THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

- Bernie Shaw / lead vocals

- Special guests: Ken Hensley, John Lawton, Thijs van Leer
- Emma Robbins, Kim Chandler, Aileen McLaughlin / backing singers

2002 UK: CRL0933

and to easy livin for the last updates

URIAH HEEP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party Music

OutsiderOutsider
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Demons & WizardsDemons & Wizards
Mercury 1990
SalisburySalisbury
Magician's BirthdayMagician's Birthday
Mercury 1990
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep
Island Def Jam 2001
Extra tracks · Import
URIAH HEEP - PRIMA DONNA 7" VINYL US $12.69 Buy It Now 31m 16s
Uriah Heep - The Best Of The Best Lp Venezuela US $32.99 Buy It Now 31m 59s
URIAH HEEP - ROCKARAMA 7" VINYL PS US $9.30 Buy It Now 32m 56s
Uriah Heep Demons & Wizards Original Record Vinyl Album VGC 1973 US $9.99 [0 bids]
53m 43s
URIAH HEEP - Best Ballads- Bulgarian release, mid 90s US $4.65 Buy It Now 1h 2m
URIAH HEEP - ABOMINOG - BONUS TRACKS (UK) (DLX) NEW CD US $19.01 Buy It Now 1h 58m
URIAH HEEP INNOCENT VICTIM LP JOHN LAWTON US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
URIAH HEEP - "FIREFLY" (WARNER BROS BS 3013) YEAR: 1977 VG++ US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Uriah Heep The Definitive Spitfire Collection CD NEW SEALED US $8.46 Buy It Now 2h 33m
URIAH HEEP SWEET LORRAINE/BLIND EYE 45 RPM RECORD US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
URIAH HEEP Wonderworld Vinyl 12" LP 1974 Warner Bros Bronze ~h US $10.36 Buy It Now 2h 41m
URIAH HEEP Live Vinyl 12" Double LP Mercury 1973 ~h US $11.96 Buy It Now 2h 41m
URIAH HEEP "NM WAX" Uriah Heep Live PSS-273-BZ 2LP AB2808 US $11.50 [6 bids]
URIAH HEEP "NM WAX" Wonderworld YP-7067-BZ OBI LP Ab1769 US $108.50 [13 bids]
URIAH HEEP "NM WAX" Return to Fantasy P-8580 LP AB2755 US $19.50 [7 bids]
URIAH HEEP "PROMO / NM WAX" Demons and Wizards WBS-71019 OBI LP AB1899 US $38.75 [13 bids]
URIAH HEEP "PROMO / NM WAX" Conquest WBS-81308 OBI LP Ab2753 US $27.00 [7 bids]
URIAH HEEP "PROMO / NM WAX" Innocent Victim WBS-71017 OBI LP Ab1892 US $36.00 [10 bids]
URIAH HEEP Return to Fantasy BS2869 LP AB2754 US $8.50 [2 bids]
URIAH HEEP "PROMO" Look at Yourself WBS-71018 OBI LP Ab2750 US $17.05 [11 bids]
URIAH HEEP "PROMO / NM WAX" Look at Yourself SRM1-614 LP Ab2752 US $13.49 [8 bids]
URIAH HEEP "NM WAX" High and Mighty BS2949 LP Ab1896 US $13.50 [6 bids]
Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself / Firefly CD '99 Bronze US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
URIAH HEEP-Demons And Wizards-LP-1972 Bronze Records UK issue G/Fold-ILPS 9193 US $40.32 Buy It Now 3h 11m
URIAH HEEP-Innocent Victim-LP-1972 Bronze Records Australian issue - L 36421 US $35.62 Buy It Now 3h 32m
URIAH HEEP "THATS THE WAY THAT IT IS" 7" PROMO 45 1982 MINT US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
The Best Of [Digipak] by Uriah Heep (CD, Apr-2007, Mercury) US $102.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
URIAH HEEP - 1974 ticket stub NEWCASTLE CITY HALL US $22.01 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Uriah Heep "the Magicians Birthday" US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
URIAH HEEP LIVE JANUARY 1973 US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
URIAH HEEP ~ GENUINE HAND SIGNED UK CONCERT TOUR PROGRAMME 1980 US $330.44 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Uriah Heep-Live US $6.00 [0 bids]
First Album by Grand Prix/new cd/Bernie Shaw/Uriah Heep US $50.00 Buy It Now 6h 7m
JOHN LAWTON BAND A Sting in the Tale CD Melodic Hard Rock Uriah Heep 2003 RARE US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
URIAH HEEP~THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY~RARE ORIG '71 MERCURY LP~ROGER DEAN COVER~EX+ US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
URIAH HEEP - URIAH HEEP LIVE - NEW CD US $2.52 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Uriah Heep The Magician's Birthday Vinyl 12" LP Gatefold Mercury SRM 1 652 Rock US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Elton John/David Byron RARE 45 Avenue Records SOUL BUSTERS 7" VINYL Uriah Heep US $38.96 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Uriah Heep Salisbury with the Vertigo Swirl label, very rare! US $99.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP RETURN to FANTASY VINYL RECORD ALBUM PROMO US $35.00 Buy It Now 7h 27m
URIAH HEEP Demons & Wizards + Return to Fantasy LP Vinyl original Gatefold Ex+ US $10.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP LP, The Magician's Birthday, on Mercury Records, 1972, HARD ROCK US $4.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP LP SRM-1-4057 ABOMINOG SELL YOUR SOUL 0804 R VG/EX C VG- (LP-5917) US $5.49 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Blood on Stone: Anthology, Vol. 2 by Uriah Heep (CD, Mar-2001, Castle Music... US $4.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep The Magicians Birthday VG+ LP Vinyl Record 1972 Album Rock Mercury US $9.99 [0 bids]
Good Time Warrior Lucifer's Friend Uriah Heep NM- in shrink &0's Hard Rock US $5.75 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Uriah Heep HEAD FIRST VG+/NM 812-313-1 M-1 Mercury Records 1983 US $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 34m
URIAH HEEP Still Sealed New 1977 LP INNOCENT VICTIM US $29.77 Buy It Now 9h 35m
rare CD 80's 70's ASIA MOODY BLUES kansas STYX dio URIAH HEEP kansas STEPPENWOLF US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
URIAH HEEP LP. . .the magician's birthday 1972 US $6.75 Buy It Now 9h 45m
URIAH HEEP ABOMINOG / JAPAN OBI US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 58m
"The Best of Uriah Heep" LP Record Album US $0.99 [0 bids]
Salisbury Uriah Heep Audio CD US $11.94 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Uriah Heep,Demons And Wizards,1972 Mercury Press.VG+ Cond. US $5.49 Buy It Now 10h 59m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY '72 1st island orig! US $99.00 Buy It Now 11h 16m
Ken Hensley- Proud Words On a Dusty Shelf- new/sealed 8 Track tape- Uriah Heep US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Uriah Heep - Official Bootleg Vol Iv - Live From Brisbane 2011 NEW CD US $15.93 Buy It Now 12h 7m
Uriah Heep Fallen Angel [+8] Japan Limited Mini-LP CD BVCM-37738 W/Obi US $14.50 [4 bids]
MAGNUM URIAH HEEP ROBIN GEORGE "CRYING DIAMONDS" JAP CD 1 BONUS TRACK - MINT! US $6.76 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP DEMONS AND WIZARDS RECYCLED VINYL LP RECORD BOWL WITH ALBUM COVER BOX US $11.49 Buy It Now 13h 2m
URIAH HEEP SELF TITLED RECYCLED VINTAGE VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD BOWL US $11.49 Buy It Now 13h 6m
URIAH HEEP LOOK AT YOURSELF FIRST GERMAN STEREO LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Pete York Percussion Band - S/T Japan cd Deep Purple Uriah Heep Eddie Hardin RAR US $59.90 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Uriah Heep - Firefly cd BRONZE W Germany SONOPRESS Ken Hensley Lucifer's Friend US $89.90 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Uriah Heep - Abominog 1st cd BRONZE W Germany SONOPRESS Lee Kerslake Trapeze RAR US $59.90 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards Japan cd METALMANIA Ken Hensley David Byron US $64.90 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Grand Prix - Samurai 1983 Japan cd BURRN! Far Corporation Uriah Heep MSG Tarzen US $49.90 Buy It Now 13h 47m
URIAH HEEP EQUATOR WORLD TOUR 1985 PROGRAMME COLOUR CONCERT BOOKLET (TICKETS STA US $33.04 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Uriah Heep - Equator 1985 USA LP Prog Rock Promo Stamp EX+/EX 1st press US $7.50 Buy It Now 14h 24m
STATUS QUO MONSTERS OF ROCK 1982 PROGRAMME WITH GILLAN/SAXON/HAWKWIND/URIAH HEEP US $33.04 Buy It Now 14h 25m
URIAH HEEP LIVE ULTRA RARE NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE TAPE! US $17.83 Buy It Now 16h 15m
URIAH HEEP - ABOMINOG [SANCTUARY BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $13.06 Buy It Now 16h 17m
URIAH HEEP - THE LANSDOWNE TAPES CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 16h 19m
Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 17h 11m
The Best of Uriah Heep 1978 RCA Music Club Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, VG++ US $22.00 Buy It Now 17h 33m
Uriah Heep: The Best Of LP VG++/NM Canada Mercury SRM 1-695 Alternate Cover US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Uriah Heep: Innocent Victim LP NM Canada Warner Bros. KBS 3145 NICE US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 51m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY JAPAN LP+EP LOOK AT YOURSELF ULTRA RARE!! US $24.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 19h 4m
URIAH HEEP VERY EAVY VERY UMBLE / WITH OBI US $89.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
URIAH HEEP FALLEN ANGEL / GATEFOLD COVER WITH OBI US $89.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY / GATEFOLD COVER WITH OBI US $89.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
URIAH HEEP SALISBURY / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
URIAH HEEP RETURN TO FANTASY / GATEFOLD COVER WITH OBI US $89.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
URIAH HEEP DEMONS AND WIZARDS / GATEFOLD COVER WITH OBI US $89.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
URIAH HEEP LOOK AT YOURSELF / WITH OBI US $79.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
1974 - URIAH HEEP - Wonderworld + UK Tour - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.23 Buy It Now 19h 32m
URIAH HEEP - LP VINYL - Wonderworld US $1.99 [1 bids]
Uriah Heep-Magic Night [Sacd/CD Hybrid] CD SACD, Hybrid SACD Excellent US $172.40 Buy It Now 19h 51m
URIAH HEEP DEMONS AND WIZARDS LP 1986 GERMANY NEAR MINT VINYL ROCK AND ROLL US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 4m
Uriah Heep - Greatest hits - 2 CD -digipak -brand new US $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 13m
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 20h 16m
ROUGH DIAMOND (DAVID BYRON OF URIAH HEEP) self titled ILPS 9490 Rock LP VG/EX US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 7m
Uriah Heep: Look at Yourself Promo Sleeve Japan Mini-LP (purple deep no cd Q US $52.25 Buy It Now 21h 16m
Uriah Heep: Salisbury Promo Sleeve Japan Mini-LP (purple deep no cd Q US $42.75 Buy It Now 21h 16m
Uriah Heep: s/t [1st] Promo Sleeve Japan Mini-LP (purple deep rainbow no cd Q US $47.50 Buy It Now 21h 16m
Uriah Heep Easy livin' - 1992 BMG Ariola US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 33m
KEN HENSLEY / URIAH HEEP - The Anthology (Castle Music #CMACD569) - VERY RARE! US $24.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - FALLEN ANGEL 1978 CHRYSALIS CUT CORNER EX VINYL LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 47m
Uriah Heep Abominog Junior 7'' Vinyl Record US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 9m

More places to buy URIAH HEEP music online Buy URIAH HEEP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for URIAH HEEP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party ratings distribution

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars What can I say about this album? Just buy the CD! It's an excellent live recording with an excellent production. If you enjoy live recording, you will definitely love this album. Beyond my expectation, Bernie Shaw performs really well in this record. He even can manage various tones of vocals as required by the songs. The appearance of guests has enhanced this record. I especially like the feature of THIJS VAN LEER of FOCUS in "Tales". He performs nice flute playing throughout the spectrum of the song. He plays flute softly but it flows through continuously with the music. "Tales" is much better performed in this live version compared to studio version (under THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY album). This CD should have been released in DOUBLE CD as I notice there are a lot of elimination from original live performance. That's the reason why I give four-star. I definitely give five-star if all tracks are recorded in CD version.

KEN HENSLEY was invited at the JULY MORNING where he still demonstrates his unique sound of organ / keyboard. I also love the appearance of JOHN LAWTON my favorite singer that was previously with LUCIFER'S FRIEND. Unfortunately LAWTON's performance is bit below my expectation even though it still great overall. MICK BOX still perform wonderfully with his unique guitar sound. In some tracks, TREVOR BOLDER demonstrates his shuffling bass guitar playing. One important notice I want to mention is on drummer: LEE KERSLAKE still energetically plays his sticks and pedal drum excellently. He even sometimes sings. Great drum play Mr. KERSLAKE!!

There is a DVD version of this show and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to purchase this DVD. It's a masterpiece!! I even rate this DVD with FIVE STAR as it's so attractive in terms of stage performance as well as sound & image production. I also like the nuances created by the DVD about the show: audience entering the ticket gates (most of them beyond 40 man!), the band's press conference, general rehearsal. There are songs that are eliminated in CD version, including the great one: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. I especially love BERNIE SHAW's singing style in this song. You should have this DVD. This DVD is my all-time favorite. It's great having this collection as the classic stuffs performed excellently by old and new members of URIAH HEEP. HEEPSTERMANIA would definitely love this record. Long live URIAH HEEP!!!! - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#31440) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Emotional

The Magician's Birthday party has become an annual event, celebrating Uriah Heep through the years. It sees the current line up being joined by former members, and other well known performers.

This recording covers the first "party" held in 2001. The highlight is undoubtedly the appearance of founder member Ken Hensley, who wrote most of the band's most famous works, and contributed the Hammond organ element of their wall of sound. The band play a commendable set covering a cross section of their songs through the years.

Original lead singer David Byron is remembered in the lyrics of "Between two worlds", while Thijs Van Leer gives "Tales" from "The magician's birthday" album a whole new dimension with some wonderful flute playing and yodelling(!). Hensley joins the band for "July morning", and remains on stage from then on. Byron's replacement John Lawton also participates later on, his distinctive voice contrasting with current singer Bernie Shaw's more Byron like sound. The highlight for me is the rare live performance of "Paradise/The spell" complete with Hensley's wonderful slide guitar solo.

The emotional significance of seeing Hensley back with Uriah Heep will be lost on those who are not familiar the band. It is however a definitive moment in their history. With the event also being available on DVD, I would suggest that it would be best to obtain the combined CD/DVD package.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#31441) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Over the past few months I have been soaking up the entire Uriah Heep catalog, one album at a time. This package is the crown jewel of everything I have heard thus far. It's a specially packaged DVD Video, CD, and Booklet set that I have been so very fortunate to receive. Since my DVD player is on the fritz, I figured I could at least review the CD. To be quite honest I just couldn't wait, I had to hear it. I make no bones about it folks; I have always loved Uriah Heep. They were the first progressive rock band I ever listened to. At the time I didn't know what the hell I was hearing, I just knew I really liked it. Now I am self professed prog-rock freak and a loyal Heepster to the core!

This one-time special evening on December 7th 2001 brought together original members Ken Hensley and Mick Box for the first time in twenty years. Hensley left the group so abruptly it seemed that he never really got a chance to say goodbye to all the loyal fans that supported the group he helped to build. Ken finally got his chance to say thanks and goodbye all in one spectacular evening. Known for his tremendously talented keyboarding skills, many folks don't realize he originally started on the guitar. Well, he picked up that six-string on this night and played some rousing slide, much to the delight of the charmed audience. This was a magical night filled with many memorable highlights. This event started a entire group of Heep related parties with books, memorabilia, a Christmas party, an evening with John Lawton and Ken Hensley, Lawton's band had an evening to play, and finally the Heep Festival Club bash, which featured all things Heep to get you warmed up for the main event.

These guys are all middle aged rockers, some balding (like yours truly), but they still can still keep up with the younger artists, and they sound just as good as they ever did, and much better than many groups half their age. Listen now, every song is just killer on this CD, with no exception. The band is rockin' straight on through the night without any dithering whatsoever. The musicianship is beyond reproach and the singing is simply fantastic, and that includes the lead, harmony, and background singing. What else do I need to say? You can see the songs that are presented here, all classic Heep, covering most of their long and storied career, its all here. Even Thijis Van Leer of Focus is on hand to do his famous yodeling and play some flute.

The accompanying booklet is filled with gorgeous color shots of the evening's concert along with informative liner notes. And the DVD is the second part that makes this package complete. I can hardly wait to watch it; it's making me as crazy as a bedbug not being able to view it, so standby for the review come hell or high water.

Make sure you pay a visit to the marvelous Classic Rock Productions site. They have PDF press kits for downloading so you can read about the new releases, beautiful shots of both CD and DVD covers from releases that they offer, just about everything you could possibly imagine that you would want to find on a label's site and more is found there. It's a very entertaining and informative site, with just tons of all of your favorite classic prog-rock music. So its time to get back in a good rock and roll groove and log on to their site to purchase this outstanding memento to the rock legends Uriah Heep. If you are a prog-rock lover you need to do this, it's your duty to carry the torch to the next generation of listeners. This is your time to bask in the glow of some of the greatest live progressive rock music you shall ever hear, nuff' said.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#31444) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005

Post a review of URIAH HEEP "The Magician's Birthday Party"