FACED WITH RAGE

6. Avenge (3:56)
7. Revere (4:24)
8. Unforgivable (5:56)
9. Everdrive (8:02)
10. Fame and Silence (5:03)

- Darran Charles / Guitars, Vocals, Keys, Synths
- Tom Price / Drums
- Dan Nelson / Bass
- Gavin Bushell / Guitar, Synths

Label: Kscope (KSCOPE468, KSCOPE966)
Format: CD, Digital, Vinyl

Godsticks Faced With Rage Vinyl 2 LP NEW sealed USD $43.51 Buy It Now 13 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage [CD] USD $14.82 Buy It Now 13 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage NEW LP USD $25.62 Buy It Now 14 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage NEW CD USD $13.20 Buy It Now 15 days
GODSTICKS - FACED WITH RAGE - NEW - DOUBLE LP RECORD USD $28.68 Buy It Now 15 days
Godsticks-Faced With Rage (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $26.05 Buy It Now 16 days
Faced With Rage - Godsticks Vinyl Free Shipping! USD $32.67 Buy It Now 19 days
Faced With Rage - Godsticks Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $22.04 Buy It Now 19 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage 802644896618 (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $26.53 Buy It Now 20 days
GODSTICKS - FACED WITH RAGE - NEW - DOUBLE LP RECORD USD $31.81 Buy It Now 22 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $31.29 Buy It Now 23 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.03 Buy It Now 25 days
Godsticks-Faced With Rage (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $24.25 Buy It Now 27 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage [New CD] USD $14.27 Buy It Now 28 days
Godsticks - Faced With Rage [New CD] USD $14.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy GODSTICKS music online Buy GODSTICKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GODSTICKS Faced with Rage ratings distribution

GODSTICKS Faced with Rage reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Nope, this is not a prog metal album actually! Superficially the first impressions are going to unveil that, due to some prominent crunchy guitar riffs immediately appearing. Anyhow, certainly here we have a heavy rock based album overall. And, while contrasting with the vast amount of genre typical recordings, one that appeals to me very much. Lyrically they explore the theme of people dealing with emotional conflicts in various scenarios. For the first time this features a four-piece line up. I wasn't aware of this Wales based band beforehand, thus went on a listen completely unbiased.

Hey, they sound like a well-practised dynamic unit, top-notch sound, nothing fails, even Darran Charles' singing voice is rather unique. Instrumentally both guitars are definitely dominating. And so on the other hand the keys are an encore which nicely will top this issue off, exemplarily to notice on the mellow We Are Leaving. Furthermore I managed to detect some real pearls like Hard To Face, or the tricky Everdrive as well as Fame And Silence, both provided with some crimson-esque leanings. Well, that makes the difference, or not? 'Faced With Rage' offers heavy progressive stuff with a rather unique standing. Maybe, though only in a wider sense, close to Tool, Portal, Karnivool or Phi from Austria. Worth a try.

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator
4 stars One of the better collections of Prog Metal songs I've heard all year: tight, concise, well-composed and -performed with competent skill (though with all-too-little flash) and incredible clarity of sound (especially considering this is prog metal--a typically muddy and murky sub-genre of music). My main complaint is that the music is sometimes too conservative and too simplistic--soft around the edges--especially for djenty prog metal.

1. "Guilt" (4:31) musically a nice start, but then the singing, verses and horrible chord progression for the chorus enter into play. Some of the things going on within the music are interesting--until they get too repetitive and old. (8/10)

2. "Hard to Face" (6:10) "simple" prog metal or heavy metal--a song that would get a lot of play on XM/Sirius's Octane station. (9/10)

3. "Open Your Eyes" (5:04) nothing very new or exciting on this standard heavy prog song.(7.5/10)

4. "We Are Leaving" (6:49) opens like a delicate ANATHEMA song, drums and bass joining in during the second verse. The song then goes into KARNIVOOL realms with Ian Kenny-like vocal. It evens tells the sci-fi like story of leaving (the planet?) Things amp up (slightly) at 4:35 while never getting too crazy (or even crazy at all; it's very restrained). Pretty but nothing very special. (8.5/10)

5. "Angry Concern" (6:34) a little edgier, djentier sounding, despite some nice solos, the song never really develops into anything better than an ALICE IN CHAINS b-side. (8/10)

6. "Avenge" (3:56) solid but too straightforward with no unexpected moments, none of the nuance surprises that feed my soul. (8.5/10)

7. "Revere" (4:24) opens in a cool almost-rehearsal way before turning into a radio-friendly ALICE IN CHAINS/KLONE song. Still, the sounds, weaves, melodies, and vocals are all perfectly matched. This is a heavy pop song that I would request and replay. (9/10)

8. "Unforgivable" (5:56) Finally! some thick, heavy bass and guitar chord play. Nice subtlety touches within the music--with and without the singing. I just wish there were a few twists or turns--and a little more exciting soloing. Still, a top three song for me. (9/10)

9. "Everdrive" (8:02) A song that feels like a true prog metal song with its djenty staccato time signature changes and full-on band soundscape explorations. One of the few songs in which the music attracts my attention over the vocals. And they even take a few surprising turns along the way. More of this, please! (9.5/10)

10. "Fame and Silence" (5:03) almost feels a personalized take on LED ZEPPELIN's "Kashmir." Very nice lead guitar solo in the third minute. Gets a little more dense, heavy, and full toward the end, but still leaves me disappointed. This could be so much more! (8.5/10)

Four stars; a very good contribution of progressive rock music, one that is worth checking out by all prog lovers.

Review by kev rowland
4 stars The latest album from welsh proggers Godsticks showed some changes in the band, as for the first time it sees them as a four-piece with drummer Tom Price, who replaces Steve Roberts (who had been in the band since 2010) and additional guitarist Gavin Bushell, which allows the band to be more aggressive and punchy than previously. They join Darran Charles (who also performed on The Pineapple Thief's 2016 hit album 'Your Wilderness' and is part of their live touring band) who provides vocals and guitar along with bassist Dan Nelson. Lyrically, 'Faced With Rage' explores the theme of people dealing with emotional conflict in different scenarios, and who have a powerful desire to change their behaviour or situation.

These guys are very much in the modern field of progressive rock, taking influences from Tool, Porcupine Tree, System of a Down, Radiohead and the aforementioned The Pineapple Thief and Bruce Soord. Actually, unless they're careful they might even find themselves becoming beloved of the mainstream media as they are far more angular and indie rocky than one would normally think of with a prog act. With their approach and layering wall of sound there are also times when they come across as a more vibrant and energised Muse, and when listening to this I often find myself having closed my eyes and am just moving to the beat, nto something one would normally expect from prog!

I know I am late to the piece, as the album has already been out six months, but I am incredibly glad that I have finally heard it, as it is well worth investigating by anyone who has ever bemoaned that too many prog acts sound like Genesis.

Post a review of GODSTICKS "Faced with Rage"