NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

Grease [1994 Broadway Revival Cast] - 1 day shipping US $5.88 Buy It Now 33m 32s
THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST CAPITOL WITH SOUVENIR PROGRAM US $3.99 [0 bids]
38m 46s
Original Cast (Vinyl LP)Re Joyce-Legacy-LLP 129-UK-Ex/NM US $20.89 Buy It Now 40m 8s
Love Austin Original cast 2001 Rodeo Musical Soundtrack US $11.75 Buy It Now 50m 17s
Gypsy [The New Broadway Cast Recording] by Bernadette Peters (CD, Aug-2003,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
50m 42s
Various Artists - The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording - 3532162 US $20.58 Buy It Now 54m 41s
Cast Recording - Shrek-The Musical [CD New] US $9.52 Buy It Now 58m 45s
Addams Family - Original Cast Record [CD New] US $10.99 Buy It Now 58m 52s
Cast Of Mamma Mia The Movie - Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack - 1774183 US $9.33 Buy It Now 1h
SHOW BOAT 1993 TORONTO REVIVAL CAST CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h
Broadway Cast - Family Affair [CD New] US $12.82 Buy It Now 1h
MACK & MABEL cassette tape album ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING US $9.47 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Miss Saigon [Original London Cast Recording] by Original London Cast (CD, Feb... US $5.99 [1 bids]
Sunset Boulevard Blvd. [GERMANY] Original London Cast NEW Sealed (2 CD BOX SET) US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Movin' Out [Original Cast Recording] (CD, Oct-2002, Sony Music) Signed CD Case US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Leonardo: The Absolute Man - 2001 - Original Cast CD US $17.55 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom -2003-OrigBroadway Cast - 2CD US $43.94 Buy It Now 1h 19m
1954 ORIGINAL CAST ED1 girl in pink tights LP VG ML 4890 Mark Hellinger Playbill US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Show Boat - 1966 - Original Cast CD US $17.55 Buy It Now 1h 19m
St. Louis Woman - 1998 - Original New York Cast CD US $17.55 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Consuming Passions - 1996 -Original Musical Cast CD US $43.94 Buy It Now 1h 20m
The Rothschilds - 1970 - Original Broadway Cast CD US $17.55 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Topdog Underdog - 2001 - Original Broadway Cast CD US $17.55 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Omni Trio : Even Angels Cast Shadows CD (2001) US $15.26 Buy It Now 1h 24m
BY JEAVES ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER ORIG CAST RECORDING NEW US $7.03 Buy It Now 1h 28m
The Boy Friend - Original Cast Musical US $1.59 [0 bids]
Miss Saigon (Original 1989 London Cast) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
MY FAIR LADY original cast Rex Harrison /Julie Andrews LP on Vinyl Near Mint US $4.99 [0 bids]
Thoroughly Modern Millie (Original Broadway Cast) CD Sealed and NEW 21 Tracks US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Cast Alright CD Superb Maxi Single NEW US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Cast Magic Hour CD 2 Single US $3.62 Buy It Now 1h 47m
THE BEATLES CORGI DIE CAST MODEL NEWSPAPER TAXI & FIGURE BOXED BEATLEMANIA bnib US $25.72 [0 bids]
Les Miserables Original Broadway Cast (Early 1987 Geffen) (2 CD Box Set) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
CAST - TROUBLED TIMES - CASTRECCD1 US $17.51 Buy It Now 1h 50m
VENOM-Cast In Stone 1998 Deadline Music 2 CD's VG+ Great Deal******************* US $5.99 [0 bids]
Paint your wagon LP 1965 Original Cast Recording - EX vinyl US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
WHAT MAKES SAMMY RUN ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST LP KOS 2440 Massi Schulberg Drake US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
CAROL CHANNING Show Girl CAST RECORDING Forum 1950s LP Thick Heavy Duty US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
GUYS AND DOLLS 1955 NM Original Cast LP Album MONO Decca Records DL 9023 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
LES MISERABLES - HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE COMPLETE INTERNATIONAL CAST RECORDING US $8.02 Buy It Now 1h 53m
GIGI - Original Cast Sound Track Album - LP - M-G-M Records #E3641 ST US $10.50 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Summer of my German Soldier, Musical CD, Cast Recording, Jim Farley, David Brush US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
George M LP 1968 Original Broadway Cast ( stereo ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h
CAST ~ DESERT DROUGHT ~ 2001 UK 1 TRACK PROMO CD SINGLE ~ POLYDOR DESERT 1 US $5.63 Buy It Now 2h
The Music Man - Original Cast Preston SWA0990 Capitol 12" 33 rpm vinyl lp US $2.49 Buy It Now 2h
High School Musical 2: What Time Is It [Single] [ECD] by Original Cast (CD,... US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
High School Musical [Special Edition] [ECD] by Original Cast (CD, May-2006, 2... US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Flora the Red Menace Original Cast reel-to-reel US $15.00 [0 bids]
Ghost The Musical - Original Cast Recording - Original Cast Recording (NEW CD) US $19.68 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Wicked - Original Cast Recording (NEW CD) US $10.04 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Cast - The Collection (NEW CD) US $8.35 Buy It Now 2h 14m
WALTON THE BEAR opera original cast LP Record - sealed US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
BASHVILLE London Cast 1983 NM OC LP CHRISTINA PETER WOODWARD DONALD PELMEAR US $11.24 Buy It Now 2h 16m
The Lion King CD ... Original Broadway Cast Recording.... US $6.00 [0 bids]
Rodgers & Hammerstein "Allegro" Original Broadway Cast Recording Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST saratoga LP Mint- LSO-1051 USA 1959 Living Stereo 1s/1s US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Cast "Free Me" (CD #1) SEALED CD Single 1997 UK US $14.49 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Cast "Free Me" (CD #2) SEALED CD Single 1997 UK with POSTCARD US $11.49 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Cast "I'm So Lonely" (CD #2) SEALED CD Single 1997 UK + multimedia video + US $13.49 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Cast "Live the Dream" (CD #1) SEALED CD Single 1997 UK (with ACOUSTIC version) US $11.49 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Cast "Live the Dream" (CD #2) SEALED CD Single 1997 UK (with bonus POSTER) US $11.49 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Cast "Walkaway" SEALED CD Single 1997 UK US $13.49 Buy It Now 2h 25m
WHITNEY HOUSTON & DEBORAH COX SAME SCRIPT DIFFERENT CAST WLP 2 X12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
The Act ( Liza Minnelli ) LP 1979 Original Broadway Cast EX vinyl US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Original cast - 'Evita' 12' Double LP 33 RPM (1976) Very Good cond. US $10.55 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Rodgers and Hammerstein's South Pacific (The New Broadway Cast), Richard Rodger US $6.13 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Soundtrack - King and I [2000 London Cast] (2000)(470) US $4.81 Buy It Now 2h 31m
WHITNEY HOUSTON & DEBORAH COX SAME SCRIPT DIFFERENT CAST 5 DIFFERENT WAYS 2 X12 US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
THE KING AND I - BROADWAY CAST CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Songs from Ragtime [Original Cast Recording - RCA] by Original Cast (CD, Nov-... US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
DICK HYMAN TRIO & ORIGINAL CAST gigi / swingin double date LP VG Acetate 1958 US $281.25 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Jerome Robbins Broadway, Original Broadway Cast, Good US $3.75 Buy It Now 2h 45m
VINYL DBL LP - MUTINY! - ORIGINAL LONDON CAST - STAR2261 US $20.89 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Guys and Dolls Broadway Cast Recording Music CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 46m
My Fair Lady [1987 Studio Cast] (CD, Jan-1987, London (USA)) US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 46m
The Sound of Music [Original London Cast] [Abridged] (CD, Feb-1995, 2 Discs,... US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Illya Darling LP 1967 Original Broadway Cast US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
SECRET GARDEN - CBS P19920 Barbara Cook Original Cast LP (1987) US $17.50 Buy It Now 2h 52m
ON YOUR TOES - Original Broadway Cast (1983) US $17.50 Buy It Now 2h 52m
* My Fair Lady [Original London Cast] CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 53m
CANDIDE - COLUMBIA OS-2350 Max Adrian & Barbara Cook Musical Cast (1963) US $15.75 Buy It Now 2h 53m
BOY FRIEND - TER 1095 Original 1984 London Cast US $15.75 Buy It Now 2h 54m
LADY IN THE DARK - AEI-1146 Gertrude Lawrence Musical Cast (1984) US $15.75 Buy It Now 2h 55m
BELLS ARE RINGING (1956) CAST RECORDING | SOUNDTRACK LP | JUDY HOLLIDAY | -MINT- US $12.36 Buy It Now 2h 57m
La BohŠme: The Dream Cast [Highlights] (CD, Nov-2002, Decca (USA)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST carnival LP VG E3946OC Mono USA 1961 MGM Original US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h
SEALED* 1977* ANNIE A NEW MUSICAL LP* ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING* MARTHA SWOPE US $12.25 Buy It Now 3h
MAME - Original Broadway Cast (1966) US $19.95 Buy It Now 3h
MILK AND HONEY SEALED LP - ORIGINAL CAST Jerry Herman US $19.95 Buy It Now 3h
Phantom Of The Opera' cast HIGHLIGHTS CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
HAPPY TIME - Original Cast LP (1968) US $17.50 Buy It Now 3h 2m
FLORA THE RED MENACE - ORIGINAL CAST LP Liza Minnelli US $19.95 Buy It Now 3h 4m
KING AND I - ORIGINAL CAST LP (1959) US $17.50 Buy It Now 3h 4m
NO NO NANETTE - Original Cast LP (1971) US $15.75 Buy It Now 3h 4m
ORIGINAL CAST piano bar LP VG+ OC 7812 Vinyl 1978 Record US $27.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
ANNIE GET YOUR GUN - Original Cast LP (1966) US $17.50 Buy It Now 3h 5m
At the Drop of a Hat - Flanders & Swann - Orig Cast LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
THE BEATLES FOUR DIE-CAST FIGURINES US $241.23 Buy It Now 3h 6m
s/t THREEPENNY OPERA-KURT WEILL ORG CAST vinyl LP US $10.78 Buy It Now 3h 7m
LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC - Original Broadway Cast LP (1973) US $14.75 Buy It Now 3h 7m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"