OBSCURE KNOWLEDGE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Guapo Obscure Knowledge album cover

Buy GUAPO Music
Studio Album, released in 2015

1. Obscure Knowledge Part I (25:39)
2. Obscure Knowledge Part II (4:38)
3. Obscure Knowledge Part III (12:39)

Total time 42:56

With:
- Michael J. York / woodwind
- Antti Uusimaki / keyboards, effects

Artwork: David Smith

CD Cuneiform Records ‎- Rune 404 (2015, US)

LP Cuneiform Records ‎- Rune 404 (2015, US)

FLAC download - bandcamp.com

Thanks to lunarston for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy GUAPO Obscure Knowledge Music

Obscure KnowledgeObscure Knowledge
CUNEIFORM RECORDS 2017
$12.04
Obscure Knowledge by GuapoObscure Knowledge by Guapo
CUNEIFORM
$31.05

More places to buy GUAPO music online Buy GUAPO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GUAPO Obscure Knowledge ratings distribution

GUAPO Obscure Knowledge reviews

5 stars Once again I'm left spellbound by the sheer power of the music from this band just like I was when I first heard their "Five Suns" album. Without question this record will be on my "Best of" list for 2015.

"Obscure Knowledge Part I" is the almost 26 minute opener and man what a ride this trip is. Sounds pulsate as the atmosphere becomes uncomfortable then it kicks in hard before 2 minutes followed by the guitar lighting it up. The guitar reminds me of Steve Howe here. Powerful organ runs as well then the guitar rips it up again before turning Howe-like. It's winding down slowly around 5 minutes as pulsating keys join in and those powerful sounds that drone in and out. It starts to build and we get this repetitive sound but it does have different shades to it as it plays out. A change before 13 minutes and I love when it turns into an ANGLAGARD-like sound around 15 minutes with the angular guitar, organ and more. This continues until it changes before 22 1/2 minutes. Man that section is priceless! They then seem to jam almost to the end in a very groovy way. Love the Fender Rhodes. Just before it ends we get this bagpipe-like note that goes on and on as it blends into "Obscure Knowledge Part II" and it continues this way throughout this over 4 1/2 minute track as experimental sounds come and go. The most avant-garde piece on here.

"Obscure Knowledge Part III" opens with the bass, guitar and keys coming and going until it picks up with drums joining in. The angular guitar is awesome. It settles back but it will shift in tempo and mood throughout. This track really infatuates me. How intense is this before 9 minutes! And this will continue to the end.

Man this can be so experimental but they give me enough melody to balance it out really well. This is an intriguing album that will appeal to Avant fans especially.

Post a review of GUAPO "Obscure Knowledge"