NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

Man of La Mancha (ocr) - Cast Original New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.60 Buy It Now 30m 53s
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR The Album 1992 Australian Cast Highlights CD BRAND NEW US $14.68 Buy It Now 32m 37s
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - WUTHERING HEIGHTS [ORIGINAL STUDIO CAST] - NEW CD US $11.14 Buy It Now 33m 11s
ME AND MY GIRL- London Cast Recording 1987 OST CD (Robert Lindsay) Musical 80s US $11.76 Buy It Now 35m 12s
WEST GERMAN-Mike Batt Hunting of the Snark Cast Recording OST CD Roger Daltrey US $29.96 Buy It Now 35m 12s
Mike Batt Hunting of the Snark Cast Recording OST CD Roger Daltrey/Julian Lennon US $34.66 Buy It Now 35m 12s
EVITA-Original 2006 London Cast Recording CD (Andrew Lloyd Webber) US $7.61 Buy It Now 35m 12s
Phantom of the Opera- LOVE NEVER DIES Cast Recording/Soundtrack CD (2010) Ramin US $12.72 Buy It Now 35m 12s
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST- Disney London Musical Cast Recording OST CD (Alan Menken) US $11.08 Buy It Now 38m 39s
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA London Cast OST 1987 2-CD Michael Crawford Sarah Brightman US $13.85 Buy It Now 38m 39s
Bye Bye Birdie Original Broadway Cast (list#1046) US $5.99 Buy It Now 39m 6s
DAD'S ARMY - ORIGINAL CAST SOUNDTRACK CD ~ DADS *NEW* US $25.90 Buy It Now 41m 56s
ORIGINAL LONDON CAST - VANITY FAIR [BAYVIEW] - NEW CD US $14.32 Buy It Now 42m 53s
Victorious: Music from the Hit TV Show by Victoria Justice & Victorious Cast  US $9.00 Buy It Now 44m 45s
1981 London Cast - The Sound Of Music (2010) US $4.84 Buy It Now 47m 22s
Simon, Paul,CD,Songs From The Capeman (1997 Concept Cast Album) US $5.49 Buy It Now 50m 8s
LOW - Curtain Hits The Cast (reissue) - 180 gram vinyl gatefold 2xLP US $38.88 Buy It Now 50m 18s
BARBARA STREISAND FUNNY GIRL-Orig. Broadway Cast Gatefold LP Capitol Stereo US $3.99 Buy It Now 52m 57s
'GHOST THE MUSICAL' CD (Original Cast Recording) US $20.66 Buy It Now 59m 43s
SONG OF NORWAY Kitty Carlisle 1949 DECCA CAST LP Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h
South Pacific LP Mary Martin Ezio Pinza Musical Broadway Cast EX- US $4.95 [0 bids]
Soundtrack - Paint Your Wagon [Original Broadway Cast] (Original ) US $8.51 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Fantasticks [1960 Original Off Broadway Cast] CD Jerry Orbach 1979 Polydor US $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 5m
(5)45rpm Box Set CAROUSEL .. ftg members of Original Cast .. '49 DECCA #9-7 /vg+ US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Cast - Charlie Smalls - Stephanie Mills - The Wiz - Great E+ LP US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Cast - Comden Green Styne - Say Darling - Beautiful E+ mono LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Cast - Carol Channing - Lorelei - Nice VG+ promo LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Cast - James Whitmore - Give 'em Hell Harry - 2 SEALED LP's US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
ZORBA/original broadway cast/ sealed lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Tempo Rouge-2006-Conrad Jupiters Stage-Cast-16 Track-CD US $43.49 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Keating-2007-Company B Original Cast-20 Track-CD US $43.49 Buy It Now 1h 18m
"MAME" starring BERYL REID & JOAN TURNER -COMLETE CAST ALBUM LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
Steve Alaimo TEEN 45 (ABC 10680) Mais Oui/Cast Your Fate To The Winds US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Star Queen - Original Cast [CD New] US $19.98 Buy It Now 1h 28m
CD ONLY Various Artists Aida: Original Broadway Cast Recording SHIPS FREE US $2.59 Buy It Now 1h 35m
"ANNIE" ORIG CAST W/BKLT LP 1977 Little Orphan Annie {Columbia stereo quad} vg++ US $14.96 Buy It Now 1h 39m
1950s SEALED Original Broadway Cast Soundtrack THE KING AND I Decca MINT! LP @ US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
1955 CAST ALBUM Robert Alda Vivian Blaine Guys And Dolls LP Feuer And Martin @ US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
1962 ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING Camelot Richard Burton Julie Andrews Vinyl LP @ US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
1967 ORIGINAL MUSICAL CAST Hair New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theater LP% US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
1975 ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING A Chorus Line New York Shakespeare Festival LP @ US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
VINTAGE CAST RECORDING Noel Coward's Bitter Sweet Vanessa Lee Vintage Vinyl LP @ US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
1981 Re-Issue MUSICAL ORIGINAL CAST The Girl In Pink Tights Jeanmarie VG++ @ US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
1985 BROADWAY CAST RECORDING Big River Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn LP % US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
1982 BROADWAY MUSICAL SOUNDTRACK Cast Recording CATS 2 LP Set VG+ Vinyl @ US $1.49 Buy It Now 1h 51m
1994 London Palladium Cast - Oliver! CD Soundtrack Jonathan Pryce US $4.84 Buy It Now 1h 51m
"JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR" ORIG SOUL CAST LP 1970's vg++ US $22.46 Buy It Now 1h 55m
GERSHWIN, GEORGE - GERSHWIN: PORGY AND BESS [NEW BROADWAY CAST - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.69 Buy It Now 2h
BEATLEMANIA original cast recording US double LP gatefold sleeve 1978 ex/ex- US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 2m
GYPSY Original Broadway Cast Cassette Tape Columbia Records JST 32607 US $0.86 [0 bids]
Gypsy [The New Broadway Cast Recording] by Bernadette Peters (CD, Aug-2003,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
CAST- CD Platinum Disc- ALL CHANGE US $141.77 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Broadway Cast Recordings- Evita & Les Miserables CDs US $24.95 Buy It Now 2h 9m
South Pacific with original Broadway cast Vinyl Record US $0.99 [0 bids]
WHITE LABEL PROMO LP LENNY CAST ALBUM CLIFF GORMAN MINT US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
She Loves Me (ocr) - Cast Original New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $11.57 Buy It Now 2h 21m
"SONG OF NORWAY" ORIG CAST LP {Decca stereo} vg++ Life of Edvard Grieg US $8.96 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Once Upon A Mattress Original Broadway Cast CD (1993, MCA Records) US $5.50 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Broadway Cast - Most Happy Fella [CD New] US $13.91 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Lot of (4) Original Broadway Cast LPs from the 50's - 70's - - Var Lbls US $3.99 [0 bids]
VISITORS ABROAD / Original Cast!: 100 Years of the American Musical Theater US $9.99 [0 bids]
New In Package: Starlight Express - Cast Recording Cassettes - Parts 1 US $1.99 [0 bids]
LP EMI MFP 1073 MONO Lionel Bart's "Oliver!" Cast: Jon Pertwee, Nicolette Roëg US $16.19 Buy It Now 2h 27m
CAST - BEAT MAMA (3 TRACK CD) (REF B4) US $6.46 Buy It Now 2h 32m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING ANNIE 8 Track COLUMBIA 34712 Hard Knock Life, Tomorrow US $3.00 [0 bids]
Blues In The Night: The American Blues & Jazz Hit (Original Cast) [OST] (CD 1987 US $16.15 Buy It Now 2h 34m
HANK THOMPSON: I Cast A Lonesome Shadow 45 Country US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
GLEE CAST - GLEE: SINGS THE BEATLES NEW CD US $17.63 Buy It Now 2h 35m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORING - ONE MAN & TWO GUVNORS NEW CD US $16.54 Buy It Now 2h 35m
LP LONDON SHR 8362 Musical - Original Cast S/T "Man Of La Mancha" Richard Kiley US $19.43 Buy It Now 2h 35m
ORIGINAL CAST American In Paris/Good Old Summertime MGM US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 37m
ORIGINAL CAST Bette Davis TWO'S COMPANY RCA MINT! Mono US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 37m
ORIGINAL CAST Dames At Sea COLUMBIA Stereo NM! US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 37m
ORIGINAL CAST Debbie Reynolds IRENE Columbia NM/MINT! US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 37m
ORIGINAL CAST Hazel Flagg RCA NM/MINT! Mono US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 37m
ORIGINAL CAST Judy Holliday BELLS ARE RINGING NM/NM- US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 37m
CAST - BEETROOT - NEW CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 2h 38m
The Beatles: Apple Shape Cast Metal Belt Buckle - New Official Apple Merchandise US $27.54 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Subways are for sleeping LP 1962 Original Broadway Cast ( EX / NM ) US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
RARE SP VINCE GUARALDI CAST YOUR FATE TO THE WIND US $4.99 [0 bids]
Fiddler On The Roof Original Cast Recording(RCA...1964) VG+ LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
Stan Freeberg With The Original Cast(Capitol..1959) VG LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
Vintage 7x45 Records Box Set "South Pacific" Original Broadway Cast COLUMBIA US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
George M LP 1968 Original Broadway Cast ( EX stereo ) US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Puccini: La Boheme ((Highlights from the 2002 Original Broadway Cast) US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Destry rides again Original Cast Album Decca DL 79075 US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Side Show:new Musical - Cast Original New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $13.26 Buy It Now 2h 59m
ORIGINAL CAST Forbidden Broadway DRG RECORDS MINT! US $10.50 Buy It Now 3h
Vintage Original LONDON Cast JESUS Christ SUPERSTAR - Lp VINYL Record 1972 US $14.52 Buy It Now 3h 4m
GODSPELL: OFF-OFF BROADWAY CAST [Lamar Alford,Peggy Gordon++] REMASTERED US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
ANNIE GET YOUR GUN w ETHEL MERMAN ORIGINAL CAST DECCA 8001 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
CAROUSEL THEATRE GUILD CAST MEMBERS DECCA 8003 1949 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3 CAST UK 2008 PROMO CD Single NOW OR NEVER MINT US $8.08 Buy It Now 3h 11m
My Fair Lady CD Soundtrack-Original Broadway Cast US $5.00 [0 bids]
Me and My Girl (ocr) - Cast Original New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $11.53 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Original Cast Recording : Tony Blair the Musical - Original Cast Recording US $12.73 Buy It Now 3h 16m
COMPANY Musical Broadway Cast Recording CD (2006) Raul Esparza Stephen Sondheim US $16.99 [0 bids]
LP VINYL RECORD-OST-THEATRE-CAST-MINNIE'S BOYS-SHELLY WINTERS-LARRY GROSSMAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
SOUNDTRACK: The Lion LP IMPORT (Australia, re) Soundtrack & Cast US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Ain't Misbehavin' Original Cast Album - Cast Recording New & Sealed CD Free Ship US $22.07 Buy It Now 3h 19m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"