THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

- Bernie Shaw / lead vocals

- Special guests: Ken Hensley, John Lawton, Thijs van Leer
- Emma Robbins, Kim Chandler, Aileen McLaughlin / backing singers

2002 UK: CRL0933

and to easy livin for the last updates

URIAH HEEP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party Music

Island / Mercury 1990
SalisburySalisbury
LiveLive
Island / Mercury 1989
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep
Island Def Jam 2011
Sweet FreedomSweet Freedom
Extra tracks · Import
Demons & WizardsDemons & Wizards
Import · Remastered
Sanctuary UK 2004
Very Eavy Very UmbleVery Eavy Very Umble
Universal I.S. 2004
URIAH HEEP SALISBURY ORIG JAPAN G/F INS PLAYS NM- NM DEEP PURPLE VACUUM CLEANED! US $49.99 [0 bids]
32m 10s
URIAH HEEP MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY ORIG JAPAN PLAYS NM COV NM- DEEP PURPLE VAC CLEAN US $69.99 [0 bids]
32m 23s
Uriah Heep Demons And Wizards Lp Record US $2.00 [0 bids]
41m 31s
Uriah Heep 8 Track US $0.99 [0 bids]
57m 16s
URIAH HEEP 45 & PICTURE SLEEVE / LADY IN BLACK / EASY LIVIN' US $3.99 [0 bids]
57m 20s
SEALED- URIAH HEEP - INNOCENT VICTIM -RCA CLUB EDITION -1977 - MINT US $14.50 [3 bids]
Power to the Rockers by Uriah Heep (CD, Garland) US $0.99 [1 bids]
3x URIAH HEEP LP's: The Best of in Shrink, Live,The Magician's Birthday w/Insert US $4.99 [1 bids]
Uriah Heep - Raging Silence - Cassette US $3.19 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself NEW CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards NEW CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 1h 53m
URIAH HEEP The Best of Uriah Heep P-10139 LP q2950 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Salisbury NEW CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 2h 15m
URIAH HEEP: Demons And Wizards (Metal Mercury SRM-1-630 Vinyl LP) US $4.94 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP: The Best of (Rock & Pop Mercury SRM-1-695 Vinyl LP) US $9.94 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep The Magicians Birthday Island Press German LP Nm US $68.98 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Uriah Heep Look At Yourself Island Press German LP Nm US $69.98 Buy It Now 2h 42m
URIAH HEEP Demons And Wizards CD Mercury 1972/1989 Art Rock / Hard Rock US $8.95 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Logical Revelations [VINYL] Uriah Heep Vinyl US $33.77 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Uriah Heep Demons And Wizards Sealed Lp German Import New Mint RARE US $89.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
URIAH HEEP " DEMONS AND WIZARDS" 8 TRACK TAPE US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Demons and Wizards by Uriah Heep (CD, Jan-1989, Mercury) US $0.99 [1 bids]
URIAH HEEP LONELY NIGHTS IMPORT PICTURE DISC PHONOGRAPH RECORD US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Uriah Heep / Official Bootleg CD US $16.88 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Anthology Uriah Heep~RARE 1985 2 LP French Import Hard Rock~Raw Power~FAST SHIP! US $21.95 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Firefly [UK Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Uriah Heep (CD, Sep-2001, Castle... US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 14m
URIAH HEEP-ABOMINOG-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL+OBI US $67.99 Buy It Now 6h 20m
URIAH HEEP-THE VERY BEST OF~-JAPAN ONLY ISSUE 2LPs+OBI US $149.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Live in Armenia Uriah Heep CD US $14.77 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Uriah Heep - Easy Livin' [Import] (CD 2006)- 24HR POST US $16.79 Buy It Now 7h 47m
URIAH HEEP-RETURN TO FANTASY-JAPAN ISSUE 7" US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Guitar Rock Time Life CD Guitar Thunder Blue Cheer Scorpions Uriah Heep Benatar US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 22m
URIAH HEEP - Fallen Angel - GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $48.39 Buy It Now 8h 32m
LP - GERMANY PRESS - URIAH HEEP (FIREFLY) - 1977 - BRONZE 28 520 XOT - Gatefold US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
LP GERMANY PRESS - URIAH HEEP (FALLEN ANGEL) - 1978 - BRONZE 26 449 + CALENDER US $20.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Uriah Heep - Sonic Origami CD SPITFIRE US $16.00 Buy It Now 9h 39m
URIAH HEEP 7" PS Japan LOOK AT YOURSELF?r6502 US $11.80 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Rock Box CD Album Black Sabbath,Motorhead,Hawkwind,Gary Moore,Uriah Heep,UFO... US $4.19 Buy It Now 11h 12m
URIAH HEEP - URIAH HEEP music cd US $4.62 Buy It Now 11h 27m
URIAH HEEP ULTRA RARE YUGOSLAVIA MISPRESS CASSETTE TAPE, NO VINYL US $16.00 Buy It Now 12h 2m
Uriah Heep Abominog Excellent Condition LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 12h 14m
URIAH HEEP - LOOK AT YOURSELF [Remastered] ??? ? ??? NEW SEALED CD 2013 ????? US $12.50 Buy It Now 12h 57m
URIAH HEEP VERY 'EAVY...VERY 'UMBLE LP RARE MINT SEALED ATOMIC ROOSTER RUSH US $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 5m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE US $16.81 Buy It Now 13h 6m
URIAH HEEP: The Magicians Birthday SRM 1-652 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Uriah heep-1985 magazine advert US $8.39 Buy It Now 13h 49m
7"-Single LUCIFER'S FRIEND - Hobo (1972) MINT GERMANY PS JOHN LAWTON URIAH HEEP US $49.99 Buy It Now 13h 57m
URIAH HEEP Son Of A Bitch" 1982 7" RECORD U.S. ISSUE NEVER PLAYED US $3.00 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Uriah Heep Abominog Rare Vinyl LP Record VG++ US $8.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Salisbury Expanded Limited 180gram Audiophile 2LP Set US $47.05 Buy It Now 15h
URIAH HEEP LOOK AT YOURSELF M1 MATRIX STAMP VG++ HEAR IT US $18.00 Buy It Now 15h 9m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIANS BIRTHDAY 1972 WITH LYRIC SHEET VG++ HEAR IT US $13.00 Buy It Now 15h 11m
7" Single 45 P/S- URIAH HEEP-Love Stealer/No Return-1980-Original Brazil Edition US $15.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Salisbury-Island-85 691IT-Germany-VG/VG US $33.60 Buy It Now 15h 23m
URIAH HEEP Look At Yourself/What Should Be Done (Island) Italy PS US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Blood on Stone Anthology Vol. 2 Uriah Heep 2 CD set in case w/ book US $19.95 Buy It Now 15h 43m
Wizards: The Best Of - Uriah Heep (2011, CD New) US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 45m
V.A.Live Rock Masters [Remaster] [DualDisc] W/38 Special, Uriah Heep, Tesla. US $7.95 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP Demons and Wizards LP VG+ US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 52m
URIAH HEEP - SPELLBINDER LIVE (Cologne, June 23, 1994) - Like new US $9.90 Buy It Now 16h 2m
Slip Double: Uriah Heep : Official Bootleg Live In kawasaki Japan 2010 2CDs US $28.89 [0 bids]
(ROCK 2LP) URIAH HEEP - LIVE US $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Uriah Heep - Uriah Heep / On the Rebound : 40th Anniversary Anthology - 2738430 US $15.73 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Uriah Heep - The Best Of... Part 1 - SMRCD205 US $13.78 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Uriah Heep - The Collection - PLSCD783 US $13.65 Buy It Now 16h 44m
The Gods - Genesis CD (2002) Prog Rock (1968) (Uriah Heep) US $14.10 Buy It Now 16h 47m
URIAH HEEP Abominog JAPAN MINI-LP CD OBI SEALED +6 1982 US $24.99 Buy It Now 16h 50m
Uriah Heep - Wizards: The Best Of [CD New] US $17.33 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Nazareth +++ Uriah Heep +++ Led Zeppelin - Set 4 cd`s - Russian Edition 90th US $8.30 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Live In Europe NEW CD US $13.92 Buy It Now 17h 40m
Uriah Heep "Wonderworld" 1974 Warner Bros. LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 46m
THE BEST OF HARD ROCK CD Ft Motorhead Uriah Heep Gary Moore Status Quo Tempest US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 52m
URIAH HEEP - WIZARDS: BEST OF NEW CD US $20.05 Buy It Now 17h 57m
URIAH HEEP - FIREFLY TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $70.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - RETURN TO FANTASY TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $60.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP LOOK AT YOURSELF BRONZE YS-2649-BZ Japanese pressing Vinyl LP US $7.50 [8 bids]
URIAH HEEP LIVE CD 1973 LONDON GYPS LOOK AT YOURSELF JULY MORNING AND MORE US $5.50 Buy It Now 19h
URIAH HEEP DEMONS WIZARDS ORIGINAL GERMANY PRRESSING MATRIX A1/B1/ 1986 EX/EX US $18.00 Buy It Now 19h 9m
URIAH HEEP - HIGH AND MIGHTY TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $70.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP SWEET FREEDOM ENGLAND PRESSING 1990 EX/EX US $18.00 Buy It Now 19h 13m
URIAH HEEP "SALISBURY" ORIGINAL US MERCURY SR-61319, STEREO VG++ US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY" ORIGINAL US 1972 SRM-1-652, STEREO VG+ US $12.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP LIVE JANUARY 1973 MERCURY RECORDS SRM-2-7503 VINYL 2XLP VG++ US $17.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "RETURN TO FANTASY" ORIGINAL US 1975 WARNER BROS. BS-2869 US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP FALLEN ANGEL RARE ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAVIA 1ST PRESS 1978 EX+/EX+ US $28.00 Buy It Now 19h 21m
Uriah Heep - Salisbury (1971) LP - UK Vertigo Swirl Label! 6360 028 EX/NM US $252.00 [4 bids]
CD Double: Uriah Heep : Remasters Anthology US $11.33 Buy It Now 19h 36m
URIAH HEEP - RAGING SILENCE - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $17.98 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Uriah Heep - Magician's Birthday (1972 Sealed CD) US $6.99 Buy It Now 19h 44m
Uriah Heep - Salisbury LP & Inner ** 1st Press 1971 Vertigo Swirl 6360 028 L** US $149.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP " EASY LIVIN' / WHY " RARE ORIGINAL GREEK COPY ROCK 7" 1972 US $11.99 Buy It Now 19h 51m
URIAH HEEP EMPTY THE VAULTS: RARITIES + 8 BONUS TRACKS UK CD *NEW* CMRCD237 US $39.97 Buy It Now 20h 12m
Uriah Heep "Demons and Wizards" LP Rare Russian Press US $14.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep The Best Of German Reissue LP # 28 784 XOT new unplayed vinyl US $23.52 Buy It Now 20h 45m
Wake the Sleeper by Uriah Heep (CD, Jun-2008, Sanctuary (USA)) US $5.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP Best Of "Sonderauflage" GERMANY CD issue US $21.25 Buy It Now 20h 55m
URIAH HEEP-URIAH HEEP LIVE LP 1973 VERY RARE EXL US $24.99 [0 bids]
Abominog ~ Uriah Heep - Rare Cassette Tape Mercury Records 1982 Fast Shipping!! US $5.95 Buy It Now 21h 2m
Wizards: The Best of Uriah Heep Uriah Heep CD US $14.34 Buy It Now 21h 8m
3 URIAH HEEP cassettes US $1.50 [0 bids]

More places to buy URIAH HEEP music online Buy URIAH HEEP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for URIAH HEEP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party ratings distribution

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars What can I say about this album? Just buy the CD! It's an excellent live recording with an excellent production. If you enjoy live recording, you will definitely love this album. Beyond my expectation, Bernie Shaw performs really well in this record. He even can manage various tones of vocals as required by the songs. The appearance of guests has enhanced this record. I especially like the feature of THIJS VAN LEER of FOCUS in "Tales". He performs nice flute playing throughout the spectrum of the song. He plays flute softly but it flows through continuously with the music. "Tales" is much better performed in this live version compared to studio version (under THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY album). This CD should have been released in DOUBLE CD as I notice there are a lot of elimination from original live performance. That's the reason why I give four-star. I definitely give five-star if all tracks are recorded in CD version.

KEN HENSLEY was invited at the JULY MORNING where he still demonstrates his unique sound of organ / keyboard. I also love the appearance of JOHN LAWTON my favorite singer that was previously with LUCIFER'S FRIEND. Unfortunately LAWTON's performance is bit below my expectation even though it still great overall. MICK BOX still perform wonderfully with his unique guitar sound. In some tracks, TREVOR BOLDER demonstrates his shuffling bass guitar playing. One important notice I want to mention is on drummer: LEE KERSLAKE still energetically plays his sticks and pedal drum excellently. He even sometimes sings. Great drum play Mr. KERSLAKE!!

There is a DVD version of this show and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to purchase this DVD. It's a masterpiece!! I even rate this DVD with FIVE STAR as it's so attractive in terms of stage performance as well as sound & image production. I also like the nuances created by the DVD about the show: audience entering the ticket gates (most of them beyond 40 man!), the band's press conference, general rehearsal. There are songs that are eliminated in CD version, including the great one: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. I especially love BERNIE SHAW's singing style in this song. You should have this DVD. This DVD is my all-time favorite. It's great having this collection as the classic stuffs performed excellently by old and new members of URIAH HEEP. HEEPSTERMANIA would definitely love this record. Long live URIAH HEEP!!!! - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#31440) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Emotional

The Magician's Birthday party has become an annual event, celebrating Uriah Heep through the years. It sees the current line up being joined by former members, and other well known performers.

This recording covers the first "party" held in 2001. The highlight is undoubtedly the appearance of founder member Ken Hensley, who wrote most of the band's most famous works, and contributed the Hammond organ element of their wall of sound. The band play a commendable set covering a cross section of their songs through the years.

Original lead singer David Byron is remembered in the lyrics of "Between two worlds", while Thijs Van Leer gives "Tales" from "The magician's birthday" album a whole new dimension with some wonderful flute playing and yodelling(!). Hensley joins the band for "July morning", and remains on stage from then on. Byron's replacement John Lawton also participates later on, his distinctive voice contrasting with current singer Bernie Shaw's more Byron like sound. The highlight for me is the rare live performance of "Paradise/The spell" complete with Hensley's wonderful slide guitar solo.

The emotional significance of seeing Hensley back with Uriah Heep will be lost on those who are not familiar the band. It is however a definitive moment in their history. With the event also being available on DVD, I would suggest that it would be best to obtain the combined CD/DVD package.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#31441) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Over the past few months I have been soaking up the entire Uriah Heep catalog, one album at a time. This package is the crown jewel of everything I have heard thus far. It's a specially packaged DVD Video, CD, and Booklet set that I have been so very fortunate to receive. Since my DVD player is on the fritz, I figured I could at least review the CD. To be quite honest I just couldn't wait, I had to hear it. I make no bones about it folks; I have always loved Uriah Heep. They were the first progressive rock band I ever listened to. At the time I didn't know what the hell I was hearing, I just knew I really liked it. Now I am self professed prog-rock freak and a loyal Heepster to the core!

This one-time special evening on December 7th 2001 brought together original members Ken Hensley and Mick Box for the first time in twenty years. Hensley left the group so abruptly it seemed that he never really got a chance to say goodbye to all the loyal fans that supported the group he helped to build. Ken finally got his chance to say thanks and goodbye all in one spectacular evening. Known for his tremendously talented keyboarding skills, many folks don't realize he originally started on the guitar. Well, he picked up that six-string on this night and played some rousing slide, much to the delight of the charmed audience. This was a magical night filled with many memorable highlights. This event started a entire group of Heep related parties with books, memorabilia, a Christmas party, an evening with John Lawton and Ken Hensley, Lawton's band had an evening to play, and finally the Heep Festival Club bash, which featured all things Heep to get you warmed up for the main event.

These guys are all middle aged rockers, some balding (like yours truly), but they still can still keep up with the younger artists, and they sound just as good as they ever did, and much better than many groups half their age. Listen now, every song is just killer on this CD, with no exception. The band is rockin' straight on through the night without any dithering whatsoever. The musicianship is beyond reproach and the singing is simply fantastic, and that includes the lead, harmony, and background singing. What else do I need to say? You can see the songs that are presented here, all classic Heep, covering most of their long and storied career, its all here. Even Thijis Van Leer of Focus is on hand to do his famous yodeling and play some flute.

The accompanying booklet is filled with gorgeous color shots of the evening's concert along with informative liner notes. And the DVD is the second part that makes this package complete. I can hardly wait to watch it; it's making me as crazy as a bedbug not being able to view it, so standby for the review come hell or high water.

Make sure you pay a visit to the marvelous Classic Rock Productions site. They have PDF press kits for downloading so you can read about the new releases, beautiful shots of both CD and DVD covers from releases that they offer, just about everything you could possibly imagine that you would want to find on a label's site and more is found there. It's a very entertaining and informative site, with just tons of all of your favorite classic prog-rock music. So its time to get back in a good rock and roll groove and log on to their site to purchase this outstanding memento to the rock legends Uriah Heep. If you are a prog-rock lover you need to do this, it's your duty to carry the torch to the next generation of listeners. This is your time to bask in the glow of some of the greatest live progressive rock music you shall ever hear, nuff' said.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#31444) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005

Post a review of URIAH HEEP "The Magician's Birthday Party"