RETURN TO FOREVER: LIVE

- Stanley Clarke / bass, piccolo, vocals
- James Tinsley / Flugelhorn, trumpet, piccolo
- Harold Garrett / trombone, tuba
- Chick Corea / keyboards, piano, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer
- Joe Farrell / flute, wind, piccolo, saxophone (Tenor), saxophone (Soprano)
- John Thomas / Flugelhorn, piccolo, trumpet
- Jim Pugh / horn, trombone
- Gayle Moran / Mellophonium, Moog synthesizer, organ (Hammond), vocals, piano
- Gerry Brown / drums

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live Music

Romantic WarriorRomantic Warrior
Sony UK 1999
The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
No MysteryNo Mystery
Polygram Records 1990
Live: Complete ConcertLive: Complete Concert
101 DISTRIBUTION 2011
Where Have I Known You Before/No MysteryWhere Have I Known You Before/No Mystery
Bear Family 2008
ReturnsReturns
Eagle Records (Fontana) 2009
RETURN TO FOREVER 'MUSICMAGIC' DUTCH IMPORT LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 7h 31m
RETURN TO FOREVER 'LIVE' UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 7h 31m
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery LP - Polydor Records PD6512 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Return to Forever LIVE Ft Chick Corea Joe Farrell Stanley Clarke SEALED LP Vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Return To Forever: Musicmagic Chick Corea Stanley Clarke LP Vinyl Record NM !! US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
CHICK COREA - Return to Forever LP Latin Jazz Funk on ECM Original U.S. VG++ US $4.67 [1 bids]
CHICK COREA 'RETURN TO FOREVER' US IMPORT LP US $24.89 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
RETURN TO FOREVER-Live-Rare White Label Promotional Only Album-CHICK COREA US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Return To Forever - The Mothership Returns (NEW 2 x CD+DVD) US $25.31 Buy It Now 12h 56m
2 LP Lot Keith Jarrett "The Koln Concert" & Return To Forever "Musicmagic" US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 12m
CHICH COREA QUINTET RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR MP 2273 Japan OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS A FEATHER POLYDOR MP 2304 OBI LP US $5.50 [3 bids]
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS FEATHER POLYDOR PROMO OBI LP US $5.50 [3 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER ft CHICK COREA HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY POLYDOR PROMO OBI LP US $5.50 [3 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER ft CHICK COREA WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE PROMO OBI LP US $1.25 [2 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER,CHICK COREA NO MYSTERY POLYDOR MP 2470 Japan OBI Vinyl LP US $8.50 [7 bids]
CHICK COREA WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR OBI PROMO LP US $2.25 [3 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Feat CHICK COREA No Mystery Orig 1st US 75 Polydor JAZZ US $16.59 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Live JC35281 LP Ac7815 US $9.99 [0 bids]
MINNIE RIPERTON RETURN TO FOREVER HERE WE GO RECORD LP CAPITOL RECORDS MINT US $4.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA and RETURN TO FOREVER - LIGHT AS A FEATHER ,lp vinyl, Stanley Clarke US $3.99 [0 bids]
Chick Correa Return To Forever LP Polydor # PD 5525 Record Excellent +++ US $10.99 Buy It Now 18h 36m
RETURN TO FOREVER & CHICK COREA No Mystery POLYDOR LP NM US $8.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER LP MUSICMAGIC CBS US $7.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery SEALED 8-Track Chick Corea 1975 Jazz Rock Fusion US $2.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER: The Best Of LP COLUMBIA RECORDS JC36359 US 1980 NM US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 49m
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA Japan 1978 NM LP LIVE US $39.99 Buy It Now 20h 59m
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior LP 1976 Columbia 34076 white label promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
21h
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known LP 1974 Polydor 6509 Chick Corea US $6.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Musicmagic, original vinyl LP, 1977, EX! Chick Corea, jazz US $5.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
#1 Chic Corea Return To Forever Romantic Warrior LP Factory Sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
Musicmagic (CD) Return to Forever US $21.50 Buy It Now 22h 35m
"Classic Rock" "Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea" "Rare Lp" US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 31m
Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever (CD, Dec-1991, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Musicmagic by Return to Forever (CD, Sep-2011, Sony Japan) US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea-Return To Forever-Hymn Of Seventh Galaxy-LP-Polydor-PD 5536-Vinyl US $3.77 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior JAPAN Limited Mini LP CD 1997 W/Obi RARE!! US $69.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Where Have I Known You Before/No Mystery by Chick Corea/Return to Forever... US $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-JAPAN SHM-CD Ltd/Ed D20 US $22.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever Complete Columbia Albums 5 CD BOX SET US $79.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior [Vinyl New] US $27.75 Buy It Now 1 day
(JAZZ LP) RETURN TO FOREVER - NO MYSTERY US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VINYL LP Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery (1975) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No Mercy - Return To Forever (1975) Vinyl LP Record Album 33 RPM US $1.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER : ROMANTIC WARRIOR (34076) - RARITIES US $5.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER : WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFOR (6509) - RARITIES US $4.99 [0 bids]
LP RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE (CBS 82808) 1978 SCARCE ORIGINAL BRITISH ISSUE US $8.30 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER : NO MYSTERY (6512) - RARITIES US $4.49 [0 bids]
Return To Forever ~ No Mystery LP ~ Polydor ~ shrink! VG++ US $7.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known You Before CHICK COREA JAPAN Early CD W/Obi US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA SUPER RARE MINI LP WITH OBI JAPAN--USA SELLER US $33.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER: Musicmagic LP (WLP, inner, djt, promo stamp & sm tag obc, v. US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA FLORA PURIM Japan 1981 NM LP LIGHT AS A FEATHER US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA FLORA PURIM Japan 1973 NM LP LIGHT AS A FEATHER US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever Live (2-disc set) US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE/NO MYSTERY - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.48 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER 8 LP LOT ROMANTIC WARRIOR LEPRECHAUN MAD HATTER US $8.99 [0 bids]
NEAR MINT Return to Forever Chick Corea Stanley Clarke Al DiMeola FREE US SHIPPI US $26.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever w/ Corea & DiMeola "Romantic Warrior" 1976 Columbia Lp EX US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever w/ Chick Corea "Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy" 1973 Polydor Lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Musicmagic LP NM- W/Inner Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER hymn of the seventh galaxy VG/VG JAPAN/USA PD55 | 13-1101-052 US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER /CHICK COREA - WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE YUGO LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Return to Forever - (2 Album Lot) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever(Vinyl LP)The Best Of-CBS-CBS 84292-UK-NM/Ex+ US $19.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Mothership Returns - Return To Forever US $19.39 Buy It Now 2 days
JAZZ LP Chick Corea "Return To Forever" ECM # 1022 German pressing US $9.99 [0 bids]
Global Cee Feat. Raphael Return To Forever 12" Vinyl US $19.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever ~ Self Titled/ Japan LP/ Chick Corea US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER FT. CHICK COREA HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY LP 491 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever featuring Chick Corea "Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Light as a Feather by Chick Corea/Return to Forever (CD, Oct-1990, Verve) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Jimmy Abney: Return to Forever (UK Yoruba CD, 2008) NEW SS US $12.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Stanley Clarke (of Return to Forever) solo album from 1974 Nemperor records US $4.29 [0 bids]
Return To Forever The Anthology 2 CD Pop Music Album Brand New Set US $19.91 Buy It Now 2 days
LP RETURN TO FOREVER - THE BEST OF (CBS 84292) 1978 SCARCE ORIGINAL BRITISH US $8.30 [0 bids]
LOT OF 2 lps IN SHRINK New York Jazz Quartet In Japan & Return To Forever Live US $14.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea - Where Have I Known You Before - US LP US $41.52 Buy It Now 2 days
HEAR! Funk Promo 45 RETURN TO FOREVER FEAT. CHICK COREA Jungle Waterfall on Poly US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER VINYL LP LOT OF 4 ROMANTIC WARRIOR+hymn+musicmagic+known you US $12.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA - RETURN TO FOREVER GERMAN LP - PURIM CLARKE FARRELL SHRINK LP EX US $14.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - ROMANTIC WARRIOR CHICK COREA 1976 ELECTRIC FUSION JAZZ LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
LIVE - RETURN TO FOREVER - COLUMBIA JC 35281 US $6.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA "NM WAX" Return to Forever 25MJ3220 LP Ad0635 US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE JAZZ ROCK ALBUM return to forever tony williams vinyl double lp US $12.99 [0 bids]
Return to Forever 1973 LP MINT in shrink 7th Galaxy Chick Corea Stanley Clarke US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery LP Polydor 1975 CHICK COREA Jazz Fusion US $8.95 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - NO MYSTERY - NEW CD US $8.65 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior LP Columbia 1976 CHICK COREA Jazz Fusion US $8.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Where Have I Known You Before vinyl LP album record JPN US $48.08 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER S/T Mail Order Only JAPAN LP NM FCPA612 CBS SONY Family club US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER-THE MOTHERSHIP RETURNS-JAPAN 2 CD BONUS TRACK G45 zd US $34.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Romantic Warrior Chick Corea Stanley Clarke Al Dimeola Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Chick Corea Where Have I Known You Before Near Mint Cond LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER:NO MYSTERY US $11.61 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER:ROMANTIC WARRIOR US $11.61 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Romantic Warrior (reissue) - 180 gram vinyl LP US $33.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Where Have I Known You Before Return To Forever vinyl LP album record UK US $19.51 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery LP 1975 VG+ US $10.93 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RETURN TO FOREVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars RTF has aways been very important to me as I like the music (very much!) since I heard 'The Endless Night' for the first time in 1977. It blew me away due to its excellent melody, vocal line (Gayle Moran), and unique keyboard / moog solo. This live album is an example on how great the music and the musicians are. The copy i have right now is only a cassette that I purchased in December 30, 1981. By the time I had already been familiar with studio albums of the band and I really enjoyed this live set since the first time I spun the cassette. As a fan of RTF I feel obliged to write a review on this because I am surprised that now one has written it. If you love jazz rock fusion, I assure you like this live performance. (In reviewing this live set, I replay the cassette and I find joy listening to it as it represents the old days when I only had cassettes, no CD).

As a matter of background, RTF had released 7 studio albums with some changes in line-up and two founding members still remain: Chick Corea (keyboard) and Stanley Clarke (bass). Music critics claim that the best lineup was when Lenny White (drums) and Al Di Meola (guitar) joined the band as a quartet. As far as musical taste, I enjoy all of the 7 studio albums as they are predominantly Chick Corea style. Their last studio album Music Magic' (1977) was a big-band line-up with brass section; a dramatic change from previous quartet line-up with Chick-Al-Stanley-Lenny. Lenny White and Al Di Meola were no longer with the band in the last album.

Great improvisations

'So Long Mickey Mouse' is a great example of how the jazz rock fusion music composition played excellently with improvisations on keyboard / mini-moog, bass guitar and flute. Eventhough it sounds complex and relatively moves in fast tempo with high octane energy, the harmonies resulted from each instruments including brass section sounds terrific from start to end. Gayle Moran plays her role nicely as singer with no lyrics but sings choir like 'aaaa...aaaa...aaa' that gives nice texture of the whole track, performed live. Chick plays his inventive keyboard work beautifully, combined with Joe Farrel's flute / piccolo work and dynamic bass playing by Stanley. Garry Brown who sits on drum stool replacing Lenny White is a great drummer as he can provide nice fills between segments.

'The Musician' is basically a tune to demonstrate the masteries of brass section musicians as each individual player is given a chance to perform solo. As I was a trombone player when I joined Marching Band Waditra Ganesha ITB in 1980, I paid particular attention on trombone solos by Jim Pugh (lead tenor), Harold Garret (bass trombone), and Ron Moss (tenor trombone). They all play great! The music itsefl is very energetic, run in relatively fast tempo with excellent groove throughout the track.

I also enjoy Chick's Piano Solo as it is very inventive, dynamic and skillful. He is the best piano player in jazz! In 'Music Magic' the brass section is given a chance to demonstrate their skills in energetic way. 'The Moorish Warrior and The Spanish Princes' is like a big band orchestra, playing in a bit mellow style with nice ambient. Gayle Moran sings nicely on 'Come Rain or Come Shine' with his husband, Chick Corea, plays wonderful notes on his piano.

My favorite track is 'The Endless Night' which is performed wonderfully in an extended version (compared to studio album 'Music magic') featuring improvisations by each player. Unfortunately the long intro on Chick's keyboard is ommitted on this record but the overall musical performance sounds terrific to my ears. I really enjoy it, especially on Chick's solo, Stanley bass playing and Gayle - Stanley duo singing. Oh man ... I know that i am more symphonic prog than jazz, but this album is totally great! I am so satisfied listening to this album in its entirety! Keep on proggin'...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#226932) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER "Return to Forever: Live"