THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

- Bernie Shaw / lead vocals

- Special guests: Ken Hensley, John Lawton, Thijs van Leer
- Emma Robbins, Kim Chandler, Aileen McLaughlin / backing singers

2002 UK: CRL0933

and to easy livin for the last updates

URIAH HEEP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party Music

LiveLive
Mercury 1989
Sea of LightSea of Light
Cleopatra 2013
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep
Island Def Jam 2001
Sweet FreedomSweet Freedom
Extra tracks · Import
Universal I.S. 2004
URIAH HEEP-"ON THE REBOUND" 1982 U.S. ISSUE PROMOTIONAL 12" SINGLE-NM VINYL US $7.99 [0 bids]
51m 53s
A TIME FOR REVELATION 25 YEARS ON by URIAH HEEP 4 CD BOX SET UK IMPORT ESSENTIAL US $90.00 [0 bids]
56m 28s
Uriah Heep The Best of Uriah Heep 8 Track Tape TESTED US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h
URIAH HEEP-"ROCKARAMA" 1985 U.K. ISSUE 3 TRACK 12" (1 LIVE) EP-NEAR MINT VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
URIAH HEEP conquest +5 Japan mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP July Morning / Traveller In Time UNIQUE PS THAILAND EP 1970s US $39.99 [0 bids]
BODKIN ? S/T LP Akarma Heavy Prog Psych Fuzz DARK T2 DUST BUFFALO URIAH HEEP OM US $149.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP Empty The Vaults: RARITIES + 8 BONUS TRACKS UK CD *NEW* CMRCD2 US $52.77 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Uriah Heep LP's Lot Of 3 US $6.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP, Demons & Wizards LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Uriah Heep "Magician's Birthday" US $142.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
URIAH HEEP - HIGH AND MIGHTY RARE ISRAELI PRESS LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
URIAH HEEP - The Best Of Uriah Heep CD 1985 Bronze RARE! US $6.99 [0 bids]
3h
Uriah Heep - Still Eavy, Still Proud - the Best of... music cassette tape US $4.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP LIVE US $9.50 [0 bids]
RARE PORTUGAL URIAH HEEP EASY LIVIN PORTUGAL SINGLE US $23.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP, BEST OF - GERMAN LP US $13.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
URIAH HEEP - FALLEN ANGEL 1978 CHRYSALIS CUT CORNER EX VINYL LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - GREATEST HITS- 2 CD's US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
URIAH HEEP Return to Fantasy LP (Warner Bros BS 2869, orig 1975) EX Vinyl PROG US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
URIAH HEEP - GOLD LOOKING BACK 1970-2001 2 CD OOP MIP R2CD-42-72 Made in Germany US $11.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
URIAH HEEP Rare Vinyl Lp ABOMINOG Original U.S. Mercury Lbl 1982 VG++ Vinyl Nice US $13.95 Buy It Now 4h 5m
~ URIAH HEEP - FALLEN ANGEL ~ MUSIC CD US $6.49 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Uriah Heep Fallen Angel 12" Vinyl LP Gold Stamp Promo Album BRNA 512 Ex/Vg+ EMi US $2.04 [2 bids]
5 lp the Uriah Heep PROMO return to fantasy firefly fallen angel demons wizards US $169.00 Buy It Now 4h 50m
VINTAGE ORIGINAL 1972 URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY 33LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP-THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY-CD-OOP LED ZEPPELIN BLACK SABBATH DEEP PURPLE US $6.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep PICTURE DISC Rockarama US $30.00 Buy It Now 5h 12m
URIAH HEEP LIVE 1973 DOUBLE LP US $16.60 [0 bids]
Different World [Sanctuary Bonus Tracks] by Uriah Heep (CD, Mar-2006, Sanctuary) US $3.80 [0 bids]
CD BOXES ONLY / Ronnie Montrose , Omar and the Howlers ,Uriah Heep + Mike Oldfie US $3.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Wonderworld Chrysalis version like new RARE 12" LP 33 RPM rock (EX) US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Uriah Heep Innocent Victim rare German press Amiga label diff cover 12" 33 rpm US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
The Best of Uriah Heep Volume 1 CANADIAN different 12" LP rock 33 RPM good US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Uriah Heep 'The Best of...' LP German Import Pressing on Bronze Records 1976 US $6.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP 7" PS Japan EASY LIVIN' r8004 US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Uriah Heep Live In Europe 1979 CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 57m
URIAH HEEP CONQUEST RARE OOP JAPAN MINI-LP CD US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
LION Running All Night RARE 1st press LP RARE UK HR pre-URIAH HEEP MINT- US $14.99 [0 bids]
20 ROCK VINYL RECORD LPS Moody Blues, Ted Nugent, Rolling Stones, Uriah Heep US $44.91 Buy It Now 7h 50m
URIAH HEEP - DEMONS & WIZARDS NEW CD US $9.32 Buy It Now 8h 16m
URIAH HEEP ABOMINGO LP PETER GOLBY US $9.00 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Uriah Heep Sweet Freedom 1973 LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
URIAH HEEP Demons & Wizards 1972 LP, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Nazareth US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
URIAH HEEP Head First LP, Deep Purple, Nazareth, Black Sabbath US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Uriah Heep Logical Revelations - Sealed 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) UK US $51.90 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Uriah Heep CD album (CDLP) High And Mighty - EX Japanese BVCM-37735 BMG Japan US $31.14 Buy It Now 11h 29m
Uriah Heep / Outsider +2 Bonus Tracks CD NEW SEALED US $18.99 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards (2013) US $8.31 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep / Japan PS 7" SYMPATHY P-1788 US $12.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP CONCERT TICKET STUB FROM LJUBLJANA 1977 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 50m
URIAH HEEP TICKET STUB FROM LJUBLJANA 1983 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 50m
Uriah Heep / Japan PS 7" DREAMER LL-2620-BZ US $12.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep / Japan PS 7" FREE ME P-244B US $9.99 [0 bids]
Salisbury [UK Bonus Tracks] by Uriah Heep New US $6.39 Buy It Now 13h 15m
Uriah Heep/Magician's Birthday.German Island LP US $24.92 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Sounds of the Seventies NM Time Life CD Seventies Generation Uriah Heep Hollies US $27.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
URIAH HEEP-INNOCENT VICTIM-RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV LP 1978-JUGOTON-NEAR MINT US $24.00 Buy It Now 15h 9m
URIAH HEEP - Abominog - 1982 first UK issue 10-track vinyl LP US $74.75 Buy It Now 15h 9m
URIAH HEEP - INNOCENT VICTIM 2006 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.21 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Uriah Heep - Outsider +2 BonusTrack KOREA CD *SEALED* US $16.90 Buy It Now 15h 42m
URIAH HEEP EQUATOR 1985 JAPAN 1st Ps M- VINYL LP+OBI Ozzy Osbourne Black Sabbath US $180.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP FALLEN ANGEL 1978 JAPAN AUDIOPHILE 1st P M- WL PROMO LP Black Sabbath US $48.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP ABOMINOG 1982 JAPAN 1st Ps M- VINYL LP+OBI Black Sabbath Rainbow Ozzy US $48.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - THE BEST OF... - ENGLAND 33 LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 19m
60's 70's 80's (2 CD) MEAT LOAF~FOGHAT~URIAH HEEP~RAINBOW~TED NUGENT~STYX *NEW* US $21.47 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Uriah Heep Uriah Heep CD album (CDLP) German 060075312808 UNIVERSAL 2008 US $17.43 Buy It Now 16h 54m
Uriah Heep - The Best Of - (cassette) US $4.50 Buy It Now 16h 59m
URIAH HEEP 45-" THE WIZARD " - BRONZE WIP6126 US $4.98 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Super Best Uriah Heep Collection Japanese CD album (CDLP) US $145.38 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Uriah Heep Rockarama 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK TA6103 PORTRAIT/CBS US $17.76 Buy It Now 17h 51m
Uriah Heep Salisbury German vinyl LP album record CLALP106 CASTLE 1986 US $26.50 Buy It Now 17h 52m
URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday 1972 Mercury GF LP SRM-1-652 VG+/EXC- US $13.50 Buy It Now 18h
Uriah Heep Equator LP 1985 SEALED US $16.99 Buy It Now 18h 3m
Uriah Heep - Wizards: The Best Of NEW 2 x CD US $10.49 Buy It Now 18h 21m
URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday gatefold hard rock heavy prog 12" vinyl Lp US $11.56 [0 bids]
Preston Guild Hall Uriah Heep UK concert ticket USED TICKET US $18.28 Buy It Now 18h 54m
URIAH HEEP Sweet Freedom LP Bronze ILPS9245 US $18.28 Buy It Now 19h
URIAH HEEP Demons And Wizards LP Bronze ILPS9193 US $34.89 Buy It Now 19h
URIAH HEEP Self Titled s/t 1972 EXCELLENT Vinyl LP GATEFOLD Hard Rock PSYCH Prog US $17.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
Uriah Heep - The Best Of Uriah Heep 1975 Vg/Ex Bronze ILPS9375 US $16.60 Buy It Now 19h 30m
URIAH HEEP / DIFFERENT WORLD JAPAN CD OOP +1B/T US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 50m
Uriah Heep Wonderworld UK vinyl LP album record LLM3017 LEGACY 1989 US $23.18 Buy It Now 19h 55m
Live In Moscow Uriah Heep UK vinyl LP album record LLP118 LEGACY RECORDS US $39.79 Buy It Now 19h 55m
Uriah Heep: Innocent Victim (NO ifpi, Castle Classics, England) US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 56m
Uriah Heep - Salisbury Expanded Vinyl LP US $53.15 Buy It Now 20h
Uriah Heep High And Mighty German vinyl LP album record 28715 BRONZE US $39.79 Buy It Now 20h 7m
Uriah Heep Head First UK vinyl LP album record BRON545 BRONZE 1983 US $31.48 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Uriah Heep Lp The Best Of 1976 Mercury records SRM 1070 OOP VG+/VG+ US $4.00 Buy It Now 20h 24m
URIAH HEEP HIGH AND MIGHTY LP 1976 USA BS 2949 OOP FIRST PRESSING VG+/G+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 20h 27m
URIAH HEEP RETURN TO FANTASY LP FIRST PRESSING 1975 BS 2869 OUT OF PRINT VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 20h 27m
URIAH HEEP INNOCENT VICTIM LP 1ST PRESS 1977 (BSK 3145) VG+/VG+ HTF OOP US $7.00 Buy It Now 20h 27m
URIAH HEEP - FALLEN ANGEL [UK EXPANDED DELUXE EDITION] - NEW CD US $25.14 Buy It Now 20h 33m
CD: URIAH HEEP The story METAL ROCK Chris Tetley US $4.14 Buy It Now 20h 42m
URIAH HEEP DEMONS AND WIZARDS VG+ HEAR IT US $10.00 Buy It Now 20h 46m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIANS BIRTHDAY 1972 WITH LYRIC SHEET VG++ HEAR IT US $13.00 Buy It Now 20h 46m
Uriah Heep-Live US $7.00 Buy It Now 20h 55m
URIAH HEEP JAPAN 5 MINI LP CD + LOOK AT YOURSELF PROMO BOX SET PROMO OBI US $199.99 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Uriah Heep - Abominog -SRM-1-4057/LP-FREE 2for1 OFFER US $18.98 Buy It Now 21h 9m
URIAH HEEP Magician's Birthday MINI LP SHM CD JAPAN US $54.99 Buy It Now 22h 23m

More places to buy URIAH HEEP music online Buy URIAH HEEP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for URIAH HEEP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party ratings distribution

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars What can I say about this album? Just buy the CD! It's an excellent live recording with an excellent production. If you enjoy live recording, you will definitely love this album. Beyond my expectation, Bernie Shaw performs really well in this record. He even can manage various tones of vocals as required by the songs. The appearance of guests has enhanced this record. I especially like the feature of THIJS VAN LEER of FOCUS in "Tales". He performs nice flute playing throughout the spectrum of the song. He plays flute softly but it flows through continuously with the music. "Tales" is much better performed in this live version compared to studio version (under THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY album). This CD should have been released in DOUBLE CD as I notice there are a lot of elimination from original live performance. That's the reason why I give four-star. I definitely give five-star if all tracks are recorded in CD version.

KEN HENSLEY was invited at the JULY MORNING where he still demonstrates his unique sound of organ / keyboard. I also love the appearance of JOHN LAWTON my favorite singer that was previously with LUCIFER'S FRIEND. Unfortunately LAWTON's performance is bit below my expectation even though it still great overall. MICK BOX still perform wonderfully with his unique guitar sound. In some tracks, TREVOR BOLDER demonstrates his shuffling bass guitar playing. One important notice I want to mention is on drummer: LEE KERSLAKE still energetically plays his sticks and pedal drum excellently. He even sometimes sings. Great drum play Mr. KERSLAKE!!

There is a DVD version of this show and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to purchase this DVD. It's a masterpiece!! I even rate this DVD with FIVE STAR as it's so attractive in terms of stage performance as well as sound & image production. I also like the nuances created by the DVD about the show: audience entering the ticket gates (most of them beyond 40 man!), the band's press conference, general rehearsal. There are songs that are eliminated in CD version, including the great one: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. I especially love BERNIE SHAW's singing style in this song. You should have this DVD. This DVD is my all-time favorite. It's great having this collection as the classic stuffs performed excellently by old and new members of URIAH HEEP. HEEPSTERMANIA would definitely love this record. Long live URIAH HEEP!!!! - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#31440) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Emotional

The Magician's Birthday party has become an annual event, celebrating Uriah Heep through the years. It sees the current line up being joined by former members, and other well known performers.

This recording covers the first "party" held in 2001. The highlight is undoubtedly the appearance of founder member Ken Hensley, who wrote most of the band's most famous works, and contributed the Hammond organ element of their wall of sound. The band play a commendable set covering a cross section of their songs through the years.

Original lead singer David Byron is remembered in the lyrics of "Between two worlds", while Thijs Van Leer gives "Tales" from "The magician's birthday" album a whole new dimension with some wonderful flute playing and yodelling(!). Hensley joins the band for "July morning", and remains on stage from then on. Byron's replacement John Lawton also participates later on, his distinctive voice contrasting with current singer Bernie Shaw's more Byron like sound. The highlight for me is the rare live performance of "Paradise/The spell" complete with Hensley's wonderful slide guitar solo.

The emotional significance of seeing Hensley back with Uriah Heep will be lost on those who are not familiar the band. It is however a definitive moment in their history. With the event also being available on DVD, I would suggest that it would be best to obtain the combined CD/DVD package.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#31441) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Over the past few months I have been soaking up the entire Uriah Heep catalog, one album at a time. This package is the crown jewel of everything I have heard thus far. It's a specially packaged DVD Video, CD, and Booklet set that I have been so very fortunate to receive. Since my DVD player is on the fritz, I figured I could at least review the CD. To be quite honest I just couldn't wait, I had to hear it. I make no bones about it folks; I have always loved Uriah Heep. They were the first progressive rock band I ever listened to. At the time I didn't know what the hell I was hearing, I just knew I really liked it. Now I am self professed prog-rock freak and a loyal Heepster to the core!

This one-time special evening on December 7th 2001 brought together original members Ken Hensley and Mick Box for the first time in twenty years. Hensley left the group so abruptly it seemed that he never really got a chance to say goodbye to all the loyal fans that supported the group he helped to build. Ken finally got his chance to say thanks and goodbye all in one spectacular evening. Known for his tremendously talented keyboarding skills, many folks don't realize he originally started on the guitar. Well, he picked up that six-string on this night and played some rousing slide, much to the delight of the charmed audience. This was a magical night filled with many memorable highlights. This event started a entire group of Heep related parties with books, memorabilia, a Christmas party, an evening with John Lawton and Ken Hensley, Lawton's band had an evening to play, and finally the Heep Festival Club bash, which featured all things Heep to get you warmed up for the main event.

These guys are all middle aged rockers, some balding (like yours truly), but they still can still keep up with the younger artists, and they sound just as good as they ever did, and much better than many groups half their age. Listen now, every song is just killer on this CD, with no exception. The band is rockin' straight on through the night without any dithering whatsoever. The musicianship is beyond reproach and the singing is simply fantastic, and that includes the lead, harmony, and background singing. What else do I need to say? You can see the songs that are presented here, all classic Heep, covering most of their long and storied career, its all here. Even Thijis Van Leer of Focus is on hand to do his famous yodeling and play some flute.

The accompanying booklet is filled with gorgeous color shots of the evening's concert along with informative liner notes. And the DVD is the second part that makes this package complete. I can hardly wait to watch it; it's making me as crazy as a bedbug not being able to view it, so standby for the review come hell or high water.

Make sure you pay a visit to the marvelous Classic Rock Productions site. They have PDF press kits for downloading so you can read about the new releases, beautiful shots of both CD and DVD covers from releases that they offer, just about everything you could possibly imagine that you would want to find on a label's site and more is found there. It's a very entertaining and informative site, with just tons of all of your favorite classic prog-rock music. So its time to get back in a good rock and roll groove and log on to their site to purchase this outstanding memento to the rock legends Uriah Heep. If you are a prog-rock lover you need to do this, it's your duty to carry the torch to the next generation of listeners. This is your time to bask in the glow of some of the greatest live progressive rock music you shall ever hear, nuff' said.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#31444) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005

Post a review of URIAH HEEP "The Magician's Birthday Party"