SILENCE...AU DERNIER RANG

Halloween

Halloween Silence...au dernier rang album cover

Buy HALLOWEEN Music
Live, released in 1998

1. Conseil des démons (4:30)
2. Le Procès (8:00)
3. Waltz (5:35)
4. Arthur contre Morgane (5:55)
5. Iron Mickey (5:40)
6. House with no Door (4:15)
7. Beginning (6:25)
8. Yule (6:00)
9. What's in (4:45)
10. March (10:00)
11. La Mort de Morgane (5:50)

Search HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang lyrics

- Philippe Di Faostinodi / drums, percussion
- Christophe Dagorn / bass
- Geraldine Le Cocq / vocals

Musea 1998

and to paulindigo for the last updates

HALLOWEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang Music

Victims of the NightVictims of the Night
Remastered · Extra tracks
Pure Steel 2010
Don't Metal With EvilDon't Metal With Evil
Pure Steel Records 2012
SONIC YOUTH Flower/Halloween 1986 Homestead Records 12" Test Pressing PUNK US $85.00 Buy It Now 54m 9s
DREW'S FAMOUS / DJ'S CHOICE "HALLOWEEN PARTY HITS" SONGS & GHOULISH SCARY SOUNDS US $9.95 [0 bids]
Halloween Soundtrack 1st KM Varese 1983 ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC Clean A+ US $95.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DISNEY "CHILLING THRILLING SOUNDS OF THE HAUNTED HOUSE" HALLOWEEN RECORD ALBUM US $9.95 [0 bids]
Drew's Famous 113 Kids Halloween Holiday Jokes;Stories-NEW-W/Read Along Booklet US $1.29 Buy It Now 2h
ZOMBIE GIRL - HALLOWEEN NEW CD US $18.34 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Various Artists Halloween Party Hits CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 16m
TOKYO DISNEY LAND -HALLOWEEN 2010 / SOUNDTRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $54.30 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Scary Sound Effects Compact Disc 1994 Rare Hard To Find OOP HALLOWEEN US $7.00 [0 bids]
Mannheim Steamroller : Halloween (2CDs) (2003) US $3.73 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Halloween Hits (Monster Mash, Ghostbusters, etc...) CD ~ BRAND NEW US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Guns N Roses 2 LP Halloween On The Horizon AUST US $80.00 Buy It Now 3h 52m
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER - HALLOWEEN 2: CREATURES COLLECTION (+DVD) NEW CD US $14.84 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Halloween Spooky Songs And Stories For Kids by the Hit Crew CD NEW SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Witches, Monsters & Ghosts Halloween CD Munsters Theme Edgar Allan Poe Songs US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Crackerbash Nov 1 b/w Halloween Candy 7" Sub Pop Singles Club OOP! Spinanes US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 24m
GUTS AND GORE FRIGHT NIGHT HALLOWEEN - 49 MULTI-LAYERED SOUND EFFECTS (CD, 2011) US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Shadow's Symphony- Threshold of Forgotten Souls CD - Halloween Goth US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Dead Kennedys "Halloween" 12" Single Import N/M w/Pic. Sleeve US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m
CHILDREN'S HALLOWEEN PARTY!: New CD US $7.24 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Various Artists Halloween House Party: Classic Halloween Hits & Spooky Sound US $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Kidz Bop Kids Halloween CD US $6.29 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Disney - Tokyo Disney Sea Disney Halloween [CD New] US $42.25 Buy It Now 5h 36m
HALLOWEEN PARTY / VARIOUS NEW CD US $8.65 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Disney - Tokyo Disney Land-Halloween 2010 [CD New] US $44.44 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Halloween - Don't Metal With Evil [CD New] US $18.03 Buy It Now 5h 37m
KIDZ BOP KIDS - KIDZ BOP HALLOWEEN HITS! - NEW CD US $7.92 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Halloween SOUNDS OF HORROR 2 CD set NEW sealed Howling wind Screams Creaking US $5.40 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Trick or Treat (CD) Halloween Eerie Music Scary Sounds witches screams howls US $3.94 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Martha Stewart Living SPOOKY SCARY SOUNDS FOR HALLOWEEN HAUNTED HOUSE EFFECTS CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Shadow's Symphony- Fairvale Funeral Parlor CD-Halloween Goth -Halloween/Horror US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Gold,Andrew - Halloween Howls [CD New] US $8.77 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Seraphim Shock Halloween Sex N Vegas CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Disney Pooh Halloween Songs Sounds CD Classic Greatest Rare Mickey Tigger 1997 US $11.83 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Halloween: Music from the Films of John Carpenter CD Mint #BV74 US $38.47 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Drew's Famous Kids Pop Halloween Hits by Drew's Famous (CD, Apr-2003, Turn Up... US $5.00 [0 bids]
SOUNDS TO MAKE YOU SHIVER LP Mega-Rare SKELETONS Halloween Cover Art IN SHRINK US $350.00 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Halloween Party Halloween Party Favorites CD US $8.09 Buy It Now 7h 35m
ANDREW GOLD - HALLOWEEN HOWLS NEW CD US $14.47 Buy It Now 7h 36m
HALLOWEEN - DON'T METAL WITH EVIL NEW CD US $26.45 Buy It Now 7h 45m
JOHN CARPENTER GREATEST HITS-HALLOWEEN THE FOG ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK SOUNDTRACKS US $2.62 [3 bids]
Scholastic Cass CLIFFORD'S PUPPY DAYS: THE HALLOWEEN HO US $4.19 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Halloween SOUNDS OF HORROR 2 CD set NEW sealed Howling wind Screams Creaking US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
VAN HELSING'S CURSE - OCULUS INFERNUM: HALLOWEEN TALE NEW CD US $15.24 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Halloween Spooky Sound Effects Twisted Edition CD New US $9.97 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Bugs-n-Hisses, 60 Minute Halloween - CD US $5.55 [0 bids]
Halloween Gambling With The Devil Ltd Edition 2 x CD Set Metal Music Album New US $28.95 Buy It Now 8h 39m
STATUS QUO who gets the love 12" 3 trk b/w halloween and the reason for goodbye US $8.50 Buy It Now 8h 47m
175 ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN SOUND EFFECTS - HALLOWEEN 2 CD SET NEW US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Halloween Spooky Sound Effects: Twisted Edition (CD) NEW Horror Haunted House US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 51m
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER - HALLOWEEN: MONSTER MIX - NEW CD US $6.15 Buy It Now 8h 54m
Robin And The Dreamweavers OST EP 12" Halloween Hw2027606 2000 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h
Halloween Howls Cd US $2.97 [0 bids]
MUSIC OF THE VAMPIRES CASSETTE TAPE OOP RARE 1994 HALLOWEEN ZOMBIES CREEPY US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 16m
NEW Lego Minifigure City 40032 Halloween Witch Building Block Toy US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Various Artists : Halloween Sound Effects CD (2000) US $3.98 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Cereal Halloween Cardboard Record SOUNDS OF UNKNOWN NEW US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h 44m
Fisher-Price Little People Halloween Sing-Along: Favorite Songs US $5.00 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Scary Sounds CD by Various Artists (CD, Wal-Mart, Halloween Soundtrack) US $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Halloween Jams - Cats Party New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $13.59 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Various : Halloween: Haunted House CD (2007) US $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Wolfman Jack's Halloween Special: Fun For Kids by Various Artists (CD,... US $2.75 Buy It Now 10h 34m
Sings the Boos by Dr. Elmo - Halloween rock music CD US $2.25 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Drew's Famous Ultimate Halloween Party Music by Drew's Famous (CD, Jul-2002,... US $7.49 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Various Artists, Halloween Scariest Movie Themes and hauntings Audio CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Halloween III Deathwaltz Records Cassette Tape Soundtrack! Rare! Tom Atkins! Oop US $15.00 [0 bids]
Kids Mix Halloween US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 9m
Classic Horror Films by Various Artists (Halloween, Etc.) CD Mint #Y406S US $9.88 Buy It Now 11h 24m
V/A Mostly Ghostly: More Horror For Halloween. Ace CD Roy Clark John Zacherle US $14.49 Buy It Now 11h 36m
, Halloween Audio CD US $5.56 Buy It Now 11h 40m
V/A These Ghoulish Things:Horror Hits For Halloween Ace CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 11h 49m
PHISH Quadrophenia LIVE Rosemont Horizon, Chicago, IL 10/31/95 Halloween RARE US $5.00 [0 bids]
Little Feat HELLZAPOPPIN' THE 1975 HALLOWEEN BROADCAST New Sealed VINYL LP US $26.99 [0 bids]
Hallmark HOWL-O-WEEN SOUNDS: VINTAGE HALLOWEEN CASSETTE OF SOUNDS US $9.95 Buy It Now 12h 21m
SOUNDS TO HAUNT YOUR HOUSE: VINTAGE 1992 K-TEL SPOOKY HALLOWEEN CASSETTE! RARE!! US $4.95 Buy It Now 12h 30m
SOUNDS TO HAUNT YOUR HOUSE: VINTAGE 1992 K-TEL HALLOWEEN CASSETTE w/RARE COVER!! US $5.95 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Full Moon Martini Full Moon Martini: Halloween Party CD US $9.24 Buy It Now 13h 33m
Halloween Scary Tales CD 25 Scary hits brand New Factory sealed US $12.95 Buy It Now 13h 52m
HALLOWEEN Laz French lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Seraphim Shock - Halloween, Sex 'N Vegas CD 2004 Sacrilege Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Drew's Famous Halloween Party Music by Drew's Famous (CD, Dec-1996, Turn Up... US $0.99 [0 bids]
Kids Halloween Party Kids Halloween Party CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 14h 26m
halloween 2cds + night of the living dead dvd ghout stories urban legeds book US $8.99 [0 bids]
TRICK/TREAT Halloween 1972 EXXON Enjay Chemical private LP ORSON WELLES US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
WOLFMAN JACK'S SPOOKY SOUNDS CD BRAND NEW 2007 HALLOWEEN IS COMING US $11.46 Buy It Now 14h 48m
SPECIAL DU JOUR: Halloween City quebec vinyl US $14.00 Buy It Now 14h 49m
HALLOWEEN TERRORTORY GERMAN IMPORT 2LP SET LOW # 9/ 333 UNPLAYED MUST SEE 5 DAYS US $39.99 Buy It Now 15h 8m
Hear Rare Halloween Ghoul Boogie 45 : Theme From Friday The 13th Part 3 ~ 1982 US $30.00 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN HORROR SHOW - 25 VA Tunes US $17.45 Buy It Now 15h 16m
Halloween Sing-Along: Favorite Songs & Spooky Sounds [Digipak] L2-S19 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Sounds To Make You Shiver 1974 NM- Halloween Horror Dracula Frankenstein Wolfman US $29.90 Buy It Now 15h 56m
HOLLYWOOD HAUNTS - HALLOWEEN DEMONS & VAMPIRES NEW CD US $16.39 Buy It Now 16h 5m
DJs Choice Halloween Scariest Movie Themes & Hauntings CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
Halloween, Vol. 2: Creatures Collection by Mannheim Steamroller (CD, Sep-2006... US $19.95 Buy It Now 16h 26m
Mystery & Terror Sounds (CD, Oct-2001, Columbia) Halloween Special BRAND NEW US $9.19 Buy It Now 16h 28m
NEW Howlin' Halloween 2008 CD SEALED 1 Hour of Horror Bone Chilling songs sounds US $8.98 Buy It Now 16h 56m
HALLOWEEN Lady Midnight / Come See What It's All About PROMO 12" Near-Mint vinyl US $36.00 Buy It Now 17h 10m
Dark Demons Halloween Horror Nights 2013 New Haunted Prop Audio Sound FX CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 17h 38m
Monsters, Ghouls, Goblins & Demons, Essential Halloween Party Collection US $9.00 Buy It Now 18h 30m
Halloween Songs & Sounds by Disney (CD, Sep-2001, Walt Disney) US $8.00 Buy It Now 18h 55m

More places to buy HALLOWEEN music online Buy HALLOWEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HALLOWEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang ratings distribution

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang reviews

Review by Fishy
4 stars I don't know why but I happen to like the dark side of progressive rock. If you don't understand what I'm writing about you should check Halloween out. Especially on their first two albums the band is sounding very dark. Maybe the reason why it sounds the way it does is the violin of Jean-Phillippe Brun. He plays his violin on top of the static keyboards which are reminiscent to IQ. Splendid ! On "Laz" the band combines the Genesis/King Crimson influences with musical structures from jazz. For the recording of their third album Merlin, singer Geraldine Le Cocq joined Halloween. Till then the vocals were the weak point of the band. Not only for the terrible accent on the English songs, but also because the singing simply wasn't good enough. Geraldine has a voice of an angel. She gives the complex music the emotion that it needs. With her wonderful singing voice she can turn a frog into a prince. "House with no door" is a song from Van Der Graaf Generator, even in its original form it's a nice track but Geraldine makes it the best track I've ever heard. But let's face it, it must be impossible to do a good job in a band that uses English lyrics as well as French lyrics. Tracks from their first two albums benefit from the new voice. Tracks form "Merlin" are sounding better in the studio version which isn't a surprise as this kind of music usually sounds better when you hear them at home. "March" is the other new track on this live album which consists of tracks from their first three albums. It seems like a leftover from "Laz". On the whole these live sessions are enjoyable. Due to the difference between the several Halloween albums "Silence." has a lot of variation which is a good thing for keeping the listeners attention. This excellent band should never be forgotten.

Send comments to Fishy (BETA) | Report this review (#3345) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 11, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars Very very little that I know about this French band, Halloween. Yes, I have known and liked Helloween - the power metal band from Germany. But Halloween is totally different in music styles and genre and I love the music of Halloween. I have to thank my friend who introduced and sold this CD to me altogether with other album "Laz" which I will definitely review later. I thank him because it really broadens my knowledge about bands that I had never known before. I knew the name of this prog band but only recently that I spin the CD. I search the net to get to know about them but it's very minimum I could find it - so my review will focus only on the music the CD produces.

Also, thanks a lot to ProgArchives who has featured this excellent band on this site. That's what I like about ProgArchives .it's comprehensive and complete resources of progressive music in the world. One thing I like (as reviewer) about this site is the nature of reviewing which lets the reviewer to give his / her opinions freely about prog music with minimum rules. "The reviewer is the editor" that's exactly what I have been feeling about the way PA has adopted the approach and it does suit me perfectly! Well, in prog world, people are required to have an open mind, willingness to accept differing - and sometimes "contradicting" - opinions from people around the globe with different background and musical tastes. The open mindedness of prog people I usually term it as "progressive mind". People with a true progressive mind are those having open mind "and" prog attitudes. I was once a prog reviewer of THEN respected progressive site after I wrote many reviews at this ProgArchives. I wrote couple of reviews there and I did not know why - out of the blue - they then stopped the communication with me. Countless emails I sent to the Chief of the site with no reply from them. It's probably they thought that I was promoted as "Honorary Collaborator" at ProgArchives so that I should not be there in their team. But, they never talked to me openly. Later I knew that my name was dismantled from the site as their team, but my reviews were still posted there. Those people who run that THEN respected website are probably having progressive mind but NO progressive attitudes at all! And this is not good. It was years ago and I tend to forget the bad experience. I truly believe that people with no prog attitudes would not survive and they would turn to dust. And now I can see that ProgArchives has grown tremendously bigger and better than that site with no prog attitudes. I still can have the joy of writing prog reviews at this wonderfully crafted site. Long live ProgArchives! (Please bear in my mind, my prog friends, I have no such thing having any financial relationship or whatsoever with this site).

Wow! Why do I write the above long paragraph for this review? It's situational, my friends. It's because Halloween is not featured in many sites including the site where I was a reviewer before. The point I want to raise is that as prog head we should have progressive mind AND progressive attitudes. This is important and let's focus the discussion on Halloween ..

Violin-based Symphonic Prog

Yes, the band has been influenced by many prog legends like Genesis, King Crimson, Van der Graff or Gentle Giant .but ..one thing I love about Halloween is their own musical characteristics that differentiate themselves from any band. The use of violin extensively throughout the album is great example of how they compose the music. King Crimson's David Cross had never made his violin work dominate any album of King Crimson during his tenure with the band. Halloween's violin is basically like flute in Jethro Tull's albums. Have you ever found any Tull album without extensive use of flute? There was ..probably "A" album. But bear in mind, "A" was initially intended as Ian Anderson solo, not Tull's. Halloween music is probably comparable with After Crying in the way they use violin extensively. In addition, the use of French language with great accentuation has made the music powerful.

The album starts wonderfully with 'Conseil des démons' (4:30) through an ambient nuance with Geraldine vocal line. It then moves dynamically with powerful vocal accentuation of Geraldine in French that makes the vocal sounds truly powerful. Throughout the music flow, violin plays critical role in providing fills, augmented with keyboard / organ work that sometimes in Church organ style. Guitar is also quite dominant. At approx minute 3:27 the music changes the style nicely. It's a great opener. AT the end of the track there are people doing hand clapping .it's probably this album is a live record with excellent sound quality. The next "Le Procès" (8:00) starts off with male narration followed with another powerful female vocal line of Geraldine, backed with inventive violin and piano. Male vocal enters the music as well and it sounds like a dialogue in the music. The bass guitar also provides its tight work. I love the violin work here. In a way it reminds me to After Crying but it's not the same musically. In the middle of the track, there is a jazz rock tinge featuring violin as soloist plus a bit of bass guitar solo. Geraldine performs her acrobatic vocal line. She is a great prog vocalist!

"Waltz" (5:35) is a brilliant follow-up with Geraldine demonstrates his consistent singing style, but this time in English, and it still sounds powerful. At the end of the track there is stunning electric guitar solo, augmented with violin work. "Arthur contre Morgane" (5:55) brings the music energetically with keyboard and violin as the main instruments followed with guitar. The drumwork is also quite dynamics. Vocal only enters in the middle of the track. "Iron Mickey" (5:40) starts symphonic with music riffs using violin and other electric equipment. I love the violin solo performed in this track, followed with electric guitar solo. The album contains also the interpretation of VdGG "House with no Door" (4:15) that starts nicely with soft piano touch and nice vocal line. "Beginning" (6:25) is a great track with wonderful intro using combined piano work and violin followed nicely with violin solo. What I also enjoy is the mellow melodic song with great piano and vocal line at intro "What's in" (4:45). It flows nicely with catchy and memorable melody line supported by great singing of Geraldine. It's an accessible track and it's my favorite. As the music flows, there is also stunning guitar work in addition to violin.

Overall, this is truly an excellent symphonic progressive album with violin-based composition. The guitar solo portion is also quite extensive. I personally think this is a masterpiece work but I want to clear myself from the "halo effect" as I've just known the music recently. But for sure, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#185362) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post a review of HALLOWEEN "Silence...au dernier rang"