SILENCE...AU DERNIER RANG

Halloween

Halloween Silence...au dernier rang album cover

Buy HALLOWEEN Music
Live, released in 1998

1. Conseil des démons (4:30)
2. Le Procès (8:00)
3. Waltz (5:35)
4. Arthur contre Morgane (5:55)
5. Iron Mickey (5:40)
6. House with no Door (4:15)
7. Beginning (6:25)
8. Yule (6:00)
9. What's in (4:45)
10. March (10:00)
11. La Mort de Morgane (5:50)

Search HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang lyrics

- Philippe Di Faostinodi / drums, percussion
- Christophe Dagorn / bass
- Geraldine Le Cocq / vocals

Musea 1998

and to paulindigo for the last updates

HALLOWEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang Music

Victims of the NightVictims of the Night
Remastered · Extra tracks
Pure Steel 2010
E.vil P.ieces EPE.vil P.ieces EP
Motor City Metal 2006
Halloween's Gravest Hits - V/A New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $13.59 Buy It Now 2h 12m
SMIFFY's WHITE SEXY FISHNET TIGHTS FANCY DRESS ACCESSORIES HALLOWEEN NURSE US $5.46 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Mastermix Grandmaster Halloween - Mixed Compilation CD US $26.20 Buy It Now 2h 45m
JOHN OTTMAN best of SCORE soundtrack CD fantasy island HALLOWEEN H20 snow white US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Scream Cd: Ultimate Halloween Experience [CD New] US $4.98 Buy It Now 3h 40m
MANIAC OST SILVER RED SPLATTER BLOOD ROB RARE FOG DEATH WALTZ MONDO HALLOWEEN US $285.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Sings the Boos dracula witches Halloween music CD by Dr. Elmo US $2.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Hits. 698458972224 US $13.08 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Halloween Night [DVD] By Derek Osedach,Rebekah Kochan,David Michael Latt,Sherri US $10.06 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Halloween Hits. 698458972224 US $8.67 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Beats & Spells : The Halloween Mix by DJ Ajax US $12.99 [0 bids]
PARTY CATS - KIDS DANCE PARTY: HALLOWEEN JAMS NEW CD US $15.52 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Lupen Crook Halloween 7" Vinyl Single US $8.53 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Halloween: Haunted House by Various Artists (CD, May-2000, BCI Music... US $6.00 [0 bids]
Halloween Sounds CD The Hit Crew NWOT Sealed Spooky Party Haunted House Ghosts US $10.45 Buy It Now 8h 18m
'CHILDREN'S HALLOWEEN PARTY' (Plus 10 Scary Sound Effects!) CD US $10.18 Buy It Now 8h 20m
JOHN CARPENTER Halloween OST 2xLP REISSUE Mondo classic slasher synth soundtrack US $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 33m
HAUNTED HALLOWEEN: 1 HOUR OF HAUNTING FUN: SPOOKY SONGS & SOUNDS PARTY CD (2008) US $7.95 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Fortunes "The Ghoul In School" Halloween R&B Soul 45 Cub mp3 US $8.49 [2 bids]
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers by Original Soundtrack (CD,... US $9.95 [1 bids]
HALLOWEEN SONGBOOK PIANO SHEET MUSIC BOOK with AUDIO CD. Kevin G. Pace. US $15.95 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN SONGBOOK SHEET MUSIC. Vocal & piano. Kevin G. Pace. Halloween Carols US $8.95 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN SONGS AUDIO CD. PIANO MUSIC. Kevin G. Pace. (Halloween Carols) US $9.95 [0 bids]
Halloween - Monster Mash (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 9h 27m
the monster club SOUNDTRACK LP ost '80 vincent price halloween pretty things WOW US $359.00 Buy It Now 9h 27m
Little People: Halloween Sing-Along by Fisher-Price (CD, Jan-2005, Fisher-Price) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Sounds of Halloween Night: Non Stop Spine Tingling Effects (CD, 1998, St. Clair) US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Halloween Party! US $9.82 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Mickey's Monster Bash CD And Walt Disney's Halloween Songs and Sounds NIP US $12.99 [0 bids]
Halloween [Original Score] [CD & DVD] by 101 Strings Orchestra (CD, Jan-2007,... US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Bats & Glow-In-The-Dark Moon T-SHIRT MEDIUM 8 Halloween US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
DJ's Choice: More Halloween Party Music by DJ's Choice (CD, Jul-2003, Turn Up... US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Zz/Various Artists - Screemers-(Halloween) (1996) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Forever Halloween by Maine US $9.79 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Halloween O.S.T. Mondo 2x LP Orange Vinyl Gatefold 180g Phantom City Creative US $75.00 Buy It Now 10h 48m
KING DIAMOND - HALLOWEEN 12" Vinyl EP (PICTURE DISC) - Roadrunner 1986 - US $49.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Dj's Choice Boo! HALLOWEEN GAMES & FUN FOR KIDS ( NEW ) US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Halloween Fright Night - Halloween Fright Night (2004) - Used - Compact Dis US $0.99 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Mondo Drive Paranorman Halloween Oblivion Coraline The Omen LP limited edition US $999.00 Buy It Now 11h 14m
HALLOWEEN 4 cd/DVD Witches/Monsters/Ghosts Scary Stories/Sounds of Night/Magic US $13.45 Buy It Now 11h 22m
HALLOWEEN: Lady Midnight / Come See What It's All About 12 (dj, custom cover, s US $45.00 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Halloween - Little Horrors (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 11h 36m
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - HALLOWEEN PARTY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.35 Buy It Now 12h 6m
JOHN ZACHERLE halloween 45 IGOR / DINNER WITH DRAC ~ CAMEO VG- US $29.25 Buy It Now 12h 41m
GENE SIMMONS halloween 45 HAUNTED HOUSE / HEY, HEY LITTLE ~ HI VG CANADIAN PRESS US $9.75 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Halloween ( Original Soundtrack ) (Explicit Version) - Rob Zombie US $8.50 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Various Artists, Screamin Halloween Sounds Audio CD US $4.06 Buy It Now 12h 52m
12" HALLOWEEN " LADY MIDNIGHT" ON MERCURY REC. US $25.00 Buy It Now 13h
SOUNDS OF HORROR: SPOOKY HALLOWEEN SOUND EFFECTS FOR A HAUNTED HOUSE! (2-CD Set) US $9.95 Buy It Now 13h 21m
50 Kids Spooky Halloween US $2.00 Buy It Now 13h 35m
2 Disney Halloween music cds Monster MAsh US $2.00 [0 bids]
Pulsar: Halloween Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd magma univeria zekt Q US $71.25 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Elvira Presents Haunted Hits CD Halloween Alice Cooper Vic Mizzy Gene Simmons US $5.99 [0 bids]
V/A Horror Hop CD HALLOWEEN GARAGE ROCK TOMMY KING LOU CHANEY MORE US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
"Halloween II" Soundtrack LP Carpenter Varese Sarabande US $9.99 [1 bids]
Halloween Howls Halloween Howls MUSIC CD US $7.87 Buy It Now 14h 34m
Shivers Halloween Party: Spooky Pack US $23.94 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Hollywood Haunts presents: HALLOWEEN CHILLER DANCE PARTY! SPOOKY US $9.95 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Halloween III Deathwaltz Records Cassette Tape Soundtrack! Rare! Tom Atkins! Oop US $15.00 [0 bids]
Little Feat HELLZAPOPPIN' THE 1975 HALLOWEEN BROADCAST New Sealed VINYL LP US $26.99 [0 bids]
Arachnitect: From The Halloween Carols [Single] by Kristen Lawrence (CD,... US $7.03 Buy It Now 15h 21m
Halloween Hootenanny by Various Artists (CD, Oct-1998, Geffen) US $1.00 [0 bids]
MISFITS 7" HALLOWEEN ORANGE VINYL WITH/ INSERT MINT DANZIG PUNK KBD SAMHAIN US $22.00 Buy It Now 15h 53m
Halloween CD, Scary Sounds Effects, Spooky Hollow, Dated 1995 & 2002, lot of 2 US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 12m
SOUNDS TO MAKE YOU SHIVER LP in Shrink Halloween Sound Effects US $22.61 Buy It Now 16h 30m
HAUNTED MANSION: EERIE HALLOWEEN SOUNDS & MUSIC FOR A SPOOKY HAUNTED HOUSE: 2009 US $7.95 Buy It Now 16h 35m
Vincent De Moor - Worlds Of Doubt - Halloween #234662 US $5.11 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Halloween by Dr. Elmo (CD, Apr-2010, Turn Up the Music) US $6.00 Buy It Now 16h 51m
Rare Panic! At The Disco "It's Almost Halloween" Single Disc US $20.00 Buy It Now 17h 33m
MISFITS "Halloween" vinyl 7" fan club Plan 9 great repro Glenn Danzig EP US $10.00 [1 bids]
Wade Denning ?Sounds To Make You Shiver Vinyl LP Record Sound Effects Halloween US $4.99 [1 bids]
HALLOWEEN III Season of the Witch Soundtrack LP Original NM US $89.99 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Unknown Artist Halloween Spooktacular CD US $9.22 Buy It Now 17h 58m
HALLOWEEN HORRORS - SOUND EFFECTS LP EXCELLENT US $13.00 Buy It Now 18h
13 X METAL THRASH FLEXI LOT / HALLOWEEN KERRANG ONSLUGHT US $25.00 Buy It Now 18h 11m
Various Artists Halloween Party: Monster Madness CD US $3.73 Buy It Now 18h 29m
Do They Know It's Hallowe'en [Single] by North American Halloween Prevention... US $0.99 [0 bids]
Various Halloween Party Music CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 56m
Halloween Howls CD MCMXCIX Gemstone Entertainment U.S.A. US $3.95 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Street Child Halloween MZ1 FOR iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Street Child Halloween MZ2 FOR iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Street Child Halloween MZ3 FOR iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Street Child Halloween MZ4 FOR iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 19h 23m
GREGORY'S FUNHOUSE - IT ONLY HAPPENS ON HALLOWEEN Flex-i-disc Big Chief 1001 NM US $13.79 Buy It Now 19h 38m
HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC-Drew's Famous/MONSTER MASH-Spooky-DISCO/Dancing/HIOLIDAY US $8.49 Buy It Now 20h 37m
DJ's Choice Kids Halloween Party Music, Various Artists, Good US $3.99 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Halloween Big Screen Thrillers by DJ's Choice (CD, Jul-1999) FAST SHIP US $4.28 Buy It Now 20h 53m
Street Child Halloween Monster Boys AN1 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 20h 55m

More places to buy HALLOWEEN music online Buy HALLOWEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HALLOWEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang ratings distribution

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang reviews

Review by Fishy
4 stars I don't know why but I happen to like the dark side of progressive rock. If you don't understand what I'm writing about you should check Halloween out. Especially on their first two albums the band is sounding very dark. Maybe the reason why it sounds the way it does is the violin of Jean-Phillippe Brun. He plays his violin on top of the static keyboards which are reminiscent to IQ. Splendid ! On "Laz" the band combines the Genesis/King Crimson influences with musical structures from jazz. For the recording of their third album Merlin, singer Geraldine Le Cocq joined Halloween. Till then the vocals were the weak point of the band. Not only for the terrible accent on the English songs, but also because the singing simply wasn't good enough. Geraldine has a voice of an angel. She gives the complex music the emotion that it needs. With her wonderful singing voice she can turn a frog into a prince. "House with no door" is a song from Van Der Graaf Generator, even in its original form it's a nice track but Geraldine makes it the best track I've ever heard. But let's face it, it must be impossible to do a good job in a band that uses English lyrics as well as French lyrics. Tracks from their first two albums benefit from the new voice. Tracks form "Merlin" are sounding better in the studio version which isn't a surprise as this kind of music usually sounds better when you hear them at home. "March" is the other new track on this live album which consists of tracks from their first three albums. It seems like a leftover from "Laz". On the whole these live sessions are enjoyable. Due to the difference between the several Halloween albums "Silence." has a lot of variation which is a good thing for keeping the listeners attention. This excellent band should never be forgotten.

Send comments to Fishy (BETA) | Report this review (#3345) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 11, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars Very very little that I know about this French band, Halloween. Yes, I have known and liked Helloween - the power metal band from Germany. But Halloween is totally different in music styles and genre and I love the music of Halloween. I have to thank my friend who introduced and sold this CD to me altogether with other album "Laz" which I will definitely review later. I thank him because it really broadens my knowledge about bands that I had never known before. I knew the name of this prog band but only recently that I spin the CD. I search the net to get to know about them but it's very minimum I could find it - so my review will focus only on the music the CD produces.

Also, thanks a lot to ProgArchives who has featured this excellent band on this site. That's what I like about ProgArchives .it's comprehensive and complete resources of progressive music in the world. One thing I like (as reviewer) about this site is the nature of reviewing which lets the reviewer to give his / her opinions freely about prog music with minimum rules. "The reviewer is the editor" that's exactly what I have been feeling about the way PA has adopted the approach and it does suit me perfectly! Well, in prog world, people are required to have an open mind, willingness to accept differing - and sometimes "contradicting" - opinions from people around the globe with different background and musical tastes. The open mindedness of prog people I usually term it as "progressive mind". People with a true progressive mind are those having open mind "and" prog attitudes. I was once a prog reviewer of THEN respected progressive site after I wrote many reviews at this ProgArchives. I wrote couple of reviews there and I did not know why - out of the blue - they then stopped the communication with me. Countless emails I sent to the Chief of the site with no reply from them. It's probably they thought that I was promoted as "Honorary Collaborator" at ProgArchives so that I should not be there in their team. But, they never talked to me openly. Later I knew that my name was dismantled from the site as their team, but my reviews were still posted there. Those people who run that THEN respected website are probably having progressive mind but NO progressive attitudes at all! And this is not good. It was years ago and I tend to forget the bad experience. I truly believe that people with no prog attitudes would not survive and they would turn to dust. And now I can see that ProgArchives has grown tremendously bigger and better than that site with no prog attitudes. I still can have the joy of writing prog reviews at this wonderfully crafted site. Long live ProgArchives! (Please bear in my mind, my prog friends, I have no such thing having any financial relationship or whatsoever with this site).

Wow! Why do I write the above long paragraph for this review? It's situational, my friends. It's because Halloween is not featured in many sites including the site where I was a reviewer before. The point I want to raise is that as prog head we should have progressive mind AND progressive attitudes. This is important and let's focus the discussion on Halloween ..

Violin-based Symphonic Prog

Yes, the band has been influenced by many prog legends like Genesis, King Crimson, Van der Graff or Gentle Giant .but ..one thing I love about Halloween is their own musical characteristics that differentiate themselves from any band. The use of violin extensively throughout the album is great example of how they compose the music. King Crimson's David Cross had never made his violin work dominate any album of King Crimson during his tenure with the band. Halloween's violin is basically like flute in Jethro Tull's albums. Have you ever found any Tull album without extensive use of flute? There was ..probably "A" album. But bear in mind, "A" was initially intended as Ian Anderson solo, not Tull's. Halloween music is probably comparable with After Crying in the way they use violin extensively. In addition, the use of French language with great accentuation has made the music powerful.

The album starts wonderfully with 'Conseil des démons' (4:30) through an ambient nuance with Geraldine vocal line. It then moves dynamically with powerful vocal accentuation of Geraldine in French that makes the vocal sounds truly powerful. Throughout the music flow, violin plays critical role in providing fills, augmented with keyboard / organ work that sometimes in Church organ style. Guitar is also quite dominant. At approx minute 3:27 the music changes the style nicely. It's a great opener. AT the end of the track there are people doing hand clapping .it's probably this album is a live record with excellent sound quality. The next "Le Procès" (8:00) starts off with male narration followed with another powerful female vocal line of Geraldine, backed with inventive violin and piano. Male vocal enters the music as well and it sounds like a dialogue in the music. The bass guitar also provides its tight work. I love the violin work here. In a way it reminds me to After Crying but it's not the same musically. In the middle of the track, there is a jazz rock tinge featuring violin as soloist plus a bit of bass guitar solo. Geraldine performs her acrobatic vocal line. She is a great prog vocalist!

"Waltz" (5:35) is a brilliant follow-up with Geraldine demonstrates his consistent singing style, but this time in English, and it still sounds powerful. At the end of the track there is stunning electric guitar solo, augmented with violin work. "Arthur contre Morgane" (5:55) brings the music energetically with keyboard and violin as the main instruments followed with guitar. The drumwork is also quite dynamics. Vocal only enters in the middle of the track. "Iron Mickey" (5:40) starts symphonic with music riffs using violin and other electric equipment. I love the violin solo performed in this track, followed with electric guitar solo. The album contains also the interpretation of VdGG "House with no Door" (4:15) that starts nicely with soft piano touch and nice vocal line. "Beginning" (6:25) is a great track with wonderful intro using combined piano work and violin followed nicely with violin solo. What I also enjoy is the mellow melodic song with great piano and vocal line at intro "What's in" (4:45). It flows nicely with catchy and memorable melody line supported by great singing of Geraldine. It's an accessible track and it's my favorite. As the music flows, there is also stunning guitar work in addition to violin.

Overall, this is truly an excellent symphonic progressive album with violin-based composition. The guitar solo portion is also quite extensive. I personally think this is a masterpiece work but I want to clear myself from the "halo effect" as I've just known the music recently. But for sure, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#185362) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post a review of HALLOWEEN "Silence...au dernier rang"