KINGDOM COME

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME Music
Studio Album, released in 1972

1. Water (8:08)
2. Love is a spirit (4:17)
3. City melody (6:09)
4. Traffic light song (2:37)
5. The teacher (1:53)

irrigation" (7:24)
3. The whirlpool (4:16)
4. The hymn (4:15)
5. Water (8:08)
6. Love is (the spirit that will never die) (4:17)
7. City melody (6:09)
8. Trafic light song (2:37)
Bonus tracks on cd releases:
9. Trafic light song (2:40)
10. The hymn (5:57)
11. The experiment (8:44)

Search ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME Kingdom Come lyrics

Search ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME Kingdom Come tabs

- Arthur Brown / lead vocals
- Phil Shutt / bass
- Andy Dalby / guitar
- Michael Harris / keyboards
- Martin Steer / drums

LP Polydor 2310 178 / LP Kingdom Come LP 1 / CD Voiceprint VP 136 (1993) / CD Blueprint BP 136 (1997)

ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME Kingdom Come Music

Label
Audio CD$6.89 (used)
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - Journey CD OBI NEW! US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - Kingdom Come CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME - Journey LP (RARE US Press on PASSPORT, Diff. Cvr.) US $33.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come,The Lost Ears,Very Rare Original First Press,2XLP US $30.48 Buy It Now 4 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME JOURNEY RECORD LP 12" US $21.58 Buy It Now 6 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME Self-titled CD crazy world Castle Music US $8.00 [0 bids]
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come a retrospective Article US $11.01 Buy It Now 11 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME - Kingdom Come LP (RARE UK Import on POLYDOR) US $59.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Galactic Zoo Dossier by Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD, Feb-2010, Esoteric... US $14.98 Buy It Now 13 days
Journey by Arthur Brown/Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD, Mar-2010, 2 Discs,... US $15.75 Buy It Now 13 days
VAPOUR TRAILS, THE VT'S /Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come/ LP 1980 UK EX+/EX US $13.54 Buy It Now 14 days
Journey [Bonus Tracks] by Arthur Brown/Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD, Nov-2003 US $6.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Journey [Bonus Tracks] by Arthur Brown/Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD,... US $29.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGD - KINGDOM COME [ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME] - NEW CD US $15.67 Buy It Now 18 days
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - Galactic Zoo Dossier CD..UK prog..Castle US $12.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Journey by Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD, Musicworks/SSC, 1999, Switzerland.. US $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Kingdom Come by Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD, Mar-2010, Esoteric Recordings) US $18.68 Buy It Now 23 days
Galactic Zoo Dossier by Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD, Feb-2010, Esoteric... US $18.68 Buy It Now 23 days
Journey by Arthur Brown/Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (CD, Mar-2010, 2 Discs,... US $19.46 Buy It Now 23 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME: Kingdom Come (rare rock & pop vinyl LP) US $75.00 Buy It Now 23 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME: Journey LP Rock & Pop US $20.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Journey, 1974 Passport Records PPS-98003 " Sealed" US $38.00 Buy It Now 26 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME-Journey US Orig LP US $45.99 Buy It Now 27 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME -Journey LP (RARE UK Import on POLYDOR) US $59.99 Buy It Now 28 days
ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGD - JOURNEY [ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME] [CD - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.70 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME music online Buy ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME Kingdom Come ratings distribution

ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME Kingdom Come reviews

Review by Proghead
3 stars This is Arthur BROWNn's second album with KINGDOM COME, a self-entitled album released in 1972. So you don't confuse it with any other band called KINGDOM COME (such as the '80s band), look for the album cover that has a crescent and star, and this is the album you'll be looking for. Things have changed in the KINGDOM COME lineup since the release of "Galactic Zoo Dossier". Bassist Desmond Fisher, and synthesizer player Julian Paul Brown are now out of the picture, leaving BROWN, guitarist Andy Dalby, keyboardist Michael "Goodge" Harris, and drummer Martin "Slim" Steer to find a new bassist, in this case Phil Shutt.

To me, I felt this album was bit of a disappointment compared with "Galactic Zoo Dossier". Certainly the album isn't bad, it just lacks the energy and punch of its predicessor (or it's successor). In fact, the opening cut, "Water" seems to exist to be atmospheric and little else. But luckily most of the rest of the album is better, like the ever catchy "Love is a Spirit", the twisted "City Medoly" and "The Experiment". As KINGDOM COME was a more democratic band than THE CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN, Arthur wasn't the only one handling the vocals as Andy Dalby also does some vocal duties, like on the acoustic part of "The Experiment". Perhaps the most outrageous (as well as tasteless) part of the album is near the end of "The Experiment" where Arthur BROWN literally sings: "I used to get up early in the morning/and listen to the rumbling of my bowels", complete with very crude sounds. Also of interest is the Mellotron makes it's very first appearance on an Arthur BROWN album, that is "Hymn" and the end part of "Water" (don't worry, "Kingdom Come"'s followup album uses the Mellotron much more extensively). The last song on the album, "Hymn" just sounds too gospel-y for my liking, and I thought that song, as well as "Water", were the album's low point, making it a bit uneven, but the rest is quite good material. Just whatever you do, when you get in to Arthur BROWN's KINGDOM COME material, make this your last purchase.

Send comments to Proghead (BETA) | Report this review (#31629) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 24, 2004

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars AB'sKC's second album is rather a miss than a hit, but could they have repeated the success of Galactic Zoo? Revolving personnel was a problem as was also the fact that Arthur Brown was not the only sionger. Do not get me wrong: dalby's vocals are correct , just that they do not match Arthur's.

Although the music is still mind-blowing psychadelia laced in with Emerson-like KBs , we have not the same kind of lunacy that made Galactic Zoo (or the future Journey) such an endearing album. Yes, Love Is A Spirit does have Brown theatric vocals and Scientific Experiment has weirdness all the way down from the scatologic ending state of his bowels , Yes you look around for the police car about to stop you for listening to the album.Yes , you are about to head for masss at the sound of the bell and this is extremely well recorded , but it lack a little "je-ne-sais-quoi" to make it a real interesting album.

Please note that the track oprder is different on the Lp than on Cd releases. The never impressive Voiceprint label CD edition mentionned above has the booklet not even mentioning the bonus track. Start with Galactic Zoo and jump to Journey before touching this album!

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#47757) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 22, 2005

Review by jammun
3 stars This is Arthur Brown's second album with the Kingdom Come crew, albeit with a few personnel changes. For some reason, the CD reissue reverses the playing order of what were Side 1 and Side 2 of the original LP, which is inane, if for no other reason than if you don't hear Traffic Light Song first (which was Side 1 Track 4), nothing on what was Side 2 will make what little sense it does!

All that being said, this is a marked dropoff from the brilliance of Galactic Zoo Dossier. The opening cuts -- Water and Love Is The Spirit -- are slower songs, which isn't the forte of this band. City Melody is nice organ-driven prog, but nothing special. Traffic Light Song is the segue to Side 2, which is where the good stuff lies. The Teacher sets things up, then we get to the two classic tracks on the LP: A Scientific Experiment and The whirlpool. This is more what one would expect from the band: an unfathomable time signature, great organ and guitar, bizarre lyrics, and general madness. This is 5 star stuff, a worthy follow-up to GZD, but in the end we get The Hymn, with its admirable though naive lyrics and a so-so Andy Dalby guitar solo.

I'd love to give this a 5, based on what's best here, but realistically this only rates a 3; still I would say it should be a part of any comprehensive collection of early-70s prog.

Oh, to complete the lyrics quoted by Proghead: And as my sphincter was yawning/that's when I practiced my open vowels...

Send comments to jammun (BETA) | Report this review (#130643) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 28, 2007

Review by loserboy
4 stars The 3rd album by Arthur Brown and his acid infused band of Merrymen showcasing their strange prog/psych tendencies to the max ! Songs dip and doodle from the bizarre to the strange in that certain Arthur Brown style. Musically these guys were something special for sure.....Just listen to the track "A Scientific Experiment featuring the lower Colonic Irrigation" (highlight of the album for me) as it offers a bit of just about everything. The album is chaulked full of surprises ...from church mass to Zappa-esque instumentation to Canterbury tales with the end results feeling something like a mild ode to Jethro Tull's "A Passion Play" masterpeice.

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#223871) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 29, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Whatever the band in charge, the genius behind the scene is the great and totally disjointed Arthur Brown. I am old enough (unfortunately) to have seen him in his first musical incarnation with a funny "Fire" video movie from 71.

This album is quite challenging and far from any easy approach to main stream music. On the contrary, this will demand quite an open mind to be accepted. To be fully honest, I was not in contact with this album at the time of release and my review is based on some later presumptions.

Still, some forty years after its release, this album shows unbelievable creative peaks. But that's the Arthur Browne world of music. I really would have liked to see him live during his latest tour at the Spirit of 66 some months ago. Maybe next time?

The combination of psyche/rock is best reached during the excellent "City Melody". A unique combo of experimental, heavy and totally crazy adventure. Maybe just a standard for this above than average creative guy.

You can experience his creative skills and totally special approach while you'll be confronted with "Traffic Light Song". Some bands would need several albums to deliver such music, needing an orchestra or some lousy concept. Arthur is far above these matters. Such are genius, I guess. A highlight.

Now, don't get me wrong: I like the man for the souvenirs he left me in my mind and when I listen to such an album, I can only applaud. Quite a good album indeed. Not a masterpiece but some definite disjointed psychedelia.

Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#255790) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 12, 2009

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars When I had spun the record for the first time I couldn't believe what I just had been put through. Totally off the wall, disjointed, insane and frankly quite impossible to penetrate. I was gobsmacked, confused and not impressed at all. Lycky, then, that I persevered and tried really hard finding the meaning behind all this ranting and raving.The point is that the album has alot to offer, if you are willing and able to dig through the rumble and chaos. At the end you will see or hear, as Howard Carter put it, wonderful things.

I came to understand the album through the track "Whirlpool", by way of Brown's strange sailor anthemish bit, or how to explain it. I listened to the beginning of the song several times, when I'd given up hope, and it stuck by me. After that the whole track and eventually the whole album unravelled it's secrets and the treasure was found.

When you've cracked the code the album it is strangely accessible, though fully impenetrable at first. The music is severely demented, yet so amazingly conceived it's blinding me. The british antics and references are definately to my taste and the ideas seemed to come flying by at crazy speed and in ever crazier numbers. There are a lot of sounds, bits and utter pieces joining in, making me wonder how on Earth you are able to concoct anything like this. The only real putdown, for me, is when Brown discusses his bowl movements accompanied by the band making silly, colonic noises. It is ridicilous and out of place, in fact it is below Brown I think. That put aside, the album is endearingly british, quirky, insane, utterly progressive and entertaining in every sense of the word.

As a result, I find "Kingdom come" being a true delight. While not worthy of five stars it is certainly an album of four, bright shining stars. From my first feelings of bewilderment and disgust, I am now amazed and in love with this album. There are tales of everything, to the sounds of folk, medieval, hard rock, amazing organ playing an progressive music of the highest caliber. Top notch! Sort of.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#960503) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 17, 2013

3 stars KINGDOM COME Kingdom Come (1972) (Esoteric 2010 Re-issue) *** This album has all the hallmarks of an `acid' album, this is confirmed in the sleeve notes as indeed being the case. It was recorded in the rural splendour of Rockfield Studios in 1972. This is Arthur's `water' album, it is sadly n ... (read more)

Report this review (#281158) | Posted by beebfader | Sunday, May 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Second outing from Mr Brown's 70's outfit. Slight personell shift on this one saw fewer members contributing. Still contained the excellent organ and guitar showmanship of Goodge Harris and Andy Dalby respectively, which is vital to the sound. Although not quite as good as the previous relea ... (read more)

Report this review (#126476) | Posted by kingdhansak | Thursday, June 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Depending on your taste; Kingdom Come's eponymous second output might be better than you are led to believe! I have to admit that Water, Love is a spirit, City melody, & Traffic light song are, IMO, pure [&*!#] (must be why they were pushed back on the cd's tracklist.)! But The teacher, The ex ... (read more)

Report this review (#106365) | Posted by Clark Ashton | Sunday, January 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Of the 3 Kingdom Come records the least interesting. My personal pick for#1 is Journeys, then Galactic Zoo Dossiers. Journeys has all the flow and wonder of a liquid trip to the stars. the harmonies and textures are what true Psych is made of, and the themes and drama are real-deal Prog. Like the ... (read more)

Report this review (#40666) | Posted by | Wednesday, July 27, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARTHUR BROWN'S KINGDOM COME "Kingdom Come"