JEFF LYNNE'S ELO: ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE

Electric Light Orchestra Jeff Lynne's ELO: Alone In The Universe album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Music
Studio Album, released in 2015

1. When I Was A Boy (3:13)
2. Love And Rain (3:29)
3. Dirty To The Bone (3:07)
4. When The Night Comes (3:21)
5. The Sun Will Shine On You (3:30)
6. Ain't It A Drag (2:35)
7. All My Life (2:51)
8. I'm Leaving You (3:07)
9. One Step At A Time (3:22)
10. Alone In The Universe (3:54)

Total time 32:29

Bonus tracks on 2015 SE:
11. Fault Line (2:07)
12. Blue (2:36)

- Jeff Lynne / lead & backing vocals, guitar, bass, piano, keyboards, drums, vibes, producer

With:
- Steve Jay / tambourine, shaker
- Laura Lynne / backing vocals (2,9)

Artwork: Ryan Corey

CD Columbia ‎- 88875145112 (2015, Europe)
CD Columbia ‎- 88875164642 (2015, Europe) Deluxe edition with 2 bonus tracks

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Jeff Lynne's ELO: Alone In The Universe Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Secret MessagesSecret Messages
$3.73
The Essential Electric Light OrchestraThe Essential Electric Light Orchestra
Sony Legacy 2011
$7.89
All Over The World: The Very Best of Electric Light OrchestraAll Over The World: The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra
Sony Legacy 2016
$4.08
Face The MusicFace The Music
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 2011
$3.73

Jeff Lynne's ELO Alone In The Universe CD NEW SEALED Electric Light Orchestra USD $6.62 Buy It Now 3 days
JEFF LYNNE'S ELO: ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE CD ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA / NEW USD $9.27 Buy It Now 4 days
JEFF LYNNE'S ELO ( Electric Light Orchestra ) - Alone In The Universe NEW CD USD $5.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Jeff Lynne's Elo-Alone In The Universe Digipak-Sealed ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JEFF LYNNE'S ELO Alone In The Universe CD NEW E.L.O. Electric Light Orchestra USD $11.78 Buy It Now 8 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - JEFF LYNNE'S ELO-ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE CD NEW+ USD $14.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Jeff Lynne's ELO - Electric Light Orchestra - Alone In The Universe - CD *NEW* USD $5.83 Buy It Now 12 days
Jeff Lynne's ELO Alone in the Universe LP new vinyl Electric Light Orchestra USD $23.98 Buy It Now 15 days
JEFF LYNNE'S ELO-ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE CD ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA NEW SEALED USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - JEFF LYNNE'S ELO-ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE VINYL LP NEW+ USD $31.47 Buy It Now 16 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - JEFF LYNNE'S ELO: ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE - CD - NEW USD $15.12 Buy It Now 17 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - JEFF LYNNE'S ELO: ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE - CD - NEW USD $13.76 Buy It Now 17 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - JEFF LYNNE'S ELO: ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE - CD - NEW USD $14.82 Buy It Now 17 days
JEFF LYNNE'S ELO - ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE CD 2015 ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA *NEW* USD $11.37 Buy It Now 18 days
Jeff Lynne's ELO - Alone In The Universe (Electric Light Orchestra) (NEW CD) USD $8.60 Buy It Now 22 days
Jeff Lynne's ELO - Electric Light Orchestra - Alone In The Universe - CD *NEW* USD $5.81 Buy It Now 23 days

More places to buy ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA music online Buy ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Jeff Lynne's ELO: Alone In The Universe ratings distribution

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Jeff Lynne's ELO: Alone In The Universe reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Jeff Lynne is back with another batch of his perfectly delivered pop songs for ELO fans to enjoy!

We haven't exactly been spoiled by material from Electric Light Orchestra, especially considering that the latest album, Zoom, was released back in 2001! Jeff Lynne did release a solo album in 2012 but that album merely contained covers of his favorite tunes from his youth. This is why I was really surprised when I read the news of a new single from ELO (or Jeff Lynne's ELO, as it's clearly stated on the album) back in September. When I Was A Boy was clearly filled with a sense of nostalgia for the old ELO days which managed to peak my interest in hearing the rest of the album.

Released on November 13th 2015, Alone In The Universe is a fine and very laid back release where Lynne has no intention of proving anything to the audience. The songs are well-crafted and show that the master can still produce some of the best old style pop songs that ELO fans have enjoyed all throughout the 70's and 80's. Unfortunately there aren't any real standout tunes for me here since even some of the best crafted tracks have some aspects that don't sit well with me. For example, When I Was A Boy is too nostalgic and the chorus reminds me too much of Desperado-era The Eagles. When The Night Comes has an awesome chorus but I'm not a fan of the reggae rhythm all throughout the verses. I'm Leaving You and Alone In The Universe are great songs but they lack the punch that is needed to push them to a higher ground.

All in all, Alone In The Universe will most definitely not bring Jeff Lynne nor ELO any new fans but will surely be able so satisfy the already existing fan base. Just take this album at face value and it will most likely satisfy the nostalgia craving that you might have.

**** star songs: When I Was A Boy (3:13) When The Night Comes (3:21) Ain't It A Drag (2:35) I'm Leaving You (3:07) Alone In The Universe (3:54) Blue (2:36)

*** star songs: Love And Rain (3:29) Dirty To The Bone (3:07) The Sun Will Shine On You (3:30) All My Life (2:51) One Step At A Time (3:22)

** star songs: Fault Line (2:07)

Post a review of ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA "Jeff Lynne's ELO: Alone In The Universe"