HOOFFOOT

Hooffoot

Hooffoot Hooffoot album cover

Buy HOOFFOOT Music
Studio Album, released in 2015

1. 1st Communique: Last Flight Of The Ratite (18:31)
2. 2nd Communique: Take Five, Seven, Six, Eight, And Nine (16:01)

Search HOOFFOOT Hooffoot lyrics

Search HOOFFOOT Hooffoot tabs

- Pär Hallgren / bass
- Jacob Hamilton / drums
- Joakim Jönsson / guitar
- Bengt Wahlgren / keyboards
- Ola Erikson / keyboards
- Mikael Ödesjö / guitar
- Gustav Sörnmo / trumpet (guest appearance)
- Ida Hallgren / baritone saxophone (guest appearance)

Paura Di Niente ‎- PDN001 / Kommun 2 ‎- K2:30 (Sweden)

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

HOOFFOOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HOOFFOOT Hooffoot Music

HooffootHooffoot
Paura Di Niente Records
HooffootHooffoot
PAURA DI NIENTE 2015
Vinyl$146.00

More places to buy HOOFFOOT music online Buy HOOFFOOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

HOOFFOOT Hooffoot ratings distribution

HOOFFOOT Hooffoot reviews

4 stars It's interesting to read the bio of HOOFFOOT as the band's leader Par Hallgren discusses how late in life he discovered RPI, Krautrock and seventies Jazz. Out of that he lists IL BALETTO DI BRONZO's "YS" album as being life changing. I like this guy. As a result he and a couple of musicians met pretty much weekly until eventually there was a band doing live gigs and then this, their first studio album. By the way this is a six piece band plus we get a guest sax player and a trumpet player. Par is probably most known for being in ORESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE but he was also in THE CARPET KNIGHTS, two amazing bands right there. The lead guitarist also played in both of those bands. We get a rhythm guitarist who plays for AGUSA and then two keyboardists. Ola also from ORESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE plays synths, and the other keyboardist plays clavinet and Fender Rhodes. We get two long suites giving us just under 35 minutes of music.

"Last Flight Of The Ratite" is the 18 1/2 minute opener. Horns standout in the intro along with guitar before ending with organ as it turns calm and very jazzy. Great sound here. Love the Fender Rhodes and the horn playing over top. It starts to turn nasty before 3 1/2 minutes and I wish there was more of this with the evil organ sounds and upfront guitar after 5 minutes. A change before 7 1/2 minutes as clavinet takes over as the bass and drums do the ground-work. A horn joins in as well. It's intense 9 minutes in then it calms right down quickly. I like the bass and percussion here. Check out the guitar starting before 11 minutes as he lights it up. A calm after 12 minutes as we get a jazzy section with atmosphere, percussion, bass and Fender Rhodes. So good! Some deep fuzzed out sounds before 15 minutes as it continues to be laid back. I'm not into the change beginning before 17 minutes to the end. Horns blast away to end it.

"Five Seven Six Eight...And Nine" opens with percussion as intricate sounds join in including flute-like sounds then a horn. It picks up 2 minutes in then it becomes catchy before 3 minutes but I'm not into this. And "this" will be repeated at various times in this suite. The guitar starts to lead and now I'm impressed. Back to that catchy passage then we get a calm with atmosphere and flute-like sounds before 6 minutes. Back to that catchy theme before 9 minutes then another change as it picks up bringing ELEPHANT9 to mind with the incredible Fender Rhodes and drum work. Another change before 11 1/2 minutes as we get these intricate sounds but then it turns fuller a minute later. There's that catchy section again before 15 minutes to the end.

I want to rate this higher but those catchy moments that are repeated on the second track along with the way the first track ends is holding me back. A matter of taste I suppose but you guys have to hear this one.

Review by aapatsos
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal and Heavy Prog Teams
4 stars Two tracks, 35 minutes of music, plenty of jazz...

Hooffoot are an interesting case in that they have produced an album which sounds like structured improvisation (as if there ever was such a thing!). Strictly sticking to analog recording, the sextet (+) go wild on two rather long ''compositions'' (pun intended), feeding the unaware listener with blasts of retro-original exciting jazz-rock/fusion. Spooky/spacey keyboards mixed with trumpets and saxophone, Miles Davis meets (mostly) Soft Machine, throw in some ZAPPA-esque and Mahavishnu oddity, carefully picked oriental and latin moments and you get an uplifting mix of (surpisingly) modern-sounding jazz.

Listening to this debut feels like the music is being played live in front of you (the beauty of analog?). Despite the length of the tracks and the levels of experimentation, ''Hooffoot'' retains a remarkably groovy pace and playful atmosphere, especially in the latter track where Santana seem to be making an appearance mid-way...

Invest without reservations, this is one of the highlights of 2016.

Post a review of HOOFFOOT "Hooffoot"