aftermath doesn't serve much better, being one of the weaker ballads by a band that I already dislike the ballads of for the most part. Honestly, this portion of the album is so unappealing, that combined with the other weaker songs on the album, the song that I ended up using as a decider between whether to give this a 1 or 2 was The Globalist. Fortunately, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit, as while it isn't quite a masterpiece, it provides a great apocalyptic feel, and definitely makes good use of its entire 10 minutes, with each section being excellent, with the way it gradually slows and transitions into Drones to be great.

This album left me feeling incredibly disappointed, I wasn't expecting anything amazing after the previous 2 mediocre albums, but I was expecting something more accomplished than this mess. While Muse have certainly always been overblown in their style, so much about their lyrical content and music here just screams "pretentious" to me, while still being unbearably dull and simplistic in other points. Despite that, Muse once again display their talent of making sure each album has 1 or 2 tracks which are clearly some of the best stuff they've ever done, in this case, it's Reapers for me. I honestly feel like Muse have been on a decline since The Resistance, but I do feel like this is in all likelihood, their lowest point, as it's quite difficult to go lower than this. As said, this album was saved from a 1 star rating by having 3 really good songs, and only barely.

Best songs: Dead Inside, Reapers, The Globalist

Weakest songs: Psycho, Mercy, Defector, Revolt, Aftermath

Verdict: I see no real reason to listen to more than the best songs on the album unless you're a fan of Muse, as basically any album before this makes for a much better starting point and listening experience.

2 stars I have a long love/hate relationship with Muse. I started playing Bass by learning their songs, (almost all of OoS & Absolution). But nowadays they seem to have been letting me down. The Resistance, while an acceptable album has one problem. The influences are very notorius. Queen & U2 b ... (read more)

Report this review (#1954315) | Posted by AlexisP. | Thursday, August 2, 2018 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've always felt that the criticism towards Muse's Drones is way harsher than things actually are on the album. Such a solid record deserves more recognition, and I quite enjoy it and find myself revisiting it every now and then, even though I don't listen to a tenth of the amount of Muse I used ... (read more)

Report this review (#1868705) | Posted by guiservidoni | Monday, January 22, 2018 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Drones is not a bad album, but it is noticeably not as good as Muse's 2000s albums. While the lyrics to "Dead Inside" are actually good, the song is really a less interesting "Madness" that sounds like an 80s style U2 song with a clichéd chord progression. "Psycho" is cheesy, but it is silly in a go ... (read more)

Report this review (#1490516) | Posted by Stiyekton | Saturday, November 21, 2015 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Muse is a band that is recommended to me constantly. I always hear 'Oh, you like the White Stripes? You'll like them.' Or possibly 'If you like Radiohead, you'll definitely love these guys.' I might have heard their more popular songs like 'Uprising' and 'Madness' on the radio, but have never ... (read more)

Report this review (#1442912) | Posted by crashandridemusic | Monday, July 20, 2015 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I listened at first to the singles...separated...the 5 first songs.... My first impression was...ou...As the first songs and singles of the 2nd Law ...now their tendency is to make rock for the masses....'what happen to the most progressive vein of Muse demonstrated ...in Absolution,or Black ... (read more)

Report this review (#1425766) | Posted by robbob | Wednesday, June 10, 2015 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Drones: Muse's seventh album and supposed return to form. Keeping their promise of decreasing (but not eliminating) the symphonic and electronic influences so central to their previous two albums, they have left two main styles struggling for dominance: pop and rock. Piano is still present and im ... (read more)

Report this review (#1425631) | Posted by Insin | Tuesday, June 9, 2015 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MUSE "Drones"