Tony Banks

Tony Banks 5 album cover

Buy TONY BANKS Music
Studio Album, released in 2018

1. Prelude to a ​Million Years (15:34)
2. Reveille (8:58)

With:
- The Czech National Symphony Orchestra & Choir
- Nick Ingman / orchestration, conductor
- Skaila Kanga / harp
- John Barclay / cornet & trumpet (2,4)
- Martin Robertson / sax (3,5)
- Martin Robertson / duduk (5)
- Frank Ricotti / percussion

Artwork: Stefan Knapp

CD BMG Rights Management ‎- 538356892 (2018, Europe)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy TONY BANKS 5 Music

FiveFive
BMG Rights Management (UK) Ltd 2018
$8.23
A Chord Too Far by Tony Banks (2015-05-04)A Chord Too Far by Tony Banks (2015-05-04)
Esoteric Antenna
$88.60
The Fugitive: 2016 Remixed Edition by Tony Banks (2016-05-04)The Fugitive: 2016 Remixed Edition by Tony Banks (2016-05-04)
Cherry Red
$35.44

More places to buy TONY BANKS music online Buy TONY BANKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TONY BANKS 5 ratings distribution

TONY BANKS 5 reviews

No collaborator/experts review or rating for the moment | Submit a review

5 stars #19 Review I hinted to this review some times and i waited 21 days for my copy of the disk to arrive, it's the first order i make to a foreign country, and the first time i buy something from an artist when it's been released this year. I have been in a marathon of Genesis since the first t ... (read more)

Report this review (#1919645) | Posted by FalconBleck | Friday, May 4, 2018 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Along with Emerson, Fripp and Wakeman, Banks was one of the protagonists of progressive rock since its birth. Moreover, thanks mostly to Banks prog became prog as we know and perceive it. It's a great news that now, after half a century since Genesis was founded, their keyboardist and musical le ... (read more)

Report this review (#1903580) | Posted by proghaven | Saturday, March 17, 2018 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Starting this piece I should say that I am a big fan of the first period of Genesis; the one with Peter Gabriel. After his departure, Genesis released two good albums (A Trick of a Tale and Wind and Wuthering), but then everything changed and I stopped following their album releases. I always c ... (read more)

Report this review (#1892179) | Posted by The Jester | Friday, March 9, 2018 | Review Permanlink

5 stars At last Tony Banks has created the album I always felt he was capable of making. No compromises here, this is just stunning, beautiful music all the way through, filled with the exquisite melodies over intriguing chord changes that would happen in sections throughout his career. Finally, we have ... (read more)

Report this review (#1891965) | Posted by cirrusbay | Wednesday, March 7, 2018 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Born in 1950, Tony Banks was one of the founders of the greatest money-shaking band, Genesis. Since the band was founded in 1965, it has been a silent devotee and powerful force behind the band. His classical tendency to have a serious and strong keyboard style makes the cause unique, but he always ... (read more)

Report this review (#1890131) | Posted by mitarai_panda | Thursday, March 1, 2018 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Can I just talk to Tony for a second here? I realize I'm just another adoring fan since the early 1970's; you had me at Watcher of the Skies. And while I've always loved your choice of keyboards and your writing style and your unreal talent on the keys, I was also hoping you would finally hit ... (read more)

Report this review (#1889251) | Posted by Squire Jaco | Monday, February 26, 2018 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have been so looking forward to the release of this album. I was not put off by the Peter Gabriel similarities: Phil Collins puts his face on his solo lp's or the fact that just like Peter Gabriel's 1.2.3.4 lp's Tony has used numbers to title his Classical releases. My feelings on my initi ... (read more)

Report this review (#1888864) | Posted by Gary Preston | Sunday, February 25, 2018 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TONY BANKS "5"