RETURN TO FOREVER: LIVE

- Stanley Clarke / bass, piccolo, vocals
- James Tinsley / Flugelhorn, trumpet, piccolo
- Harold Garrett / trombone, tuba
- Chick Corea / keyboards, piano, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer
- Joe Farrell / flute, wind, piccolo, saxophone (Tenor), saxophone (Soprano)
- John Thomas / Flugelhorn, piccolo, trumpet
- Jim Pugh / horn, trombone
- Gayle Moran / Mellophonium, Moog synthesizer, organ (Hammond), vocals, piano
- Gerry Brown / drums

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live Music

RETURN TO FOREVER RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE JC35281 LP Ev0145 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Return to forever: Live at USD $17.84 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER-Live-Rare White Label Promotional Only Album-CHICK COREA USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever ?LIVE White Label Promo JC 35281 VG+ Vinyl Latin Jazz 1978 USD $22.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Return To Forever Jazz Record Album Live Best Of White Label promo Nm USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Live (LP, 1978) USD $2.88 Buy It Now 6 days
Return to Forever - Live LP USD $5.75 Buy It Now 6 days
RETURN TO FOREVER 'LIVE' UK LP USD $10.61 Buy It Now 7 days
SCORPIONS Return To Forever CD Bonus Unplugged Live In Athens DVD Digipak SEALED USD $9.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Return to Forever Live 4 Record Set Chick Corea and More NEVER OPENED NEW 1978 C USD $35.00 Buy It Now 9 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE - JC 35281, JAZZ FUSION, Vinyl Record USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10 days
SCORPIONS Return To Forever CD Bonus Unplugged Live In Athens DVD Digipak SEALED USD $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Return to Forever Live Complete Concert 4LP Set All Vinyl NM/NM- Chick Corea USD $19.95 Buy It Now 11 days
JAPAN 4LP RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE TEH COMPLETE CONCERT 72AP1160-3 CBS SONY OBI USD $69.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Return To Forever - Live RARE 1978 White Label Promo LP Farrell / Corea / Clarke USD $18.74 Buy It Now 17 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE, JC 35281 COLUMBIA PROMO USD $17.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Return to Forever - Stockholm Live 1972 SEALED DOL 180G VINYL LP ROCK USD $23.90 Buy It Now 18 days
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE SUPERB 1978 CBS VINYL LP*NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM USD $10.56 Buy It Now 19 days
RETURN TO FOREVER live konserthuset,cothenburg,Sweden 1975 2CD PROMO RARE USD $43.99 Buy It Now 19 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Live Complete Concert JAPAN '11 3-Mini LPCD's OBI SICP-20305-7 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 19 days
2 TAPE SET STANLEY CLARKE S/T & LIVE 1976 1977 FUNK FUSION Return to Forever USD $16.66 Buy It Now 19 days
SCORPIONS - Return To Forever CD w/Bonus + MTV Unplugged Live In Athens DVD USD $9.89 Buy It Now 20 days
RETURN TO FOREVER: Live LP (UK, sl cw) Jazz USD $18.00 Buy It Now 20 days
SCORPIONS Return To Forever CD + DVD Unplugged Live In Athens Tour Edit in Box USD $7.80 Buy It Now 20 days
Return To Forever: Live - The Complete Concert 3-CD Set (Japanese CD with Obi) USD $50.00 Buy It Now 23 days
57 ALBUM ADVERT 12X4 CHICK COREA & STANLEY CLARK: RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE USD $6.63 Buy It Now 24 days
Return To Forever Live 1978 Columbia LP NM Jazz Fusion PROMO USD $11.99 Buy It Now 24 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Stockholm Live 1972-09-17 - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl LP) USD $17.39 Buy It Now 25 days
SCORPIONS Return To Forever CD + DVD Unplugged Live In Athens Tour Edit Digipak. USD $8.99 Buy It Now 25 days
RETURN TO FOREVER live LP Mint- Promo WLP JC 35281 Vinyl 1978 Record USD $17.50 Buy It Now 25 days
RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE RECORD LP WHITE LABEL PROMO JC 35281 1ST PRESS COLUMBIA USD $8.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Return To forever Live The Complete Concert (mini LP) [Blu-spec CD] LTD (JAPAN) USD $52.03 Buy It Now 25 days
Live: Complete Concert - Return to Forever (CD 1992) 2 CD Set USD $29.95 Buy It Now 27 days
RETURN TO FOREVER "Live" WHITE LABEL PROMO 1978 (COLUMBIA JC 35281) Chick Corea USD $12.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RETURN TO FOREVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Return to Forever: Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars RTF has aways been very important to me as I like the music (very much!) since I heard 'The Endless Night' for the first time in 1977. It blew me away due to its excellent melody, vocal line (Gayle Moran), and unique keyboard / moog solo. This live album is an example on how great the music and the musicians are. The copy i have right now is only a cassette that I purchased in December 30, 1981. By the time I had already been familiar with studio albums of the band and I really enjoyed this live set since the first time I spun the cassette. As a fan of RTF I feel obliged to write a review on this because I am surprised that now one has written it. If you love jazz rock fusion, I assure you like this live performance. (In reviewing this live set, I replay the cassette and I find joy listening to it as it represents the old days when I only had cassettes, no CD).

As a matter of background, RTF had released 7 studio albums with some changes in line-up and two founding members still remain: Chick Corea (keyboard) and Stanley Clarke (bass). Music critics claim that the best lineup was when Lenny White (drums) and Al Di Meola (guitar) joined the band as a quartet. As far as musical taste, I enjoy all of the 7 studio albums as they are predominantly Chick Corea style. Their last studio album Music Magic' (1977) was a big-band line-up with brass section; a dramatic change from previous quartet line-up with Chick-Al-Stanley-Lenny. Lenny White and Al Di Meola were no longer with the band in the last album.

Great improvisations

'So Long Mickey Mouse' is a great example of how the jazz rock fusion music composition played excellently with improvisations on keyboard / mini-moog, bass guitar and flute. Eventhough it sounds complex and relatively moves in fast tempo with high octane energy, the harmonies resulted from each instruments including brass section sounds terrific from start to end. Gayle Moran plays her role nicely as singer with no lyrics but sings choir like 'aaaa...aaaa...aaa' that gives nice texture of the whole track, performed live. Chick plays his inventive keyboard work beautifully, combined with Joe Farrel's flute / piccolo work and dynamic bass playing by Stanley. Garry Brown who sits on drum stool replacing Lenny White is a great drummer as he can provide nice fills between segments.

'The Musician' is basically a tune to demonstrate the masteries of brass section musicians as each individual player is given a chance to perform solo. As I was a trombone player when I joined Marching Band Waditra Ganesha ITB in 1980, I paid particular attention on trombone solos by Jim Pugh (lead tenor), Harold Garret (bass trombone), and Ron Moss (tenor trombone). They all play great! The music itsefl is very energetic, run in relatively fast tempo with excellent groove throughout the track.

I also enjoy Chick's Piano Solo as it is very inventive, dynamic and skillful. He is the best piano player in jazz! In 'Music Magic' the brass section is given a chance to demonstrate their skills in energetic way. 'The Moorish Warrior and The Spanish Princes' is like a big band orchestra, playing in a bit mellow style with nice ambient. Gayle Moran sings nicely on 'Come Rain or Come Shine' with his husband, Chick Corea, plays wonderful notes on his piano.

My favorite track is 'The Endless Night' which is performed wonderfully in an extended version (compared to studio album 'Music magic') featuring improvisations by each player. Unfortunately the long intro on Chick's keyboard is ommitted on this record but the overall musical performance sounds terrific to my ears. I really enjoy it, especially on Chick's solo, Stanley bass playing and Gayle - Stanley duo singing. Oh man ... I know that i am more symphonic prog than jazz, but this album is totally great! I am so satisfied listening to this album in its entirety! Keep on proggin'...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER "Return to Forever: Live"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives