THE WANDERING CARAVAN

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Marco Ragni The Wandering Caravan album cover

Buy MARCO RAGNI Music
Studio Album, released in 2018

1. What we Have Done in the Past We'll Be in the Future (11:24)
2. Waiting on the Threshold (11:38)
3. Promised Land (4:33)
4. Which is the Right Path to Take? (3:53)
5. It's Only Fantasy (5:11)
6. What are We Willing to Lose to Regain our Freedom? (4:00)
7. Keep Dreaming (9:04)
8. Back Home Again (3:40)

- Marco Ragni / vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, madolin, keyboards, piano, Mellotron, bass

With:
- Nadar Yizhak / oud
- Michael Zentner / violin
- Jeff Mack / bass
- Maurizio Antonini / drums

CD Melodic Revolution Records ‎- MMR CD 22148 (2018, US)

FLAC download - bandcamp.com

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy MARCO RAGNI The Wandering Caravan Music

The Wandering CaravanThe Wandering Caravan
CD Baby 2018
$11.82

More places to buy MARCO RAGNI music online Buy MARCO RAGNI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MARCO RAGNI The Wandering Caravan ratings distribution

MARCO RAGNI The Wandering Caravan reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Just another album which takes time to reach for the real depth .... Recorded by MARCO RAGNI's Wandering Caravan outfit here we have a well-crafted melange of melody, accessibility, but also complexity, diverse twists, turns and rough-edged moments. For what prog is about, isn't it? This appeals to me the more I'm listening. Apart from the overall psychedelic backbone there is much richness to state. The starter What We Have Done In The Past We'll Be In The Future proves this while juggling with oriental flair, folksy acoustic guitar and flute as well as rocking excursions decorated with saxophone, dashing organ and soaring electric guitar. A heavy load, when intending to capture this composition in its entirety.

Thoroughly convincing. I already had kept an ear on Marco's previous albums, but this one is a great leap forward definitely. First of all the Wandering Caravan gives excellent musicians a lift. And the compositional attempt is very successful, top notch. Wonderful smooth parts and raucous vocals are Waiting On the Threshold. Especially right in the middle the song triple Which Is The Right Path To Take, It's Only Fantasy and What Are We Willing To Lose To Regain Our Freedom is an inseparable experience. A dreamy atmosphere, nice piano sequences again and again, a partial hallucinative downfall in between ... bravo! Melodic Revolution Records can be proud of having another top album on the back catalogue.

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
4 stars Multi-instrumentalist and singer Marco Ragni is back with his latest album, and what an album it is. While he provides vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, bass, keyboards, mellotron, piano and mandolin he has also been joined by Dave Newhouse (sax, clarinet, flute, keyboards and woodwinds arrangements), Peter Matuchniak (lead guitar), Jeff Mack (bass) and Maurizio Antonini on drums, plus a few guests adding different nuances. This means this album includes members of The Muffins, Bomber Goggles, Scarlet Hollow and Barock Project, so it is a given that the guys all know their ways around their instruments. What this has enabled them all to do is to relax completely, and the result is an album which in many ways is the loosest I have ever come across. We often talk about how tight a band is, how they are right on top of each other, but here they sound as if there is a great space between them all and between the layers, allowing the music to fully breath and go where it desires.

The album title is apt, as there is a feeling of a great sky and a bleak landscape, and the travellers knowing not where they are going, when they are likely to reach the destination, or even if it really matters. This is a musical journey that is given a very middle eastern feel at times with the use of the oud, while it is also often reflective, with a great deal of restraint. It is an album which demands to be savoured like a fine brandy: take the time and let all the nuances and textures hit every sense. It is progressive, it is psychedelic, it is nearly New Age (but not quite, they don't inhale), it is World, it is delicate, but there is an inner strength and core which keeps everything moving in the same direction.

Often it is just Marco singing in a reflective manner, but during "Promised Land" there is even room for many singers and for Peter to become more direct in his approach. Maurizio is also one of those drummers who understand that there are times to play, and time to listen to the band with everyone else, and that restraint also has a key part to play. This is quite some album, and is well worth discovering by all good music lovers.

Post a review of MARCO RAGNI "The Wandering Caravan"