MIND EXPLODING

Lucifer's Friend Mind Exploding album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND Music
Studio Album, released in 1976

1. Moonshine Rider (4:48)
2. Blind Boy (4:46)
3. Broken Toys (5:54)
4. Fugitive (4:55)
5. Natural Born Mover (4:25)
6. Free Hooker (7:17)
7. Yesterday's Ideals (6:54)

Search LUCIFER'S FRIEND Mind Exploding lyrics

- Peter Hesslein / guitar, backing vocals
- Curt Cress / drums
- Herbert Bornhold / percussion

1976 German Vertigo or US Janus

and to progshine for the last updates

LUCIFER'S FRIEND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND Mind Exploding Music

Mean MachineMean Machine
Howling Wolf Records
I'm Just a Rock N Roll SingerI'm Just a Rock N Roll Singer
Good Time WarriorGood Time Warrior
7"-Single LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Sneak Me In / Foxy Lady (1980) GERMANY PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 18m
7"-Single LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Hobo (1972) MINT GERMANY PS JOHN LAWTON URIAH HEEP US $49.99 Buy It Now 11h 18m
Lucifer's Friend - Mean Machine CD OBI US $18.99 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Lucifer's Friend - Where the Groupies Killed The Blues LP - Prog Psych NM Lyrics US $9.99 [0 bids]
EX/EX- !! Lucifer's Friend/The Devil's Touch/1976 Fontana LP/German Issue US $71.36 Buy It Now 15h
LUCIFER'S FRIEND, Mean Machine (Promo) LP US $19.00 Buy It Now 17h 54m
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock 'n' Roll Singer LP John Lawton Uriah Heep US US $32.44 Buy It Now 19h 37m
1981, PROMO EX Elektra, 12" LP 33 RPM, Lucifer's Friend "Mean Machine" Hard Rock US $24.99 [0 bids]
LUCIFER's FRIEND -"Good Time Warrior" 12" Vinyl LP NM 1st Edition US $13.50 [0 bids]
Lucifer's Friend Banguet CD MINI LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior MINI LP CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIFER'S FRIEND: Sneak Me In LP (shrink, sl cw) Rock & Pop US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIFER'S FRIEND~I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER~MINT~EVERYBODY'S CLOWN~~ US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIFER'S FRIEND mean machine LP 10 track (elk52298) german elektra 1981 US $19.79 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIFER'S FRIEND SNEAK ME IN 6E-265 WHITE LABEL PROMO LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Lucifer's Friend Mind Exploding Original SEALED LP 1976 Janus Uriah Heep Related US $27.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Lucifer's Friend Where the Groupies Killed the Blues ARCHIVE MASTER Steam Cleand US $44.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LP-Lucifer's Friend-Good Time Warrior~'78 Euro Hard rock Metal US $14.99 [0 bids]
60 House Trance Techno Vinyl Records 12" - DJ, CDJ, 2000, 1210, Tiesto, Avicii 2 US $11.34 Buy It Now 2 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND-"GOOD TIME WARRIOR" 1978 U.S. ISSUE WHITE LABEL DJ LP-NM VINYL US $7.99 [0 bids]
Les Humphries Singers Carnival LP John Lawton Lucifer's Friend Uriah Heep German US $9.00 [0 bids]
JAPAN CD / SNEAK ME IN / LUCIFER'S FRIEND / JAPANESE / CD US $89.95 [0 bids]
JAPAN CD / GOOD TIME WARRIOR / LUCIFER'S FRIEND / JAPANESE CD / CD US $89.95 [0 bids]
[LP] Lucifer's Friend,Good Time Warrior (Elektra) {EX} USA US $28.79 Buy It Now 3 days
[LP] Lucifer's Friend,Good Time Warror (Elektra) {EX} US $28.79 Buy It Now 3 days
LUCIFER's FRIEND Original VINYL 1978 USA MINT good time warrior 1.press US $36.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior 1st 1978 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Steam Cleaned US $44.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND SNEAK ME IN USA PROMOTIONAL COPY 1980 EX/EX US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucifer's Friend -1974-Billingsgate-LP- Rock - "I'm Just a Rock 'N' Roll Singer" US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucifer's Friend / ST JAPAN NEW Rare!!!!!!!!!!!! *L US $99.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND:MIND EXPLODING US $11.34 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Good Time Warrior SEALED 1ST PRESS USA 1978 LP () US $18.99 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Mind Exploding JANUS VPI cleaned PLAY GRADE! 33 LP NICE sound! US $3.99 [0 bids]
Lucifer's Friend - Where the Groupies Killed The Blues LP - Prog Psych EX Lyrics US $10.99 [0 bids]
PINK MICE In Action 1971 GERMAN PROG PSYCH ex-Lucifer's Friend LP The Nice HEAR US $35.00 [0 bids]
Lucifer s Friend in shrink LP Sneak Me In US $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Lucifer"s Friend,german reissue,Repertoire Records,vinyl (NM), cover (VG+) US $34.99 [0 bids]
LUCIFER`S FRIEND / GOOD TIME WARRIOR US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND ~ WHERE THE GROUPIES killed VINYL LP ~ RARE VG++ STERLING US $29.77 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER┤S FRIEND SAME LP IN 1970 NEAR MINT KRAUTROCK PSYCH PROG ROCK MONSTER US $100.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Lucifer's Friend I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer Original 12' Vinyl Record LP 1974 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND ~ I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER / EVERYBODY'S CLOWN ~ ROCK 45 US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lucifer's Friend Mind Exploding Vinyl Lp Record 12' 1976 Janus JSX-7030 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lucifer's Friend Mind Exploding Vinyl LP Record 1976 Janus Still in shrink! EX US $8.00 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Self Titled s/t '70 HEAVY PROG HARD ROCK Psych Krautrock QUAD US $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND SNEAK ME IN VG++ HEAR IT US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND: Ol' Man Roller/Writing On The Wall metal NM vinyl US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
One More Night/John Lawton/Uriah Heep/Lucifer's Friend US $35.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Lucifer's Friend - I'm Just a Rock 'n' Roll Singer LP 1974 BILLINGSGATE US $39.99 [0 bids]
ROCK LP - LUCIFER'S FRIEND - WHERE THE GROUPIES KILLED THE BLUES (1975) PASSPORT US $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Lucifer's Friend I'm Just A Rock n Roll Singer LP 1974 Billingsgate Records EX US $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Lucifer's Friend Quadraphonic lp record billingsgate QUAD rare HTF US $22.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND LP BANQUET 1974 PASSPORT JOHN LAWTON URIAH HEEP STILL SEALED NR US $7.99 [1 bids]
Lucifer's Friend "S/T" Radio & Review Copy Vinyl LP, BG 1002, Gatefold US $19.99 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'm Just a Rock 'n' Roll Singer LP (RARE US Press, in Shrink) US $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Lucifer's Friend - Ride The Sky 7" Krautrock Turkish Edition Rare US $35.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Lucifer's Friend / Where the Groupies Killed the Blues / White label promo US $32.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Good Time Warrior CD MINI LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND i'm just a rock n roll singer LP VG+ BG-1008 WLP Promo 1974 US $22.50 Buy It Now 6 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND NEW CD US $43.79 Buy It Now 6 days
Lucifer's Friend self titled debut first LP US BG 1002 Billingsgate Quadraphonic US $41.97 Buy It Now 7 days
Lucifer's Friend I'm Just a Rock 'N' Roll Singer CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND good time warrior LP Mint- 6E 159 Vinyl 1978 Record US $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Lucifer's Friend "Where the Groupies Killed the Blues" PPSD-98008 VG+/NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Lucifer's Friend [CD New] US $32.42 Buy It Now 7 days
Lucifer's Friend - I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer LP s US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - OLD MAN ROLLER - MY LOVE 7/45 PORTUGAL ELEKTRA N MINT 1979 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Lucifer`s Friend - Sneak Me In US $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Mean Machine LP 1981 VG+ PROMO US $16.39 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND THE DEVIL'S TOUCH VINTAGE VINYL RECORD US $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND SNEAK ME IN ORIGINAL SHRINK LP 749 US $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Lucifer's Friend 3LP lot/I'm Just A Rock'N' Roll Singer,Sneak Me In promo,Where. US $22.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior LP, , Promo Elektra 6E-159 Very Good Plus (VG US $12.77 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND: Mind Exploding LP (cut corner) Rock & Pop US $20.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Lucifer's Friend S/T LP Vinyl RE US $59.99 Buy It Now 8 days
U.K. VISION - Lucifer's Friend / Crazy Girl - 1983 VG++/NEAR MINT- Canada Press US $5.95 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Banquet LP (RARE German Import on VERTIGO) US $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - RIDE THE SKY / HORLA 7" TURKISH MONO US $50.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - RIDE THE SKY / HORLA 7" TURKISH RARE MONO US $200.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Lucifer's Friend-Billingsgate-I'm just a rock & roll Sr US $30.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - STARDANCER 7" VINYL PS US $10.53 Buy It Now 9 days
*(OK1) Lucifer's Friend Stardancer 1999 UK 7" Pic 45 1980 VG+/EX US $12.97 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND MEAN MACHINE (1981) ORIGINAL JAPAN CD WPCR-1721 US $54.99 Buy It Now 10 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'M JUST A ROCK 'N' ROLL SINGER - BILLINGSGATE RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 10 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - SNEAK ME IN - WHITE LABEL PROMO ELEKTRA LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Lucifer's Friend Old Man Roller - Love 7" German Edition US $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND WHERE THE GROUPIES KILLED THE BLUES 1975 VINYL RECORD PROMO US $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
VINYL LP Lucifer's Friend - Good Time Warrior Elektra 6E-159 KrautRock US $10.99 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'M JUST A ROCK 'N' ROLL SINGER - BILLINGSGATE RECO US $6.50 Buy It Now 11 days
Uriah Heep - Firefly cd BRONZE W Germany SONOPRESS Ken Hensley Lucifer's Friend US $89.90 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER VERY GOOD+ 12" LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND banquet LP Record 1975 RARE US $37.50 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND mean machine LP Record 1981 RARE VG US $22.50 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Banquet RARE Heavy Prog HARD ROCK Jazz GERMAN Glam Art US $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Lucifer's Friend Promo LP with original record sleeve-SNEAK ME IN US $22.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Lucifer's Friend Banquet 1974 NM/VG+ Record Jazz Prog Rock Passport PPSD 98012 US $47.40 Buy It Now 12 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND NM- I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer LP US $19.51 Buy It Now 12 days
Lucifer's Friend Debut 1st LP Vinyl German Progressive Rock Metal Psych ST Quad US $29.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Lucifer's Friend Mind Exploding Mindexploding LP Vinyl NM Progressive Rock Metal US $9.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Lucifer's Friend Where Groupies Killed the Blues LP Vinyl VG++ Progressive Metal US $12.95 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND music online Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LUCIFER'S FRIEND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LUCIFER'S FRIEND Mind Exploding ratings distribution

LUCIFER'S FRIEND Mind Exploding reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's a pity that no one has ever reviewed this powerful album. First of all I never realized that this band would be under prog music basket. What is prog, anyway? History-wise it might be OK to label this album under what so called prog rock music. Why? This album was actually the band's answer to music trends that happen sometime mid seventies where mainstream rock bands such as Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin were dominating the charts. Backed by an English speaking vocalist John Lawton and other Germany's great musicians (especially the bass guitar player) made up this excellent album.

Well, actually I used to listen to this album (best of other albums of this band, I think) in classic rock mind. But I think, it's not a typical classic rock album for this. I can sense it from the music compositions that vary dynamically. "Moonshine Rider" is an energetic rock opened with nice piece combined with piano. The bass playing so dynamic and sets the tune of the track. Lawton voice is really top class. He's a true rocker. This track rocks!

"Blind Boy" to me is a typical mainstream classic rock music with a bit of rock'n'roll. But .. don't get me wrong because when it enters the interlude, there is a prog bit here. Something that not every classic rock band has ever created. "Broken Toys" is nice, especially in its melody. Excellent acoustic guitar. The chorus reminds me on my childhood.

"Fugitive" is one of my favorites in this album. Opened with a stormy and rain sound followed by dynamic bass guitar playing and then vocals part. This track has caused my adrenalin to explode! I mean it. Listen to how the bass guitar is played throughout the entire track; great keyboard playing, and observe how Lawton sings . uuuuhhh . very nice! Galileo! I cannot afford not to repeat this track mannn .. It rocks the world! The track ends nicely with solo keyboard.

"Natural Born Mover" is another high energy and nice track. Again, bass playing is great throughout the track. And also the guitar that creates nice sound distortion. Solo guitar at the interlude part is great, backed by nice piano and keyboard sound. This track is bit complicated but very nice.

The last two tracks "Free Hooker" and "Yesterday's Ideal" are also excellent. Again, look at how dynamic the bass guitar part is! These two tracks, probably, that justify this album categorized under prog rock scheme. What is prog, anyway? But these two tracks are top class! "Yesterday's Ideals" has a very nice narration voice at intro part.

Overall, for those of you who like a high energy, upbeat prog music, this probably fits you. Caution only for those who love mellow neo prog that might not like this album. For me personally (I love neo and symp prog) this album is top class! What do you think? - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#28933) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 03, 2004

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Yesterday's Ideals

Leaving behind the overtly progressive approach of Banquet, Lucifer's Friend returned once more to a more straightforward Rock sound with Mind Exploding. The album most similar to this one is I'm Just A Rock 'N' Roll Singer from a couple of years earlier and, like that album, Mind Exploding features shorter and more Rock-based songs. The band still utilizes assorted keyboards, brass and female backing vocals, but all this is more discrete here than on Banquet. The Heavy Metal sound of the first two albums is still absent, however.

Structurally similar to I'm Just A Rock 'N' Roll Singer, about half of the material here is very strong and the rest is a little bit too far towards Rock 'N' Roll for my tastes. Moonshine Rider is a strong opener and semi-progressive, semi-ballads like Broken Toys and Yesterday's Ideals are really great songs that wouldn't be too out of place on the band's better albums. Blind Boy and Natural Born Mover are straightforward Rock 'N' Roll songs with little or nothing to impress. Fugitive is a funky rocker with a nice synthesiser solo, but overall not too interesting. Free Hooker is the album's longest track and possibly its most progressive and best song. Anyway, the best songs comes at the end with Free Hooker and Yesterday's Ideals taking pride of place.

Mind Exploding is hardly Lucifer's Friend's best album, but neither is it their worst. It is a very good addition to any collection that already holds the essential Banquet, Where There Groupies Killed The Blued and the self-titled debut.

Recommended!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#262231) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 23, 2010

Review by snobb
3 stars My first Lucifer's Friend album was their debut I listened some decades ago, and I was really impressed, even remember its dirty-grey vinyl cover till now....

"Mind Exploding" is different album. John Lawton is great vocalist, and other musicians are really competent, so this album is a well made better-then-average straight forward heavy rock one. Excellent melodies, perfect arrangements - all the best from mid 70-s fantastic heavy rock era. Listening to this album I just returning back to that time - and it was a time!

But - in sense of progressive rock this album is far not a best example. Taking its position somewhere between Uriah Heep and Deep Purple, supported by great vocals and good musicians, this work is really good example of rock'n'roll growing to heavy rock. Rainbow early works are released yet, so it's another point of direction for album's music.

Compositions are energetic, short and heavy. Shooting right to the target. No place for improvs, rhythm changes or concepts. Play it loud-here and now!

Great heavy rock album for fans of Uriah Heep, Deep Purple or early Rainbow. Not much food for dreamy proggers though.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#293286) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars After the weak and brassy "Banquet", the band reverts to a more rock oriented music. And this is good news but the whole is not very convincing. The orchestrations that can be heard during the energetic opening number are just a confirmation. Alas, the experience will be duplicated.

The problem is that a song as "Blind Boy" shares too much with their previous album and this is really bringing the quality of the work lower. OK: there are some fine background fluting?so what? The riff is also a rip off from the Fab Four.

If you like funky tunes, you might be charmed with "Fugitive". Needless to say that is at the opposite of my taste and that the only action I can recommend is to "press next" to avoid this nightmare. So far, so bad: not one great song to describe.

The most average song from this album is the great rocking "Natural Born Mover". It is quite lost within the maelstrom of the whole offering but it offers some relief at least. Unfortunately, it is followed by the lousy "Free Hooker". Some mix of soul, jazz and potentially rock music. But I can't sand this mix of genres. By no means.

Some Oriental touch for "Broken Toys" is just there to be closer to the model I have just mentioned. This might have been original in the late sixties; but not any longer in 1976 when this "Mind Exploding" was released. My mind was not exploding at all while listening to it? Do we need to fall apart for some table sound? I guess not.

This is just a below average album: two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#386445) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3 stars "Mind Exploding" sees Lucifer's Friend return to shorter and more conventional song structures. That is not to say, however, that they have abandoned prog rock all together. There are still moog solos and interesting instruments like the citarr (or something that sounds like a citarr) John La ... (read more)

Report this review (#39330) | Posted by | Wednesday, July 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, i remember the first time i heard the intro of moonshine rider...it Really took my breath away and i've said to myself that if i ever have the Chance to write a song i will use strings alike this intro(synth strings full Of flanger and some delay)thank god i have already done it and i've ... (read more)

Report this review (#36634) | Posted by | Thursday, June 16, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LUCIFER'S FRIEND "Mind Exploding"