NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

Camelot Original Broadway Cast Columbia LP 33 KOS 2031 Columbia Masterworks US $7.22 Buy It Now 29m 31s
French Cast - Les Miserables [CD New] US $22.46 Buy It Now 29m 36s
All Change by Cast (U.K.) (CD, Sep-1995, A&M (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
30m 31s
CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN TALES ORNA & MOSHE DATZ (ESC) ISRAEL HEBREW MUSICAL CAST US $40.00 Buy It Now 31m 50s
Leap Of Faith by Original Broadway Cast Soundtrack (CD, Dec-2012, Ghostlight) US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 17s
Allegro - Rodgers & Hammerstein - Original Broadway Cast - LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 37m 7s
NM Fiddler on the Roof original cast LP . Jerry Bock US $5.50 Buy It Now 37m 11s
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST plain and fancy LP VG S-603 Capitol 1955 Mono USA US $10.00 Buy It Now 37m 52s
ORIGINAL CAST: The Tap Dance Kid LP (sm corner bend) Soundtrack US $12.00 Buy It Now 40m 31s
SOUNDTRACK: Seventeen LP (Mono, UK, sl cw, tags oc) Soundtrack & Cast US $15.00 Buy It Now 40m 36s
1957 The Music Man Vinyl Record Album-Original Cast of Broadway Musical US $4.95 [0 bids]
41m 2s
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CA - PARADE [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $4.54 Buy It Now 41m 51s
The Bubbly Black Girl Sheds Her Chameleon Skin Original Cast CD '07 US $3.00 Buy It Now 42m 24s
ORIGINAL CAST simply heavenly LP Mint- OL 5240 CBS Mono 1957 USA 6 Eye US $25.00 Buy It Now 46m 19s
Fosse [Original Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Apr-1999, RCA Victor) US $5.99 Buy It Now 47m 4s
Carousel [1987 Studio Cast] by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (Cassette, Oct-1990, US $5.99 Buy It Now 47m 4s
"Unsinkable Molly Brown, The" 1960's Broadway LP, SEALED!!, Original Cast, Vinyl US $6.95 Buy It Now 48m 21s
TELEVISION CAST: The Jetsons; First Family On The Moon (soundtrack US $20.00 Buy It Now 50m 39s
1962 Oliver! Vinyl Record Album--Original Cast of Broadway Musical--Lionel Bart US $4.95 [0 bids]
51m 29s
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST spoon river anthology LP Mint- OS 2410 Stereo 1963 US CBS US $250.00 Buy It Now 51m 34s
(NEW in Unopened Package) Xanadu on Broadway Original Cast Recording CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 51m 43s
1953 Kismet Vinyl Record Album--Original Cast of Broadway Musical--Alfred Drake US $3.95 [0 bids]
52m 13s
1960 Camelot Vinyl Record Album--Original Cast Broadway Musical--Andrews--Burton US $4.95 [0 bids]
52m 54s
SOUNDTRACK: Alamo Bay LP (sm toc) Soundtrack & Cast US $12.00 Buy It Now 53m 56s
1971 No No Nanette Revival Vinyl Record Album-Original Cast of Broadway Musical US $4.95 [0 bids]
54m 49s
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST boys in the band 2 LP Mint- SP-6001 Stereo 1969 USA A US $45.00 Buy It Now 57m 36s
Cast - The Collection NEW CD US $5.66 Buy It Now 58m 2s
Milk And Honey Soundtrack Orig Broadway Cast LP RCA LOC-1065 US $2.99 [0 bids]
59m 27s
A Chorus Line Original Cast Recording Vinyl Music Record Album PS 33581 US $2.99 [0 bids]
1h
The Sound of Music" Original Broadway Cast Mary Martin KOL 5450 US $5.99 [0 bids]
1h
Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album by Glee Cast US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h
Les Mis‚rables [Original London Cast Recording] by Original Soundtrack (CD,... US $4.99 [1 bids]
Omni Trio - Even Angels Cast Shadows (2001) - classic jungle very good condition US $12.10 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Cast - Collection [CD New] US $10.92 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Sullivan Years: Best Of Broadway, Vol. 2, Various Artists, Good Cast Recordi US $6.79 Buy It Now 1h 7m
1960 "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" Vinyl Record Album + Program--Original Cast US $4.95 [0 bids]
Original 1989 London Cast Recording - Anything Goes (CD) US $8.86 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Venom 2 CD Cast in Stone bathory celtic frost possessed motorhead sodom sabbat US $3.49 [1 bids]
Jesus Christ Superstar [Highlights: the 20th Anniversary London Cast/14... US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
People Vs Friar Laurence the Man Who Killed Romeo - Cast Recording New US $22.43 Buy It Now 1h 12m
FAME : THE MUSICAL - ORIGINAL LONDON CAST RECORDING / CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
SOUTH PACIFIC - ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST / MARY MARTIN, EZIO PINZA/ AUDIO CASSETTE US $6.37 Buy It Now 1h 12m
ANYTHING GOES - 1989 LONDON CAST RECORDING / AUDIO CASSETTE US $6.37 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Cast - Com.Union [CD New] US $23.38 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Broadway Revival Cast - King & I [CD New] US $28.67 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Cast - Imaginary Window [CD New] US $17.52 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Original Broadway Cast - Aladdin [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Cast Recordings - Dirty Dancing [CD New] US $7.29 Buy It Now 1h 16m
SOUNDTRACK: Sunburn LP (shrink, lite corner crease) rare Soundtrack US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Broadway Cast - Pacific Overtures [CD New] US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
GREASE The Original Broadway Cast Album [Vinyl LP] US $12.89 Buy It Now 1h 19m
movin out cd original broadway cast BILLY JOEL US $1.99 [0 bids]
South Pacific (ocr) - New Broadway Cast New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $15.48 Buy It Now 1h 22m
1959 Fiorello! Vinyl Record Album-Original Cast of Broadway Musical--Tom Bosley US $4.95 [0 bids]
1954 The Pajama Game Vinyl Record Album--Original Cast of Broadway Musical US $4.95 [0 bids]
Shylock! Original Musical Cast [CD New] US $66.03 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Original Cast - Peter Pan [CD New] US $7.22 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Revival London Cast - Listen To The Wind (Revival London Cast) [CD New] US $33.01 Buy It Now 1h 27m
ORIGINAL CAST ANDY GRIFFITH destry rides again LP Mint- DL 9075 Decca 1959 Mono US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
New Starlight Express - Original London Cast [CD New] US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
1950 Guys & Dolls Vinyl Record Album--Original Cast of Broadway Musical US $4.95 [0 bids]
Into the Woods Original Broadway Cast Recording Stephen Sondheim CD Album US $32.25 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Evita New Broadway cast recording CD Sealed ! New ! 2012 Ricky Martin US $9.25 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Catch My Soul (P.P. Arnold, P.J. Proby) (Original Cast Recording) Rock Othello US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Sings at the Jazz Bakery by Robert Clary (CD, Jan-2000, Original Cast (Label)) US $8.99 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL CAST ROSALIND RUSSELL wonderful town LP Mint- DL 9010 Decca 1953 USA US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
GEORGIA BROWN STAR OF THE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST OF OLIVER! LP CORAL (Record) US $6.99 [2 bids]
CD Cats Selections From The Original Broadway Cast Recording US $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 34m
VARIOUS ARTISTS**RENT (ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST)*2 CD SET US $23.81 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Music Man: Original Broadway Cast Capitol SWAO 990 SEALED LP Reissue US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Charlie Girl: New London Production UK First Night CAST 3 SEALED LP Cyd Charisse US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
CAST - BEAT MAMA (3 TRK CD SINGLE) (REF C5) US $0.02 [0 bids]
Good Companions cd original cast recording US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - MOVIN' OUT [ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING] - NEW CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 39m
The World Goes Round:songs of Kan - Off-Broadway Cast New & Sealed Compact Disc US $12.75 Buy It Now 1h 42m
MARY MARTIN - PETER PAN ORIGINAL 1954 BROADWAY CAST US $10.00 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST little me LP Mint- LSO-1078 Living Stereo 1962 USA US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Lady in the Dark cd London cast recording US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Show Boat: World Premiere Cast Recording (UK Import) CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Nineteen-Thirty-Eight : Original Cast CD (1995) US $6.12 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Elbow - Cast Of Thousands CD FREE UK P&P !! US $8.05 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Little Me cd New Broadway Cast Recording Martin Short US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Shlomo Artzi Musical Cast Rare Israeli Colored Vinyl LP US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
SEALED VERY GOOD EDDIE Original Cast Soundtrack LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
CAST-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.82 Buy It Now 1h 51m
CAST-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.82 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Tango Argentina [Original Cast Recording] by Original Cast (CD, May-1991,... US $13.35 [0 bids]
Monty Python's Spamalot (2005 Original Broadway Cast) CD US $2.00 [2 bids]
Bernadette Peters - Dames at Sea cast LP - Near Mint! US $4.25 [0 bids]
Glee: The Music, Volume 1 by Glee Cast US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
The Unsinkable Molly Brown Broadway Cast SW2152 R VG- C EX+ (LP-11049) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h
BYE BYE BIRDY original Broadway cast cd US $4.82 [0 bids]
2h
SIDE SHOW original Broadway cast cd US $6.44 [1 bids]
The Andrews Sisters - Over Here! cast LP - Near Mint! US $4.25 [0 bids]
Billy Barnes' L.A. LP Orignal Cast Recording BB Records # 1001 Mono 1963 VG/VG+ US $5.40 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Israeli Cast Reacording - Fiddler On The Roof [CD New] US $33.98 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Sesame Street original cast Record and Book sets (4) Complete ( #1-3 + #9 ) US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Wild Party (Lippa) by Original Cast (CD, Jul-200... US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Swing! (Original Broadway Cast) by V US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Chicago [Original Broadway Cast Recording] (CD Album 1998) US $6.44 Buy It Now 2h 19m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"