RESONANCE: BEST OF ANATHEMA

Anathema Resonance: Best of Anathema album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ANATHEMA Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2001

1. Scars of the Old Stream (1:10)
2. Everwake (2:39)
3. J'Fait une Promesse (2:39)
4. Alone (4:29)
5. Far Away [Acoustic] (5:22)
6. Eternity, Part 2 (3:11)
7. Eternity, Part 3 [Acoustic] (5:08)
8. Better off Dead (4:22)
9. One of the Few (1:50)
10. Inner Silence (3:08)
11. Goodbye Cruel World (1:41)
12. Destiny (2:14)
13. The Silent Enigma [Orchestral] (4:14)
14. Angelica (6:58)
15. Horses (3:43)
16. Hope [multimedia track] (8:00)

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema lyrics

Search ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema tabs

- Vincent Cavanagh / voice, guitar
- Duncan Patterson / bass
- Daniel Cavanagh / guitars
- Shaun Steels / drums

CD Peaceville Records CDVILE82P (2001)

ANATHEMA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema Music

Remastered · Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2004
HindsightHindsight
Snapper Music Group 2008
ANATHEMA - Alternative 4 - LP Black Vinyl Record - 1st Edition US $25.00 [0 bids]
48m 43s
ANATHEMA - SERENADES (180GM) NEW VINYL US $52.76 Buy It Now 57m 55s
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST 3 (180GM) NEW VINYL US $52.76 Buy It Now 58m 15s
ANATHEMA THE SILENT ENIGMA SPECIAL UKR. EDITION ODYSSEY DOOM METAL US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
ANATHEMA-Resonance CD NEW US $13.29 Buy It Now 4h 42m
KATATONIA - Dance of December Souls 1993 No Fashion 1st Press ORG opeth anathema US $15.99 [0 bids]
KATATONIA - For Funerals to Come 1995 Avantgarde ORG opeth october tide anathema US $13.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - SILENT ENIGMA (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.85 Buy It Now 5h 23m
on thorns I lay - angeldust, katatonia october tide anathema saturnus alcest fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
on thorns I lay - future narcotic, katatonia anathema saturnus alcest slumber US $5.99 [0 bids]
sleepless - winds blow higher, agalloch katatonia anathema opeth manes alcest US $5.99 [0 bids]
far from mind - breakpoint 33', drudkh alcest anathema katatonia ulver agalloch US $5.99 [0 bids]
the loveless - star rover, bay laurel saturnus him tristania anathema slumber US $5.99 [0 bids]
SUBSTANCE FOR GOD Assembly of Flowers CD Mega Rare Doom Metal MDB Anathema 1993 US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 55m
MY DYING BRIDE - Thrash of Naked Limbs 1993 Peaceville 1st Press ORG anathema US $18.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - I Am the Bloody Earth 1994 Peaceville 1st Press ORG anathema US $9.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA -DISTANT SATELLITES-JAPAN CD F30 US $28.50 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Silent Enigma [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] by Anathema (CD, May-2003,... US $7.84 Buy It Now 9h 21m
fragile hollow - effete mind, saturnus anathema katatonia tiamat to die for him US $5.99 [0 bids]
IN GREY - Liyah (CD 2006) Swedish Doom Gothic Metal Rare OOP Anathema Autumn US $16.99 Buy It Now 12h 29m
THE FORESHADOWING Second World DIGIPAK KATATONIA ANATHEMA PARADISE LOST US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 21m
Anathema - The Silent Enigma first press lp vinyl my dying bride katatonia US $59.99 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Anathema - Eternity Vinyl Record LP US $37.73 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Anathema - Judgement CD - Near Mint US $10.63 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Anathema- We`re Here Because We`re Here - KSCOPE145 US $20.13 Buy It Now 18h 14m
ANATHEMA - DISTANT SATELLITES - KSCOPE302 US $18.83 Buy It Now 18h 14m
ANATHEMA the silent enigma JAPAN CD OBI SEALED K1 US $16.99 [0 bids]
KATATONIA Dethroned & Uncrowne BIG POSTER !!! Marillion/Steven Wilson/Anathema US $5.55 Buy It Now 20h 27m
AMORPHIS POSTER !!!!!! Powerwolf/Insomnium/Paradise Lost/My Dying Bride/Anathema US $5.55 Buy It Now 20h 27m
OPETH fantastic POSTER ! Pineapple Thief/Katatonia/Anathema/Threshopld/Enchant US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 27m
The Blood Divine - Rise Pantheon Dreams (Digi CD 2002) New! Anathema US $1.62 Buy It Now 20h 28m
ALTERNATIVE 4 The Brink DIGIPAK ANATHEMA ANTIMATTER ION US $15.00 Buy It Now 21h 43m
Anathema A Fine Day To Exit CD 2006 used NM / NM Sony BMG Music For Nations US $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 52m
Anathema Judgement CD 2006 used NM / NM Sony BMG Music For Nations [82876828532] US $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 52m
ANATHEMA WEATHER SYSTEMS SEALED CD NEW 2012 US $5.26 Buy It Now 22h 24m
ANATHEMA - UNIVERSAL - KSCOPE266 US $21.65 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Anathema - Silent Enigma [CD New] US $10.30 Buy It Now 22h 48m
60 House Trance Techno Vinyl Records 12" - DJ, CDJ, 1000, 1200, Tiesto, Morales US $9.78 Buy It Now 23h 8m
Weather Systems - Anathema New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.36 Buy It Now 23h 34m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 1 day
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Out There The Future of Prog Rock Asia Nektar Anathema Cave In IQ Blackfield US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA**ETERNITY (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA DISTANT SATELLITES SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON K-SCOPE US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema : Resonance (Enhanced) CD (2001) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III - BLACK VINYL - LP record 3 US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Falling Deeper by Anathema (CD, Sep-2011, Kscope) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Falling Deeper, Anathema, New US $13.66 Buy It Now 1 day
UKRAINE import ANATHEMA Weather Systems MOON rec. Ukrainian - UKR CD US $13.52 Buy It Now 1 day
UKRAINE import ANATHEMA Falling Deeper MOON rec. Ukrainian - UKR CD US $13.52 Buy It Now 1 day
DE PROFUNDIS - A Bleak Reflection (CD 2010) Doom Death Black Metal Anathema US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
W.E.B. - Don't Wake Futility (CD 2005) Anathema Antimatter Gothic Black Metal US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EN DECLIN - Trama (CD 2005) Gothic Rock Metal Opeth Anathema factory sealed US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A DREAM OF POE - The Mirror of Deliverance (CD 2011) Anathema Opeth Gothic Doom US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RESONANCE ROOM - Unspoken (CD 2009) Katatonia Opeth Anathema Forest of Shadows US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SNOWBLIND - Lord Of My Fate (CD 2003) Sentenced Nightfall Paradise Lost Anathema US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
APOSTATE - Trapped in a Sleep (CD 2010) Doom Death Metal Paradise Lost Anathema US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HEDON CRIES - Hate Into Grief (CD 2003) My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ET MORIEMUR - Cupio Dissolvi (CD 2011) Doom Death Metal My Dying Bride Anathema US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIES IRAE - Etherial (CD 2000) sealed slipcase Opeth Anathema Katatonia rare US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YEARNING - With Tragedies Adorned CD Anathema Opeth Paradise Lost Gothic US $24.49 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA Tour 2005 T-SHIRT "BRAND NEW" SHOP STOCK US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMORPHIS Tales From The Thousand Lakes PIC LP Rare 1995 TIAMAT ANATHEMA OPETH US $9.99 [0 bids]
Void Of Silence ?- Criteria Ov 666 DIGI CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FROM BEYOND - Endtime CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA RARE US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAINFUL MEMORIES - Memorial To Suffering CD FUNERAL DOOM METAL Anathema Scald US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING Nighttime Birds 1.press RARE DIGI 1997 Theatre of Tragedy Anathema US $79.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA The Silent Enigma CD 1995 GLOBUS My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Gathering US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Icon LIMITED DIGI 1993 Music For Nations My Dying Bride Anathema US $55.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - SERENADES - CDVILED34 US $14.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema- Hindsight - KSCOPE106 US $14.42 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - SILENT ENIGMA - CDVILED52 US $15.59 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Lost Paradise CD 1990 Peaceville my dying bride katatonia anathema US $59.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE The Angel and the Dark River LIMITED DIGI 1995 Peacevile anathema US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans CD 1994 Futurist Anathema Paradise Lost US $44.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YEARNING - With Tragedies Adorned CD Anathema Opeth Paradise Lost US $24.49 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST As I Die CD 1992 MFN anathema my dying bride cemetary US $44.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE The Light At The End Of The World EX CD 1999 Peaceville Anathema US $29.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MORGION Cloaked By Ages, Crowned In Earth CD 2004 Dark Symphonies dusk anathema US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - FALLING DEEPER - KSCOPE187 US $18.83 Buy It Now 1 day
SEVERED HEAD OF STATE Anathema Device CD 2003 Hardcore Holocaust punk US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Shades Of God CD 1992 MFN anathema my dying bride cemetary US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - ETERNITY [BONUS TRACKS] [ANATHEMA] - NEW CD US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
MOURNING BELOVETH - Disease For The Ages 2LP - MINT - Death doom Anathema Evoken US $27.76 [0 bids]
THE GARDNERZ - The System Of Nature LP - MINT - Doom Death Anathema US $11.43 [0 bids]
Gathering, The - Disclosure digipak within temptation anathema ulver epica US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Godsend ?- In The Electric Mist remembrance paradise lost anathema candlemass US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Godsend ?- A Wayfarers' Tears digipak paradise lost anathema candlemass US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA CD - DISTANT SATELLITES (2014) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA**UNTOUCHABLE**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Untouchable [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A. Classic Prog Mag. Present Little Fluffy Clouds W/ IQ, Anathema,Tiles US $4.95 [0 bids]
Ulver - first decade in the machines rare promo ion in the woods anathema US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Daylight Dies - no reply anathema my dying bride swallow the sun novembers doom US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Shadowdances - Burning Shadows 1st press rare paradise lost anathema doom US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pentecost III/Crestfallen by Anathema (CD, Aug-1997, Fierce) US $11.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy ANATHEMA music online Buy ANATHEMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANATHEMA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema ratings distribution

ANATHEMA Resonance: Best of Anathema reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars An ambient acoustic music that I really like!

Well, I knew the band by accident when my metal friend introduced me with some albums of the band. What confused me that there has been no metal music in the albums that my friend introduced me especially this "Resonance" album which features the light version of the music. All songs in this 'the best of' album I have never known before except those of Pink Floyd. The more I play this album I like it because the music is well composed and well performed by Anathema; all tracks are dark.

The main thing about this compilation is the acoustic guitar that plays significant role throughout the album. I always enjoy this one in its entirety because I do enjoy the flow of the music from opening till end of the album. All of the songs are ambient in style. "Far Away" (5:22) is a great song with powerful vocal and stunning acoustic guitar work. I also like the lyrics even though not a long one. It flows brilliantly to "Eternity, Part 2" (3:11), "Eternity, Part 3" [Acoustic] (5:08) - all of them in an ambient style that reminds me to the music of Pink Floyd. "Better off Dead" (4:22) (a cover of Bad Religion) is a very nice one with female vocal. Pink Floyd's "One of the Few" (1:50) and "Goodbye Cruel World" (1:41) are performed excellently. "Destiny" (2:14) is another excellent song with memorable melody, powerful vocal line. It flows nicely to "The Silent Enigma [Orchestral]" (4:14).

If you like Pain of Salvation 12:05< I am sure you like this album as well. Keep on proggin' ...!!!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#300375) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 24, 2010

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars With Anathema now having been together for ten years, it has been decided to release two compilation albums, each showing the very different sides of the band. According to Webster's "Anathema comes from the Greek word meaning "a thing devoted," especially to evil, hence a curse, from anatithenai, to dedicate, to set up, from ana, up + tithenai, to place or put". I am not quite sure what these guys are devoted to, apart from making music that is compelling and bringing together styles in a manner that is both strange and wonderful. It is has been a long time since I have heard any of their albums and these two collections do much in the way of explaining what they are about. Their albums shows that the band is happy both when crunching out dark melodic rock or when being gentle and melodic, and these albums have been divided along these musical boundaries.

'Resonance' has the band in reflective mood, as well as employing various female guest vocalists. Electric guitars are noticeable by their absence for the most part, as the emphasis is on acoustic guitars with melody and mood. Take for example "J'fait Une Promesse" where there is overlaid female vocals with suitably restrained acoustic guitars. It is the sort of thing that could be more expected from Renaissance, not a hard rock band. Most of the songs only have female vocals, but my favourite, "Better Off Dead", is a gothic and emotive duet. It is darkly beautiful, a masterpiece. I have to confess to not knowing the original by Bad Religion, but find it hard to believe that it could be better than this. This collection also contains a few Roger Waters numbers and "Goodbye Cruel World" is superb, possibly even better than the Floyd themselves. There is an orchestral version of one of their songs, a video of "Hope" and a live version of "Angelica" which must have been recorded by someone in the audience who didn't have a microphone. Six of the fifteen songs have not previously been available outside of Germany and Japan.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978114) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

4 stars Resonance Vol I. is a compilation emphasizing Anathema's "mellow" moments (Vol. II, released a short time after, focuses primarily on the heavier end of the band's sound- spectrum). The material on offer spans the band's career during the years 1992-1998, when they were signed to the Peaceville ... (read more)

Report this review (#85995) | Posted by bleak | Sunday, August 06, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is my Anathema's first heard album, so it's very impressive, and in my heart, it has an important part. I can play acoustic guitar, and it's my favourite music instrument, so I can cover most of the songs in this album. And it makes me happy. ^^ But, I have to say that it doesn't have man ... (read more)

Report this review (#31073) | Posted by | Thursday, February 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Probably for completests only, there is alot of filler here but other than that there is some good stuff. One of the few is a great cover, better than the origional in my opinion, but its not much of a floyd song to start with.The accoustic songs at the start are great, they sort of mold into ... (read more)

Report this review (#31072) | Posted by | Thursday, June 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANATHEMA "Resonance: Best of Anathema"