DREADNOUGHT

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Space Invaders Dreadnought album cover

Buy SPACE INVADERS Music
Studio Album, released in 2015

1. The Gap You Leave Behind (10:44)
2. Dungeons (7:46)
3. Two Skulls (12:48)
4. Hexensabber (6:47)
5. Dreadnought (5:54)
6. It's Raining Bones (9:40)
7. Jolly Roger High Speed Groove (3:20)
8. Out In The Madness (22:22)

Total time: 79:21

Search SPACE INVADERS Dreadnought lyrics

Search SPACE INVADERS Dreadnought tabs

- Mike Häfliger / guitar, talkbox
- Paul Pott / bass
- Dennis Gockel / drums
- Dirk Jan Müller / synthesizer

CD NASONI 165-2 (2015 Germany)

Thanks to rivertree for the addition

SPACE INVADERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPACE INVADERS Dreadnought Music

DreadnoughtDreadnought
Nasoni Records

More places to buy SPACE INVADERS music online Buy SPACE INVADERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SPACE INVADERS Dreadnought ratings distribution

SPACE INVADERS Dreadnought reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Strictly speaking this is their first studio output, although it doesn't make a difference really, as they generally exist from the improvisation as such. Recently I took the chance to attend a SPACE INVADERS recording session, scheduled for the new follower album. It's certainly an amazing experience to witness how they manage to engineer their stuff quasi on the fly. So I preferably would denote this as 'live in the studio outtakes' at best. The band acts reduced to a quartet while missing second guitarist Dirk Bittner on this occasion, which on the other hand implies that Tipi Mike is more present than ever.

They certainly have manifested their own style of playing space rock, decorated with some krautish flavour and a proper groove, the latter resulting from Paul Pott's pumping bass and Dennis' propelling drum beats. In combination with his talk box Tipi Mike's guitar appears very empathic, varied, elaborate, though often enough also rough and dirty. Quasi as a proof for that I would name the song couple Two Skulls and Hexensabber, the latter comes close to an Electric Orange style. This is pointing to the fact that Dirk Jan Müller is involved, who celebrates some transitions between the particular tracks with his synthesizer and enriches the sound due to some quirky stuff as well as a bunch of melancholic spheric patterns.

Currently there is a lot of inspiration available concerning the SPACE INVADERS crew. Especially the last four minutes of the extended closing track Out In The Madness are so marvelous! 'Dreadnought' constitutes an excellent snaphot here, presumbly their best so far, but next time with Baal Brain as the counterpart on the second guitar we will have to await a differing presence, that's for sure. We'll see ...

4 stars SPACE INVADERS are a German Space Rock band and this is their first official studio album although they have already released a couple of live ones. The music did remind me of ELECTRIC ORANGE at times not so surprisingly since Dirk on synths is from that band. Also we get Paul from ZONE SIX on bass. This is quite heavy much of the time with lots of distortion and a catchy groove.

"The Gap You Leave Behind" opens with experimental sounds that start us off on our journey. It's building before 4 minutes with guitar, cymbals and more then here we go after 6 1/2 minutes as a catchy beat kicks in and they start to cook. It calms down late and blends into "Dungeons" where it continues to be dark and spacey with electronics. The guitar rises out of the abyss after 1 1/2 minutes and drums follow. This is catchy. It kicks in hard at 3 1/2 minutes with distorted guitar and a heavy rhythm. "Two Skulls" sounds so good when the heavy rhythm kicks in early. I also like the picked electric guitar 5 minutes in and the way the guitar grinds it out later on at 8 minutes as he rips it up. What a kick ass track! "Hexensabber" has a heavy groove with picked electric guitar to start. I really dig the sound here, especially the guitar.

"Dreadnought" is an uptempo barn-burner with distorted guitar. Man he's just lighting it up after 3 minutes. "It's Raining Bones" is different as we get some talk-box early on. It settles back 8 minutes in but there's lots of distortion. "Jolly Roger High Speed Groove" certainly does groove in a major way. This is too much fun which is maybe why it's the shortest track. Love it! "Out In The Madness" ends the album and it's the longest tune at over 22 minutes. It's dark with plenty of atmosphere then the guitar and drums help out. There's more of that talk-box 2 1/2 minutes in. It continues to be fairly slow paced until around 6 minutes when it starts to pick up some. The guitar solos over top 8 minutes in. I like it! It's slowing down again but then around 9 1/2 minutes it becomes uptempo. A catchy beat arrives before 11 minutes as spacey sounds follow. A calm 13 minutes in with experimental sounds then it kicks back in before settling back late.

A solid 4 stars for this Space Rock album and fans of ELECTRIC ORANGE and the like should really check this band out.

4 stars Space Invaders is a German space rock group with members of Electric Orange. Dreadnaught is actually their third album, but their first studio. This album sports a rather cool cover, I really dig those balloons and airships in the sky. If they had connections with the likes of Mani Neumeier of Gur ... (read more)

Report this review (#1542384) | Posted by Progfan97402 | Tuesday, March 22, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPACE INVADERS "Dreadnought"