NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

Ben Bagley's Shoestring '57 Original Cast recording CD US $59.99 Buy It Now 32m 30s
Flora the Red Menace 1987 Original Off-Broadway Cast CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 32m 30s
Whoop-Up (1958 Original Broadway Cast) CD MINT US $44.99 Buy It Now 32m 30s
Florodora (1899 Original London Cast) Leslie Stuart CD US $79.99 Buy It Now 32m 30s
Bar Mitzvah Boy-Original London Cast Recording CD RARE US $79.99 Buy It Now 32m 30s
Sondheim Evening A Musical Tribute 1973 Concert Cast CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Me And Juliet (1953 Original Broadway Cast) CD MINT US $10.99 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Leonard Sillmans New Faces of 1968 Original Broadway Cast CD Musical Mint! US $8.99 Buy It Now 32m 31s
The Fix (1997 Original London Cast) CD MINT US $12.99 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Nick & Nora by Original Broadway Cast Recording CD MINT US $14.99 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Rage of the Heart Original Cast Recording CD MINT US $16.99 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Brigadoon (1991 London Studio Cast) CD MINT US $6.99 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Leblanc,Dylan - Cast The Same Old Shadow [Vinyl New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 36m 14s
Cast Recording - Oh! Calcutta! [CD New] US $9.76 Buy It Now 36m 21s
Cast Recording - Falsettoland [CD New] US $11.82 Buy It Now 36m 40s
KURT WEILL STREET SCENE - ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST (1974) An American Opera - CD US $12.79 Buy It Now 36m 40s
42nd STREET MUSICAL Cassette Tape AUSTRALIAN CAST US $10.54 Buy It Now 39m 41s
High School Musical 2 [Original Soundtrack] by High School Musical Cast (CD,... US $0.99 [0 bids]
48m 6s
LENNY ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST various artists LP 32 track with booklet and poster US $8.39 Buy It Now 49m 4s
Highlights From Phantom Of The Opera ORIGINAL LONDON CAST CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $10.08 Buy It Now 49m 56s
On a Clear Day You Can See Forever cd Orig. Broadway Cast US $8.00 Buy It Now 52m 7s
Can-Can cd Orig. Broadway Cast -- Cole Porter US $8.00 Buy It Now 54m
EVITA ISRAELI HEBREW MUSICAL CAST ISRAEL PROMO LP RICE LLOYD WEBBER US $85.00 Buy It Now 54m 25s
BILLY- 12 inch LP - ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING, MICHAEL CRAWFORD US $20.19 Buy It Now 57m 31s
ORIGINAL CAST: Finian's Rainbow (soundtrack & cast LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 59m 23s
Marie Christine cd Original Cast Recording La Chiusa US $8.00 Buy It Now 59m 41s
ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM PIPPIN LP MOTOWN 1972 VG+ BEN VEREEN-JOHN RUBINSTEIN US $2.99 [0 bids]
SOUNDTRACK: Le Milliardaire (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Mary Poppins Julie Andrews Dick Van Dyke Original cast soundtrack US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
GLEE CAST-GLEE: THE MUSIC, SEASON 4 VOLUME 1-JAPAN CD D73 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1h 33m
MARY MARTIN AND THE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST sound of music LP 17 track in gatefol US $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE CAST PATTERN - 2007 CD NEW US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Original Cast Recording: Girl Crazy (George & Ira Gershwin) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Cast Recordings - A Chorus Line [CD New] US $11.80 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Starmania: Made in Quebec -1981-2-LP SET Double Various Cast Martine St-Clair US $9.99 [0 bids]
Nightingale - Original London Cast [CD New] US $14.42 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Cast Recording - Whistle Down The Wind [CD New] US $16.52 Buy It Now 2h 10m
York Theatre Cast Recording - People Vs. Mona [CD New] US $16.07 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Liza Minnelli, Original Broadway Cast ?- The Act LP GREEK PRESSING US $25.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
SOUNDTRACK: A Night At The Opera (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
GLEE CAST-GLEE: THE MUSIC PRESENTS GLEASE-JAPAN CD D20 US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
JOHN TRAVOLTA, OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN AND CAST 'SUMMER NIGHTS' UK 7" SINGLE #2 US $3.35 Buy It Now 2h 25m
West Side Story (1957 Original Broadway Cast), Chita Rivera, Larry Kert, Carol , US $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Chess in Concert 2008 London Concert Cast CD US $16.96 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Coraline Original Off-Broadway Cast CD US $15.17 Buy It Now 2h 35m
West Side Story-Original Broadway Cast "RARE OOP CD 1973" FREE SHIPPING US $4.50 [0 bids]
Fosse [Original Broadway Cast] (RCA Victor) [Mint] (FREE SHIPPING) US $4.50 [0 bids]
OKLAHOMA - London Cast KOREA CD *SEALED* DIGIPAK RARE US $17.49 Buy It Now 2h 40m
SOUNDS ORCHESTRAL cast your fate to the wind/to wendy with love 1964 7" WS EX/ US $11.76 Buy It Now 2h 43m
GLEE CAST-GLEE: THE MUSIC, THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM VOL. 3-JAPAN CD D20 US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
OFFICIAL LICENSED - PINK FLOYD - THE WALL HAMMERS CAST ENAMEL BADGE - ROCK US $10.94 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Various Artists - Carousel & South Pacific (CD) Original Broadway Cast US $4.61 Buy It Now 2h 58m
OFFICIAL LICENSED - PINK FLOYD - EATEN CAST ENAMEL BADGE - ROCK US $10.94 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - Cast Soundtrack RARE 1971 LP LISTEN US $11.24 Buy It Now 3h
Rodgers & Hammerstein "CAROUSEL" John Raitt / Jan Clayton 1945 Original Cast CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Christmas Story-The Musical - Cast Recording [CD New] US $11.32 Buy It Now 3h 2m
OFFICIAL LICENSED - PINK FLOYD - THE WALL CAST ENAMEL BADGE - ROCK US $10.94 Buy It Now 3h 4m
DYLAN LEBLANC Cast The Same Old Shadow UK promo test CD Rough Trade US $6.71 Buy It Now 3h 8m
DYLAN LEBLANC Cast The Same Old Shadow UK promo test CD + bonus US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 8m
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA 2 TAPE SET LONDON CAST US $6.74 Buy It Now 3h 11m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING 'ZENDA' US IMPORT LP SEALED US $84.10 Buy It Now 3h 12m
The Golden Apple NM LP Original Cast Elektra EKL-5000 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Plain and Fancy NM Broadway Cast LP Capitol Red Label US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Inner City Original Broadway Cast NM LP RCA LSO-1171 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
How Now Dow Jones Original Cast LP David Merrick US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Soundtrack - Five Guys Named Moe [Original London Cast] (Original ) CD US $5.87 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Betty Buckley - Highlights From Cats [1989 US Cast Recording] [Highlights]... US $6.71 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Best of Rent: Highlights from Broadway Original Cast CD US $0.10 [1 bids]
Dirty Dancing London Cast Recording sealed CD US $0.10 [1 bids]
FOLLIES ORIGINAL LONDON CAST 2 x LP 1987 IN G/FOLD SLEEVE WITH POSTER AND BOOKL US $17.66 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Wicked - 2 DISC SET - Original Cast Recording (2013, CD New) Deluxe ED US $17.40 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Sweet Charity Original Broadway Cast Recording CD US $6.35 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Original London Cast - Phantom of the Opera (Original Soundtrack) CD 1987 US $8.06 Buy It Now 3h 44m
We Will Rock You [London Cast] - Original Soundtrack Musical 2003 {CD Album} US $10.08 Buy It Now 3h 44m
NEW / Ethel Merman: Red, Hot And Blue! (1939 Studio Cast) / Stars In Your Eyes.. US $54.95 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Fly With Me (1980 Revival Cast) (NEW) - Fly With Me - Audio CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Feature Cast - Run For Cover (CD 2012)12 TRACKS -PICTURE DJ PROMO -MINT NEW US $10.94 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Sondheim: Putting It Together [Original Cast Recording] by Various Artists...NOS US $29.99 [0 bids]
Hello Again [Original Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Jun-1994, RCA Victor) SEALED US $4.99 [0 bids]
Forever Tango [Original Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Feb-1998, 2 Discs, RCA NOS US $49.99 [0 bids]
New Girl In Town [An Original Cast Recording] by Hal Hastings/Gwen Verdon SEALED US $29.99 [0 bids]
Redhead [An Original Cast Recording] by Original Broadway Cast (CD, Jul-1994 NOS US $39.99 [0 bids]
Ben Bagley's Shoestring Revue (NEW) - Original Cast Recording - Audio CD US $44.44 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Chicago [1996 Broadway Revival Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Jan-1997, RCA) L/N US $0.99 [0 bids]
We Five/ Let's Get Together b/w Cast Your Fate To The Wind/ Quality/ 1965/ VG++ US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h
SILICA BLISS Cast In White CD (Near Mint) US $13.10 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Original Broadway Cast Recordings: South Pacific & Oklahoma! Like New CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
CABARET ~ ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST MUSICAL SOUNDTRACK ~ LIKE NEW CD ~ 17 TRACKS US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Kurt Weill Street Scene 2-CD Original London Cast Recording Carl Davis/Ciesinski US $19.72 Buy It Now 4h 25m
GLEE - The Christmas Album - Best of Festive Songs CD (2010) TV Cast Recording US $11.52 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Musical Rebecca Korean Cast 3CD Set NEW $2.99 S/H US $39.39 Buy It Now 4h 26m
"HAIR" ORIG BRDWY CAST LP 1968 Dyson~Curry~Eaton vg++ US $13.95 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Roger and Hammerstein's The King and I by Original Cast [Vinyl VG++ | Cover VG+] US $11.00 Buy It Now 4h 34m
The Phantom of the Opera [Original London Cast] by Andrew Lloyd Webber (CD, Feb- US $4.99 [0 bids]
Original Cast Recording Dirty Dancing CD US $5.29 Buy It Now 4h 35m
JACQUES CAST,RSDE - FORGET ME NOTS - NEW CD US $14.54 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Gigi - Original London Cast (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $9.71 Buy It Now 4h 42m
CAN-CAN - Cast Recording - Excellent Condition LP Record Filelio TLA 9082 US $13.44 Buy It Now 4h 43m
SHELBY FLINT-CAST YOUR FATE TO THE WIND-JAPAN CD B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 4h 46m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"