DREAM

Progressive Electronic

Kitaro Dream album cover

Buy KITARO Music
Studio Album, released in 1992

1. Symphony of the Forest (4:43)
2. Mysterious Island (3:40)
3. Lady of Dreams (8:17)
4. A Drop of Silence (2:56)
5. A Passage of Life (8:00)
6. Agreement (6:31)
7. Dream of Chant (3:53)
8. Magical Wave (3:06)
9. Symphony of Dreams (5:44)
10. Island of Life (9:41)

Total Length 56:31

- Kitaro / composer & arranger, producer

With:
- Jon Anderson / vocals (3,6,7,10)
- Jonathan Goldman / chanting
- Syoji Fujii / drums
- Ken Park / percussion
- Ty Burhoe / tabla
- Reijiro Koroku / string arrangements, musical supervisor

CD Geffen Records ‎- GEFD24477 (1992, Europe)

FLAC download - bandcamp.com

Thanks to Matti for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy KITARO Dream Music

DreamDream
Reissued
Domo Records 1999
$5.05
Dream by Kitaro (1999-10-26)Dream by Kitaro (1999-10-26)
Domo
$32.56
Dream by KitaroDream by Kitaro
Domo Records
$33.08
Kitaro: ??? - ? Dream (Taiwan Import)Kitaro: ??? - ? Dream (Taiwan Import)
$12.90

KITARO ... DREAM USD $5.85 Buy It Now 3 days
KITARO - Dream -1992, Geffen Music - CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kitaro: Dream (CD, 1992, Geffen Records/BMG) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kitaro Dream Japan CD CCCN-21014 2001 USD $71.78 Buy It Now 6 days
Silence of Dreams & Harmony (1998) - CD - Kitaro, Rick Wakeman, Sina Vodjani,... USD $9.03 Buy It Now 6 days
KITARO LADY OF DREAMS JAPAN IMPORT CD GEFFEN - 2500 YEN MVCG-82 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
RARE ADVANCE PROMO Kitaro CASSETTE TAPE Dream YES Jon Anderson ambient new age ! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dream - Kitaro (CD 1999) NEW USD $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Dream Kitaro 1992 Amuse America Inc. cd1751 USD $1.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Dream by Kitaro (CD, Jul-1992, Geffen) With Jon Anderdon of Yes USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dream by Kitaro (CD, Jul-1992, Geffen) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 10 days
KITARO: DREAM (CD) USD $26.50 Buy It Now 10 days
Kitaro - Dream (Cd, Compact Disc) Complete Tested USD $4.49 Buy It Now 11 days
Dream by Kitaro (CD, Jul-1992, Geffen) USD $3.89 Buy It Now 11 days
KITARO - DREAM (Cassette 1992 Geffen) New Age, Classical, Ambient - VG Cond. USD $7.11 Buy It Now 12 days
Tomita Kosmos vinyl Jean Michel Jarre Kitaro Vangelis Tangerine Dream Pink Floyd USD $10.01 Buy It Now 13 days
Kitaro - Dream  / CD / Used VG + condition USD $6.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Kitaro Featuring Vocals By Jon Anderson ?- Dream CD NEW USD $15.97 Buy It Now 13 days
Kitaro ? Dream CASSETTE ALBUM Electronic Ambient USD $12.53 Buy It Now 15 days
Dream by Kitaro (CD, Jul-1992, Geffen) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 15 days
CD: KITARO "Dream" (Jul-1992, Geffen) with JON ANDERSON (Of Yes) USD $3.97 Buy It Now 15 days
KITARO Dream Featuring Jon Anderson CASSETTE TAPE 1992 Made in Canada USD $5.74 Buy It Now 15 days
Kitaro - Dream (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.47 Buy It Now 17 days
Kitaro - Dream (CD, Jul-1992, Geffen) Free Ship #LJ29 USD $5.98 Buy It Now 19 days
DREAM KITARO CLAMSHEEL 1993 RARE orig CASSETTE TAPE INDIA indian USD $499.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Dream by Kitaro USD $7.44 Buy It Now 20 days
Dream by Kitaro (CD, Jul-1992, Geffen) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Kitaro - Dream (CD 1992 Geffen/BMG Marketing) VG++ 9/10 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 20 days
KITARO cd SILVER CLOUD 1983 earth born DREAMS LIKE YESTERDAY noah's ark PANORAMA USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21 days
CD: Dream Kitaro USD $8.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Jon Anderson (Yes) w/Kitaro - Island Of Life / Lady Of Dreams 3" JAPAN CD SINGLE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Kitaro - Dream - RARE Original 1992 Germany IMPORT CD With : Jon Anderson (Yes) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 24 days
wc Dream Kitaro 1992 Amuse America Inc. - Audio CD USD $9.95 Buy It Now 24 days
Kitaro 2 CD Lot - An Ancient journey Double Dream USD $4.58 Buy It Now 24 days
Vintage CD Kitaro Dream USD $5.73 Buy It Now 26 days
KITARO Dream JAPAN CD 2000 NEW USD $86.91 Buy It Now 27 days
Dream by Kitaro (CD, Jul-1992, Geffen) EXCELLENT USD $5.39 Buy It Now 27 days
KITARO(PINK FLOYD, CAMEL, VANGELIS, TANGERINE DREAM,)-UNIQUE BOX+AUTOGRAPHS USD $499.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Kitaro Stereo 817 560-1 Earth Born Flying Cloud Dreams Like Yesterday Vinyl USD $31.57 Buy It Now 28 days
Lot of 2 CDs Kitaro Live in America and Kitaro Dream Pre-Owned USD $16.99 Buy It Now 28 days
KITARO-DREAM-IMPORT CD WITH JAPAN OBI F25 USD $25.99 Buy It Now 28 days
KITARO - DREAM USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.93 Buy It Now 29 days
Cassette Tape - KITARO - DREAM (1992 Geffen) New Age, Classical, Ambient - VG USD $5.55 Buy It Now 29 days
KITARO - DREAM NEW CD USD $16.07 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy KITARO music online Buy KITARO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KITARO Dream ratings distribution

KITARO Dream reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams
4 stars My first approach to Kitaro. It happened when, many years ago, as a YES fan I read about Jon ANDERSON singing in this album. The day after I had the CD in my hands and I liked it since the first listen. I was actually a bit into Newage and I knew of Kitaro as a newage artist, but from the albums that I know, if there's one progressive it's this one. Let's not forget that Kitaro has been in Far East Family Band, so he knows how to make prog and psych music.

Dream is a concept album, even if most of it is instrumental. There's of course a lot of keyboards and you have to reach the third track to listen to Jon's voice. "Symphony of the Forest" is a perfect intro. Not properly an ouverture, but sets the mood which is then carried on by "Misterious Island". I don't know what the concept is about, really. The two recurring elements are the "Lady Of Dreams" and the "Island".

What I know is that the album is very good. In particular, the guitar of Hiroshi Araki sounds very Floydian. The riff in the middle part of "Lady of Dreams" which also features an ascending sequence of chords similar to "In The Flesh", could have found a place on "The Wall".

Add to this the vocals of Jon Anderson at his best, even if on three tracks only, backed by his daughter Deborah. In brief, this is for what I know the most symphonic album of this keyboards mastermind. One of my favorites at the time it was released and still the one that I prefer in the huge Kitaro's discography.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Symphony of dreams

Noticing that Kitaro was added to Prog archives recently, I recalled this album that I first heard years ago which features Jon Anderson on vocals. Being an absolute Yes maniac, I am always interested in hearing anything that a Yes member is involved in. Giving it a more serious listen now, I am enjoying it more than I remembered.

Since Dream is so far my only experience of Kitaro's music I cannot relate it to his other works, but it can be compared to some of Jon Anderson's solo stuff as well as with Anderson's contributions to the works of Mike Oldfield and Vangelis. One year before the release of Dream in 1992, Yes had released Union - an album that included some "New-Age"-like pieces such as Angkor Wat and Take The Water To The Mountain. These numbers might also give you an idea of what the vocal tracks on Dream sound like.

Anderson wrote the lyrics and contributed lead vocals to three tracks on this otherwise instrumental album. The vocal tracks are Lady of Dreams, Agreement, and Island of Life. His voice can also be heard on Dream Of Chant, which is as the title implies a chant. My favourite track is Agreement.

Dream is a nice addition to a comprehensive Jon Anderson and extended Yes-related collection.

Post a review of KITARO "Dream"