SEVEN (A SUITE FOR ORCHESTRA)

Tony Banks

3. The Gateway (7:31)
4. The Ram (8:52)
5. Earthlight (4:43)
6. Neap Tide (4:58)
7. The Spirit Of Gravity (11:38)

Search TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) lyrics

Search TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) tabs

- Tony Banks / piano
- London Philharmonic Orchestra

NAXOS Label

and to Joolz for the last updates

TONY BANKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) Music

Curious Feeling: 30th Anniversary EditionCurious Feeling: 30th Anniversary Edition
Esoteric Records 2009
FugitiveFugitive
EMI Europe Generic 1994
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
NM 1983 Tony Banks / The Fugitive LP US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 31m
TONY BANKS fugitive LP 9 track in embossed sleeve (tblp1) uk charisma 1983 US $13.73 Buy It Now 5h 12m
LP TONY BANKS the fugitive US $8.45 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Tony Banks "Fugitive" US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 58m
TONY BANKS~THE FUGITIVE~ORIG 1983 LP~GENESIS~ATLANTIC RECORDS US $8.00 Buy It Now 12h
Tony Banks "A Curious Feeling" VINTAGE VINYL LP!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Tony Banks Sound Japan Promo Vinyl LP Genesis Marillion US $59.99 Buy It Now 18h 25m
TONY BANKS - A CURIOUS FEELING VINYL LP + INNER - TONY BANKS US $5.05 Buy It Now 22h 45m
TONY BANKS The Wicked Lady '83 ATLANTIC ORIG MOVIE SOUNDTRACK LP ULTRA RARE NMnt US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS 'A CURIOUS FEELING' UK LP US $13.51 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS LP RECORD, A CURIOUS FEELING US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tony Banks "A Curious Feeling" 12" LP, 1979 Charisma USA, Genesis related US $1.00 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS - I WANNA CHANGE SCORE 1TK PROMO CD CS24 US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE WICKED LADY LP Original Soundtrack SEALED '83 TONY BANKS GENESIS US $7.50 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS a curious feeling CAS 1148 uk charisma 1979 LP PS EX/EX with inner US $15.20 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS THE FUGITIVE & PHIL COLLINS BOTH SIDES (2 CASSETTES) READ NOTES US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tony Banks(Vinyl LP)A Curious Feeling-Charisma-CAS 1148-UK-VG+/NM US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tony Banks(Vinyl LP)A Curious Feeling-Charisma-CAS 1148-UK-VG+/NM US $13.51 Buy It Now 2 days
TONY BANKS NIK KERSHAW i wanna change the 7" PS EX/EX tos 029 US $11.82 Buy It Now 2 days
Genesis by Genesis Pressed in Germany by Polygram 1983 Phil Collins Tony Banks US $19.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Invisible Touch Japanese Press Phil Collins Tony Banks Mike Rutherford US $19.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Live German press Peter Gabriel Phil Collins Steve Hackett Tony Banks US $14.99 [0 bids]
Genesis A Trick of the Tail Atco Japanese Phil Collins Steve Hackett Tony Banks US $19.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Wind & Wuthering Japanese Pressed Phil Collins Steve Hackett Tony Banks US $19.99 [0 bids]
Tony Banks: Seven (A Suite for Orchestra) by Mike Dixon Keyboardist from Genesis US $9.99 [0 bids]
FISH & TONY BANKS-"SHORT CUT TO SOMEWHERE" 1986 U.K. ISSUE 12" EP-NM VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS live over europe 2 CD TONY BANKS PHIL COLLINS SEALED MD39 US $12.99 [0 bids]
s/t QUICKSILVER-TONY BANKS/ROGER DALTREY/FISH...ATLANTIC 81631-1-E NEW SEALED LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 2 days
TONY BANKS of GENESIS Japan 1986 NM LP+Obi SOUNDTRACKS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tony Banks-Soundtracks-Cassette-*Sealed*-Atlantic-7 81680 4 US $0.99 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS - A CURIOUS FEELING - 1ST ED CHARISMA USA - GENESIS - EXCELLENT US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tony Banks ?- Soundtracks LP Vinyl 816801 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP 1979 Jazz Polydor Made in Canada VG/VG+ US $6.95 Buy It Now 2 days
TONY BANKS The Fugitive LP 1983 Atlantic Records VG+/VG+ Genesis Prog Solo Album US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
TONY BANKS - A CURIOUS FEELING - WHITE LABEL PROMO CHARISMA LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Calling All Stations - Genesis 1996 Atlantic Records Phil Collins Tony Banks US $7.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Tony Banks A Curious Feeling UK vinyl LP album record CAS1148 CHARISMA 1979 US $26.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Tony Banks vinyl LP album record The Fugitive - Ex Dutch 812383-1 CHARISMA US $21.47 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS THE FUGITIVE Promo LP from 1983 Yes Related Atlantic Records 80071 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SEALED TONY BANKS BANKSTATEMENT GENESIS 82007-1 VINYL LP ALBUM US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS, SOUNDTRACKS /GENESIS/ LP 1986 UK A1/B1 EX+/EX- US $5.05 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS, A CURIOUS FEELING /GENESIS SOLO ALBUM/ LP UK A1/B1 VG+/VG+, INNER/SL US $4.21 [0 bids]
Tony Banks"For a While" PROMO 45 US $4.95 Buy It Now 3 days
1983 TONY BANKS The Fugitive LP Atlantic 80071 Lot# 635 US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS (Genesis) A Curious Feeling 1979 FAMOUS CHARISMA PROG ROCK LP NMINT- US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GENESIS "DUKE" PHIL COLLINS MICHAEL RUTHERFORD TONY BANKS RECORD / LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS The Way We Walk, Vol. 2: The Longs CD (UK) PROG Phil Collins, Tony Banks US $2.29 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS:A CURIOUS FEELING:EX+ US $21.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks - This Is Love M- 1983 PROMO!! US $5.99 [0 bids]
1983 - TONY BANKS (Genesis) - The Fugitive - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.20 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling - * EXCELLENT * - LP Vinyl Record US $13.44 Buy It Now 4 days
TONY BANKS[GENESIS]Steve Hillage: BANKSTATEMENT [Throwback,Queen of Darkness++] US $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Fish CD Single Lady Let It Lie Marillion Genesis Tony Banks US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING VG+ HEAR IT US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BANKS, TONY - TONY BANKS: SEVEN (A SUITE FOR ORCHESTRA) - NEW CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks (Genesis) - Banks Statement - Atlantic Canada LP - promo stick - ss US $69.00 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING / JAPAN WITH OBI US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks A Curious Feeling esoteric US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS (GENESIS) - THIS IS LOVE - DUTCH PRES. WITH SAMPLE STICKER ON LABEL US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS (GENESIS) - AND THE WHEELS KEEP TURNING - DUTCH PRESSING US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Genesis - We Can't Dance (Atlantic AM) Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, Tony Banks US $1.13 Buy It Now 5 days
RARE! Tony Banks: The Fugitive (EX/NM LP) US $8.45 [0 bids]
RARE! Tony Banks: Soundtracks (EX/NM LP) US $8.45 [0 bids]
GENESIS live over europe 2 CD TONY BANKS PHIL COLLINS SEALED MD39 PromoPrice US $12.99 [0 bids]
Tony Banks The Fugitive SEALED SS NEW LP record cut out US $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS "A CURIOUS FEELING" 33 RPM VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM US $9.95 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS "SOUNDTRACKS" MUSIC FROM FILMS - LP RECORD US $9.95 [0 bids]
Tony Banks Lot Of 2 LPS The Fugitive & a curious Feeling NM LP & US $4.99 [0 bids]
Strictly Inc. Tony Banks of Genesis solo album -- Virgin Records -- CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS The Fugitive LP Atlantic 80071 US 1983 SEALED M US $8.48 Buy It Now 5 days
Bankstatement, S/T, LP, Vinyl. Rock. Genesis. Tony Banks. Sawmark,Promo US $0.99 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS 7" VINYL P/S AND THE WHEELS KEEP TURNING CHARISMA BANKS 2 GENESIS EX US $6.61 Buy It Now 6 days
Tony Banks: A Curious Feeling vinyl LP (Genesis) US $6.74 Buy It Now 6 days
TONY BANKS:(From Genesis)For A While 3:25 Stereo-Same-U.S. 7" DJ w/Lyric Sheet US $16.98 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS, THREE SIDES LIVE RARE VINYL 2 LP SET PHIL COLLINS/TONY BANKS, NEAR MINT US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
TONY BANKS "STILL" FIRST EDITION U.K. IMPORT 1991 VIRGIN RECORDS NEAR MINT US $12.95 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS CD..Still by Tony Banks ..GENESIS..PHIL COLLINS. PETER GABRIEL US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Genesis CD s/t - Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford US $9.99 [0 bids]
Still - Tony Banks (Cassette 1992, Giant) in NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tony Banks - The Fugitive - LP Record/Vinyl 1983 Atlantic Rec. 7 80071-1 US $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS BANKSTATEMENT OUT NOW ALBUM 1989 GENESIS 30X20 POSTER ADVERT US $6.74 Buy It Now 7 days
The Fugitive Tony Banks UK vinyl LP album record TBLP1 CHARISMA 1983 US $26.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Tony Banks A Curious Feeling Vinyl LP + Inner Sleeve - EX US $6.74 Buy It Now 7 days
Tony Banks - Seven CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 7 days
Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling LP Record US $4.23 Buy It Now 8 days
TONY BANKS fugitive poster uk charisma promo folded poster, /ex US $8.43 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks-ATL-The Fugitive SS US $20.00 Buy It Now 8 days
TONY BANKS - A CURIOUS FEELING LP US $4.21 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks This Is Love / At The Edge Of Night PROMO 12 Inch Vinyl US $4.75 Buy It Now 8 days
Soundtracks - Tony Banks (Cassette 1986, Atlantic) NEW in Shrink-Wrap US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Curious Feeling: 30th Anniversary Edition (Aniv), Tony Banks, Very Good Import US $17.70 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks Bankstatement vinyl LP album record UK V2600 VIRGIN 1989 US $25.35 Buy It Now 8 days
TONY BANKS a curious feeling CAS 1148 A1/B1 1st press uk charisma LP PS EX/EX US $16.55 Buy It Now 8 days
Original 1979 TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" CAS 1148 US $9.94 Buy It Now 9 days
TONY BANKS - A Curious Feeling - Excellent Condition LP Record Charisma CAS 1148 US $13.51 Buy It Now 9 days
TONY BANKS Soundtracks (Cassette) NEW Sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling CAS 1148 UK LP 1979 Charisma Genesis US $11.82 Buy It Now 9 days
TONY BANKS - And The Wheels Keep Turning (7" Vinyl PS - Charisma BANKS 2) EX/VG US $5.05 Buy It Now 9 days
Fish & Tony Banks - Shortcut To Somewhere - 7" Vinyl Single in Picture Sleeve US $8.45 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy TONY BANKS music online Buy TONY BANKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TONY BANKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) ratings distribution

TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Blazing saddles

Let's be clear from the start here, this is Tony Banks in the role of composer. Apart from the odd appearance on the piano, he leaves the entire performance to the London Philharmonic Orchestra. The album is on the budget classical label "Naxos", and consists of (unsurprisingly) seven orchestral pieces. In this form, it's certainly not prog by any stretch of the imagination, although had he chosen to perform it using a modern day rock combo, it would of course have sounded very different, and probably quite progressive. The opening track "Spring tide" does at times have more than a passing resemblance to some of the music on "A curious feeling".

The pieces are generally what might be considered to be at the lighter end of the classical music spectrum, the type which feature on "best of the classics" collections. I'm not an expert by any means on that sort of music, but I suspect a "serious" classical music buff would find the compositions to be "pop" orientated. At times "Seven" sounds a bit too much like a film score, once or twice I had visions of John Wayne leading the cavalry riding over the hill to save the day at the last minute.

In all, an enjoyable and interesting diversion for both Banks and his audience. I have to say though, had this album not borne his name, I would have left it on the shelf along with the many other classical albums which sound oh so similar to this one.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#29896) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Review by Chris S
4 stars OK this is classical music but then again Genesis wrote classic music. In any event Genesis will be deemed classical in about 100 years from now! How many artist nowadays have the guts to go totally classical after so many years of rock music? Not many....' Seven' is a wonderful work of music. Bearing in mind Bank's now in his early 50's felt the timing was right to face this challenge. He did it in style and the album gets better and better with repeated listening. And also you can unmistakenly hear the Genesis sound there too. Spring Tide and Earthlight recommended.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#29899) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 09, 2004

Review by lor68
3 stars Well this time Mr Banks - former soul of "early Genesis" with Peter Gabriel, is involved with an ambitious project, concerning a symphonic album in a "classical music" format, but which is closer to a certain type of New Age (I think of Vangelis) than any true album of classical music. The songs are quite evocative and performed with an emotional feeling, but his typical chords and music patterns are often replaced by a simple structure.some harmonic passages, a little bit more difficult, are performed by the London Symphonic Orchestra; instead the melodic piano by Banks is not equal to his best piano pieces (I think of "Firth of Fifth" within "Selling England by the Pound" - or also the music intro of "The Lamb Lies down on Broadway").Otherwise He has been in the habit to play simple parts - often using a simple sequencer - in the recent disappointing albums by late Genesis, so I'm not surprised about that!!

A good album, not bad at all, but perhaps a little bit anachronistic.make your own choice as usual!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#82176) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Give us back Pop-Tony any day!

This is Classical music, pure and simple. There is not a hint of Prog here, or any type of Rock for that matter (nor Pop). Needless to say, this has nothing to do with Genesis or the rest of Tony Banks' solo discography. Tony performs here only on Classical piano, but the major musical space is given to the symphonic orchestra.

Tony Banks solo output is overall rather weak, but even his worst Pop albums are preferable over this, in my opinion. I promise that I will give this album another chance someday, but for now I just find it dull and I find myself unable to give it the appropriate attention needed to write a good or even fair review. I don't have enough knowledge and experience with this type of music in order to judge the relative quality of the present work. But I certainly cannot recommend it unless you want absolutely everything connected to Genesis and Tony Banks. This is rather one of those releases were you wonder if it really is the same Tony Banks?

No doubt about the rating here.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#288514) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 28, 2010

2 stars I really wanted to like this album. I was actually very pleased to hear Tony had done an orchestral album, as I imagined he would probably be really good at this. And I gave it quite a few good listens until I finally, sadly, decided this album just doesn't do it for me. There's very little here, ... (read more)

Report this review (#184105) | Posted by splyu | Monday, September 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Hmmm.....maybe I'm just an uncultured listener who can't appreciate music without a beat, but this album disappointed me. I was actually quite excited when I first heard about it, because Tony has always so obviously been influenced by classical music, and I thought maybe now we'll all get to f ... (read more)

Report this review (#158301) | Posted by bassandbeyond | Thursday, January 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I read a lot of negative critic here about this album. People say that this not progressive music, that Banks is not a good orchestrator and he should stick to piano, that if there not were Banks name on this record it would never end up here, that this sounds like fourth rate nineteenth centu ... (read more)

Report this review (#74849) | Posted by pirkka | Thursday, April 13, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars As much as I love Banks' contributions to Genesis, this one simply does not work. Add his name to the growing list of pop/rock stars who want to make a step-out into the "classical" music field (Paul McCartney, Joe Jackson, Billy Joel) and end up sounding like fourth rate nineteenth century co ... (read more)

Report this review (#29902) | Posted by Dragon Phoenix | Monday, May 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This album is essentially disappointing. It's obvious that Banks is not an orchestrator and his ideas are maybe better implemented that on The Wicked Lady, but it is still definitely not a Masterwork. If only Bank would make a classical keyboard/piano album. Just listen to some of the instr ... (read more)

Report this review (#29901) | Posted by | Wednesday, March 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Being a professional of classical music, and an old-date Genesis fan at the same time, puts me in a difficult position in judging this work. Modern so-called "classical music" is in no way associated with what you can listen to in this issue. If I did not know it was by Mr. Banks I'd say it wa ... (read more)

Report this review (#29898) | Posted by | Monday, June 28, 2004 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Disaspointment. Because I was expecting more the kind of masterpiece like Steve Hackett's Midsummer night dream '' or Anthony Phillips majestuous Tarka. My expectations in '' Seven '' were so great that I've finally been disapointed and never listened the record to the end. The global envelo ... (read more)

Report this review (#29897) | Posted by | Monday, June 28, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is what Tony is best at. Instrumental music. His melodies here are highly emotive, and continually morphing. His trademark chord and key changes are here, but of course performed by orhestra rather than his signature keyboards. Still, the music is very beautiful and 'Spring Tide' is one of the ... (read more)

Report this review (#29895) | Posted by | Monday, April 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TONY BANKS "Seven (A Suite For Orchestra)"