STRANGER HEADS PREVAIL

- Ben Karas / Violin
- Ellis Jasenovic / Saxophone
- Andrew Digrius / Trumpet

July 29, 2016
Format: CD, Digital, Vinyl (Limited Edition 2 Yellow LP's)
Label: Evil Ink Records

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition

THANK YOU SCIENTIST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THANK YOU SCIENTIST Stranger Heads Prevail Music

Stranger Heads Prevail [2 LP]Stranger Heads Prevail [2 LP]
Evil Ink 2016
Vinyl$22.96
Stranger Heads PrevailStranger Heads Prevail
JVC 2016

THANK YOU SCIENTIST - STRANGER HEADS PREVAIL [DIGIPAK] * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $8.82 Buy It Now 3 days
THANK YOU SCIENTIST - STRANGER HEADS PREVAIL [DIGIPAK] * NEW CD USD $12.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Stranger Heads Prevail [Digipak] by Thank You Scientist (CD, Evil Ink) USED USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THANK YOU SCIENTIST-STRANGER HEADS PREVAIL (DIG) CD NEW USD $12.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Stranger Heads Prevail THANK YOU SCIENTIST CD USD $28.78 Buy It Now 6 days
THANK YOU SCIENTIST-STRANGER HEADS PREVAIL-JAPAN CD F56 USD $25.50 Buy It Now 8 days
THANK YOU SCIENTIST Stranger Heads Prevail + 2 JAPAN CD Coheed And Cambria USD $28.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Stranger Heads Prevail by Thank You Scientist (Vinyl, Jul-2016, 2 Discs, Evil... USD $21.96 Buy It Now 10 days
Stranger Heads Prevail - Thank You Scientist 881034113900 (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.84 Buy It Now 13 days
THANK YOU SCIENTIST STRANGER HEADS PREVAIL 2 RECORD ALBUM VINYL LP GREEN VINYL USD $30.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Thank You Scientist - Stranger Heads Prevail [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $12.87 Buy It Now 17 days
Thank You Scientist - Stranger Heads Prevail [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $11.84 Buy It Now 18 days
Stranger Heads Prevail [Digipak] by Thank You Scientist. USD $11.85 Buy It Now 19 days
Stranger Heads Prevail [Digipak] by Thank You Scientist (CD, Jul-2016, Evil Ink) USD $8.92 Buy It Now 19 days
Thank You Scientist - Stranger Heads Prevail [New Vinyl] Gatefold LP Jacket USD $24.88 Buy It Now 25 days
Thank You Scientist Stranger Heads Prevail g/f vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $46.40 Buy It Now 25 days
Stranger Heads Prevail [Digipak] by Thank You Scientist (CD, Jul-2016, Evil Ink) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 27 days
THANK YOU SCIENTIST-STRANGER HEADS PREVAIL (GATE) VINYL LP NEW USD $27.69 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THANK YOU SCIENTIST music online Buy THANK YOU SCIENTIST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THANK YOU SCIENTIST Stranger Heads Prevail ratings distribution

THANK YOU SCIENTIST Stranger Heads Prevail reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
5 stars It took until 2016 for the next album, during which time they got a new bassist and violinist, but even though some personnel had changed they stayed true to what they had been producing on their previous works. They even started this one with an a capella introduction as they had with the last. Again we are being treated to a band that want to mix so many different styles and musical influences that it is superfluous to even mention them, but when Coheed and Cambria lay down next to Frank Zappa who is cosying up to Mars Volta, then one knows that one is in the presence of something quite special indeed. It is fresh, it is exciting, it is invigorating, and most of all it is just great fun to listen to!

This is not a prog band that wants to copy either Genesis, King Crimson, VDGG or Yes, but instead what to get out there and make a name for themselves performing the music they want, and no matter what everyone else may think of it. Interestingly, the vast majority of progheads who have come across their music think that they are amazing, so how come they aren't more well-known? Certainly they had missed me by totally, of which the only advantage I can think of is that now I know about them I have a few hours' worth of music to discover instead of just one album. That they can mix this complexity and intricacy in a way that makes it so easy to listen to is an art in itself, and something that very few bands ever manage. Full of light and shade, dynamics aplenty, this is an incredibly exciting album and one that I could listen to all day. Each time I play it I make more discoveries, with each musician being an integral part to the musical whole. If, like me, this amazing band had passed you by, then now is the time to discover some of the most interesting music you will find in the current prog scene.

5 stars I first encountered Thank You Scientist when they were opening for Haken in Glendale, CA. I'd never heard of them, despite their growing acclaim. Their set is one of the best shows I've seen and going into it blind was an incredible experience. This review isn't about their set though, it's about th ... (read more)

Report this review (#1704489) | Posted by baantacron | Thursday, March 23, 2017 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Wow... I have to say that this sounds as though we are having a prog history lesson. All of prog artists and subgenres get a nod here some how, from Yes, Gentle Giant, Frank Zappa to the Mars Volta. And still, this band manages to sound original, which makes it even more incredible. I really enj ... (read more)

Report this review (#1699107) | Posted by chuckyfunk | Monday, March 6, 2017 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is my first review on this site. I've been reading reviews and getting a lot of good guidance for years, so finally joined! And this couldn't be a better first album for me to review. I actually just ran across TYS from a FB post from The Prog Report listing their top 15 albums of 2016, and ... (read more)

Report this review (#1665099) | Posted by Yeshead1 | Wednesday, December 7, 2016 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It was in the air. I had quite for some time found myself listening - without real satisfaction - to lots of different band and artists, some well enstablished and others quite unknown; I was in search of something new to listen, a kind of thing that happens when you are a good music fan. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1640035) | Posted by Il Bambinello | Sunday, November 6, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THANK YOU SCIENTIST "Stranger Heads Prevail"