THE FURTHER SIDE

Nova Collective

Nova Collective The Further Side album cover

Buy NOVA COLLECTIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. Dancing Machines (9:47)
2. Cascades (6:54)
3. Air (6:52)
4. State Of Flux (9:41)
5. Ripped Apart And Reassembled (5:42)
6. The Further Side (9:00)

Search NOVA COLLECTIVE The Further Side lyrics

Search NOVA COLLECTIVE The Further Side tabs

- Dan Briggs / bass
- Matt Lynch / drums, percussion
- Richard Henshall / guitar
- Pete Jones / keyboards

Metal Blade Records ‎- 3984-15498-2

Thanks to historian9 for the addition

NOVA COLLECTIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NOVA COLLECTIVE The Further Side Music

The Further SideThe Further Side
Metal Blade 2017

More places to buy NOVA COLLECTIVE music online Buy NOVA COLLECTIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NOVA COLLECTIVE The Further Side ratings distribution

NOVA COLLECTIVE The Further Side reviews

4 stars 4.5 stars. NOVA COLLECTIVE are a new instrumental band that features musicians from the USA and the UK so a multi-national band. We get the rhythm section from TRIOSCAPES and the guitarist and keyboardist from HAKEN. The music is more like TRIOSCPAES than HAKEN as there is a strong Jazz Rock/Fusion sound here. And man this is complex with absolutely outstanding musicianship on display. Some have tagged this with Prog- Metal as well in fact I've seen Jazz/ Metal mentioned. I have to say that I was impressed with all four musicians to say the least but the drummer Matt Lynch is who I'm usually praising when I hear this disc. Nothing like a skilled drummer to make an album sound even better.

"Dancing Machines" opens sounding surprisingly like AREA, I kid you not. It's the tone of those keyboards. The drums kick in followed by bass then here we go! Man that bass shakes the speakers big time. It settles with bass and atmosphere before 1 1/2 minutes then builds. This sounds amazing especially the electric piano. Those AREA-like keyboards are back as themes are repeated. It settles with guitar before 3 minutes as the drums kick back in. Man he can play! It kicks in again and this sounds so good especially the guitar. Hey some organ starts to boil over and were only half way through this track. A heavy sound before 7 minutes, growly is the word. Some great varied guitar work follows to the end.

"Cascades" sounds quite beautiful to start with that melodic guitar and atmosphere. Drums join in with electric piano and bass. Jazzy stuff. Love it! Classy too. It does change to a more "rock" sound around a minute. Organ a minute later. The drumming is killer. A calm with electric piano after 3 minutes but the guitar and more kick in quickly. Check out the ELP-like synths as in "Lucky Man" after 3 1/2 minutes. Themes are repeated and the guitar will start to solo before 6 minutes.

"Air" opens with intricate guitar I think as a keyboard joins in I think. Yes these both sound a little different to my ears, unique maybe. They will come and go during this song. It kicks in to a wondrous sound before a minute before settling back with organ, bass and drums. It starts to pick up. Man this sounds good. Love the bass before 5 minutes and the ripping guitar as the drums pound away. It ends like it began. Another winner!

"State Of Flux" opens with pounding drums, bass and electric piano. The guitar joins in quickly too grinding away. Check out the drum work after a minute. It's so good I'm laughing. It's so cool the way sounds and themes are repeated. It settles before 4 minutes as the bass and drums lead the way. Love that bass as fuzzed out keys join in. It picks up after 6 minutes. Great track!

"Ripped Apart And Reassembled" is like a trip back to the late seventies with that funky vibe led by the distorted sounding keyboards. Almost sounds like clavinet. The synths that follow again bring the late seventies to mind here. Again themes are repeated. It ends like it began. A real treat this one.

"The Further Side" ends it and it hits the ground running. Lots going on before it calms down before a minute. The bass and drums impress before the guitar starts to solo after 1 1/2 minutes. It then picks up after 2 minutes. I really like this. A calm with piano follows then the drums help out before it kicks back in. It's heavy before 4 1/2 minutes. A jazzy calm arrives 6 minutes in then back to the guitar led section. It settles right down after 7 minutes then back to the heavy stuff 8 minutes in.

I'm just so impressed with the way these guys play and the style of music they have presented to us here. They're gunslingers and seasoned pros and this marriage between these two different styles of bands from two different countries worked to perfection.

Post a review of NOVA COLLECTIVE "The Further Side"