LIFE & TIMES

Good, but non-essential

Buy NEAL MORSE Music
Studio Album, released in 2018

1. Livin' Lightly (5:02)
2. Good Love Is On The Way (3:52)
3. JoAnna (4:34)
4. Selfie In The Square (3:55)
5. He Died At Home (4:58)
6. She's Changed Her Mind (4:01)
7. Wave On The Ocean (4:12)
8. You + Me + Everything (4:35)
9. Manchester (4:08)
10. Lay Low (3:59)
11. Old Alabama (4:47)
12. If I Only Had A Day (3:42)

Total time 51:45

- Neal Morse / lead & backing vocals, keyboards, guitar, mandolin, bass (2), percussion, producer

With:
- Dominique Caster / trumpet
- Chris Carmichael / strings
- Richard Brinsfield / bass
- Scott Williamson / drums
- Joey Pippin / shouting voice (9)

Artwork: Man In The Mountain with Joey Pippin (photo)

LP Radiant Records ‎- 3984-15576-1 (2018, US)

CD Radiant Records - 3984-15576-2 (2018, US)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy NEAL MORSE Life & Times Music

Life and TimesLife and Times
Metal Blade 2018
$11.99
Life & TimesLife & Times
Metal Blade 2018
$22.94

NEAL MORSE - LIFE AND TIMES CD NEW+ USD $28.36 Buy It Now 1 day
NEAL MORSE - LIFE AND TIMES (180G BLACK VINYL) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $33.96 Buy It Now 1 day
`MORSE,NEAL`-LIFE AND TIMES VINYL LP NEW USD $31.13 Buy It Now 2 days
Neal Morse Life & Times Coloured Vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $40.79 Buy It Now 5 days
Morse,Neal - Life and Times CD #115852 USD $18.82 Buy It Now 7 days
NEAL MORSE - LIFE AND TIMES - NEW CD ALBUM USD $19.03 Buy It Now 7 days
NEAL MORSE - LIFE AND TIMES - NEW VINYL LP USD $27.91 Buy It Now 7 days
Neal Morse - Life & Times (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.58 Buy It Now 8 days
Neal Morse - Life & Times 039841557664 (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $16.75 Buy It Now 11 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times NEW CD USD $15.55 Buy It Now 11 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times [New CD] USD $16.58 Buy It Now 13 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times [New CD] USD $14.41 Buy It Now 13 days
NEAL MORSE Life And Times LP VINYL Europe Metal Blade 2018 11 Track 180 Gram USD $31.97 Buy It Now 15 days
NEAL MORSE CD - LIFE & TIMES (2018) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK - METAL BLADE USD $17.99 Buy It Now 15 days
MORSE,NEAL-LIFE & TIMES CD NEW USD $17.80 Buy It Now 15 days
Life and Times - Neal Morse Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $20.49 Buy It Now 16 days
NEAL MORSE - LIFE AND TIMES * NEW CD USD $16.57 Buy It Now 16 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times [CD] USD $15.45 Buy It Now 16 days
Neal Morse - Life and Times - LP Vinyl - New USD $25.02 Buy It Now 18 days
Neal Morse - Life and Times - CD - New USD $17.54 Buy It Now 18 days
`MORSE,NEAL`-LIFE AND TIMES VINYL LP NEW USD $27.92 Buy It Now 18 days
Lp-Neal Morse-Life & Times -Aubergine Marbled (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $23.46 Buy It Now 19 days
Lp-Neal Morse-Life & Times -Light Grey Marbled (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $23.46 Buy It Now 19 days
Lp-Neal Morse-Life & Times -Aubergine Marbled (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $25.27 Buy It Now 19 days
Lp-Neal Morse-Life & Times -Light Grey Marbled (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $25.27 Buy It Now 19 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times [CD] USD $17.03 Buy It Now 19 days
MORSE,NEAL-LIFE & TIMES (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $15.25 Buy It Now 20 days
MORSE,NEAL-LIFE AND TIMES (180G BLACK VINYL) (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $25.02 Buy It Now 22 days
MORSE,NEAL-LIFE AND TIMES (180G BLACK VINYL) (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $26.91 Buy It Now 22 days
NEAL MORSE Life & Times NEW, SEALED VINYL ALBUM/LIMITED NUMBERED/200 PRESSED USD $16.99 Buy It Now 22 days
MORSE,NEAL-LIFE & TIMES CD NEW USD $15.75 Buy It Now 22 days
MORSE,NEAL-LIFE & TIMES (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $16.66 Buy It Now 24 days
Neal Morse - Life & Times (NEW CD) USD $16.49 Buy It Now 25 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times [CD] USD $17.31 Buy It Now 27 days
Morse,Neal - Life and times LP #115853 USD $24.60 Buy It Now 27 days
Morse,Neal - Life and times LP #115854 USD $26.42 Buy It Now 29 days
Life and Times - Neal Morse Free Shipping! USD $29.57 Buy It Now 29 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times [New Vinyl LP] Brown, Colored Vinyl, Clear Vinyl, Gr USD $18.75 Buy It Now 29 days
Neal Morse - Life And Times [New Vinyl LP] Brown, Colored Vinyl, Clear Vinyl, Gr USD $25.88 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy NEAL MORSE music online Buy NEAL MORSE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NEAL MORSE Life & Times ratings distribution

NEAL MORSE Life & Times reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
2 stars Here I was at a local record store, with a gift certificate.

I noticed that there was a brand new Neal Morse album at a good price, so I checked it out.

The song titles didn't indicate that it was one of his religious albums, and I do love most of his musical work, so I bought it.

Big mistake.

I should have been warned by the sticker announcing that this was a very personal collection of songs by Morse, but I wasn't prepared for this.

With the above mentioned sticker, I didn't think this would be like his other albums, but I expected some evidence of Morse's progressive rock background to come through.

Pretty much what this disk contains are a group of song with simple music and simpler lyrics. I felt like I was in soft rock hell as I forced my way to listen to the entire album. Every time it appeared that the music was about to take off, instead of soaring, it veered into mundane AOR.

And the lyrics, as I listened, I was surprised at how often I could anticipate the next line of a song before it was sung.

The only mentionable songs here are "He Died At Home", a moving ballad about a troubled veteran, and "Manchester", where Morse (or maybe cowriter Geoff Bailie) brightened up the song with some actual humor.

Those two track are all that raise this from the depths of a one star rating.

Sorry, Neal.

3 stars I must admit I prefer Neal's more progressive output, but this singer-songwriter, soft rock album has some nice tunes. I really liked his previous similar offering, Songs From November, from the first listen. Life And Times is a bit more of a grower, and having played it a few times there's only ... (read more)

Report this review (#2114137) | Posted by AlanB | Thursday, January 3, 2019 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NEAL MORSE "Life & Times"