HANDS

Buy HANDS Music
Studio Album, released in 1996

1. Zombieroch (4:19)
2. Prelude #2 (1:35)
3. Triangle of New Flight (6:50)
4. Mutineer's Panorama (3:12)
5. Worlds Apart (4:08)
6. Dreamsearch (9:49)
7. Left Behind (6:02)
8. Mindgrind (5:40)
9. Greansoap (2:27)
10. I Want One of Those (3:16)
11. Antarctica (10:32)
12. The Tiburon Treasure (2:25)
Bonus Tracks:
13. Hands in the Fire (7:16)
14. Castle Keep (3:36)

- Ernie Myers / guitar, mandolin, vocals
- Michael Clay / keyboards, guitar, tuned percussion
- Paul Bunker / viola, violin, vitar, quatro, guitar
- Skip Durbin / woodwinds
- Steve Parker / bass, guitar, vocals
- John Rousseau / drums, percussion

With:
- Gary Stone / vocals (8,11)
- Tom Reed / vocals (13)
- David Carlisle / bass
- John Fiveash / drums, percussion
- Martin McCall / drums, percussion

Recorded 1977, 1978, 1980

Artwork: "Habit de Musicien" by Nicolas de Larmessin (1638-1694)

CD Shroom Productions ‎- SP-96001 (1996, US)
CD Shroom Productions ‎- SP-96001 (2002, US) Remastered
CD Shroom Productions ‎- SP-96001 (2017, US)

and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy HANDS Hands Music

DIDAFLO RACHEL'S SUFFERING AT THE HANDS OF THE SENTINELS NEW VINYL USD $26.08 Buy It Now
45-promo george jones these hands b/w same joe-wes 1982 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Beetle Beat featuring I Want To Hold Your Hand/The Buggs USD $4.99 Buy It Now
Phil Collins Rare Authentic Hand Signed Hello I must be going Vinyl LP Record USD $123.20 Buy It Now
SAMMI SMITH - Help Me Make It Through The Night (1970 Mega) "With Pen In Hand" USD $9.99 Buy It Now
LINDA PLOWMAN GRAND OLE OPRY QUEEN/WITH PEN IN HAND DOMINO103 M- SIGNED SLEEVE USD $9.99 Buy It Now
<> MIDGE URE-- PURE- CD hand signed to"Kerry Midge Ure " USD $15.00 [0 bids]
BRAND NEW IN HAND FACTORY SEALED RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS The Getaway 2 LP RHCP USD $24.95 Buy It Now
45 Herman's Hermits I'm Into Something Good & Your Hand In Mine USD $24.79 Buy It Now
JOE DEE & TOP HANDS: Honky Tonk Guitar / Blind Heart 45 (instro, xol) Oldies USD $25.00 Buy It Now
(K931) The Herbaliser, Clap Your Hands - DJ CD USD $2.47 Buy It Now
(DZ798) Jono McCleery, Fire In My Hands - 2013 DJ CD USD $2.52 Buy It Now
McKinley Mitchell A Bit of Soul / Hand Full of Sorrows 1963 45rpm USD $10.99 Buy It Now
Kylie Minogue - Golden Limited Edition Cassette - Signed (Rare) 1/1000 IN HAND USD $133.02 Buy It Now
Nyctophobic - Live, Merksplas (B) 2.4.95 HAND NUMBERED #343 German grindcore USD $5.95 Buy It Now
VANDERPARK All Your Hands CD NEW 2005 Funky Melodic Rock from Canada USD $2.95 Buy It Now
(GG367) Azu, Hands - 2014 DJ CD USD $2.52 Buy It Now
Crash Test Dummies Rare Advance CD "Give Yourself A Hand" PROMO! Offers acc USD $6.99 Buy It Now
(GD985) Hawk, Clock Hands - 2015 DJ CD USD $2.52 Buy It Now
STARS - HEART Translucent Blue Vinyl LP In Hand Limited to 500 Copies SEALED USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Burning Season - The Haze of Infatuation (CD, 2005, Hand of Hope Record) USD $7.58 Buy It Now
ram jam black betty keep your hand on the wheel 7" 45 rpm USD $10.95 Buy It Now
BOBBY BLAND 45: You Got Me / Loan a Helping Hand - DUKE (1958 pressing - VG+)) USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Commander Cody : Hot Rod Lincoln / My Home In My Hand / 45 Rpm / 1972 USD $13.50 Buy It Now
Stuart Hamm Rare Hand Signed Vinyl Record Kings Of Sleep Bass Guitar Legend Stu USD $124.99 Buy It Now
Hold an Old Friend's Hand by Tiffany (Cassette, Nov-1988, MCA) USD $2.25 [0 bids]
AL MARTINO "SAUSALITO / TAKE MY HAND FOR A WHILE" 45 USD $2.00 Buy It Now
Blood On Our Hands - Red vinyl Death From Above 1979 UK 7" vinyl single record USD $12.67 Buy It Now
Ike Reiko RSD Vinyl LP You, Baby - Sealed New 2017 In Hand #537 USD $89.99 Buy It Now
78 Velours - This Could Be The Night / Hands Across The Table Ex!! USD $40.00 Buy It Now
(GE481) Tamaryn, Hands All Over Me - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.79 Buy It Now
HARTMANN - HANDS ON THE WHEEL (VINYL) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $30.50 Buy It Now
ANTHRAX - Worship Music Hands T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY USD $21.65 Buy It Now
The Rake's Progress - Salvation - Hand Numbered NEW 7 Inch CLEAR Vinyl Record USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Louvenia Bazemore 45 Never Has Left Me Alone bw Precious Lord, Take My Hand VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now
AL MARTINO Sausalito / Take My Hand For A While 45 - Promo A Label USD $9.35 Buy It Now
1957 Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands) / Handed Down 7" 45 USD $4.71 Buy It Now
RARE PROMO Hurricane Chris CD single The Hand Clap BIG POPPA of Ratchet City rap USD $5.00 Buy It Now
DIRE STRAITS - CALLING ELVIS / IRON HAND - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV 1991 USD $5.70 Buy It Now
Pages And The Out Of Hand Band : Hip Hop N Roll [Explicit] CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Show Of Hands - Arrogance Ignorance & Greed (CD Used Like New) USD $13.56 Buy It Now
HEAR Chuck Jackson Since I Don't Have You/Hand It Over Wand W169 NORTHERN SOUL USD $13.50 Buy It Now
JOHN SCOFIELD - Time On My Hands - CD - Like New! USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Spirit Family Reunion - Hands Together [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $11.95 Buy It Now
Vintage 45 RPM The Guess Who Hand Me Down World 74-0367 USD $4.99 Buy It Now
LEFT HAND SOLUTION Fevered CD USD $3.66 Buy It Now
Jay Z Do It Again Put Your Hands Up 12", rap hip hop, Roc-A-Fella USD $6.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles I Want To Hold Your Hand Capitol 5112 7" 45 Single w/PS NM/NM 1994 USD $35.00 Buy It Now
X-Press 2 Raise Your Hands, the Greatest Hits U.S. 2 cd sealed USD $6.95 Buy It Now
Soundgarden Burden in My Hand Japan CD Single in 1996 Factory Sealed Copy New USD $39.99 Buy It Now
HI-LO'S: On Hand LP (Mono, tags/rubber stamp/woc) Vocalists USD $12.00 Buy It Now
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (CD, Jun-2005) USD $0.99 Buy It Now
The Rich Hands- Out of My Head- new/unplayed cassette tape- Burger #695 USD $6.50 Buy It Now
THE HEAVY~~WHAT MAKES A GOOD MAN? b/w IN YOUR HANDS 45 RPM Alternative Funk USD $7.99 Buy It Now
EDDY ARNOLD Hand Holdin' Songs LP VINYL USA Rca 1990 16 Track Unopened In USD $8.22 Buy It Now
PABLO CRUISE Out Of Our Hands LP VINYL USA A&M 1983 9 Track Still Sealed Small USD $8.22 Buy It Now
BEAR HANDS Distraction LP VINYL Europe Warner 2014 12 Track With Download USD $18.86 Buy It Now
MISHKA SHUBALY Cowards Path LP VINYL Europe Invisible Hands 2015 12 Track With USD $20.38 Buy It Now
HAND Little Heartaches LP VINYL Europe (Gpl023) USD $21.90 Buy It Now
HAND HABITS Wildly Idle (Humble Before The Void) LP VINYL USA Woodsist 2017 13 USD $32.55 Buy It Now
THIS IS WAR Various Artists LP VINYL UK Radical 10 Track Hand Written White USD $3.98 Buy It Now
GARY MORRIS Second Hand Heart LP VINYL Germany Warner Bros 1986 14 Track But USD $5.31 Buy It Now
Reiki Hands With Jaya USD $22.32 Buy It Now
SPAWN (INDIE) Harakiri For Beginners LP VINYL UK Hamster 9 Track Hand Written USD $6.32 Buy It Now
GARY MORRIS Second Hand Heart LP VINYL Germany Warner Bros 1986 14 Track In USD $6.32 Buy It Now
Jose Gonzalez - Hand on Your Heart 4 Track CD Single USD $4.33 Buy It Now
VERNON GARRETT If I Could Turn Back Hands Of Time 1966 soul 45 on Modern HEAR USD $12.00 [2 bids]
SENSES FAIL:Bloody Hand:Ladies/Girls Shirt NEW:Size 10 USD $21.65 Buy It Now
THREE NIPPLES HER HAND ???????????? RETURN OF OPERATION SUNFLOWER Japan CD NEW USD $12.99 Buy It Now
AMERICAN RAM JAM BAND Keep Your Hands On The Wheel 7" VINYL UK Epic 1977 USD $3.98 Buy It Now
TRADITION Love Mechanics 7" VINYL UK Creole 1987 B/W Give A Helping Hand (Rno77) USD $6.32 Buy It Now
VIKKI CARR With Pen In Hand 7" VINYL UK Liberty 1968 Large Centre Label Design USD $5.31 Buy It Now
ROXANNE GOLDADE Mama Take My Hand 7" VINYL USA Westmount B/W Wedding Blessings USD $2.66 Buy It Now
NIGEL OLSSON Only One Woman 7" VINYL UK Rocket 1974 A On Right Hand Of Label USD $3.98 Buy It Now
BEATINGS Jailhouse 7" VINYL UK Fantastic Plastic 2002 Hand Numbered USD $3.98 Buy It Now
CLIQUE (60'S US GROUP) I'll Hold Out My Hand 7" VINYL USA White Whale B/W Soul USD $6.32 Buy It Now
BOSTON POPS ORCHESTRA I Want To Hold Your Hand 7" VINYL UK Rca Victor 1964 USD $6.32 Buy It Now
KENNY BALL AND HIS JAZZ MEN Acapulco 1922 7" VINYL UK Pye 1963 B/W Hand Me D USD $3.98 Buy It Now
DES O'CONNOR Careless Hands 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice Reissue B/W I Pretend USD $3.98 Buy It Now
MARMALADE Rainbow 7" VINYL UK Decca 1970 Biem In Box On Left Hand Side Of Label USD $3.98 Buy It Now
OLIVER ST JOHN Give Me Your Hand 7" VINYL UK Quiet 1979 White Vinyl B/W First USD $5.31 Buy It Now
SHRIEKBACK Hand On My Heart 7" VINYL UK Arista 1984 B/W Nerve (Shrk1) Pic Sleeve USD $2.65 Buy It Now
ALISON MOYET Ordinary Girl 7" VINYL UK Cbs 1987 B/W Palm Of Your Hand (Moyet3) USD $1.33 Buy It Now
SPEEDY KEEN Bad Boys 7" VINYL UK Island 1975 Promo B/W Cold Hand Warm Gun USD $6.32 Buy It Now
SLADE My Oh My 7" VINYL UK Rca 1983 2 Track B/W Keep Your Hand Off My Power USD $3.99 Buy It Now
THOMPSON TWINS Lay Your Hands On Me 7" VINYL UK Arista 1984 B/W Lewis Carol USD $1.33 Buy It Now
AMERICAN RAM JAM BAND Keep Your Hands On The Wheel 7" VINYL UK Epic 1977 Promo USD $3.98 Buy It Now
RUPERT HOLMES I Don't Want To Hold Your Hand 7" VINYL UK Epic 1975 B/W The Man USD $3.98 Buy It Now
ROCKY SHARPE AND THE REPLAYS Clap Your Hands 7" VINYL UK Rak 1982 Solid Centre USD $3.98 Buy It Now
ELTON JOHN Sacrifice 7" VINYL UK Rocket 1989 B/W Healing Hands (Ejs22) Pic USD $3.98 Buy It Now
WALK ON FIRE Crime Of Loving You 7" VINYL UK Mca 1990 B/W Hands Of Time USD $5.32 Buy It Now
HITCHERS Killed It With My Bare Hands 7" VINYL UK Murgatroid 1997 (Murvin101) USD $6.32 Buy It Now
DOROTHY MOORE With Pen In Hand 7" VINYL UK Epic 1977 Promo B/w Daddy's Eyes USD $5.31 Buy It Now
D MOB Put Your Hands Together 7" VINYL UK Ffrr 1989 B/W Rhythm From Within USD $1.33 Buy It Now
COLD HAND BAND Tropicana 7" VINYL UK Djm 1983 Reissue B/W Instrumental (Djs2) USD $2.66 Buy It Now
AUTOMATIC HEAD DETONATOR Road Kill 7" VINYL UK 1993 Hand Made Sleeve (Bm002) USD $6.32 Buy It Now
ANDREAS VOLLENWEIDER Flight Feet And Root Hands 7" VINYL UK Cbs 1984 Edited USD $3.98 Buy It Now
OTTAWAN Hands Up 7" VINYL Spain Carrere 1981 B/W Instrumental (Car0021) Pic USD $3.98 Buy It Now
MAXI PRIEST Goodbye To Love Again 7" VINYL UK Ten 1988 Hand Written White Label USD $5.31 Buy It Now
ZENO Delilah 7" VINYL UK Stephan B/w Hands Off Thats Mine (ksr707) Promoter's USD $3.98 Buy It Now

More places to buy HANDS music online Buy HANDS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

HANDS Hands ratings distribution

HANDS Hands reviews

Review by Greger
5 stars This is Shroom Productions best release so far. HANDS were an American band, founded by members from PRISM, who were active between 1977 and 1980. They never released an album back then, but this CD is put together with material from that period. The sound quality is overall very good with a few exceptions. - Their music is a mix between medieval music and progressive rock, mostly instrumental. HANDS have strong compositions and intriguing arrangements and they're reminiscent to GENTLE GIANT, JETHRO TULL, KING CRIMSON, MIRTHRANDIR, PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI, and YES. I really like their wide range of musical instruments such as flutes, saxes, oboe, clarinet, various other woodwinds, keyboards, percussion, bass, guitars, drums, trombone, mandolin, viola, violin, vitar, quatro, piano, tubular bells and tuned percussion. - The highlights are the opening Jethro Tull-ish "Zombieroch", "Mutineer's Panorama" with nice Mellotron playing, "Worlds Apart", "Dreamsearch", "Mindgrind" and the epic masterpiece "Antarctica". - This is a forthcoming classic in progressive rock, and the fact that the disc is over 70-minutes long with a 20-page booklet containing pictures, loads of information and a band history, makes it even more valuable. This is an American masterpiece together with MIRTHRANDIR "For You The Old Woman" (1976) etc. Highly recommended and a must have!
Review by loserboy
4 stars HANDS were a US band from the late 70's (Texas) who managed to record a real charmer with their debut release. For this progressive rock fan, this album is simply indispensable and a real cornerstone in the US Prog genre. As with so many of the US prog acts their music is complex and ever changing revealing elements of GENTLE GIANT, GENESIS, ECHOLYN, JETHRO TULL and even early KANSAS. Instrumentally these lads really shine with tons of exquisite keyboard , bass, drum and guitar work. Other instruments include viola, violin, cello, vitar, quarto, woodwinds and mandolin. Musically HANDS encompass all these instruments to create a vast wall of sounds and tones with a wild mix of symphonic and rock forms. The overall results is a nicely varied album with some wonderfully memorable songs which one can not grow tired of listening to.
Review by Steve Hegede
4 stars It's pretty sad when you read about how these 70s prog bands spent countless hours composing, practicing, and promoting their music only to find indifference from the general public. This was the case with the Texan band HANDS. The band, made-up of gifted musicians from the same small town, recorded some excellent prog between 1977-1980 only to have to give up because of lack of interest. Their music was inspired mostly by GENTLE GIANT (they got to open for them once!), but I'm sure the other major prog bands were also influences. Each song's multiple sections feature different styles that range from guitar-led riffing, to baroque, to dissonant-prog-funk, to gentle flute/mellotron interludes(which sound very Swedish!). The weakest part for me here are the vocals which sound a bit like John WETTON. But they are far from being mediocre, it's just that WETTON isn't one of my favorite vocalists. This CD is a must for fans of bands like CATHEDRAL, MIRTHRANDIR, and anyone exploring the seventies American prog-scene.
Review by NJprogfan
4 stars Grab a pot, throw in a load of Gentle Giant, some Camel, a smidgen of Kansas, Jehtro Tull, Happy The Man and King Crimson, add a pinch of Italian symph and you have a stew called Hands. And what a stew it is. These guys from good-ole Texas USA are some incredible players. Every instrument under the sun is played and played with professionalism. Starting out with the track "Zombieroch" a Gentle Giant-like instrumental, you'd swear it was cut from the 'Octopus' lp, it's that good. Most songs are instrumental, especially in the beginning. Of the songs with vocals, "Antartica" is my favorite. In fact, it's the only song that doesn't sound like any other band. And that's the only reason why I give this album four stars over five. It's fine to be able to sound like other bands. But for my money, originality merits masterpiece ratings. The track, "Dreamsearch" is a case in point. Starting out with an incredible take on classic Italian symphonic prog, four minutes in it switches gears into a blazing Gentle Giant boogie to then settle back into the Italian prog sound masterly. Yet, if you played the track not knowing who it was, you wouldn't think, "Oh, that's that band Hands." Come to think of it, the name of the band is rather the point. They dip there hands in all sorts of bands. Maybe they should have been called, 'Chameleon'. I'm not knocking the playing, which is awesome. But derivative, my name is Hands. Still, when compared to other US bands from that era, Hands are tight, talented professional players who, if given time, money and started out earlier could have been THEE best prog band ever from these shores.
Review by Cesar Inca
5 stars This CD compiles a lot of material recorded by Hands in the late 70s. And what is Hands? It is one of the best kept secrets of USA's prog, and let me tell you that it is so unfair that they had to be so secret back in those days (other exceptional injustices that immediately come to my mind are the legendary Happy the Man and the still more obscure However, but now let's focus on this particular band). All tracks comprised in this CD are demos, but many of them really display a good sound quality, and that is particularly relevant for thsi band since the musicians involved were not shy about the use of a varied array of saxes, woodwind and keyboards in each and every track, together with the guitar, bass and drum kit, plus the violin/viola, which elaborates dialogues with the guitar, wind and keyboard alternatingly when not playing a good solo spot. Yes, Hands was as meticulous with the musical arrangements of their material as they were abundant as a line-up (6 or 7 members, depending on the era). Actually, Hands got a recording contract by the time they started recording these demos, but the final process never got to its fruition, and until the band's reunion in the late 90s, this "Hands" CD was the only item available for prog collectors everywhere. This band sure got influenced by their contemporary compatriots of HTM; other influences easy to notice are Gentle Giant, the melodic side of the Canterbury trend (Hatfield & the North, Caravan), the jazzy side of Zappa, PFM, "Songs from the Wood"-era Jethro Tull, Yes. You can even tell there are some Kansas hints for their rockier moments, especially the album's last two tracks. However, these guys were no dilettantes but serious performers/writers who managed to create their own prog voice through their unhidden influences. The instrumental arsenal they used and the controlled way in which the musician integrated their integral performances made their music sound very orchestral, which allowed them to enhance the symphonic side of their musical offer. 'Zombieroch' kicks off thsi album with an undeniable hook, yet bearign enough complexity as to fill the prog mold: mentally picture a mixture of "Free Hand"-era and first album-HTM and you can have a good notion of what this excellent instrumental is about. The same irresistible magic will be repeated in track 3 'Triangle of New Flight'. As a constrast, tracks 2, 4 and 5 step convincingly into the realms of serenity nd introspection, with 'Prelude No. 2' displaying a clear homage to Baroque and the other two tracks built on the melancholic side of jazzy prog (I find 'Mutineer's Panorama' breathtakingly beautiful, powerful despite its patent eerie softness). Later on, 'The Tiburon Treasure' brings another example of genius solemnity with its acoustic guitar-based bucolic aura. 'Mindgrind' is yet another HTM-related adventure albeit with an extra dose of energetic rock. The short tracks 'Greansoap' and 'I Want One of These' bring Celtic and madrigal moods, respectively, in a very polished fashion - pure finesse at writing and performing, this is what Hands is all about at the end of the day. The epic pieces are solid occasions for the band to show how skilled the individuals are and how well-oiled is the team they form: the sense of structure of symphonic prog and the dynamics of jazz-oriented art rock create a solid basis for the togetherness of the various motifs comprised in each epic. 'Dreamsearhc', 'Left Behind' and 'Anctartica' era really awesome, with the latter including some spacey nuances that providing a surprising variation for Hands' usual modus operandi. Since this album is a collection, the repertoire does not get to complety fulfill a sense of consistency, but it is definitely a masterful catalogue of excellent prog music. Hands is a band that should be included in any decent prog collection - the place to start is this particular album.
3 stars I was wondering why this clocked in at 60 minutes when it was released in 1977. Well apparently these are well recorded demos the band had put together and they were compiled for this release. Unfortunately these Texans (like a lot of American Prog bands in the seventies) had a hard time being accepted and taken seriously by both the music indusrty and music fans. The music sounds to me like a cross between GENTLE GIANT, KANSAS and KING CRIMSON's first album. I really have mixed feeling for this recording and therefore 3 stars for me is the right rating.

"Zombieroch" has an uptempo symphonic intro with some chunky bass. It turns orchestral with strings then kicks back in. Nasty guitar after 2 minutes. An impressive instrumental display. "Prelude # 2" is a short piano and flute piece. "Triangle Of New Flight" is led by flute, gentle guitar and violin early. A change 1 1/2 minutes in as the guitar and a more powerful sound take over. Violin too. Synths with flute before 3 1/2 minutes then it picks up again. "Mutineers Panorama" has flute and a relaxed sound leading eventually and this soundscape will come and go. Mellotron too and this is the best song so far. "World's Apart" has vocals and is laid back. It picks up with keyboards when the vocals stop. They do come back again. "Dreamsearch" is acoustic guitar and flute led then the vocals come in after a minute. It's orchestral as well. It turns powerful after 3 minutes and the tempo picks up before 4 1/2 minutes. Some crazy synths too. It's orchestral after 8 minutes then the vocals end it.

"Left Behind" has strummed guitar and vocals as the piano joins in. It kicks in with prominant guitar 2 minutes in. Drums and flute too. It settles 3 1/2 minutes in with some nice bass and it's dark. "Mindgrind" hits the ground running. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in as it settles some. Chunky bass after 2 minutes and some ripping violin before 4 minutes. "Greansoap" features violin and a classical vibe. A Celtic flavour here too. "I Want One Of Those" is acoustic guitar and a laid back sound. Synths help out after 2 minutes. "Antarctica" has an epic intro then all we hear is the wind blowing before it kicks back in. Vocals follow. "The Tiburon Treasure" is a short beautiful song to end it with.

A mixed bag for me but well worth checking out as most seem to love it.

Post a review of HANDS "Hands"