SILENCE...AU DERNIER RANG

Halloween

Halloween Silence...au dernier rang album cover

Buy HALLOWEEN Music
Live, released in 1998

1. Conseil des démons (4:30)
2. Le Procès (8:00)
3. Waltz (5:35)
4. Arthur contre Morgane (5:55)
5. Iron Mickey (5:40)
6. House with no Door (4:15)
7. Beginning (6:25)
8. Yule (6:00)
9. What's in (4:45)
10. March (10:00)
11. La Mort de Morgane (5:50)

Search HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang lyrics

- Philippe Di Faostinodi / drums, percussion
- Christophe Dagorn / bass
- Geraldine Le Cocq / vocals

Musea 1998

and to paulindigo for the last updates

HALLOWEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang Music

Don't Metal With EvilDon't Metal With Evil
Imports 2014
Vinyl$40.99
Halloween Horror Music CD Sound Effects NIP 60 Minutes Spooky Ghosts Scarey Fun! US $4.59 Buy It Now 36m 34s
HALLOWEEN 4 RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS OST ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CD ALAN HOWARTH US $25.00 [0 bids]
56m 6s
6 Audio cassette tapes - Holiday Music, five christmas albums plus one Halloween US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Scary Haunted Halloween Sounds Shrieks Music CD Growls Howls Screams Thunder NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
HEAR! Halloween Horror 45 JOHN ZACHERLE Dinner With Drac - Part 1 on Cameo US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
HAUNTED HOUSE-Night In The Graveyard-HALLOWEEN-Witches-GHOSTS-Bats-OWLS-Bones-Cd US $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Various Artists Halloween Party: Monster Madness CD US $3.25 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Various Artists Ultimate Halloween Party Music CD US $3.45 Buy It Now 1h 53m
HALLOWEEN - Victims Of The Night ['02] 86 1st PRESS (MOLTEN METAL USA) BRAND NEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Sonic Youth ?- Halloween / Flower EP LP 12" 1st pressing Homestead Records OOP US $8.00 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN HORRORS-Haunted House-PARTY SOUND EFFECTS(FX)SCREAMS-Laughing/SCARY-Cd US $10.29 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Chilling Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House Disney Halloween LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Halloween Horrors Sound Effects LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
JOHN ZACHERLEY Scary Tales lp Monster songs Halloween US $74.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Halloween Fright Night by 101 Strings Orchestra (CD, 2006, Madacy Special... US $2.00 [0 bids]
Chilling Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House Disney LP Halloween US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Orson Welles War of the Worlds LP Halloween Wells US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Halloween [2007 Original Soundtrack] [PA] by Original Soundtrack (CD, Aug-2007, US $1.99 [0 bids]
Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers * by Alan Howarth (CD, Oct-1995, VarŠse... US $22.95 Buy It Now 2h 50m
HITDISC HB200640 29TRX.2006 UNPLAYED ROCK PROMO CD+HALLOWEEN CD+AEROSMITH+U2 US $2.79 [0 bids]
HALLOWEEN CD--IN A WORLD LIFESTYLES-- STILL SEALED US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Halloween Party Music, Vol. 2 by Drew's Famous (CD, Turn Up the Music) US $2.99 [0 bids]
halloween monster music cd US $2.99 [0 bids]
halloween dance party music cd US $2.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Sounds Audio CD NEW Spooky, Haunted House, Scary Sounds US $4.25 [3 bids]
CD: Halloween Rock n Roll Party with Sha-Na-Na US $0.99 [0 bids]
Halloween Horrors [CD New] US $5.06 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Chamber of Horrors cassette tape voices sound music Spook Alley Halloween US $12.00 [0 bids]
FALLEN ANGELS (60'S) - THE GREAT SOCIETY SUCKS: HALLOWEEN 1968 * - NEW CD US $13.84 Buy It Now 4h 21m
CANADA 1970s QUEBEC ROCK 45 RPM ROBERT CHARLEBOIS : HALLOWEEN IN HOLLYWOOD + US $9.99 [0 bids]
1998 Halloween Party Music- CD - US $4.80 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Mannheim Steamroller - Halloween 2CD Set Music and Effects NIP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Various Halloween Sound Effects CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 5h 8m
The Hit Crew Halloween After Dark CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Halloween Big Screen Thrillers by DJ's Choice (CD, Jul-1999, Turn Up the Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Halloween, Raiders of Lost Ark, 13th warrior lot - 3 Rare, oop Soundtrack CDs US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Halloween by Roky Erickson (CD, Feb-2008, SteadyBoy Records) US $10.24 Buy It Now 6h 8m
Kidz Bop Kids Halloween CD US $3.74 Buy It Now 6h 29m
THESE GHOULISH THINGS: HALLOWEEN -VAR (CD) PICKETT DUPONTS REVELS FLAMES RILEY US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
SOUND EFX: HALLOWEEN SOUND EFFECTS - NEW CD US $10.80 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Winter's Knight by Nox Arcana (CD, Aug-2005) Gothic Halloween US $9.99 [0 bids]
113 Kids Halloween Jokes & Stories *NEW* Drew's Famous US $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 51m
KIDS' HALLOWEEN PARTY [COLUMBIA RIVER] [723721621551] - NEW CD US $3.91 Buy It Now 6h 59m
DISCO DRACULA Hot Blood LP RARE 1977 SEXY halloween WOW vinyl orig scarce album! US $54.00 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Alkaline Trio Halloween 7" Rare Signed by Band #2742/3000 US $150.00 [0 bids]
Drew's Famous Authentic Halloween Music by Drew's Famous (CD, May-2006, Turn Up US $3.95 [0 bids]
Don't Metal With Evil- Halloween, Import, Abandon, Humble Pie & Ichabod Krane US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 47m
OCCULT REINCARNATION HALLOWEEN RECORD LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 7h 48m
No One Gets Out- Halloween, NEW, Import, Abandon, Trama, Erebus US $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Disney: Halloween Songs & Sounds - V/A children kids CD US $2.49 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Mike Harding "Sound Effects Vol. 13 Death & Horror" LP Halloween Haunted Disney US $9.99 [0 bids]
Horror Fire- Halloween, NEW, m/o Damien, Abandon, Trama, Warrion US $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Michael Maraldo "The Sounds of Outerspace" LP Star Wars Halloween Disney Sci Fi US $9.99 [0 bids]
Terrortory- Halloween, NEW,Import, Damien, Abandon, Mourning Sun US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 57m
MIDNIGHT SYNDICATE 13TH HOUR CD GOTHIC HORROR MUSIC HALLOWEEN HAUNTED MANSION US $11.99 [0 bids]
Halloween After Dark by Grim Reaper Players (CD, Jul-2013, Columbia River Group) US $2.99 [0 bids]
House of Carnage Halloween Horror Nights 2013 New Haunted Prop Audio Sound FX CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 9h 25m
HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC CD "DREW'S FAMOUS" ALL NEW!!! US $6.85 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Halloween Howls by Various Artists (CD, Mar-2009, Infinity Entertainment... US $0.99 [0 bids]
ALKALINE TRIO - HALLOWEEN AT THE METRO THE SHOW MUST GO OFF DVD US $14.00 Buy It Now 10h 50m
Midnight Syndicate - Vampyre (CD, 2002, Entity) Vampire Halloween Gothic Dark US $11.19 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Midnight Syndicate - The 13th Hour (CD, 2005, Linfaldia) Halloween Gothic Dark US $10.39 Buy It Now 11h 33m
Horror / Halloween - "Psycho" Murder / Killing Scene Effects Audio CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Halloween Rocks US $3.00 Buy It Now 13h 27m
Sounds of Halloween (CD, Sep-1994, Madacy) US $3.77 [0 bids]
FISHER PRICE LITTLE PEOPLE - HALLOWEEN SING-ALONG 3CD SET US $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 25m
RUSS CONWAY GOLD RUSH/HALLOWEEN DB7143 RARE 7" VINYL RECORD VG 26 US $41.52 Buy It Now 15h 16m
HALLOWEEN CD - SOUNDS OF HALLOWEEN 30+ minutes US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
HAPPY HORROR HALLOWEEN [WANDA] (8202734100229) - NEW CD US $15.90 Buy It Now 16h 48m
'65 Halloween LP FRANKIE STEIN & HIS GHOULS MONSTER OOP rare orig spooky wow! US $129.00 Buy It Now 16h 52m
WALT DISNEY HALLOWEEN SONGS & SOUNDS New & Sealed CD Childrens Classic Music US $4.50 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Disney - Halloween Songs and Sounds CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS/FISH - LITTLE PEOPLE: HALLOWEEN SING-ALONG - NEW CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 18h 51m
HORROR ROCK CLASSICS ~ HALLOWEEN CLASSICS ~ RARE SHAPED PICTURE DISC RHINO 1983 US $29.99 Buy It Now 18h 58m
THE FOG: NEW EXPANDED 2-CD EDITION ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK! HALLOWEEN US $26.95 Buy It Now 19h 35m
HALLOWE'EN VOL. 1 + HALLOWEEN IN SPACE VINTAGE 1989 SOUND EFFECTS DOUBLE-PLAY CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 20h 16m
MONSTER "Every Day Is Halloween" CD (Eclipse) & 3 early demos extra material US $25.00 [0 bids]
Creep Show - Dr. Goodsound's Halloween (CD) NEW sounds Scary Music US $4.50 Buy It Now 20h 33m
Excelsior SOUNDS OF HORROR 2: RARE 1995 CLASSIC HALLOWEEN SOUND EFFECTS US $14.95 Buy It Now 20h 35m
SCREAMIN' HALLOWEEN SOUNDS: VINTAGE 1997 K-TEL HAUNTED HOUSE CD: OVER 73 MINUTES US $9.95 Buy It Now 20h 45m
HALLOWEEN HAVOC: OVER 60 MINUTES OF SCARY STORIES, SPOOKY MUSIC US $9.95 Buy It Now 20h 53m
HALLOWEEN HYSTERIA: VINTAGE K-TEL SCARY STORIES, SPOOKY MUSIC & SOUND EFFECTS CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 21h 5m
Halloween Songs & Sounds (Cassette, 1997 Walt Disney Records) NEW Free Shipping US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 33m
Drew's famous Halloween music US $25.00 [0 bids]
Drews famous halloween party music US $16.00 [0 bids]
MIDNIGHT FEVER ~ THE ULTIMATE HORROR PARTY ROCK MUSIC CD ~ HALLOWEEN MUSIC NEW! US $2.99 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Drews Halloween after dark music US $17.00 [0 bids]
The Best Of Halloween 50 SONGS Music MONSTER MASH Love Potion No.9 NEW 2 CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
, Audio CD, Halloween Howls US $6.27 Buy It Now 22h 6m
DJ's Choice More Halloween Party Music Various Artists MUSIC CD US $8.82 Buy It Now 22h 20m
Shivers MONSTER MADNESS: KIDS HALLOWEEN PARTY MUSIC & SOUNDS CD (1996) PETER PAN US $6.95 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Halloween Magic, New Music US $13.72 Buy It Now 22h 26m
Halloween Fright Night CD by 101 Strings & Night Of The Living Dead DVD  NEW US $6.00 Buy It Now 22h 39m
The 13th Hour Halloween CD US $12.96 Buy It Now 22h 51m
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD Various artists: Halloween Songs US $7.86 Buy It Now 23h 2m
Gramma's Boyfriend - The Human Eye [LP] (Colored Vinyl)-Andrew Bird/Halloween/SS US $21.85 Buy It Now 23h 21m
FRIGHT NIGHT SCARY SOUNDS Halloween CD 71 Minutes Of Spooky Sounds US $2.50 Buy It Now 23h 21m
GARAGE BAND HALLOWEEN / VARIOUS NEW CD US $11.01 Buy It Now 23h 23m
THE WIGGLES - WIGGLY HALLOWEEN * - NEW CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 23h 24m
THE GHOST DOCTORS - SCARIEST HALLOWEEN HORROR MOVIE SONGS - NEW CD US $4.41 Buy It Now 23h 37m

More places to buy HALLOWEEN music online Buy HALLOWEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HALLOWEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang ratings distribution

HALLOWEEN Silence...au dernier rang reviews

Review by Fishy
4 stars I don't know why but I happen to like the dark side of progressive rock. If you don't understand what I'm writing about you should check Halloween out. Especially on their first two albums the band is sounding very dark. Maybe the reason why it sounds the way it does is the violin of Jean-Phillippe Brun. He plays his violin on top of the static keyboards which are reminiscent to IQ. Splendid ! On "Laz" the band combines the Genesis/King Crimson influences with musical structures from jazz. For the recording of their third album Merlin, singer Geraldine Le Cocq joined Halloween. Till then the vocals were the weak point of the band. Not only for the terrible accent on the English songs, but also because the singing simply wasn't good enough. Geraldine has a voice of an angel. She gives the complex music the emotion that it needs. With her wonderful singing voice she can turn a frog into a prince. "House with no door" is a song from Van Der Graaf Generator, even in its original form it's a nice track but Geraldine makes it the best track I've ever heard. But let's face it, it must be impossible to do a good job in a band that uses English lyrics as well as French lyrics. Tracks from their first two albums benefit from the new voice. Tracks form "Merlin" are sounding better in the studio version which isn't a surprise as this kind of music usually sounds better when you hear them at home. "March" is the other new track on this live album which consists of tracks from their first three albums. It seems like a leftover from "Laz". On the whole these live sessions are enjoyable. Due to the difference between the several Halloween albums "Silence." has a lot of variation which is a good thing for keeping the listeners attention. This excellent band should never be forgotten.

Send comments to Fishy (BETA) | Report this review (#3345) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 11, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars Very very little that I know about this French band, Halloween. Yes, I have known and liked Helloween - the power metal band from Germany. But Halloween is totally different in music styles and genre and I love the music of Halloween. I have to thank my friend who introduced and sold this CD to me altogether with other album "Laz" which I will definitely review later. I thank him because it really broadens my knowledge about bands that I had never known before. I knew the name of this prog band but only recently that I spin the CD. I search the net to get to know about them but it's very minimum I could find it - so my review will focus only on the music the CD produces.

Also, thanks a lot to ProgArchives who has featured this excellent band on this site. That's what I like about ProgArchives .it's comprehensive and complete resources of progressive music in the world. One thing I like (as reviewer) about this site is the nature of reviewing which lets the reviewer to give his / her opinions freely about prog music with minimum rules. "The reviewer is the editor" that's exactly what I have been feeling about the way PA has adopted the approach and it does suit me perfectly! Well, in prog world, people are required to have an open mind, willingness to accept differing - and sometimes "contradicting" - opinions from people around the globe with different background and musical tastes. The open mindedness of prog people I usually term it as "progressive mind". People with a true progressive mind are those having open mind "and" prog attitudes. I was once a prog reviewer of THEN respected progressive site after I wrote many reviews at this ProgArchives. I wrote couple of reviews there and I did not know why - out of the blue - they then stopped the communication with me. Countless emails I sent to the Chief of the site with no reply from them. It's probably they thought that I was promoted as "Honorary Collaborator" at ProgArchives so that I should not be there in their team. But, they never talked to me openly. Later I knew that my name was dismantled from the site as their team, but my reviews were still posted there. Those people who run that THEN respected website are probably having progressive mind but NO progressive attitudes at all! And this is not good. It was years ago and I tend to forget the bad experience. I truly believe that people with no prog attitudes would not survive and they would turn to dust. And now I can see that ProgArchives has grown tremendously bigger and better than that site with no prog attitudes. I still can have the joy of writing prog reviews at this wonderfully crafted site. Long live ProgArchives! (Please bear in my mind, my prog friends, I have no such thing having any financial relationship or whatsoever with this site).

Wow! Why do I write the above long paragraph for this review? It's situational, my friends. It's because Halloween is not featured in many sites including the site where I was a reviewer before. The point I want to raise is that as prog head we should have progressive mind AND progressive attitudes. This is important and let's focus the discussion on Halloween ..

Violin-based Symphonic Prog

Yes, the band has been influenced by many prog legends like Genesis, King Crimson, Van der Graff or Gentle Giant .but ..one thing I love about Halloween is their own musical characteristics that differentiate themselves from any band. The use of violin extensively throughout the album is great example of how they compose the music. King Crimson's David Cross had never made his violin work dominate any album of King Crimson during his tenure with the band. Halloween's violin is basically like flute in Jethro Tull's albums. Have you ever found any Tull album without extensive use of flute? There was ..probably "A" album. But bear in mind, "A" was initially intended as Ian Anderson solo, not Tull's. Halloween music is probably comparable with After Crying in the way they use violin extensively. In addition, the use of French language with great accentuation has made the music powerful.

The album starts wonderfully with 'Conseil des démons' (4:30) through an ambient nuance with Geraldine vocal line. It then moves dynamically with powerful vocal accentuation of Geraldine in French that makes the vocal sounds truly powerful. Throughout the music flow, violin plays critical role in providing fills, augmented with keyboard / organ work that sometimes in Church organ style. Guitar is also quite dominant. At approx minute 3:27 the music changes the style nicely. It's a great opener. AT the end of the track there are people doing hand clapping .it's probably this album is a live record with excellent sound quality. The next "Le Procès" (8:00) starts off with male narration followed with another powerful female vocal line of Geraldine, backed with inventive violin and piano. Male vocal enters the music as well and it sounds like a dialogue in the music. The bass guitar also provides its tight work. I love the violin work here. In a way it reminds me to After Crying but it's not the same musically. In the middle of the track, there is a jazz rock tinge featuring violin as soloist plus a bit of bass guitar solo. Geraldine performs her acrobatic vocal line. She is a great prog vocalist!

"Waltz" (5:35) is a brilliant follow-up with Geraldine demonstrates his consistent singing style, but this time in English, and it still sounds powerful. At the end of the track there is stunning electric guitar solo, augmented with violin work. "Arthur contre Morgane" (5:55) brings the music energetically with keyboard and violin as the main instruments followed with guitar. The drumwork is also quite dynamics. Vocal only enters in the middle of the track. "Iron Mickey" (5:40) starts symphonic with music riffs using violin and other electric equipment. I love the violin solo performed in this track, followed with electric guitar solo. The album contains also the interpretation of VdGG "House with no Door" (4:15) that starts nicely with soft piano touch and nice vocal line. "Beginning" (6:25) is a great track with wonderful intro using combined piano work and violin followed nicely with violin solo. What I also enjoy is the mellow melodic song with great piano and vocal line at intro "What's in" (4:45). It flows nicely with catchy and memorable melody line supported by great singing of Geraldine. It's an accessible track and it's my favorite. As the music flows, there is also stunning guitar work in addition to violin.

Overall, this is truly an excellent symphonic progressive album with violin-based composition. The guitar solo portion is also quite extensive. I personally think this is a masterpiece work but I want to clear myself from the "halo effect" as I've just known the music recently. But for sure, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#185362) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post a review of HALLOWEEN "Silence...au dernier rang"