I.O.U. LIVE (1985)

- Jimmy Johnson / bass
- Chad Wackerman / drums
- Paul Williams / vocals

Cd. Purple Pyramid CLP 9970

ALLAN HOLDSWORTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALLAN HOLDSWORTH I.O.U. Live (1985) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
All Night WrongAll Night Wrong
I.O.U.I.O.U.
Metal FatigueMetal Fatigue
SecretsSecrets
Allan Holdsworth 2011
Against The Clock: The Best Of Allan HoldsworthAgainst The Clock: The Best Of Allan Holdsworth
Remastered
Alternity Records 2005
Road GamesRoad Games
Imports 2014
None Too SoonNone Too Soon
Moonjune Records 2012
Hard Hat AreaHard Hat Area
Moonjune Records 2012

More places to buy ALLAN HOLDSWORTH music online Buy ALLAN HOLDSWORTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALLAN HOLDSWORTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALLAN HOLDSWORTH I.O.U. Live (1985) ratings distribution

ALLAN HOLDSWORTH I.O.U. Live (1985) reviews

Review by Dick Heath
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock Specialist
3 stars Yet another of those albums Holdsworth never wanted released (rumour has has it he wasn't asked) and this apparently drove the wedge in, further separating him and Paul Williams (not to be confused with the American actor singer). This was originally the sound track of Japan-only laserdisc, which found its way initially onto bootlegs. It has live , good quality versions of tunes from 'Road Games', 'IOU' and 'Metal Fatigue', although outside the studio Williams' voice is rather weak. For its relative merits, go find the original studio recordings, and now with Holdsworth mellowing and tolerating release of live recordings at long last, check out "All Night Wrong" and "Then!", which have the Holdsworth seal of approval.

Send comments to Dick Heath (BETA) | Report this review (#29437) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Review by Dan Bobrowski
3 stars This Paul Williams issued "Holdsworth" live album is a remix of tunes originally appearing on the Japanese video disc version of Tokyo Dream Live. Years before this release I had mixed my own cassette from the VHS version I bought from Audiophile Imports. Williams made sure to include all the vocal tracks from the concert to give himself a boost.

For me, a Holdsworth fan, this was a must, but this came out before any of the legitimate releases that came out sixteen years later. Thus, 3 stars. This is the only documented version, that I know of, consisting of the Holdsworth, Wackerman, Johnson, Williams line- up. This album took Allans first three (authorized) solo releases and created a live Best of compilation.

Highlights? Many, Wackerman's drumming is so tight, yet fluid, almost natural, like the tide. Johnson's bass, sublime, yet complex and snappy. Holdsworth's guitar work is amazing. The video truly captures Allan's facility, but on tape (er, plastic and tin) the mind wanders, visualizing the spider-like fingers dancing on strings around frozen prey. This music is all about soloing.

This is a GOOD live record. If you love guitar, check out Allan Holdsworth.

Send comments to Dan Bobrowski (BETA) | Report this review (#29438) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 09, 2005

5 stars You won´t believe that this happened life on stage unless you saw it with you own eyes. I like the studio albums even more, but this really transports the stage feeling. must have in any Holdsworth collection. He is a real life musician. Every concert of a tour is differen an won't get boring. ... (read more)

Report this review (#100885) | Posted by | Tuesday, November 28, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALLAN HOLDSWORTH "I.O.U. Live (1985) "