NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

30m 37s
COLE PORTER - ANYTHING GOES [1989 LONDON REVIVAL CAST] - NEW CD US $22.00 Buy It Now 34m 24s
No Strings- Original Broadway Cast - Free UK Post US $17.20 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Frank Loesser , Audio CD, Greenwillow (1960 Original Broadway Cast) US $11.86 Buy It Now 42m 56s
Milk And Honey Soundtrack Orig Broadway Cast LP RCA LOC-1065 US $2.99 [0 bids]
49m 40s
London Cast - Biograph Girl [CD New] US $15.52 Buy It Now 51m 54s
Glee Cast - Glee: The Music-Journey To Regionals Ep [CD New] US $7.51 Buy It Now 52m 3s
David Heneker - Biograph Girl (Original London Cast) CD US $33.02 Buy It Now 58m 41s
Original Cast - Amazons CD US $35.56 Buy It Now 58m 43s
Origianl London Cast - Wildest Dreams CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 58m 53s
Original Cast - Belle CD US $38.10 Buy It Now 59m 3s
O Say Can You See - Original Cast CD US $19.93 Buy It Now 1h 14m
RCA RED SEAL ! SWEENEY TODD ORIGINAL CAST HIGHLIGHTS CD! ANGELA LANSBURY. US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
The Sentimental Bloke - 1960 Australa Original Cast - RARE OZ LP US $49.56 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Mary Poppins: The Live Cast Recording, , , Very Good Cast Recording US $23.36 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Music From The Life: A New Musical (1995 Concept Cast), Cy Coleman, Ira Gasman, US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
SAGA OF THE DINGBAT 1965 NEW YORK HERALD TRIBUNE Industrial Cast LP Ex/VG+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
OH! CALCUTTA ~ RARE! Original 1971 Australian Cast OST LP - Banned Performances US $61.04 Buy It Now 1h 34m
The Boy From OZ Original Cast Recording 20 Track CD 1998 EMI Peter Allen VGC US $8.59 Buy It Now 1h 39m
ORIGINAL 1951 CAST/O - GUYS AND DOLLS [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST] - NEW CD US $6.32 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Sweet Charity [Original Broadway Cast #2] by Gwen Ve... US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
GUYS & DOLLS - ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST (NEW SEALED CD) ORIGINAL RECORDING US $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 45m
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR CD ~ 1992 AUSTRALIAN CAST HIGHLIGHTS ~ JOHN FARNHAM *NEW* US $16.03 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Martin Guerre [1999 UK Tour Cast Recording] US $0.80 [0 bids]
Richard Rodgers - The King and I [Naxos] (2006) Original Broadway Cast US $1.61 [0 bids]
Spider Man:turn Off the Dark (ocr) - Cast Original New & Sealed Compact Disc Fre US $19.49 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Girl Crazy [1951 Studio Cast - Mary Martin] US $1.61 [0 bids]
Fiddler On The Roof, Original Cast Recording Vintage LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
J POP KENJI SAWADA M is Cast JAPAN CD 3500yen 1ST PRESS US $99.99 Buy It Now 2h
STREETS OF NEW YORK Private Pressing 1963 Cast LP NM David Cryer Autograph US $199.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
ORIGINAL LONDON CAST - SUNSET BOULEVARD [ORIGINAL LONDON CAST] - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.02 Buy It Now 2h 16m
STYNE, JULE - GYPSY [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST] [50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION] - NEW CD US $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 20m
VERY RARE MD / WEST SIDE STORY ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST / MINIDISC / HIMD US $64.69 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Rent [Original Broadway Cast Recording] by Original Broadway Cast (CD,... US $6.25 Buy It Now 2h 24m
VISIONS OF ATLANTIS - CAST AWAY - NPR152 US $19.77 Buy It Now 2h 26m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING - RUGGLES OF RED GAP - SPEC1034 US $14.72 Buy It Now 2h 30m
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown [1999 Broadway Revival Cast] (CD, Apr-2012,... US $5.60 Buy It Now 2h 31m
ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM/LP/FEUER & MARTIN PRESENTS/"GUYS & DOLLS"/STEREO US $9.35 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING - THE MUSICAL OF MUSICALS - CDJAY1376 US $20.98 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Rick Dees & Cast Of Idiots Rare 7" Disco Duck Pt.1-2 M- US $40.50 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Stephen Foster Story LP 1960s Cast Recording Bardstown Kentucky EX US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
LOW - THE CURTAIN HITS THE CAST - PLAIN172DCD US $41.45 Buy It Now 2h 36m
High School Musical 2: What Time Is It [Single] by High School Musical 2 Cast... US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE CAST 'GREENGOLD' CD US $20.27 Buy It Now 2h 36m
The Card~Original 1973 Cast recording UK LP VG+ Tony Hatch Jackie Trent  US $17.14 Buy It Now 2h 42m
CAST YOUR FATE TO THE WIND -60's Sheet music VINCE GUARALDI US $12.98 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Original Cast Recording~OZ 2XLP Cats NM 1981 Andrew Lloyd Webber Elaine Paige US $11.71 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Come spy with me~Original UK Cast recording LP VG+ '66 MONO Danny La Rue  US $16.23 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Aspects of Love [Original Cast Recording] by Michael Reed (Conductor)/Andrew... US $5.00 [0 bids]
ENNIO MORRICONE: Burn LP (shrink, co) rare Soundtrack & Cast US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
1987 Original Cast Recording Full Libretto Phantom of the Opera Two CD Set US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Pal Joey: Original Cast (New Cassette) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes Original Broadway Cast (New Cassette) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Chicago - London Theatre Orchestra and Cast US $1.62 Buy It Now 2h 54m
SEALED Original Cast IRMA LA DOUCE Columbia 6 Eye US $8.92 Buy It Now 2h 55m
GALT MacDERMOT~TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA [BROADWAY CAST]~1972 UK 35-TRACK 2LP SET US $14.61 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Carousel LP 1960s The Original Cast Album VG ++ enhanced for Stereo DL 97020 US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
THE BEATLES CORGI DIE CAST MODEL YELLOW SUBMARINE 05401 BOXED BRAND NEW MINT US $64.90 Buy It Now 3h 5m
PROMO WHITE LABEL BOYS TOWN GANG A CAST OF THOUSANDS US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
ORIGINAL CAST: The Great White Hope (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Original Cast Damn Yankees Gwen Verdon Rca Victor 1955 US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
BLONDEL1984 London Cast LP Paul Nicholas.Tim Rice/Stephen Oliver 2 x LP set A1! US $20.29 Buy It Now 3h 17m
10" 33 RPM, Players' Theatre The Boy Friend, Orig Cast UK, Masters DLP 1078, VG+ US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Joseph Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Broadway Cast CD Chrysalis 1982 Soundtrack US $13.49 Buy It Now 3h 27m
MARTIN PINZA SOUTH PACIFIC ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORD LP US $7.95 [0 bids]
NEW!!!! The Sound of Music (1998 New Broadway Cast Recording) CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
The King And I [Mono] Original Broadway Cast Decca DL 9008 VG/VG US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Hair Original Broadway Cast RCA Victor LSO-1150 VG/VG US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Camelot Original Broadway Cast Columbia LP 33 KOS 2031 Columbia Masterworks US $2.08 [0 bids]
Haelah Seasonal Needs Unsung Answers Cast Into 7" Lot with Sleeves Inserts NM US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 38m
LENNY Starring Cliff Gorman 2 Lp Set SEALED Original Broadway Cast. US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Cast-1997 magazine advert US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 40m
CAROUSEL NM- Players Unlimited LaGrange Joe Radous Mary Sewell Cast recording US $21.21 Buy It Now 3h 45m
MILK & HONEY VG+ Autographed signed Broadway cast Mimi Benzell Robert Weede US $39.06 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Pardon My English - 1966 Lincoln Center Cast (CD 1994) US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Capitol WAO 1321 mono Vg+ FIORELLO Original Broadway Cast -TOM BOSLEY.JERRY BOCK US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Original National Theater Cast - Guys and Dolls 24HR POST!! US $12.16 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Chicago [Original London Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Jul-1998, RCA) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Peter Pan (ocr) - Broadway Cast New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $13.26 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Columbia JS 33581 stereo Nm A Chorus Line Orginal Cast Recording MARVIN HAMLISCH US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
West Side Story CD - Original Broadway Cast (Carol Lawrence, Larry Kert) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Glee:music the Rocky Horror Glee Sho - Cast Glee New & Sealed Compact Disc Free US $9.89 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Anything Goes (ocr) - Broadway Cast New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $12.75 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Let's Sing Yiddish Original Broadway Cast Roulette SR42022 VG+/VG US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
ELBOW CAST OF THOUSANDS CD INDIE ROCK POP FOLK US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 57m
GODSPELL - A Special Cast Recording - Excellent Condition LP Record MFP 5271 US $12.97 Buy It Now 3h 58m
ORIGINAL 1953 BROADW - KISMET [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST 2009 REISSUE] - NEW CD US $6.72 Buy It Now 4h 2m
ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY-ORIG. CAST ALBUM 1978 COLUMBIA RECORDS JS 35330 MINT!! US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Babes in Arms [1989 Cast Recording] by New Jersey Symphony Orchestra/Evans... US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Sony cd Hairspray Original Broadway Cast US $4.50 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Monty Python's Spamalot Original Broadway Cast Recording CD (2005, Decca) MINT-) US $5.50 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Topdog & Underdog [PA] by Original Cast (CD, Jul-200... US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Soundtrack - Million Dollar Quartet [Original London Cast] (Live Recording)... US $8.03 Buy It Now 4h 9m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - PETER PAN [1997 STUDIO CAST] [ORIGINAL CAST - NEW CD US $12.05 Buy It Now 4h 10m
CRY FOR US ALL Orig. Broadway Cast Vinyl Lp SEALED US $35.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
1950s SEALED Original Broadway Cast Soundtrack THE KING AND I Decca MINT! LP @ US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
The Music Man - Original Broadway Cast - LP (33) US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 26m
RARE 4 Tk 12 Inch UK EP PS Timeless Melody THE LA'S Go Discs Records CAST US $5.66 [1 bids]
SHELBY FLINT pop rock 45 CAST YOUR FATE TO THE WIND / THE LILY ~ VG to VG+ US $2.87 Buy It Now 4h 37m
WILL ROGERS FOLLIES BROADWAY CAST CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"