SHUT UP 'N PLAY YER GUITAR SOME MORE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Frank Zappa Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More album cover

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression (3:52)
2. Gee, I like your pants (2:30)
3. Canarsie (5:55)
4. Ship ahoy (5:11)
5. The deathless horsie (6:10)
6. Shut up 'n play yer guitar some more (6:42)
7. Pink napkins (4:32)

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More lyrics

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More tabs

- Frank Zappa / lead guitar
+ Arthur Barrow / bass (1-2-5-6)
- Terry Bozzio / drums (4-7)
- Vinnie Colaiuta / drums (1-2-3-5-6)
- Warren Cucurullo / rhythm guitar(2-3-5-6)
- Roy Estrada / bass (4)
- Bob Harris / keyboards (1)
- Eddie Jobson / keyboards (7)
- Andre Lewis / keyboards (4)
- Ed Mann / percussion (2-5-6)
- Tommy Mars / keyboards (1-2-5-6)
- Patrick O'Hearn / bass (3-7)
- Steve Vai / rhythm guitar (1)
- Denny Walley / rhythm guitar (2-5-6)
- Ray White / rhythm guitar (1-7)
- Ike Willis / rhythm guitar (1-2-5-6)
- Peter Wolf / keyboards (2-5-6)

LP Barking Pumpkin BPR 1112

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

FRANK ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More Music

Uncle MeatUncle Meat
Joe's Garage Acts I II & IIIJoe's Garage Acts I II & III
Lumpy GravyLumpy Gravy
Zappa Records 2012
The Mothers Frank Zappa - Over-nite Sensation NEW CD US $16.57 Buy It Now 50m 19s
The Mothers Of Invention Freak Out Frank Zappa Verve Release 2LP Set NM US $85.00 Buy It Now 58m 37s
FRANK ZAPPA 1986 Ryko CD Apostrophe / Overnite Sensation RCD-40025 no barcode US $9.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - Orchestral Favorites Japan Mini LP Sleeve CD Limited Edition NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
FRANK ZAPPA I Don't Wanna Get Drafted Original US 45 w/ Picture Sleeve US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
FRANK ZAPPA lumpy gravy UK LP 1972 reissue MOTHERS OF INVENTION US $32.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
FRANK ZAPPA - CHUNGA'S REVENGE 2001 JAPAN MINI LP CD US $42.42 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Frank Zappa Dancin Fool / Baby Snakes Zappa Records Z-10 US $0.99 [1 bids]
Frank Zappa Mothers of Invention Fingers POSTER US $5.08 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention POSTER #2 US $5.08 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention POSTER #1 US $5.08 Buy It Now 2h 2m
THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION we're only USA LP 1967 insert UNCENSORED frank zappa US $85.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
FRANK ZAPPA - 7 DIFFERENT CD'S US $21.88 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa / Various Artists - Zapped - Bizarre - PRO 368 - USA - VG+/VG++ LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Frank Zappa - The Mothers Of Invention - Just Another Band From L.A - MS 2075 LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Frank Zappa - Waka / Jawaka - Reprise - MS 2094 - Canada - NM/NM LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Frank Zappa The Mothers Of Invention Over-Nite Sensation Discreet MS 2149 NM LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
FRANK ZAPPA - LP 24 Carat Gold Disc - SHEIK YERBOUTI US $220.67 Buy It Now 2h 18m
FRANK ZAPPA / JEAN-LUC PONTY -LUC - KING KONG NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Frank Zappa - Apostrophe 8 TRACK RARE ! Looks Really Nice US $8.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Return of the son Kill Ugly Radio 1996 USA CAREER SAMPLER PROMO CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
FRANK ZAPPA WILD MAN FISCHER AN EVENING WITH RARE '68 BIZARRE REPRISE NM 2 LP !! US $169.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
PROG ROCK/ Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch (LP) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
PROG ROCK/ Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti (2LP) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Frank Zappa Waka Jawaka Hot Rats 8 4 Track Tape psych rock Mothers Invention US $28.89 Buy It Now 2h 57m
FRANK ZAPPA DAVID BOWIE Mega Rare Bill Huie What's It All About Interview 45 NM US $49.99 [0 bids]
3h
FRANK ZAPPA Them Or Us LP 74200 GATEFOLD VG+ VG+ US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Apostrophe (') - Frank Zappa (CD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Frank Zappa "APOSTROPHE ! " 1974 Discreet Pressing LP. US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Frank Zappa I Don't Wanna Get Drafted Original SEALED 12" Limited ZR 1001 Canada US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
FRANK ZAPPA 200 Motels Soundtrack LP VG+ VG+ Mothers Of Invention MCA 2-4183 US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
FRANK ZAPPA/MOTHERS OF INVENTION**WHY DON'TCHA DO MY RIGHT? (7 INCH)**VINYL US $7.16 Buy It Now 3h 58m
FRANK ZAPPA IN NEW YORK 2D-2290 2 LP'S US $9.99 [1 bids]
4h
FRANK ZAPPA**TINSEL TOWN REBELLION**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 4h 3m
FRANK ZAPPA SHUT UP N' PLAY YER GUITAR CBS-66368 MFD HOLLAND 3 LP BOX SET US $51.99 [6 bids]
Here it is, The Music Vol 1 RYKO, FRANK ZAPPA, JIMI HENDRIX, DEVO US $5.88 Buy It Now 4h 4m
FRANK ZAPPA THE MAN FROM UTOPIA FW-38403 WITH LYRIC SLEEVE LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA JOE'S GARAGE BOX SET. 3 NEAR MINT RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Apostrophe'/Overnite Sensation by Frank Zappa RYKO RCD40025 LN US $18.89 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Frank Zappa 2Lp Set Anyway The Wind Blows Paris 1979 Mothers Of Invention US $22.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Burnt Weeny Sandwich DU Empty Box Japan Rare !!! US $21.48 [1 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Meets The Mothers Of Prevention Limited Edition Mini LP CD Japan US $53.72 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Uncle Meat w/Mini Sticker Limited Edition Mini LP 2CD Japan US $53.72 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA-HOT RATS-ROCK LP on BIZARRE US $50.00 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Burnt Weeny Sandwich, Frank Zappa, Very Good US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 5m
FRANK ZAPPA**MEETS THE MOTHERS OF PREVENTION**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Frank Zappa Burnt Weeny Sandwich LP NM RS6370 1969 Mothers of Invention US $79.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Bongo Fury by Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention/Captain Beefheart (CD,... US $8.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION-1968 BBC Pre-FM XLNT!-REEL TO REEL US $100.00 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention - One size fits all (LP vinyl greek orig) US $18.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA**LOST EPISODES**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 5h 42m
~ FRANK ZAPPA/THE MOTHERS - ONE SIZE FITS ALL ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Frank Zappa CD's Set # I: (Lot of 10) All in Good to Like-New condition. US $124.50 [0 bids]
GRAND FUNK RAILROAD Can You Do It 1976 7" record 45 import Germany Frank Zappa US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 51m
FRANK ZAPPA**AHEAD OF THEIR TIME**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 6h 2m
FRANK ZAPPA**PLAYGROUND PSYCHOTICS**2 CD SET US $12.58 Buy It Now 6h 5m
FRANK ZAPPA/MOTHERS OF INVENTION**ROXY AND ELSEWHERE (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.95 Buy It Now 6h 11m
FRANK ZAPPA**STUDIO TAN**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Frank Zappa - Finer Moments - 2 LP 180g Vinyl - Zappa Records ZR38941- SEALED US $45.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA - ZAPPED LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA "200 MOTELS" UNITED ARTISTS RECORDS STEREO UAS-9956 GATEFOLD VG+/EX US $27.00 Buy It Now 6h 28m
FRANK ZAPPA ISRAEL LP SHIP ARRIVING TOO LATE HEBREW ON LABEL & COVER NM Israel US $45.00 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Frank Zappa - Tinseltown Rebellion, Barking Pumpkin LP 12", 33 RPM, EX RARE US $12.99 [0 bids]
THE MOTHERS OVER NITE SENSATION LP 1973 DiscReet DSK 2288 NM FRANK ZAPPA. US $14.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Orchestral Favorites 8 Track Tape TESTED US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Frank Zappa Records Lot 4 Albums LPS Vinyl Hot Rats Mother of Invention Bizarre US $25.00 [0 bids]
The Mothers Just Another Band From LA Vinyl Record 12" Lp Frank Zappa Related US $9.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa's 200 Motels LP Vinyl 1971 w/ Book Mothers Of Invention Sdrtk. US $24.50 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Frank Zappa - Chunga's Revenge (1970) SEALED LP - UK REPRISE 1ST Pressing 2030 US $40.00 [1 bids]
Frank Zappa - Studio Tan LP US $8.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA SHIP ARRIVING TOO LATE TO SAVE A DROWNING WITCH BARKING PUMPKIN LP US $1.99 [2 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA / THE MAN FROM UTOPIA / CASSETTE TAPE / EMI US $9.08 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Frank Zappa Studio Tan NM wax Discreet Cover VG+ US $30.60 Buy It Now 7h 34m
the GTO's: Permanent Damage Straight STA 1059 Frank Zappa Jeff Beck Group US $95.00 Buy It Now 7h 43m
FRANK ZAPPA AND MOTHERS BURNT WEENIE GATEFOLD LP! US $19.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY VERVE LP VG+ US $128.97 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Frank Zappa Mothers Of Invention - Why Don'tcha Do Me Right ? - 7" RSD Vinyl 45 US $10.17 Buy It Now 8h 2m
8 Track-Frank Zappa/The Mothers-Just Another Band From L.A. - 1972 - SEALED! US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
King Kong: Jean-Luc Ponty Plays the Music of Frank Zappa by Jean-Luc Ponty... US $6.58 Buy It Now 8h 21m
2013~FRANK ZAPPA~7" 45rpm COLORED VINYL~SLIME~MONTANA~RECORD STORE DAY~RSD~#'ed US $18.99 Buy It Now 8h 23m
FRANK ZAPPA w/MOTHERS~7" 45rpm VINYL~ BLACK FRIDAY~RECORD STORE DAY~RSD US $18.99 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Frank Zappa & the Mothers, Over-Nite Sensation Audio CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 24m
The Man from Utopia by Frank Zappa (CD, Sep-2012, Universal Distribution) US $9.22 Buy It Now 8h 25m
FRANK ZAPPA - BROADWAY THE HARD WAY NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 8h 28m
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS - The Grand Wazoo Vintage 1972 BIZARRE Label Album US $17.99 [0 bids]
CD: FRANK ZAPPA Broadway The Hard Way US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 36m
Frank Zappa CD's Set # II: (Lot of 10) All in Good to Like-New condition. US $118.50 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA " STUDIO TAN " DISCREET NM US $6.99 [0 bids]
1982 Rock 45 FRANK ZAPPA Valley Girl / Teenage Prostitute CBS A2412 UK M- US $2.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa CD's Set # III: (Lot of 10) All in Good to Like-New condition. US $129.95 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa / Mothers of Invention UNCLE MEAT Remastered 180g Vinyl 2LP Record US $32.41 Buy It Now 9h 8m
Frank Zappa - Chungas Revenge CD (Rykodisc Canada 1995) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - Apostrophe US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
CD Collection with Rock, Jazz & Independent Frank Zappa Captain Beefheart Rare US $126.00 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Frank Zappa - Bongo Fury US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Frank Zappa - Uncle Meat (2CD) US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 58m
THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION absolutely free USA LP 1967 stereo FRANK ZAPPA US $30.00 Buy It Now 10h 8m
FRANK ZAPPA/orchestral favorites/ 1979 lp US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Frank Zappa Freak Out! The Mothers Of Invention (CD, 1985) Import Japan US $34.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy FRANK ZAPPA music online Buy FRANK ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRANK ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More ratings distribution

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More reviews

Review by Petrovsk Mizinski
3 stars Here we have the second in the the Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar trilogy. This time around we have a more humorous approach, although only slightly more, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on whether you wanted to hear something very serious or not. Personally I think it could have done with more humor, as I am a big fan of Zappa's sense of humor. I was hoping for something more interesting and exciting than the first part of the trilogy and unfortunately I feel it's hardly better than the first Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar and given I didn't think the first part of the trilogy wasn't that great, it really is a disappointment for me.

It starts off well enough, with the name of the first track, Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression, already enough to show put a smile on my face, but other than the name it isn't a humorous song, but that isn't a bad thing here. There is some cool guitar playing here and the track seems to flow nicely for me. Gee I Like Your Pants is also pretty good, demonstrating some fretboard pick tapping here which sounds really cool in the context of the song. This is unfortunately the end of where the really good material is for me. I have so far not been able to sit through more than 2 minutes of Canarsie without feeling agitated and after a while bored too, although I admit I constantly listen to the first two seconds of the track just to hear that line Carnarsie. Where everyone looks the same. I'm not sure how funny that was intended to be, but it never fails to amuse me, sometimes just makes me crack up laughing. The rest of the song is seriously boring to me, and the guitar playing isn't that great sounding either to be honest, which is not something I want to say considering how much I respect Zappa's talent, but I'm not going to hide the truth of how I felt about it. There is nothing really that exciting about the rest of the album that I feel is worth mentioning, sure it's not bad, but if it doesn't excite me I can't see what I can really say about it other than it just seemed average and fairly uninspiring to my ears

Like the first part of the trilogy, I understand this albums place in history and for that I will give it better than the 2 I would have given it purely based on the musical value. and at least I'm constantly assured I can really like the first two songs.

Send comments to Petrovsk Mizinski (BETA) | Report this review (#170209) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 08, 2008

5 stars Typically Frank Zappa is a bit of satirist, and I must admit I am not much of a fan ( at least at the moment ) of his more comedic type albums. However, I've found that the Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar series and Guitar album are really well written and are excellent instrumentals both for their feel ... (read more)

Report this review (#44994) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRANK ZAPPA "Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More"