SHUT UP 'N PLAY YER GUITAR SOME MORE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Frank Zappa Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More album cover

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression (3:52)
2. Gee, I like your pants (2:30)
3. Canarsie (5:55)
4. Ship ahoy (5:11)
5. The deathless horsie (6:10)
6. Shut up 'n play yer guitar some more (6:42)
7. Pink napkins (4:32)

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More lyrics

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More tabs

- Frank Zappa / lead guitar
+ Arthur Barrow / bass (1-2-5-6)
- Terry Bozzio / drums (4-7)
- Vinnie Colaiuta / drums (1-2-3-5-6)
- Warren Cucurullo / rhythm guitar(2-3-5-6)
- Roy Estrada / bass (4)
- Bob Harris / keyboards (1)
- Eddie Jobson / keyboards (7)
- Andre Lewis / keyboards (4)
- Ed Mann / percussion (2-5-6)
- Tommy Mars / keyboards (1-2-5-6)
- Patrick O'Hearn / bass (3-7)
- Steve Vai / rhythm guitar (1)
- Denny Walley / rhythm guitar (2-5-6)
- Ray White / rhythm guitar (1-7)
- Ike Willis / rhythm guitar (1-2-5-6)
- Peter Wolf / keyboards (2-5-6)

LP Barking Pumpkin BPR 1112

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

FRANK ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More Music

Apostrophe (')Apostrophe (')
Joe's Garage Acts I II & IIIJoe's Garage Acts I II & III
Zappa Records 2012
Freak Jazz Movie Madness & Another MothersFreak Jazz Movie Madness & Another Mothers
Multiple Formats
Uncle MeatUncle Meat
Over-Nite SensationOver-Nite Sensation
FRANK ZAPPA - I AM THE CLOUDS - BOX 8 CD US $159.99 [0 bids]
32m 23s
frank zappa and the mothers of invention t shirt w/ ghosts of ex-members US $20.00 Buy It Now 33m 5s
frank zappa and the mothers of invention t shirt w/ ghosts of ex-members US $25.00 Buy It Now 33m 5s
frank zappa- zoot allures-fusion , progressive rock 1976 LP-made in israel- WB US $49.99 Buy It Now 39m 30s
GEORGE DUKE - Feel NM-/VG LP Record 1986 MPS Records BASF MC 25355 Frank Zappa US $32.95 Buy It Now 50m 28s
Frank Zappa- 200 Motels-1st Pressing With Poster & Booklet US $35.00 Buy It Now 53m 53s
FRANK ZAPPA-MYSTERY DISC LP(Very Rare Mothers Of Invention '85 Disc 1) M- /M- US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Bongo Fury,Frank Zappa, Beefheart, CD, May-1995, Ryko, MINT, George Duke, Bozzio US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
FRANK ZAPPA-MYSTERY DISC LP(Very Rare Mothers Of Invention '85 Disc 2) M- /M- US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
GOLDEN SUPER STARS X 3 1977 WARNER BROS FLEETWOOD MAC/FRANK ZAPPA/DOORS/EAGLES US $3.30 [0 bids]
Son Of Cheep Thrills,Artist - Frank Zappa, in Good condition Enhanced US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 45m
FRANK ZAPPA / SLEEP DIRT / CASSETTE TAPE / 1ST PRESS 1979 / DISCREET US $9.10 Buy It Now 2h 5m
FRANK ZAPPA - DOES HUMOR BELONG IN MUSIC? - DVD US $36.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa: "Chunga's Revenge", Beautiful Pressing, Deep Groove, Oct 1970, MINT US $24.97 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowing Witch Cassette Tape Sealed† US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Frank Zappa Joe's Garage Act 1 Sealed Cassette Tape USA †1979† US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Frank Zappa Cruising With Ruben & The Jets Sealed Cassette Tape† US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Frank Zappa Joe's Garage Act I, II, III Sealed Cassette Tape NEW† US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Frank Zappa Uncle Meat Sealed Cassette Tape NEW Barking Pumpkin† US $18.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Frank Zappa Sheik Yerbouti Sealed Cassette Tape Barking Pumpkin† US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
FRANK ZAPPA apostrophe(') Au20 RYKO 24K GOLD AUDIOPHILE MASTER CD Ltd Edition US $95.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Frank Zappa 200 motels Album, Germany US $19.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Apostrophe/Over-nite Sensation (CD, Ryko Distribution) US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
FRANK ZAPPA them or us ISRAEL ISRAELI MINT LP US $84.00 Buy It Now 3h
Frank Zappa (Rycodisc CD Playtested Jack Bruce) Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation US $12.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA the man from utopia ISRAELI MINT LP US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Freak Out ! Japan Lp Sleeve Frank Zappa CD The Mothers of Invention US $64.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
FRANK ZAPPA you are what you is 88560 A1/B1/C2/D2 uk cbs DOUBLE LP PS VG+/EX- US $37.71 Buy It Now 3h 27m
FRANK ZAPPA sheik yerbouti EN 5001 digitally remastered uk DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX US $37.71 Buy It Now 3h 29m
FRANK ZAPPA - WAX FLAGS - LIVE AT UCLA NEW YEARS EVE 1977 - RARE 2 RECORD SET! US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Frank Zappa: Dancin' Fool / Baby Snakes 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
FRANK ZAPPA - HOT RATS - BIZARRE - RS6356- GATE FOLD COVER - "SEALED" - "SEALED" US $75.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Frank Zappa Them or Us German Import VG++ to NM Near Mint Vinyl Record US $23.00 Buy It Now 4h 15m
FRANK ZAPPA / LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - Vol 1 (LP) 1983 w/ Inner Sleeve US $20.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa 1979 Zappa lp US $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 23m
FRANK ZAPPA Interview 4 x 7" picture discs in wall hanging plastic wallet US $66.31 Buy It Now 4h 25m
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS One Size Fits All DISCREET LP DS 2216 gatefold VG+ US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 39m
FRANK ZAPPA Zoot Allures WARNER BROS LP BS 2970 original NM US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Frank Zappa Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch Lp ORIG Inner Sleeve US $16.66 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Carnegie Hall Frank Zappa (4) CD NEW Mothers of Invention Live The Persuasions US $169.99 Buy It Now 5h 17m
MOTHERS OF INVENTION - FREAK OUT - PROG ROCK 2 LP - GATEFOLD - FRANK ZAPPA US $20.50 [6 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA /BEEFHEART - BOSTON MUSIC HALL 27/04/1975 (LATE SHOW) - LP US $49.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention One Size Fits All DS 2216 Record LP US $23.91 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Frank Zappa - Studio Tan [CD New] US $12.57 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Frank Zappa Sexual Harassment in the Workplace 3"CD US $19.95 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Chunga's Revenge LP REPRISE/BIZARRE UK 2nd press 1971 5 US $39.90 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Lumpy Gravy LP Verve UK 2nd press 1972 5 US $39.90 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Pa's Nose Fell Off At Breakfast... LP CHEESE orig US 5 US $39.90 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA, MOTHERS INVENTION 200 Motels 2LP UNITED ARTISTS orig Poster Booklet US $27.90 [0 bids]
Frank zappa apostrophe 8 track tape US $5.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa "200 Motels" Soundtrack LP with Booklet LOOK! US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Frank Zappa "Joe's Garage Act1" LP w Lyric Sheet LOOK! US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 8m
You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 1 by Frank Zappa (CD, May-1995, 2... US $11.49 [0 bids]
Thing-Fish by Frank Zappa (CD, May-1995, 2 Discs, Ryko Distribution) US $21.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - Tinseltown Rebellion 2x12" LP VINYL UK 1981 CBS S 88516 US $49.74 Buy It Now 7h 11m
You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 4 by Frank Zappa (CD, May-1995, 2... US $17.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA SHEIK YERBOUTI DOUBLE ALBUM 1979 ~ US $18.02 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention - One Size Fits All (1999) MINT CD - FAST US $11.59 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Frank Zappa Hot Rats Empty Promo Box Japan Mini-LP US $60.00 Buy It Now 7h 20m
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS - UNCLE MEAT 2 LP Original Bizzare Pressing NM US $83.00 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Frank Zappa Make a Jazz Noise Here TZAPPA 41 Cassette Tape X 2 - TESTED US $11.61 Buy It Now 7h 40m
Frank Zappa - Chunga's Revenge LP G/F SEALED 1970 Bizarre / Reprise MS 2030 US $39.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA/THE MOTH - CRUISING WITH RUBEN & THE JETS [FRANK ZAPPA/THE - NEW CD US $8.51 Buy It Now 8h 38m
The Lost Episodes by Frank Zappa (CD, Feb-1996, Ryko Distribution) Mint CD US $7.50 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Frank Zappa Orchestral Favorites 8 Track Tape SEALED US $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 50m
You Are What You Is by Frank Zappa (CD, May-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $7.20 Buy It Now 8h 52m
Stillrock Featuring Don Preston (Frank Zappa) WLP PSYCH ORIG Don Nix Duck Dunn US $8.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa - MOTHERMANIA - CD - (Universal 2012) US $18.22 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Frank Zappa - UNDERSTANDING AMERICA - 2CD - (Universal 2012) US $23.20 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Frank Zappa CD Lot Sheik Yerbouti & Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 5m
FRANK ZAPPA**GRAND WAZOO**CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 9h 27m
~ FRANK ZAPPA - THEM OR US ~ MUSIC CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 9h 29m
~ FRANK ZAPPA - MEETS THE MOTHERS OF PREVENTION ~ MUSIC CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 9h 29m
~ FRANK ZAPPA - ORCHESTRAL FAVORITES ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 29m
LĄther by Frank Zappa (CD, Sep-1996, 3 Discs, Ryko Distribution) US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h 36m
FRANK ZAPPA Peaches En Regalia - 3 track Sealed original 1987 US co 3" CD SINGLE US $14.50 Buy It Now 10h 13m
JEAN-LUC PONTY King Kong Music of Frank Zappa 1970 LP US $19.54 Buy It Now 10h 14m
FRANK ZAPPA Zomby Woof - 2 track Sealed original 1988 US co 3" CD SINGLE US $17.50 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Frank Zappa Mothers Over-nite Sensation Record LP Warner Bros. VG++ US $19.00 Buy It Now 10h 19m
Frank Zappa Hot Rats GATEFOLD psych Don Sugarcane Harris CaptainBeefheart KILLER US $8.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Tinsel Town Rebellion LP Excellent Condition Cutout Notch US $15.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Mothers Of Invention 200 Motels LP w/Booklet US $15.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Freakout! Original Lp! V6-5005-2x! Stereo Lp! Reverse "freak out" US $35.00 Buy It Now 10h 29m
FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Garage Acts II & III dbl LP NM vinyl Mothers of Invention US $11.80 [3 bids]
Frank Zappa Bizarre Record Album Zapped Reprise ~ US $14.95 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Frank Zappa | 200 Motels | UAS-9956 | VG++ LP w/book US $24.99 [0 bids]
Apostrophe (') by Frank Zappa (CD, Apr-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Captain Beefheart "Bat Chain Puller" LP YELLOW VINYL #d/50 made! Frank Zappa US $21.69 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Over-Nite Sensation by Frank Zappa (CD, Apr-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
FRANK ZAPPA**ROXY AND ELSEWHERE**CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 11h 16m
MIKE KENEALLY Boil That Dust Speck CD frank zappa steve vai US $4.00 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Frank Zappa 1979 Discreet lp US $18.00 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Frank Zappa 1973 Bizarre/Reprise lp US $18.00 Buy It Now 11h 35m
FRANK ZAPPA AND THE MOTHERS one size fits all 1975-DISCREET DS 2216 EX vinyl US $17.50 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Frank Zappa &The Mothers "Fillmore East - June 1971" LP Reprise Rec MS 2042 VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Frank Zappa/Captain Beefheart- BONGO FURY- Discreet DS 2234 Psych LP EX- vinyl US $12.50 Buy It Now 11h 49m
FRANK ZAPPA - ZOOT ALLURES - WB BS2970 - 1976 LP - EX VINYL - EX COVER US $12.50 Buy It Now 11h 52m

More places to buy FRANK ZAPPA music online Buy FRANK ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRANK ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More ratings distribution

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More reviews

Review by Petrovsk Mizinski
3 stars Here we have the second in the the Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar trilogy. This time around we have a more humorous approach, although only slightly more, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on whether you wanted to hear something very serious or not. Personally I think it could have done with more humor, as I am a big fan of Zappa's sense of humor. I was hoping for something more interesting and exciting than the first part of the trilogy and unfortunately I feel it's hardly better than the first Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar and given I didn't think the first part of the trilogy wasn't that great, it really is a disappointment for me.

It starts off well enough, with the name of the first track, Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression, already enough to show put a smile on my face, but other than the name it isn't a humorous song, but that isn't a bad thing here. There is some cool guitar playing here and the track seems to flow nicely for me. Gee I Like Your Pants is also pretty good, demonstrating some fretboard pick tapping here which sounds really cool in the context of the song. This is unfortunately the end of where the really good material is for me. I have so far not been able to sit through more than 2 minutes of Canarsie without feeling agitated and after a while bored too, although I admit I constantly listen to the first two seconds of the track just to hear that line Carnarsie. Where everyone looks the same. I'm not sure how funny that was intended to be, but it never fails to amuse me, sometimes just makes me crack up laughing. The rest of the song is seriously boring to me, and the guitar playing isn't that great sounding either to be honest, which is not something I want to say considering how much I respect Zappa's talent, but I'm not going to hide the truth of how I felt about it. There is nothing really that exciting about the rest of the album that I feel is worth mentioning, sure it's not bad, but if it doesn't excite me I can't see what I can really say about it other than it just seemed average and fairly uninspiring to my ears

Like the first part of the trilogy, I understand this albums place in history and for that I will give it better than the 2 I would have given it purely based on the musical value. and at least I'm constantly assured I can really like the first two songs.

Send comments to Petrovsk Mizinski (BETA) | Report this review (#170209) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 08, 2008

5 stars Typically Frank Zappa is a bit of satirist, and I must admit I am not much of a fan ( at least at the moment ) of his more comedic type albums. However, I've found that the Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar series and Guitar album are really well written and are excellent instrumentals both for their feel ... (read more)

Report this review (#44994) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRANK ZAPPA "Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More"