GOOD TIME WARRIOR

Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior album cover

Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Old Man Roller (4:16)
2. Meet You in L.A. (4:03)
3. My Love (5:57)
4. Good Times (4:20)
5. Little Dancer (4:03)
6. Sweet Little Lady (4:38)
7. Gaamblin' Man (4:30)

- Dieter Horns / bass, backing vocals
- Peter Hesslein / guitar, backing vocals
- Herbert Bornhold / drums

Electra, 1978

LUCIFER'S FRIEND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND Good Time Warrior Music

Good Time Warrior/Sneak Me InGood Time Warrior/Sneak Me In
Howling Wolf Records
Good Time WarriorGood Time Warrior
CD-Lucifer's Friend-Banquet~Rock ~Psych - German CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
EX- !! Lucifer's Friend/I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer/1973 Billingsgate LP US $92.36 Buy It Now 17h 30m
Lucifer's Friend ?- Ride The Sky- PORTUGAL 7'' 45RPM Progressive Rock US $50.00 Buy It Now 20h 46m
Lucifer's Friend Vinyl LP US $43.59 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIFER'S FRIEND SNEAK ME IN ORIGINAL SHRINK LP 749 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lucifer's Friend - Mind Exploding (2002) US $25.17 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIFER'S FRIEND MIND EXPLODING CD JEWEL CASE US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIFER'S FRIEND SUMOGRIP CD JEWEL CASE US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PINK MICE In Action German LP Lucifer's Friend psych prog Europa E-456 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lucifer's Friend - Good Time Warrior CD Japan OBI US $99.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND "WHERE THEGROUPIES KILLED BLUES" GERMAN VERTIGO SWIRL 1ST PRESS US $41.00 [6 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER USA PRESSING 1974 EX-/EX+ US $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND SNEAK ME IN USA PROMOTIONAL COPY 1980 EX/EX US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND WHERE THE GROUPIES KILLED THE BLUES 1975 RARE VINYL LP PROMO US $9.99 [0 bids]
7"-Single LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Sneak Me In / Foxy Lady (1980) GERMANY PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
7"-Single LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Hobo (1972) MINT GERMANY PS JOHN LAWTON URIAH HEEP US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
EX/EX- !! Lucifer's Friend/The Devil's Touch/1976 Fontana LP/German Issue US $73.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior LP, , Promo Elektra 6E-159 Very Good Plus (VG US $12.77 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND, Mean Machine (Promo) LP US $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock 'n' Roll Singer LP John Lawton Uriah Heep US US $33.58 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucifer's Friend -1974-Billingsgate-LP- Rock - "I'm Just a Rock 'N' Roll Singer" US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Lp NM Where the Groupies Killed the Blues 1975 US $5.00 [0 bids]
Lucifer's Friend vinyl LP record ...Where The Groupies Killed The Blues CAN US $48.61 Buy It Now 4 days
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior MINI LP CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lucifer's Friend 7" Ride The Sky / Horla PS Portugal Krautrock Kosmische Musik US $49.99 [0 bids]
Lucifer's Friend- Mind Exploding & Banquest HARD ROCK 8-TRACK US $7.00 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND~I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER~MINT~EVERYBODY'S CLOWN~~ ROCK 45 US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER's FRIEND Original VINYL 1978 USA MINT good time warrior 1.press US $35.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Where The Groupies Killed The Blues LP RARE PSYCH on PASSPORT US $7.99 [0 bids]
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Banquet 8-Track - Brand New/Sealed!!! US $3.95 [0 bids]
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior 1st 1978 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Steam Cleaned US $36.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Banquet Passport 98012 Lucifer's Friend US $9.99 [0 bids]
Lucifer s Friend in shrink LP Sneak Me In US $9.75 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER`S FRIEND / GOOD TIME WARRIOR US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND ~ WHERE THE GROUPIES killed VINYL LP ~ RARE VG++ STERLING US $29.77 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND ~ I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER / EVERYBODY'S CLOWN ~ ROCK 45 US $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Lucifer's Friend Promo LP with original record sleeve-SNEAK ME IN US $22.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Lucifer's Friend Where Groupies Killed The Blues LP Original Prog Psych US US $17.95 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND: Ol' Man Roller/Writing On The Wall metal NM vinyl US $20.00 Buy It Now 8 days
One More Night/John Lawton/Uriah Heep/Lucifer's Friend US $35.00 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Good Time Warrior SEALED ORIG USA 1978 LP US $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Lucifer's Friend - Ride The Sky 7" Krautrock Turkish Edition Rare US $35.00 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER 1974 LP Billingsgate 1008 NM/NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND banquet PROMO LP NM 1975 passport john lawton uriah heep US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior Red Label, Near Mint, CLEAN, A+ SOUND! US $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Good Time Warrior CD MINI LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 9 days
0146 VISION LUCIFERīS FRIEND PAGAN RITUAL ANDY BEAMONT RUSSELL BONNELL 1983 EP. US $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Lucifer's Friend / Where the Groupies Killed the Blues / White label promo US $32.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND WHERE THE GROUPIES KILLED THE BLUES CD JEWEL CASE US $11.99 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND i'm just a rock n roll singer LP VG+ BG-1008 WLP Promo 1974 US $22.50 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND The Devil's Touch LP German Hard Rock, LP: MINT- on Fontana US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND NEW CD US $45.45 Buy It Now 9 days
Lucifer's Friend / Lucifer's CD US $33.05 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND good time warrior LP Mint- 6E 159 Vinyl 1978 Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Lucifer's Friend [CD New] US $35.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Lucifer's Friend - I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer LP s US $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND Banquet RARE Heavy Prog HARD ROCK Jazz GERMAN Glam Art US $20.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Lucifer`s Friend - Sneak Me In US $18.00 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND THE DEVIL'S TOUCH VINTAGE VINYL RECORD US $16.99 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - RIDE THE SKY / HORLA 7" TURKISH MONO US $50.00 Buy It Now 11 days
CD-Lucifer's Friend-Where The Groupies progress euro hard~Rock ~Psych US $17.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Lucifer's Friend S/T LP Vinyl RE US $59.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Lucifer's Friend Banquet 1974 NM/VG+ Record Jazz Prog Rock Passport PPSD 98012 US $47.40 Buy It Now 11 days
LUCIFERīS FRIEND SNEAK ME IN PORTUGAL LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Lucifer's Friend in shrink & cut US $6.50 Buy It Now 12 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - OLD MAN ROLLER - MY LOVE 7/45 PORTUGAL ELEKTRA N MINT 1979 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Lucifer's Friend-Billingsgate-I'm just a rock & roll Sr US $30.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - RIDE THE SKY / HORLA 7" TURKISH RARE MONO US $200.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - LUCIFER'S FRIEND - NEW CD US $33.00 Buy It Now 12 days
ASTERIX - S/T 70 ex- GERMAN BONDS ELECTRIC FOOD pre LUCIFER'S FRIEND ROCK SLD CD US $21.95 Buy It Now 13 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'M JUST A ROCK 'N' ROLL SINGER - BILLINGSGATE RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 13 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - SNEAK ME IN - WHITE LABEL PROMO ELEKTRA LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
VINYL LP Lucifer's Friend - Good Time Warrior Elektra 6E-159 KrautRock US $10.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Lucifer's Friend Banguet CD MINI LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 14 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND NM- I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer LP US $22.95 Buy It Now 14 days
Lucifer's Friend Old Man Roller - Love 7" German Edition US $10.00 Buy It Now 14 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND banquet LP Record 1975 RARE US $37.50 Buy It Now 14 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND mean machine LP Record 1981 RARE VG US $22.50 Buy It Now 14 days
Lucifer's Friend - Where The Groupies Killed The Blues - MINI LP CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 15 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND 'STARDANCER' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $13.42 Buy It Now 15 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND "I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer" LP Billingsgate Records BG-1008 US $12.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Lucifer's Friend - Sneak Me In - LP Record/Vinyl 1980 Elektra/Asylum Rec. 6E-265 US $12.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Lucifer's Friend - Good Time Warrior LP Record/Vinyl Elektra/Asylum Rec. 6E-159 US $16.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Lucifer's Friend [Vinyl New] US $46.58 Buy It Now 16 days
Lucifer's Friend Where the Groupies Killed the Blues ARCHIVE MASTER Steam Cleand US $46.80 Buy It Now 16 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Mind Exploding ; Psych / Prog LP - Original 1976 Promo! - US $59.00 Buy It Now 16 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Lucifer's Friend- Good Time Warrior- Elektra ?-6E-159/LP US $24.98 Buy It Now 16 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Lucifer's Friend- Good Time Warrior- Elektra ?-6E-159/LP US $21.98 Buy It Now 16 days
lucifer's friend-pasportppsd98008-when the groupies w/insert US $32.00 Buy It Now 16 days
? Lucifer's Friend - Good Time Warrior (Elektra 6E-159) ('78) US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND NEW VINYL US $54.43 Buy It Now 16 days
Lucifer's Friend "Mean Machine" 1981 Metal/Rock LP, VG+, Promo White Labels US $12.95 Buy It Now 16 days
VISION tears idle tears/lucifer's friend 12 P 320 uk prt 12" PS EX/EX US $25.17 Buy It Now 16 days
Rock Sealed LP VISION Lucifer's Friend on Quality US $20.00 Buy It Now 16 days
LUCIFER'S friend BANQUET 1974 PASSPORT KRAUTROCK PROG LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Lucifer's Friend Mean Machine vinyl LP 1981 Elektra Records white label US $16.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Banquet LP (RARE German Import on VERTIGO) US $29.99 Buy It Now 17 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'm Just a Rock 'n' Roll Singer LP (RARE US Press, in Shrink) US $34.99 Buy It Now 17 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Where the Groupies Killed the Blues LP (Canadian Import) US $29.99 Buy It Now 17 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND S/T Japan Original LP with INSERT G/F US $149.99 Buy It Now 17 days

More places to buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND music online Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LUCIFER'S FRIEND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LUCIFER'S FRIEND Good Time Warrior ratings distribution

LUCIFER'S FRIEND Good Time Warrior reviews

Review by b_olariu
2 stars Lucifer's Fried albums was not very well known to larger public, besides 'Where The Groupies Killed The Blues and Banquet, the best albums they ever done, the rest of their catalogue is rather good towards mediocre releases. Banquet to me was their peak in manner of composing, after this one they lost that great progressive arrangements to a more mainstream rock even AOR in the end of the '70's early '80's. Good time warrior released in 1978 have a new vocalist Mike Starrs from Colosseum II fame, replacing the great and unforgetable voice of John Lawton, finding his new home in a more well known band Uriah Heep. Mike Stars has a perfect voice for this new aproach of the band in musical terms, AOR with some mainstream hard rock. To say the truth only one pieces worth the album to be heared, is the last tune, the longest named Warriors, nearly 11 mi of good music , like in old Lucifer's Friend. The rest of the pieces are medicre at best, nothing intristing just good to be puted on radio. Bands like Jourbey, Toto , Forigner will be pleased to here this new tunes from a band that was a real progressive rock band in his early years. So 2 stars for this album maybe another half star added for Warriors track because the rest is forgetable at best.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#376138) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 08, 2011

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Let's be honest with this band: their debut album was excellent, their sophomore was quite good and what came after was rather (below) average). Their sixth album is of no better texture as far as I am concerned.

Totally AOR and FM oriented, there are hardly anything great to retain from this work. Some nicely rock balanced song of which the best one is "Meet You In L.A." ("Sweet Little Lady" is another good old rock track to be fair).

Some superb guitar intro is featured during "My Love" but it is totally ruined with the predictable vocals. Of course, Lawton is not there any longer but neither him could have saved the bill of the former albums; so?

To listen all the way through to this work is not of a great musical reward to be honest. Most of the songs are quite dull and are quite "press next" oriented ("Good Times", "Gaambling Man").

The best piece of music is probably the long closing "Warriors". It holds some fine instrumental sections (the middle "Bolero" type is good). Superb guitar all the way through and for once, decent vocals are topping a rather convincing track.

Still, the whole of this album sounds quite weak. I wouldn't think of a higher rating than two stars for such a work.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#386446) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review by Gatot
2 stars After a successful album (my view) 'Mind Exploding' (1976) John Lawton left the band to join Uriah Heep. Mike Starrs, previously with Colosseum II, joined the band and recorded two albums 'Good Time Warrior' (1978) and 'Sneak Me In' (1980). When I purchased the cassette of Good Time Warrior I was shocked knowing the band changed its direction into much more commercial approach. I thought it was a good strategy as Mike Starrs voice quality more appropriate to this kind of straight rock or AOR kind of music. There is no longer stunning and long guitar solo backed with solid bass lines like the one I could hear in previous albums. Unfortunately the album did not reach commercial success either.

That's the story of the band and let's talk about the music. Despite the change in musical direction, the Lucifer's Friend name had already big when this sixth studio album was released. I was so fortunate could buy this album in the year of its release even though I lived in a small town, Madiun of Indonesia East Java. To me this cassette meant so much as everyday I always visited the cassette stores in town to check new release of rock band at that time. I purchased the cassette of Good Time Warrior without asking how the music was because I trusted that something from Lucifer's Friend must be good. Overwhelmed by that big name I forced myself to like it. In fact one of the radio stations kept playing track number 2 "Meet You in L.A." (4:03) and also the third track "My Love" (5:57) was featured in compilation cassette well known and popular in my country at that time called Dream Express 2. What a great time.

Of course, this album is for collector or die hard fans of Lucifer's Friend. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#523669) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2 stars Beside this disk, I have only heard 'Where The Groupies Killed The Blues' (which I like a lot) by this German band (these 2 albums can be compared like Queen's Hot Space vs. A Night At The Opera). And I must admit Good Time Warrior has nothing to match the earlier album. The style of Warrior ... (read more)

Report this review (#121615) | Posted by Yurkspb2 | Friday, May 11, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LUCIFER'S FRIEND "Good Time Warrior"