SEVEN (A SUITE FOR ORCHESTRA)

Tony Banks

3. The Gateway (7:31)
4. The Ram (8:52)
5. Earthlight (4:43)
6. Neap Tide (4:58)
7. The Spirit Of Gravity (11:38)

Search TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) lyrics

Search TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) tabs

- Tony Banks / piano
- London Philharmonic Orchestra

NAXOS Label

and to Joolz for the last updates

TONY BANKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) Music

GENESIS r-kive 2014 3-CD SET Peter Gabriel Phil Collins Steve Hackett Tony Banks US $18.88 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Tony Banks NIK KERSHAW UK 1991 12" Single I WANNA CHANGE US $5.47 Buy It Now 14h 31m
TONY BANKS - I WANNA CHANGE SCORE 1TK PROMO CD CS24 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tony Banks UK 12 This is Love (extended) / Charm (extended) US $9.75 Buy It Now 17h 38m
TONY BANKS (GENESIS) THE FUGITIVE CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P US $140.97 Buy It Now 18h 22m
TONY BANKS GENESIS) BANKSTATEMENT CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P US $140.97 Buy It Now 18h 22m
GENESIS Vtg 1980`s Button Badge Pin (25mm-1") Phil Collins Tony Banks#GEN105 US $3.12 Buy It Now 19h 25m
Tony Banks - This Is Love M- 1983 PROMO!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 20h 51m
TONY BANKS from GENESIS solo USA DJ 7" 45 THIS IS LOVE US $3.60 Buy It Now 22h 32m
The Way We Walk Vol. 2 GENESIS LIVE Tony Banks Phil Collins Limited Ediiton CD US $3.95 Buy It Now 23h 9m
Tony Banks-Quicksilver-Shortcut To Somewhere-12"-Atlantic PR 969-Promo US $3.49 [0 bids]
Genesis Invisible Touch UK Vinyl LP Signed Copy Mike & Mechanics Tony Banks US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS~"A Curious Feeling"~UK Charisma LP 1979~CAS1148~GENESIS+WICKED LADY!! US $12.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Original 1979 TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" CAS 1148 US $3.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Tony Banks Soundtracks Atlantic 81680 LP promo US $9.97 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING CD GOLD DISC LP FREE P+P! US $140.97 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS NIK KERSHAW Rare UK 1991 CD Single I WANNA CHANGE THE SCORE MINT US $23.48 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS - A CURIOUS FEELING - ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE GENESIS-LP/Vinyl/Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS and ANDY TAYLOR UK 1989 12" Single THE GIFT DiscNEW US $5.47 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS / GENESIS "STILL" FIRST EDITION U.K. IMPORT 1991 VIRGIN RECORDS US $5.95 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS FEATURING ANDY TAYLOR Still It Takes Me By Surprise CD 3 Track Edit B US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Tony Banks Fugitive LP Atlantic 80071-1 1983 Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS Fugitive LP Vg/Ex US $15.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis Calling All Stations (CD, Sep-1997) Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BANKSTATEMENT Bankstatement LP Tony Banks Genesis Steve Hillage US $15.67 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY BANKS/ Bankstatement (CD, Aug-1989, Atlantic (Label) GENESIS KEYBOARDIST US $9.99 [0 bids]
Tony Banks-Soundtracks LP 1986 Atlantic TOYAH Fish GENESIS US $4.90 Buy It Now 2 days
TONY BANKS - I WANNA CHANGE THE SCORE 1TK PROMO DJ CD CS24 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GENESIS "MAMA" PROMO 45 DJ ISSUE WHITE LABEL PHIL COLLINS TONY BANKS RUTHERFORD US $4.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS ROYAL ALBERT HALL CONCERT PROGRAMME 1992 SIGNED PHIL COLLINS TONY BANKS US $45.43 [3 bids]
The Wicked Lady - Soundtrack by Tony Banks (Genesis)-Free UK post US $16.61 Buy It Now 2 days
POP ROCK/ Tony Banks - This Is Love / At The Edge Of Night (Promo) US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling - 2009 CD & DVD 5.1 Mix long OOP rare new SEALED US $140.00 [0 bids]
Bankstatement, Tony Banks (Genesis) US Atlantic Records 82007-1 " Sealed " US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Tony Banks-Soundtracks-Cassette-*Sealed*-Atlantic-7 81680 4 US $1.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS-STEVE HACKETT-TONY BANKS-MIKE + THE MECHANICS-LOT 13 LP'S-MUST SEE-MORE! US $39.99 [0 bids]
A Curious Feeling [Slipcase] by Tony Banks (CD, Oct-... US $15.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Tony Banks(Vinyl LP Album)The Fugitive-Charisma-TBLP 1-VG/Ex US $19.57 Buy It Now 3 days
GENESIS Tony Banks Interview Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1973 US $15.67 Buy It Now 3 days
Tony Banks(Vinyl LP Album)The Fugitive-Charisma-TBLP 1-VG/Ex US $21.89 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS Fugitive LP 9 Track (tblp1) UK Charisma 1983 US $8.21 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP 11 Track Embossed Sleeve With Inner (cas1148) UK US $8.21 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP 11 Track Embossed Sleeve With Inner UK US $11.51 Buy It Now 3 days
TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP 11 Track Reissue With Mid Price Inner (chc42) UK US $8.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Tony Banks (Genesis) The Fugitive Movie Soundtrack LP VG+ US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RICK WAKEMAN Revisited '04 CD PROG (Yes, Keith Emerson, Tony Banks, Starcastle) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Tony Banks, LP "A Curious Feeling", RARE White Label Promo, Genesis EX, Gabriel US $5.99 [0 bids]
BANKSTATEMENT 7" VINYL I'LL BE WAITING VIRGIN 1208 TONY BANKS GENESIS US $6.19 Buy It Now 4 days
TONY BANKS Fugitive LP 9 Track In Embossed Sleeve UK Charisma 1983 US $10.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Genesis CD s/t - Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
TONY BANKS - A Curious Feeling - Excellent Condition LP Record Charisma CAS 1148 US $12.50 Buy It Now 4 days
JIM DIAMOND AND TONY BANKS You Call This Victory 7" Promo Issue B/w Lion Of Symm US $19.28 Buy It Now 4 days
GENESIS- TONY BANKS : For A While -NEWSPAPER ADVERT- 1980 US $1.57 Buy It Now 4 days
GENESIS- TONY BANKS : Seven -MAGAZINE ADVERT- 2004 US $1.57 Buy It Now 4 days
GENESIS- TONY BANKS : newspaper INTERVIEW ARTICLE -1982- US $1.57 Buy It Now 4 days
FISH & TONY BANKS-"SHORT CUT TO SOMEWHERE" 1986 U.K. ISSUE 12" EP-NM VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
? Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling (PL) (of Genesis) US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
TONY BANKS For A While 7" Original B/w From The Undertow UK Charisma 1979 US $8.21 Buy It Now 4 days
FLASH "In the Can" ORIGINAL1972 Capitol TONY BANKS - YES ~ UK Prog Psych Sealed US $19.95 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS "BANK STATEMENT" ORIGINAL VINYL ALBUM VIRGIN V 2600 US $11.91 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW SEALED TONY BANKS SOUNDTRACKS CASSETTE TAPE US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
TONY BANKS Seven:A Suite for Orchestra CD Genesis keyboardist does Serious Music US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bankstatement - Throwback RARE PROMO SINGLE TONY BANKS GENESIS PHIL COLLINS ROCK US $1.99 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS A Curious Feeling LP UK 1979 *1ST PRESS EXCELLENT+ VINYL* CAS1148 US $12.52 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS FEATURING ANDY TAYLOR Gift 12" 3 Track Test Pressing In Title Sticker US $8.21 Buy It Now 5 days
TONY BANKS & NIK KERSHAW I Wanna Change The Score 12" TOWNHOUSE ACETATE GENESIS US $156.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Tony Banks m- charisma 12 Shorcut to Somewhere / Smilin' Jack Casey / K2 US $5.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Tony Banks m- UK LP Soundtracks US $9.75 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS Curious Feeling TONY BANKS 1979 Solo VINYL DISC Lp Record POP ROCK Keys US $35.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Bankstatement CD by Tony Banks WITHOUT REAR INLAY US $15.65 Buy It Now 5 days
BANKS, TONY - TONY BANKS: SIX PIECES FOR ORCHESTRA - NEW CD US $6.71 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS- Abacab NEW CD (Definitive Edition Remaster) - Phil Collins Tony Banks US $6.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Invisible Touch 1986 CD (Charisma GEN CD2) - Phil Collins Tony Banks US $5.99 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS SOUNDTRACKS Japan Promo LP with OBI, GENESIS US $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tony Banks: A Curious Feeling vinyl LP (Genesis) US $6.25 Buy It Now 6 days
TONY BANKS & NIK KERSHAW - I WANNA CHANGE THE SCORE 7" VINYL PS US $7.82 Buy It Now 6 days
TONY BANKS featuring ANDY TAYLOR - THE GIFT 7" VINYL PS US $15.65 Buy It Now 6 days
tony banks lp soundtracks 81680-1 vg+/m- US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
QUICKSILVER CD SOUNDTRACK ROGER DALTREY/FIONA/PETER FRAMPTON/TONY BANKS/GENESIS US $21.00 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS - JESUS HE KNOWS ME UK CD Single Phil Collins Tony Banks Mike Rutherford US $5.80 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS CD A TRICK OF THE TAIL PHIL COLLINS STEVE HACKETT TONY BANKS ATCO US $3.00 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS: THE FUGITIVE:1983 CHARISMA LP: TBLP 1: NM / NM US $26.62 Buy It Now 6 days
TONY BANKS-Still-FISH-Nik Kershaw-ANDY TAYLOR-Duran/GENESIS/Tangerine Dream/ABC US $7.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Genesis Invisible Touch Japan mini lp cd 1986 VJCP-68108 Phil Collins Tony Banks US $32.89 Buy It Now 7 days
Genesis - S/T 1983 W German VERTIGO Blue Red Swirl 3 cd Phil Collins Tony Banks US $59.90 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS A CURIOUS FEELING JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
NM 1983 Tony Banks / The Fugitive LP US $4.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Genesis by Genesis CD 1983 Atlantic Label Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherf US $11.97 Buy It Now 7 days
Tony Banks (Genesis) CD Six Pieces for Orchestra (New/Sealed) US $10.57 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS: THE FUGITIVE 1983 Charisma LP Genesis US $7.82 Buy It Now 7 days
LP TONY BANKS the fugitive US $7.83 Buy It Now 7 days
Tony Banks "Fugitive" US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS - SMILIN JACK CASEY - 45rpm (M3) US $1.50 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS~THE FUGITIVE~ORIG 1983 LP~GENESIS~ATLANTIC RECORDS US $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
TONY BANKS - Shortcut To Somewhere - 12" Vinyl 1986 ATLANTIC Records *PROMO* US $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks A Curious Feeling vinyl LP album record UK CAS1148 CHARISMA 1979 US $18.72 Buy It Now 8 days
GENESIS live over europe 2 CD TONY BANKS PHIL COLLINS SEALED MD39 US $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks CD single (CD5 / 5") The Gift UK VSCDT1362 VIRGIN 1991 US $24.27 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks The Fugitive - Ex Dutch vinyl LP album record 812383-1 CHARISMA US $19.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Tony Banks Still It Takes Me By Surprise UK CD single (CD5 / 5") VSCDT1406 US $19.57 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy TONY BANKS music online Buy TONY BANKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TONY BANKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) ratings distribution

TONY BANKS Seven (A Suite For Orchestra) reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Blazing saddles

Let's be clear from the start here, this is Tony Banks in the role of composer. Apart from the odd appearance on the piano, he leaves the entire performance to the London Philharmonic Orchestra. The album is on the budget classical label "Naxos", and consists of (unsurprisingly) seven orchestral pieces. In this form, it's certainly not prog by any stretch of the imagination, although had he chosen to perform it using a modern day rock combo, it would of course have sounded very different, and probably quite progressive. The opening track "Spring tide" does at times have more than a passing resemblance to some of the music on "A curious feeling".

The pieces are generally what might be considered to be at the lighter end of the classical music spectrum, the type which feature on "best of the classics" collections. I'm not an expert by any means on that sort of music, but I suspect a "serious" classical music buff would find the compositions to be "pop" orientated. At times "Seven" sounds a bit too much like a film score, once or twice I had visions of John Wayne leading the cavalry riding over the hill to save the day at the last minute.

In all, an enjoyable and interesting diversion for both Banks and his audience. I have to say though, had this album not borne his name, I would have left it on the shelf along with the many other classical albums which sound oh so similar to this one.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#29896) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Review by Chris S
4 stars OK this is classical music but then again Genesis wrote classic music. In any event Genesis will be deemed classical in about 100 years from now! How many artist nowadays have the guts to go totally classical after so many years of rock music? Not many....' Seven' is a wonderful work of music. Bearing in mind Bank's now in his early 50's felt the timing was right to face this challenge. He did it in style and the album gets better and better with repeated listening. And also you can unmistakenly hear the Genesis sound there too. Spring Tide and Earthlight recommended.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#29899) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 09, 2004

Review by lor68
3 stars Well this time Mr Banks - former soul of "early Genesis" with Peter Gabriel, is involved with an ambitious project, concerning a symphonic album in a "classical music" format, but which is closer to a certain type of New Age (I think of Vangelis) than any true album of classical music. The songs are quite evocative and performed with an emotional feeling, but his typical chords and music patterns are often replaced by a simple structure.some harmonic passages, a little bit more difficult, are performed by the London Symphonic Orchestra; instead the melodic piano by Banks is not equal to his best piano pieces (I think of "Firth of Fifth" within "Selling England by the Pound" - or also the music intro of "The Lamb Lies down on Broadway").Otherwise He has been in the habit to play simple parts - often using a simple sequencer - in the recent disappointing albums by late Genesis, so I'm not surprised about that!!

A good album, not bad at all, but perhaps a little bit anachronistic.make your own choice as usual!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#82176) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Give us back Pop-Tony any day!

This is Classical music, pure and simple. There is not a hint of Prog here, or any type of Rock for that matter (nor Pop). Needless to say, this has nothing to do with Genesis or the rest of Tony Banks' solo discography. Tony performs here only on Classical piano, but the major musical space is given to the symphonic orchestra.

Tony Banks solo output is overall rather weak, but even his worst Pop albums are preferable over this, in my opinion. I promise that I will give this album another chance someday, but for now I just find it dull and I find myself unable to give it the appropriate attention needed to write a good or even fair review. I don't have enough knowledge and experience with this type of music in order to judge the relative quality of the present work. But I certainly cannot recommend it unless you want absolutely everything connected to Genesis and Tony Banks. This is rather one of those releases were you wonder if it really is the same Tony Banks?

No doubt about the rating here.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#288514) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 28, 2010

2 stars I really wanted to like this album. I was actually very pleased to hear Tony had done an orchestral album, as I imagined he would probably be really good at this. And I gave it quite a few good listens until I finally, sadly, decided this album just doesn't do it for me. There's very little here, ... (read more)

Report this review (#184105) | Posted by splyu | Monday, September 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Hmmm.....maybe I'm just an uncultured listener who can't appreciate music without a beat, but this album disappointed me. I was actually quite excited when I first heard about it, because Tony has always so obviously been influenced by classical music, and I thought maybe now we'll all get to f ... (read more)

Report this review (#158301) | Posted by bassandbeyond | Thursday, January 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I read a lot of negative critic here about this album. People say that this not progressive music, that Banks is not a good orchestrator and he should stick to piano, that if there not were Banks name on this record it would never end up here, that this sounds like fourth rate nineteenth centu ... (read more)

Report this review (#74849) | Posted by pirkka | Thursday, April 13, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars As much as I love Banks' contributions to Genesis, this one simply does not work. Add his name to the growing list of pop/rock stars who want to make a step-out into the "classical" music field (Paul McCartney, Joe Jackson, Billy Joel) and end up sounding like fourth rate nineteenth century co ... (read more)

Report this review (#29902) | Posted by Dragon Phoenix | Monday, May 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This album is essentially disappointing. It's obvious that Banks is not an orchestrator and his ideas are maybe better implemented that on The Wicked Lady, but it is still definitely not a Masterwork. If only Bank would make a classical keyboard/piano album. Just listen to some of the instr ... (read more)

Report this review (#29901) | Posted by | Wednesday, March 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Being a professional of classical music, and an old-date Genesis fan at the same time, puts me in a difficult position in judging this work. Modern so-called "classical music" is in no way associated with what you can listen to in this issue. If I did not know it was by Mr. Banks I'd say it wa ... (read more)

Report this review (#29898) | Posted by | Monday, June 28, 2004 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Disaspointment. Because I was expecting more the kind of masterpiece like Steve Hackett's Midsummer night dream '' or Anthony Phillips majestuous Tarka. My expectations in '' Seven '' were so great that I've finally been disapointed and never listened the record to the end. The global envelo ... (read more)

Report this review (#29897) | Posted by | Monday, June 28, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is what Tony is best at. Instrumental music. His melodies here are highly emotive, and continually morphing. His trademark chord and key changes are here, but of course performed by orhestra rather than his signature keyboards. Still, the music is very beautiful and 'Spring Tide' is one of the ... (read more)

Report this review (#29895) | Posted by | Monday, April 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TONY BANKS "Seven (A Suite For Orchestra)"