PROGENY: HIGHLIGHTS FROM SEVENTY-TWO

Yes Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two album cover

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2015

Opening (Excerpt From Firebird Suite)
Siberian Khatru

ii. Total Mass Retain
iii. I Get Up I Get Down
iv. Seasons Of Man
11 Nov 1972: Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA

Excerpts From "The Six Wives Of Henry VIII"

Roundabout

Label: Atlantic Catalog Group
Format: 2CD, 3LP
May 19, 2015

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two Music

Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two (2CD)Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two (2CD)
Atlantic Catalog Group 2015

YES Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two Audio CD | 2CD, Digipack 2 CD SET NEW USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two 180g Vinyl 3 LP (Used) 081227956707 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two 3xLP sealed vinyl USD $55.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes - Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two (NEW 3 VINYL LP) USD $53.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes - Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two (NEW 2CD) USD $20.57 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes-Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-two VINYL NEW USD $49.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes-Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-two (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $43.15 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes - Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two [New CD] USD $16.48 Buy It Now 8 days
YES Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two (3LP) Yes Format: Vinyl USD $36.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes - Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two CD LIke New USD $11.24 Buy It Now 9 days
YES Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two 3 LPs New Rhino SEALED USD $29.75 Buy It Now 9 days
Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-two - Yes LP USD $53.93 Buy It Now 10 days
Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-two - Yes CD-JEWEL CASE USD $22.40 Buy It Now 10 days
YES - PROGENY:HIGHLIGHTS FROM SEVENTY-TWO 2 CD NEW+ USD $28.59 Buy It Now 11 days
YES - PROGENY:HIGHLIGHTS FROM SEVENTY-TWO 3 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $63.82 Buy It Now 11 days
YES Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two 2015 US 3LP set > SEALED and NEW USD $39.95 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - Progeny: Highlights From Seventy Two - CD (2xCD) USD $20.57 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - PROGENY - HIGHLIGHTS FROM SEVENTY-TWO TRIPLE LP, 180 Gram Vinyl 18pageBook USD $39.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two [5/19] by Yes LP May2015 Atlantic VINYL 3LP USD $32.99 Buy It Now 14 days
YES Progeny Highlights from Seventy-Two BRAND NEW 3 LP VINYL RECORD SET Sealed USD $39.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two [5/19] by Yes (CD, May-2015, 6 Discs,... USD $55.49 Buy It Now 17 days
Yes: Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two: (CD) USD $22.69 Buy It Now 17 days
YES-PROGENY: HIGHLIGHTS FROM SEVENTY-TWO - 3 VINILOS USED - VERY GOOD VINYL RECO USD $50.45 Buy It Now 18 days
YES-PROGENY: HIGHLIGHTS FROM SEVENTY-TWO - 3 VINILOS NEW VINYL RECORD USD $46.86 Buy It Now 18 days
Yes - Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two USD $23.89 Buy It Now 18 days
Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two by Yes. USD $46.87 Buy It Now 21 days
Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-Two [Digipak] by Yes. USD $24.48 Buy It Now 21 days
Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two (3LP), Yes, 0081227956707 * NEW * USD $51.32 Buy It Now 22 days
Yes Progeny Highlights from Seventy-Two Sealed 3 LP Live 1972 USD $34.09 Buy It Now 22 days
Yes-Progeny: Highlights from Seventy-two (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $17.19 Buy It Now 22 days
YES Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two 2CD BRAND NEW Live Digipak USD $20.33 Buy It Now 23 days
Yes - Progeny: Highlights From Seventy Two - Triple Vinyl USD $47.79 Buy It Now 24 days
Yes Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two 3 x Vinyl LP LIVE NEW SEALED USD $39.95 Buy It Now 25 days
Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two (3LP) Vinyl | Triple Vinyl Yes USD $19.99 Buy It Now 26 days
YES Progeny : Highlights from Seventy Two 3 LP trifold New Sealed USD $44.98 Buy It Now 26 days
Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two - Yes 081227956578 (CD Used Like New) USD $14.48 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

YES Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two ratings distribution

YES Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars Ever since I first heard Yessongs, back when I was in high school, I was disappointed in it. I just couldn't get over the fact that Alan White's rendition of Close To The Edge. First, and foremost, he didn't get the hang of Bill Bruford's off-beat emphasis synchronized with Chris Squire's bass. This to me was an important feature of the song's greatness. I have come to realize that this was more due to Bruford's towering greatness, rather than a deficiency on White's part.

Second, while I could tolerate White playing along with Rick Wakeman's exquisite keyboard at the end of I Get Up, I Get Down, his insistence of tapping his sticks before the band roars into Seasons Of Man diminishes the power of the transition between the sections of the song.

More recently I have found that on other than Close To The Edge, White's style fits in with the Yes classics perfectly. And I have decided to finally purchase my own copy of Yessongs.

I am reluctant to purchase the boxed set this collection was culled from, as it contains 7 complete shows from a very limited time period. I was burned before, by purchasing one of ELP's bootleg sets, that showed me just how similar ELP was from show to show, with the same set list and solos from night to night. So this selection of (hopefully), the best version of each song in the set, put together as if it was a continuous show.

The concert (as this compilation recreates it) is very good. They start out sloppy, and you can feel the band come together as they warm up.

There aren't many surprises, other than some interesting keyboard choices from Wakeman. I'm sure most are due to the difficulty of setting analog synth settings on the fly. The dirty sax sound he uses at the beginning of And You And I is laughably cheesy.

White, for the first time (I've seen him with Yes more times than I an actually remember) does not click his sticks in the middle of CTTE, but he does sound clumsy on the accent beats. He performs admirably on the rest of the album.

The best track for Yes fans should be Yours Is No Disgrace, beginning with a keyboard/drum jam, and stretched out to over ten minutes.

I must say, this brings me back to my high school days, in a good way.

Review by Magnum Vaeltaja
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Not being a Yes completionist, I shook my head at the prospect of owning 7 complete shows from their 1972 Close To The Edge Tour and settled instead for this, a 2-CD package containing what are apparently some of the best, most representative works from the shows.

I have to admit, never having seen Yes perform live, they must have been pretty great back in their heyday if this is what it sounded like. Really, this is a very safe buy for just about any prog fan. All of the songs here are ones that we all know well and, for the most part, they don't deviate too far from their studio counterparts. The big problem with this collection, for me, lies in the fact that Yes isn't a band that translates too well to a live recording setting. I can only imagine how incredible they would have been to see back in the day, with their over-the-top showmanship and stunning visual effects. However, having only the audio captured from these evenings, it leaves a lot to be desired when many of the subtleties and perfections of these compositions are glazed over with extra distortion, slightly out-of-time playing, liberties being taken in the tempo, etc.

In general, this live set is inferior to the studio recordings, especially on numbers like And You And I and Roundabout. There are some redeeming features, though; Steve Howe's Clap/Mood For A Day medley works very well with respect to both pieces and the jamming on Yours Is No Disgrace is top notch. If there's any reason to buy this album, that last track would be it. Altogether this is a 3 star album, a good collection of songs we know and love, but whether you need different versions to love again is up to you.

Post a review of YES "Progeny: Highlights From Seventy-Two"