ROADS LESS TRAVELLED

Studio Album, released in 2018

1. Lone Wolf (4:04)
2. Out Of Time (3:06)
3. I'm On My Way (4:07)
4. Roads Less Travelled (4:27)
5. Badcore Blues (3:28)
6. Seattle (4:03)
7. For No Man (3:51)
8. (This Is) My Driving Song (3:44)
9. You Are An Angel (2:36)
10. Trinity (3:32)
11. And The Band Played Only For Me (6:01)

Total time 42:59

- Martin Barre / electric & acoustic (5,6,9,11) guitars, mandolin (1,3,4,8), mandola (1,3), banjo (1), composer, co-producer

With:
- Dan Crisp / lead vocals (1-4,6-8)
- Becca Langsford / lead (5,11) & backing (1,3,4,6) vocals
- Alex Hart / lead (9) & backing (1,3,4,6,11) vocals
- Josiah J. / Hammond (4,7,8,11), percussion (7)
- Alan Thomson / bass (1-6,8,11), fretless (7)
- Buster Cottam / double bass (9)
- Darby Todd / drums (1-4,7,8,11)
- Aaron Graham / drums (5)

Artwork: Richie Hiney

CD Garage Records ‎- GAR0002 (2018, UK)

FLAC download - bandcamp.com

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy MARTIN BARRE Roads Less Travelled Music

Roads Less TravelledRoads Less Travelled
Purple Pyramid 2018
$12.58

BARRE, Martin - Roads Less Travelled - Vinyl (limited clear vinyl LP) USD $35.55 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Roads Less Travelled, Martin Barre, New, Audio CD, FREE & Fast Delivery USD $20.43 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled (NEW CD) USD $19.10 Buy It Now 1 day
MARTIN BARRE - ROADS LESS TRAVELLED CD (Guitarist of Jethro Tull) Lone Wolf USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Roads Less Travelled - Martin Barre (Vinyl New) USD $25.77 Buy It Now 5 days
Roads Less Travelled - Martin Barre (CD New) USD $13.56 Buy It Now 5 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED CD NEW USD $14.88 Buy It Now 5 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled 889466101120 (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.11 Buy It Now 6 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED CD NEW USD $16.78 Buy It Now 6 days
MARTIN BARRE - Roads Less Traveled LP Clear Vinyl ( Guitarist of Jethro Tull) USD $23.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Roads Less Travelled by Martin Barre: New USD $18.82 Buy It Now 11 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED (CVNL) (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $30.13 Buy It Now 12 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED (CVNL) (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $30.53 Buy It Now 12 days
MARTIN BARRE - ROADS LESS TRAVELLED [10/12] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $15.12 Buy It Now 12 days
MARTIN BARRE - ROADS LESS TRAVELLED [10/12] NEW CD USD $15.01 Buy It Now 12 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled (Clear) (NEW VINYL LP) USD $33.96 Buy It Now 13 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $17.54 Buy It Now 16 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $18.09 Buy It Now 16 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Traveled Clear vinyl LP Jethro Tull guitarist 2019 USD $25.63 Buy It Now 17 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled [New CD] USD $15.11 Buy It Now 19 days
Roads Less Travelled, Martin Barre, New, Audio CD, FREE USD $25.42 Buy It Now 26 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled [CD] USD $17.39 Buy It Now 26 days
MARTIN BARRE. ROADS LESS TRAVELLED.CD. 2018 . NEW ! JETHRO TULL USD $9.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled [New Vinyl] Clear Vinyl USD $25.40 Buy It Now 29 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED (CVNL) VINYL LP NEW USD $27.15 Buy It Now 29 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled - ID3z - CD - New USD $16.44 Buy It Now 30 days
BARRE,MARTIN-ROADS LESS TRAVELLED (CVNL) VINYL LP NEW USD $30.17 Buy It Now 32 days
Martin Barre - Roads Less Travelled (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $23.40 Buy It Now 33 days

More places to buy MARTIN BARRE music online Buy MARTIN BARRE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MARTIN BARRE Roads Less Travelled ratings distribution

MARTIN BARRE Roads Less Travelled reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars I'm sure I can't be the only Tull fan who can't understand how there can be a Jethro Tull without Martin Lancelot Barre being the perfect foil to Ian, but there it is (mind you, Ian does have history in this regard, look at what happened to the classic line-up). I saw Martin play with Tull six or seven times, and on my study wall is a photograph I took at Verbeer Manor (in deepest Devon) of him playing with Fairport Convention (one of the tunes was the often-overlooked 'Mr. Lacey' as I recall). I know Tull started with Mick Abrahams, but I prefer his work with Blodwyn Pig to be honest, and although Tony Iommi may have appeared with Tull on the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus, we all know that the real man behind the electric is Martin.

When I heard this album had been released I was quite excited, and then disappointed to discover Martin has released six other studio albums before this one and somehow I have missed them all! Oh well, always good to have some music to catch up on. Martin adds acoustic guitar, mandolin (and even banjo) at different places through an album which contains a great many elements which Tull fans will recognise. Given that he has given thirty-five years of service to that band, it should be no surprise that he has impacted Tull's sound more than many will give him credit for, and I often found myself thinking back to 'Crest Of A Knave' (for which he won a Grammy) and 'heavy Horses' in particular in terms of musical reference.

This is classic rock, and is obviously being performed by a band as opposed to a group of people brought together for one particular project. Martin has been a resident of Devon for many years, and this album features local musicians Dan Crisp (vocals), Alan Thomson (bass/fretless bass), Darby Todd (drums), Becca Langsford (vocals/backing vocals), Josiah J (Percussion/Hammond), Aaron Graham (drums), Alex Hart (vocals/backing vocals) Buster Cottam ('stand up' bass). It would be very easy indeed for Martin to get on the phone and pull in a stellar cast of musicians who have been influenced by him and his playing, but he has always struck me as a very straight person (based on the many interviews I have both read and watched over the years), and this is just what I would expect.

Elements of folk, rock, jazz, blues and prog all combine in what is a solid rock album which all Tull fans should be flocking to get. The last show I saw of Tull, back in '04, Ian was struggling with his vocals and I decided then and there never to see them again as I couldn't bear it. Martin has lost none of his finesse and power, just superb.

Post a review of MARTIN BARRE "Roads Less Travelled"