THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

- Bernie Shaw / lead vocals

- Special guests: Ken Hensley, John Lawton, Thijs van Leer
- Emma Robbins, Kim Chandler, Aileen McLaughlin / backing singers

2002 UK: CRL0933

and to easy livin for the last updates

URIAH HEEP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party Music

Sea of LightSea of Light
Cleopatra 2013
LiveLive
Mercury 1989
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep
Island Def Jam 2001
Sweet FreedomSweet Freedom
Extra tracks · Import
Universal I.S. 2004
URIAH HEEP - That's the Way it is / Son of a Bitch 1982 7" PICTURE SLEEVE NM-/NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 49m 56s
URIAH HEEP "SWEET FREEDOM "ORIGINAL.RARE GREEK COPY ROCK LP 1973 PINK ISLAND US $14.99 Buy It Now 54m 27s
"Classic Rock" "Uriah Heep" "The Magician's Birthday" "Rare LP" US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEW BRONZE AGE emi introduce LP promo only includes 5 uriah heep tracks,4 by man US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 23m
THE STATUS QUO from the makers of 3LP TIN UK RARE 82' ORIG MINT WAX uriah heep US $12.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP LP RECORD *THE BEST OF...* BRONZE BRON 375 EX US $3.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP:LOOK AT YOURSELF:BRONZE 1971 VG/VG+ 1ST PRESSING US $49.92 Buy It Now 2h 16m
14 PSYCHE ROCK 45s/DAVID BOWIE/Five man Electrical Band/Blue Rose/Uriah Heep US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Demons and Wizards by Uriah Heep (Cassette)-(1972, )BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
TOE FAT Uriah Heep Rare Earth Free Shipping US $80.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
US ONLY COVER URIAH HEEP Free Shipping US $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
ROUGH DIAMOND - s/t lp Uriah Heep Humble Pie UFO Thin Lizzy US $5.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Anthology CD Raw Power / Castle 1986 London RAWCD 012 Rare! US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Gold: Looking Back 1970-2001, Uriah Heep, Very Good Extra tracks US $11.39 Buy It Now 4h 15m
URIAH HEEP - head first KOREA LP Green Cvr US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
URIAH HEEP -Innocent Victim KOREA LP Purple Cvr US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
URIAH HEEP 'URIAH HEEP' 1970 SR 61294 GATEFOLD BRONZE LABEL 1ST P STRONG VG+ LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY (COLOURED) NEW VINYL US $42.67 Buy It Now 4h 37m
URIAH HEEP-THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY-CD-OOP LED ZEPPELIN BLACK SABBATH DEEP PURPLE US $6.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP*best of look at yourself return to fantasy 7 albums demons US $9.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "PROMO" Abominog Japan Press Rough Diamond LP e3552 US $1.04 [3 bids]
URIAH HEEP Wonderworld 1974 Japan Press OBI LP d7460 US $31.00 [9 bids]
Uriah Heep Firefly LP Original Bronze UK Gatefold + Inner ILPS 9483 US $19.95 [1 bids]
Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards BVCM-37716 CD Mini LP Japan +OBI US $39.80 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Uriah Heep - Return to Fantasy Japan Vinyl LP w/OBI US $44.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
URIAH HEEP - Outsider CD 2014 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 54m
URIAH HEEP - LOOK AT YOURSELF (IMPORT) NEW SACD US $93.25 Buy It Now 7h 57m
TOE FAT / TWO Uriah Heep Parlophone Italia. Free Shipping to your country US $80.00 Buy It Now 8h 43m
URIAH HEEP SALISBURY SR-61319 VINYL LP 1971 ORIG PRESS EARLY HARD ROCK! VG! US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
URIAH HEEP DEMONS AND WIZARDS ORIGINAL LP STILL FACTORY SEALED 1971 US $349.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY 8 TRACK TAPE CARTRIDGE TESTED US $3.00 [0 bids]
CD Album: Uriah Heep : Electrically Driven : Live London Astoria 2001 US $39.93 [0 bids]
CD Album: Uriah Heep : Head First : Remastered Extended US $13.13 [0 bids]
CD Album: Uriah Heep : Abominog : Remastered Expanded US $14.96 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - WIZARDS: BEST OF NEW CD US $19.98 Buy It Now 11h 6m
URIAH HEEP Official Bootleg Vol 2 Live In Athens CD Digipak NEW US $17.89 Buy It Now 11h 8m
URIAH HEEP - CLASSIC COLLECTION NEW CD US $10.98 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Slip Treble: Uriah Heep : Live In Armenia 2011 2CDs & DVD Sealed US $31.63 Buy It Now 13h 12m
UK ORIGINAL LP URIAH HEEP / ...very 'eavy Vertigo Swirl Free Shipping US $300.00 Buy It Now 13h 20m
URIAH HEEP - DEFINITIVE SPITFIRE COLLECTION NEW CD US $26.09 Buy It Now 13h 26m
UK ORIGINAL LP URIAH HEEP / SALISBURY Vertigo Swirl Free Shipping US $390.00 Buy It Now 13h 35m
A QUIET NIGHT IN / 1980 LP MOTORHEAD,GIRLSCHOOL,HAKWIND,URIAH HEEP A1/B1 FIRST US $13.30 Buy It Now 14h 37m
URIAH HEEP Demons and Wizards ROCK Prog Breaks LP HEAR Bronze UK US $19.96 Buy It Now 14h 57m
Performance by Uriah Heep (CD, May-2011, Southworld) US $13.66 Buy It Now 15h 18m
URIAH HEEP:LIVE IN ATHENS US $11.64 Buy It Now 15h 19m
Uriah Heep Official Bootleg: 19.12.9 Gusswerk by Uriah Heep (CD, Feb-2011,... US $24.20 Buy It Now 15h 21m
Uriah Heep Live '73 (Gatefold Sleeve) [2LP Vinyl] * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $37.53 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Uriah Heep Salisbury Vertigo Swirl label RARE 12" 33 RPM Hard Rock LP German US $39.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - OFFICIAL BOOTLEG, VOL. 3: LIVE IN KAWASAKI JAPAN - NEW CD BOXSET US $53.42 Buy It Now 15h 32m
URIAH HEEP 7" PS Japan THE WIZARD s1532 US $30.00 Buy It Now 16h 3m
Uriah Heep - Abominog (NEW CD) US $10.39 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Uriah Heep LP The Best Of Uriah Heep * Island Records Greece Import US $17.49 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP LIVE JAN 1973 2-LPS BOOKLET GERMAN IMPORT US $16.00 Buy It Now 17h 33m
URIAH HEEP LIVE:(BRONZE 1973) 2xLP INNER SLEEVES PRESENT BUT NO COVER, DISKS EX US $21.62 Buy It Now 17h 43m
URIAH HEEP - 1980 ticket stub HAMMERSMITH ODEON, LONDON US $14.63 Buy It Now 18h
Uriah Heep Fallen Angel LP 1978 Chrysalis CHR 1204 Vinyl Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 18h 9m
Uriah Heep vintage LP's ...Magician's Birthday... Demons and Wizards... + 2 jack US $10.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP INTO THE WILD SEALED CD NEW 2011 US $14.22 Buy It Now 18h 45m
Uriah Heep - Very 'eavy Very 'umble (1970 UK Bronze LP in G/F Sleeve. BRNA 142) US $24.95 Buy It Now 19h 2m
URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday LP 1972 Mercury Canada 1st Press VG/VG Prog US $17.95 Buy It Now 19h 10m
URIAH HEEP LIVE AT SHEPPERTON '74 8 PAGE BOOKLET CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 19h 11m
URIAH HEEP LIVE IN EUROPE 1979 8 PAGE BOOKLET 2 CD JEWEL CASE US $11.69 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Uriah Heep - Official Bootleg Vol 6: Live At The Rock Of Ages Festival Germany 2 US $18.61 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Uriah Heep Innocent Victim 8 Track Tape SEALED US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 47m
URIAH HEEP Outsider CD new 2014 ( Classic Rock Deep Purple ) amazing release US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Uriah Heep - Outsider [CD New] US $16.18 Buy It Now 20h 16m
The Best Of Uriah Heep(Mercury...1972) Very Good+ LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
20 Classic Rock lp's Al VG+ -l VG++ Uriah Heep, Procol Harum, Grand Funk US $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 39m
NN~LP~UK IMPORT~URIAH HEEP~SWEET FREEDOM~BRONZE LABEL US $90.00 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Uriah Heep Wake Up(Stereo)/Same(Mono) 45 RPM Mercury Records PROMO US $30.00 Buy It Now 21h 14m
Raging Silence [Remaster] by Uriah Heep (CD, Feb-2006, Sanctuary) US $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 14m
Uriah Heep - Magician's Birthday [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 22h 8m
Look at Yourself by Uriah Heep (CD, May-2006, Universal Special Products) US $3.77 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Uriah Heep The Magicians Birthday Mercury SRM 1-652 Stereo Vinyl Record Album LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 24m
Uriah Heep Demons And Wizards Mercury SRM 1-630 Stereo Vinyl Record Album LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 30m
Uriah Heep "Uriah Heep Live" 2LP NM Rare Russian Press US $14.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep "Return to Fantasy" LP NM Rare Russian Press US $14.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - LOOK AT YOURSELF NEW CD US $9.69 Buy It Now 22h 41m
Uriah Heep Love Stealer/No Return rare label was never printed on one side 45RPM US $9.99 [0 bids]
23h
URIAH HEEP~RARE SEALED CASSETTE~URIAH HEEP LIVE~1973 USA 1ST PRESS~OUT OF PRINT US $24.00 Buy It Now 23h 11m
URIAH HEEP Celebration PROMO CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 23h 16m
URIAH HEEP Look at Yourself YS-2649-BZ OBI LP Ae2856 US $21.50 [7 bids]
URIAH HEEP Return to Fantasy P-8580 OBI LP AC7755 US $31.00 [4 bids]
URIAH HEEP "NM WAX" Look at Yourself YS-2649-BZ OBI LP Ac3855 US $8.49 [2 bids]
Sweet Freedom by Uriah Heep Road Racer Label US $2.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP Demons & Wizards LP Vinyl 1972 Original Gatefold Roger Dean Excellent US $21.21 [0 bids]
TOE FAT self titled LP Uriah Heep US $20.00 [1 bids]
Uriah Heep 45 Wake Up edited version mono/stereo white label promo rare 7" rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP self titled LP Very Eavy US $15.00 [1 bids]
URIAH HEEP Wonderworld LP Canadian pressing US $10.00 [0 bids]
ROUGH DIAMOND Mint LP 1977 HARD ROCK LP URIAH HEEP DAVID BYRON Played Once US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
URIAH HEEP - FIREFLY / ABOMINOG (IMPORT) NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Uriah Heep-Sweet Freedom 1973 Warner Bros. 1st U.S. Press BS 2724 VG+/M US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAPPS SECRET DAMAGE LP RARE 1977 GILLAN DEEP PURPLE URIAH HEEP US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1980 - URIAH HEEP - Conquest + UK Tour Dates - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Uriah Heep Sonic Origami 1999 CD Spitfire Records Bernie Shaw Lee Kerslake US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
URIAH HEEP The Best of...JAPAN CD 1986 issue w/OBI+BOOKLET VDP-1150 Ex-Rental US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Demons and Wizards by Uriah Heep (CD, Jan-1989, Mercury) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Uriah Heep - Anthology (2 LP set) (France) (gatefold cover) (with "Easy Livin') US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
New URIAH HEEP Demons And Wizards JAPAN CD 18DN-54 NM US $49.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy URIAH HEEP music online Buy URIAH HEEP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for URIAH HEEP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party ratings distribution

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars What can I say about this album? Just buy the CD! It's an excellent live recording with an excellent production. If you enjoy live recording, you will definitely love this album. Beyond my expectation, Bernie Shaw performs really well in this record. He even can manage various tones of vocals as required by the songs. The appearance of guests has enhanced this record. I especially like the feature of THIJS VAN LEER of FOCUS in "Tales". He performs nice flute playing throughout the spectrum of the song. He plays flute softly but it flows through continuously with the music. "Tales" is much better performed in this live version compared to studio version (under THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY album). This CD should have been released in DOUBLE CD as I notice there are a lot of elimination from original live performance. That's the reason why I give four-star. I definitely give five-star if all tracks are recorded in CD version.

KEN HENSLEY was invited at the JULY MORNING where he still demonstrates his unique sound of organ / keyboard. I also love the appearance of JOHN LAWTON my favorite singer that was previously with LUCIFER'S FRIEND. Unfortunately LAWTON's performance is bit below my expectation even though it still great overall. MICK BOX still perform wonderfully with his unique guitar sound. In some tracks, TREVOR BOLDER demonstrates his shuffling bass guitar playing. One important notice I want to mention is on drummer: LEE KERSLAKE still energetically plays his sticks and pedal drum excellently. He even sometimes sings. Great drum play Mr. KERSLAKE!!

There is a DVD version of this show and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to purchase this DVD. It's a masterpiece!! I even rate this DVD with FIVE STAR as it's so attractive in terms of stage performance as well as sound & image production. I also like the nuances created by the DVD about the show: audience entering the ticket gates (most of them beyond 40 man!), the band's press conference, general rehearsal. There are songs that are eliminated in CD version, including the great one: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. I especially love BERNIE SHAW's singing style in this song. You should have this DVD. This DVD is my all-time favorite. It's great having this collection as the classic stuffs performed excellently by old and new members of URIAH HEEP. HEEPSTERMANIA would definitely love this record. Long live URIAH HEEP!!!! - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#31440) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Emotional

The Magician's Birthday party has become an annual event, celebrating Uriah Heep through the years. It sees the current line up being joined by former members, and other well known performers.

This recording covers the first "party" held in 2001. The highlight is undoubtedly the appearance of founder member Ken Hensley, who wrote most of the band's most famous works, and contributed the Hammond organ element of their wall of sound. The band play a commendable set covering a cross section of their songs through the years.

Original lead singer David Byron is remembered in the lyrics of "Between two worlds", while Thijs Van Leer gives "Tales" from "The magician's birthday" album a whole new dimension with some wonderful flute playing and yodelling(!). Hensley joins the band for "July morning", and remains on stage from then on. Byron's replacement John Lawton also participates later on, his distinctive voice contrasting with current singer Bernie Shaw's more Byron like sound. The highlight for me is the rare live performance of "Paradise/The spell" complete with Hensley's wonderful slide guitar solo.

The emotional significance of seeing Hensley back with Uriah Heep will be lost on those who are not familiar the band. It is however a definitive moment in their history. With the event also being available on DVD, I would suggest that it would be best to obtain the combined CD/DVD package.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#31441) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Over the past few months I have been soaking up the entire Uriah Heep catalog, one album at a time. This package is the crown jewel of everything I have heard thus far. It's a specially packaged DVD Video, CD, and Booklet set that I have been so very fortunate to receive. Since my DVD player is on the fritz, I figured I could at least review the CD. To be quite honest I just couldn't wait, I had to hear it. I make no bones about it folks; I have always loved Uriah Heep. They were the first progressive rock band I ever listened to. At the time I didn't know what the hell I was hearing, I just knew I really liked it. Now I am self professed prog-rock freak and a loyal Heepster to the core!

This one-time special evening on December 7th 2001 brought together original members Ken Hensley and Mick Box for the first time in twenty years. Hensley left the group so abruptly it seemed that he never really got a chance to say goodbye to all the loyal fans that supported the group he helped to build. Ken finally got his chance to say thanks and goodbye all in one spectacular evening. Known for his tremendously talented keyboarding skills, many folks don't realize he originally started on the guitar. Well, he picked up that six-string on this night and played some rousing slide, much to the delight of the charmed audience. This was a magical night filled with many memorable highlights. This event started a entire group of Heep related parties with books, memorabilia, a Christmas party, an evening with John Lawton and Ken Hensley, Lawton's band had an evening to play, and finally the Heep Festival Club bash, which featured all things Heep to get you warmed up for the main event.

These guys are all middle aged rockers, some balding (like yours truly), but they still can still keep up with the younger artists, and they sound just as good as they ever did, and much better than many groups half their age. Listen now, every song is just killer on this CD, with no exception. The band is rockin' straight on through the night without any dithering whatsoever. The musicianship is beyond reproach and the singing is simply fantastic, and that includes the lead, harmony, and background singing. What else do I need to say? You can see the songs that are presented here, all classic Heep, covering most of their long and storied career, its all here. Even Thijis Van Leer of Focus is on hand to do his famous yodeling and play some flute.

The accompanying booklet is filled with gorgeous color shots of the evening's concert along with informative liner notes. And the DVD is the second part that makes this package complete. I can hardly wait to watch it; it's making me as crazy as a bedbug not being able to view it, so standby for the review come hell or high water.

Make sure you pay a visit to the marvelous Classic Rock Productions site. They have PDF press kits for downloading so you can read about the new releases, beautiful shots of both CD and DVD covers from releases that they offer, just about everything you could possibly imagine that you would want to find on a label's site and more is found there. It's a very entertaining and informative site, with just tons of all of your favorite classic prog-rock music. So its time to get back in a good rock and roll groove and log on to their site to purchase this outstanding memento to the rock legends Uriah Heep. If you are a prog-rock lover you need to do this, it's your duty to carry the torch to the next generation of listeners. This is your time to bask in the glow of some of the greatest live progressive rock music you shall ever hear, nuff' said.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#31444) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005

Post a review of URIAH HEEP "The Magician's Birthday Party"