LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN

Buy KATATONIA Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Dispossession (5:36)
2. Chrome (5:14)
3. We Must Bury You (2:50)
4. Teargas (3:23)
5. I Transpire (5:56)
6. Tonight's Music (4:20)
7. Clean Today (4:23)
8. The Future of Speech (5:40)
9. Passing Bird (3:38)
10. Sweet Nurse (3:57)
11. Don't Tell a Soul (5:42)

Search KATATONIA Last Fair Deal Gone Down lyrics

Search KATATONIA Last Fair Deal Gone Down tabs

Jonas Renkse - Vocals
Anders Nystrom - Guitar, Keyboards, Mellotron
Fred Norrman - Guitar
Mattias Norrman - Bass
Daniel Liljekvist - Drums

Recorded and mixed at Sunlight Studio, Stockholm in various moments during April - November 2000.
Released by Peaceville Records.

Thanks to Prog Sothoth for the addition

KATATONIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KATATONIA Last Fair Deal Gone Down Music

Last Fair Deal Gone Down ( Anniversary Edition - 2 Cd Set )Last Fair Deal Gone Down ( Anniversary Edition - 2 Cd Set )
Extra tracks · Special Edition
PEACEVILLE 2017
Last Fair Deal Gone Down by KATATONIA (2004-06-22)Last Fair Deal Gone Down by KATATONIA (2004-06-22)
Peaceville
Last Fair Deal Gone Down : 10th Anniversary (2CD Deluxe ver)Last Fair Deal Gone Down : 10th Anniversary (2CD Deluxe ver)
Snapper

KATATONIA - Last Fair Deal Gone Down - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down CD - Prog Metal USD $2.03 [1 bids]
Last Fair Deal Gone Down [Digipak] [Remaster] KATATONIA CD USD $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Katatonia / Last Fair Deal Gone Down JAPAN Rare!!!!! A USD $47.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Last Fair Deal Gone Down - Katatonia (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.91 Buy It Now 3 days
KATATONIA - LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN CD DIGIPAK 2001 BRAND NEW USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Katatonia-Last Fair Deal Gone Down CD NEW USD $14.70 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! KATATONIA Last Fair Deal Gone Down DIGI CD | LP AGALLOCH FEN NEGURA SOPOR USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KATATONIA - LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $13.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down (2 CD Anniversary Edition) USD $11.97 Buy It Now 5 days
Last Fair Deal Gone Down [Digipak] [Remaster] by Katatonia (CD, May-2004,... USD $7.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Katatonia - Katatonia : Last Fair Deal Gone Down [New CD] Anniversary Edition USD $12.48 Buy It Now 6 days
Katatonia Last Fair Deal Gone Down CD 2001 Peaceville CDVILE 89 Digipak Original USD $14.95 Buy It Now 7 days
KATATONIA - LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN [DIGIPAK] [REMASTER] NEW CD USD $11.35 Buy It Now 7 days
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down USD $4.06 Buy It Now 8 days
Katatonia: Last Fair Deal Gone Down - Limited Edition 2 CD Set 2011 Digibook NEW USD $11.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down [New CD] UK - Import USD $12.05 Buy It Now 11 days
Katatonia - Katatonia : Last Fair Deal Gone Down [New CD] Anniversary Edition USD $13.75 Buy It Now 11 days
Katatonia-Last Fair Deal Gone Down (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.11 Buy It Now 13 days
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down digipack 2001 Peaceville USD $16.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Last Fair Deal Gone Down by Katatonia USD $16.54 Buy It Now 14 days
KATATONIA - Last Fair Deal Gone Down - CD USEDGOOD USD $12.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Last Fair Deal Gone Down [Bonus Tracks] by Katatonia (Vinyl, Mar-2008, 2... USD $20.31 Buy It Now 15 days
@ CD KATATONIA - LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN / PEACEVILLE 2001 /DOOM METAL DIGIPACK USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Katatonia-Last Fair Deal Gone Down (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.36 Buy It Now 18 days
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down [Vinyl New] USD $23.23 Buy It Now 21 days
Last Fair Deal Gone Down - Katatonia 801056708922 (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Katatonia-Last Fair Deal Gone Down CD NEW USD $12.91 Buy It Now 22 days
KATATONIA - LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN - Org.Ltd.Edition fold-out digipack 2001 - USD $26.99 Buy It Now 23 days
KATATONIA LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN CD NEW USD $6.08 Buy It Now 23 days
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down [New CD] UK - Import USD $9.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Katatonia Last Fair Deal Gone Down vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $44.67 Buy It Now 23 days
KATATONIA "LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN" 2 CD NEW+ USD $23.16 Buy It Now 24 days
katatonia - last fair deal gone down lp USD $23.99 Buy It Now 24 days
KATATONIA LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN + 2 BONUS TRACKS BRAND NEW SEALED CD USD $12.11 Buy It Now 28 days
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down 2011 (NEW CD) USD $13.51 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy KATATONIA music online Buy KATATONIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KATATONIA Last Fair Deal Gone Down ratings distribution

KATATONIA Last Fair Deal Gone Down reviews

5 stars For my tastes this is where KATATONIA finally found their sound and could do no wrong. Yes "Discouraged Ones" will always be one of my top albums by this band but that was a unique album in that it was an incredibly sad record and also a transitionary recording as well, and these are not a negative things at all in my opinion. Everything about this album trumps the previous record "Tonight's Decision". There's better vocals and song writing from Jonas as I feel he has finally hit his potential here. Also the sound here couldn't be better, crystal clear as they say and this is also much more dynamic and powerful as they really do kick some ass on this album. Oh and as a bonus Anders the long time guitarist decided to use mellotron on this record which really adds a lot to the sound. Travis Smith is back doing the cover art and his bleak style fits the music perfectly.

I can't do a top three as eight of the eleven songs on here are incredible and I really like the other three, so yes five stars seems appropriate. "Dispossession" sounds incredible when it kicks into gear before 30 seconds. Such a deep and powerful sound as the guitar starts to solo over top. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in as it settles, mellotron too. Love the contrasts between the powerful and mellow sections. A cool passage starts after 4 minutes with atmosphere and strummed guitar, almost psychedelic sounding then it kicks back in before 5 minutes. Nice. "Chrome" is a great track and probably my favourite. Check out that melancholic guitar intro which is promptly blown away before a minute with power. The drumming impresses here. Reserved vocals and sound 1 1/2 minutes in then it kicks in hard after 2 minutes as the vocals continue. He sings "Burn down my house, make something happen, stab me in the heart... 'cause I'm so distracted, I am slightly shocked by how things keep going like a dead man's clock."

"We Must Bury You" has some disturbing lyrics but man what a great tune. Strummed guitar and vocals lead the way early and we get some mellotron before it kicks in hard before a minute. Jonas sings with passion "We must bury you, we must bury you, we must bury you so deep that none can find you." I skipped writing down the disturbing lyrics from earlier in the song. The contrasts between the powerful and mellow are so good! "Teargas" hits us with an all out assault quickly but it settles down just as fast with reserved vocals. The chorus is intense and moving as Jonas sings "What is it in my eyes, a piece of glass. Is this the time I should be on my knees for you, is this your way telling another has been found. Now I know teargas in my eyes." Gulp.

"I Transpire" hits the ground running then it calms right down after a minute with mellotron, vocals and more. How good is the chorus as it kicks back in. Contrasts continue. He sings "Do they know I'm afraid, so afraid. They depend on my worries so I know I'm awake, I'm right in the circle now, I am with them." Hair-raising imagery. "Tonight's Music" is another good one as they contrast the heavy and mellow sections well. Such a sad tune lyrically but then Jonas has this gift for writing melancholic music. "Clean Today" has some cool lyrics about hope. Some heavy riffs in this one as well which surprised me the first time I heard it.

"The Future Of Speech" opens with mellotron and picked guitar in this atmospheric intro. It kicks in hard with vocals arriving just before a minute. The laid back intro with mellotron returns as this continues to be contrasted with the powerful passages. Guitar only before 4 minutes then it kicks back in. So good as Jonas sings with emotion "A brand new day it can't get worse, hear myself say it can't get worse." "Passing Bird" is different as he tells a story about a girl. A melodic and mid-paced tune with the focus on the relaxed vocals. I really dig the lyrics, mellotron and depth of sound here. "Sweet Nurse" is another good story about a girl. I'm touched by this one and I really like the chorus, it's so uplifting. "Don't Tell A Soul" ends it and it starts with laid back guitar, bass and a beat as the mellotron joins in. Riffs follow around a minute in then vocals. I like the drumming here and the ripping guitar before 4 minutes as the vocals stop. Riffs and vocals return around 5 minutes in.

A top three album for me for 2001. A really good place to start as well in my opinion with this band.

Post a review of KATATONIA "Last Fair Deal Gone Down"