SILENCE...AU DERNIER RANG

Halloween

Halloween Silence...au dernier rang album cover

Buy HALLOWEEN Music
Live, released in 1998

1. Conseil des démons (4:30)
2. Le Procès (8:00)
3. Waltz (5:35)
4. Arthur contre Morgane (5:55)
5. Iron Mickey (5:40)
6. House with no Door (4:15)
7. Beginning (6:25)
8. Yule (6:00)
9. What's in (4:45)
10. March (10:00)
11. La Mort de Morgane (5:50)

Search HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang lyrics

- Philippe Di Faostinodi / drums, percussion
- Christophe Dagorn / bass
- Geraldine Le Cocq / vocals

Musea 1998

and to paulindigo for the last updates

HALLOWEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang Music

ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - HALLOWEEN. A ROB ZOMBIE FILM NEW CD 2007 ??? ? ??? ? ? ? ? US $15.88 Buy It Now 32m 48s
Heavy Halloween by Drew's Famous CD, 2000, Turn Up the Music US $15.00 Buy It Now 42m 41s
the music of john carpenter lp end christine fog halloween I II vinyl germany !! US $79.00 Buy It Now 42m 54s
Halloween R&B Rocker Tittyshaker 45 TONY & THE MONSTROSITIES Igor's Party HEAR US $72.99 [15 bids]
54m 17s
HAUNTED MANSION: EERIE HALLOWEEN SOUNDS & MUSIC FOR A SPOOKY HAUNTED HOUSE: 2009 US $9.95 Buy It Now 54m 43s
Instr Mod Tittyshaker Halloween 45 PASTEL SIX The Strange Ghost ZEN HEAR NM/VG++ US $17.50 [9 bids]
57m 8s
80s Early Industrial Dance 12" 45 MINISTRY Everyday(Is Halloween)WAX TRAX OO7 EX US $12.50 Buy It Now 57m 59s
FREAKY HORRIFIC HALLOWEEN SOUNDS TO MAKE YOU SHIVER - SKULL & BONES -EXCELLENT US $14.99 [0 bids]
1h
ELVIRA Presents HAUNTED HITS: CLASSIC HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC (1988, CD) RHINO/OOP US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
NIGHT ON BALD MOUNTAIN PASTORAL LP Album Record DISNEY Disneyland HALLOWEEN NM US $8.00 [0 bids]
Chuck Prophet - Castro Halloween b/w I Gotta Get Back to You 7" new orange vinyl US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
DEAD KENNEDYS - HALLOWEEN 7" / SF Cali HC hardcore Punk KBD US $9.99 [2 bids]
Scary SOUNDS TO MAKE YOU SHIVER Halloween DJ SOUND EFFECTS LP Frameable Jacket US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Hallmark-SPOOKY SOUNDS Halloween Cassette of Sound Effects & Music 1989 HTF US $12.00 [0 bids]
Torture Zone Scary Sounds to Terrorize HALLOWEEN CD Laserlight NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
HORRIBLE SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN: VINTAGE 80's HORROR SOUND EFFECTS ORANGE CASSETTE! US $10.00 [0 bids]
Vintage Halloween Cassette Tape: Chamber of Horrors US $10.00 [0 bids]
Hallmark HOWL-O-WEEN SOUNDS: VINTAGE HALLOWEEN CASSETTE OF SOUNDS US $9.00 [0 bids]
Fun World's THRILLER CHILLER SOUND EFFECTS HALLOWEEN CASSETTE: VINTAGE HORROR FX US $12.00 [0 bids]
Fright Night - Music That Goes Bump In The Night 1989 Cassette SEALED Halloween US $7.00 [0 bids]
4 Vintage Halloween Sound Effects Cassette Tapes SHIVERS HORRORS VOICES SCREAMS US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 41m
HALLOWEEN ROCKS CLASSIC RARE POLYGRAM HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC ALL ORIGINAL ARTISTS US $7.00 [0 bids]
CASSETTE TAPE DREWS FAMOUS HALLOWEEN HOUSE PARTY MUSIC US $12.00 [0 bids]
Tales From Beyond Halloween's Greatest Stories CD New and Factory Sealed US $10.79 Buy It Now 1h 53m
NEW Kids Halloween CD Scary Stories and Spooky Songs in Shrink Wrap Orig $9.99 US $2.49 [0 bids]
2h
CASPER GHOST HAUNTED HOUSE RECORD LP SEALED HALLOWEEN US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 12m
HALLOWEEN HOWLS-Party SOUND FX-Scary/SPOOKY-Sounds/HAUNTED HOUSE-Laughing-SCREAM US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 27m
One Nation rave flyer / flyers - The Halloween Ball 1994 Junior Tomlin MINT US $1.63 [0 bids]
MERCYFUL FATE / KING DIAMOND "Happy Halloween Live" CD RARE Brats Portrait Ghost US $11.50 [3 bids]
Monster Mash Party Songs for Kids CD Halloween (2011) US $1.99 [0 bids]
ESCAPE FROM L.A. Soundtracks Halloween Best of JOHN CARPENTER! 3 CDs US $17.00 [0 bids]
BOB DYLAN CD All Hallow's Eve & More Halloween 1964 NYC Broadside WBAI 1962 US $24.95 [0 bids]
Monster Mash Party Music by Various Artists (CD, Dec-2008, HALLOWEEN USED US $0.99 [1 bids]
Halloween Spooky Sound Effects CD - Twisted Edition US $2.99 [0 bids]
Elvira Presents 2 Cassette Tapes Monster Hits & Haunted Hits NEW Halloween US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Weird & Creepy Tales Shivers Halloween Thiller Chiller Spooky Stories Vampire US $2.99 [1 bids]
Halloween [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by John Carpenter (Film... US $24.00 [0 bids]
Halloween Soundtrack Mondo Orange Variant 2x lp Vinyl 45 RPM John Carpenter Rare US $49.00 [0 bids]
Horror / Halloween - "Psycho" Murder / Killing Scene Effects Audio CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
MINISTRY HALLOWEEN REMIX 12 INCH VINYL 922 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
RARE Halloween 4 motion picture soundtrack LP vinyl SEALED!!! US $229.95 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Halloween Disney Songs and Sounds Cassette Tape 1997 Mickey Mouse Sound Effects US $9.99 [0 bids]
CD 'Halloween' film soundtrack 2007 Rob Zombie US $0.99 [1 bids]
A Hornbook for Witches Vincent Price Caedmon LP Halloween '76 arkham leah drake! US $179.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Lawrence,Kristen - Broom With A View-From The Halloween Carols [CD New] US $16.11 Buy It Now 4h 16m
HAUNTED HORROR SOUNDS: CLASSIC 1993 HALLOWEEN SPOOKY HAUNTED HOUSE SOUND EFFECTS US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 23m
HALLOWEEN HORRORS Story & Sound Effect LP 1977 A&M Records VG++ Vinyl US $18.50 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Alkaline Trio "Halloween" 7" Autographed OOP Lawrence Arms Rise Against /3000 US $199.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m
CD Lot Mix Halloween Christmas Party Music Santana Greatest Hits English Spanish US $0.99 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN Music From Films of JOHN CARPENTER Soundtrack CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
V/A GHOULS NIGHT OUT VOL 1 LP SEALED VINYL ROCKABILLY SURF HALLOWEEN US $33.33 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Kids Mix Halloween By Various Artists (CD/2004) US $6.65 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Halloween Party - CD - 13 songs/sounds US $5.99 [0 bids]
Psycho (CD, Sep-2003, Direct Source) Case Damage [Halloween] US $1.49 [0 bids]
Halloween Party Monster Mix by Various Artists (CD, Jan-2013, Allegro) US $5.99 [0 bids]
5h
Super Freak Halloween Dance Party - 100% Original Artists & Recordings NIP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Thrillers by Drew's Famous (CD, Sep-2001, Turn Up the Music) US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Megadeth Halloween Party CD US $25.63 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Monster Mash - Children's Halloween Party US $6.99 [0 bids]
DEAD walking counter DISPLAY stand up standee standup zombie MAN CAVE Halloween US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Various Artists : Halloween Party CD (1998) US $7.92 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Halloween - Steamroller Mannheim New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $13.92 Buy It Now 5h 30m
HALLOWEEN WITH RICHARD NIXON--THE NIXORCIST--1974 PROMO 45--REALLL SPOOKY!!! US $14.99 [0 bids]
John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - Halloween III Soundtrack 2012 Orange Vinyl LP US $19.55 [10 bids]
MISFITS Plan 9 CD FIRST PRESSING 1986 RARE HTF OOP GLEN DANZIG SAMHAIN HALLOWEEN US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Unknown Artist Halloween Special CD US $8.95 Buy It Now 6h 14m
SONIC YOUTH Flower/Halloween 1986 12" Blast First BFFP 3 US $18.00 [0 bids]
GROOVIE GOOLIES TV SHOW MONSTER halloween cartoon archies w/SHRINK '70 lp PROMO! US $99.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
RARE ZOMBIE HALLOWEEN KILLER 45--ZOMBI--THE MONOTONES--1958 US $24.99 [0 bids]
THE SHINING SOUNDTRACK VINYL RECORD LP KUBRICK BARTOK PENDERECKI halloween US $99.00 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Mint Sonic Youth "Touch Me I'm Sick" / Mudhoney "Halloween" Import 45 RPM 12" US $6.95 [0 bids]
Drew's Famous Ultimate Halloween Party Music by Drew's Famous (CD, Jul-2002,... US $1.99 [0 bids]
Fright Night Terrifying Movie Themes & Chilling Sounds CD Set Halloween - New! US $0.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Howls Cd US $2.97 [0 bids]
Chilling Thrilling Sounds Of Haunted House LP 1973 Disneyland halloween US $7.99 [0 bids]
GHOSTLY SOUNDS RECORD LP HALLOWEEN SEALED US $40.00 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Halloween Horror [K-Tel] by Various Artists (CD, Feb-1997, K-Tel Distribution) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Horror Movie Themes by Drew's Famous (CD, Aug-1998, Turn Up the Music) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Shock Halloween Horror Nights 2013 New Haunted Prop Audio Sound FX CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 8h 35m
J ROBERT ELLIOTT Halloween Horrors THE SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN LP A&M US 1977 NM+ US $32.99 Buy It Now 8h 50m
HALLOWEEN HORRORSCAPES CD Sonic Realm SCARY Haunted House Music Sound Effects US $9.99 [0 bids]
1982 Japan I second that emotion and Halloween 45 rpm record Hansa England US $14.95 [0 bids]
VARIOUS**HALLOWEEN 2 (ORIGINAL ST)**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 10h 5m
Pulsar Halloween PROG ROCK JAPAN CD MINI LP SLEEVE NEW US $37.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
Elvira Presents: Monster Hits HALLOWEEN US $14.99 [0 bids]
Winter's Knight by Nox Arcana (CD, Aug-2005) Gothic Halloween US $9.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Sing-Along: Favorite Songs & Spooky Sounds [Digipak] (CD, 3 Discs,... US $13.79 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Kidz Bop Halloween Hits - Kidz Bop US $9.03 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Halloween "Lady Midnight " Promo 12" US $9.99 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN II OST by JOHN CARPENTER / ORIGINAL RELEASE VARESE SARABANDE LABEL US $50.00 Buy It Now 11h 44m
NEW Drew's Famous 113 Kids Halloween. Jokes and Stories. Includes Read along US $2.99 [0 bids]
Fisher Price Little People Halloween Fun Sing Alongs from A to Z Lyrics Inside US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 10m
Fisher Price Little People Halloween Sing Along Music CD New Sealed Spooktacular US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Halloween With, Astarte, Lucifer, Beelzebub, The Devil, ! CD ASTAR (USA) US $6.66 [0 bids]
Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, , US $12.09 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Misfits Badges X12 - Punk halloween horror crust rock US $10.31 Buy It Now 12h 41m
KIDZ BOP KIDS - KIDZ BOP HALLOWEEN HITS NEW CD US $16.64 Buy It Now 13h 26m
HALLOWEEN'S GRAVEST HITS / VARIOUS NEW CD US $14.79 Buy It Now 13h 38m
The Day After Halloween BRIAN MAY '80 CITADEL ORIG SOUNDTRACK LP MINT SEALED US $40.00 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Hollywood Haunts - Halloween Chiller Dance Party! CD US $13.42 Buy It Now 15h 20m

More places to buy HALLOWEEN music online Buy HALLOWEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HALLOWEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang ratings distribution

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang reviews

Review by Fishy
4 stars I don't know why but I happen to like the dark side of progressive rock. If you don't understand what I'm writing about you should check Halloween out. Especially on their first two albums the band is sounding very dark. Maybe the reason why it sounds the way it does is the violin of Jean-Phillippe Brun. He plays his violin on top of the static keyboards which are reminiscent to IQ. Splendid ! On "Laz" the band combines the Genesis/King Crimson influences with musical structures from jazz. For the recording of their third album Merlin, singer Geraldine Le Cocq joined Halloween. Till then the vocals were the weak point of the band. Not only for the terrible accent on the English songs, but also because the singing simply wasn't good enough. Geraldine has a voice of an angel. She gives the complex music the emotion that it needs. With her wonderful singing voice she can turn a frog into a prince. "House with no door" is a song from Van Der Graaf Generator, even in its original form it's a nice track but Geraldine makes it the best track I've ever heard. But let's face it, it must be impossible to do a good job in a band that uses English lyrics as well as French lyrics. Tracks from their first two albums benefit from the new voice. Tracks form "Merlin" are sounding better in the studio version which isn't a surprise as this kind of music usually sounds better when you hear them at home. "March" is the other new track on this live album which consists of tracks from their first three albums. It seems like a leftover from "Laz". On the whole these live sessions are enjoyable. Due to the difference between the several Halloween albums "Silence." has a lot of variation which is a good thing for keeping the listeners attention. This excellent band should never be forgotten.

Send comments to Fishy (BETA) | Report this review (#3345) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 11, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars Very very little that I know about this French band, Halloween. Yes, I have known and liked Helloween - the power metal band from Germany. But Halloween is totally different in music styles and genre and I love the music of Halloween. I have to thank my friend who introduced and sold this CD to me altogether with other album "Laz" which I will definitely review later. I thank him because it really broadens my knowledge about bands that I had never known before. I knew the name of this prog band but only recently that I spin the CD. I search the net to get to know about them but it's very minimum I could find it - so my review will focus only on the music the CD produces.

Also, thanks a lot to ProgArchives who has featured this excellent band on this site. That's what I like about ProgArchives .it's comprehensive and complete resources of progressive music in the world. One thing I like (as reviewer) about this site is the nature of reviewing which lets the reviewer to give his / her opinions freely about prog music with minimum rules. "The reviewer is the editor" that's exactly what I have been feeling about the way PA has adopted the approach and it does suit me perfectly! Well, in prog world, people are required to have an open mind, willingness to accept differing - and sometimes "contradicting" - opinions from people around the globe with different background and musical tastes. The open mindedness of prog people I usually term it as "progressive mind". People with a true progressive mind are those having open mind "and" prog attitudes. I was once a prog reviewer of THEN respected progressive site after I wrote many reviews at this ProgArchives. I wrote couple of reviews there and I did not know why - out of the blue - they then stopped the communication with me. Countless emails I sent to the Chief of the site with no reply from them. It's probably they thought that I was promoted as "Honorary Collaborator" at ProgArchives so that I should not be there in their team. But, they never talked to me openly. Later I knew that my name was dismantled from the site as their team, but my reviews were still posted there. Those people who run that THEN respected website are probably having progressive mind but NO progressive attitudes at all! And this is not good. It was years ago and I tend to forget the bad experience. I truly believe that people with no prog attitudes would not survive and they would turn to dust. And now I can see that ProgArchives has grown tremendously bigger and better than that site with no prog attitudes. I still can have the joy of writing prog reviews at this wonderfully crafted site. Long live ProgArchives! (Please bear in my mind, my prog friends, I have no such thing having any financial relationship or whatsoever with this site).

Wow! Why do I write the above long paragraph for this review? It's situational, my friends. It's because Halloween is not featured in many sites including the site where I was a reviewer before. The point I want to raise is that as prog head we should have progressive mind AND progressive attitudes. This is important and let's focus the discussion on Halloween ..

Violin-based Symphonic Prog

Yes, the band has been influenced by many prog legends like Genesis, King Crimson, Van der Graff or Gentle Giant .but ..one thing I love about Halloween is their own musical characteristics that differentiate themselves from any band. The use of violin extensively throughout the album is great example of how they compose the music. King Crimson's David Cross had never made his violin work dominate any album of King Crimson during his tenure with the band. Halloween's violin is basically like flute in Jethro Tull's albums. Have you ever found any Tull album without extensive use of flute? There was ..probably "A" album. But bear in mind, "A" was initially intended as Ian Anderson solo, not Tull's. Halloween music is probably comparable with After Crying in the way they use violin extensively. In addition, the use of French language with great accentuation has made the music powerful.

The album starts wonderfully with 'Conseil des démons' (4:30) through an ambient nuance with Geraldine vocal line. It then moves dynamically with powerful vocal accentuation of Geraldine in French that makes the vocal sounds truly powerful. Throughout the music flow, violin plays critical role in providing fills, augmented with keyboard / organ work that sometimes in Church organ style. Guitar is also quite dominant. At approx minute 3:27 the music changes the style nicely. It's a great opener. AT the end of the track there are people doing hand clapping .it's probably this album is a live record with excellent sound quality. The next "Le Procès" (8:00) starts off with male narration followed with another powerful female vocal line of Geraldine, backed with inventive violin and piano. Male vocal enters the music as well and it sounds like a dialogue in the music. The bass guitar also provides its tight work. I love the violin work here. In a way it reminds me to After Crying but it's not the same musically. In the middle of the track, there is a jazz rock tinge featuring violin as soloist plus a bit of bass guitar solo. Geraldine performs her acrobatic vocal line. She is a great prog vocalist!

"Waltz" (5:35) is a brilliant follow-up with Geraldine demonstrates his consistent singing style, but this time in English, and it still sounds powerful. At the end of the track there is stunning electric guitar solo, augmented with violin work. "Arthur contre Morgane" (5:55) brings the music energetically with keyboard and violin as the main instruments followed with guitar. The drumwork is also quite dynamics. Vocal only enters in the middle of the track. "Iron Mickey" (5:40) starts symphonic with music riffs using violin and other electric equipment. I love the violin solo performed in this track, followed with electric guitar solo. The album contains also the interpretation of VdGG "House with no Door" (4:15) that starts nicely with soft piano touch and nice vocal line. "Beginning" (6:25) is a great track with wonderful intro using combined piano work and violin followed nicely with violin solo. What I also enjoy is the mellow melodic song with great piano and vocal line at intro "What's in" (4:45). It flows nicely with catchy and memorable melody line supported by great singing of Geraldine. It's an accessible track and it's my favorite. As the music flows, there is also stunning guitar work in addition to violin.

Overall, this is truly an excellent symphonic progressive album with violin-based composition. The guitar solo portion is also quite extensive. I personally think this is a masterpiece work but I want to clear myself from the "halo effect" as I've just known the music recently. But for sure, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#185362) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post a review of HALLOWEEN "Silence...au dernier rang"