NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

Take Me Along [Original Cast Recording] by Jackie Gleason (CD, May-1994, RCA) US $6.95 Buy It Now 32m 57s
The Will Rogers Follies [Original Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Aug-1991, Sony... US $5.95 Buy It Now 34m 13s
Annie Get Your Gun [1966 Broadway Revival Cast] by Original Cast (CD,... US $7.95 Buy It Now 34m 13s
Cast Of Cheers - Family NEW CD US $10.69 Buy It Now 34m 59s
Crazy for You (1992 Original Broadway Cast) US $3.96 Buy It Now 35m 6s
POPPIE NONGENA - Cast Recording - Ex Con LP Record US $18.22 Buy It Now 37m 7s
Used CD - The Stillroven - Cast Thy Burden Upon US $19.99 Buy It Now 37m 11s
Hooray for Daisy - Original London Cast New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $24.04 Buy It Now 37m 22s
Original Cast(Vinyl LP)Charlie Girl-CBS-BPG 62627-UK-Ex/NM US $24.85 Buy It Now 38m 2s
GODSPELL: NEW BROADWAY CAST / O.C.R. NEW CD US $24.30 Buy It Now 38m 10s
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - FORBIDDEN BROADWAY: 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - NEW CD US $13.88 Buy It Now 38m 34s
Camelot [Original Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (Cassette) US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 53s
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - MR. PRESIDENT [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST] - NEW CD US $13.79 Buy It Now 39m 36s
Privates On Parade (Original London Cast Recording) - Royal Shakespeare (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 42m 20s
High School Musical by High School Musical Cast (CD, Aug-2006, Walt Disney) US $0.99 [0 bids]
43m 26s
Festival original cast CD Michael Rupert Bill Hutton US $49.00 Buy It Now 43m 44s
1978 Opryland Cast Album "Country Music USA" LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 43m 59s
Pump Boys & Dinettes (ocr) - Cast Recording New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.69 Buy It Now 45m 40s
CHU CHIN CHOW - Show - Cast Recording - Excellent Condition LP Record MFP 1012 US $13.25 Buy It Now 46m 59s
Trixie True Teen Detective - Cast Recording New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.90 Buy It Now 47m 32s
SOUNDTRACK: Change For The Better LP (sm toc, sl cw) rare Soundtrack US $60.00 Buy It Now 47m 36s
CABARET (ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST) CD JILL HAWORTH LOTTE LENYA 1998 REMASTER US $7.94 Buy It Now 49m 5s
The Scarlet Pimpernel Soundtrack CD - Original Broadway Cast Recording US $3.59 Buy It Now 51m 40s
London Cast - Oliver! [CD New] US $6.95 Buy It Now 55m 37s
Cabaret (Original Broadway Cast) by Cabaret US $0.99 [0 bids]
1h
CAST Live The Dream PROMO CD 4trks Card slv. The La's John Power US $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 3m
SOUNDTRACK: Une Semaine De Vacances (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Original Broadway Cast Recording 42nd Street 16 Track Vinyl Album US $14.08 Buy It Now 1h 4m
State Fair [Original Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (CD, 1996, DRG) SEALED -NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
London Cast - Great Balls Of Fire [CD New] US $13.30 Buy It Now 1h 6m
London Cast - Blues In The Night [CD New] US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Passing Strange [Original Broadway Cast Recording] [PA] by Original Cast,... US $6.95 [0 bids]
Dreamgirls - Original Cast (CD 1990) US $4.90 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Broadway Cast - Dude [CD New] US $18.03 Buy It Now 1h 13m
MBONGENI NGEMA AND MEMBERS OF THE CAST OF SARAFINA TIME TO UNITE LP MLPS9811 US $5.60 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Me Nobody Knows [Original Cast Recording] [LP] by Original Cast (Vinyl,... US $3.00 [0 bids]
Man of La Mancha original London cast LP record US $3.00 [0 bids]
Camelot - London Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.23 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Kiss Me Kate - Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $40.42 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Dames At Sea - London Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.23 Buy It Now 1h 20m
I Remember Mama - Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.23 Buy It Now 1h 20m
SEALED 1986 ME and MY GIRL Original Cast Soundtrack LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Anne of Green Gables (ocr) - Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.23 Buy It Now 1h 20m
RCA Records AYL1-4113 Lionel Bart's "Oliver!" Original Broadway Cast Used US $4.88 [0 bids]
CAST original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 685-1 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Funny Girl: Original 1964 Broadway Cast - Streisand, Chaplin (CD BMG Angel, AM) US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
ENCORE 1 2LP STEREO UK LES MISERABLES ORIGINAL LONDON CAST EXC+ US $22.47 [27 bids]
The Producers [Original Broadway Cast Recording] by Matthew Broderick/Nathan Lan US $0.40 [0 bids]
RARE MINT ORIGINAL CAST LP~SILK STOCKINGS~COLE PORTER US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
CAST original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 685-2 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 34m
2 LP Original Broadway Cast AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' Stereo RCA CBL2-2965 NM / VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
DEATH OF A SALESMAN ORIGINAL CAST DOUBLE LP MCA RECORDS NM US $6.39 Buy It Now 1h 35m
CAST original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 685-3 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 36m
My Fair Lady-1956 Orig. Cast Recording (CD 1988)Harrison Andrews GR8 SHAPE! US $1.99 [0 bids]
MACK & MABEL Original Cast LP Bernadette Peters US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
MACK & MABEL Original Cast UK LP Bernadette Peters US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
IRMA LA DOUCE Original Cast SEALED LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
LP Original Broadway Cast CARNIVAL Stereo MGM E39460C VG / VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE ADDAMS FAMILY ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING SEALED CD NEW ANDREW LIPPA US $6.30 Buy It Now 1h 47m
CAST original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 685-4 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 48m
VINTAGE LP RECORD SGT. PRESTON OF THE YUKON. ORIGINAL RADIO BROAD CAST, 1977 GOL US $3.19 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Bombay Dreams (Original London Cast Recording) by Original Cast CD Brand New US $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 48m
CABARET - KANDER & EBB Original Cast LP (1966) US $3.99 [0 bids]
West Side Story CD - Original Broadway Cast (Carol Lawrence, Larry Kert) US $3.49 Buy It Now 1h 52m
FINGS AIN'T WOT THEY USED TO BE, ORIGINAL LONDON CAST, LP 1983 UK EX/EX- US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 56m
THE MUSIC MAN ORIGINAL CAST SEALED LP VINYL RECORD ROBERT PRESTON US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
MILK AND HONEY ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST OST LP STEREO LSO-1065 US $5.60 Buy It Now 1h 58m
SHE LOVES ME ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM LP STEREO SE 41180C-2 US $4.10 Buy It Now 2h
THE HAPPY TIME OST ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST LP STEREO LSO-1144 US $4.48 Buy It Now 2h
Various - Sound Of Music Cast Album NEW CD US $8.14 Buy It Now 2h 4m
The Shadows Cast Every New Day CD US $6.22 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Cast-Original, Company Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Cy Coleman, Ira Gasman, The Life (1997 Original Broadway Cast) Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman, Mar, Hairspray (2002 Original Broadway Cast) Audio US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Annie [Original Broadway Cast] [Remastered] [Remaster] by Original Cast (CD,... US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Man Of La Mancha (Original Cast CD Kiley-Jacobsen...(1985) GR8 SHAPE! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Cabaret Original Broadway Cast CD with Bonus Tracks [Remaster] .. US $5.75 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Oklahoma (ocr) - Original Cast 11272526 US $9.97 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Lp Angela Lansbury Dear World Jerry Herman Original Cast BOS 3260 Sealed US $4.99 [0 bids]
Cast Alright CD Superb Maxi Single NEW US $4.13 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Cast Magic Hour CD 2 Single US $3.73 Buy It Now 2h 14m
NINE - RAUL JULIA - ORIGINAL CAST U.S. VINYL LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Phantom of the Opera - Original London Cast - 2CD Box Set...Andrew Lloyd Webber US $1.99 [1 bids]
Record Album LP: JOY - THE ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING NEW! SEALED! US $3.49 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Walking Happy Original Broadway Cast Capitol Sealed LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Dreamboats and Petticoats (The Cast Recording Soundtrack) (CD New) US $18.22 Buy It Now 2h 18m
NEW ? KISMET ORIGINAL CAST MUSIC THEATER LINCOLN CENTER US $13.50 Buy It Now 2h 18m
NEW ? WALKING HAPPY ORIG. BROADWAY CAST (8XO-2631) SS US $13.50 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Nine [London Concert Cast Recording] by Jonathan Pryce (CD, Oct-1992, RCA) PROMO US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
RODGERS, RICHARD - OKLAHOMA! [1979 BROADWAY REVIVAL CAST] - NEW CD US $8.24 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Movin' Out [Original Cast Recording] by Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-2002, Sony US $0.99 [0 bids]
TIME REMEMBERED: 1957 MERCURY 20380 ORIGINAL CAST VG++ LP; MUSIC BY VERNON DUKE US $14.99 [0 bids]
HAIR THE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING WITH ACTRESS DIANE KEATON US $1.98 [0 bids]
Blood Brothers [London Cast] by London Revival Cast (CD, May-1993, RCA Victor... US $4.73 Buy It Now 2h 40m
LP Original Broadway Cast MAME Stereo Columbia KOS-3000 EX / VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
Green Day - American Idiot Original Broadway Cast 2x LP G/F Reprise Records US $39.99 [0 bids]
LP Original Broadway Cast THE MOST HAPPY FELLA Mono Columbia OL 5118 VG+ / EX US $5.99 [0 bids]
Leave It To Jane (1959 Revival Cast) / Oh, Kay! (1960 Revival Cast) 2 on 1 CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
SOUNDTRACK: Annie Get Your Gun (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Carousel [Original Cast Recording] [Remaster] by Jan Clayton (CD, May-2000,... US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"