NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

DAMES AT SEA The New 1930's Musical UK LP Music JIM WISE Original LONDON CAST US $21.00 Buy It Now 31m
Original Cast Recording Annie 30Th Anniversary Broadway Production CD New US $25.57 Buy It Now 32m 13s
Reel to Reel Music Purlie Broadway Cast Recording - Sealed US $12.00 Buy It Now 35m 15s
SOUNDTRACK: Marco The Magnificent (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 37m 36s
Smokey Joe's Cafe: The Songs of Leiber and Stoller by Original Broadway Cast (CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
40m 50s
West Side Story Original Broadway Cast [Bonus Tracks] Remaster](CD 1998) MINT US $10.00 Buy It Now 41m 14s
3 X CD box set. Superman Lives! A full cast audio drama. Time Warner audio book. US $8.99 Buy It Now 44m 9s
State Fair [Original Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Jun-1996) MINT US $12.00 Buy It Now 44m 25s
Annie Get Your Gun w/ Bernadette Peters & Tom Wopat ~ Broadway Cast Recording CD US $4.00 [0 bids]
44m 47s
ORIGINAL CAST: Weill: Mahagonny (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 49m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - GRANGE HILL - CAST JUST SAY NO - RESL 183 US $11.92 Buy It Now 50m 3s
Peter Pan (1997 Studio Cast), , Cast Recording US $6.60 Buy It Now 50m 14s
GERTRUDE LAWRENCE "THE KING AND I" EP ORIG. CAST ALBUM US $7.00 Buy It Now 50m 53s
CATS / LONDON CAST / COMPACT DISC / 2x CD / Andrew Lloyd Webber US $1.49 [0 bids]
51m 19s
(DT812) Cast, Hold On Tight - 2012 DJ CD US $4.18 Buy It Now 52m 16s
A CHORUS LINE -- Original cast LP -- 1975 US $4.00 Buy It Now 52m 24s
Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope Cast Micki Grant US Vinyl LP US $14.75 Buy It Now 56m 36s
HELLO DOLLY / ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST / COMPACT DISC / CD / Carol Channing US $1.49 [0 bids]
56m 53s
THE MUSIC MAN - ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST - REEL TO REEL 7 1/2 IPS - ROBERT PRESTON US $10.75 [0 bids]
58m 9s
SOUNDS ORCHESTRAL - CAST YOUR FATE TO THE WIND/TO WENDY WITH LOVE (7N.35206) 7" US $5.10 Buy It Now 1h
FALSETTOLAND / ORIGINAL CAST / COMPACT DISC / CD / MADE IN CANADA US $3.99 [0 bids]
1h
Hairspray (Original Broadway Cast Recording) (CD, Aug-2002, Sony) MINT US $4.79 Buy It Now 1h
Moving Mountains "Waves" LP O OOP Thrice The Appleseed Cast Say Anything Caspian US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
STILLROVEN Cast thy burden upon lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
CAST - COLLECTION NEW CD US $14.40 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Guys and Dolls: Original Cast Album - Near Perfect US $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Original Broadway Cast JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LP/ Program/ Sheet Music US $2.99 [0 bids]
Sesame Street's Original Cast Book & Record~lp vinyl record Columbia UNOPENED! US $7.50 [0 bids]
The Drowsy Chaperone [Original Broadway Cast] (CD 2006) MINT US $19.19 Buy It Now 1h 22m
A Class Act ~ A Musical About Musicals ~ Original Cast Recording ~ Edward Kleban US $3.99 [0 bids]
Original Cast Recording: HELLO DOLLY (w/Carol Channing) (RCA) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Original Cast Recording: CATS (Geffen - 2LP Set) US $2.49 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Original Cast Recording: ANNIE (Columbia) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
The King and I/Golden City-London Cast-2004 Sepia UK! US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Kiss of the Spider Woman [Original Broadway Cast] (CD 1993) MINT US $4.79 Buy It Now 1h 26m
FOLLIES ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Seussical the Musical (ocr) - Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.10 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Cowardly Custard Original Cast Recording/Noel Coward RCA 2LP LSO-6010 Sealed NEW US $29.75 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Oh, Brother! Comedy in Middle East/Original Broadway Cast OC 8342 Sealed NEW US $27.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Original Broadway Cast LP RCA Victor 1964 Stereo IN SHRINK US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Forbidden Broadway by Original Cast Recording [Vinyl VG+ | Cover VG] US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 42m
FUNDRAISER: Mary Martin, The Sound of Music Original Cast (1959 Columbia 6-eye) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Original Cast LP STILL SEALED Decca 1955 Stereo ETHEL MERMAN US $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 44m
TOPOL IN FIDDLER ON THE ROOF ORIGINAL LONDON CAST (Factory Sealed) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Gypsy [2008 Broadway Revival Cast] [Barnes & Noble Exclusive] by Patti LuPone... US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
SOUNDTRACK: Capricorn One (soundtrack & cast LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Brigadoon 1947 Original Broadway Cast Alan Jay Lerner Frederick Loewe RCA CD US $10.76 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Frank Loesser's Guys & Dolls Original Cast EXCELLENT 12" LP1955 DECCA STEREO 1st US $2.99 [0 bids]
Your A Good Man Charlie Brown / Original Cast LP Polygram 820-262-1 Y-1 Nice! US $9.89 Buy It Now 1h 53m
High School Musical [CD + G] by Original Cast (CD, Jan-2006, Walt Disney) US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
CAST ~ 3 TRACK CD ~ FREE ME / RELEASE MY SOUL / DANCING ON THE FLAMES US $4.69 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Otis Redding Glee Cast Amos Lee 2013 DJ CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT - THE SMELL OF THE CROWD Broadway Cast LP IN SHRINK RCA US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 56m
And the World Goes Round-1991-Original Cast-CD US $18.73 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Cast of Thousands Elbow CD 2004 Original V2 Limited 2CD set plays perfect US $7.20 Buy It Now 1h 56m
The Who's Tommy [Original Cast Recording](2 CD, Jul-1993) MINT US $7.60 Buy It Now 1h 59m
The Original Broadway Cast Recording Finian's Rainbow Columbia CS 2080 US $2.97 [0 bids]
2h
London Cast CD: Blood Brothers US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Anything Goes New Broadway Cast Recording Lincoln Center US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Hair Original Broadway Cast Recording Soundtrack LP Record VG++ 1968 Pressing US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
RAISIN Original Broadway Cast LP Columbia Masterworks 1973 Musical US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
NO NO NANETTE: THE NEW 1925 MUSICAL Original Cast LP STILL SEALED Columbia 1973 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
ORIGINAL CAST: Mary Poppins (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) shrink US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 16m
(PROMO) TWIGGY AND TOMMY TUNE MY ONE AND ONLY CAST RECORDING LP RECORD ALBUM! US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Wonderful Town - Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $38.47 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Eric Michael Gillett "Cast of Thousands" OOP cd US $44.90 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Camelot LP record album -- Original Broadway Cast -- R. Burton - J. Andrews US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Cast of Thousands by Elbow (CD, Jul-2003, V2 (USA)) US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 22m
+ A Family Affair - Original Cast Recordings CD near mint! US $9.79 Buy It Now 2h 24m
+ Robert & Elizabeth - Original Chichester Cast - CD near mint! US $13.08 Buy It Now 2h 26m
+ The New Moon 2003 Encores! Revival Concert Cast CD near mint BROADWAY US $15.38 Buy It Now 2h 26m
+ The Water Gipsies - Original London Cast CD excellent condition US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
+ Tovarich by Original Broadway Cast CD excellent condition US $8.64 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Contact Original Cast Recording NEW FACTORY SEALED US $12.99 [0 bids]
SOUNDTRACK: The Big Country (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) UK, gatefold cover US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
MENOTTI LP BOX SET 50'S near mint ORIGINAL CAST NBC TV amahl and night visitors US $3.98 [0 bids]
Zorro Original Cast Zorro Original Cast Recording CD (UK Import) NEW US $20.48 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Vtg Mary Martin Sound Of Music Broadway Cast 4 Track Reel To Reel W/Box Columbia US $2.99 [0 bids]
ANNIE - BROADWAY CAST SOUNDTRACK CD (BONUS Trax) *NEW* US $11.57 Buy It Now 2h 37m
SOUNDTRACK: Sister Sister (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
LONDON CAST: Are You Lonesome Tonight? (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) UK US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
CAST I´M SO LONELY 4TRK SINGLE CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
KISMET - THE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST - New & Sealed CD US $6.23 Buy It Now 2h 42m
SOUNDTRACK: The Leopard (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) (Mono), UA library toc US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
1989 London Cast Brigadoon CD (UK Import) NEW US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
ERNEST IN LOVE Off Broadway Original Cast LP 1960 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
SOUNDTRACK: 8 On The Lam (soundtrack & cast LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
THE WIZARD OF OZ - ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM - JAPANESE IMPORT-CD US $0.99 [1 bids]
FISH "Fellini Days" (ORG)Clepsydra,Shakary,Cast,Metaphor,Citizen Cain US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
* TWO BY TWO * DANNY KAYE * ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING * S 30338 * SEALED !!! * US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Stan Freeberg With The Original Cast(Capitol..1959) VG LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
* IRENE * DEBBIE REYNOLDS * ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM * SEALED !!! * KS 32266 * US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 48m
CAST WALKAWAY 4TRK SINGLE CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Anthony Quinn-"Zorba" cast recording,vinyl,excellent shape,one owner,RCA US $2.99 [0 bids]
SOUNDTRACK: Sweet Charity (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) (Mono), shrink US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Jennifer Holliday 45 w/ps I AM CHANGING / CADILLAC CAR The Cast ~ VG++ US $2.46 Buy It Now 2h 52m
MARSHMALLOW GHOSTS "Shrieks and Creaks" 7" 27/500 Appleseed Cast punk indie US $19.99 [0 bids]
Original London Cast Lend Me A Tenor CD (UK Import) NEW US $21.86 Buy It Now 2h 54m
The ROCKY HORROR SHOW -- Original Roxy Cast -- 1974 release Vinyl LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"