RESONANCE: BEST OF ANATHEMA

Anathema Resonance: Best of Anathema album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ANATHEMA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2001

1. Scars of the Old Stream (1:10)
2. Everwake (2:39)
3. J'Fait une Promesse (2:39)
4. Alone (4:29)
5. Far Away [Acoustic] (5:22)
6. Eternity, Part 2 (3:11)
7. Eternity, Part 3 [Acoustic] (5:08)
8. Better off Dead (4:22)
9. One of the Few (1:50)
10. Inner Silence (3:08)
11. Goodbye Cruel World (1:41)
12. Destiny (2:14)
13. The Silent Enigma [Orchestral] (4:14)
14. Angelica (6:58)
15. Horses (3:43)
16. Hope [multimedia track] (8:00)

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema lyrics

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema tabs

- Vincent Cavanagh / voice, guitar
- Duncan Patterson / bass
- Daniel Cavanagh / guitars
- Shaun Steels / drums

CD Peaceville Records CDVILE82P (2001)

ANATHEMA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema Music

Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2003
HindsightHindsight
Snapper Music Group 2008
MARCHE FUNEBRE-TO DROWN-CD-dark-anathema-my dying bride-katatonia-doom-death US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
ANATHEMA DISTANT SATELLITES Steven Wilson ? JAPAN CD + BLU-RAY AUDIO US $46.80 Buy It Now 5h 52m
ANATHEMA THE LOST SONG PART 3 RARE 2 TRACK DJ PROMO CD US $6.62 Buy It Now 10h 19m
Anathema - Srenades (2003) - New - Compact Disc US $9.15 Buy It Now 11h 14m
ANATHEMA - Untouchable (Record Store Day 2014) - limited 12" picture disc US $29.17 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Falling Deeper by Anathema (CD, Sep-2011, Kscope) US $9.02 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Anathema - Falling Deeper [CD New] US $11.96 Buy It Now 13h 4m
ANATHEMA FALLING DEEPER SEALED CD NEW 2011 US $5.26 Buy It Now 13h 34m
ANATHEMA - A VISION OF A DYING EMBRACE - *NEW DVD* *SEALED* US $7.57 Buy It Now 16h 50m
EDEN HOUSE Half Life: Fields of the Nephilim Anathema Mission Roxy Music 180g LP US $21.54 Buy It Now 17h 11m
VENOM TRIBUTE-IN THE NAME OF SATAN,1994 PRESS WITH SODOM,KREATOR,VOIVOD,ANATHEMA US $53.99 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Anathema-A Natural Disaster CD CD Excellent US $12.88 Buy It Now 17h 41m
THE GATHERING-The West Pole CD Gothic/Doom Metal THEATRE OF TRAGEDY ANATHEMA US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema 2 CD LOT DEATH/DOOM/PROG The Silent Enigma and Eternity US $2.99 [0 bids]
Anathema - Fine Day to Exit (2006) US $8.27 Buy It Now 20h 19m
+ ANATHEMA - FALLING DEEPER - CD near mint! digipak US $8.29 Buy It Now 21h 28m
Anathema Device Severing of Tithes CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Opeth - Orchid FIRST PRESS BLUE CD 1995!!! Katatonia, Alcest, Anathema, Agalloch US $22.00 [0 bids]
OPETH - Still Life CD,Amorphis,Katatonia,Borknagar,Bloodbath,Agalloch,Anathema US $2.81 [0 bids]
OPETH - Damnation CD,Amorphis,Katatonia,Borknagar,Bloodbath,Agalloch,Anathema US $4.68 [0 bids]
OPETH - Blackwater Park CD,Katatonia,Amorphis,Steven Wilson,Anathema,Agalloch US $2.81 [0 bids]
KATATONIA - Viva Emptiness CD,Amorphis,Bloodbath,Agalloch,Anathema,Borknagar US $4.68 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST ICON G/F 2LP + POSTER SIGNED original 1995 MFN anathema opeth US $114.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KATATONIA FOR FUNERALS TO COME CD 1995 AV009 anathema my dying bride opeth US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT 9 DVD DEICIDE KATAKLYSM MACABRE MUNICIPAL WASTE ANATHEMA MALEVOLENT CREATION US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - A VISION OF A DYING EMBRACE 2002 DVD PEACEVILLE Shipping is 7 usd US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - A MOMENT IN TIME 2006 METAL MIND DVD Shipping is 7 usd US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
HEDON CRIES - Affliction's Fiction (CD 2007) Anathema My Dying Bride Saturnus US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - WEATHER SYSTEMS - KSCOPE209 US $23.25 Buy It Now 1 day
KATATONIA Dead End Kings double LP my dying bride anathema paradise lost tiamat US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA Original Album Classics Judgement/Fine Day/Natural 3x CD SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA EMBROIDERED LOGO DOOM DEATH METAL PATCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gathering - The West Pole CD New Anathema Katatonia Lacuna Coil US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - RESONANCE - CDVILED82 US $14.94 Buy It Now 1 day
KATATONIA Embroidered Logo PATCH Opeth Bloodbath Anathema US $5.39 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GARDNERZ Embroidered Logo PATCH My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $5.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA Embroidered Logo PATCH Katatonia Antimatter Paradise Lost US $5.39 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Embroidered Logo PATCH ANATHEMA SOLSTICE BAL SAGOTH US $5.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Distant Satellites [CD+DVD] CD New US $29.83 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - A Fine Day To Exit - LP Black Vinyl - 1st edition US $25.00 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - Alternative 4 - LP Black Vinyl - 1st edition US $25.00 [0 bids]
Paradise Lost-S/T Self Titled RARE CD 2005 BMG Anathema My Dying Bride style US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA a natural disaster CD SEALED Original MUSIC FOR NATIONS 298 US $15.00 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - DISTANT SATELLITES NEW VINYL US $44.06 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - UNIVERSAL NEW CD US $24.30 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA Weather Systems Progressive rock/99 Cent Auction US $0.99 [1 bids]
Falling Deeper by Anathema (CD, Sep-2011, Icarus/Kscope) US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Morgion Rabid Decay Cassette Wild Rags Records OOP! Evoken Anathema RARE US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MOONSPELL wolfheart cd cradle of filth anathema tiamat ancient amorphis samael US $3.00 [1 bids]
Anathema HINDSIGHT CD UK 802644810621 Kscope new US $17.97 [0 bids]
LOVE HISTORY Galileo, Figaro - Magnifico cd anathema amorphis acid witch doom US $1.00 [0 bids]
GOLGOTHA Way of Confussion (Confusion) 3" CD EP Orphanage Anathema Avulsed Death US $12.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema : Serenades CD (1993) US $8.83 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA DISTANT SATELLITES Steven Wilson ? JAPAN CD US $29.80 Buy It Now 2 days
MOURNING BELOVETH-THE SULLEN SULCUS-CD-OOP-melodic-doom-anathema-my dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema - Distant Satellites CD New US $23.20 Buy It Now 2 days
MY SILENT WAKE a garland of tears LP LTD 212 COPIES ANATHEMA OPETH ATTRITION US $19.90 [0 bids]
Anathema cd album - A Natural Disaster, excellent US $12.15 Buy It Now 2 days
SENTENCED DOWN LP + INSERT 2014 CENTURY MEDIA REISSUE amok anathema death opeth US $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema ?We're Here Because We're Here LIMITED 2000 COPIES SEALED FREE SHIPPING US $49.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA DISTANT SATELLITES 2 X LP MINT SEALED ORIGINAL GERMAN EDITION US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - HINDSIGHT NEW VINYL US $44.06 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - NATURAL DISASTER NEW VINYL US $116.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema "Hindsight" CD (Kscope/Snapper Music, 2008) **Free Shipping** US $16.89 Buy It Now 2 days
KATATONIA Dethroned & Uncrowne BIG POSTER !!! Marillion/Steven Wilson/Anathema US $5.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Desolation - The Stone Oracles CD Opeth Anathema Carcass US $3.32 [0 bids]
THE GATHERING- Always... 2cd NEW Anneke Van Giersbergen Anathema Lacuna Coil US $1.64 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH ANATHEMA POSTER US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EDEN HOUSE 'Half Life' Fields of the Nephilim Anathema Mission Roxy Music new CD US $14.08 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun, Import, doom, lost, anathema, opeth, slayer US $2.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA, COMPASSION & AMBIENT MASSACRE: ALL 5 CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $20.73 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA & COMPASSION (EX - ANATHEMA): ALL 4 CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $16.58 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - STUDIO DEMOS & LIVE CD (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $4.96 [0 bids]
COMPASSION (EX - ANATHEMA): ALL 3 CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $12.44 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA & AMBIENT MASSACRE: BOTH CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $8.29 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - SMASHING THE ILLUSION & SYSTEMATIC ANNEX - ACCEPTANCE CD ANARCHO-PUNK US $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - THE FEEDING OF THE 5 KNUCKLE SHUFFLE CD STUDIO & LIVE (CRASS/ANARCHO) US $4.96 [0 bids]
Anathema - Universal [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Eric Roth & The Silver Schmateez Anathema CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema - Distant Satellites (2014) US $23.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Lake of Tears - illwill (LP) Paradise lost, opeth, anathema, Ulver, moonspell US $24.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Atahualpa ?- In Nomine Patris / Anathema (OLD SKOOL/TRANCE)(VG+) US $9.93 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA Serenades + Cresfallen EP CASSETTE US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA The Silent Enigma CASSETTE US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA Pentecost III CASSETTE US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOOMED 2014 Our Ruin Silhouettes CD Doom Death Ophis Morgion Anathema US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEX-ZERO-CD-doom-my dying bride-anathema-watain-nominon US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
therion theli catatonia anathema amon amarth lamb of god enslaved deicide cancer US $13.99 [0 bids]
ÍON ION Madre Protégenos CD Anathema Antimatter Duncan US $9.90 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA JUDGEMENT CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $165.79 Buy It Now 3 days
W.E.B.-DON'T WAKE FUTILITY 05 + VIDEO GREEK DARK METAL ANATHEMA DEATHSTARS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Antimatter-Lights Out RARE CD Anathema Member "Ambiente Metal" US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST Draconian Times - 2CD LONG BOX 1995 - OOP Opeth Anathema Katatonia US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANTIMATTER Alternative Matter Digipak 2x CD Prophecy ÍON ANATHEMA US $17.90 Buy It Now 3 days
LID - In the Mushroom first press digipak Peaceville Recs Anathema Trouble US $29.99 [0 bids]
Anathema "We're Here Because We're Here" 2010 Sealed [Porcupine Tree KSCOPE145] US $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema "Falling Deeper" 2011 Sealed Digibook US $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema "Hindsight" 2008 Sealed US $13.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema "Universal" 2013 cd/dvd Digibook Sealed US $19.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema "Universal" BluRay 2013 Sealed [KSCOPE518] US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy ANATHEMA music online Buy ANATHEMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANATHEMA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema ratings distribution

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars An ambient acoustic music that I really like!

Well, I knew the band by accident when my metal friend introduced me with some albums of the band. What confused me that there has been no metal music in the albums that my friend introduced me especially this "Resonance" album which features the light version of the music. All songs in this 'the best of' album I have never known before except those of Pink Floyd. The more I play this album I like it because the music is well composed and well performed by Anathema; all tracks are dark.

The main thing about this compilation is the acoustic guitar that plays significant role throughout the album. I always enjoy this one in its entirety because I do enjoy the flow of the music from opening till end of the album. All of the songs are ambient in style. "Far Away" (5:22) is a great song with powerful vocal and stunning acoustic guitar work. I also like the lyrics even though not a long one. It flows brilliantly to "Eternity, Part 2" (3:11), "Eternity, Part 3" [Acoustic] (5:08) - all of them in an ambient style that reminds me to the music of Pink Floyd. "Better off Dead" (4:22) (a cover of Bad Religion) is a very nice one with female vocal. Pink Floyd's "One of the Few" (1:50) and "Goodbye Cruel World" (1:41) are performed excellently. "Destiny" (2:14) is another excellent song with memorable melody, powerful vocal line. It flows nicely to "The Silent Enigma [Orchestral]" (4:14).

If you like Pain of Salvation 12:05< I am sure you like this album as well. Keep on proggin' ...!!!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#300375) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 24, 2010

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars With Anathema now having been together for ten years, it has been decided to release two compilation albums, each showing the very different sides of the band. According to Webster's "Anathema comes from the Greek word meaning "a thing devoted," especially to evil, hence a curse, from anatithenai, to dedicate, to set up, from ana, up + tithenai, to place or put". I am not quite sure what these guys are devoted to, apart from making music that is compelling and bringing together styles in a manner that is both strange and wonderful. It is has been a long time since I have heard any of their albums and these two collections do much in the way of explaining what they are about. Their albums shows that the band is happy both when crunching out dark melodic rock or when being gentle and melodic, and these albums have been divided along these musical boundaries.

'Resonance' has the band in reflective mood, as well as employing various female guest vocalists. Electric guitars are noticeable by their absence for the most part, as the emphasis is on acoustic guitars with melody and mood. Take for example "J'fait Une Promesse" where there is overlaid female vocals with suitably restrained acoustic guitars. It is the sort of thing that could be more expected from Renaissance, not a hard rock band. Most of the songs only have female vocals, but my favourite, "Better Off Dead", is a gothic and emotive duet. It is darkly beautiful, a masterpiece. I have to confess to not knowing the original by Bad Religion, but find it hard to believe that it could be better than this. This collection also contains a few Roger Waters numbers and "Goodbye Cruel World" is superb, possibly even better than the Floyd themselves. There is an orchestral version of one of their songs, a video of "Hope" and a live version of "Angelica" which must have been recorded by someone in the audience who didn't have a microphone. Six of the fifteen songs have not previously been available outside of Germany and Japan.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978114) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

4 stars Resonance Vol I. is a compilation emphasizing Anathema's "mellow" moments (Vol. II, released a short time after, focuses primarily on the heavier end of the band's sound- spectrum). The material on offer spans the band's career during the years 1992-1998, when they were signed to the Peaceville ... (read more)

Report this review (#85995) | Posted by bleak | Sunday, August 06, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is my Anathema's first heard album, so it's very impressive, and in my heart, it has an important part. I can play acoustic guitar, and it's my favourite music instrument, so I can cover most of the songs in this album. And it makes me happy. ^^ But, I have to say that it doesn't have man ... (read more)

Report this review (#31073) | Posted by | Thursday, February 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Probably for completests only, there is alot of filler here but other than that there is some good stuff. One of the few is a great cover, better than the origional in my opinion, but its not much of a floyd song to start with.The accoustic songs at the start are great, they sort of mold into ... (read more)

Report this review (#31072) | Posted by | Thursday, June 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANATHEMA "Resonance: Best of Anathema"