RESONANCE: BEST OF ANATHEMA

Anathema Resonance: Best of Anathema album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ANATHEMA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2001

1. Scars of the Old Stream (1:10)
2. Everwake (2:39)
3. J'Fait une Promesse (2:39)
4. Alone (4:29)
5. Far Away [Acoustic] (5:22)
6. Eternity, Part 2 (3:11)
7. Eternity, Part 3 [Acoustic] (5:08)
8. Better off Dead (4:22)
9. One of the Few (1:50)
10. Inner Silence (3:08)
11. Goodbye Cruel World (1:41)
12. Destiny (2:14)
13. The Silent Enigma [Orchestral] (4:14)
14. Angelica (6:58)
15. Horses (3:43)
16. Hope [multimedia track] (8:00)

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema lyrics

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema tabs

- Vincent Cavanagh / voice, guitar
- Duncan Patterson / bass
- Daniel Cavanagh / guitars
- Shaun Steels / drums

CD Peaceville Records CDVILE82P (2001)

ANATHEMA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema Music

Silent EnigmaSilent Enigma
Snapper Import 2013
Vinyl$37.43
Anathema - Distant Satellites CD New US $23.23 Buy It Now 37m 52s
MY SILENT WAKE a garland of tears LP LTD 212 COPIES ANATHEMA OPETH ATTRITION US $19.93 [0 bids]
Anathema cd album - A Natural Disaster, excellent US $12.15 Buy It Now 1h 59m
SENTENCED DOWN LP + INSERT 2014 CENTURY MEDIA REISSUE amok anathema death opeth US $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Anathema ?We're Here Because We're Here LIMITED 2000 COPIES SEALED FREE SHIPPING US $49.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA DISTANT SATELLITES 2 X LP MINT SEALED ORIGINAL GERMAN EDITION US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
ANATHEMA - HINDSIGHT NEW VINYL US $44.05 Buy It Now 7h 32m
ANATHEMA - NATURAL DISASTER NEW VINYL US $116.93 Buy It Now 7h 43m
Anathema "Hindsight" CD (Kscope/Snapper Music, 2008) **Free Shipping** US $16.89 Buy It Now 8h 10m
KATATONIA Dethroned & Uncrowne BIG POSTER !!! Marillion/Steven Wilson/Anathema US $5.55 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Desolation - The Stone Oracles CD Opeth Anathema Carcass US $3.32 [0 bids]
THE GATHERING- Always... 2cd NEW Anneke Van Giersbergen Anathema Lacuna Coil US $1.73 [2 bids]
BLACK SABBATH ANATHEMA POSTER US $16.99 Buy It Now 11h 6m
EDEN HOUSE 'Half Life' Fields of the Nephilim Anathema Mission Roxy Music new CD US $14.10 Buy It Now 11h 6m
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun, Import, doom, lost, anathema, opeth, slayer US $2.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA, COMPASSION & AMBIENT MASSACRE: ALL 5 CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $20.76 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA & COMPASSION (EX - ANATHEMA): ALL 4 CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $16.61 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - STUDIO DEMOS & LIVE CD (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $4.97 [0 bids]
COMPASSION (EX - ANATHEMA): ALL 3 CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $12.46 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA & AMBIENT MASSACRE: BOTH CD ALBUMS (ANARCHO-PUNK-CRASS) US $8.30 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - SMASHING THE ILLUSION & SYSTEMATIC ANNEX - ACCEPTANCE CD ANARCHO-PUNK US $4.97 Buy It Now 11h 54m
ANATHEMA - THE FEEDING OF THE 5 KNUCKLE SHUFFLE CD STUDIO & LIVE (CRASS/ANARCHO) US $4.97 [0 bids]
Anathema - Universal [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 12h 25m
Eric Roth & The Silver Schmateez Anathema CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 12m
Anathema - Distant Satellites (2014) US $23.23 Buy It Now 13h 51m
Lake of Tears - illwill (LP) Paradise lost, opeth, anathema, Ulver, moonspell US $24.00 Buy It Now 13h 53m
Atahualpa ?- In Nomine Patris / Anathema (OLD SKOOL/TRANCE)(VG+) US $9.95 Buy It Now 18h 50m
ANATHEMA Serenades + Cresfallen EP CASSETTE US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 40m
ANATHEMA The Silent Enigma CASSETTE US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 46m
ANATHEMA Pentecost III CASSETTE US $12.99 Buy It Now 22h 49m
DOOMED 2014 Our Ruin Silhouettes CD Doom Death Ophis Morgion Anathema US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 8m
NEX-ZERO-CD-doom-my dying bride-anathema-watain-nominon US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 28m
therion theli catatonia anathema amon amarth lamb of god enslaved deicide cancer US $13.99 [0 bids]
ÍON ION Madre Protégenos CD Anathema Antimatter Duncan US $9.90 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA JUDGEMENT CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $166.06 Buy It Now 1 day
W.E.B.-DON'T WAKE FUTILITY 05 + VIDEO GREEK DARK METAL ANATHEMA DEATHSTARS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Antimatter-Lights Out RARE CD Anathema Member "Ambiente Metal" US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Draconian Times - 2CD LONG BOX 1995 - OOP Opeth Anathema Katatonia US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANTIMATTER Alternative Matter Digipak 2x CD Prophecy ÍON ANATHEMA US $17.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema "We're Here Because We're Here" 2010 Sealed [Porcupine Tree KSCOPE145] US $16.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema "Falling Deeper" 2011 Sealed Digibook US $16.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema "Hindsight" 2008 Sealed US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema "Universal" 2013 cd/dvd Digibook Sealed US $19.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema "Universal" BluRay 2013 Sealed [KSCOPE518] US $18.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Gazpacho "London" 2011 2cd Sealed (like Marillion, Anathema, Nosound) US $16.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema-Untouchable (rare pic disc vinyl) Record Store Day SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA THE SILENT ENIGMA SPECIAL UKR. EDITION ODYSSEY DOOM METAL US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Venom Tribute Kreator Sodom Anathema paradise Lost Voivod Skyclad US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema-Serenades cd Anathema-Serenades + Extra Tracks US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE GARDNERZ - The System Of Nature LP - MINT - Doom Death Anathema US $11.63 [0 bids]
CELESTIAL SEASON - Forever Scarlet Passion LP - MINT - Doom Death Anathema US $16.61 [0 bids]
SHATTERED HOPE - Waters Of Lethe CD 2014 - MINT Death Doom Anathema US $9.96 [0 bids]
VA "City of Thorns" LP OOP SLA Cardinal Sin NRA Anathema Wermacht Skate Drunx US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
fragile hollow - effete mind, saturnus anathema katatonia tiamat to die for him US $5.99 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST PRINTED PATCH MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA KATATONIA MOONSPELL CEMETARY US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A Natural Disaster by Anathema (CD, Feb-2004, Koch (USA)) ORG US $20.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA**HINDSIGHT (GATEFOLD/HEAVYWEIGHT)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA -DISTANT SATELLITES-JAPAN CD BLU-RAY AUDIO Ltd/Ed I98 zd US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA "THEY DIE / CRESTFALLEN" 7"EP. Cat.WIHU9205 LIMITED FIRST EDITION US $65.00 [0 bids]
Anathema - The Silent enigma - Tape US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Alternative 4 - Tape US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Gothic LP ORG UK First Press MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA MOONSPELL US $39.90 [1 bids]
DRACONIAN - RARE LIVE IN TEL AVIV FLYER 2009 ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Antimatter "Lights Out" RARE CD Anathema Goth Gothic Rock Metal Ambient Ambiant US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Opeth/Therion/Paradise Lost/Anathema/Autopsy/Katatonia -Peaceville Classic Cuts US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
TIAMAT Clouds era logo patch anathema my dying bride dark tranquility dawn US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - UNIVERSAL: A CONCERT FILM BY LASSE HOILE - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema Serenades [2003] [Digipak] [Limited] (CD, Jul-2003, Peaceville Re... US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA WE'RE HERE BECAUSE WE'RE HERE SEALED CD NEW 2012 US $5.26 Buy It Now 2 days
DAWN OF ASHES - ANATHEMA * - NEW CD US $10.24 Buy It Now 2 days
ALAS Absolute Purity (ORG 2001 Hammerheart) anathema my dying bride hate eternal US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOOMED 2012 In My Own Abyss CD Doom Death Ophis Morgion Anathema My Shameful MDB US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - ALTERNATIVE 4 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.77 Buy It Now 2 days
GUEHENOM RARE CD CANDLEMASS ANATHEMA PARADISE LOST MOONBLOOD CATHEDRAL DOWN US $18.00 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - RESONANCE 2 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Alternative 4 [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] by Anathema (CD, May-2004,... US $9.15 Buy It Now 2 days
V.A. Classic Prog Mag. Present Little Fluffy Clouds W/ IQ, Anathema,Tiles US $4.95 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA -DISTANT SATELLITES-JAPAN CD F30 US $28.50 Buy It Now 2 days
ALTERNATIVE 4 The Brink Deluxe CD DVD Prophecy Patterson ÍON ANATHEMA ANTIMATTER US $22.90 Buy It Now 2 days
ANTIMATTER Fear Of A Unique Identity CD Jewelcase 2012 Prophecy ÍON ANATHEMA US $12.90 Buy It Now 2 days
The 3rd and the Mortal In this room RARE CD Gathering Anathema Third Atrox Ulver US $7.99 [0 bids]
The 3rd and the Mortal Memoirs RARE CD Ltd Gathering Anathema Third Atrox Ulver US $7.99 [0 bids]
( limited ) ANATHEMA - WEATHER SYSTEMS * LIMITED EDITION CD + DVD US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ARCANA COELESTIA-LE MIRAGE DEL IDEAL-cd-2009 Anathema.. US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dawn Of Ashes - Anathema [CD New] US $13.22 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - ALTERNATIVE 4 [BONUS TRACKS] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Silent Enigma (2001) CD US $9.78 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - A Natural Disaster (NEW CD) US $11.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Judgement (NEW CD) US $11.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Original Album Classics (NEW CD) US $17.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Alternative 4 [CD New] US $12.08 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Vol. 2-Resonance [CD New] US $10.57 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST ICON LP MADE IN BRAZIL RARE 1stPRESS 1994 OPETH KATATONIA ANATHEMA US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Without Face-Deep Inside RARE CD Goth Moonspell Anathema The Gathering style US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA "The Crestfallen EP" ORG 1st press RARE OOP!!! US $49.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Antimatter - Leaving Eden - black vinyl - record LP anathema US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - RESONANCE, VOL. 2 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA CRESTFALLEN EP / PENTECOST III CD *NEW* SLIPCASE US $19.97 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - WE'RE HERE BECAUSE WE'RE HERE (180GM) NEW VINYL US $55.64 Buy It Now 3 days
THE GATHERING The West Pole DIGIPAK THEATRE OF TRAGEDY ANATHEMA US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy ANATHEMA music online Buy ANATHEMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANATHEMA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema ratings distribution

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars An ambient acoustic music that I really like!

Well, I knew the band by accident when my metal friend introduced me with some albums of the band. What confused me that there has been no metal music in the albums that my friend introduced me especially this "Resonance" album which features the light version of the music. All songs in this 'the best of' album I have never known before except those of Pink Floyd. The more I play this album I like it because the music is well composed and well performed by Anathema; all tracks are dark.

The main thing about this compilation is the acoustic guitar that plays significant role throughout the album. I always enjoy this one in its entirety because I do enjoy the flow of the music from opening till end of the album. All of the songs are ambient in style. "Far Away" (5:22) is a great song with powerful vocal and stunning acoustic guitar work. I also like the lyrics even though not a long one. It flows brilliantly to "Eternity, Part 2" (3:11), "Eternity, Part 3" [Acoustic] (5:08) - all of them in an ambient style that reminds me to the music of Pink Floyd. "Better off Dead" (4:22) (a cover of Bad Religion) is a very nice one with female vocal. Pink Floyd's "One of the Few" (1:50) and "Goodbye Cruel World" (1:41) are performed excellently. "Destiny" (2:14) is another excellent song with memorable melody, powerful vocal line. It flows nicely to "The Silent Enigma [Orchestral]" (4:14).

If you like Pain of Salvation 12:05< I am sure you like this album as well. Keep on proggin' ...!!!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#300375) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 24, 2010

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars With Anathema now having been together for ten years, it has been decided to release two compilation albums, each showing the very different sides of the band. According to Webster's "Anathema comes from the Greek word meaning "a thing devoted," especially to evil, hence a curse, from anatithenai, to dedicate, to set up, from ana, up + tithenai, to place or put". I am not quite sure what these guys are devoted to, apart from making music that is compelling and bringing together styles in a manner that is both strange and wonderful. It is has been a long time since I have heard any of their albums and these two collections do much in the way of explaining what they are about. Their albums shows that the band is happy both when crunching out dark melodic rock or when being gentle and melodic, and these albums have been divided along these musical boundaries.

'Resonance' has the band in reflective mood, as well as employing various female guest vocalists. Electric guitars are noticeable by their absence for the most part, as the emphasis is on acoustic guitars with melody and mood. Take for example "J'fait Une Promesse" where there is overlaid female vocals with suitably restrained acoustic guitars. It is the sort of thing that could be more expected from Renaissance, not a hard rock band. Most of the songs only have female vocals, but my favourite, "Better Off Dead", is a gothic and emotive duet. It is darkly beautiful, a masterpiece. I have to confess to not knowing the original by Bad Religion, but find it hard to believe that it could be better than this. This collection also contains a few Roger Waters numbers and "Goodbye Cruel World" is superb, possibly even better than the Floyd themselves. There is an orchestral version of one of their songs, a video of "Hope" and a live version of "Angelica" which must have been recorded by someone in the audience who didn't have a microphone. Six of the fifteen songs have not previously been available outside of Germany and Japan.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978114) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

4 stars Resonance Vol I. is a compilation emphasizing Anathema's "mellow" moments (Vol. II, released a short time after, focuses primarily on the heavier end of the band's sound- spectrum). The material on offer spans the band's career during the years 1992-1998, when they were signed to the Peaceville ... (read more)

Report this review (#85995) | Posted by bleak | Sunday, August 06, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is my Anathema's first heard album, so it's very impressive, and in my heart, it has an important part. I can play acoustic guitar, and it's my favourite music instrument, so I can cover most of the songs in this album. And it makes me happy. ^^ But, I have to say that it doesn't have man ... (read more)

Report this review (#31073) | Posted by | Thursday, February 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Probably for completests only, there is alot of filler here but other than that there is some good stuff. One of the few is a great cover, better than the origional in my opinion, but its not much of a floyd song to start with.The accoustic songs at the start are great, they sort of mold into ... (read more)

Report this review (#31072) | Posted by | Thursday, June 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANATHEMA "Resonance: Best of Anathema"