SILENCE...AU DERNIER RANG

Halloween

Halloween Silence...au dernier rang album cover

Buy HALLOWEEN Music
Live, released in 1998

1. Conseil des démons (4:30)
2. Le Procès (8:00)
3. Waltz (5:35)
4. Arthur contre Morgane (5:55)
5. Iron Mickey (5:40)
6. House with no Door (4:15)
7. Beginning (6:25)
8. Yule (6:00)
9. What's in (4:45)
10. March (10:00)
11. La Mort de Morgane (5:50)

Search HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang lyrics

- Philippe Di Faostinodi / drums, percussion
- Christophe Dagorn / bass
- Geraldine Le Cocq / vocals

Musea 1998

and to paulindigo for the last updates

HALLOWEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang Music

Sounds of Halloween CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
Halloween music CD album dracula witches skeletons by Dr. Elmo Party US $1.99 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN A GO-GO [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $14.64 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Disney - Halloween Songs and Sounds CD US $1.00 [1 bids]
JOHN OTTMAN cd RARE composer PORTRAIT of TERROR score HALLOWEEN theme carpenter US $36.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
JOHN OTTMAN best of SCORE soundtrack CD fantasy island HALLOWEEN H20 snow white US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
CANADA 1970s QUEBEC ROCK 45 RPM ROBERT CHARLEBOIS : HALLOWEEN IN HOLLYWOOD + US $9.99 [0 bids]
CHILLING THRILLING SOUNDS OF THE HAUNTED HOUSE LP Disneyland 1964 HALLOWEEN US $10.00 [0 bids]
Halloween Spooky Sounds CD US $1.64 [3 bids]
Chilling Thrilling Sounds Of Haunted House LP 1973 Disneyland halloween US $6.99 [0 bids]
CREATURE FEATURES: MUSIC FROM THE MONSTER MOVIES! HALLOWEEN THEMED SOUNDTRACK CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 23m
DISNEY "CHILLING THRILLING SOUNDS OF THE HAUNTED HOUSE" HALLOWEEN RECORD ALBUM US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 28m
"FRIGHT NIGHT DELIGHT" MUSIC & SOUNDS FOR A HAUNTED HOUSE - HALLOWEEN MUSIC CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 28m
DREW'S FAMOUS "HAUNTED HOUSE HORRORS" HALLOWEEN PARTY - ONE HOUR OF TERROR - CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 31m
"HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC" (MONSTER MASH / ROCK LOBSTER / SPOOKY / TIME WARP +) CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 31m
CD: Halloween Rock n Roll Party with Sha-Na-Na US $0.99 [0 bids]
Drew's Famous Bestest Kids Halloween Songs Ever (CD,2003) US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DEL LORDS Live Howlin' At The Halloween Moon CASSETTE TAPE Restless 1989 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Rubie's SPOOKY SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN: MUSIC & SOUND EFFECTS TO SCARE YOU BY! RARE! US $29.95 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Rubie's SPOOKY SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN: MUSIC & SOUND EFFECTS TO SCARE YOU BY! RARE! US $39.95 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Topstone's HORROR SOUNDS OF THE NIGHT: RARE VINTAGE 1970s-80s HALLOWEEN Cassette US $99.95 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Rubie's SPOOKY SOUNDS OF THE NIGHT: HALLOWEEN MUSIC & SOUND EFFECTS! VERY RARE!! US $34.95 Buy It Now 6h 13m
RARE Halloween 3 Ost Soundtrack 1982 SEALED SYNTH HORROR SS LP US $36.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
VARIOUS - HALLOWEEN PARTY! - 5052022 US $8.28 Buy It Now 6h 40m
HALLOWEEN: MUSIC & CUISINE FOR A PARTY WITH A THEME - NEW CD US $8.74 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Drew's Famous Party Music - Halloween Party Music [CD New] US $4.80 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Drew's Famous Party Music - Ultimate Halloween Party [CD New] US $9.58 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Halloween Party For Kids [CD New] US $6.47 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Ultimate Halloween Party Music [CD New] US $3.43 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Have A Howlin' Halloween - Various Artists (CD 2001) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pottery Barn HALLOWEEN: A MIX OF GHOSTLY GROOVES & SPOOKY SOUNDS: PARTY MUSIC CD US $16.95 Buy It Now 7h 11m
MIKE ODFIELD Exorcist Theme vg TUBULAR BELLS 45 HALLOWEEN Rock Pop Garage mp3 US $7.99 [0 bids]
POTTERYBARN - HALLOWEEN A MIX OF GHOSTLY GROOVES - SOUNDSCAPE- VIC MIZZY-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Drew's Famous Kids Pop Halloween Hits by Drew's Famous (CD, Apr-2010, Turn Up... US $2.00 Buy It Now 7h 52m
HAUNTED HOUSE Chilling Thrilling Spooky Effects DISNEY HALLOWEEN LP NMINT US $6.99 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN HORRORS Spooky Effects Story & Sounds A&M 1977 LP NMINT US $6.99 [1 bids]
8h
halloween 2cds + night of the living dead dvd ghout stories urban legeds book US $8.99 [0 bids]
"HALLOWEEN HORRORS" - THE SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN - 1977 PROMO -A&M RECORDS - US $16.50 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Drew's Famous HALLOWEEN SOUNDTRAX: SPOOKY PARTY SONGS TO RAISE THE DEAD! (2008) US $7.95 Buy It Now 10h 17m
L'AMOUR ROCKS "V/A" ORG cd Mercenary 87,Halloween,Attacker,Meanstreak US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Halloween - LP record - Chilling Thrilling Sounds of The Haunted House - 1964 US $6.99 [0 bids]
2 Tickets to The Maine Presents Farewell Forever Halloween NY Gramercy 10/23/14 US $80.00 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Halloween Howls (CD,2009, MCM Gemstone)holiday-vg US $0.99 [0 bids]
Scary Sounds of Halloween(CD,Noteworthy)holiday-vg US $0.99 [1 bids]
Halloween Haunted House(CD, 1998, BCI Music)holiday-vg US $0.99 [0 bids]
Vintage LP 1974 SPOOKY HALLOWEEN By Wonderland Singers LP-293 Haunted House Bats US $9.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Halloween Nuggets Monster Sixties A Go [CD New] US $24.41 Buy It Now 11h 48m
DJ's Choice HALLOWEEN FRIGHT NIGHT: 3D VIRTUAL HAUNTED HOUSE SOUND EFFECTS CD!!! US $9.95 Buy It Now 12h 15m
VERY SCARY NIGHT: EERIE CLASSICAL MUSIC & SOUND EFFECTS FOR A SPOOKY HALLOWEEN!! US $4.95 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Halloween Big Screen Thrillers by DJ's Choice (CD, Jul-1999, Turn Up the Music) US $4.00 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Wade Denning Sounds to Make You Shiver LP '74 Pickwick SPC5101 Halloween Scary US $3.99 [0 bids]
Original Jaws Movie Soundtrack LP John Williams Halloween Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Kids Halloween CD Kids Direct Goose Bumps & Jumps Trick or Treat Party Music NEW US $5.29 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Radio Show: FLASHBACK 10/25/04 HALLOWEEN! EAGLES, CCR, POLICE, FOREIGNER,YES,ELO US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Kid's Halloween CD DJ's Choice: BOO! Halloween Fun Songs & Computer Games NEW US $4.79 Buy It Now 12h 31m
BIG SCREAM CD 3 THUNDERSTORM HALLOWEEN HAUNTED HOUSE SOUND EFFECTS CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Hindenburg Soundtrack LP Original Motion Picture Halloween Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Halloween Havoc by Various Artists (CD, Jul-1996, K-Tel Distribution) US $2.00 Buy It Now 12h 45m
Drew's Famous HAUNTED HOUSE HORRORS: 3D VIRTUAL HALLOWEEN SOUND EFFECTS CD! RARE US $12.95 Buy It Now 12h 48m
MINISTRY HALLOWEEN REMIX 12 INCH VINYL 922 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 49m
Halloween II Soundtrack LP 140G Orange Vinyl John Carpenter NM in SHRINK Poster US $54.99 Buy It Now 12h 50m
winnie the pooh childrens halloween songs & sounds cassette tape disney new! US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 54m
DJ BOO HALLOWEEN FUN & GAMES: SPOOKY KIDS HOLIDAY PARTY SONGS, SOUNDS & STORIES! US $4.95 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Lot of 10 Drew's Famous Halloween Party Music Spooky Sounds CDS and Kids Stories US $12.99 [0 bids]
Drew's Famous HALLOWEEN AFTER DARK: PARTY MUSIC & SCARY SOUND EFFECTS with BONUS US $7.95 Buy It Now 13h 28m
Drew's Famous Kids Halloween Celebration by Drew's..NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 51m
Unknown Artist Halloween Cocktail Party CD Lifescapes ( CD US $8.92 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Great Movie Thrillers Soundtrack Hitchcock's Psycho Vertigo Halloween Music US $6.99 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Various Artists Halloween After Dark CD US $8.95 Buy It Now 14h
Various Artists Drews Famous 30 Greatest Halloween: Song CD US $8.79 Buy It Now 14h
Family Arts Theatre Its Halloween CD US $8.97 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Dr Goodsounds Halloween : Halloween Haunt-O-Tron CD (2006) US $5.31 Buy It Now 14h 5m
HALLOWEEN LP - DON´T METAL WITH EVIL / DETROIT´S HEAVY METAL HORROR SHOW - RARE US $69.95 [0 bids]
Halloween: Music from the Films of John Carpenter by John Carpenter (Film Direct US $4.99 [0 bids]
NEW - CD HAUNTED HALLOWEEN SONGS & SPOOKY SOUNDS US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 19m
GHOSTLY SOUNDS A STUNNING ARRAY OF SPOOKY SOUNDS EFFECTS HALLOWEEN 1975 LP NM+ US $24.99 [0 bids]
BORIS PICKETT & tHE CRYPT-KICKERS - MONSTER MASH 45 - PARROT 348 - HALLOWEEN US $3.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Sounds: Over 70 Minutes of chilling atmospheric horror sound effects US $6.79 [0 bids]
Zacherley Zacherle; Dead Man's Ball CD-00P-Sealed Halloween! US $9.99 [1 bids]
Halloween Spooky Sound Effects: Twisted Edition (CD, 2006) Horror Haunted House US $5.59 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Various Artists Drews Famous Extreme Halloween CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Halloween Horror Fire 2 LP Vinyl Record US $38.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
Scary Spooky Stories LP Troll records '73 halloween ghost creepy orig rare WOW!! US $99.00 Buy It Now 15h 45m
HALLOWEEN LP SOUNDS TO MAKE YOU SHIVER PICKWICK SPC-5101 GREAT ALBUM ARTWORK EX US $19.99 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN LP MONSTER MASH SOUNDS OF TERROR! PICKWICK SPC-5104 LP EX++ CONDITION US $26.99 [0 bids]
Halloween CD Haunted House Halloween Sounds Brand New Sealed Audio CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
Little Horrors! 15 Tracks of Halloween Songs & Sound Effects - Sealed New CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
Halloween CD Haunted House Halloween Sounds Audio CD US $6.45 [0 bids]
DJ's Choice: Kids Halloween Fun Party Mix CD - Brand New Factory Sealed Audio CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
Halloween CD Rude & Crude Sound Effects 97 Tracks of Sound Effects New Sealed CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
Dr. Elmo Sings the Boos - Halloween CD - Songs by Elmo Shropshire a/k/a Dr. Elmo US $5.99 [0 bids]
Walt Disney Halloween Songs & Sounds CD Great Songs & Sound CD NM! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Halloween CD Scary Trick or Treat Greetings 20 Tracks Brand New Sealed Audio CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
Monster mash halloween record sounds of terror wow look US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE FOG John Carpenter NM lp original cult Halloween ost vinyl '84 soundtrack !! US $169.00 Buy It Now 16h 12m
GOOSEBUMPS: SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN - CLASSIC SCARY HAUNTED HOUSE EFFECTS US $19.95 Buy It Now 16h 17m
HALLOWEEN SOUNDS OF HORROR: ATMOSPHERIC HAUNTED HOUSE EFFECTS CD (1995) RARE/OOP US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Horror / Halloween - "Psycho" Murder / Killing Scene Effects Audio CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
16" HALLOWEEN SUITE RADIO BROADCAST RECORD LP US $60.00 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Halloween Fright Night by 101 Strings Orchestra (CD, 2006, Madacy Special... US $2.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy HALLOWEEN music online Buy HALLOWEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HALLOWEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang ratings distribution

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang reviews

Review by Fishy
4 stars I don't know why but I happen to like the dark side of progressive rock. If you don't understand what I'm writing about you should check Halloween out. Especially on their first two albums the band is sounding very dark. Maybe the reason why it sounds the way it does is the violin of Jean-Phillippe Brun. He plays his violin on top of the static keyboards which are reminiscent to IQ. Splendid ! On "Laz" the band combines the Genesis/King Crimson influences with musical structures from jazz. For the recording of their third album Merlin, singer Geraldine Le Cocq joined Halloween. Till then the vocals were the weak point of the band. Not only for the terrible accent on the English songs, but also because the singing simply wasn't good enough. Geraldine has a voice of an angel. She gives the complex music the emotion that it needs. With her wonderful singing voice she can turn a frog into a prince. "House with no door" is a song from Van Der Graaf Generator, even in its original form it's a nice track but Geraldine makes it the best track I've ever heard. But let's face it, it must be impossible to do a good job in a band that uses English lyrics as well as French lyrics. Tracks from their first two albums benefit from the new voice. Tracks form "Merlin" are sounding better in the studio version which isn't a surprise as this kind of music usually sounds better when you hear them at home. "March" is the other new track on this live album which consists of tracks from their first three albums. It seems like a leftover from "Laz". On the whole these live sessions are enjoyable. Due to the difference between the several Halloween albums "Silence." has a lot of variation which is a good thing for keeping the listeners attention. This excellent band should never be forgotten.

Send comments to Fishy (BETA) | Report this review (#3345) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 11, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars Very very little that I know about this French band, Halloween. Yes, I have known and liked Helloween - the power metal band from Germany. But Halloween is totally different in music styles and genre and I love the music of Halloween. I have to thank my friend who introduced and sold this CD to me altogether with other album "Laz" which I will definitely review later. I thank him because it really broadens my knowledge about bands that I had never known before. I knew the name of this prog band but only recently that I spin the CD. I search the net to get to know about them but it's very minimum I could find it - so my review will focus only on the music the CD produces.

Also, thanks a lot to ProgArchives who has featured this excellent band on this site. That's what I like about ProgArchives .it's comprehensive and complete resources of progressive music in the world. One thing I like (as reviewer) about this site is the nature of reviewing which lets the reviewer to give his / her opinions freely about prog music with minimum rules. "The reviewer is the editor" that's exactly what I have been feeling about the way PA has adopted the approach and it does suit me perfectly! Well, in prog world, people are required to have an open mind, willingness to accept differing - and sometimes "contradicting" - opinions from people around the globe with different background and musical tastes. The open mindedness of prog people I usually term it as "progressive mind". People with a true progressive mind are those having open mind "and" prog attitudes. I was once a prog reviewer of THEN respected progressive site after I wrote many reviews at this ProgArchives. I wrote couple of reviews there and I did not know why - out of the blue - they then stopped the communication with me. Countless emails I sent to the Chief of the site with no reply from them. It's probably they thought that I was promoted as "Honorary Collaborator" at ProgArchives so that I should not be there in their team. But, they never talked to me openly. Later I knew that my name was dismantled from the site as their team, but my reviews were still posted there. Those people who run that THEN respected website are probably having progressive mind but NO progressive attitudes at all! And this is not good. It was years ago and I tend to forget the bad experience. I truly believe that people with no prog attitudes would not survive and they would turn to dust. And now I can see that ProgArchives has grown tremendously bigger and better than that site with no prog attitudes. I still can have the joy of writing prog reviews at this wonderfully crafted site. Long live ProgArchives! (Please bear in my mind, my prog friends, I have no such thing having any financial relationship or whatsoever with this site).

Wow! Why do I write the above long paragraph for this review? It's situational, my friends. It's because Halloween is not featured in many sites including the site where I was a reviewer before. The point I want to raise is that as prog head we should have progressive mind AND progressive attitudes. This is important and let's focus the discussion on Halloween ..

Violin-based Symphonic Prog

Yes, the band has been influenced by many prog legends like Genesis, King Crimson, Van der Graff or Gentle Giant .but ..one thing I love about Halloween is their own musical characteristics that differentiate themselves from any band. The use of violin extensively throughout the album is great example of how they compose the music. King Crimson's David Cross had never made his violin work dominate any album of King Crimson during his tenure with the band. Halloween's violin is basically like flute in Jethro Tull's albums. Have you ever found any Tull album without extensive use of flute? There was ..probably "A" album. But bear in mind, "A" was initially intended as Ian Anderson solo, not Tull's. Halloween music is probably comparable with After Crying in the way they use violin extensively. In addition, the use of French language with great accentuation has made the music powerful.

The album starts wonderfully with 'Conseil des démons' (4:30) through an ambient nuance with Geraldine vocal line. It then moves dynamically with powerful vocal accentuation of Geraldine in French that makes the vocal sounds truly powerful. Throughout the music flow, violin plays critical role in providing fills, augmented with keyboard / organ work that sometimes in Church organ style. Guitar is also quite dominant. At approx minute 3:27 the music changes the style nicely. It's a great opener. AT the end of the track there are people doing hand clapping .it's probably this album is a live record with excellent sound quality. The next "Le Procès" (8:00) starts off with male narration followed with another powerful female vocal line of Geraldine, backed with inventive violin and piano. Male vocal enters the music as well and it sounds like a dialogue in the music. The bass guitar also provides its tight work. I love the violin work here. In a way it reminds me to After Crying but it's not the same musically. In the middle of the track, there is a jazz rock tinge featuring violin as soloist plus a bit of bass guitar solo. Geraldine performs her acrobatic vocal line. She is a great prog vocalist!

"Waltz" (5:35) is a brilliant follow-up with Geraldine demonstrates his consistent singing style, but this time in English, and it still sounds powerful. At the end of the track there is stunning electric guitar solo, augmented with violin work. "Arthur contre Morgane" (5:55) brings the music energetically with keyboard and violin as the main instruments followed with guitar. The drumwork is also quite dynamics. Vocal only enters in the middle of the track. "Iron Mickey" (5:40) starts symphonic with music riffs using violin and other electric equipment. I love the violin solo performed in this track, followed with electric guitar solo. The album contains also the interpretation of VdGG "House with no Door" (4:15) that starts nicely with soft piano touch and nice vocal line. "Beginning" (6:25) is a great track with wonderful intro using combined piano work and violin followed nicely with violin solo. What I also enjoy is the mellow melodic song with great piano and vocal line at intro "What's in" (4:45). It flows nicely with catchy and memorable melody line supported by great singing of Geraldine. It's an accessible track and it's my favorite. As the music flows, there is also stunning guitar work in addition to violin.

Overall, this is truly an excellent symphonic progressive album with violin-based composition. The guitar solo portion is also quite extensive. I personally think this is a masterpiece work but I want to clear myself from the "halo effect" as I've just known the music recently. But for sure, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#185362) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post a review of HALLOWEEN "Silence...au dernier rang"