QITARA

4. Sister Six (5:33)
5. Soliloquist (2:58)
6. Moonlight Mesa (4:40)
7. Red and Orange (5:25)
8. Faces in Reflection (3:38)
9. Hot Sands (3:53)
10. The White City (3:23)
11. Agni Rahasya (4:49)

- Johannes Luley / guitars, bass, keyboards, composer & producer

With:
- Robin Hathaway / vocals
- Ryan Downe / vocals
- Morten Kier / vocals, Fender Rhodes (8)
- Otmaro Ruiz / grand piano (2)
- Scott Kinsey / organ & synth (7)
- Katisse Buckingham / soprano sax solo (1)
- Michael Hunter / flugelhorn (2)
- Christian Hammer / brass section (11)
- Jason Lobell / upright bass (2)
- Edoardo Talenti / drums
- Dicki Fliszar / drums (8)

CD My Sonic Temple ‎- MST1701 (2017, US)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy JOHANNES LULEY Qitara Music

QitaraQitara
My Sonic Temple
$13.89

More places to buy JOHANNES LULEY music online Buy JOHANNES LULEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

JOHANNES LULEY Qitara ratings distribution

JOHANNES LULEY Qitara reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
5 stars Sometime approximately a million years ago, Johannes contacted me to let me know about his band Moth Vellum. These days he is probably more well-known for being in Perfect Beings, but somehow he has also found time to release his second solo album only five years after the first. Now, I was a big fan of that when it was released, so was intrigued to hear what the new one was going to be like, so somehow managed to delete the files he sent me and it was only months later that I realised that I hadn't reviewed the album back in October when I meant to! So, here we are on the last day of March, and I am finally sitting down to put some words against what this album actually means.

This is a long way from what I would normally expect to hear from Johannes, either solo or in a band format, as here he has gone back to his roots, as apparently he grew up with the Canterbury sound. His father, an avid jazz lover, turned him on to George Duke and John Abercrombie, and these two heroes of Johannes' are honoured with the cover tracks "Faces in Reflection" and "Red and Orange". Again, this album is mostly instrumental, but there are some vocals, which do include one Ryan Downe, so two members of Moth Vellum are back together again. This is an album that has been heavily influenced by fusion, and also world music, so much so that one never knows what the next track is going to bring. This is a real voyage, as one moves through the music with Johannes as a guide, sometimes playing acoustic, sometimes electric, sometimes driving the music forward and sometimes letting the brass take the lead. This is incredibly eclectic, yet it all somehow makes sense as well. It is one of the most deep, reflective, and energising albums I have been lucky enough to come across, and yet again shows what an incredible force he can be.

I doubt that very few will be lucky enough to come across this album, but those who are that fortunate will all agree that this a real gem, something very special indeed.

Post a review of JOHANNES LULEY "Qitara"