RETURN TO FOREVER: LIVE

- Stanley Clarke / bass, piccolo, vocals
- James Tinsley / Flugelhorn, trumpet, piccolo
- Harold Garrett / trombone, tuba
- Chick Corea / keyboards, piano, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer
- Joe Farrell / flute, wind, piccolo, saxophone (Tenor), saxophone (Soprano)
- John Thomas / Flugelhorn, piccolo, trumpet
- Jim Pugh / horn, trombone
- Gayle Moran / Mellophonium, Moog synthesizer, organ (Hammond), vocals, piano
- Gerry Brown / drums

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live Music

The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
ReturnsReturns
Eagle Records (Fontana) 2009
Where Have I Known You BeforeWhere Have I Known You Before
Polygram Records 1990
Return To Forever : Live-The Complete Concert(77) [VINYL] CD (1999) US $8.73 Buy It Now 2h 33m
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior 1976 Dutch vinyl LP 1980's CBS RE US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Musicmagic by Return to Forever (CD, Sep-1986, Columbia (USA)) US $12.59 Buy It Now 10h 36m
Chick Corea-Return To Forever-ECM 1022-GERMANY US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 20m
Chick Corea - Return To Forever US $7.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever,CD,This Is Jazz 12 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 12m
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE [2 CD] [RETURN TO FOREVER] - NEW CD BOXSET US $29.08 Buy It Now 14h 10m
Return To Forever, Live/LP Columbia PC 35281/Canada 1978 Chick Corea/Clarke US $4.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY LP BILL CONNORS CHICK COREA US $14.00 Buy It Now 17h 20m
MUSICMAGIC RETURN TO FOREVER US $16.00 Buy It Now 18h 3m
Return To Forever . Where Have I Known You Before . 1974 EX . PD 6509 . 12" LP US $5.49 Buy It Now 19h 16m
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - No Mystery Featuring Chick Corea LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA Return to Forever 'No Mystery' 1975 LP Al DiMeola Stanley Clarke VG+ US $15.00 Buy It Now 21h 30m
Chick Corea- Return to Forever - "Where Have I Known You Before" LP US $3.39 Buy It Now 22h 5m
Return To Forever Romantic Warrior PC34076 US $9.97 Buy It Now 23h 48m
RETURN TO FOREVER (1976) - "Romantic Warrior" CD 1990 1st US PROMO Remaster AAD US $23.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever "Musicmagic" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever "Romantic Warrior" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea "Hymn of The Seventh Galaxy" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA Return To Forever LP 4 Track (ecm1022st) GERMAN Ecm 1972 US $32.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Light as a Feather by Chick Corea & Return to Forever CD, Polydor US $7.95 [0 bids]
NO MYSTERY:RETURN TO FOREVER BY COREA,CHICK (CD) US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE 1974 US LP GOOD/VG! US $4.88 [0 bids]
The Best of Return to Forever by Return to Forever (CD, Aug-1986, Columbia (USA) US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR CD 1976 CHICK COREA STANLEY CLARKE DIMEOLA US $9.00 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER ECM JAZZ LP GERMAN IMPORT US $8.00 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS A FEATHER POLYDOR JAZZ CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever - Mothership Returns [CD New] US $47.49 Buy It Now 1 day
"Classic Rock" "Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea" "Rare Lp" US $9.99 [0 bids]
1974 JAZZ FUSION Return To Forever Chick Corea Where Have I Known You Before @ US $2.99 [0 bids]
1977 JAZZ FUSION Return To Forever MusicMagic Chick Corea vinyl LP @ US $2.99 [0 bids]
[LP] Return To Forever,Musicmagic (Columbia) USA US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever - The Anthology (NEW CD) US $18.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever - Where Have I Known You Before/No Mystery CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA - RETURN TO FOREVER: WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU / NO NEW CD US $23.13 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of Return to Forever by Return to Forever  HITS  Minty CD  New Case  US $7.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Where Have I Known You Before/No Mystery by Chick Corea/Return to Forever... US $22.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery LP - Polydor Records PD6512 US $3.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-JAPAN SHM-CD Ltd/Ed D20 US $22.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Light As A Feather by Chick Corea & Return to Forever LP (1973, Polydor) EX- US $3.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior (Vinyl, 1976, Columbia) US $5.00 [0 bids]
No Mercy - Return To Forever (1975) Vinyl LP Record Album 33 RPM US $0.98 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Feat CHICK COREA No Mystery Orig 1st US 75 Polydor JAZZ US $16.31 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER -- Where have I known you before -- W/ Chick Corea US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER : NO MYSTERY (6512) - RARITIES US $4.49 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior LP VG++ US 1979 orig Columbia PC 34076 US $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER / CHICK COREA No Mystery LP VG++ W/ Inner Sleeve US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery SEALED 8-Track Chick Corea 1975 Jazz Rock Fusion US $2.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known Chick Corea US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Chick Corea Return to Forever Vinyl LP AUTOGRAPHED ECM 1022 VG+/VG+ Jazz US $7.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever "Romantic Warrior" Manufactured By 1976 Columbia Records. US $2.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea Record By 1975 Polydor Incorporated. US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF RETURN TO FOREVER - OBI JAPAN LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE POLYDOR PD6509 LP US $15.00 [0 bids]
Lot Jazz cds 1970's Joe Sample Joe Beck & Sanborn Return to Forever Hubert Laws US $4.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - MOTHERSHIP RETURNS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $80.61 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Col 10497- Musicmagic - JAZZ DJ VG+ US $5.25 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER FT. CHICK COREA HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY LP 491 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - RETURNS [RETURN TO FOREVER] [CD BOXSET] [2 - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.11 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER**ROMANTIC WARRIOR (180G)**VINYL US $26.95 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURNS BY RETURN TO FOREVER (CD) US $23.41 Buy It Now 3 days
lot Return to Forever Hymn of Seventh Galaxy & Romantic Chick Corea 12" vinyl LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever-Romantic Warrior LP-Columbia-OG Sleeve-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $3.00 [0 bids]
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea ~ No Mystery LP ~ Polydor ~ shrink! VG++ US $7.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA: Return To Forever LP (Germany, laminated cover v. sl cw: light 'sp US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AIRTO Free LP EX! CTI 1972 Return To Forever US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICK COREA - RETURN TO FOREVER GERMAN LP - PURIM CLARKE FARRELL SHRINK LP EX US $14.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER NM Live WLP Promo JC-35281 Clarke Chick Corea Joe Farrell US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy Return To Forever Audio CD US $14.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Musicmagic by Return to Forever Chick Corea Producer Jazz Columbia CK 34682 US $6.99 [0 bids]
PARTICLE Launchpad CD Nstrmntl PROG Pink Floyd Return To Forever Ozric Tentacles US $6.99 [0 bids]
Romantic Warrior [Remaster] by Return to Forever (CD, Feb-2000, Sony Music... US $0.99 [1 bids]
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER Light As A Feather POLYDOR Jazz LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER: Hymn of The Seventh Galaxy jazz US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER: Light As a Feather jazz vinyl LP CANADA US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea- No Mystery US $7.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea- Where Have I Known You Before US $7.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - ROMANTIC WARRIOR - COLUMBIA RECORDS LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever MUSICMAGIC Columbia 34682 Near Mint- US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever - WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE - Signed Vulcan Worlds LP US $274.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER-THE MOTHERSHIP RETURNS-JAPAN 2 CD BONUS TRACK G45 zd US $34.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Return To Forever - Mothership Returns [CD New] US $19.69 Buy It Now 4 days
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER - HYMN OF THE 7th GALAXY 1973 US LP - VG/EXC! US $4.88 [0 bids]
Return to Forever sealed LP Best of US $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
LIVE - RETURN TO FOREVER - COLUMBIA JC 35281 US $2.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE SUPERB 1978 CBS VINYL LP*NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM US $16.24 Buy It Now 4 days
Return To Forever "Romantic Warrior" 1976 NM Nice Jazz Fusion 1st LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Return To Forever Live Vinyl LP Record Columbia 1978 VG+ US $3.38 Buy It Now 4 days
CHICK COREA - RETURN TO FOREVER-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Musicmagic NM-/EX+ LP Record 1977 COLUMBIA PC 34682 US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - ROMANTIC WARRIOR CHICK COREA 1976 ELECTRIC FUSION JAZZ LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER musicmagic Lp RECORD JAZZ US $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
CHIC COREA, RETURN TO FOREVER ( with Stany Clark), Music Magic, Vinyl LP, NM US $2.99 [0 bids]
No Mystery by Return to Forever (CD, Jul-1987, Verve) US $2.99 [0 bids]
chick corea-LEPRECHAUN-usa-orig return to forever-textured cover-instert- EX US $7.91 [0 bids]
LOT OF 2 LP/RETURN TO FOREVER/73,76(COREA,CLARKE)EX-/VG+ US $1.79 [0 bids]
The Anthology by Return to Forever (CD, May-2008, 2 Discs, Concord) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Chick Corea Return to Forever Spain Japan Promo White Label Vinyl 7 inch Single US $69.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior JAPAN 1st Press CD 1991 W/Obi US $59.00 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RETURN TO FOREVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars RTF has aways been very important to me as I like the music (very much!) since I heard 'The Endless Night' for the first time in 1977. It blew me away due to its excellent melody, vocal line (Gayle Moran), and unique keyboard / moog solo. This live album is an example on how great the music and the musicians are. The copy i have right now is only a cassette that I purchased in December 30, 1981. By the time I had already been familiar with studio albums of the band and I really enjoyed this live set since the first time I spun the cassette. As a fan of RTF I feel obliged to write a review on this because I am surprised that now one has written it. If you love jazz rock fusion, I assure you like this live performance. (In reviewing this live set, I replay the cassette and I find joy listening to it as it represents the old days when I only had cassettes, no CD).

As a matter of background, RTF had released 7 studio albums with some changes in line-up and two founding members still remain: Chick Corea (keyboard) and Stanley Clarke (bass). Music critics claim that the best lineup was when Lenny White (drums) and Al Di Meola (guitar) joined the band as a quartet. As far as musical taste, I enjoy all of the 7 studio albums as they are predominantly Chick Corea style. Their last studio album Music Magic' (1977) was a big-band line-up with brass section; a dramatic change from previous quartet line-up with Chick-Al-Stanley-Lenny. Lenny White and Al Di Meola were no longer with the band in the last album.

Great improvisations

'So Long Mickey Mouse' is a great example of how the jazz rock fusion music composition played excellently with improvisations on keyboard / mini-moog, bass guitar and flute. Eventhough it sounds complex and relatively moves in fast tempo with high octane energy, the harmonies resulted from each instruments including brass section sounds terrific from start to end. Gayle Moran plays her role nicely as singer with no lyrics but sings choir like 'aaaa...aaaa...aaa' that gives nice texture of the whole track, performed live. Chick plays his inventive keyboard work beautifully, combined with Joe Farrel's flute / piccolo work and dynamic bass playing by Stanley. Garry Brown who sits on drum stool replacing Lenny White is a great drummer as he can provide nice fills between segments.

'The Musician' is basically a tune to demonstrate the masteries of brass section musicians as each individual player is given a chance to perform solo. As I was a trombone player when I joined Marching Band Waditra Ganesha ITB in 1980, I paid particular attention on trombone solos by Jim Pugh (lead tenor), Harold Garret (bass trombone), and Ron Moss (tenor trombone). They all play great! The music itsefl is very energetic, run in relatively fast tempo with excellent groove throughout the track.

I also enjoy Chick's Piano Solo as it is very inventive, dynamic and skillful. He is the best piano player in jazz! In 'Music Magic' the brass section is given a chance to demonstrate their skills in energetic way. 'The Moorish Warrior and The Spanish Princes' is like a big band orchestra, playing in a bit mellow style with nice ambient. Gayle Moran sings nicely on 'Come Rain or Come Shine' with his husband, Chick Corea, plays wonderful notes on his piano.

My favorite track is 'The Endless Night' which is performed wonderfully in an extended version (compared to studio album 'Music magic') featuring improvisations by each player. Unfortunately the long intro on Chick's keyboard is ommitted on this record but the overall musical performance sounds terrific to my ears. I really enjoy it, especially on Chick's solo, Stanley bass playing and Gayle - Stanley duo singing. Oh man ... I know that i am more symphonic prog than jazz, but this album is totally great! I am so satisfied listening to this album in its entirety! Keep on proggin'...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#226932) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER "Return to Forever: Live"