SILENCE...AU DERNIER RANG

Halloween

Halloween Silence...au dernier rang album cover

Buy HALLOWEEN Music
Live, released in 1998

1. Conseil des démons (4:30)
2. Le Procès (8:00)
3. Waltz (5:35)
4. Arthur contre Morgane (5:55)
5. Iron Mickey (5:40)
6. House with no Door (4:15)
7. Beginning (6:25)
8. Yule (6:00)
9. What's in (4:45)
10. March (10:00)
11. La Mort de Morgane (5:50)

Search HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang lyrics

- Philippe Di Faostinodi / drums, percussion
- Christophe Dagorn / bass
- Geraldine Le Cocq / vocals

Musea 1998

and to paulindigo for the last updates

HALLOWEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang Music

Heavy Halloween by Drew's Famous CD, 2000, Turn Up the Music US $15.00 Buy It Now 33m 36s
HAUNTED MANSION: EERIE HALLOWEEN SOUNDS & MUSIC FOR A SPOOKY HAUNTED HOUSE: 2009 US $9.95 Buy It Now 40m 52s
80s Early Industrial Dance 12" 45 MINISTRY Everyday(Is Halloween)WAX TRAX OO7 EX US $10.99 Buy It Now 45m 15s
Chuck Prophet - Castro Halloween b/w I Gotta Get Back to You 7" new orange vinyl US $7.99 Buy It Now 59m 36s
BEST OF HALLOWEEN -VAR (2CD 2013) NEW ZACHERLE PICKETT AMBER FLAMES CONVY TYLER US $15.99 Buy It Now 59m 58s
Torture Zone Scary Sounds to Terrorize HALLOWEEN CD Laserlight NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Drew's Famous Kids' Halloween Costume Party by Drew's Famous (CD, Jul-2002,... US $0.99 [0 bids]
SCARY SOUND EFFECTS: NIGHTMARISH NOISE FOR HALLOWEEN (CD 1994) 41 TRACKS US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Ministry Halloween Remix B/W Nature Of Outtakes 12" US $1.00 [0 bids]
FRIGHT NIGHT Beyond The Grave Sound Effects Halloween Haunted CD Compact Disc US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 33m
CASPER GHOST HAUNTED HOUSE RECORD LP SEALED HALLOWEEN US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Three (3) halloween cds US $3.99 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN HOWLS-Party SOUND FX-Scary/SPOOKY-Sounds/HAUNTED HOUSE-Laughing-SCREAM US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Halloween Chamber of Horrors Tape Pumpkin Time Vintage 1988 NOS US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
GARAGE BAND HALLOWEEN V2 -VAR (CD 2009) NEW CASTRO ELVI FRENZY MARTELL WRIGHT US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
1977 HALLOWEEN HORRORS The Sounds Of Halloween & Other Useful Effects LP SP-3152 US $17.50 Buy It Now 2h 44m
1960'S HALLOWEEN RECORD LP SEALED PRIVATE PRESS US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Halloween - Skull That Light Up And Will Repeat What You Say. RIP US $5.99 [1 bids]
JOSE FERRER Halloween Tales BOWMAR CL#1 VG+ US $22.00 [1 bids]
RARE Michael Graves Web of Dharma Still SEALED HALLOWEEN/MISFITS No Reserve US $99.99 [0 bids]
1978 halloween movie LP soundtrack john carpenter michael myers RECORD nr mint US $49.99 [1 bids]
Goosebumps sounds of halloween US $0.99 [0 bids]
KIDS RECORD Walt Disney STUDIOS CHILLING THRILLING HAUNTED HOUSE LP HALLOWEEN US $17.00 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN CD Alice Cooper Feed my Frankenstein CD EP POISON US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 59m
A Hornbook for Witches Vincent Price Caedmon LP Halloween '76 arkham leah drake! US $179.00 Buy It Now 4h
HAUNTED HORROR SOUNDS: CLASSIC 1993 HALLOWEEN SPOOKY HAUNTED HOUSE SOUND EFFECTS US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Alkaline Trio "Halloween" 7" Autographed OOP Lawrence Arms Rise Against /3000 US $199.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
DEAD walking counter DISPLAY stand up standee standup zombie MAN CAVE Halloween US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
LOT 3 CD MUSIC DVD VIDEO HALLOWEEN HOLIDAY SPOOKY SONGS SOUND PARTY STROBE LIGHT US $0.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Witches, Monsters & Ghosts Horrifying Music Howling Sound Effects CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
V/A GHOULS NIGHT OUT VOL 1 LP SEALED VINYL ROCKABILLY SURF HALLOWEEN US $33.33 Buy It Now 4h 36m
GHOSTBUSTERS * Vinyl Record Album * 1984 Soundtrack * NEAR MINT ** Halloween US $15.95 [1 bids]
4 HALLOWEEN LPS/ DROP DEAD + HAUNTED MANSION + DARK SHADOWS + HAUNTED HOUSE / NM US $24.99 [1 bids]
Lot of 10 Drew's Famous Halloween Party Music Scary Sound CDS and Kids Stories US $12.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Thrillers by Drew's Famous (CD, Sep-2001, Turn Up the Music) US $7.46 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Halloween With, Astarte, Lucifer, Beelzebub, The Devil, ! CD ASTAR (USA) US $6.66 [0 bids]
HALLMARK PRESENTS THE SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN - RARE STILL SEALED NEW CASSETTE TAPE US $59.95 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Halloween - Steamroller Mannheim New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $13.46 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Halloween Howls Fun & Scary Music by Andrew Gold CD 1996 GR8 SHAPE! FUN STUFF! US $3.99 [0 bids]
New Kids Halloween Party CD Scary Sound Effects Games Recipes Crafts Acivities US $2.95 Buy It Now 5h 41m
LOT OF 3 ALFRED HITCHCOCK & THE THREE DETECTIVES LPs German Press Halloween US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Haunted House Disneyland records/Halloween record/DQ1257 SHRINK/disney offer US $20.46 Buy It Now 5h 44m
HALLOWEEN II Original Soundtrack OST lp John Carpenter Alan Howarth Horror '81 US $19.99 [0 bids]
DJ's Choice: Kids Halloween Party Music - Hit Crew (CD) 2002 Turn Up The Music US $0.99 [0 bids]
Halloween: Monster Music - 70 Minutes of Bone Chilling Music (CD) 2006 BCI US $0.99 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN HORRORS Story & Sound Effect LP 1977 A&M Records VG++ Vinyl US $21.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Unknown Artist Halloween Special CD US $8.95 Buy It Now 6h
GROOVIE GOOLIES TV SHOW MONSTER halloween cartoon archies w/SHRINK '70 lp PROMO! US $99.00 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Elvira- 2 Big Pumpkins Third Man Records Jack White Halloween Purple Vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of The Haunted House 1964 Disneyland 1257 Halloween US $25.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Halloween - Haunted Sounds - 1994 Cassette - Brand New Sealed US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
GHOSTLY SOUNDS RECORD LP HALLOWEEN SEALED US $40.00 Buy It Now 6h 57m
DREW'S FAMOUS / HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC - FACTORY SEALED US $2.00 [0 bids]
JOHN ZACHERLE Monster Mash ORIGINAL Vinyl LP parkway P 7018 Horror HALLOWEEN US $30.00 [0 bids]
Frankie Stein (and his ghouls) Record (Ghoul Music) (Halloween) US $29.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HAPPY HALLOWEEN Custom Capitol Picture Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
THE BEATLES HAPPY HALLOWEEN Special Capitol Picture Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
THE BEATLES HAPPY HALLOWEEN Capitol Records Custom Picture Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
THE BEATLES HAPPY HALLOWEEN Special Capitol Picture Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
THE BEATLES HAPPY HALLOWEEN Custom Capitol Picture Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h
NEW Kids Halloween CD Scary Stories and Spooky Songs in Shrink Wrap Orig $9.99 US $2.45 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN SALE! Patrick Swayze Ghost Soundtrack CD US $8.00 [0 bids]
Shock Halloween Horror Nights 2013 New Haunted Prop Audio Sound FX CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 8h 21m
J ROBERT ELLIOTT Halloween Horrors THE SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN LP A&M US 1977 NM+ US $29.69 Buy It Now 8h 37m
VARIOUS**HALLOWEEN 2 (ORIGINAL ST)**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 9h 51m
HALLOWEEN 7" SOUNDTRACK ORANGE VINYL NUMBERED ?/500 JOHN CARPENTER RARE OST US $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Halloween Sing-Along: Favorite Songs & Spooky Sounds [Digipak] (CD, 3 Discs,... US $13.79 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Kidz Bop Halloween Hits - Kidz Bop US $9.03 Buy It Now 10h 40m
3 Halloween CD lot - New Wave, Elvira, Haunted Horror US $9.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Songs & Sounds by Disney (Cassette, 1997) Walt Disney US $2.00 [0 bids]
Pulsar Halloween PROG ROCK JAPAN CD MINI LP SLEEVE NEW US $37.99 Buy It Now 11h 22m
HALLOWEEN II OST by JOHN CARPENTER / ORIGINAL RELEASE VARESE SARABANDE LABEL US $50.00 Buy It Now 11h 30m
Fisher Price Little People Halloween Fun Sing Alongs from A to Z Lyrics Inside US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Fisher Price Little People Halloween Sing Along Music CD New Sealed Spooktacular US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 7m
WIGGLES - WIGGLY HALLOWEEN NEW CD US $12.37 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Misfits Badges X12 - Punk halloween horror crust rock US $11.92 Buy It Now 12h 27m
MERCYFUL FATE / KING DIAMOND "Happy Halloween Live" CD US $16.94 Buy It Now 12h 30m
KIDZ BOP KIDS - KIDZ BOP HALLOWEEN HITS NEW CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 13h 22m
HALLOWEEN'S GRAVEST HITS / VARIOUS NEW CD US $14.53 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Halloween Howls: Scary Sounds & Screams (Cassette) NM US $8.49 Buy It Now 13h 37m
HORRIBLE SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN. VINTAGE CASSETTE. OUT OF PRODUCTION. RARE. SCARY! US $8.95 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Lot of 5 Drew's Famous Halloween Party Music Spooky Sounds CDS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Collector's Edition 2 Cd's and DVD and Tin US $3.99 [0 bids]
Hollywood Haunts - Halloween Chiller Dance Party! CD US $13.42 Buy It Now 15h 6m
SONIC YOUTH Flower/Halloween 1986 Homestead Records 12" Test Pressing PUNK US $100.00 Buy It Now 16h 31m
Halloween Fright Night + Mannheim Steamroller 4 Discs Total VGC US $4.99 [0 bids]
Lionel Barrymore Halloween MGM Records Childrens Stories Album Old Classics Set US $49.99 [0 bids]
SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Wonderland Singers Spooky Halloween vinyl LP 1974 Golden Records US $1.00 [0 bids]
CASPER'S SPOOKIEST SONGS & SOUNDS: KIDS HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC & SOUND EFFECTS CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 17h 51m
Various Artists Halloween Party Hits CD US $5.56 Buy It Now 17h 53m
HOLLYWOOD SOUND EFFECTS OVER 100 CLASSIC TELEVISION, MOVIE & HALLOWEEN SOUND F/X US $12.95 Buy It Now 18h 2m
CD KIDS Sing'n HALLOWEEN HITS - Hip Kiddy Children Halloween Haunted Songs US $3.49 [0 bids]
Two CDs / Halloween Nightmare & Trick Or Treat CDs Halloween Sound Effects US $4.50 Buy It Now 18h 27m
American Greetings HALLOWEEN HOUSE PARTY: CLASSIC HITS & SPOOKY SOUND EFFECTS CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 30m
HALLOWEEN HOWLS SPOOKY SOUNDS CASSETTE TAPE SEALED BRAND NEW US $5.00 [0 bids]
Halloween "Howls" (Various Artists) US $0.95 [0 bids]
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER HALLOWEEN 2003 2 DISK CD SET K111 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Guns N Roses 2 LP Halloween On The Horizon AUST US $80.00 Buy It Now 19h 30m
2 HALLOWEEN SPOOKY SOUNDS AND TALES CDS US $4.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy HALLOWEEN music online Buy HALLOWEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HALLOWEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang ratings distribution

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang reviews

Review by Fishy
4 stars I don't know why but I happen to like the dark side of progressive rock. If you don't understand what I'm writing about you should check Halloween out. Especially on their first two albums the band is sounding very dark. Maybe the reason why it sounds the way it does is the violin of Jean-Phillippe Brun. He plays his violin on top of the static keyboards which are reminiscent to IQ. Splendid ! On "Laz" the band combines the Genesis/King Crimson influences with musical structures from jazz. For the recording of their third album Merlin, singer Geraldine Le Cocq joined Halloween. Till then the vocals were the weak point of the band. Not only for the terrible accent on the English songs, but also because the singing simply wasn't good enough. Geraldine has a voice of an angel. She gives the complex music the emotion that it needs. With her wonderful singing voice she can turn a frog into a prince. "House with no door" is a song from Van Der Graaf Generator, even in its original form it's a nice track but Geraldine makes it the best track I've ever heard. But let's face it, it must be impossible to do a good job in a band that uses English lyrics as well as French lyrics. Tracks from their first two albums benefit from the new voice. Tracks form "Merlin" are sounding better in the studio version which isn't a surprise as this kind of music usually sounds better when you hear them at home. "March" is the other new track on this live album which consists of tracks from their first three albums. It seems like a leftover from "Laz". On the whole these live sessions are enjoyable. Due to the difference between the several Halloween albums "Silence." has a lot of variation which is a good thing for keeping the listeners attention. This excellent band should never be forgotten.

Send comments to Fishy (BETA) | Report this review (#3345) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 11, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars Very very little that I know about this French band, Halloween. Yes, I have known and liked Helloween - the power metal band from Germany. But Halloween is totally different in music styles and genre and I love the music of Halloween. I have to thank my friend who introduced and sold this CD to me altogether with other album "Laz" which I will definitely review later. I thank him because it really broadens my knowledge about bands that I had never known before. I knew the name of this prog band but only recently that I spin the CD. I search the net to get to know about them but it's very minimum I could find it - so my review will focus only on the music the CD produces.

Also, thanks a lot to ProgArchives who has featured this excellent band on this site. That's what I like about ProgArchives .it's comprehensive and complete resources of progressive music in the world. One thing I like (as reviewer) about this site is the nature of reviewing which lets the reviewer to give his / her opinions freely about prog music with minimum rules. "The reviewer is the editor" that's exactly what I have been feeling about the way PA has adopted the approach and it does suit me perfectly! Well, in prog world, people are required to have an open mind, willingness to accept differing - and sometimes "contradicting" - opinions from people around the globe with different background and musical tastes. The open mindedness of prog people I usually term it as "progressive mind". People with a true progressive mind are those having open mind "and" prog attitudes. I was once a prog reviewer of THEN respected progressive site after I wrote many reviews at this ProgArchives. I wrote couple of reviews there and I did not know why - out of the blue - they then stopped the communication with me. Countless emails I sent to the Chief of the site with no reply from them. It's probably they thought that I was promoted as "Honorary Collaborator" at ProgArchives so that I should not be there in their team. But, they never talked to me openly. Later I knew that my name was dismantled from the site as their team, but my reviews were still posted there. Those people who run that THEN respected website are probably having progressive mind but NO progressive attitudes at all! And this is not good. It was years ago and I tend to forget the bad experience. I truly believe that people with no prog attitudes would not survive and they would turn to dust. And now I can see that ProgArchives has grown tremendously bigger and better than that site with no prog attitudes. I still can have the joy of writing prog reviews at this wonderfully crafted site. Long live ProgArchives! (Please bear in my mind, my prog friends, I have no such thing having any financial relationship or whatsoever with this site).

Wow! Why do I write the above long paragraph for this review? It's situational, my friends. It's because Halloween is not featured in many sites including the site where I was a reviewer before. The point I want to raise is that as prog head we should have progressive mind AND progressive attitudes. This is important and let's focus the discussion on Halloween ..

Violin-based Symphonic Prog

Yes, the band has been influenced by many prog legends like Genesis, King Crimson, Van der Graff or Gentle Giant .but ..one thing I love about Halloween is their own musical characteristics that differentiate themselves from any band. The use of violin extensively throughout the album is great example of how they compose the music. King Crimson's David Cross had never made his violin work dominate any album of King Crimson during his tenure with the band. Halloween's violin is basically like flute in Jethro Tull's albums. Have you ever found any Tull album without extensive use of flute? There was ..probably "A" album. But bear in mind, "A" was initially intended as Ian Anderson solo, not Tull's. Halloween music is probably comparable with After Crying in the way they use violin extensively. In addition, the use of French language with great accentuation has made the music powerful.

The album starts wonderfully with 'Conseil des démons' (4:30) through an ambient nuance with Geraldine vocal line. It then moves dynamically with powerful vocal accentuation of Geraldine in French that makes the vocal sounds truly powerful. Throughout the music flow, violin plays critical role in providing fills, augmented with keyboard / organ work that sometimes in Church organ style. Guitar is also quite dominant. At approx minute 3:27 the music changes the style nicely. It's a great opener. AT the end of the track there are people doing hand clapping .it's probably this album is a live record with excellent sound quality. The next "Le Procès" (8:00) starts off with male narration followed with another powerful female vocal line of Geraldine, backed with inventive violin and piano. Male vocal enters the music as well and it sounds like a dialogue in the music. The bass guitar also provides its tight work. I love the violin work here. In a way it reminds me to After Crying but it's not the same musically. In the middle of the track, there is a jazz rock tinge featuring violin as soloist plus a bit of bass guitar solo. Geraldine performs her acrobatic vocal line. She is a great prog vocalist!

"Waltz" (5:35) is a brilliant follow-up with Geraldine demonstrates his consistent singing style, but this time in English, and it still sounds powerful. At the end of the track there is stunning electric guitar solo, augmented with violin work. "Arthur contre Morgane" (5:55) brings the music energetically with keyboard and violin as the main instruments followed with guitar. The drumwork is also quite dynamics. Vocal only enters in the middle of the track. "Iron Mickey" (5:40) starts symphonic with music riffs using violin and other electric equipment. I love the violin solo performed in this track, followed with electric guitar solo. The album contains also the interpretation of VdGG "House with no Door" (4:15) that starts nicely with soft piano touch and nice vocal line. "Beginning" (6:25) is a great track with wonderful intro using combined piano work and violin followed nicely with violin solo. What I also enjoy is the mellow melodic song with great piano and vocal line at intro "What's in" (4:45). It flows nicely with catchy and memorable melody line supported by great singing of Geraldine. It's an accessible track and it's my favorite. As the music flows, there is also stunning guitar work in addition to violin.

Overall, this is truly an excellent symphonic progressive album with violin-based composition. The guitar solo portion is also quite extensive. I personally think this is a masterpiece work but I want to clear myself from the "halo effect" as I've just known the music recently. But for sure, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#185362) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post a review of HALLOWEEN "Silence...au dernier rang"