THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

- Bernie Shaw / lead vocals

- Special guests: Ken Hensley, John Lawton, Thijs van Leer
- Emma Robbins, Kim Chandler, Aileen McLaughlin / backing singers

2002 UK: CRL0933

and to easy livin for the last updates

URIAH HEEP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party Music

Island / Mercury 1990
SalisburySalisbury
LiveLive
Island / Mercury 1989
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Uriah Heep
Island Def Jam 2011
Sweet FreedomSweet Freedom
Extra tracks · Import
Demons & WizardsDemons & Wizards
Import · Remastered
Sanctuary UK 2004
Very Eavy Very UmbleVery Eavy Very Umble
Universal I.S. 2004
URIAH HEEP head first LP 10 track but has promo stamp on rear cover and has ligh US $8.86 Buy It Now 1h 3m
BIG ELF Closer to Doom CD (SEALED!) Uriah Heep US $0.01 [0 bids]
MOTHERSHIP S/T LP THE HEAVY EYES BLACK SABBATH URIAH HEEP SOUTHERN STONER ROCK US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
The Gods - To Samuel a Son CD (2002) Prog Rock (1969) (Uriah Heep) US $14.08 Buy It Now 1h 45m
URIAH HEEP:FALLEN ANGEL+9 US $10.05 Buy It Now 1h 46m
URIAH HEEP:HIGH AND MIGHTY US $10.05 Buy It Now 1h 46m
URIAH HEEP:LIVE IN ATHENS US $11.73 Buy It Now 1h 47m
URIAH HEEP:LOOK AT YOURSELF US $10.05 Buy It Now 1h 47m
URIAH HEEP:SEA OF LIGHT+3 US $11.73 Buy It Now 1h 48m
URIAH HEEP:SWEET FREEDOM+6 REMAST US $10.05 Buy It Now 1h 48m
URIAH HEEP:WAKE THE SLEEPER US $10.05 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Uriah Heep The Magician's Birthday 1972 1st GK Press, ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC US $48.75 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Uriah Heep "The Best Of..1975 Bronze Comp.German 28 784 XQT EX VINYL US $0.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - THE BEST OF 1st Polish Press Cassette BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $4.90 Buy It Now 2h 12m
JOHN WETTON Voice Mail CD *SEALED *Japan 94 King Crimson Robert Fripp Uriah Heep US $79.95 Buy It Now 2h 33m
GRAND PRIX-SAMURAI,PRIVATE METAL,NWOBHM,PRAYING MANTIS,MAGNUM,URIAH HEEP,SEALED US $8.00 [0 bids]
Return to Fantasy [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Uriah Heep US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h 23m
URIAH HEEP LOOK AT YOURSELF LP VG US $6.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BDAY CD 1990 COLLECTIBLE US $8.79 Buy It Now 3h 59m
KEN HENSLEY Eager To Please 1975 LP Demo Uriah Heep PROMO US $41.95 Buy It Now 4h
Various Artists - Rock Box [Documents] (asia, atomic rooster, uriah heep US $6.63 Buy It Now 4h 5m
URIAH HEEP LIVE:(BRONZE 1973) 2xLP INNER SLEEVES PRESENT BUT NO COVER, DISKS EX US $21.79 Buy It Now 4h 10m
URIAH HEEP - 1980 ticket stub HAMMERSMITH ODEON, LONDON US $16.76 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Uriah Heep LP The Best Of Uriah Heep * Island Records Greece Import US $7.83 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - Sailing The Sea Of Light - CD/DVD/BOOK SET (Classic Rock Legends) US $34.99 [0 bids]
KEN HENSLEY / URIAH HEEP - The Anthology (Castle Music #CMACD569) - VERY RARE! US $39.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY LP US $12.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP INTO THE WILD SEALED CD NEW 2011 US $14.22 Buy It Now 5h 12m
URIAH HEEP / THE BEST OF - Japan w/obi US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
URIAH HEEP - Demons And Wizards - LP PORTUGAL US $24.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP, ...Very 'Eavy Very 'Umble...UK 2nd pressing A2U matrix EXC- LP US $45.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday LP 1972 Mercury Canada 1st Press VG/VG Prog US $17.95 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Uriah Heep - Official Bootleg Vol 6: Live At The Rock Of Ages Festival Germany 2 US $18.29 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Uriah Heep Innocent Victim 8 Track Tape SEALED US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Slip Album: Uriah Heep : Live Sweden Rock Festival 2009 US $14.92 [0 bids]
CD Double: Ken Hensley & Live Fire : Live : Europe 2012 SIGNED Uriah Heep US $45.70 [0 bids]
CD Album: Uriah Heep : Head First : Remastered Extended US $14.66 [0 bids]
CD Double: Uriah Heep : Easy Livin' The Singles A's & B's US $20.54 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "EQUATOR", LP, RARE! US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
URIAH HEEP "INNOCENT VICTIM", LP, 1977, RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
URIAH HEEP "DEMONS AND WIZARDS" MERCURY BRONZE SRM 630 1ST US GATEFOLD 1972 US $69.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY UK BRONZE ORIG.1ST PRESS GATEFOLD 1972 US $99.99 [0 bids]
Look at Yourself by Uriah Heep (CD, May-2006, Polygram Mercury) US $0.99 [1 bids]
URIAH HEEP - DEMONS AND WIZARDS 1972 gatefold vinyl LP BRONZE ILPS 9193 UK + in US $21.79 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Wake Up(Stereo)/Same(Mono) 45 RPM Mercury Records PROMO US $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 41m
URIAH HEEP - FIREFLY TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $70.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Live 2 Lp's NM Vinyl "Mercury Red Label" US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 30m
URIAH HEEP - Look At Yourself, ORIGINAL 1971 MIRROR SLEEVE LP US $10.05 [1 bids]
The Best Of by URIAH HEEP 1976 [USA cassette] VG cond. US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
The Hensley Lawton Band - The Return (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED Uriah Heep US $30.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Kings Of World Music (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $18.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - The Best Of ...Part 1 (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED US $18.00 [0 bids]
Equator by Uriah Heep/new cd,not shrink wrapped US $6.95 Buy It Now 9h 19m
uriah heep return to fantasy LP vinil RARE EX MINT US $9.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Very 'eavy very 'umble Bronze Holland 88164 XAT A-1/B-1 Ex/Ex+ LP US $11.74 [7 bids]
URIAH HEEP demons & wizards LP - reissue/rock/prog UK POSTAGE 7 LP's 4 ! US $4.18 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP~RARE SEALED CASSETTE~URIAH HEEP LIVE~1973 USA 1ST PRESS~OUT OF PRINT US $24.00 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Uriah Heep - Equator (Cassette) Russia US $18.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - High And Mighty (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED US $20.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - The Magician's Birthday (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED US $20.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP innocent victim BRON 504 A1/B1 1st press uk bronze 1977 LP PS EX/EX US $61.06 Buy It Now 9h 56m
8 TRACK LOT FOGHAT LED ZEPPELIN URIAH HEEP KISS BEATLES PAT TRAVERS US $14.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Fallen Angel Large Button Badge Ex 5.5cms 1978 Vintage US $16.78 Buy It Now 10h
URIAH HEEP Demons And Wizards 1987 FRANCE CD rare oop 1. MPO 01 MATRIX no target US $14.99 [0 bids]
Ken Hensley - The Anthology (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED Uriah Heep US $18.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "NM WAX" The Magician's Birthday YZ-1-BZ OBI LP L2426 US $42.00 [6 bids]
Lp-URIAH HEEP-Sweet Freedom-1973 Stealin' US $5.99 [0 bids]
KEN HENSLEY - Free Spirit CD 1980/93 Repertoire - REP 4343 VGC RARE (URIAH HEEP) US $25.99 [0 bids]
UFO-NO PLACE TO RUN 1980 LP/ IRON MAIDEN URIAH HEEP SCORPIONS US $4.99 [0 bids]
1980 - URIAH HEEP - Conquest + UK Tour Dates - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.08 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Uriah Heep Bronze 538 Abominog US $9.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep Sonic Origami 1999 CD Spitfire Records Bernie Shaw Lee Kerslake US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 7m
Demons and Wizards by Uriah Heep (CD, Jan-1989, Mercury) US $5.95 Buy It Now 12h 31m
? Uriah Heep - Anthology (2 LP set) (France) (gatefold cover) (with "Easy Livin' US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Uriah Heep - Wonderworld 1974 USA Orig. VG/E US $3.99 [1 bids]
URIAH HEEP 7" 45 SOMETHING OR NOTHING NM PROMO U.S. NICE!!!!!!! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep -Fallen Angel 1978 USA Orig. Lyrics VG+/E US $3.99 [1 bids]
Uriah Heep Fallen Angel 1978 Chrysalis Records Vinyl - VG++ US $14.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP Demons And Wizards - 1972 LP SRM 1 630 Excellent US $8.49 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Uriah heep Raging Silence German Cassette Tape US $8.99 Buy It Now 13h 38m
URIAH HEEP LIVE AT SHEPPERTON 74 CLAD 192 CD STILL SEALED US $13.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep - Official Bootleg Vol 6: Live At The Rock Of Ages Festival NEW CD US $15.77 Buy It Now 14h 16m
URIAH HEEP RETURN TO FANTASY BS 2869 & WONDERWORLD W 2800 LP 2 LPS US $35.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP "THE MAGICANS BIRTHDAY" LP NEAR MINT US $5.00 [1 bids]
Revelations Anthology, Uriah Heep, Import US $23.19 Buy It Now 15h 45m
FIRM Mean Business LP LED ZEPPELIN Jim Page BAD COMPANY Rodgers URIAH HEEP US $7.99 [0 bids]
FIRM s/t LP LED ZEPPELIN Jimmy Page BAD COMPANY Rodgers URIAH HEEP US $7.99 [0 bids]
FRAMED Vintage LP Vinyl RECORD Album Demons and Wizards URIAH HEEP mercury US $9.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP, LIVE, JANUARY 1973, 2 LP SET; VERY GOOD+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
17h
URIAH HEEP-THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY-CD-OOP LED ZEPPELIN BLACK SABBATH DEEP PURPLE US $6.99 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep / Abominog JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $25.99 Buy It Now 17h 57m
URIAH HEEP - STILL EAVY STILL PROUD CD ALBUM US $13.92 Buy It Now 17h 59m
URIAH HEEP**LIVE: JANUARY 1973**2 VINYL SET With Program US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 18m
URIAH HEEP THE MAGICIANS BIRTHDAY ULTRA RARE NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE TAPE!! US $14.86 Buy It Now 18h 52m
URIAH HEEP GRFALLEN ANGEL ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! US $17.65 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Rough Diamond - Self Titled S/T 1977 1st Press LP Uriah Heep PROG Roc US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 45m
URIAH HEEP Wonderworld 1974 PROG LP W2800 NM USA MADE WARNER US $20.00 Buy It Now 19h 50m
Uriah Heep - The Best Of ...Part 2 (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED US $18.00 [0 bids]
Uriah Heep "Salisbury" CD + 2 bonus tracks (Castle Communications 1996 UK) US $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 9m
Uriah Heep Wonderworld Vinyl LP Excellent Condition US $11.99 Buy It Now 21h 56m

More places to buy URIAH HEEP music online Buy URIAH HEEP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for URIAH HEEP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party ratings distribution

URIAH HEEP The Magician's Birthday Party reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars What can I say about this album? Just buy the CD! It's an excellent live recording with an excellent production. If you enjoy live recording, you will definitely love this album. Beyond my expectation, Bernie Shaw performs really well in this record. He even can manage various tones of vocals as required by the songs. The appearance of guests has enhanced this record. I especially like the feature of THIJS VAN LEER of FOCUS in "Tales". He performs nice flute playing throughout the spectrum of the song. He plays flute softly but it flows through continuously with the music. "Tales" is much better performed in this live version compared to studio version (under THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY album). This CD should have been released in DOUBLE CD as I notice there are a lot of elimination from original live performance. That's the reason why I give four-star. I definitely give five-star if all tracks are recorded in CD version.

KEN HENSLEY was invited at the JULY MORNING where he still demonstrates his unique sound of organ / keyboard. I also love the appearance of JOHN LAWTON my favorite singer that was previously with LUCIFER'S FRIEND. Unfortunately LAWTON's performance is bit below my expectation even though it still great overall. MICK BOX still perform wonderfully with his unique guitar sound. In some tracks, TREVOR BOLDER demonstrates his shuffling bass guitar playing. One important notice I want to mention is on drummer: LEE KERSLAKE still energetically plays his sticks and pedal drum excellently. He even sometimes sings. Great drum play Mr. KERSLAKE!!

There is a DVD version of this show and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to purchase this DVD. It's a masterpiece!! I even rate this DVD with FIVE STAR as it's so attractive in terms of stage performance as well as sound & image production. I also like the nuances created by the DVD about the show: audience entering the ticket gates (most of them beyond 40 man!), the band's press conference, general rehearsal. There are songs that are eliminated in CD version, including the great one: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. I especially love BERNIE SHAW's singing style in this song. You should have this DVD. This DVD is my all-time favorite. It's great having this collection as the classic stuffs performed excellently by old and new members of URIAH HEEP. HEEPSTERMANIA would definitely love this record. Long live URIAH HEEP!!!! - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#31440) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Emotional

The Magician's Birthday party has become an annual event, celebrating Uriah Heep through the years. It sees the current line up being joined by former members, and other well known performers.

This recording covers the first "party" held in 2001. The highlight is undoubtedly the appearance of founder member Ken Hensley, who wrote most of the band's most famous works, and contributed the Hammond organ element of their wall of sound. The band play a commendable set covering a cross section of their songs through the years.

Original lead singer David Byron is remembered in the lyrics of "Between two worlds", while Thijs Van Leer gives "Tales" from "The magician's birthday" album a whole new dimension with some wonderful flute playing and yodelling(!). Hensley joins the band for "July morning", and remains on stage from then on. Byron's replacement John Lawton also participates later on, his distinctive voice contrasting with current singer Bernie Shaw's more Byron like sound. The highlight for me is the rare live performance of "Paradise/The spell" complete with Hensley's wonderful slide guitar solo.

The emotional significance of seeing Hensley back with Uriah Heep will be lost on those who are not familiar the band. It is however a definitive moment in their history. With the event also being available on DVD, I would suggest that it would be best to obtain the combined CD/DVD package.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#31441) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Over the past few months I have been soaking up the entire Uriah Heep catalog, one album at a time. This package is the crown jewel of everything I have heard thus far. It's a specially packaged DVD Video, CD, and Booklet set that I have been so very fortunate to receive. Since my DVD player is on the fritz, I figured I could at least review the CD. To be quite honest I just couldn't wait, I had to hear it. I make no bones about it folks; I have always loved Uriah Heep. They were the first progressive rock band I ever listened to. At the time I didn't know what the hell I was hearing, I just knew I really liked it. Now I am self professed prog-rock freak and a loyal Heepster to the core!

This one-time special evening on December 7th 2001 brought together original members Ken Hensley and Mick Box for the first time in twenty years. Hensley left the group so abruptly it seemed that he never really got a chance to say goodbye to all the loyal fans that supported the group he helped to build. Ken finally got his chance to say thanks and goodbye all in one spectacular evening. Known for his tremendously talented keyboarding skills, many folks don't realize he originally started on the guitar. Well, he picked up that six-string on this night and played some rousing slide, much to the delight of the charmed audience. This was a magical night filled with many memorable highlights. This event started a entire group of Heep related parties with books, memorabilia, a Christmas party, an evening with John Lawton and Ken Hensley, Lawton's band had an evening to play, and finally the Heep Festival Club bash, which featured all things Heep to get you warmed up for the main event.

These guys are all middle aged rockers, some balding (like yours truly), but they still can still keep up with the younger artists, and they sound just as good as they ever did, and much better than many groups half their age. Listen now, every song is just killer on this CD, with no exception. The band is rockin' straight on through the night without any dithering whatsoever. The musicianship is beyond reproach and the singing is simply fantastic, and that includes the lead, harmony, and background singing. What else do I need to say? You can see the songs that are presented here, all classic Heep, covering most of their long and storied career, its all here. Even Thijis Van Leer of Focus is on hand to do his famous yodeling and play some flute.

The accompanying booklet is filled with gorgeous color shots of the evening's concert along with informative liner notes. And the DVD is the second part that makes this package complete. I can hardly wait to watch it; it's making me as crazy as a bedbug not being able to view it, so standby for the review come hell or high water.

Make sure you pay a visit to the marvelous Classic Rock Productions site. They have PDF press kits for downloading so you can read about the new releases, beautiful shots of both CD and DVD covers from releases that they offer, just about everything you could possibly imagine that you would want to find on a label's site and more is found there. It's a very entertaining and informative site, with just tons of all of your favorite classic prog-rock music. So its time to get back in a good rock and roll groove and log on to their site to purchase this outstanding memento to the rock legends Uriah Heep. If you are a prog-rock lover you need to do this, it's your duty to carry the torch to the next generation of listeners. This is your time to bask in the glow of some of the greatest live progressive rock music you shall ever hear, nuff' said.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#31444) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005

Post a review of URIAH HEEP "The Magician's Birthday Party"