DINOSAUR SWAMPS

Buy THE FLOCK Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Green Slice (2:03)
2. Big Bird (5:50)
3. Hornschmeyer's Island (7:26)
4. Lighthouse (5:17)
5. Crabfoot (8:14)
6. Mermaid (4:54)
7. Uranian Sircus (7:09)

Search THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps lyrics

Search THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps tabs

- Jerry Goodman / guitar, violin, vocals
- Jerry Smith / bass, vocals
- Rick Canoff / saxophone, saxophone (Tenor)
- Fred Glickstein / guitar, organ (Hammond), vocals
- Ron Karpman / drums, vocals
- Frank Posa / trumpet
- Tom Webb / saxophone (Tenor)

LP Columbia C-30007 (1970) / CD One Way 26658 (1996)

THE FLOCK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps Music

Heaven Bound-The Lost AlbumHeaven Bound-The Lost Album
Cleopatra 2014
Flock / Dinosaur SwampsFlock / Dinosaur Swamps
Import · Remastered
Bgo - Beat Goes on 2002
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS: Space Age Love Songs (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 56m 5s
A Flock of Seagulls "Listen" 12" Vinyl Album RARE 1983 US $4.99 Buy It Now 59m 54s
A Flock Of Seaguls 1982 or 12" Record US $9.99 [0 bids]
Cassette Tapes- Cure, Trio, Flock of Seaguls, Go-Go's US $21.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Wingin' It by Bone Bird & Dock Flock Brass (CD, Nov-2003, Alanna) US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Outside of Simian Flock by Millionaire Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Brand New US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
A FLOCK Of SEAGULLS I Ran - Best Of CD Cherry Red 2004 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
A FLOCK Of SEAGULLS Very Best Of CD Digipack 2008 NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 56m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS "BBC Live '82 + Peel Sessions '81" (10 tracks) US $11.99 [0 bids]
THE WEIGHT-PRISONERS OF THE FLOCK-COLOUR VINYL LP-NEW/MINT-2012 DEBUT-LIMITED US $23.38 Buy It Now 5h 45m
WEDDING SINGER OST Vol.2 - Kajagoogoo/Flock Of Seagulls/Adam Sandler+ (12Trk CD) US $1.64 [0 bids]
Shasta Flock - Off The Shelf [CD New] US $13.14 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Bell X1 - Flock - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 6h 32m
FLOCK - SAME Orig Columbia 360 Sound lbl CS 9911 '69 LP US PSYCH ROCK EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 7h 53m
"THE STORY OF A YOUNG HEART"...FLOCK OF SEAGULLS...LP.....NEAR MINT. US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
A Flock Of Seagulls Who's That Girl UK 3 mixes 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 39m
A Flock Of Seagulls I Ran MONO STEREO PROMO Jive 45 1982 Synth Pop Techno US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 23m
Bell X1 Flock (CD, Jul-2006, Universal) US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 41m
ROCKBUSTER 2LP Gatefold 1970 CBS Bob Dylan FLOCK Poco BYRDS Miles Davis SPIRIT US $17.60 Buy It Now 9h 47m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Iran 7" Vinyl Single 45 RPM 80's Synth Pop Ex Con US $2.08 Buy It Now 10h 33m
THE FLOCK 'THE FLOCK' UK LP 1969 A1/B1 US $24.89 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Outside the Simian Flock [Bonus Track] by Millionair... US $6.50 Buy It Now 11h 5m
A Flock Of Seagulls- Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) 7" US $6.64 Buy It Now 11h 12m
BONE BIRD / DOCK FLOCK BRASS - WINGIN IT NEW CD US $24.67 Buy It Now 11h 14m
Flock Of Seagulls LP 4 Album Lot US $20.00 [0 bids]
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS The More You Live The More You Love 7" Orig Uk Issue Vinyl US $8.29 Buy It Now 12h 43m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS The More You Live The More You Love 7" Ps, Dutch Pressing, US $8.29 Buy It Now 12h 43m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS-I RAN (SO FAR AWAY) B/W-PICK ME UP-VG+,1982 US $4.00 Buy It Now 12h 51m
A Flock Of Seagulls - A Flock Of Seagulls (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $34.86 Buy It Now 13h 18m
FATHA&HIS FLOCK ON TOUR SAME MPS YS-2615-MP Japanese pressing OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS DREAM COME TRUE LP SEALED US $9.49 Buy It Now 13h 59m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS THE STORY OF A YOUNG HEART LP U.S. US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h
ULTIMIX 132 LP A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS LUMIDEE MON A Q NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) 7" Record Jive 1982 US $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 29m
ANTELOPE DC Dischord punk 7" 45 CROWNS b/w THE FLOCK, Ian MacKaye produced US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 48m
BELL X1 - Tour De Flock: Live At The Point - CD+DVD US $28.71 Buy It Now 15h 14m
Outside the Simian Flock by Millionaire (CD, Sep-2003, PIAS,EU) Brand New Sealed US $2.95 Buy It Now 16h
A Flock of Seagulls "Listen" 1983 Jive Records JV-6606 Canada Stereo LP. EX!!!! US $13.50 Buy It Now 16h 15m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS-NIGHTMARES US $8.00 [0 bids]
The Flock - Self Titled Lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 20m
FLOCK OF SEAGULLS: A Flock Of Seagulls LP (w/ company inner sleeve) Rock US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 10m
BARRETT SISTERS What Shall I Render HE SHALL FEED HIS FLOCK He is the key NEW CD US $6.89 [0 bids]
Feed The Flock by Various Artists (CD, World Vision) US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 24m
THE FLOCK VINTAGE RARE 8 TRACK TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $2.00 [0 bids]
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS * LISTEN * CASSETTE TAPE * INCLUDES 3 EXTRA SONGS US $0.99 [0 bids]
LP THE FLOCK DINOSAUR SWAMPS 1970 COLUMBIA VG++ PROG ROCK US $15.28 Buy It Now 18h
BELL X1 - Flock CD ( 2009, Yep Roc Records ) US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 14m
THE FLOCK the flock LP Mint- CS 9911 Stereo CBS 1969 USA w/Insert Psych US $20.00 Buy It Now 18h 32m
1981 Arista Records VA 33003 A Flock of Seagulls "A Flock of Seagulls" Used US $1.99 [0 bids]
A Flock Of Seagulls LISTEN Arista 18013 Near Mint US $12.95 Buy It Now 19h 5m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 1981/1982 Zomba Productions / Arista US $12.00 [0 bids]
KILLING JOKE-BIRDS OF A FEATHER/FLOCK B SIDE UK NM/VG+ 45+PS US $8.98 Buy It Now 19h 16m
PACIFIC GAS /THE FLOCK/J.WINTER/AL KOOPER - RARE COMPILATION - URUGUAY- (4 pics) US $27.00 Buy It Now 19h 29m
FLOCK TIRED OF WAITING orig CDN Kinks GARAGE FOLK ROCK PROG PSYCH 7" 45 US $16.61 Buy It Now 19h 35m
Flock of Seagulls-Lot of 2 Picture Disc "Listen" and "transfer affection""I ran" US $10.00 [0 bids]
Flock of Seagulls- Listen- Cassette US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 29m
A Flock of Seagulls-Wishing (PS) MINT US $5.00 Buy It Now 20h 30m
45rpm-Flock of Seagulls-I Ran (So Far Away)/Pick Me Up-Jive 102 US $1.50 [0 bids]
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS (LIVE) - EXTREMELY RARE LP - BBC Rock Hour (#418) - MINT US $50.00 [0 bids]
A Flock of Seagulls vs. BP vs. Effcee I RAN / NEW YEAR'S DAY 12" USA 7411571378 US $12.97 [0 bids]
A Flock of Seagulls 1982 SELF TITLED CD NEW WAVE WITH "I RAN" USA RCA 1007-2-J US $14.30 Buy It Now 22h 49m
The Best of A Flock of Seagulls [Jive] by A Flock of Seagulls (CD, Feb-1991,... US $3.00 [0 bids]
A Flock of Seagulls 45 rpm 7" vinyl Single Space Age Love Song US $0.99 [1 bids]
Listen A Flock Of Seagulls Japan Press W/Obi & Inserts EX US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Flock of Seagulls -45rpm- Wishing / Committed - NM- / NM- US $2.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FLOCK - DINOSAUR SWAMPS - COLUMBIA LP US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Feed The Flock CD OOP CHRISTIAN United to Defeat Hunger 2011 US $6.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FLOCK ARE YOU THE KIND/I LIKE YOU (Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM) Destination Records US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Wishing 7" Vinyl Single 45 RPM 80's Synth Pop Ex Con US $2.08 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FLOCK DINOSAUR SWAMPS 1970 JAPAN CD OBI 1800yen SRCS 1ST PRESS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS A Flock Of Seagulls JIVE VG+/NM- US $9.35 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS -"1-st" & "Listen" 2 x Vinyl LP's NM US $21.32 [0 bids]
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - PLAYLIST: THE VERY BEST OF FLOCK OF SEAGULLS * - NEW CD US $6.35 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 'The More You Live, The More You Love' 1984 UK 12" JIVET62 US $30.00 [0 bids]
A Flock Of Seagulls 1st Lp w I Ran , Space Ag US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls Modern Love Is Automatic Uk 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls Telecommunication Uk 12" US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls Wishing, Commited Usa 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Flock Self Titled Original Columbia Release Excellent Near Mint 2A 2B Matrix US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 'TRANSFER AFFECTION' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 'MODERN LOVE IS AUTOMATIC / DNA' UK 7" SINGLE US $6.63 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 'WISHING' UK 7" SINGLE US $2.47 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 'NIGHTMARES' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 'SPACE AGE LOVE SONG' UK 7" SINGLE US $6.63 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS '(IT'S NOT ME) TALKING' UK PICTURE DISC 7" SINGLE US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls(Vinyl LP)Listen-JIVE-JL 8-8013-USA-VG+/NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Flock(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Dinosaur Swamps-Holland-S 64055-CBS- US $48.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Flock Of Seagulls(7" Vinyl P/S)Wishing-JIVE-JIVE 25-UK-Ex-/Ex US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS-WISHING (IF I HAD A PHOTOGRAPH OF YOU ) US $7.00 [0 bids]
A flock of seagulls-1983 magazine advert US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
A flock of seagulls-1983 magazine advert US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
While Sheperds Watched Their Flock By Night 8" 78rpm Eclipse SC21-B US $21.57 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Nightmares 7" Vinyl Single 1983 JIVE 33 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FLOCK SELF TITLED LP CS 991 US $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
N.Racker - Flock Toxicant [Vinyl New] US $23.98 Buy It Now 1 day
CD-FLAVIOLA AND THE FLOCK OF THE SUN-Same '74 Brazillian folk psych US $9.99 [0 bids]
A Flock Of Seagulls - The More You Live, The More You Love - 7-inch Vinyl US $11.61 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - Wishing (If I Had A...) (UK 2 Tk 1982 7" Single PS) US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
BELL X1 - FLOCK NEW CD US $16.24 Buy It Now 1 day
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Nightmares 12" Record 1983 IMPORT US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE FLOCK music online Buy THE FLOCK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE FLOCK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps ratings distribution

THE FLOCK Dinosaur Swamps reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

TF's second album has a very bizarre but incredibly powerful pterodactyl imagery that most kids back then actually bought purely from curiosity (it was my case). Basically the group's sound hasn't changed that much except if you pay attention about whole TF scheme. The least I can say it that I was never impressed with this album's production, something rather odd for a large and rich Columbia label.

Some wild studio experimentation, followed by a gloomy organ and a solemn sax are some of the ambiances you'll enjoy from Green Slice, but then again you'll also get some kind of an unusually brassy country rock (first half of Big Bird) or some wilder jazzier country rock (second part of BB), Hornschmeyer's Island is a constantly evolving, but confused track, partly because the changes are occurring with somewhat poor succession of chords, but overall it's one of the album's highlights. The chorus vocals are a little iffy on the dB saturation scale on this track. A much wilder and straightforward Crabfoot, clocking over 8 minutes, has a heard-elsewhere chorus, but the track shines by its energy level, but again some abrupt changes are surprising and slightly cringe-worthy for demanding progheads, and of course the "unavoidable" drum solo closing the track, before some ridiculous electronics effects ending much of the band's credibility in terms of prog credentials. Mermaid is a weird semi-folk track that very spookily than become a strangely lame folk tune with some strange lyrics.

Overall I find that the same flaws that I had found on the debut album still exist in DS, and that this album's strengths lies elsewhere than in the debut, but no matter what: The Flock was never studio force, their live shows being somewhat rather different, legend has it. But I demand proof to review my relative poor take on this group

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#30874) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I knew nothing about The Flock when this LP was released, but I bought it since I thought the cover promised a great album. I can appreciate it more now; at the time I thought the album was interesting for its blending of divergent styles, but unsatisfying due to its reliance on sax and trumpet, and the overall commercial feel. To be sure, the album has some bizarre moments, perhaps included to give it more progressive credibility. Anyway, the performances and production values are solid, and the songwriting is pretty good, too.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#30876) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Review by Gatot
3 stars This second album sounds different than the debut album. One thing very noticeable is the use of Hammond organ! Yeah . it's truly seventies music man. For those who like CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY, CHAZE, BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS, or DIXIE DREGS or jazz fusion music may enjoy this album. The album starts off with an ambient "Green Slice" (2:03) that basically explores organ and tenor sax sounds, continued with "Big Bird" (5:50) in relatively upbeat tempo augmented with brass section work and violin; influenced by country music. The trumpet solo in alternate with violin is truly stunning. "Hornschmeyer's Island" (7:26) continues with heavy elements of jazz especially through improvisation part in the middle of the track where violin performs its solo. Brass sections, flute and guitar accentuate the song excellently.

It's unusual that the band starts "Lighthouse" (5:17) with electric solo followed with full music that brings voice line enters the scene. The bass lines are very obvious coupled with brass and guitar solo in uplifting mood. I like the interlude part where all solos are performed in compact fashion combining guitar, bass and brass section. "Crabfoot" (8:14) is an upbeat brass rock outfit, augmented with excellent violin work. The guitar solo reminds me to Chicago's Terry Kath, it's stunning. The interlude part is energetic with inventive brass section. "Mermaid" (4:54) is a track with different textures and styles compared to other tracks. The melody and rhythm are weird, they don't seem to fit but they produce unique sound. "Uranian Sircus" (7:09) is similar in style with previous track. I like the flute work and violin solo in this track - all performed in jazz nuance..

Overall, this album is less if I compare it with the band's debut album. However, it's a good album overall. Yours progressively, GW.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#30877) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 08, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The debut album from this US band has a special flavour for me (you can read more details in the appropriate entry). This follow-up has much less to offer IMO.

More jazz-oriented ("Green Slice" or a combo country-jazz ("Big Bird" which is excessively poor are not the best start I could have imagined. But things do improve with the subtle "Hornschmeyer's Island". The great Jerry Goodman performs an excellent violin part and vocals are sweet and emotional. Wind instruments not being too present is also a plus as far as I am concerned. The highlight of this album.

The same feeling prevails during "Mermaid". The least jazzy tune form this album. Again Jerry shows all his talent during his violin play which is definitely the highlight of this song (and album). Vocal harmonies are also well balanced.

If you are into jazz-rock, this album deserves your attention. If not, you might be disappointed by the little progressiveness you will discover.

I have a special tenderness for this band, although they don't really play the type of music I am found of, they are so closely related to my early teens with their first album that I'm going to rate this one with two stars. There are no such tracks as "Clown" or I Am The Tall Tree. If ever you would like to discover this band, you should stick to their debut album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#162957) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 01, 2008

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars The Flock made a rather remarkable transformation on their second album. The lineup is the same including violin impresario Jerry Goodman, but rather than the big brass and jazzy sound that dominated the first record, this one features copious amounts of multi- tracked vocals, an almost country-rock mood and violin work that sometimes borders on what can only be described as 'fiddling'. All in all I have to say I like this album very much, especially since the production quality is noticeably improved over their debut. Still, the significant shift in sound is quite surprising and must have been a bit of a shock to whatever fans they had in the early seventies. Rather than sounding like Chicago or BS&T, comparisons to the Grateful Dead are quite a bit more apropos this time around.

The opening "Green Slice" sounds like Steve Howe setting in on a session with Jerry Garcia, while "Big Bird" retains that country-fried rock sound but adds in the discordant brass that distinguished the middle part of their first album.

"Hornschmeyer's Island" would qualify these guys as a progressive band even if none of their other music had. The shifting tempos and moods along with a blast of vocals followed by a series of contrasting saxophones and trumpet make for a complex and engaging song all by themselves, but the shift midway to a torrid bass rhythm and dissonant violin solo is simply too cool for 1971, and something that impresses even today. Only a real turd of a filler track would have taken away from this, and fortunately the band managed to avoid including such a track which ultimately saves the record as a whole.

I think the oddest tune in the band's entire discography comes next on this record, a bluesy and driving version of James Taylor's laconic "Lighthouse" that apparently only salvages a few of the original lyrics and a heavily amped-up version of Taylor's guitar chord progression. Otherwise this is a heavy rock number that bears almost no resemblance to the original, but does trot out the same sort of harmonized vocals their debut album features, but that sound much better this time around thanks to the improved engineering.

"Crabfoot" is mostly an instrumental track with plenty of trumpet and saxophone (three of them if I hear correctly), a blazing number that shows the band members had managed to gel as a unit after a couple years of touring and studio work together. The scat-like vocals toward the end are unnecessary but don't take much away from the groove.

I'm not sure what the group was trying to accomplish with "Mermaid", a sort of British folk- sounding minstrelly thing that I probably would have appreciated more had it come out on a Dulcimer or Incredible String Album rather than a Flock record. Still, I like the song and give the group some credit for being willing to experiment.

Finally "Uranian Sircus" starts off sounding like something Principal Edward's Magic Theatre would have done, but morphs into a funky and almost psych number with a hippy version of white rap and a frenetic guitar riff that is as annoying as it is intriguing. A truly weird tune that could have only been recorded in 1971 or by Ozric Tentacles, and probably nowhere in between. Very cool.

I actually like this album better than the band's debut, although in the end I can't give it anymore than the three stars I gave that one simply because it is good but not outstanding. Three stars in a five star rating system is just too broad a range I guess. Anyway if you are curious at all about the band I would recommend this one first, followed by their debut record if you're still interested. And there's a CD reissue that combines both of them if you're feeling frisky and want to check them both out.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#588481) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 14, 2011

5 stars Well, the first time I got a glimpse of music was from The Beatles: After 3 Seconds I hated it! But what to hear instead?! Rolling Stones?Baaae! Frank Zappa? Too complicated: What the hell was the harmony in Nanuk?! Jazz? Horns??! Miles Davis? Noooo! Chicago?: Maybe. I got addicted to King Crimso ... (read more)

Report this review (#53881) | Posted by | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE FLOCK "Dinosaur Swamps"