HAVE COME FOR YOUR CHILDREN

A) 20:15
B) 15:22 / 8:02
C) 7:10 / 12:02
D) 8:11 / 5:27 / 4:28

1) Limited edition of 300 copies - double clear vinyl, clear sleeve, postcard insert.
2) 90 copies on black vinyl issued August 2003.

CD EDITION:
1. Untitled (35:37)
2. Untitled (7:52)
3. Untitled (7:12)
4. Untitled (12:02)
5. Untitled (5:29)
6. Untitled (4:28)

Tracks 1-5 use improvisations from 1999 as source material, heavily reconstructed and overdubbed in the studio in August 2001. Track 6 is a piece for hammered dulcimer and mellotron choir.

Search I.E.M. Have Come For Your Children lyrics

Search I.E.M. Have Come For Your Children tabs

- Steven Wilson / all instruments

Gates of Dawn Double LP - GOD007 / Headphone Dust CD - IEM01

I.E.M. MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy I.E.M. Have Come For Your Children Music

More places to buy I.E.M. music online Buy I.E.M. & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for I.E.M. DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

I.E.M. Have Come For Your Children ratings distribution

I.E.M. Have Come For Your Children reviews

4 stars 4.5 stars. This is my favourite IEM album but also the most experimental and therefore most difficult to digest. This has Krautrock written all over it. It's close to 73 minutes of mind bending music, and it's one of the best trips i've had in music. Steven Wilson never ceases to amaze me with not only his talent in the studio but his creativity in making music. This album would have fit in perfectly with those early seventies Krautrock classics.

There are no song titles just 6 untitled tracks. The first song is over 35 minutes and opens with spacey electronic sounds that come and go. This is haunting to say the least. I like the mellotron that comes in before 2 1/2 minutes. Guitar after 4 1/2 minutes starts to come and go. We start to get a beat then the guitar becomes prominant. This is so good. Flute-like sounds before 12 minutes that stop before 14 1/2 minutes then the guitar returns making noise. It's dark and experimental. A calm before 20 1/2 minutes. Flute comes in then the guitar returns before 22 minutes. It kicks in at 22 1/2 minutes. Nice. The mellotron is back then the flute at 25 minutes. The guitar takes over for the flute around 28 minutes. Mellotron is back late with guitar. An incredible ride !

The second song opens with deep bass sounds that slowly pulse as an eerie sound sweeps over top. Drums before 2 1/2 minutes. A heavy atmosphere can almost be felt. Sax after 5 minutes. Track 3 features these loud and strange sounds to start. The guitar comes in just ripping it up as the drums pound. Nothing melodic or accessible about this (haha). Horns 3 1/2 minutes in replace the guitar. The fourth tune opens with a beat as other sounds come and go. Horns come in and there's this dark and powerful atmosphere as well. Incredible ! The guitar takes over and echoes 7 1/2 minutes in. It settles right down 9 minutes in. The fifth song is noisy and loud as horns and drums come in. The noise stops before 2 minutes as drums and horns continue. The noise is back again as it comes and goes. The final track opens with mellotron choirs (gulp) then the hammered dulcimer joins in before 2 minutes. This track is so majestic as the mellotron flows beautifully.

I really think this is a must for Krautrock fans as also fans of spacey Psychedelic music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#278488) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 18, 2010

4 stars Beautiful, concise, strong and coherent. Few experimental records show a tight situation between a band and the mastermind, in this particular case, music-wiz STEVEN WILSON created a passage of 6 different soundscapes from "regular" jam/krautrock to noise and finishing with ambient textures. Eac ... (read more)

Report this review (#98849) | Posted by arqwave | Wednesday, November 15, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of I.E.M. "Have Come For Your Children"