SHUT UP 'N PLAY YER GUITAR SOME MORE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Frank Zappa Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More album cover

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression (3:52)
2. Gee, I like your pants (2:30)
3. Canarsie (5:55)
4. Ship ahoy (5:11)
5. The deathless horsie (6:10)
6. Shut up 'n play yer guitar some more (6:42)
7. Pink napkins (4:32)

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More lyrics

Search FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More tabs

- Frank Zappa / lead guitar
+ Arthur Barrow / bass (1-2-5-6)
- Terry Bozzio / drums (4-7)
- Vinnie Colaiuta / drums (1-2-3-5-6)
- Warren Cucurullo / rhythm guitar(2-3-5-6)
- Roy Estrada / bass (4)
- Bob Harris / keyboards (1)
- Eddie Jobson / keyboards (7)
- Andre Lewis / keyboards (4)
- Ed Mann / percussion (2-5-6)
- Tommy Mars / keyboards (1-2-5-6)
- Patrick O'Hearn / bass (3-7)
- Steve Vai / rhythm guitar (1)
- Denny Walley / rhythm guitar (2-5-6)
- Ray White / rhythm guitar (1-7)
- Ike Willis / rhythm guitar (1-2-5-6)
- Peter Wolf / keyboards (2-5-6)

LP Barking Pumpkin BPR 1112

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

FRANK ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More Music

Hot RatsHot Rats
Freak OutFreak Out
Apostrophe (')Apostrophe (')
Joe's Garage Acts I II & IIIJoe's Garage Acts I II & III
Zappa Records 2012
Apostrophe ( ' ) (40th Anniversary Vinyl)Apostrophe ( ' ) (40th Anniversary Vinyl)
Zappa Records 2014
Sheik YerboutiSheik Yerbouti
Double CD
Absolutely FreeAbsolutely Free
Zappa Records 2012
Barbara Streisand on Magazine Cover Keith Emerson King Crimson Frank Zappa US $12.23 Buy It Now 45m 36s
FRANK ZAPPA - PLAYGROUND PSYCHOTICS NEW CD US $28.36 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts II & III (2LP) Zappa Records SRZ-2-1502 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
FRANK ZAPPA - TRANCE FUSION - VERY RARE - CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
MOTHERS (FRANK ZAPPA) - JUST ANOTHER BAND FROM L.A. - LP - Gatefold cover. US $17.88 Buy It Now 1h 56m
FRANK ZAPPA GOBLIN GIRL PIC 12" US $19.57 Buy It Now 2h 11m
FRANK ZAPPA - THE OLD MASTERS - NEW & SEALED LP - (BPR 7X4-1) US $32.61 Buy It Now 2h 25m
FRANK ZAPPA 'BURNT WEENY SANDWICH' CD (2012 Re-Issue) US $19.17 Buy It Now 2h 43m
FRANK ZAPPA 'WEASELS RIPPED MY FLESH' CD (2012 Re-Issue) US $19.17 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Frank Zappa - Waka/Jawaka CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Frank Zappa - Zoot Allures CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Frank Zappa - Baby Snakes CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 2h 48m
FRANK ZAPPA 'CHUNGA'S REVENGE' CD (2012 Re-Issue) US $19.17 Buy It Now 2h 50m
FRANK ZAPPA 'FILLMORE EAST - JUNE 1971' CD (2012 Re-Issue) US $19.17 Buy It Now 2h 54m
FRANK ZAPPA - BONGO FURY NEW CD US $19.92 Buy It Now 2h 57m
FRANK ZAPPA 'JUST ANOTHER BAND FROM L.A.' CD (2012 Re-Issue) US $19.17 Buy It Now 2h 58m
FRANK ZAPPA -THE COMPLETE BBC TV BROADCAST - 2 LP + 1 CD - COLOURED V- VERY RARE US $89.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
FRANK ZAPPA - ZOOT ALLURES NEW CD US $19.92 Buy It Now 3h 38m
FRANK ZAPPA TINSELTOWN REBELION 1981 UK 2xLP CBS 88516 G/F US $28.54 Buy It Now 3h 39m
superb condition ! Mothers Of Invention French first press LP BURNT frank zappa US $59.99 [0 bids]
top condition ! FRANK ZAPPA RARE French first pressing LP WAKA JAWAKA US $59.99 [0 bids]
THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION AMERICAN PAGEANT FRANK ZAPPA NULLIS PRETII COMPILATIOLP US $99.99 Buy It Now 4h
FRANK ZAPPA - ROXY & ELSEWHERE NEW VINYL US $42.54 Buy It Now 4h 7m
FRANK ZAPPA - UNCLE MEAT NEW VINYL US $42.54 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Frank Zappa,Hot Rats,German pressing,LP US $38.31 Buy It Now 4h 8m
FRANK ZAPPA_The Man From Utopia_used cassette_ships from AUS!_R9 US $10.73 Buy It Now 4h 24m
FRANK ZAPPA - MOFO PROJECT/OBJECT - NEW CD BOXSET US $26.73 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Mothers Of Invention,Frank Zappa 200 Motels,USA Press,Booklet,Ringo Starr,2XLP US $29.34 Buy It Now 4h 29m
FRANK ZAPPA - AHEAD OF THEIR TIME NEW CD US $19.92 Buy It Now 4h 49m
FRANK ZAPPA - 200 MOTELS NEW DVD US $12.59 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Frank Zappa We're Only In It For The Money Japan Mini LP CD L/E New Obi Sticker US $49.80 Buy It Now 5h 8m
FRANK ZAPPA_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_Ships From AUSTRALIA!_G4 US $9.83 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Frank Zappa,Joe's Garage Acts II & III,First press,Inc insert,Double album,LP US $48.92 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Frank Zappa We're Only I It For The Money Mini LP CD Obi Japan VACK-1206 US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 40m
FRANK ZAPPA - SHIP ARRIVING TO LATE TO SAVE A DROWNING WITCH 1982 EX VINYL US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
FRANK ZAPPA Apostrophe cassette 1974 Discreet CDX 2175 US $7.95 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA - FINER MOMENTS NEW CD US $28.36 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Plastic Factory 7" RE frank zappa bizarre US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti NEW CD US $15.92 Buy It Now 7h 35m
5016583601126 One Size Fits All by Frank Zappa CD ZAP 11 - 1988 MINT - FAST POST US $11.40 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Mothers of Invention Weasels Ripped My Flesh 1970 Bizarre LP Record Frank Zappa US $29.50 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Frank Zappa 200 Motels - 1971 United Artists Movie Double LP Record Album US $29.50 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Frank Zappa Hot Rats - 1969 Bizarre DJ Promo White Label LP Record Album US $85.00 Buy It Now 7h 50m
FRANK ZAPPA - BEST BAND YOU NEVER HEARD IN YOUR LIFE NEW CD US $28.36 Buy It Now 8h
Uncle Meat by Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention (CD, May-1995, 2 Discs,... US $14.98 Buy It Now 8h 5m
FRANK ZAPPA Mystery Disc. Advance press CD promo only from 1998 ! US $22.00 Buy It Now 8h 14m
FRANK ZAPPA Broadway The Hard Way CZECKOSLOVAKIAN 1991 LP on purple vinyl US $85.00 Buy It Now 8h 14m
FRANK ZAPPA Hot Rats Mega rare LP edition in the "Art & Music Collection" series US $235.00 Buy It Now 8h 14m
FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Garage Act 1 CZECKOSLOVAKIAN 1991 licensed LP on white vinyl US $85.00 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Frank Zappa on Magazine Cover Iggy Pop Captain Beefheart MC5 US $12.23 Buy It Now 8h 24m
FRANK ZAPPA MOTHERS OF INVENTION FILLMORE EAST JUNE 71 LP US $19.57 [0 bids]
Carnegie Hall Frank Zappa (4) CD Mothers of Invention Live The Persuasions US $149.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Lost Episodes by Frank Zappa US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Lot Vtg 1960 70s FRANK ZAPPA Record Vinyl LP Album Promo LUMPY GRAVY ZOOT ALLURE US $19.99 [1 bids]
Frank Zappa-crush all boxes RARE cd US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 22m
FRANK ZAPPA USA 1980 7" Single I DON'T WANNA GET DRAFTED US $9.77 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention - Sweden 1967 Beat the Boots CD RARE!!! US $17.95 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Official Product Maxi Poster 91 X 61 PRESIDENT - 010 US $8.95 Buy It Now 9h 36m
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION ABSOLUTELY FREE 8 PG INSERT CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 9h 59m
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION AHEAD OF THEIR TIME (LIVE) CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 10h
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION WEASELS RIPPED MY FLESH CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 10h
FRANK ZAPPA APOSTROPHE(') 6 PAGE INSERT CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 10h
FRANK ZAPPA GUITAR 2 CD JEWEL CASE US $11.69 Buy It Now 10h
FRANK ZAPPA ORCHESTRAL FAVORITES CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 10h
FRANK ZAPPA THING-FISH 2 CD JEWEL CASE US $11.69 Buy It Now 10h
FRANK ZAPPA WAKA / JAWAKA CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 10h
Frank Zappa Captain Beefheart Bongo Fury LP PROMO! '75! US $59.00 Buy It Now 10h
Frank Zappa andThe Mothers of Invention Original One Size Fits All Discreet US $14.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Original You Are What You Is Promotional Copy Barking Pumpkin US $24.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Joe's Garage Act 1 Zappa Records US $14.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Sheik Yerbouti Zappa Records US $14.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Hot Rats 1969 Bizarre RS 6356 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $100.00 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Frank Zappa Mothers of Invention Weasels Ripped my Flesh 1977 2028 Press CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Frank Zappa - Face - Brand New Officially Licensed Woven Sew On Patch US $9.77 Buy It Now 10h 14m
FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION - THE ARK - MOTHERS LIVE CD - FREE UK P&P US $4.88 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Ship arriving too late to save a drowning Witch US Original vinyl US $9.77 [0 bids]
One Size Fits All by Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention (CD, 1975, Rykodisc) US $5.49 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa ?- Frank Zappa Meets The Mothers Of Prevention US $23.00 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Frank Zappa zoot allures vinyl record 1976 warner brothers records nice vintage US $12.99 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA - Zoot Allures (W.B. 2970) ('76) (Terry Bozzio of Missing Persons) US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 6m
FRANK ZAPPA "SHEIK YERBOUTI" Gatefold 2-LP SRZ 2-1501 1979 Stereo US $20.00 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention : Uncle Meat (2CDs) (2006) US $22.84 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 6 2CD 1992 RCD 10091/92 US $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 9m
Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti [CD New] US $10.87 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch [CD New] US $11.52 Buy It Now 11h 19m
rare WILD MAN FISHER meets SMEGMA & sing popular songs SEALED OOP LP frank zappa US $32.22 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Does Humor Belong in Music? by Frank Zappa (CD, Oct-2012, Universal) US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
FRANK ZAPPA / MOTHERS OF INVENTION, Just Another Band From L.A. (Germany) LP US $29.00 Buy It Now 11h 24m
FRANK ZAPPA - ZOOT ALLURES - WB BS2970 - 1976 LP - EX VINYL - EX COVER US $7.49 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa &The Mothers "Fillmore East - June 1971" LP Reprise Rec MS 2042 VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Lp We're Only In It For The Money Ex/nm Original RARE W/ Insert US $89.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Frank Zappa-Leatherette (w/Van Morrison on vocals on one track) US $30.00 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Apocrypha 4 Disc Box Set US $100.00 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA Kill Ugly Radio Some More w/ INTERVIEW PROMO CD ULTRA RARE US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
VG++ Frank Zappa Baby Snakes / Dancin' Fool 7" 45RPM w/paper slv US $4.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa ~ 200 Motels ~ 1971 (UK) with POSTER + Booklet A1/B1 A1/B1 UDF50003 US $57.07 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa ~ Mothers Of Invention ~ Only In It For The Money ~ Barkin Pumpkin US $24.45 [0 bids]
FRANK ZAPPA**FINER MOMENTS (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $40.50 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Frank Zappa - Orchestral Favorites Japan Mini LP Sleeve CD Limited Edition NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 22m
Frank Zappa / Mothers Roxy & Elsewhere Double LP 1974 DISCREET K 69201 2DS 2202 US $21.19 [0 bids]

More places to buy FRANK ZAPPA music online Buy FRANK ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRANK ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More ratings distribution

FRANK ZAPPA Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More reviews

Review by Petrovsk Mizinski
3 stars Here we have the second in the the Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar trilogy. This time around we have a more humorous approach, although only slightly more, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on whether you wanted to hear something very serious or not. Personally I think it could have done with more humor, as I am a big fan of Zappa's sense of humor. I was hoping for something more interesting and exciting than the first part of the trilogy and unfortunately I feel it's hardly better than the first Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar and given I didn't think the first part of the trilogy wasn't that great, it really is a disappointment for me.

It starts off well enough, with the name of the first track, Variation on the Carlos Santana secret chord progression, already enough to show put a smile on my face, but other than the name it isn't a humorous song, but that isn't a bad thing here. There is some cool guitar playing here and the track seems to flow nicely for me. Gee I Like Your Pants is also pretty good, demonstrating some fretboard pick tapping here which sounds really cool in the context of the song. This is unfortunately the end of where the really good material is for me. I have so far not been able to sit through more than 2 minutes of Canarsie without feeling agitated and after a while bored too, although I admit I constantly listen to the first two seconds of the track just to hear that line Carnarsie. Where everyone looks the same. I'm not sure how funny that was intended to be, but it never fails to amuse me, sometimes just makes me crack up laughing. The rest of the song is seriously boring to me, and the guitar playing isn't that great sounding either to be honest, which is not something I want to say considering how much I respect Zappa's talent, but I'm not going to hide the truth of how I felt about it. There is nothing really that exciting about the rest of the album that I feel is worth mentioning, sure it's not bad, but if it doesn't excite me I can't see what I can really say about it other than it just seemed average and fairly uninspiring to my ears

Like the first part of the trilogy, I understand this albums place in history and for that I will give it better than the 2 I would have given it purely based on the musical value. and at least I'm constantly assured I can really like the first two songs.

Send comments to Petrovsk Mizinski (BETA) | Report this review (#170209) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 08, 2008

5 stars Typically Frank Zappa is a bit of satirist, and I must admit I am not much of a fan ( at least at the moment ) of his more comedic type albums. However, I've found that the Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar series and Guitar album are really well written and are excellent instrumentals both for their feel ... (read more)

Report this review (#44994) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRANK ZAPPA "Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More"