DINOSAUR SWAMPS

Buy THE FLOCK Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Green Slice (2:03)
2. Big Bird (5:50)
3. Hornschmeyer's Island (7:26)
4. Lighthouse (5:17)
5. Crabfoot (8:14)
6. Mermaid (4:54)
7. Uranian Sircus (7:09)

Search THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps lyrics

Search THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps tabs

- Jerry Goodman / guitar, violin, vocals
- Jerry Smith / bass, vocals
- Rick Canoff / saxophone, saxophone (Tenor)
- Fred Glickstein / guitar, organ (Hammond), vocals
- Ron Karpman / drums, vocals
- Frank Posa / trumpet
- Tom Webb / saxophone (Tenor)

LP Columbia C-30007 (1970) / CD One Way 26658 (1996)

THE FLOCK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps Music

Heaven Bound-The Lost AlbumHeaven Bound-The Lost Album
Cleopatra 2014
Flock / Dinosaur SwampsFlock / Dinosaur Swamps
Import · Remastered
Bgo - Beat Goes on 2002
FLOCK - THE FLOCK/DINOSAUR SWAMPS - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.77 Buy It Now 1h 20m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS: BEST [I RAN,SPACE AGE LOVE SONG,NIGHTMARES,D.N.A++] US $8.98 Buy It Now 2h 46m
MILLIONAIRE - OUTSIDE THE SIMIAN FLOCK [BONUS TRACK] - NEW CD US $43.93 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Flock Of Seagulls 45 Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) / Committed w/ts US $2.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
BARRETT SISTERS What Shall I Render HE SHALL FEED HIS FLOCK He is the key NEW CD US $6.89 [0 bids]
PM "Street Of Dreams" CD 1993 Little Flock Records LFR 0998 AOR RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Nazareth / Poison / Marillion / Talk Talk / Duran Duran / Flock Of Seaguls MINT US $13.29 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Flock Of Seagulls *GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Flock - Flock/Dinosaur Swamps CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 5h 58m
I Ran (So Far Away)/New Year's Day [Vinyl], Bp Vs Effcee Vs Flock of Seagull, Ne US $8.97 Buy It Now 6h 49m
FLOCK OF SEAGULLS SPACE AGE LOVE SONG 7" PICTURE DISC SINGLE JIVE 1982 US $16.95 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Bell X1 - Tour De Flock-Live At The Point [CD New] US $17.44 Buy It Now 7h 6m
A Flock of Seagulls by A Flock of Seagulls (CD, Mar-2011, Cherry Pop) US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of A Flock Of Seagulls LP - US SELLER - RCA Records 12" US $8.00 [1 bids]
ROCK BUSTER 2LP GATEFOLD CBS 1970 Bob Dylan MILES DAVIS The Byrds SANTANA Flock US $21.35 Buy It Now 8h 58m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - NIGHTMARES - U.S. DJ PROMO 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 9h 42m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - SPACEAGE LOVE SONG UK 7 inch PICTURE DISC Single US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Flock of Seagulls Listen LP Mint in Shrink w Sticker ! US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 37m
THE FLOCK SELF TITLED VG+ 1969 ISSUE HEAR IT US $11.00 Buy It Now 11h 30m
Flock of Seagulls The More You Live The More You Love Pic Sleave. 45 in VG Cond. US $0.99 [0 bids]
A Flock Of Seagulls - Transfer Affection - 7 inch single US $4.73 Buy It Now 12h 13m
FLOCK OF SEAGULLS LISTEN 1983 ZOMBA RECORDS VINYL LP+INNER SLEEVE*INDIE CLASSIC US $15.17 Buy It Now 12h 57m
45 rpm _ A FLOCK OF SEAGULS The more you love_ on JIVE JS 1-9220-VG++ US $0.99 [0 bids]
NEW - I Ran by Flock of Seagull US $3.44 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Younger Brother - A Flock of Bleeps CD shpongle simon posford benji free US post US $23.00 [0 bids]
FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 14h 33m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS space age love song 45 PICTURE Record 1982 VG US $18.40 Buy It Now 14h 34m
A Flock Of Seagulls - A Flock Of Seagulls Vinyl Record Import 2013 New US $36.99 Buy It Now 14h 50m
45rpm-Flock of Seagulls-I Ran (So Far Away)/Pick Me Up-Jive 102 US $1.75 [0 bids]
A Flock of Seagulls - A Flock of Seagulls (Vinyl, 1982, Jive) US $6.00 Buy It Now 15h 10m
THE FLOCK LP CS 9911 CLOWN TRUTH I AM The TALL TREE + R VG- C VG- (LP-5240) US $5.49 Buy It Now 16h 8m
THE FLOCK - Debut 1969 - FUSION PROG PSYCH BLUES - OZ CBS SBP 233732 LP US $28.16 Buy It Now 17h 35m
A Flock Of Seagulls Dream Come True Lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 42m
A Flock Of Seagulls Heartbeat Like A Drum UK 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h 42m
A Flock of Seagulls Talking UK 12" 2 mixes Original US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
A Flock of Seagulls Talking UK 12" 3 track 1983 US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS: Self-Titled (VA 33003) (Jive-1982) EX/VG+ US $9.50 Buy It Now 20h 15m
Flock of Seagulls : Listen CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h
Follow the Flock, Step in Shit, The Locust, Very Good Single US $3.50 Buy It Now 22h 31m
A Flock of Seagulls - Best of (2001) CD US $8.49 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Bone Bird & Dock Flock B - Wingin' It [CD New] US $14.56 Buy It Now 23h 58m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - The Best Of CASSETTE TAPE / New Wave / PHILIPPINES US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls Talking UK 7" Synth Bill Nelson Cocteau 1981 EX/EX US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Super Rock double LP Near Mint vinyl santana Joplin Byrds Poco Hollies flock US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A flock of seagulls- telecommunication 7" EX US $3.71 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Transfer Affection UK 1983 Jive Ex Pop P/S 7" US $5.07 Buy It Now 1 day
The Flock Self Titled 1969 Stereo LP VG+ US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Flock-Dinosaur Swamps UK Import LP 1st Press Near Mint Rare US $48.98 [0 bids]
Lamb--Songs For The Flock Volume One 1978 Orig. Issue Vinyl LP Messianic XIAN US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JERRY GOODMAN & THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps 1970 COLUMBIA STR LP Jazz-Psych Fusion US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS MODERN LOVE IS AUTOMATIC, TELECOMMUINCATION 12" SINGLE US $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS SPACE AGE DELUXE DIGIPACK SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Light At The End Of The World by Flock Of Seagulls US $3.15 Buy It Now 1 day
1958 BILL SHEPHERD And His His Flock Swing LP ROULETTE STEREO VINYL RECORD US $16.25 Buy It Now 1 day
N.RACKER - FLOCK TOXICANT NEW VINYL US $33.02 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - (IT'S NOT ME) TALKING 45 Pic Sleeve JIVE RECORDS MINT- US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - WISHING / COMMITTED 45 RPM Pic Sleeve JIVE RECORDS MINT- US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - THE MORE YOU LIVE, THE MORE YOU LOVE 45 Pic Sleeve MINT- US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Tansads : Flock CD (1994) US $7.74 Buy It Now 1 day
SEVEN - SEVENTH TRUMPET / OOP RAP / NIMROD / CED-SO / SOUTH FLOCK / LIL-50 / 02 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls - A Flock Of Seagulls NEW CD US $15.30 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS The More You Live The More You Love 7" Orig Uk Issue Vinyl US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS The More You Live The More You Love 7" Ps, Dutch Pressing, US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
? Flock - Inside Out (Mercury SRM-1-1035) (Chicago jazz-rock group) ('75) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock of Seagulls 2 LP Lot Self-Titled NM/EX & Listen NM/EX US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magic [EP] [EP] by A Flock of Seagulls (CD, GNP/Crescendo) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Playlist: The Very Best of Flock of Seagulls CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Cassette Tapes- Cure, Trio, Flock of Seaguls, Go-Go's US $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FLOCK (Self Titled) (Import) US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
FLOCK: THE BEST OF THE MUTTON BIRDS *NEW ZEALAND* US $22.90 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls: Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) / Committed 7" 45 NM US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls: Dream Come True LP VG++/NM Germany Jive 6.26266 US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Toni Basil Bow Wow Wow Flock of Seagulls Specials Kim Carnes U.S. PROMO cd US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Flock Of Seagulls LP 4 Album Lot US $20.00 [0 bids]
Good '66 IL Garage THE FLOCK - Are You The Kind / I Like You on DESTINATION DJ US $8.00 [0 bids]
A Flock Of Seagulls - Rainfall (2 versions) USA PROMO CD SINGLE US $14.99 [0 bids]
Big Brother, Soft Machine, Ballin' Jack, The Flock "DIFFERENT STROKES" Comp LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS: Space Age Love Songs (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock of Seagulls "Listen" 12" Vinyl Album RARE 1983 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Wingin' It by Bone Bird & Dock Flock Brass (CD, Nov-2003, Alanna) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Outside of Simian Flock by Millionaire Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Brand New US $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK Of SEAGULLS I Ran - Best Of CD Cherry Red 2004 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK Of SEAGULLS Very Best Of CD Digipack 2008 NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE WEIGHT-PRISONERS OF THE FLOCK-COLOUR VINYL LP-NEW/MINT-2012 DEBUT-LIMITED US $23.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Shasta Flock - Off The Shelf [CD New] US $13.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Bell X1 - Flock - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls Who's That Girl UK 3 mixes 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
A Flock Of Seagulls I Ran MONO STEREO PROMO Jive 45 1982 Synth Pop Techno US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Bell X1 Flock (CD, Jul-2006, Universal) US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROCKBUSTER 2LP Gatefold 1970 CBS Bob Dylan FLOCK Poco BYRDS Miles Davis SPIRIT US $17.96 Buy It Now 2 days
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Iran 7" Vinyl Single 45 RPM 80's Synth Pop Ex Con US $2.12 Buy It Now 2 days
THE FLOCK 'THE FLOCK' UK LP 1969 A1/B1 US $25.40 Buy It Now 2 days
BONE BIRD / DOCK FLOCK BRASS - WINGIN IT NEW CD US $24.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Outside the Simian Flock [Bonus Track] by Millionair... US $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
A Flock Of Seagulls- Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) 7" US $6.78 Buy It Now 2 days
, Takemitsu: A Flock Descends Into Pentagonal / Spirit Garden / Dreamtime Audio US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
A Flock of Seagulls, Greatest Hits Remixed, CD, 99, Cleopatra VERY HARD TO FIND US $10.50 [0 bids]
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS I ran spanish promo rare single US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
A Flock Of Seagulls Talking Remix 12" Single 1983 Cocteau COQT3 Vinyl Record US $7.59 Buy It Now 2 days
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS-I RAN (SO FAR AWAY) B/W-PICK ME UP-VG+,1982 US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy THE FLOCK music online Buy THE FLOCK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE FLOCK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps ratings distribution

THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

TF's second album has a very bizarre but incredibly powerful pterodactyl imagery that most kids back then actually bought purely from curiosity (it was my case). Basically the group's sound hasn't changed that much except if you pay attention about whole TF scheme. The least I can say it that I was never impressed with this album's production, something rather odd for a large and rich Columbia label.

Some wild studio experimentation, followed by a gloomy organ and a solemn sax are some of the ambiances you'll enjoy from Green Slice, but then again you'll also get some kind of an unusually brassy country rock (first half of Big Bird) or some wilder jazzier country rock (second part of BB), Hornschmeyer's Island is a constantly evolving, but confused track, partly because the changes are occurring with somewhat poor succession of chords, but overall it's one of the album's highlights. The chorus vocals are a little iffy on the dB saturation scale on this track. A much wilder and straightforward Crabfoot, clocking over 8 minutes, has a heard-elsewhere chorus, but the track shines by its energy level, but again some abrupt changes are surprising and slightly cringe-worthy for demanding progheads, and of course the "unavoidable" drum solo closing the track, before some ridiculous electronics effects ending much of the band's credibility in terms of prog credentials. Mermaid is a weird semi-folk track that very spookily than become a strangely lame folk tune with some strange lyrics.

Overall I find that the same flaws that I had found on the debut album still exist in DS, and that this album's strengths lies elsewhere than in the debut, but no matter what: The Flock was never studio force, their live shows being somewhat rather different, legend has it. But I demand proof to review my relative poor take on this group

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#30874) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I knew nothing about The Flock when this LP was released, but I bought it since I thought the cover promised a great album. I can appreciate it more now; at the time I thought the album was interesting for its blending of divergent styles, but unsatisfying due to its reliance on sax and trumpet, and the overall commercial feel. To be sure, the album has some bizarre moments, perhaps included to give it more progressive credibility. Anyway, the performances and production values are solid, and the songwriting is pretty good, too.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#30876) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Review by Gatot
3 stars This second album sounds different than the debut album. One thing very noticeable is the use of Hammond organ! Yeah . it's truly seventies music man. For those who like CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY, CHAZE, BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS, or DIXIE DREGS or jazz fusion music may enjoy this album. The album starts off with an ambient "Green Slice" (2:03) that basically explores organ and tenor sax sounds, continued with "Big Bird" (5:50) in relatively upbeat tempo augmented with brass section work and violin; influenced by country music. The trumpet solo in alternate with violin is truly stunning. "Hornschmeyer's Island" (7:26) continues with heavy elements of jazz especially through improvisation part in the middle of the track where violin performs its solo. Brass sections, flute and guitar accentuate the song excellently.

It's unusual that the band starts "Lighthouse" (5:17) with electric solo followed with full music that brings voice line enters the scene. The bass lines are very obvious coupled with brass and guitar solo in uplifting mood. I like the interlude part where all solos are performed in compact fashion combining guitar, bass and brass section. "Crabfoot" (8:14) is an upbeat brass rock outfit, augmented with excellent violin work. The guitar solo reminds me to Chicago's Terry Kath, it's stunning. The interlude part is energetic with inventive brass section. "Mermaid" (4:54) is a track with different textures and styles compared to other tracks. The melody and rhythm are weird, they don't seem to fit but they produce unique sound. "Uranian Sircus" (7:09) is similar in style with previous track. I like the flute work and violin solo in this track - all performed in jazz nuance..

Overall, this album is less if I compare it with the band's debut album. However, it's a good album overall. Yours progressively, GW.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#30877) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 08, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The debut album from this US band has a special flavour for me (you can read more details in the appropriate entry). This follow-up has much less to offer IMO.

More jazz-oriented ("Green Slice" or a combo country-jazz ("Big Bird" which is excessively poor are not the best start I could have imagined. But things do improve with the subtle "Hornschmeyer's Island". The great Jerry Goodman performs an excellent violin part and vocals are sweet and emotional. Wind instruments not being too present is also a plus as far as I am concerned. The highlight of this album.

The same feeling prevails during "Mermaid". The least jazzy tune form this album. Again Jerry shows all his talent during his violin play which is definitely the highlight of this song (and album). Vocal harmonies are also well balanced.

If you are into jazz-rock, this album deserves your attention. If not, you might be disappointed by the little progressiveness you will discover.

I have a special tenderness for this band, although they don't really play the type of music I am found of, they are so closely related to my early teens with their first album that I'm going to rate this one with two stars. There are no such tracks as "Clown" or I Am The Tall Tree. If ever you would like to discover this band, you should stick to their debut album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#162957) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 01, 2008

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars The Flock made a rather remarkable transformation on their second album. The lineup is the same including violin impresario Jerry Goodman, but rather than the big brass and jazzy sound that dominated the first record, this one features copious amounts of multi- tracked vocals, an almost country-rock mood and violin work that sometimes borders on what can only be described as 'fiddling'. All in all I have to say I like this album very much, especially since the production quality is noticeably improved over their debut. Still, the significant shift in sound is quite surprising and must have been a bit of a shock to whatever fans they had in the early seventies. Rather than sounding like Chicago or BS&T, comparisons to the Grateful Dead are quite a bit more apropos this time around.

The opening "Green Slice" sounds like Steve Howe setting in on a session with Jerry Garcia, while "Big Bird" retains that country-fried rock sound but adds in the discordant brass that distinguished the middle part of their first album.

"Hornschmeyer's Island" would qualify these guys as a progressive band even if none of their other music had. The shifting tempos and moods along with a blast of vocals followed by a series of contrasting saxophones and trumpet make for a complex and engaging song all by themselves, but the shift midway to a torrid bass rhythm and dissonant violin solo is simply too cool for 1971, and something that impresses even today. Only a real turd of a filler track would have taken away from this, and fortunately the band managed to avoid including such a track which ultimately saves the record as a whole.

I think the oddest tune in the band's entire discography comes next on this record, a bluesy and driving version of James Taylor's laconic "Lighthouse" that apparently only salvages a few of the original lyrics and a heavily amped-up version of Taylor's guitar chord progression. Otherwise this is a heavy rock number that bears almost no resemblance to the original, but does trot out the same sort of harmonized vocals their debut album features, but that sound much better this time around thanks to the improved engineering.

"Crabfoot" is mostly an instrumental track with plenty of trumpet and saxophone (three of them if I hear correctly), a blazing number that shows the band members had managed to gel as a unit after a couple years of touring and studio work together. The scat-like vocals toward the end are unnecessary but don't take much away from the groove.

I'm not sure what the group was trying to accomplish with "Mermaid", a sort of British folk- sounding minstrelly thing that I probably would have appreciated more had it come out on a Dulcimer or Incredible String Album rather than a Flock record. Still, I like the song and give the group some credit for being willing to experiment.

Finally "Uranian Sircus" starts off sounding like something Principal Edward's Magic Theatre would have done, but morphs into a funky and almost psych number with a hippy version of white rap and a frenetic guitar riff that is as annoying as it is intriguing. A truly weird tune that could have only been recorded in 1971 or by Ozric Tentacles, and probably nowhere in between. Very cool.

I actually like this album better than the band's debut, although in the end I can't give it anymore than the three stars I gave that one simply because it is good but not outstanding. Three stars in a five star rating system is just too broad a range I guess. Anyway if you are curious at all about the band I would recommend this one first, followed by their debut record if you're still interested. And there's a CD reissue that combines both of them if you're feeling frisky and want to check them both out.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#588481) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 14, 2011

5 stars Well, the first time I got a glimpse of music was from The Beatles: After 3 Seconds I hated it! But what to hear instead?! Rolling Stones?Baaae! Frank Zappa? Too complicated: What the hell was the harmony in Nanuk?! Jazz? Horns??! Miles Davis? Noooo! Chicago?: Maybe. I got addicted to King Crimso ... (read more)

Report this review (#53881) | Posted by | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE FLOCK "Dinosaur Swamps"