MID-EIGHTIES

Robert Wyatt Mid-Eighties album cover

Buy ROBERT WYATT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1993

1. Yolanda (4:11)
2. Te Recuerdo Amanda (3:33)
3. Biko (4:37)
4. Amber and the Amberines (4:11)
5. Memories of You (2:57)
6. 'Round Midnight (4:10)
7. Pigs... (In There) (2:39)
8. Chairman Mao (6:16)
9. Alliance (4:23)
10. The United States of Amnesia (5:50)
11. East Timor (2:53)
12. Speechless (3:37)
13. The Age of Self (2:50)
14. Vandalusia (2:43)
15. The British Road (6:48)
16. Mass Medium (4:16)
17. Gharbzadegi (8:20)
18. P.L.A. (2:07)
19. Alfie and Robert Sail off into the Sunset (1:40)

Search ROBERT WYATT Mid-Eighties lyrics

Search ROBERT WYATT Mid-Eighties tabs

- Robert Wyatt / vocals, keyboards, percussion

Guests:
- Hugh Hopper / syntheziser (4)
- Dave MacRae / keyboards (5,6)
- Alfreda Benge / voice (17)

CD Gramavision R2-79488 (1993) / CS Gramavision R4-79488

and to Fassbinder for the last updates

ROBERT WYATT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROBERT WYATT Mid-Eighties Music

Mid EightiesMid Eighties
Wea Corp 1993

More places to buy ROBERT WYATT music online Buy ROBERT WYATT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROBERT WYATT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROBERT WYATT Mid-Eighties ratings distribution

ROBERT WYATT Mid-Eighties reviews

Review by progmonster
4 stars "Mid-Eighties" is a special issue on Rough Trade - now deleted - wich adds to the complete and underesteemated "Old Rottenhat" album the "Work in Progress" EP and some other B sides and side projects that are today available on the "EP" 5 cd box set published by Rykodisc. The only true exclusive track in this collection is the short "Alfie and Robert Sail off into the Sunset" wich closes the set. Not worthy for two minutes you will say ? Right. But for any true Wyatt hardcore fan, this two tiny minutes of pure melancholic dementia represents more than any words can say. I, for instance, deeply regret to have sold this cd at the release of the box. It haunts me. And will again. Always.

Send comments to progmonster (BETA) | Report this review (#29851) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Review by soundsweird
3 stars A mixed bag, which is true of all compilations, I suppose. The more material Wyatt puts out, the less essential a lot of his mid-period stuff becomes. I guess it's just the under- produced feeling that comes from this period, when you feel fortunate to have a percussion track tacked on to the usual vocal-and-drony-organ schtick. It takes a really special song to keep me interested when every song has this same arrangement. I guess a lot of people think his lyrics are enough to carry some of these musically simple tracks, but I long for the old days. Likewise, the newer stuff (Shleep & Cuckooland) is much more listenable, and contains more of his loopy sense of humor.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#29852) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 01, 2005

4 stars WOW! Reviewers here are tough on this one, but I believe this is the best Wyatt purchase of his middle period. The entire Old Rottenhat LP is here accompanied by seven outstanding EP cuts at a very reasonable price - hell, I picked it up from a cut-out bin for three US dollars! I agree that ... (read more)

Report this review (#88210) | Posted by | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Let me start by saying that I am a SOFT MACHINE fan. Yes,you could even call me a SOFT MACHINE lover!I love all of SOFT MACHINE's music from all of the different band line ups.And even though I like much of Robert Wyatt's solo output,I was greatly disappointed in this release.I picked this up ... (read more)

Report this review (#70044) | Posted by bob x | Monday, February 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROBERT WYATT "Mid-Eighties"