SHUT UP 'N PLAY YER GUITAR SOME MORE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Frank Zappa Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More album cover

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression (3:52)
2. Gee, I like your pants (2:30)
3. Canarsie (5:55)
4. Ship ahoy (5:11)
5. The deathless horsie (6:10)
6. Shut up 'n play yer guitar some more (6:42)
7. Pink napkins (4:32)

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More lyrics

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More tabs

- Frank Zappa / lead guitar
+ Arthur Barrow / bass (1-2-5-6)
- Terry Bozzio / drums (4-7)
- Vinnie Colaiuta / drums (1-2-3-5-6)
- Warren Cucurullo / rhythm guitar(2-3-5-6)
- Roy Estrada / bass (4)
- Bob Harris / keyboards (1)
- Eddie Jobson / keyboards (7)
- Andre Lewis / keyboards (4)
- Ed Mann / percussion (2-5-6)
- Tommy Mars / keyboards (1-2-5-6)
- Patrick O'Hearn / bass (3-7)
- Steve Vai / rhythm guitar (1)
- Denny Walley / rhythm guitar (2-5-6)
- Ray White / rhythm guitar (1-7)
- Ike Willis / rhythm guitar (1-2-5-6)
- Peter Wolf / keyboards (2-5-6)

LP Barking Pumpkin BPR 1112

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

FRANK ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More Music

Hot RatsHot Rats
Freak OutFreak Out
Over-Nite SensationOver-Nite Sensation
Zappa Records 2012
Apostrophe ( ' ) (40th Anniversary Vinyl)Apostrophe ( ' ) (40th Anniversary Vinyl)
Zappa Records 2014
Vinyl$24.98
Absolutely FreeAbsolutely Free
We're Only In It For The MoneyWe're Only In It For The Money
Apostrophe (')Apostrophe (')
Uncle MeatUncle Meat
Zappa Records 2012
Frank Zappa: Apostrophe (') Over-Nite SensationFrank Zappa: Apostrophe (') Over-Nite Sensation
Multiple Formats
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2007
DVD$3.89
One Size Fits AllOne Size Fits All
Mothermania, Frank Zappa, New US $14.10 Buy It Now 38m 37s
FRANK ZAPPA - BABY SNAKES / THE DUB ROOM SPECIAL / THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS - ERE US $24.44 Buy It Now 40m 35s
QUADROPHONIC SAMPLER LP Quadradisc Frank Zappa Alice Cooper Charles Mingus Quad US $8.47 [1 bids]
49m 4s
Joe's Garage: Act 1, 2 & 3 by Frank Zappa (CD, Oct-2012, 2 Discs, Universal) US $11.99 Buy It Now 58m 50s
You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 1 by Frank Zappa (CD, Apr-1998, 2... US $11.99 Buy It Now 59m 44s
FRANK ZAPPA LATER WORKS Replica JAPAN TO ORIGINAL LP IN A OBI CD Sealed Box Set US $467.49 Buy It Now 1h 9m
FRANK ZAPPA BURNT Replica JAPANOBI CD Sealed Box Set US $499.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
PROMO DJ CD FRANK ZAPPA Morphine ELVIS COSTELLO ROCHES US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
FRANK ZAPPA - SET OF 10 MIXED PROMO POSTER POSTCARDS # 2 US $8.47 [0 bids]
Zappa Picks Larry LaLonde Primus Frank Zappa CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Zappa Picks Jon Fishman Phish Frank Zappa CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation by Frank Zappa US $15.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA LP " Zoot Allures " WARNER BROS. Canada 1976' US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Bongo Fury Frank Zappa Audio CD US $26.23 Buy It Now 2h 10m
FRANK ZAPPA - Don't Eat the Yellow Snow 7" - RSD Record Store Day 2014 US $13.99 [0 bids]
DARRYL RHOADES Weapons Of Mass Deception 2008 rock comedy frank zappa outsider US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Make A Jazz Noise Here Frank Zappa (2) CD Barking Pumpkin US $54.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
FRANK ZAPPA Clean American Version Instore Play ULTRA LIMITED PROMO DJ CD 1995 US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Studio Tan, Frank Zappa, New US $14.10 Buy It Now 3h
FRANK ZAPPA UNCLE MEAT Replica 6 LP RARE JAPAN WITH OBI 8 CD Sealed Box Set US $529.99 Buy It Now 3h
FRANK ZAPPA - Hot Rats - GATEFOLD COVER-LP - RARE 1969 BIZARRE LABEL - VG Vinyl US $15.00 [0 bids]
The Mothers of Invention "just another band fro L.A." FRANK ZAPPA LP 1972 US $7.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA? /? Chunga's Revenge ?JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI?VACK-1333 US $45.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
frank zappa lp ship arriving too late...w/inner fw 38066 vg+/m- US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
frank zappa-the most outrageous bunch 1973 US $19.99 [2 bids]
4h
LP: FRANK ZAPPA~zoot allures~VG+ ORIGINAL WB psych THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION 1978 US $10.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Strictly Commercial DJ CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 29m
HOLLYWOOD PERSUADERS FRANK ZAPPA Drums A-Go-Go RARE Surf Garage ORIG 1965 SEALED US $100.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Frank Zappa - Waka/Jawaka - Vinyl LP Record, VG+ Condition US $8.50 [3 bids]
2LPs: Frank Zappa~Sheik Yerbouti~NM Psych~Inner Sleeve~Jewish Princess US $15.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Mothers of Invention - One Size Fits All - Vinyl LP Record, VG+ US $10.50 [6 bids]
Tinseltown Rebellion by Frank Zappa (CD, May-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Frank Zappa - Frank Zappa's Old Masters Box One 12" LP US $25.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa the Mothers Fillmore East June 1971 Bizarre Record LP Reprise VG++ US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 52m
LP: FRANK ZAPPA~Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch~PROMO~VG++ Bark US $9.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA - DANCIN FOOL 7" VINYL US $11.02 Buy It Now 5h 12m
FRANK ZAPPA/MOTHERS OF INVENTION**UNCLE MEAT (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.95 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Frank Zappa-The Grand Wazoo WLP Promo LP..Super Nice Copy US $69.98 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA in New York YUGOSLAVIAN DBL G/F LP EX++/NM/NM US $91.00 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Frank Zappa - True Glove 12" Maxi-Single German Import US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Frank Zappa All You Need is Glove 33 LP Aspects of 1984 Tour Live Recordings US $45.00 [0 bids]
Apostrophe/Over-nite Sensation by Frank Zappa (CD) No UPC 1986 US $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Frank Zappa Mothers of Invention - Uncle Meat - Vinyl LP Record, Very Good VG US $4.95 [1 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA THE LONDON SYMPHONY Orchestra VOL 1 Lp mothers of invention '83 RARE US $55.00 Buy It Now 5h 37m
FRANK ZAPPA 2 x pic slv 7" 45's Valley Girl & I Don't Wanna Get Drafted US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Frank Zappa - CLEAN AMERICAN VERSION - US In-Store Promo Dirty Love CD RARE! US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 45m
FZ:OZ Frank Zappa live hordern pavillion sydney australlia 1/20/76 rock rare US $50.00 [0 bids]
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART Trout Mask Replica 2-LP 180g SEALED Magic Band Frank Zappa US $26.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Lot of Frank Zappa Records LP Joe's Garage Act 1 Sleep Dirt Apostrophe Studio US $74.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Frank Zappa "I Don't Wanna Get Drafted" Original Promo 45 RPM w/ picture sleeve US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Frank Zappa Ship Arriving Too late w/Valley girl sticker Barking Pumpkin Sealed! US $8.45 [2 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA The Mothers of Invention FREAK OUT US $26.99 [0 bids]
Sheik Yerbouti Frank Zappa 2 LP SRZ21501 orig '79 mothers of invention gatefold! US $35.00 Buy It Now 6h 33m
Zappa in New York by Frank Zappa (CD, May-1995, 2 Discs, Ryko Distribution) RARE US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Frank Zappa - Tinseltown Rebellion 2LP Rare Holland US $34.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
FRANK ZAPPA WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY LUMPY GRAVY ONE & TWO LP'S US $16.00 [1 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA - ONE SIZE FITS ALL (1975) DISCREET DS 2216 US $30.92 Buy It Now 7h 2m
FRANK ZAPPA-ZOOT ALLURES(LP) US $4.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA BROADWAY THE HARD WAY/ YOU CANT DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE/ 3 LP'S US $18.00 [0 bids]
The Mothers [Frank Zappa] - Fillmore East, June 1971 - Vinyl LP Record Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa A Token of His Extreme Soundtrack CD NEW/Sealed US $24.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA THEM OR US & FRANCESCO ZAPPA/ 3 LP'S/ EXCELLENT US $18.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Joe's Camouflage CD new and sealed US $29.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa LP Studio Tan US $16.00 Buy It Now 7h 29m
FRANK ZAPPA Zoot Allures LP PROMO 1976 US ORIG US $26.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
FRANK ZAPPA & The Mothers One Size Fits All Vinyl LP Discreet 2216 1975 Orig EX US $26.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
FRANK ZAPPA~Eric Burdon & Animals~Other Side Of This Life~MGM PROMO US $3.99 [1 bids]
The Mothers Fillmore East 1971 Frank Zappa CD Ryko US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
FRANK ZAPPA STRICTLY COMMERCIAL THE BEST OF CD SPECIALLY BANDED FOR RADIO PROMO US $11.95 Buy It Now 7h 39m
The Mothers Over-Nite Sensation LP Frank Zappa Original Gatefold EX US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 40m
Frank Zappa RARE MEAT Early Productions Del-Fi RNEP 604 Donna FREE US SHIPPING US $38.90 Buy It Now 7h 42m
FRANK ZAPPA Apostrophe NEAR MINT 1977 REISSUE Discreet 2289 US $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 47m
jean-luc ponty lp king kong plays the music of frank zappa italy liberty rare! US $19.00 Buy It Now 7h 51m
2 frank zappa cd cheap thrills and man from utopia US $4.99 [0 bids]
Uncle Meat by Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention (Vinyl 2013, 2 LPs) New US $34.95 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Apocrypha Frank Zappa Four (4) CD Import rare NEW Captain Beefheart US $699.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Freak Out! by FRANK ZAPPA Ryko CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
200 Motels by Frank Zappa (Cassette, 1986, MCA) NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Frank Zappa Chunga's Revenge 1970 VG Bi-Fold Bizarre Reprise MS 2030 US $4.99 [1 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA - Sheik Yerbouti NEAR MINT ORIGINAL 1979 - Zappa 21501 GATEFOLD US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Frank Zappa Hot Rats 1969 VG+ Bi-Fold Bizarre Reprise RS 6336 US $7.50 [3 bids]
Frank Zappa, A Token of His Extreme, Soundtrack, Zappa Records US $10.00 [0 bids]
9h
Frank Zappa Waka/Jawaka Hot Rats 1972 VG+ Bizarre Reprise RS 2094 US $4.99 [1 bids]
Frank Zappa, Joe's Camouflage, Zappa Records US $10.00 [1 bids]
ZOOT ALLURES - FRANK ZAPPA - WB-2970 - STEREO US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 12m
RARE FRANK ZAPPA MOTHERS OF INVENTION EASY RIDER YEARS LIVE IMPORT CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention One Size Fits All LP OG Press Discreet US $20.00 [0 bids]
One Size Fits All by Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention (CD, Aug-2012,... US $3.75 [1 bids]
Lumpy Gravy by Frank Zappa (CD, Feb-1999, Ryko Distribution) US $3.75 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Mothers Of Invention 200 Motels LP w/Booklet US $15.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Meets The Mothers Barking Pumpkin ST 74203 1985 G+/NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Tinsel Town Rebellion LP Excellent Condition Cutout Notch US $15.00 [0 bids]
(2) Record LP Rare Lot The Mothers Over-Nite Sensation Frank Zappa Flash US $14.99 [0 bids]
We're Only in It for the Money by Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention (CD,... US $3.75 [1 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS Fillmore East June 1971 Oop 1995 Ryko Picture CD 70s US $20.97 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Jazz from Hell by Frank Zappa (CD, May-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $4.66 [0 bids]
Shut up'n play yer guitar - Frank Zappa Vinyl US $39.00 [0 bids]
Cheap Thrills by Frank Zappa (CD, Apr-1998, Ryko Distribution) US $2.90 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Apostrophe and Overnight Sensation US $5.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - Roxy By Proxy CD FREE SHIPPING !! (Live / Previously Unreleased) US $22.25 Buy It Now 10h 56m

More places to buy FRANK ZAPPA music online Buy FRANK ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRANK ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More ratings distribution

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More reviews

Review by Petrovsk Mizinski
3 stars Here we have the second in the the Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar trilogy. This time around we have a more humorous approach, although only slightly more, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on whether you wanted to hear something very serious or not. Personally I think it could have done with more humor, as I am a big fan of Zappa's sense of humor. I was hoping for something more interesting and exciting than the first part of the trilogy and unfortunately I feel it's hardly better than the first Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar and given I didn't think the first part of the trilogy wasn't that great, it really is a disappointment for me.

It starts off well enough, with the name of the first track, Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression, already enough to show put a smile on my face, but other than the name it isn't a humorous song, but that isn't a bad thing here. There is some cool guitar playing here and the track seems to flow nicely for me. Gee I Like Your Pants is also pretty good, demonstrating some fretboard pick tapping here which sounds really cool in the context of the song. This is unfortunately the end of where the really good material is for me. I have so far not been able to sit through more than 2 minutes of Canarsie without feeling agitated and after a while bored too, although I admit I constantly listen to the first two seconds of the track just to hear that line Carnarsie. Where everyone looks the same. I'm not sure how funny that was intended to be, but it never fails to amuse me, sometimes just makes me crack up laughing. The rest of the song is seriously boring to me, and the guitar playing isn't that great sounding either to be honest, which is not something I want to say considering how much I respect Zappa's talent, but I'm not going to hide the truth of how I felt about it. There is nothing really that exciting about the rest of the album that I feel is worth mentioning, sure it's not bad, but if it doesn't excite me I can't see what I can really say about it other than it just seemed average and fairly uninspiring to my ears

Like the first part of the trilogy, I understand this albums place in history and for that I will give it better than the 2 I would have given it purely based on the musical value. and at least I'm constantly assured I can really like the first two songs.

Send comments to Petrovsk Mizinski (BETA) | Report this review (#170209) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 08, 2008

5 stars Typically Frank Zappa is a bit of satirist, and I must admit I am not much of a fan ( at least at the moment ) of his more comedic type albums. However, I've found that the Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar series and Guitar album are really well written and are excellent instrumentals both for their feel ... (read more)

Report this review (#44994) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRANK ZAPPA "Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More"