EVERSHIP

6. Approach (1:58)

Search EVERSHIP Evership lyrics

Search EVERSHIP Evership tabs

- Beau West / lead vocals
- Shane Atkinson / keyboards, drums, percussion, Theremin, Chapman stick, dulcimer, experimental guitar, sound design, orchestrations, vocals

With:
- James Atkinson / acoustic & lead guitars
- Rob Higginbotham / classical, acoustic, electric rhythm guitars
- Dan Smalley / classical guitar (5)
- Brandon Vestal / electric guitar (5)
- Jaymi Millard / bass
- Nicelle Priebe / violin
- Mike Priebe / backing vocals
- Charles Heimermann / choir director (Live at Green Hills' Cathedral)

Artwork: Philip Willis

CD Atkinsong Productions (2016)

Thanks to ?? for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

EVERSHIP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EVERSHIP Evership Music

EVERSHIP NEW CD USD $26.42 Buy It Now 17 days
Evership - Evership [New CD] USD $14.82 Buy It Now 20 days
Evership - Evership [New CD] USD $14.67 Buy It Now 20 days
Evership-Evership CD NEW USD $14.99 Buy It Now 25 days

More places to buy EVERSHIP music online Buy EVERSHIP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

EVERSHIP Evership ratings distribution

EVERSHIP Evership reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Avant, Crossover & Neo Teams
4 stars A promising, aesthetic combo have come here finally with their debut creation. Deep heavy complex musical theater is launched continuously from the beginning till the end of dark rumbling ground titled "Approach". Yes their musical approach sounds in the similar vein of Dream Theater or other Neo-Prog precursors but wondrous gigantic for their debut. And their enthusiasm for creation can be heard via the longest, dramatic track "Flying Machine", that gives us rhythm complication, beautiful melody lines, and something of musical and "mental" stability.

Their sound diversity can be caught in the very beginning of the first "Silver Light" too. We the audience would get veiled in such a mystic ethnic surrealism and powerful voices based upon well-matured delightful chorus. The melody lines might have the same atmosphere we have listened somewhere but let me say it should be fine they were not so sticky for musical / rhythmic complexity. On the other hand, "A Slow Descent Into Reality", as other suites are, can divided to a couple of pieces, and some internal music bridges are not unnatural nor artificial at all ... that's the reason their soundscape can be easily digested into our brain.

Their chorus, instrumental works, and musical point of view are not only vivid but also cold as ice. Contrary to typical Neo-symphonic melodic basis, their sound seasoning variation is obviously superb. Afraid they could release more excellent creation than the debut shot in future ... nah no concern needed. They will do such a fantastic work like this. Let me give them a great applause.

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team
4 stars Shane Atkinson is the man behind this album that is the work of 8 years. He composes, writes and plays many instruments, but he has received some help from others musicians. The beginning of the cd is very strong with some intense vocal harmonies and some music that is on the melodic side of Progressive Rock with sometimes a heavy edge reminiscent of old Americain Prog with some spark of the British's sound of the Neo Prog bands. All this music is embellished with some lush orchestrations and choirs. The multi-part compositions go from the atmospheric to the dramatic with dazzling vintage organ and mellotron. The influences from the past are there and cover a lot of ground.The vocals and the music in the song "Evermore" are in the pure Queen style. The epic "Flying Machine is not without reference to the band Mystery with a mix of classic rock and Progressive Rock. The song goes back and forth between acoustic parts and electric ones. There is a nice flow throughout the different parts of this cd. The songs contain many hooks, and also some moving progressive rock moments that keep you engage. It's just the right balance between the simplicity of rock music and a more complex Progressive Rock. I had the same uplifting feeling listening to this cd of the one I had when Sean Filkins (ex-Big Big Train) released his solo cd.The man has a lot more material for others albums. I just hope that we don't have to wait another 8 years to hear it. So let's take the journey to the world of Evership, you will love the ride!
Review by FragileKings
5 stars This has been an incredible year for me in keeping up with releases of 2016. Someone wrote that he felt prog was currently in a slump, but not from my point of view. Not only have I brought home a couple of dozen albums this year that ranged from really good to superb, I even found an album that I would have given six stars to. By November it was time to decide which of the several albums I had my eyes on would become my final order for the year. I narrowed it down to three difficult choices and in the end chose Evership. And what an album! I feel as if I have found a second six star album. And the coincidental thing is that I heard about this album through a review written by the musician behind my first six star pick. Previously he had praised Tiger Moth Tales "Cocoon" and I had to agree with him. So I decided to trust his opinion again and I am sure glad I did.

Forget the track by track review or even mentioning favourites in detail. This is a prog album that clicks perfectly with me. It has dramatic, dynamic, complex music as well as wonderful vocal melodies. It has crashing, thundering, parts with rolling toms, swooshing synthesizers, and pounding guitars. It also has delicate acoustic and piano beauty. I feel the album is an emotional ride between excellent and blissfully mind-blown. If any part is not either of these then you know by the music that we are building up to it. There's heavy and light, modern and seventies/early eighties.

In short, I'll give you this: it's like Dream Theater's beautiful moments meet Queen's passion and drama meets Boston's more dynamic music with some Supertramp.

Or an analogy: this is like eating gourmet confectionery in the dark on the first listen. You don't know what you are going to taste next but each bite has delightful surprises.

But it's not just the music. Vocalist Beau West is the kind of singer that prog needs. He sings like, well, a lot like Freddy Mercury and James LaBrie combined. His voice is powerful, soaring, soul-shaking and then soothing and soft. A vocalist of any less talent wouldn't be able to bring out the drama in the music as well. Mr. West is the kind of singer that the seventies gave us and somewhat a rare bird these days.

And now for me, the second great surprise of Evership. Composer and multi-instrumentalist Shane Atkinson used to be in a band called Curious Fools, and wouldn't you know it, I have the debut album of 1994 buried in a box of CDs. I bought it in a Christian book store way back then and when I later was getting rid of a lot of my old Christian CDs, I felt I couldn't part with Curious Fools. Labeled alternative rock, some of the songs were just so freaking good. So I still have it, and you can count on me digging it up and getting it into my iTunes library real soon.

Which brings me to the final words of my review. The one disappointing thing with Evership is that I don't have a decent enough audio system for listening to this album. I have the CD copied into iTunes with Apple Lossless and I play the music on my iPod with a half-decent set of earbuds only. This album, however, needs to be heard on a really good audio system. It is sure to blow a lot of people away!

Review by Warthur
3 stars The front cover art may be reminiscent of Kansas, but it's Tennessee that prog duo Evership hail from - by way of the 19th Century, if their promotional photos are anything to go by. Between their theatrical image, the tripped-out cover art, and that mean band logo, this is certainly a band who want to declare to the world that they're prog and proud of it, and that extends to the music on this debut album of theirs.

Whilst in terms of atmosphere it's on the lighter and more uplifting side of prog, in terms of technical execution multi- instrumentalist Shane Atkinson and the sprinkling of guest contributors certainly establish their credentials here, whilst Beau West's vocals allow for some nice vocal harmonies to be used and show that he's mastered the prog frontman's key skill of sounding profound and emotive whilst singing about weird nonsense.

On paper, then, it's a good mixture, but I did find my attention wandering here and there, and there were plenty of moments on the album where it felt like musically they didn't have much of an artistic goal beyond ticking as many of the prog checklist boxes as possible. It's a nice little album which will tickle the fancy of most prog fans, but I can't help but think that this is just the beginning for Evership. They've proved here that they can use the prog rock toolbox - now it's time to see what they can build with it.

Review by tszirmay
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Late onto the Evership bandwagon, which is not necessarily a bad thing, as I sometimes need a little push to commit to something new. But better late than never, so it was not a difficult decision to finally take, what with all the hoopla going around for this debut release, which took eons to finalize, according to main man, multi- instrumentalist and composer Shane Atkinson from that international progressive rock hot bed of Nashville, Tennessee. Glass Hammer is also from Tennessee, so there must be something in the water'The state is of course a famed music center, albeit not world renown for prog, more like country music. Well it won't be the first time I get shocked by the provenance of our favorite genre, as it's truly a worldwide obsession. I mean Kansas has sort set the path way back when and even in Louisiana, we have Proud Peasant that is quite overtly symphonic, to say the least. Evership certainly dares beyond daring, a courageous plunge into bombastic symphonics that combines the obvious Queen influences or even hints of Meatloaf, highlighting rocket-propelled crunchy guitars and over the top lead vocals that tilt closer to opera and heavy metal, all ensconced within a tight score with fluctuating arrangements and impossible to predict what is next down the pipes. I cannot think of many bands that have tried this route besides Queen and perhaps City Boy, a dash of Boston maybe but this kind of opera-prog rock is quite an earful to behold. All pieces are in the 9-13 minute range, giving the suave arrangements enough room to be properly constructed and hence utterly convincing musically. Lead singer Beau West has those powerful lungs that sustains notes and scours the higher planes with seemingly minimal effort, as clearly expressed on the whopping opener 'Silver Light' , serving as a perfect introduction for the proggier mayhem down the road. Choppy rhythmic power metal riffs shove this puppy along, howling choir work keeping the drums precise and a savage world class vocal that will make any prog fan squirm with envy. Holy cow! Hints of Kashmir in the stringed orchestrations, spitting guitars and tectonic shuffles, yeah, what a mix! . Nice lead axe solo that corkscrews madly and a solo violin whirl that is totally unforeseen.

A prog opus of the finest caliber, 'A Slow Descent into Reality' looks into the troubled human condition and explodes in a suite of 6 parts that grabs the listener by the throat and does not let go. Starting off nice and composed, the mood slowly burgeons like an imminent storm waiting to drench the unprotected. Synthesizers conspiring mightily to overpower the melody, the levels of intensity grow, the choir shoving the arrangement along. As such, hallway through, everything seems to hurtling at breakneck speed, tossing shifting and gritty guitars, colossal waves of insane keyboards (especially the orchestral ones like the mellotron and the rippling organ flash ), a booming bass undertow and some pretty volcanic drumming. This is quite the bruising ride, definitely aggressive and over the top, totally nowhere near ear candy of any kind, quite the opposite, a brittle, sizzling and effervescent fountain of dense sound design and grandiloquent instrumental prowess. This is an insane mother!

'Evermore' shoots for a night at the Opera stylistic, buoyed by that singing guitar lead, the vaudevillesque piano accompaniment and crazed vocals that seem closer to lounge cabaret than the hair metal concert arena. The choir work is multi-layered, the massed guitars punching deep holes into the rhythmic onslaught, which is closer to Led Zep than anything else. But the voice, I mean Mercury Rising from the ashes'.OMG! You would think the Darkness or the Ark have resurrected as a prog band. And there's the rub, as the Brits like to say, Evership is decidedly within the prog environment, more keyboard-driven that any other bands mentioned above.

This becomes very obvious on the enthralling 'Ultima Thule', a serene ballad that really showcases the brilliance of a world class voice and an elusive piano, caressed by bright orchestrations and a rustic acoustic guitar to further the fantasy. As the piece progresses, the resolute power gets boosted by harder rhythm guitar riffs and wilder singing that winks more at Ronnie James Dio or Roger Hodgson than the proverbial Freddy. The final section gets very progressive with loads of clever symphonic touches and unrelenting choir work and a gentle guitar goodbye.

Then we move over to the sensitive 'Flying Machine', a more complex piece that takes time lifting off the ground, engines roaring (the choir voices are splendid) , preferring to travel to more atmospheric realms with loads of sound/voice effects and snippets of strange strained orchestrations. Perhaps by presenting their more obscure side, this sonic essay does wonders as it slays any kind of overt formulaic tendencies. When the song kicks in, Beau's soft voice soothing preciously as the drums pick up the pace and the guitars start their sinuous assault, never falling play to simpleton clich's. This is by far the most restrained piece here, a highly cinematographic glide into the higher echelons of prog creativity.

A delightful and highly entertaining debut that bodes well for the future. Hopefully, Sean has a vault full of more impulsive tunes ,ready to be put onto tape and fed to hungry prog fans. An invigorating addition to my collection and something that could easily seduce the embryonic progressive rock fan into delving further into our genre. Truly impressive, no wonder it has come so highly rated.

4.5 eternal boats

5 stars I know I am late to the party, but this album just oozes quality. Talk about an insanely gifted vocalist in Beau West with loads of prog goodness. This is a real gem to find in what was an incredible year for progressive rock. I will eagerly look forward to their next album. Evership has amaz ... (read more)

Report this review (#1708390) | Posted by javajeff | Thursday, April 6, 2017 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Another fine release in a great 2016 for progressive music. I discovered this band randomly looking for something new on ITunes, and it was well worth the search. I have been listening to Evership at least every other day the last month and I have found it good music for my commute to work. It i ... (read more)

Report this review (#1674322) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, December 31, 2016 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is definitely one of the biggest surprises of 2016 for me, and one of the best albums I've listened to, during this year. 'Evership' was a name that meant nothing to me, until I heard 'Silver Light' for the first time. Oh, if you could only see my expression at the time! I felt like a kid ... (read more)

Report this review (#1664665) | Posted by The Jester | Wednesday, December 7, 2016 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Stunning album, insanely gifted singer, an outstanding band and wonderful compositions. Um... that just about covers it really! Ok. I'll say a bit more then. Evership are listed here as Neo-Prog (whatever that means!). I heard just a few seconds of "Evermore" on a radio show and thought Queen? ... (read more)

Report this review (#1635302) | Posted by odinalcatraz | Monday, October 24, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EVERSHIP "Evership"