THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

- Bernie Shaw / lead vocals

- Special guests: Ken Hensley, John Lawton, Thijs van Leer
- Emma Robbins, Kim Chandler, Aileen McLaughlin / backing singers

2002 UK: CRL0933

and to easy livin for the last updates

URIAH HEEP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party Music

Mercury 1990
The Ultimate CollectionThe Ultimate Collection
Remastered · Import
Sanctuary Records 2003
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep
Island Def Jam 2001
Import · Remastered
Sanctuary UK 2004
Very Eavy Very UmbleVery Eavy Very Umble
Universal I.S. 2004
URIAH HEEP The Best Of 1976 Mercury LP SRM-1-1070 EXC- US $5.25 Buy It Now 52m 14s
URIAH HEEP - URIAH HEEP music cd US $4.48 Buy It Now 56m 55s
The Best Of by URIAH HEEP 1976 [USA cassette] VG cond. US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
URIAH HEEP Look At Yourself LP Vinyl JAPAN BRONZE P-10023B W/ OBI VG US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
URIAH HEEP ULTRA RARE YUGOSLAVIA MISPRESS CASSETTE TAPE, NO VINYL US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Very 1st URIAH HEEP LP in USSR - Innocent Victim - Melodia 1980 Rare! Washed Ex+ US $25.00 [1 bids]
URIAH HEEP salisbury BRO 2006 french bronze 1970 gatefold sleeve LP PS EX/VG+ US $40.79 Buy It Now 1h 44m
FABLE See my face * 7" FRENCH COLUMBIA EMI 45 PS MINT * URIAH HEEP * POP US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
KEEF HARTLEY BAND The Battle Of North West Six, (Uriah Heep) Deram DES-18035 LP US $19.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP ~ VERY 'EAVY VERY 'UMBLE ~LARGE VERTIGO SWIRL UK LP ~ FIRST PRESS 1/1 US $644.82 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Uriah heep-1985 magazine advert US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 19m
7"-Single LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Hobo (1972) MINT GERMANY PS JOHN LAWTON URIAH HEEP US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
TRAPEZE - Hold on CD 1979 SEALED Deep Purple Uriah Heep - ltd ed Gold CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
URIAH HEEP - OFFICIAL BOOTLEG, VOL. 2: LIVE IN BUDAPEST HUNGARY 2010 - NEW CD US $12.30 Buy It Now 3h 39m
ROUGH DIAMOND (URIAH HEEP, HUMBLE PIE, WINGS) - 1977 - "Self Titled" US $4.79 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP -- Demons and Wizards -- 1972 LP release US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h
Uriah Heep The Magician's Birthday 1972 1st Gilbert Kong Press, ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $30.40 Buy It Now 4h 17m
URIAH HEEP Wonderworld LP Record Album US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
URIAH HEEP LOOK AT YOURSELF M1 MATRIX STAMP VG++ HEAR IT US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Uriah Heep(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Salisbury-Island-85 691IT-Germany-VG/VG US $32.63 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Uriah Heep - Celebration (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $37.53 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Blood on Stone Anthology Vol. 2 Uriah Heep 2 CD set in case w/ book US $19.95 Buy It Now 5h 13m
URIAH HEEP~LOOK AT YOURSELF~ORIG 1971 US PRESS~STRONG VG+ VINAL~GR8T PROG ROCKER US $18.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
URIAH HEEP Demons and Wizards LP VG+ US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
MICK BOX OF URIAH HEEP DOUBLE PAGE MAGAZINE POSTER FROM 1972/3 GENUINE A2 SIZE US $21.14 Buy It Now 5h 28m
URIAH HEEP RAGING SILENCE LP PROMOTIONAL MADE IN BRAZIL ORIGINAL 1st PRESS 1989 US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 29m
(ROCK 2LP) URIAH HEEP - LIVE US $20.00 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Uriah Heep - The Best Of... Part 1 - SMRCD205 US $10.56 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Uriah Heep - Wizards: The Best Of [CD New] US $13.48 Buy It Now 6h 23m
URIAH HEEP - Innocent Victim (Castle #ESMCD 560 - UK, 1997) / NEW! US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - Fallen Angel (Castle #ESMCD 561 - UK, 1997) / SEALED! US $14.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep "Demons and Wizards" LP Rare Russian Press US $12.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - Abominog (Castle #ESMCD 571 - UK, 1997) / SEALED! US $14.99 [0 bids]
DEAMONS AND WIZARDS - by URIAH HEEP 12" LP (MERCURY SRM-1-630) 1972 ROCK US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
URIAH HEEP - Raging Silence (Castle #ESMCD 612 - UK, 1998) / SEALED! US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - Different World (Castle #ESMCD 614 - UK, 1998) / SEALED! US $14.99 [0 bids]
Sonic Origami by Uriah Heep (CD, Jul-1999, Spitfire Records (USA)) US $12.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - Spellbinder (Spitfire Records #6-70211-5034-2 - USA, 1998) / SEALED US $12.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - Wake The Sleeper (Sanctuary Records #1767027 - UK, 2008) / NEW! US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY LP SRM 1-652 US $6.73 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Uriah Heep Head First Rare EX Audio UK A//4 B//3 Bronze BRON 545 US $6.12 [0 bids]
CD Double: Uriah Heep : Remasters Anthology US $12.23 Buy It Now 9h 5m
URIAH HEEP- DEMONS AND WIZARDS- Import Germany # 86185 IT-Vinyl Record Album LP US $8.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Wonderworld Turkish Edt. LP 1974 US $35.00 Buy It Now 9h 6m
URIAH HEEP - RAGING SILENCE - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $17.98 Buy It Now 9h 10m
URIAH HEEP - STAY ON TOP (RARE DOUBLE SINGLE SET) US $3.25 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP " EASY LIVIN' / WHY " RARE ORIGINAL GREEK COPY ROCK 7" 1972 US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
CLASSIC ROCK EXPLOSION - URIAH HEEP, TODD RUNDGREN, NAZARETH, BAD COMPANY, PETER US $0.98 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Outsider ( CD 2014) US $7.85 [14 bids]
URIAH HEEP "SALISBURY" ORIGINAL US MERCURY SR-61319, STEREO VG++ US $14.99 [0 bids]
METAL KILLERS 2 KKLP102 EX MOTORHEAD URIAH HEEP MANOWAR MICHAEL SCHENKER PALLAS US $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 20m
URIAH HEEP Best Of "Sonderauflage" GERMANY CD issue US $21.25 Buy It Now 10h 25m
Abominog ~ Uriah Heep - Rare Cassette Tape Mercury Records 1982 Fast Shipping!! US $5.95 Buy It Now 10h 32m
URIAH HEEP LADY IN BLACK GERMAN 45 W/PIC COVER VINYL 7 INCH US $14.68 Buy It Now 10h 46m
URIAH HEEP COLLECTION LP PROMOTIONAL MADE IN BRAZIL ORIGINAL 1st PRESS 1989 US $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 27m
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock 'n' Roll Singer LP John Lawton Uriah Heep US US $32.65 Buy It Now 11h 45m
URIAH HEEP: WAKE UP (SET YOUR SIGHTS) & COME AWAY MELINDA; 1970 MERCURY MINT- 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "EQUATOR" VINYL LP 1985 COLUMBIA RECORDS BFC 40132 EX US $12.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "HEAD FIRST" VINYL LP 1983 MERCURY RECORDS 422-812 313-1 M-1, STEREO US $16.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - Demons & Wizards (reissue) - gatefold LP US $36.49 Buy It Now 12h 2m
URIAH HEEP Lady In Black LIMITED FRANCE CD single live track US $15.30 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Vintage Uriah Heep Demons And Wizards 8 Track Tape Tested [LOOK] US $0.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Live in Armenia, Japan 2 CDs + DVD Box Set + obi, Classic Hard Rock US $22.99 Buy It Now 12h 47m
URIAH HEEP - HIGH AND MIGHTY LP US $9.04 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Uriah Heep~"Demons and Wizards"~lp vinyl record gtfd Mercury U.S. SRM-1-630 US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 15m
Uriah Heep~"The Magician's Birthday"~lp vinyl record gtfd Mercury U.S. SRM-1-652 US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 15m
Uriah Heep~"Uriah Heep Live"~dbl lp vinyl record Mercury Records SRM-2-7503 US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 16m
URIAH HEEP 45 What Can I Do / Something Or Nothing 45 Warner Brothers WB 7836 US $5.79 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Vinyl LP - URIAH HEEP Demons And Wizards - 1972 SRM 1-630 Mercury US $0.99 [1 bids]
Vinyl LP - URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday - 1972 SRM 1-652 Mercury US $0.99 [1 bids]
URIAH HEEP Logo Original Vintage 70`s/80`s Printed Sew On Patch Unused #3 US $9.78 Buy It Now 14h 45m
URIAH HEEP~ WONDER WORLD ~CHRYSALIS CHR-1227~RARE LABEL US $39.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP Look At Yourself 1971 MERCURY Classic Rock LP SIS US $5.99 [0 bids]
"Classic Rock" "Uriah Heep" "The Magician's Birthday" "Rare LP" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Live January 1973 Gatefold With Original Sleeves And Program US $9.97 Buy It Now 16h 3m
URIAH HEEP LIVE 2s LP FREE SHIP January 1973 SRM-2-7503 Mercury gatefold picture US $13.59 Buy It Now 16h 24m
URIAH HEEP HIGH AND MIGHTY (1976) BS 2949 ( NM-) US $12.60 Buy It Now 16h 28m
Very "Eavy Very 'Umble DEBUT SELF-TITLED USA - Uriah Heep LP GATEFOLD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Demons And Wizards - Uriah Heep LP GATEFOLD Roger dean art US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Magician's Birthday - Uriah Heep LP GATEFOLD Roger Dean art US $5.99 [1 bids]
Return To Fantasy - Uriah Heep LP GATEFOLD US $3.99 [0 bids]
High And Mighty - Uriah Heep LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
"THE BEST OF URIAH HEEP" 8 TRACK TAPE US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 37m
URIAH HEEP" SWEET FREEDOM" "STEALIN'" 8 TRACK TAPE US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 40m
Live in the USA by Uriah Heep/new cd US $35.00 Buy It Now 17h 43m
Uriah Heep Live 1973 Totally awesome live Rock Very Nice 400 Fair priced LP's US $5.95 Buy It Now 17h 54m
URIAH HEEP "ABOMINOG" PROMO LP VINYL SRM-1-4057 US $0.50 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP-2 CLASSIC ROCK ITEMS-INNOCENT VICTIM UK LP & EASY LIVIN US 45 US $7.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - The Collection - Cassette England 1989 press - Tape US $9.00 Buy It Now 18h 34m
URIAH HEEP Salisbury, VINYL LP Mick Box Ken Hensley Paul Newton Autograph SIGNED US $149.99 Buy It Now 18h 43m
GRAND PRIX "Samurai" Original LP 1983 (Chrysalis) MICHAEL SCHENKER, URIAH HEEP US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 59m
URIAH HEEP-OUTSIDER-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK F83 US $30.50 Buy It Now 20h 14m
URIAH HEEP 2 LADY IN BLACK/SIMON THE BULLIT GERMAN 7"PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h
URIAH HEEP 3 LADY IN BLACK/SIMON THE BULLIT GERMAN 7"PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h
URIAH HEEP FREE ME/MASQUERADE 1977 RARE EXYU 7"PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 21h 2m
URIAH HEEP FREE ME/MASQUERADE 1977 RARE GERMAN 7" PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 21h 2m
URIAH HEEP HEAD FIRST RARE YUGO PRESS LP MINT US $34.99 Buy It Now 21h 2m
URIAH HEEP LIVE RARE PRESS YUGOSLAV 2LP N/MINT US $34.99 Buy It Now 21h 2m
URIAH HEEP PRIMA DONNA/SHOUT IT OUT 1975 EXYU 7"PS US $20.49 Buy It Now 21h 2m
URIAH HEEP RAGING EQUATOR 85' RARE EXYU PRESS MINT LP US $28.69 Buy It Now 21h 2m

More places to buy URIAH HEEP music online Buy URIAH HEEP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for URIAH HEEP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party ratings distribution

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars What can I say about this album? Just buy the CD! It's an excellent live recording with an excellent production. If you enjoy live recording, you will definitely love this album. Beyond my expectation, Bernie Shaw performs really well in this record. He even can manage various tones of vocals as required by the songs. The appearance of guests has enhanced this record. I especially like the feature of THIJS VAN LEER of FOCUS in "Tales". He performs nice flute playing throughout the spectrum of the song. He plays flute softly but it flows through continuously with the music. "Tales" is much better performed in this live version compared to studio version (under THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY album). This CD should have been released in DOUBLE CD as I notice there are a lot of elimination from original live performance. That's the reason why I give four-star. I definitely give five-star if all tracks are recorded in CD version.

KEN HENSLEY was invited at the JULY MORNING where he still demonstrates his unique sound of organ / keyboard. I also love the appearance of JOHN LAWTON my favorite singer that was previously with LUCIFER'S FRIEND. Unfortunately LAWTON's performance is bit below my expectation even though it still great overall. MICK BOX still perform wonderfully with his unique guitar sound. In some tracks, TREVOR BOLDER demonstrates his shuffling bass guitar playing. One important notice I want to mention is on drummer: LEE KERSLAKE still energetically plays his sticks and pedal drum excellently. He even sometimes sings. Great drum play Mr. KERSLAKE!!

There is a DVD version of this show and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to purchase this DVD. It's a masterpiece!! I even rate this DVD with FIVE STAR as it's so attractive in terms of stage performance as well as sound & image production. I also like the nuances created by the DVD about the show: audience entering the ticket gates (most of them beyond 40 man!), the band's press conference, general rehearsal. There are songs that are eliminated in CD version, including the great one: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. I especially love BERNIE SHAW's singing style in this song. You should have this DVD. This DVD is my all-time favorite. It's great having this collection as the classic stuffs performed excellently by old and new members of URIAH HEEP. HEEPSTERMANIA would definitely love this record. Long live URIAH HEEP!!!! - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#31440) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Emotional

The Magician's Birthday party has become an annual event, celebrating Uriah Heep through the years. It sees the current line up being joined by former members, and other well known performers.

This recording covers the first "party" held in 2001. The highlight is undoubtedly the appearance of founder member Ken Hensley, who wrote most of the band's most famous works, and contributed the Hammond organ element of their wall of sound. The band play a commendable set covering a cross section of their songs through the years.

Original lead singer David Byron is remembered in the lyrics of "Between two worlds", while Thijs Van Leer gives "Tales" from "The magician's birthday" album a whole new dimension with some wonderful flute playing and yodelling(!). Hensley joins the band for "July morning", and remains on stage from then on. Byron's replacement John Lawton also participates later on, his distinctive voice contrasting with current singer Bernie Shaw's more Byron like sound. The highlight for me is the rare live performance of "Paradise/The spell" complete with Hensley's wonderful slide guitar solo.

The emotional significance of seeing Hensley back with Uriah Heep will be lost on those who are not familiar the band. It is however a definitive moment in their history. With the event also being available on DVD, I would suggest that it would be best to obtain the combined CD/DVD package.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#31441) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Over the past few months I have been soaking up the entire Uriah Heep catalog, one album at a time. This package is the crown jewel of everything I have heard thus far. It's a specially packaged DVD Video, CD, and Booklet set that I have been so very fortunate to receive. Since my DVD player is on the fritz, I figured I could at least review the CD. To be quite honest I just couldn't wait, I had to hear it. I make no bones about it folks; I have always loved Uriah Heep. They were the first progressive rock band I ever listened to. At the time I didn't know what the hell I was hearing, I just knew I really liked it. Now I am self professed prog-rock freak and a loyal Heepster to the core!

This one-time special evening on December 7th 2001 brought together original members Ken Hensley and Mick Box for the first time in twenty years. Hensley left the group so abruptly it seemed that he never really got a chance to say goodbye to all the loyal fans that supported the group he helped to build. Ken finally got his chance to say thanks and goodbye all in one spectacular evening. Known for his tremendously talented keyboarding skills, many folks don't realize he originally started on the guitar. Well, he picked up that six-string on this night and played some rousing slide, much to the delight of the charmed audience. This was a magical night filled with many memorable highlights. This event started a entire group of Heep related parties with books, memorabilia, a Christmas party, an evening with John Lawton and Ken Hensley, Lawton's band had an evening to play, and finally the Heep Festival Club bash, which featured all things Heep to get you warmed up for the main event.

These guys are all middle aged rockers, some balding (like yours truly), but they still can still keep up with the younger artists, and they sound just as good as they ever did, and much better than many groups half their age. Listen now, every song is just killer on this CD, with no exception. The band is rockin' straight on through the night without any dithering whatsoever. The musicianship is beyond reproach and the singing is simply fantastic, and that includes the lead, harmony, and background singing. What else do I need to say? You can see the songs that are presented here, all classic Heep, covering most of their long and storied career, its all here. Even Thijis Van Leer of Focus is on hand to do his famous yodeling and play some flute.

The accompanying booklet is filled with gorgeous color shots of the evening's concert along with informative liner notes. And the DVD is the second part that makes this package complete. I can hardly wait to watch it; it's making me as crazy as a bedbug not being able to view it, so standby for the review come hell or high water.

Make sure you pay a visit to the marvelous Classic Rock Productions site. They have PDF press kits for downloading so you can read about the new releases, beautiful shots of both CD and DVD covers from releases that they offer, just about everything you could possibly imagine that you would want to find on a label's site and more is found there. It's a very entertaining and informative site, with just tons of all of your favorite classic prog-rock music. So its time to get back in a good rock and roll groove and log on to their site to purchase this outstanding memento to the rock legends Uriah Heep. If you are a prog-rock lover you need to do this, it's your duty to carry the torch to the next generation of listeners. This is your time to bask in the glow of some of the greatest live progressive rock music you shall ever hear, nuff' said.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#31444) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005

Post a review of URIAH HEEP "The Magician's Birthday Party"