SEVEN (A SUITE FOR ORCHESTRA)

Tony Banks

3. The Gateway (7:31)
4. The Ram (8:52)
5. Earthlight (4:43)
6. Neap Tide (4:58)
7. The Spirit Of Gravity (11:38)

Search TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) lyrics

Search TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) tabs

- Tony Banks / piano
- London Philharmonic Orchestra

NAXOS Label

and to Joolz for the last updates

TONY BANKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) Music

Curious Feeling: 30th Anniversary EditionCurious Feeling: 30th Anniversary Edition
Esoteric Records 2009
Giant Records (Warner) 1992
SoundtracksSoundtracks
Soundtrack · Import
Virgin/EMI Int'l 1995
Tony Banks "Bank Statement" 12" LP, 1989 Atlantic USA, Genesis related US $3.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS Paperlate EXC 1982 1ST PRESS 7" ATLANTIC 45rpm Phil Collins-Tony Banks US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 59m
TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP GENESIS US $13.38 Buy It Now 6h 35m
FISH - TONY BANKS Short Cut to Somewhere/Smilin Jack Casey/K2 12" 45 rpm Single US $8.05 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Banks, Tony Banks: Seven CD (UK Import) NEW US $9.51 Buy It Now 7h 55m
A Curious Feeling, Tony Banks, Good LP US $9.42 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Soundtracks TONY BANKS LP Record SEALED 1986 RARE US $17.40 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Tony Banks LP A Curious Feeling, rare White Label Promo, Genesis, EX US $6.00 [0 bids]
Tony Banks Banks:Six/Pieces For Orch CD (UK Import) NEW US $9.73 Buy It Now 19h 43m
TONY BANKS THE FUGITIVE US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING ( 1979 LP CAS1148 ) US $16.71 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS live over europe 2 CD TONY BANKS PHIL COLLINS SEALED MD39 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
7"-Single TONY BANKS' BANKSTATEMENT - Throwback (1979) GERMANY PS / GENESIS-SOLO US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS The Wicked Lady SOUNDTRACK LP - SEALED MINT 1983 ATLANTIC 80073-1 US $24.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Tony Banks-a curious feeling.LP genesis US $13.38 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS - For A While - PROG ROCK 45 - Charisma Promo US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tony Banks: A Curious Feeling LP VG++/NM Canada Polydor CA-1-2207 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS Genesis Keyboard 1st SOLO LP Curious Feeling US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Tony Banks A Curious Feeling Japan ORG Promo White Label Vinyl LP w OBI Genesis US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS Soundtrack LP ATLANTIC 1986 GENESIS Player Legend VERY CLEAN w TOYAH! US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING VINYL LP AUSTRALIA issue rock US $17.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Tony Banks - Seven (A Suite for Orchestra) CD (Genesis) (Prog Rock) (2004) US $13.37 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS & NIK KERSHAW I Wanna Change The Score Cd US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS - Bankstatement - 1989 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.53 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS NIK KERSHAW Rare UK 1991 CD Single I WANNA CHANGE THE SCORE MINT US $38.46 Buy It Now 1 day
"The Fugitive", by Tony Banks (LP, 1983, Atlantic Records) US $5.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Tony Banks Interview Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1973 US $20.08 Buy It Now 2 days
Tony Banks - Soundtracks LP Rare Israeli Press GENESIS US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS and ANDY TAYLOR UK 1989 12" Single THE GIFT DiscNEW US $7.51 Buy It Now 3 days
the wicked lady(music tony banks)atl-sealed US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
FISH & TONY BANKS-"SHORT CUT TO SOMEWHERE" 1986 U.K. ISSUE 12" EP-NM VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
Tony Banks - The Fugitive [ 33 rpm vinyl ] US $11.00 [0 bids]
OST / "PROMO / NM WAX" TONY BANKS Quicksilver 25VB-1095 OBI LP u0587 US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS DJ COPY 45: SHORTCUT TO SOMEWHERE(from QUICKSILVER,1986, STEREO) RARE US $29.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Tony Banks: Seven (A Suite for Orchestra) by Mike Dixon Keyboardist from Genesis US $9.99 [0 bids]
KEYBOARD MAGAZINE - NOV. 1984 -TONY BANKS & EVOLUTION OF GENESIS US $3.00 [0 bids]
Genesis CD s/t - Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford US $10.99 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS - THE FUGITIVE , CHARISMA 1983 , EX/M- ,LP US $7.45 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS the fugitive TBLP 1 dutch charisma LP PS EX/EX embossed sleeve US $15.21 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks of Genesis - Seven :A Suite for Orchestra (7 track CD album 2004) US $6.69 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks Genesis Atlantic Solo LP 1983 US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks - Still (1992 solo release from Genesis keyboardist - Giant Records) US $2.39 Buy It Now 4 days
GENESIS / WE CAN'T DANCE Japan CD OOP Phil Collins Tony Banks Mike Rutherford US $0.99 [1 bids]
TONY BANKS (GENESIS) - "For A While"/"A Curious" - 1979 1st UK 7" Single - A1/B1 US $23.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks Feat Andy Taylor The Gift (PS) 12" Vinyl Single US $10.86 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Banks - Seven - A Suite For Orchestra (2004 Orchestral/"Classical" album) US $1.89 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS TONY BANKS original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 1486-14 US $16.71 Buy It Now 5 days
Tony Banks,A Curious Feeling,On The Famous Charisma Label Mad Hatter,LP US $10.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Tony Banks,The Fugitive,LP US $10.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Tony Banks,Soundtracks,On The Famous Charisma Label Mad Hatter,LP US $10.02 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS of GENESIS Japan 1986 NM LP+Obi SOUNDTRACKS US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS The Way We Walk, Vol. 2: The Longs CD (UK) PROG Phil Collins, Tony Banks US $2.99 [0 bids]
Fish & Tony Banks original seal intact UK 12 Short Cut to Somewhere US $9.75 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS a curious feeling +INNER SLVCharisma blue US $15.04 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS ~ Still,UK vinyl LP 1991 Virgin records V2658 US $16.71 Buy It Now 6 days
TONY BANKS For A While b/w From THe Undertow STOCK 45 M- US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tony Banks This Is Love/Same 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling LP Genesis US $13.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tony Banks / A Curious Feeling - 1979 LP (NM/EX) US $12.50 Buy It Now 6 days
TONY BANKS 'THE FUGITIVE' US IMPORT LP US $13.37 Buy It Now 6 days
Tony Banks (Genesis) A Curious Feeling 1979 Charisma CAS 1148 UK Vinyl LP US $4.10 Buy It Now 7 days
Soundtracks: Tony Banks of Genesis SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS: A Curious Feeling (Charisma) 1979 US $9.19 Buy It Now 7 days
The Way We Walk Vol. 2 GENESIS LIVE Tony Banks Phil Collins Limited Ediiton CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Tony Banks Genesis - Fugitive Cutout SEALED US $18.17 Buy It Now 7 days
Bankstatement- self titled- Tony Banks- new/sealed cassette tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS GENESIS BANKSTATEMENT LP 1988 USA ATLANTIC RECORDS US $13.13 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS a curious feeling LP 11 track embossed sleeve with inner (cas1148) uk US $8.35 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS fugitive LP 9 track (tblp1) uk charisma 1983 US $8.35 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS This Is Love b/w Charm STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
FISH/TONY BANKS Short Cut To Somewhere/Smilin' Jack Casey/K2 12" VINYL SINGLE US $16.71 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks - Bankstatement holepunch SEALED US $22.73 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks -- A Curious Feeling 1979 album on CD Caroline Blue Plate // Genesis US $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
TONY BANKS / A CURIOUS FEELING / 1979 LP WITH INNER SLEEVE A1/B1 GENESIS US $8.35 Buy It Now 8 days
5012981265823 Still by Tony Banks (1991) - Import CD - FAST POST US $10.02 Buy It Now 8 days
TONY BANKS (GENESIS) THE FUGITIVE CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P US $147.21 Buy It Now 9 days
TONY BANKS GENESIS) BANKSTATEMENT CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P US $147.21 Buy It Now 9 days
GENESIS Vtg 1980`s Button Badge Pin (25mm-1") Phil Collins Tony Banks#GEN105 US $3.33 Buy It Now 9 days
TONY BANKS FEATURING ANDY TAYLOR gift 12" 3 trk test pressing in title stickered US $8.35 Buy It Now 9 days
TONY BANKS from GENESIS solo USA DJ 7" 45 THIS IS LOVE US $3.60 Buy It Now 9 days
Genesis Invisible Touch UK Vinyl LP Signed Copy Mike & Mechanics Tony Banks US $99.99 Buy It Now 9 days
TONY BANKS~"A Curious Feeling"~UK Charisma LP 1979~CAS1148~GENESIS+WICKED LADY!! US $13.37 Buy It Now 9 days
Tony Banks "A Curious Feeling" 12" LP, 1979 Charisma USA, Genesis related US $2.00 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS GENESIS ISRAEL LP ISRAELI PRESSING HEBREW COVER US $35.00 Buy It Now 9 days
PROG Tony Banks Still ORIGINAL Virgin CDV2658 Genesis Marillion Fish Progressive US $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
TONY BANKS - A CURIOUS FEELING VINYL LP + INNER - TONY BANKS US $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING CD GOLD DISC LP FREE P+P! US $147.21 Buy It Now 10 days
BANKSTATEMENT Bankstatement LP Tony Banks Genesis Steve Hillage US $16.73 Buy It Now 10 days
Curious Feeling-Remastered - Tony Banks (2009, CD New) US $10.88 Buy It Now 10 days
TONY BANKS - CURIOUS FEELING: 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION NEW CD US $25.07 Buy It Now 10 days
Tony Banks-Soundtracks LP 1986 Atlantic TOYAH Fish GENESIS US $4.90 Buy It Now 10 days
TONY BANKS - I WANNA CHANGE THE SCORE 1TK PROMO DJ CD CS24 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Tony Banks A Curious Feeling: 30th Anniversary Edition CD US $11.76 Buy It Now 10 days
TONY BANKS - A CURIOUS FEELING [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $15.31 Buy It Now 10 days
Tony Banks - Seven: A Suite For Orchestra (Dixon LPO) (Music CD) US $17.07 Buy It Now 11 days
Tony Banks: Six pieces for orchestra (Music CD) US $17.07 Buy It Now 11 days
The Wicked Lady - Soundtrack by Tony Banks (Genesis)-Free UK post US $17.73 Buy It Now 11 days
Tony Banks - Curious Feeling-Remastered CD US $27.74 Buy It Now 11 days
A Curious Feeling [Slipcase] by Tony Banks (CD, Oct-... US $15.85 Buy It Now 11 days
Tony Banks - Curious Feeling A (Music CD) US $27.87 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy TONY BANKS music online Buy TONY BANKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TONY BANKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) ratings distribution

TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Blazing saddles

Let's be clear from the start here, this is Tony Banks in the role of composer. Apart from the odd appearance on the piano, he leaves the entire performance to the London Philharmonic Orchestra. The album is on the budget classical label "Naxos", and consists of (unsurprisingly) seven orchestral pieces. In this form, it's certainly not prog by any stretch of the imagination, although had he chosen to perform it using a modern day rock combo, it would of course have sounded very different, and probably quite progressive. The opening track "Spring tide" does at times have more than a passing resemblance to some of the music on "A curious feeling".

The pieces are generally what might be considered to be at the lighter end of the classical music spectrum, the type which feature on "best of the classics" collections. I'm not an expert by any means on that sort of music, but I suspect a "serious" classical music buff would find the compositions to be "pop" orientated. At times "Seven" sounds a bit too much like a film score, once or twice I had visions of John Wayne leading the cavalry riding over the hill to save the day at the last minute.

In all, an enjoyable and interesting diversion for both Banks and his audience. I have to say though, had this album not borne his name, I would have left it on the shelf along with the many other classical albums which sound oh so similar to this one.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#29896) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Review by Chris S
4 stars OK this is classical music but then again Genesis wrote classic music. In any event Genesis will be deemed classical in about 100 years from now! How many artist nowadays have the guts to go totally classical after so many years of rock music? Not many....' Seven' is a wonderful work of music. Bearing in mind Bank's now in his early 50's felt the timing was right to face this challenge. He did it in style and the album gets better and better with repeated listening. And also you can unmistakenly hear the Genesis sound there too. Spring Tide and Earthlight recommended.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#29899) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 09, 2004

Review by lor68
3 stars Well this time Mr Banks - former soul of "early Genesis" with Peter Gabriel, is involved with an ambitious project, concerning a symphonic album in a "classical music" format, but which is closer to a certain type of New Age (I think of Vangelis) than any true album of classical music. The songs are quite evocative and performed with an emotional feeling, but his typical chords and music patterns are often replaced by a simple structure.some harmonic passages, a little bit more difficult, are performed by the London Symphonic Orchestra; instead the melodic piano by Banks is not equal to his best piano pieces (I think of "Firth of Fifth" within "Selling England by the Pound" - or also the music intro of "The Lamb Lies down on Broadway").Otherwise He has been in the habit to play simple parts - often using a simple sequencer - in the recent disappointing albums by late Genesis, so I'm not surprised about that!!

A good album, not bad at all, but perhaps a little bit anachronistic.make your own choice as usual!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#82176) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Give us back Pop-Tony any day!

This is Classical music, pure and simple. There is not a hint of Prog here, or any type of Rock for that matter (nor Pop). Needless to say, this has nothing to do with Genesis or the rest of Tony Banks' solo discography. Tony performs here only on Classical piano, but the major musical space is given to the symphonic orchestra.

Tony Banks solo output is overall rather weak, but even his worst Pop albums are preferable over this, in my opinion. I promise that I will give this album another chance someday, but for now I just find it dull and I find myself unable to give it the appropriate attention needed to write a good or even fair review. I don't have enough knowledge and experience with this type of music in order to judge the relative quality of the present work. But I certainly cannot recommend it unless you want absolutely everything connected to Genesis and Tony Banks. This is rather one of those releases were you wonder if it really is the same Tony Banks?

No doubt about the rating here.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#288514) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 28, 2010

2 stars I really wanted to like this album. I was actually very pleased to hear Tony had done an orchestral album, as I imagined he would probably be really good at this. And I gave it quite a few good listens until I finally, sadly, decided this album just doesn't do it for me. There's very little here, ... (read more)

Report this review (#184105) | Posted by splyu | Monday, September 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Hmmm.....maybe I'm just an uncultured listener who can't appreciate music without a beat, but this album disappointed me. I was actually quite excited when I first heard about it, because Tony has always so obviously been influenced by classical music, and I thought maybe now we'll all get to f ... (read more)

Report this review (#158301) | Posted by bassandbeyond | Thursday, January 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I read a lot of negative critic here about this album. People say that this not progressive music, that Banks is not a good orchestrator and he should stick to piano, that if there not were Banks name on this record it would never end up here, that this sounds like fourth rate nineteenth centu ... (read more)

Report this review (#74849) | Posted by pirkka | Thursday, April 13, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars As much as I love Banks' contributions to Genesis, this one simply does not work. Add his name to the growing list of pop/rock stars who want to make a step-out into the "classical" music field (Paul McCartney, Joe Jackson, Billy Joel) and end up sounding like fourth rate nineteenth century co ... (read more)

Report this review (#29902) | Posted by Dragon Phoenix | Monday, May 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This album is essentially disappointing. It's obvious that Banks is not an orchestrator and his ideas are maybe better implemented that on The Wicked Lady, but it is still definitely not a Masterwork. If only Bank would make a classical keyboard/piano album. Just listen to some of the instr ... (read more)

Report this review (#29901) | Posted by | Wednesday, March 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Being a professional of classical music, and an old-date Genesis fan at the same time, puts me in a difficult position in judging this work. Modern so-called "classical music" is in no way associated with what you can listen to in this issue. If I did not know it was by Mr. Banks I'd say it wa ... (read more)

Report this review (#29898) | Posted by | Monday, June 28, 2004 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Disaspointment. Because I was expecting more the kind of masterpiece like Steve Hackett's Midsummer night dream '' or Anthony Phillips majestuous Tarka. My expectations in '' Seven '' were so great that I've finally been disapointed and never listened the record to the end. The global envelo ... (read more)

Report this review (#29897) | Posted by | Monday, June 28, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is what Tony is best at. Instrumental music. His melodies here are highly emotive, and continually morphing. His trademark chord and key changes are here, but of course performed by orhestra rather than his signature keyboards. Still, the music is very beautiful and 'Spring Tide' is one of the ... (read more)

Report this review (#29895) | Posted by | Monday, April 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TONY BANKS "Seven (A Suite For Orchestra)"