TRIPPIN' WITH DR. FAUSTUS

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Amplifier Trippin' With Dr. Faustus album cover

Buy AMPLIFIER Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. Rainbow Machine (6:28)
2. Freakzone (8:22)
3. Kosmos (Grooves Of Triumph) (6:42)
4. The Commotion (Big Time Party Maker) (6:10)
5. Big Daddy (5:15)

- Steve Durose / guitar, backing vocals
- Alex Redhead / bass, backing vocals
- Matt Brobin / drums, vibes

Artwork: Sel Balamir

2xLP Rockosmos ‎- ROK 16 (2017, Europe)

CD Rockosmos ‎- ROK 14 (2017, Europe)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

AMPLIFIER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMPLIFIER Trippin' With Dr. Faustus Music

Trippin With Dr FaustusTrippin With Dr Faustus
Imports 2017

Amplifier - Trippin With Dr Faustus [CD] USD $14.00 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Trippin' with Dr. Faustus by Amplifier (CD, Jul-2017, Rockosmos) USD $10.26 Buy It Now 5 days
Amplifier - Trippin' With Dr Faustus (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $42.13 Buy It Now 5 days
Amplifier - Trippin' With Dr Faustus (NEW CD) USD $14.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Amplifier-Trippin` With Dr Faustus CD NEW USD $20.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Amplifier-Trippin` With Dr Faustus VINYL NEW USD $61.33 Buy It Now 5 days
Amplifier - Trippin With Dr Faustus [New Vinyl LP] UK - Import USD $35.52 Buy It Now 7 days
Trippin With Dr Faustus - Amplifier (CD Used Like New) USD $11.22 Buy It Now 9 days
Amplifier-Trippin` With Dr Faustus (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.41 Buy It Now 21 days
Trippin' with Dr. Faustus by Amplifier (Vinyl, Jul-2017, 2 Discs, Rockosmos) USD $32.56 Buy It Now 23 days
Amplifier Trippin With Dr Faustus (Uk) vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $76.78 Buy It Now 25 days
Amplifier - Trippin With Dr Faustus [New CD] UK - Import USD $13.22 Buy It Now 25 days
Amplifier - Trippin With Dr Faustus [New CD] UK - Import USD $12.73 Buy It Now 25 days
AMPLIFIER - TRIPPIN' WITH DR. FAUSTUS NEW CD USD $20.90 Buy It Now 25 days
AMPLIFIER - TRIPPIN' WITH DR. FAUSTUS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.08 Buy It Now 25 days
AMPLIFIER - TRIPPIN' WITH DR. FAUSTUS [DELUXE EDITION] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $19.74 Buy It Now 26 days
TRIPPIN WITH DR FAUSTUS [VINYL] AMPLIFIER NEW CD USD $35.51 Buy It Now 26 days
AMPLIFIER - TRIPPIN' WITH DR. FAUSTUS [DELUXE EDITION] NEW CD USD $23.07 Buy It Now 26 days
Amplifier-Trippin` With Dr Faustus (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $37.21 Buy It Now 28 days
AMPLIFIER - TRIPPIN' WITH DR. FAUSTUS, ORG 2017 EU vinyl 2LP, NEW - SEALED! USD $35.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy AMPLIFIER music online Buy AMPLIFIER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

AMPLIFIER Trippin' With Dr. Faustus ratings distribution

AMPLIFIER Trippin' With Dr. Faustus reviews

4 stars I've been a big fan of this band since I heard their debut back in the mid 2000's. I still feel their 2003 debut is their best album and one I rated at 5 stars. Well, many albums later and here we are in 2017 with a new AMPLIFIER recording. Yay! Gotta love the album cover and the title of this recording. I guess they changed from a trio to a four piece starting with their 2013 album called "Echo Street" as the new member adds more guitar and more vocals.

"Rainbow Machine" opens with distortion that builds followed by drums and bass. A powerful soundscape is the result. Vocals arrive before 1 1/2 minutes as the powerful sound continues throughout. Nice start! Distortion and power end it as it blends into "Freakzone". Soon rumbling drums lead the way in this powerful soundscape. Vocals just before a minute. Man this is heavy stuff until they slow it down after 7 minutes as it winds down to the end.

"Kosmos(Grooves Of Triumph)" opens with guitar and atmosphere then it kicks in heavily. Vocals a minute in. I like this a lot, in fact it's a top four song for me. Like the previous track we get a very heavy sound until it settles back before 4 minutes although this is still heavy. It kicks back in with vocals before 4 1/2 minutes to the end. "The Commotion(Big Time Party maker)" has this heavy groove that kicks in fairly quickly. Distorted guitars join in as well then vocals a minute in. Catchy stuff. A calm 3 minutes in but it's brief. Love the guitar before 5 1/2 minutes to the end as he rips it up.

"Big Daddy" has lots of distortion and power as usual but we get female vocals this time for a change of pace. Nice guitar starting before 2 1/2 minutes and that bass is amazing as well. Vocals are back! "Horse" is another top four tune for me. Love this one, the lyrics are great and I like that there's some space to breathe here as we get some good contrasts between the heavy and less powerful(haha). The drumming kills after 3 1/2 minutes as the guitar screams away.

"Anubis" starts with acoustic guitar and a beat. Where's the power? Vocals are mellow too as they join in this catchy song. "Supernova" is another top four. This one is different with the synths and higher pitched vocals. Check out that opening line "Hey Mona Lisa, how's it hanging?" No wall of distorted guitar as instead we get upfront bass and a powerful atmosphere. Love the guitar and power 4 minutes in but it settles back quickly to end it.

"Silvio" opens with a guitar melody then vocals and pounding drums take over. It turns heavier before a minute. I like this one, it's different. Drums and vocals lead the way again before 2 1/2 minutes then it turns heavier as themes are repeated. "Old Blue Eyes" is my final top four. Oh my! Check out the distortion as the drums pound. Vocals join in quickly but that distortion will continue throughout. So good! Check out the guitar after 4 minutes to the end. Goodnight that's good!

If you like your music on the heavy side with an Alternative/ Psychedelic vibe then you really need to check this band out. A solid 4 stars!

4 stars This is another solid album by Amplifier. I think the songwriting is just superb, and some of the lyrics will stick in your head. I have let this one marinate for a while before writing this review as I wanted to see how it stacked up to some other releases this year. It is not Amplifier's most ... (read more)

Report this review (#1772816) | Posted by javajeff | Saturday, August 19, 2017 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMPLIFIER "Trippin' With Dr. Faustus"