RESONANCE: BEST OF ANATHEMA

Anathema Resonance: Best of Anathema album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ANATHEMA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2001

1. Scars of the Old Stream (1:10)
2. Everwake (2:39)
3. J'Fait une Promesse (2:39)
4. Alone (4:29)
5. Far Away [Acoustic] (5:22)
6. Eternity, Part 2 (3:11)
7. Eternity, Part 3 [Acoustic] (5:08)
8. Better off Dead (4:22)
9. One of the Few (1:50)
10. Inner Silence (3:08)
11. Goodbye Cruel World (1:41)
12. Destiny (2:14)
13. The Silent Enigma [Orchestral] (4:14)
14. Angelica (6:58)
15. Horses (3:43)
16. Hope [multimedia track] (8:00)

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema lyrics

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema tabs

- Vincent Cavanagh / voice, guitar
- Duncan Patterson / bass
- Daniel Cavanagh / guitars
- Shaun Steels / drums

CD Peaceville Records CDVILE82P (2001)

ANATHEMA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema Music

Kscope 2013
JudgementJudgement
Sony Bmg Europe 2008
Universal - 2 DISC SET - Anathema (2013, CD New) US $12.45 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THERION theli ORG PICTURE LP FIRST PRESS SAMAEL ANATHEMA Amorphis Opeth Tiamat US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 24m
LEGACY MAGAZINE W/CD EMPEROR Therion SINISTER Enslaved AETERNUS Anathema GERMANY US $6.99 [0 bids]
Anathema Alternative 4 LP UK 801056741417 Peaceville new US $14.98 [1 bids]
Anathema Falling Deeper LP UK 802644582016 Kscope new US $15.50 [2 bids]
Anathema Serenades LP G 801056838612 Peaceville new US $21.48 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA ALTERNATIVE 4 + 4 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW US $5.88 Buy It Now 11h 25m
Anathema Original Album Classics 3 CD new Judgement Natural Disaster Fine Day US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 12m
Tiamat-Skeleton Skeletron lp/moonspell/samael/paradise lost/therion/anathema US $69.99 [0 bids]
MUSIC w/ ATTITUDE 06~ GODSMACK + COAL CHAMBER + Anathema + FILTER+ PROMO CD ~ UK US $7.95 Buy It Now 21h 39m
ANATHEMA Falling Deeper BRAND NEW 2011 HARD COVER BOOK VERSION VERY LIMITED US $10.99 Buy It Now 21h 43m
Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit NEW CD US $9.86 Buy It Now 21h 57m
sleepless - winds blow higher, agalloch katatonia anathema opeth manes alcest US $5.99 [0 bids]
far from mind - breakpoint 33', drudkh alcest anathema katatonia ulver agalloch US $6.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA Serenades 180gm Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $31.85 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA Pentecost 3 180gm Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $31.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Weather Systems [CD New] US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Atahualpa ?- In Nomine Patris / Anathema 1993 OLD SKOOL TRANCE US $5.03 Buy It Now 1 day
AUTUMNBLAZE Every Sun Is Fragile DIGIPAK ANATHEMA KATATONIA WOODS OF YPRES US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema / The Crestfallen EP + Pentecost III JAPAN PCCY-00952 Rare!!!!! C US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Eternity LP Diehard White vinyl - doom metal katatonia US $26.00 [7 bids]
Anathema - Pentecost III LP - doom metal katatonia US $12.00 [0 bids]
Anathema - Weather Systems LP - doom metal katatonia US $12.00 [1 bids]
Anathema - We're Here Because We're here 1242/2000 LP - doom metal katatonia US $12.00 [1 bids]
Anathema - The Silent Enigma LP - doom metal katatonia US $16.50 [6 bids]
Anathema - Alternative 4 LP - doom metal katatonia US $16.50 [5 bids]
Anathema - Judgement LP - doom metal katatonia US $13.50 [3 bids]
YEAR ZERO - NIHIL'S FLAME - CASSETTE NEW & SEALED! (Candlemass, Anathema ) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - UNIVERSAL (+DVD) NEW CD US $26.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Metalfest metal maniacs mag my dying bride anathema moonspell Bruce dickinson US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Testament metal maniacs magazine emperor anathema acid bath megadeth w.a.s.p US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit NEW CD US $8.07 Buy It Now 1 day
HEDON CRIES - Hate Into Grief (CD 2003) My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - ORIGINAL ALBUM CLASSICS NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA Falling Deeper Limited edition DigiBOOK hard cover CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WEDDING IN HADES 2012 Misbehaviour CD Gothic Doom Death My Dying Bride Anathema US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Weather Systems - Anathema (2012, CD New) US $9.28 Buy It Now 1 day
~ ANATHEMA - WE'RE HERE BECAUSE WE'RE HERE ~ MUSIC CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Cynic-Re-Traced cd digipack Atheist The Faceless Anathema Muse Porcupine Tree US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cynic-Re-Traced cd jewel Atheist The Faceless Anathema Muse Porcupine Tree US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema "Hindsight" 2008 Sealed US $13.43 Buy It Now 1 day
on thorns I lay - angeldust, katatonia october tide anathema saturnus alcest fen US $6.99 [0 bids]
Anathema - the crestfallen & pentecost III 3, saturnus katatonia paradise lost US $5.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY 1ST PRESS CD paradise lost virgin black anathema doom US $9.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA The Vision of a Dying Embrace DVD ( ALL AREAS US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
the loveless - star rover, bay laurel saturnus him tristania anathema slumber US $6.99 [0 bids]
on thorns I lay - future narcotic, katatonia anathema saturnus alcest slumber US $6.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - ALTERNATIVE 4 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.75 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE EMBROIDERED PATCH DOOM DEATH ANATHEMA PARADISE LOST Metal Negro US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - SERENADES - VINYL - 2 LP record alternative IV US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DEVLIN - GRAND DEATH OPENING CD DIGI NEW KATATONIA ANATHEMA US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema - Alternative 4 [CD New] US $10.59 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST -Lost Paradise LP 1990 Peaceville 1st Press Anathema cathedral US $39.99 [0 bids]
Paradise Lost-S/T Self Titled RARE CD 2005 BMG Anathema My Dying Bride style US $6.99 [0 bids]
RESTLESS OBLIVION 2014 Sands Of Time CD Doom Death Anathema Aglaomorpha Ophis US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema- Alternative 4 (CD Digi) - CDVILED73 US $13.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema Eternity CD (UK Import) NEW US $11.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema - Serenades LP doom metal Katatonia US $36.00 [9 bids]
Anathema - The Crestfallen ep - doom metal rock katatonia US $31.00 [3 bids]
"Anathema Alternative, Vol. 4 CD" US $11.20 Buy It Now 2 days
VENOM TRIBUTE-IN THE NAME OF SATAN,1994 PRESS WITH SODOM,KREATOR,VOIVOD,ANATHEMA US $75.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA SERENADES CD! Digi pack 2003 Peaceville reissue! US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE TRINITY CD! 2004 Peaceville digi reissue Anathema,Septic Flesh US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA ALTERNATIVE 4 CD! Original Peaceville 1998 release! US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Pentecost III Anathema CD US $8.80 Buy It Now 2 days
@ CD Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here SS K-SCOPE 2010 SEALED NEW US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Cynic-Traced In Air cd Atheist The Faceless Anathema Muse Porcupine Tree Death US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA. Part 1(1993 - 1999) 5 albums . Rare RUS Gloria label. US $14.90 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA. Part 2(2001 - 2011) 5 albums . Rare RUS Gloria label. US $14.90 Buy It Now 2 days
The Dear Hunter CD 2013 Migrant porcupine tree mars volta anathema US $0.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA CRESTFALLEN EP / PENTECOST III CD *NEW* SLIPCASE US $21.95 Buy It Now 2 days
KATATONIA-Viva Emptiness re-mix/remstr 10th ann PINEAPPLE THIEF, OPETH, ANATHEMA US $5.99 [1 bids]
ANATHEMA-Weather Systems digi KATATONIA, PARADISE LOST, PINEAPPLE THIEF, IQ US $5.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION-A to Z 3CD RADIOHEAD, PINK FLOYD, PORCIPINE TREE, ANATHEMA PENDRAGON US $7.99 [0 bids]
OPETH - LOGO T-SHIRT ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE BLOODBATH KATATONIA TRISTANIA US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OPETH - GHOST REVERIES COLOURED T-SHIRT ANATHEMA MY DYNG BRIDE TIAMAT KATATONIA US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA GIRLIE SHIRT -MY DYING BRIDE SHAPE OF DESPAIR PARADISE LOST CANDLEMASS US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH ANATHEMA - LOGO US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
cd-album, Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit US $10.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Pentecost 3 [CD New] US $11.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Alternative (NEW CD) US $15.53 Buy It Now 3 days
GAZPACHO-Demon MARILLION, ANATHEMA, PENDRAGON, FROST, IQ, KATATONIA, RIVERSIDE US $6.99 [0 bids]
NEW UNIVERSAL - Anathema US $15.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Severed Head of State Anathema Device 12" US $15.00 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - ETERNITY NEW VINYL US $44.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LID - In the Mushroom first press digipak Peaceville Recs Anathema Trouble US $34.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $8.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Falling Deeper - Anathema New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $18.64 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA A FINE DAY TO EXIT CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA A FINE DAY TO EXIT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA JUDGEMENT CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA WEATHER SYSYEMS CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA WERE HERE BECAUSE WERE HERE CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA JUDGEMENT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA WEATHER SYSTEMS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA WERE HERE BECAUSE WERE HERE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA NATURAL DISASTER CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $147.90 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA - UNTOUCHABLE NEW VINYL US $44.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Les Discrets-Ariettes Oubliées...1st PRESS BLACK VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver US $29.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy ANATHEMA music online Buy ANATHEMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANATHEMA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema ratings distribution

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars An ambient acoustic music that I really like!

Well, I knew the band by accident when my metal friend introduced me with some albums of the band. What confused me that there has been no metal music in the albums that my friend introduced me especially this "Resonance" album which features the light version of the music. All songs in this 'the best of' album I have never known before except those of Pink Floyd. The more I play this album I like it because the music is well composed and well performed by Anathema; all tracks are dark.

The main thing about this compilation is the acoustic guitar that plays significant role throughout the album. I always enjoy this one in its entirety because I do enjoy the flow of the music from opening till end of the album. All of the songs are ambient in style. "Far Away" (5:22) is a great song with powerful vocal and stunning acoustic guitar work. I also like the lyrics even though not a long one. It flows brilliantly to "Eternity, Part 2" (3:11), "Eternity, Part 3" [Acoustic] (5:08) - all of them in an ambient style that reminds me to the music of Pink Floyd. "Better off Dead" (4:22) (a cover of Bad Religion) is a very nice one with female vocal. Pink Floyd's "One of the Few" (1:50) and "Goodbye Cruel World" (1:41) are performed excellently. "Destiny" (2:14) is another excellent song with memorable melody, powerful vocal line. It flows nicely to "The Silent Enigma [Orchestral]" (4:14).

If you like Pain of Salvation 12:05< I am sure you like this album as well. Keep on proggin' ...!!!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#300375) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 24, 2010

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars With Anathema now having been together for ten years, it has been decided to release two compilation albums, each showing the very different sides of the band. According to Webster's "Anathema comes from the Greek word meaning "a thing devoted," especially to evil, hence a curse, from anatithenai, to dedicate, to set up, from ana, up + tithenai, to place or put". I am not quite sure what these guys are devoted to, apart from making music that is compelling and bringing together styles in a manner that is both strange and wonderful. It is has been a long time since I have heard any of their albums and these two collections do much in the way of explaining what they are about. Their albums shows that the band is happy both when crunching out dark melodic rock or when being gentle and melodic, and these albums have been divided along these musical boundaries.

'Resonance' has the band in reflective mood, as well as employing various female guest vocalists. Electric guitars are noticeable by their absence for the most part, as the emphasis is on acoustic guitars with melody and mood. Take for example "J'fait Une Promesse" where there is overlaid female vocals with suitably restrained acoustic guitars. It is the sort of thing that could be more expected from Renaissance, not a hard rock band. Most of the songs only have female vocals, but my favourite, "Better Off Dead", is a gothic and emotive duet. It is darkly beautiful, a masterpiece. I have to confess to not knowing the original by Bad Religion, but find it hard to believe that it could be better than this. This collection also contains a few Roger Waters numbers and "Goodbye Cruel World" is superb, possibly even better than the Floyd themselves. There is an orchestral version of one of their songs, a video of "Hope" and a live version of "Angelica" which must have been recorded by someone in the audience who didn't have a microphone. Six of the fifteen songs have not previously been available outside of Germany and Japan.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978114) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

4 stars Resonance Vol I. is a compilation emphasizing Anathema's "mellow" moments (Vol. II, released a short time after, focuses primarily on the heavier end of the band's sound- spectrum). The material on offer spans the band's career during the years 1992-1998, when they were signed to the Peaceville ... (read more)

Report this review (#85995) | Posted by bleak | Sunday, August 06, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is my Anathema's first heard album, so it's very impressive, and in my heart, it has an important part. I can play acoustic guitar, and it's my favourite music instrument, so I can cover most of the songs in this album. And it makes me happy. ^^ But, I have to say that it doesn't have man ... (read more)

Report this review (#31073) | Posted by | Thursday, February 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Probably for completests only, there is alot of filler here but other than that there is some good stuff. One of the few is a great cover, better than the origional in my opinion, but its not much of a floyd song to start with.The accoustic songs at the start are great, they sort of mold into ... (read more)

Report this review (#31072) | Posted by | Thursday, June 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANATHEMA "Resonance: Best of Anathema"