RETURN TO FOREVER: LIVE

- Stanley Clarke / bass, piccolo, vocals
- James Tinsley / Flugelhorn, trumpet, piccolo
- Harold Garrett / trombone, tuba
- Chick Corea / keyboards, piano, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer
- Joe Farrell / flute, wind, piccolo, saxophone (Tenor), saxophone (Soprano)
- John Thomas / Flugelhorn, piccolo, trumpet
- Jim Pugh / horn, trombone
- Gayle Moran / Mellophonium, Moog synthesizer, organ (Hammond), vocals, piano
- Gerry Brown / drums

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live Music

Live: Return to ForeverLive: Return to Forever
Sony 1992
Return To Forever - LiveReturn To Forever - Live
Cutout
2000
Audio CD$34.99 (used)
Return To Forever - Live The Complete Concert - CBS - 66419Return To Forever - Live The Complete Concert - CBS - 66419
CBS
Vinyl$199.00 (used)
Stockholm Live by Return To ForeverStockholm Live by Return To Forever
Brr
Return To Forever Live Mainstream JazzReturn To Forever Live Mainstream Jazz
Records

Return To Forever - Live 2CD 1992 Sony US USD $19.94 Buy It Now 1h 38m
RETURN TO FOREVER-Live-Rare White Label Promotional Only Album-CHICK COREA USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Live - The Complete Concert Return To Forever Vinyl Box Set Japanese USD $106.86 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever Live 1978 Columbia LP NM Jazz Fusion PROMO USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Live, The Complete Concert 4 Record Set, C4X 35350 USD $65.00 [0 bids]
Return to Forever, Live, Excellent USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return to Forever - Stockholm Live 1972 SEALED DOL 180G VINYL LP ROCK USD $17.08 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever LIVE Promo LP-RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE STEREO USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Live at Konserthuset, Stockhol [VINYL], Return to Forever USD $20.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Return To Forever Live - RTF LP Columbia 35281 Stereo USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Live (Vinyl) USD $18.79 Buy It Now 6 days
Return To Forever ?LIVE White Label Promo JC 35281 VG+ Vinyl Latin Jazz 1978 USD $22.99 Buy It Now 7 days
57 ALBUM ADVERT 12X4 CHICK COREA & STANLEY CLARK: RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE USD $6.51 Buy It Now 7 days
RETURN TO FOREVER REUNION 1983 LIVE IN ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO CD RARE OOP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Live Columbia White Label Promo 1978 EX LP Chick Corea USD $12.95 Buy It Now 9 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE [2 CD] NEW CD USD $34.57 Buy It Now 9 days
Live: Complete Concert - Return to Forever (CD 1992) 2 CD Set Excellent Concert! USD $22.95 Buy It Now 10 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE - JC 35281, JAZZ FUSION, Vinyl Record USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
RETURN TO FOREVER: Return To Forever Live LP (4 LPs, textured cover box set, 1 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 14 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Live - CD ** Brand New ** USD $48.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Return To Forever - Live RARE 1978 White Label Promo LP Farrell / Corea / Clarke USD $21.24 Buy It Now 15 days
Return To Forever-Live The Complete Concert 2CD CD NEW USD $20.91 Buy It Now 16 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE, JC 35281 COLUMBIA PROMO USD $17.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Return To Forever Live USA vinyl LP album record promo 35281 COLUMBIA 1978 USD $37.80 Buy It Now 17 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Live - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $22.95 Buy It Now 17 days
Return To Forever-Live The Complete Concert 2CD (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.80 Buy It Now 18 days
RETURN TO FOREVER: Live LP (UK, sl cw) Jazz USD $18.00 Buy It Now 19 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE *WHITE LABEL PROMO* LP USD $14.99 Buy It Now 20 days
RETURN TO FOREVER LP LIVE 1978 MINT IN SHRINK HYPE STICKER USD $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Return to Forever LIVE vinyl LP EX Columbia 1978 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 23 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Stockholm Live 1972-09-17 - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl LP) USD $17.10 Buy It Now 24 days
RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE - COLUMBIA LP IN SHRINK WRAP USD $6.50 Buy It Now 25 days
Five Peace Band Live Chick Corea & John McLaughlin CD 2009 RETURN TO FOREVER USD $10.36 Buy It Now 28 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE - JC 35281, JAZZ, LATIN VINYL RECORD Mint Vinyl! USD $11.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars RTF has aways been very important to me as I like the music (very much!) since I heard 'The Endless Night' for the first time in 1977. It blew me away due to its excellent melody, vocal line (Gayle Moran), and unique keyboard / moog solo. This live album is an example on how great the music and the musicians are. The copy i have right now is only a cassette that I purchased in December 30, 1981. By the time I had already been familiar with studio albums of the band and I really enjoyed this live set since the first time I spun the cassette. As a fan of RTF I feel obliged to write a review on this because I am surprised that now one has written it. If you love jazz rock fusion, I assure you like this live performance. (In reviewing this live set, I replay the cassette and I find joy listening to it as it represents the old days when I only had cassettes, no CD).

As a matter of background, RTF had released 7 studio albums with some changes in line-up and two founding members still remain: Chick Corea (keyboard) and Stanley Clarke (bass). Music critics claim that the best lineup was when Lenny White (drums) and Al Di Meola (guitar) joined the band as a quartet. As far as musical taste, I enjoy all of the 7 studio albums as they are predominantly Chick Corea style. Their last studio album Music Magic' (1977) was a big-band line-up with brass section; a dramatic change from previous quartet line-up with Chick-Al-Stanley-Lenny. Lenny White and Al Di Meola were no longer with the band in the last album.

Great improvisations

'So Long Mickey Mouse' is a great example of how the jazz rock fusion music composition played excellently with improvisations on keyboard / mini-moog, bass guitar and flute. Eventhough it sounds complex and relatively moves in fast tempo with high octane energy, the harmonies resulted from each instruments including brass section sounds terrific from start to end. Gayle Moran plays her role nicely as singer with no lyrics but sings choir like 'aaaa...aaaa...aaa' that gives nice texture of the whole track, performed live. Chick plays his inventive keyboard work beautifully, combined with Joe Farrel's flute / piccolo work and dynamic bass playing by Stanley. Garry Brown who sits on drum stool replacing Lenny White is a great drummer as he can provide nice fills between segments.

'The Musician' is basically a tune to demonstrate the masteries of brass section musicians as each individual player is given a chance to perform solo. As I was a trombone player when I joined Marching Band Waditra Ganesha ITB in 1980, I paid particular attention on trombone solos by Jim Pugh (lead tenor), Harold Garret (bass trombone), and Ron Moss (tenor trombone). They all play great! The music itsefl is very energetic, run in relatively fast tempo with excellent groove throughout the track.

I also enjoy Chick's Piano Solo as it is very inventive, dynamic and skillful. He is the best piano player in jazz! In 'Music Magic' the brass section is given a chance to demonstrate their skills in energetic way. 'The Moorish Warrior and The Spanish Princes' is like a big band orchestra, playing in a bit mellow style with nice ambient. Gayle Moran sings nicely on 'Come Rain or Come Shine' with his husband, Chick Corea, plays wonderful notes on his piano.

My favorite track is 'The Endless Night' which is performed wonderfully in an extended version (compared to studio album 'Music magic') featuring improvisations by each player. Unfortunately the long intro on Chick's keyboard is ommitted on this record but the overall musical performance sounds terrific to my ears. I really enjoy it, especially on Chick's solo, Stanley bass playing and Gayle - Stanley duo singing. Oh man ... I know that i am more symphonic prog than jazz, but this album is totally great! I am so satisfied listening to this album in its entirety! Keep on proggin'...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER "Return to Forever: Live"