LAR DE MARAVILHAS

Casa Das Máquinas

Casa Das Máquinas Lar de Maravilhas album cover

Buy CASA DAS MÁQUINAS Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Vou Morar No Ar (3:33)
2. Lar De Maravilhas (6:15)
3. Liberdade Espacial (2:22)
4. Astralização (5:29)
5. Cilindro Cônico (5:01)
6. Vale Verde (6:55)
7. Raios De Lua (2:59)
8. Epidemia De Rock (3:02)
9. O Sol/Reflexo Ativo (7:55)

Search CASA DAS MÁQUINAS Lar de Maravilhas lyrics

Search CASA DAS MÁQUINAS Lar de Maravilhas tabs

- Netinho / drums & percussion
- Simbas / guitars, vocals
- João Alberto / bass and vocals
- Pisca / guitars, vocals
- Marinho / piano, piano fender, minimoog

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

CASA DAS MÁQUINAS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CASA DAS MÁQUINAS Lar de Maravilhas Music

More places to buy CASA DAS MÁQUINAS music online Buy CASA DAS MÁQUINAS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CASA DAS MÁQUINAS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CASA DAS MÁQUINAS Lar de Maravilhas ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(32%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

CASA DAS MÁQUINAS Lar de Maravilhas reviews

Review by Steve Hegede
3 stars I've been unable to find information on this Brazilian prog band, but I can say that they seemed to have been influenced by early GENESIS, and YES. The music never gets too complex, and the songs range from excellent to poor ("What the hell were they thinking when they wrote this crap?"). I wouldn't call this a classic, but "Lar De Maravilhas" is a decent prog album.

Send comments to Steve Hegede (BETA) | Report this review (#29005) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 21, 2004

Review by Prog-Brazil
3 stars Casa das Máquinas (house of machines) is an art-rock band (in my opinion). They recorded three Long plays. I think it is the best of Casa, I means, it's the most progressive. The best song is "Vale Verde". The last one, "O Sol/Reflexo Ativo" is very good music, but with very poor lyric. "Vou Morar No Ar" and " Lar De Maravilhas" is very good too. Other songs are a mix of progressive and rock and roll. Well, three stars: not the best, but very good album, with instrumental passages, beautiful melodies and good rock and roll!

Send comments to Prog-Brazil (BETA) | Report this review (#29011) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars Most of the tracks on this album feature an ear-pleasing combination of electric piano and moog, with the former giving a slightly celestial feeling and the latter inevitably marking this as a ‘heavy’ band. Which they are really, based on their other studio albums. This appears to be the most reserved studio work by the band, and even here there are a couple of tracks where the boys kick up their heels a bit.

I don’t actually know anyone who knows much about this Brazilian band, but their albums all seem to be available on CD, so they must have a fan base somewhere. There aren’t too many Portuguese-language symphonic bands in my collection, mostly because I don’t know the language and I’m one of those music fans who likes to know what someone is singing about.

But that’s not particularly important on this album since the themes are fairly obvious, and none of them are overly deep or complex.

Like the band’s debut, this album treads pretty wide territory, ranging from symphonic to light psych to heavy rock, and even to pop ala ELO or the Beatles (“Epidemia De Rock”).

Most of the tracks though are fairly heavy on keyboards, and like so many South American bands, most also feature copious amounts of plucked acoustic guitar. The one exception is also the best track on the album – “O Sol Reflexo Ativo” (er…, something about the Sun). This one opens with a lengthy piano and acoustic guitar intro that is accompanied by some spoken-word ramblings, presumably about the Sun given the title. After a quasi-psychedelic transition of the voice and keyboards using digital manipulation, the moog and electric guitar come in for three or four minutes of extended instrumental noodling that is actually quite engaging as it slowly builds to a rather frenzied pitch before an abrupt drum roll and crashing cymbal bring it all to a finish. Like the rest of the album, there is nothing new, innovative, or particularly complex here, but I get a distinct sense of upbeat energy being exhibited by the musicians, and I’ve managed to play this a half-dozen times or so and find new little nuances, particularly in the acoustic guitar and piano, that catch my attention and make me think these guys put an honest effort into this collection of tunes.

This isn’t a masterpiece by any means, but it is a pretty decent record, and recommended to those who enjoy acoustic guitar with their seventies keyboards, and very loose arrangements that are pretty much devoid of the typical blues or jazz stylings one could expect from this time period and geographic location. Three stars is reasonable.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#120854) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 05, 2007

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars After their eponymous debut album, here's Brasilian five piece band Casa Das Maquinas their second effort. The sound is warm, alternating and in general rooted in the Seventies progressive rock tradition but with some surprising sidesteps. We can enjoy symphonic prog in the tracks Astralizacao (wonderful keyboards and Hackett-like gutiar work), Vale Verde (fluent rhythm and again beautiful keyboard play) and O Sol (moving Grand piano intro and a great grand finale with howling guitar and powerful organ). It's rock and roll time in Libertade Espacial (raw guitar and fat synthesizer sound) and Epidemia De Rock (strong organ solo and fiery guitar), mellow acoustic guitar play in Raios De Lua and lots of shifting moods and nice musical ideas (like flamenco guitar) in the titletrack, the absolute highlight of this pleasant and melodic CD.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#121073) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 07, 2007

Review by CCVP
4 stars A painfully underrated quintessential album of brazilian progressive rock (with hippie thematics)

At their second album, the band Casa das Máquinas dropped almost completely the hard rock (almost because the second to last song is a hard rock song) and went to explore the experimental and psychedelic side of music that was blossoming in the 70's (specially the mid 70's here in Brazil), probably influenced by Os Mutantes and O Terço. Besides Lar das Maravilhas being a good album, it never received all the attention it should, and that is probably because the brazilian prog giants released their albums in the same year (or almost in the same year) as Casa das Máquinas released Lar das Maravilhas: O Terço released Criaturas da Noite (their so called magnum opus), Os Mutantes released Tudo foi Feito pelo Sol and Terreno Baldio released their debut, also entitled Terreno Baldio.

In this album, as i said before, they went for a more experimental and psychedelic approach, concerning their music. However, at least here in Brazil, the psychedelic stuff had a big deal of hippie influence. That can be seen on almost all of Os Mutantes albums and in this whole album, except the song Epidemia de Rock.

About the songs, musicianship and other features there are some thing i would like to state:

Casa das Máquinas don't show us any sign of extraordinary musicianship in any part of the album. However, the songs don't require any kind of extraordinary musicianship because their most important feature is the feeling. In fact, i can see (or listen, i don't know) here many influences from prog giants like Supertramp, Yes, Os Mutantes (mainly lyric-wise) and Pink Floyd (mainly music-wise). Also, this band is only at PA because of this album and i don't understand why it is classified as prog-related since it has so many clear influences from the crossover and psychedelic prog.

Grade and Final Thoughts

Although i think this albums is unfairly underrated i must be fair and give it a fair grade, according with my feelings. I really wanted to give it the 5 stars grade, but it is simply not worthy. It hurts me to say, but this is a 4 stars album.

Send comments to CCVP (BETA) | Report this review (#184063) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
3 stars Casa Das Máquinas was always a weird affair for me. Being Brazilian we always got this as one of our Prog Bands, but in fact, most of the time, they're not that Prog, being more a Hard Rock kind of band.

Lar De Maravilhas (1975) is their most Prog album tough. If I would analyse only the music of the album, this would be a 4 stars without much thinking. But the fact is, I can understand the lyrics...

When it comes to the lyrics, Casa Das Máquinas was always lame, and it's no different here. I understand the surreal colors in many Prog Rock albums, and I like that. But it came all twisted to this band and they're singing about 'Conic Cilinders', 'Astralizations', 'Rays Of Moon' and 'Active Reflex' too much, too much. Will not even mention the 'Rock Epidemy'.

If you can't understand Portuguese it's a great album tough.

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#557296) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 25, 2011

5 stars This is their best effort! A truly prog gem! Great album! So beautiful! Liberdade Espacial and Vale Verde are the best tracks, but all are wonderful. The Lyrics are a mix of non-sense, heavy drugs in the vein (lol) and some esoteric/spiritual. Of course you have to be familiar to the portugue ... (read more)

Report this review (#114502) | Posted by Marcelo Xanadu | Thursday, March 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CASA DAS MÁQUINAS "Lar de Maravilhas"