RIPPLES IN TIME

Buy CHROME SHIFT Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Nightmachine (5:24)
2. Full Moon (4:45)
3. In My Own Dream (4:13)
4. Shadowsong (1:07)
5. Through (5:54)
6. Kosmonauten Er Død (3:56)
7. Le Temp Des Assassins (3:47)
8. Sorry (4:39)
9. Ripples In Time I (5:16)
10. Ripples In Time II (5:31)
11. Ripples In Time III (4:41)
12. Ripples In Time IV (4:27)

Search CHROME SHIFT Ripples In Time lyrics

Search CHROME SHIFT Ripples In Time tabs

- Otto Schütt / guitars
- Jens Christian Nielsen / bass
- Jakob Paulsen / keyboards
- Poul Terkildsen / drums
- Rasmus Bak / vocals

CD DVS Records #DVS008 (2003)

CHROME SHIFT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CHROME SHIFT Ripples In Time Music

Ripples In TimeRipples In Time
DVS

More places to buy CHROME SHIFT music online Buy CHROME SHIFT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CHROME SHIFT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CHROME SHIFT Ripples In Time ratings distribution

CHROME SHIFT Ripples In Time reviews

3 stars 3.5 stars. Man i had such a hard time with this rating. There is so much to like about this Prog-Metal record from Denmark. The problem for me was it didn't have that ingredients that move me or excite me. It's a great listen but I would reach for dozens of other Prog-Metal cds before I would this one. I'm not a big fan of how the synths are used on this album, and I wish there was more bottom end. It's lacking emotion for me as well. I'm just trying to justify my rating because this is good music.

The first track "Nightmachine" is ok but perhaps not the best track to start off with. "Full Moon" makes up for it though. Some heaviness on this one comes and goes throughout. "In My Own Dream" is another highlight for me and the best so far. I like when he sings "In my own dream" with the backup vocals. Blistering guitar 3 minutes in. Great tune. "Shadowsong" features piano and synths and it's so beautiful. "Through" opens and closes with rain and thunder. In between the focus is on the vocals. It's ok. "Kosmonauten Er Dod" is an uptempo and heavy soundscape but the synths make it average for my tastes.

"Le Temp Des Assassins" opens with a jet taking off. It features thundering drums and aggressive vocals. "Sorry" is better as it goes from mellow to rather emotional and passionate. Some atmosphere 2 minutes in. He screams after 2 1/2 minutes followed by some tasteful guitar. "Ripples In Time" is divided into 4 parts. The first part opens with some synth waves before the drums come in and then some heaviness. I like the deep bass that folows the vocals. Part II continues with some monster bass in the intro. Almost doom-like before 3 minutes. Ripping guitar follows. Part III is slower paced but heavy. Man I wish the rest of the album was like the first three parts of this title track. This part does turn mellow with reserved vocals though. The tempo picks up after 3 minutes. The final part opens with piano. This may be almost ballad-like but it's pretty amazing.

Good but not great.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#172455) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Ripples In Time" is the debut full-length studio album by Danish progressive metal act Chrome Shift. The album was released in 2003 through DVS Records.

The music on the album is progressive metal. Itīs heavy yet melodic vers/ chorus oriented metal. The challenging instrumental parts are kept to a minimum so this is actually more regular heavy metal with progressive elements than full-blown progressive metal IMO. The keyboards do give the album a progressive sound though and the last four songs which seque into each other to form the epic title track also display some progressive tendencies. Donīt expect this to be as challenging as a act like Dream Theater or their ilk though. The compositions are generally of a solid quality but they do lack originality and a personal sound IMO.

The musicianship is excellent. Lead vocalist Rasmus Bak has a strong and powerful voice and the interplay between the rest of the band is impeccable.

The production is solid but not excellent.

"Ripples In Time" is a good album but it will first and foremost appeal to fans of vers/ chorus song oriented progressive metal and not fans of the more challenging part of the genre. I mostly belong to the latter and I find the music on "Ripples In Time" to be a bit too safe and not adventurous enough for my taste. But as I stated above itīs a good album in the respect that the musicianship and the compositions are of high quality. A 2.5 - 3 star rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#229868) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Review by b_olariu
4 stars I will beggin my review by saying that my fellow prog metal lover sinkadotentree describe exactly what is going on with this album, I feel the same all the way. This young danish prog metal band deliver a single album so far in 2003 named Ripples in time (what a great title), and is in my opinion a good one. The music is ok, even in places is quite intristing with many complex passages like on Sorry ,In My Own Dream or Kosmonauten Er Dod. Typical album for prog metal scene, with many good synth passages and blistering guitars, that gives to the album a good atmosphere. Sometimes they remind me of course of Dream Theater or Empty Tremor. So, as a whole a good album, pleasent most of the time .4 stars easy for sure, they disbanded in 2008

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#232071) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 17, 2009

4 stars This is the kind of band and the kind of record that make you love again prog-metal. A simple yet incredible well-crafted album with nothing but groove, songwriting and naiveness. The opening track, an old feature in this site for quite a while is a good taster and a solid entrance into these path ... (read more)

Report this review (#141910) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CHROME SHIFT "Ripples In Time"