GUIDANCE

Search RUSSIAN CIRCLES Guidance tabs

- Mike Sullivan / guitars
- Brian Cook / bass guitar
- Dave Turncrantz / drums

LP Sargent House SH 159 (2016 US)
CD Sargent House SH 158 (2016 US)

Artwork: Ben Chisholm

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

RUSSIAN CIRCLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSSIAN CIRCLES Guidance Music

GuidanceGuidance
Sargent House 2016

Guidance - Circles Russian Compact Disc USD $17.60 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Russian Circles - Guidance [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $13.35 Buy It Now 19h 51m
Russian Circles - Guidance [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $20.64 Buy It Now 19h 55m
Guidance [LP] * by Russian Circles (Vinyl, Aug-2016, Sargent House) USD $25.85 Buy It Now 1 day
RUSSIAN CIRCLES-GUIDANCE-JAPAN CD F30 USD $24.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Russian Circles - Guidance [New Vinyl] Digital Download USD $21.65 Buy It Now 3 days
Russian Circles - Guidance [New Vinyl] Digital Download USD $34.48 Buy It Now 3 days
RUSSIAN CIRCLES - Guidance - Vinyl (gatefold LP) USD $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
RUSSIAN CIRCLES - GUIDANCE CD NEW+ USD $26.46 Buy It Now 7 days
New Music Record Russian Circles "Guidance" LP USD $30.67 Buy It Now 8 days
Guidance - Russian Circles 634457721029 (CD Used Like New) USD $11.35 Buy It Now 9 days
Guidance * by Russian Circles (CD, Aug-2016, Sargent House) USD $10.41 Buy It Now 9 days
Russian Circles ?- Guidance SEALED Sargent House ?SH159 VINYL LP USD $20.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Russian Circles Guidance LP NEW vinyl USD $21.95 Buy It Now 12 days
RUSSIAN CIRCLES - GUIDANCE [DIGIPAK] * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.08 Buy It Now 16 days
RUSSIAN CIRCLES - GUIDANCE [DIGIPAK] * NEW CD USD $15.64 Buy It Now 16 days
Guidance - Circles Russian Vinyl USD $26.57 Buy It Now 16 days
RUSSIAN CIRCLES - GUIDANCE VINYL LP + MP3 NEW+ USD $42.32 Buy It Now 17 days
Russian Circles - Guidance LP NEW USD $21.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Russian Circles Guidance 1st Press Translucent Brown Limited Vinyl LP Pelican USD $24.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Guidance * by Russian Circles. USD $13.36 Buy It Now 22 days
Guidance * by Russian Circles (Vinyl, Aug-2016, Sargent House) USD $18.72 Buy It Now 26 days
Russian Circles - Guidance (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $19.64 Buy It Now 26 days
RUSSIAN CIRCLES-GUIDANCE CD NEW USD $38.59 Buy It Now 27 days
Guidance - Russian Circles - Vinyl LP - New USD $28.44 Buy It Now 27 days
Russian Circles Guidance LP sealed vinyl USD $21.98 Buy It Now 28 days
Guidance - Russian Circles - CD USD $25.10 Buy It Now 28 days
RUSSIAN CIRCLES Guidance DYMC-268 CD JAPAN 2016 NEW USD $58.55 Buy It Now 29 days
Guidance - Russian Circles - CD - New USD $18.84 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy RUSSIAN CIRCLES music online Buy RUSSIAN CIRCLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RUSSIAN CIRCLES Guidance ratings distribution

RUSSIAN CIRCLES Guidance reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars From the first minutes of this album I was convinced that this is a return to form for Russian Circles and I was not disappointed! Russian Circles have been a favorite of mine for quite some time. Even if the trio from Chicago haven't been able to deliver a perfect string of records, even their lesser moments are well worth experiencing.

I really liked the opening track Asa which is then perfectly complemented by Vorel. Unlike the intro on Memorial, which felt way too short and it's transition into Deficit felt abrupt, Asa takes it's time and delivers one of the band's best intros which can only be matched by the excellence of Campaign on Station. The transition into Vorel is seamless and the track that we are presented with is another marvelous piece of music that reminds me of Harper Lewis from, yet again, Station. Mota brings us a moment of sheer beauty as the track slowly unravels itself into another mix of melancholy and sheer power.

I'm really liking the fact that these compositions are slightly longer than most of material on Memorial, thus making the track flow feel more natural and the performances seem almost effortless. Africa is a perfect example of just that. The track commences slowly while feeling very structured in it's delivery as we are treated to a beautiful sounding landscape of musical harmony. The composition shifts into minor scale halfway thought the track and transitions in a completely different beast before returning to it's humble beginnings towards the end, what an excellent piece of music!

Just like Mota, Overboard works as another transitional piece that brings the record even more beauty as we slowly transition towards the final two tracks of Guidance. Calla is a heavy composition that introduces itself in the orderly fashion as we are treated to another pleasant landscape filled with electric guitar and hard hitting percussion work. Lisboa finishes the record off nicely with another slow and atmospheric piece which reminds me, yet again(!), of the ending to Station.

The question that I've pondered on, after giving Guidance a few spins, is whether the record is meant as a follow up to Station. The album does indeed feature quite a few callbacks to one of the finest records of 2008 but I wouldn't really say that the connection is entirely justified. The band have undergone quite a few different milestones during the last 8 years and thus have many different influences to draw it's inspiration from. There is definitely an ambition with Guidance to create another coherent record, which is something that Russian Circles have managed to do in the past with Empros and especially Station. Therefore the connection to Station is more in spirit than in execution. Either way, this is another excellent album from Russian Circles that should not be missed by fans of instrumental rock music!

***** star songs: Asa (4:00) Vorel (5:29) Afrika (6:31)

**** star songs: Mota (6:33) Overboard (5:32) Calla (6:23) Lisboa (6:32)

5 stars Before I even start talking about this album I should start by saying that for me Empros was, and simply speaking still is, the best album ever in the genre. And by "genre" I do not necessarily mean post metal (as in that case it would of course invite a lot of strong contenders), instead I mean som ... (read more)

Report this review (#1608120) | Posted by Porcupineapple | Wednesday, September 7, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSSIAN CIRCLES "Guidance"