SHUT UP 'N PLAY YER GUITAR SOME MORE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Frank Zappa Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More album cover

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression (3:52)
2. Gee, I like your pants (2:30)
3. Canarsie (5:55)
4. Ship ahoy (5:11)
5. The deathless horsie (6:10)
6. Shut up 'n play yer guitar some more (6:42)
7. Pink napkins (4:32)

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More lyrics

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More tabs

- Frank Zappa / lead guitar
+ Arthur Barrow / bass (1-2-5-6)
- Terry Bozzio / drums (4-7)
- Vinnie Colaiuta / drums (1-2-3-5-6)
- Warren Cucurullo / rhythm guitar(2-3-5-6)
- Roy Estrada / bass (4)
- Bob Harris / keyboards (1)
- Eddie Jobson / keyboards (7)
- Andre Lewis / keyboards (4)
- Ed Mann / percussion (2-5-6)
- Tommy Mars / keyboards (1-2-5-6)
- Patrick O'Hearn / bass (3-7)
- Steve Vai / rhythm guitar (1)
- Denny Walley / rhythm guitar (2-5-6)
- Ray White / rhythm guitar (1-7)
- Ike Willis / rhythm guitar (1-2-5-6)
- Peter Wolf / keyboards (2-5-6)

LP Barking Pumpkin BPR 1112

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

FRANK ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Apostrophe (')Apostrophe (')
One Size Fits AllOne Size Fits All
Joe's Garage Acts I II & IIIJoe's Garage Acts I II & III
Zappa Records 2012
Apostrophe ( ' ) (40th Anniversary Vinyl)Apostrophe ( ' ) (40th Anniversary Vinyl)
Zappa Records 2014
Vinyl$19.93
Over-Nite SensationOver-Nite Sensation
Hot RatsHot Rats
Freak OutFreak Out
Zappa Records 2012
Frank Zappa: Apostrophe (') Over-Nite SensationFrank Zappa: Apostrophe (') Over-Nite Sensation
Multiple Formats
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2007
DVD$3.75
Zoot AlluresZoot Allures
Zappa Records 2012

More places to buy FRANK ZAPPA music online Buy FRANK ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRANK ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More ratings distribution

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More reviews

Review by Petrovsk Mizinski
3 stars Here we have the second in the the Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar trilogy. This time around we have a more humorous approach, although only slightly more, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on whether you wanted to hear something very serious or not. Personally I think it could have done with more humor, as I am a big fan of Zappa's sense of humor. I was hoping for something more interesting and exciting than the first part of the trilogy and unfortunately I feel it's hardly better than the first Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar and given I didn't think the first part of the trilogy wasn't that great, it really is a disappointment for me.

It starts off well enough, with the name of the first track, Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression, already enough to show put a smile on my face, but other than the name it isn't a humorous song, but that isn't a bad thing here. There is some cool guitar playing here and the track seems to flow nicely for me. Gee I Like Your Pants is also pretty good, demonstrating some fretboard pick tapping here which sounds really cool in the context of the song. This is unfortunately the end of where the really good material is for me. I have so far not been able to sit through more than 2 minutes of Canarsie without feeling agitated and after a while bored too, although I admit I constantly listen to the first two seconds of the track just to hear that line Carnarsie. Where everyone looks the same. I'm not sure how funny that was intended to be, but it never fails to amuse me, sometimes just makes me crack up laughing. The rest of the song is seriously boring to me, and the guitar playing isn't that great sounding either to be honest, which is not something I want to say considering how much I respect Zappa's talent, but I'm not going to hide the truth of how I felt about it. There is nothing really that exciting about the rest of the album that I feel is worth mentioning, sure it's not bad, but if it doesn't excite me I can't see what I can really say about it other than it just seemed average and fairly uninspiring to my ears

Like the first part of the trilogy, I understand this albums place in history and for that I will give it better than the 2 I would have given it purely based on the musical value. and at least I'm constantly assured I can really like the first two songs.

Send comments to Petrovsk Mizinski (BETA) | Report this review (#170209) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 08, 2008

5 stars Typically Frank Zappa is a bit of satirist, and I must admit I am not much of a fan ( at least at the moment ) of his more comedic type albums. However, I've found that the Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar series and Guitar album are really well written and are excellent instrumentals both for their feel ... (read more)

Report this review (#44994) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRANK ZAPPA "Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More"