NIMBUS

Cast

Cast Nimbus album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ladrona de Suenos (Part I) (5:26)
2. The 911 Suite (Part I) 911 (9:31)
3. The 911 Suite (Part II) The Next Day (3:16)
4. The 911 Suite (Part III) My New Home (2:03)
5. Volando En Uno Mismo (5:01)
6. Sucio Nino Bien (Part I) Sucion Nino Bien (5:55)
7. Sucio Nino Bien (Part II) Suenos De Platino (5:53)
8. Dias De Sol Y Lux (5:02)
9. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Puerto Prohibido (2:39)
10. Ladrona De Suenos (Part II) Tragicomedia (3:58)
11. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part I) Cataclismo (6:23)
12. Un Siglo De Invierno (Part II) Esperanza Austral (5:10)
13. En La Cueva Y El Bosque (3:20)
14. Reunion 2003 (5:16)

- Carlos Humarán / lead guitars
- Flavio Jiménez / bass
- Guadaloupe Acuna / voice & choir

CD Mylodon Records #MYLOCD020
CD Musea Records FGBG 4573.AR (2004)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Nimbus Music

The Beatles Die Cast A HARD DAY'S NIGHT w/T-Shirt & Wall Plaque New! US $20.27 Buy It Now 30m 27s
V/A "CATS...ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING" 2CD SET - DIGITALLY REMASTERED [VGC] US $13.06 Buy It Now 34m 50s
Kiss Of The Spider Woman-1992-Canada Original Cast CD US $18.60 Buy It Now 38m
Show Boat - 1972 - Original London Cast CD US $46.58 Buy It Now 38m 49s
s/t KA-BOOM!-JOE ERCOLE ORIGINAL CAST NEW SEALED LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 39m 54s
'CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY' (Original London Cast Recording) CD (2013) US $20.20 Buy It Now 42m 59s
Les Miserables: Original London Cast [COLM WILKINSON,PATTI LuPONE ++]2CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 49m 33s
Fear Will Cast No Shadow, The Autumn Offering, Excellent US $3.50 Buy It Now 49m 55s
The Story of My Life [Original Broadway Cast] by Various Artists (CD,..2008 . US $8.99 Buy It Now 55m 52s
The Rocky Horror Show London Cast Soundtrack New CD US $27.74 Buy It Now 1h 7m
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST: Beatlemania rock DOUBLE NM US $24.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
1981 London Cast - The Sound Of Music 1981 London Cast Recording - PSI001 US $20.01 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Original Cast Recording - Sunshine On Leith (The Motion Picture Soundtrack) - NP US $18.73 Buy It Now 1h 11m
LYNYRD SKYNYRD motley crue ACDC AC/DC - OFFICIAL METAL KEYRING US $13.51 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Annie [Original Broadway Cast] [Remastered] [Remaster] by Original Cast (CD,... US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
CD SOUNDTRACK Fiddler On The Roof LONDON CAST MINT US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
CAST OF LIONS-EYES WIDE TO NEW PLACES-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E95 US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CA - NO STRINGS [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST] [ORIGINAL - NEW CD US $11.75 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The Threepenny Opera By Kurt Weill, Gary Yershon,Donmar Warehouse Cast, Tara H US $34.50 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Blood Brothers By Willy Russell,Barbara Dickson,Original London Cast US $4.16 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Cast finetime UK Limited 7" green Vinyl 45 US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
West Side Story Original Broadway Cast Recording Leonard Bernstein Like New CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
ROLLING STONES - OFFICIAL METAL KEYRING & RUBBER KEYRINGS US $13.51 Buy It Now 1h 34m
1999 NEW YORK CAST - BABES IN ARMS [1999 NEW YORK CAST RECORDING] ] - NEW CD US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Cabaret [1998 Original Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Jun-1998, RCA) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING South Pacific 1986 Vinyl LP Kiri Te Kanawa José Carreras US $12.66 Buy It Now 1h 37m
THE SECRET GARDEN Soundtrack OZ Cast Warlow/Quast/Prior US $12.08 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Evita 2006 London Cast Recording US $5.73 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Threepenny Opera By Kurt Weill, Gary Yershon,Donmar Warehouse Cast, Tara H US $28.97 Buy It Now 1h 42m
A Ring Of Roses (Original Cast Recording) US $14.49 Buy It Now 1h 42m
IRENE - London Cast Recording - Excellent Condition LP Record EMI EMC 3139 US $16.89 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Off Broadway Cast,SEALED CD,Tovah Out of Her Mind US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 44m
KING & I - Cast Recording Excellent Condition LP Record MFP 1064 US $13.51 Buy It Now 1h 45m
A CHORUS LINE - ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST (KOREA) CD *NEW* US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
The Phantom of the Opera [Original London Cast] by Andrew Lloyd Webber 2CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
PAL JOEY - Cast Recording - Excellent Condition LP Record Capitol ST 774 US $13.49 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Meet Me in St. Louis [1990 Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (CD, May-1990, DRG... US $4.79 [0 bids]
STUDENT PRINCE / WILDFLOWER - Original Cast - Ex LP Record World Records SH 279 US $13.51 Buy It Now 1h 55m
WATER GIPSIES - Original Cast - Excellent Con LP Record World Records SH 228 US $13.51 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Oklahoma! : Oklahoma / London Cast CD (1995) US $3.78 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Lena Horne Ricardo Montalban Jamaica Cast Recording LP RCA LOC-1036 Mono US $2.40 Buy It Now 2h 4m
The Sound of Music Original Broadway Cast Mary Martin US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Rent [Original Broadway Cast Recording] by Original Broadway Cast (CD, Aug-1996, US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
VINYL LP - ME AND MY GIRL - CAST ALBUM - EJ2403011 US $15.20 Buy It Now 2h 13m
NEFERTITI Original Cast GATEFOLD Mint w. Lyric Sheet insert Lp US $8.56 Buy It Now 2h 27m
LOLITA MY LOVE rare '71 cast lp John Barry Eddie Sauter Dorothy Loudon UNPLAYED US $89.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
KISMET~BROADWAY CAST~ALFRED DRAKE~ARABIAN KNIGHTS~CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Grease [1994 Broadway Revival Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Jun-1994, RCA Victor) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER: CATS: ORIGINAL LONDON CAST RECORDING [Brian Blessed]GERMANY US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
LES MISERABLES - ORIGINAL LONDON CAST - 2 CD BOX SET W/BOOKLET - SEALED US $10.99 [1 bids]
MARRY ME A LITTLE CD SONGS BY STEPHEN SONDHEIM NEW CAST RECORDING - BRAND NEW US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
sntrck ANNIE GET YOUR GUN ETHEL MERMAN CAST LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 2h 41m
sntrck DEATH OF A SALESMAN ORIGINAL CAST 2LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Grease Original Broadway Cast Album LP Sealed 12", Soundtrack & Theater MGM US $11.88 Buy It Now 2h 41m
West Side Story - Original Broadway Cast - CBS Masterworks S 32603 LP NM/NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
s/t SHOW BOAT- JOHN RAITT/ BARBARA COOK M- CAST-COLUMBIA STEREO 360 SOUND LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 2h 42m
THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW ~ VERY RARE ORIGINAL THEATRE CAST HAND SIGNED VINYL UK LP US $1,605.79 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Metallica: Ninja Star Logo Cast Metal Belt Buckle - New & Official US $15.21 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Cats [Original Broadway Cast] [Slipcase] by Andrew Lloyd Webber (CD,... US $0.99 [0 bids]
BRAN NUE DAE : ORIGINAL CAST RECORDINGS **NEW CD** US $18.60 Buy It Now 2h 44m
The King and I [1992 Studio Cast] by Julie Andrews/John Mauceri CD 1992 Philips US $5.59 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Original Cast Early 1991 CD Polydor US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
THE KING AND I - ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST - LP US $9.33 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Original Cast Recording "Carnival " LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 48m
BILLY NO NAME original cast MINT Lp US $15.56 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Anything Goes [1987 Broadway Revival Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Mar-1988, RCA V US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Miss Saigon [Original London Cast Recording] by Original London Cast (CD, Feb-19 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Baker Street SEALED LP 1965 Musical adventure of Sherlock Holmes Original Ca US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h
Follies [Original Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Nov-1992, EMI Angel USA) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h
FADE OUT-FADE IN - Carol Burnett & Original Broadway Cast US $1.99 [0 bids]
ISRAELI CAST PETE SEEGER EWAN MACCOLL IN HEBREW LP SUSAN & FRAN AMDURSKY GURION US $100.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Bubbling Brown Sugar- Broadway cast recording- new tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Finians Rainbow: Original Broadway Cast (New Cassette) US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Annie Get Your Gun : Annie Get Your Gun / London Cast CD (1995) US $3.78 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Jesus Christ Superstar - Original London Cast - Vinyl LP 1972 - Ex US $1.67 [0 bids]
ANTARTICA - ADRIFT (CAST YOUR MIND) - HOUSE CD SINGLE US $3.36 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Bells Are Ringing [Original Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Dec-1999, Colum US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Grease [1994 Broadway Revival Cast] (CD, May-1994, RCA) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Legally Blonde The Musical Original Broadway Cast Recording CD Laura Bell Bundy US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
I DO! I DO! LP 1966 Original Broadway Cast VG ++ Mary Martin Robert Preston US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Oliver! Original Broadway Cast 33 RPM US $1.99 [0 bids]
(15) Original Cast Albums La Mancha,Nanette,Fantasticks,Chorus Line,Annie++ LP US $59.95 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Songs from Ragtime [Original Cast Recording - RCA] by Original Cast 2 Cd Set US $6.49 Buy It Now 3h 24m
URGENT- CAST THE FIRST STONE- MANHATTAN- 33RPM LP- 1984*SEALED* US $5.00 [0 bids]
BEATLEMANIA ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM 2 LP SET GATEFOLD COVER 691 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
SOUNDS ORCHESTRAL Cast Your Fate To The Wind / Midnight In Moscow ERIC used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Sound of Music : Sound of Music / London Cast CD (1995) US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Minnie's Boys SEALED Original Cast LP Marx Brothers Shelley Winters 1970 Mint US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Various Artists Aida: Original Broadway Cast Recording CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Original Broadway Cast : Lion King, the CD US $5.48 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Aida (2000 Original Broadway Cast), Elton John, Tim Rice, Good Cast Recording CD US $4.75 Buy It Now 3h 33m
She Loves Me [Original Broadway Cast Album] by Jerry Bock (CD, 1989) Soundtrack US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Capitol Record F3283/Kit Carson Band of Gold/Cast Your Bread Upon The Water/1955 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
ORIGINAL CAST OKLAHOMA LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Sweet Charity [New Broadway Cast Recording] [Digipak] by Christina Applegate (CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Les Miserables Original Broadway Cast Recording Cd Set US $10.00 [0 bids]
Sweet Charity [Original Broadway Cast #2] by Gwen Verdon (CD, Columbia (USA)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
VARIOUS: Jeronimo (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 45m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Nimbus ratings distribution

CAST Nimbus reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This time I should like to erase an half star at least: in fact their stuff,in the course of their long music career, is disseminated with all those derivative and often prolix albums, regarded almost in all the circumstances as a tiring repetition of the same "formula"...that is a progressive rock clichè, becoming tiring at the end!! Here is a clear example,represented by their song "Reunion 2003":in fact by means of this latter they perform a new revisit of the main theme of "Landing in a serious mind"; and moreover "Extension 17" was already played by a different line-up consisting of a couple of members from Cast, many years ago (since about 1978), who took great delight in performing a kind of jazz music.Ok, coming back to the present issue, it's a pleasant music excursion, even though they are a Mexican "insititution of prog music" nowadays,so you know what you are going to listen to.You can check it out without a doubt, but to me the present album is suitable for their "diehard fans" only...never mind anyway!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#30548) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars I listened already to a couple of albums from this band and until now I favoured Al-Bandaluz, but since I listened to NIMBUS, I've got to say that this one is even better. It's in my view their first album which does not confirm the typical neoprog cliché. One reason for the shift in their style might be the addition of the sixth member José 'Pepe' Torres who extends the sound by providing saxophone, flute and clarinet. The music on this album is in some way a perfect blend of classical prog with some jazz elements and in some parts a strong tendency towards progmetal. In the classical prog parts it sounds to me reminiscent of ELP or VDGG. Obviously there is some concept behind the album, but my knowledge of Spanish language is not sufficient to get it.

The album consists of 16 tracks which are grouped in four parts. It opens in a very captivating way with the first part of Ladrona de Sueños: threatening keyboard riffs, rough heavy guitars and screaming sax interludes. Parts 2 and 3 of this suite are placed later on the CD, part 2 has mainly keyboard with vocals and the final one is all instrumental apart of some spoken words, a rather savage and weird track featuring some sax playing again.

Second suite 911 consists as well of three parts. First part has vocals both in Spanish and English accompanied by piano, keyboards and acoustic/electric guitar. The title obviously refers to the US emergency phone number or possibly to the world trade attack. Second part is all instrumental and very nice with flute, piano, keyboards and electric guitar. The third part My New Home is instrumental as well, but acoustic, the best one IMHO, the flute gives it a strong reminiscence to JETHRO TULL. I noticed already on their other albums that usually the instrumental sections are the strongest ones of this band.

Volando En Uno Mismo brings back some electric guitar, again flute and piano, quite FOCUS-reminiscent and a great track as well. Sucio Nino Bien has some intricate melodies, vocals in Spanish and a nice guitar solo. Suenos De Platino is another great instrumental track featuring electric guitar, keyboards and clarinet. Just the sound of the drums could be better in some way. Dias De Sol Y Luz is a mellow song with piano, flute, some tender electric guitar and guest vocalist Guadalupe Acuána, a nice counterpart to the vocs of Hernández.

Cataclismo , the first part of Un Siglo De Invierno is a quite progmetal-alike track, but not really perfectly done since the drums don't sound very good. Apart from this flawing the performance of the musicians is great. On second part Esperenza Austral they're coming back to a more mellow mood in the beginning but the rest of the track sounds more or less like Part 1. En La Cueva Y El Bosque is a bit of a medieval/classical blend and Reunion 2003 is an acoustic version of a song from their debut album. Hojarasca is an acoustic track with rather querulous tunes whereas the final one Extension 17 has a more cheerful mood.

SUMMARY:

NIMBUS is an excellent album and possibly the best one they've ever done in my view. The addition of instruments like flute,clarinet and sax really expanded their sound in a very nice way and brought it away from the typical Neoprog style of earlier albums. The only critics I've to put on the poor drumming in progmetal-alike parts like Cataclismo. Disregarding this point it's rather close to a masterpiece. I would say it's worth 4,5 stars and a strong recommendation for any progfan.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30549) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I consider their previous album "Al-Bandaluz" one of their best albums so far (just a bit too long...). As Cast has already done in the past, we'll get several "suite" type of songs available on "Nimbus".

"Ladrona De Sueños" opens the album with a harder attack than usual. The complex stucture, the powerful sax and the scary mood of "part I" has the permanent KC mark. But it sounds a bit loose, I'm afraid. Part II sounds as a medieval madrigal and is not appealling at all. Last section is again on the heavy side : chaotic and structureless. Limit experimental. Although the second half of it is is fully symphonic. I told you : structureless.

I far much prefer the second "suite". "911" is a powerful but subtle track which is more in the Cast tradition. The flute in here is great (but I like very much this instrument). Just listen to the grandeur of the finale of "part II". Wonderful. Part III sounds like several songs of this album. If you like trespass, you will like it as well.

"Volando" is a dynamic rock number. Somewhat different which brings some variety. Not bad, actually. Very powerful.

"Sucio Niño Bien" is a beautiful piece of music. A combination of PFM and early Genesis (but there is nothing new here). Part I is particularly well achieved : full of sweetness. It is a real delight. Part II, is harder and scary. I admit that the clarinet in the second part adds a special flavour (hi KC). The finale is rather melodic and rhythmy. My preferred song here.

We stay in the same mood with "Días De Sol Y De Luz". Female vocals combined with flute again is very expressive. A tranquil moment. This is how I like Cast the most. Symphonic prog at its best. Extremely melodic. Another highlight.

Complete change for "Un Siglo De Invierno". More complex, dark and hard. Maybe it is due to its theme (a winter lasting for hundred years), I don't know. Part I ("Cataclism" !) is very pleasant though. It is a nice contrast in comparison with "Sucio" and "Días". Powerful sax is displayed here. It will automatically remind you the master of the genre : Dave Jackson (VDGG) of course. Introduction of "Austral Hope" (part II) is again more melodious (like "Sucio" part I). The flute has again a major role and I appreciate every single second of it. A very pleasant moment. At half time, the dark side gets back. Fully Crimsonesque.

Don't try to understand the lyrics from "En La Cueva Y En El Bosque". The chorus is sung in Nahuatl (a pre-Columbian dialect). It is based on the cantics that the native people from that era were singing in their temples. It might be faithful to these legends but it is not my cup of tea.

"Reunion 2003" is a re-worked version of their "reunion" song released in "94. This acoustic version is a sign of recognition of the previous line-up who used to end their concerts with this song. Some nostalgia there. This version won't be remembered for the years to come, I'm afraid.

"Bojarasca" is another very quiet instrumental song. I have to say that since Dino has left, I could hardly cope with their lead vocalist (while female guests were fine, maybe a hint for Cast ?). The closing number is a very old song which they used to play way before they started recording. It is fully jazz-rock oriented which is not my cup of tea.

The first times I listened to "Nimbus" I did not really like it; I had marked it as a two-stars record. But the more I listen to it, the more I like it. So, be patient with it, it won't be love at first sight (which is mostly the case with Cast records, anyway).

Three solid stars (but if two or three songs would have been left over, I might have rated four).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131781) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 stars CAST added a sixth member for this album in the form of a flute / sax / clarinet player. Once again we get a long one clocking in at 79 minutes. These guys seem to have an endless supply of ideas and great music.The problem for me once again is that it's too long, and like Zowie Ziggy mentions, if you could drop a few tracks this would be a four star album. Still like every album by them i've heard there is some outstanding music to be enjoyed. Both English and Spanish vocals on this one.

"Ladrona De Suenos (Part I)" is a top three track. An interesting tune with almost operatic vocals early on. I like when the sound picks up before 3 1/2 minutes. "The 911 Suite Part I" opens with atmosphere as fragile vocals join in. Piano after 2 minutes when the vocals stop. It's still pastoral until it kicks in before 4 minutes.Vocals a minute later.This is good. It settles after 8 minutes with reserved vocals before kicking back in late. "The 911 Suite Part II" is an uptempo instrumental. "The 911 Suite Part III" has the same sound they just slow it down some. "Volando En Uno Mismo" is a top three. A jazzy mode here with flute. It picks up after a minute with the guitar out front. It settles back again with flute leading as contrasts continue. "Suicio Nino Bien Part I" is pastoral with vocals. It picks up after 2 minutes but the tempo continues to change. "Suicio Nino Bien Part II" has some prominant horns part way through.

"Dias De Col Y Lux" has some female vocals this time but male vocals too. Flute and piano help out early. "Ladrona De Suenos Part II" features some atmosphere with laid back vocals and keys. "Ladrona De Suenos Part III" kicks in right away as spoken words then sax join in. Flute 2 1/2 minutes in. "Un Siglo De Invierno Part I" is mellow with flute and bass to start. Drums after a minute then it kicks in after 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. Guitar comes to the fore after 4 minutes. "On La Cueva Y El Bosque" has a classical vibe before turning Celtic then back to classical. Not a fan. "Reunion 2003" opens with acoustic guitar,percussion and flute. Piano then vocals follow. "Bojarasca" is mellow while the closer "Extension" is also a pleasant track with some nice guitar and horns.

Another good album that fails to get that 4 star rating. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#424482) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post a review of CAST "Nimbus"